Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6556 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Descent: Underground in Development on GOG.com
18. Re: Descent: Underground in Development on GOG.com Dec 21, 2016, 18:40 HorrorScope

FWIW I liked Descent and what was the other one like this? Foresaken that was huge back in the early days of GPU's? Crazy fps's.

Both of the updates talked about in here look pretty good to.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2016, 18:26 HorrorScope

Here are some interesting global #'s:

Mobile 41 billion up 18%. Asian dominated.

PC 35.8 billion up 7%. Asian FTP dominant.

Console messily 6.6 billion up 15%, because they have no damn Asian's who give two shits.

Their VR #'s cannot be right, must have a decimal error or aren't talking gross rev.

http://tinyurl.com/h3sz8r2

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale Thursday?
14. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2016, 00:05 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 20:16:
pockets wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 19:33:
+1. You used to be able to get top shelf games for $4.99. Now they rarely go lower then 7.99, even if it's 4 years old. If my backlog wasn't so big, I might bite for the deals, but everything on my wishlist never goes down much in price.

Yeah $5 is impulse purchase. More than that not so much.

I'm somewhere around a dollar. So I have my wishlist, if it goes under $2 and I don't buy it, I force myself to remove it from the wishlist.

News Comments > Asheron's Call Games Ending
3. Re: Asheron's Call Games Ending Dec 20, 2016, 20:45 HorrorScope

LOTRO & DDO:
Joining Standing Stone on these projects will be Daybreak Games.

Gulp.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 20, 2016, 14:27 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 13:44:
Now you can reach your monthly data cap in 4.44 seconds! REJOICE IN THE WONDERFUL US MOBILE MARKET!

LOL, that is the drive. The faster we can get their systems, the faster we can charge them for going over the cap. They'll blow by it before they even know. Good call here.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2016, 13:42 HorrorScope

I have to post this... this one will be a family legacy at reunions:

https://twitter.com/LOV_app/status/811104147797921793

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
58. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 19:15 HorrorScope

Who here has $0 wrapped up in Star Citizen and NMS combined?

Take a bow.

You're one of the good ones. The smart ones.

News Comments > ASTRONEER Early Access
18. Re: ASTRONEER Early Access Dec 18, 2016, 13:12 HorrorScope

Like the way this is looking, seems to need an antagonist.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
40. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 18, 2016, 01:19 HorrorScope

MrBone wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 19:38:
Trump is the next President. Deal with it and move on.

Agreed. As stated if something is there, have the experts deal with it. But there is no turning back, you can't undo this now, that would be unaccepted by the people. As a person that didn't want anyone to win, lol, the wheels are in motion. Now lets see how good or bad this man is. My bar is set at I hope he doesn't do something incredibly stupid and dangerous.

39. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 18, 2016, 01:09 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 14:41:
I admit I did not expect such a profound explanation I can not discount your point that an outsider perspective will always have a vastly different perception... but to accept it, is to admit defeat.

I look at it as accepting we are human. We can never truly measure if it is better or worse, however I don't hold onto the past as some type of better world, in fact I think we vastly over-rate it, again a circular human behavior.

I look at the current world as always better in general, people wouldn't accept something if they felt it wasn't, even if they say something against it in the now, so many advancements are glossed over with such weak thoughts. It perhaps is all a mind game and how you want to look at it and accept it. Think Tony Robbins and the power of positive thinking.

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2016, 01:20.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer
23. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer Dec 17, 2016, 17:36 HorrorScope

I'm getting confused on what really to expect from this game. I see there are some game modes, but what all links seamlessly together with the space flight/base/FPS part of it. Does that even exist any more? It seems splintered and it has confused a potential buyer. What I don't want is I can do flight as a separate thing. I can do FPS as a separate thing. I was told early on it all works together.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 17, 2016, 12:15 HorrorScope

I surrender I didn't read much of the Laugh Off article, but was wondering if this is a period we are going into. Uber is laughing off CA's demands currently about their need to apply for licenses needed. Point is, are we going to see business start thinking they can ignore and blow of gov't law? If so, interesting.

LOL fact checking tweets.

33. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 17, 2016, 11:54 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 11:19:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 10:32:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 04:38:
Until there is clear proof, I consider this "FBI/CIA Russia did it" spin fake news ;)

I wouldn't label that under fake news. That is news made by Prez, Congress, 16 agencies, it is real news. If it is all incorrect by design, that would actually be worse than fake news.

You mean a intentional misleading narrative spun with post-factual truths? Why.. I could have sworn that we saw something like this just recently......

I guess as a German, I also have the freedom to automatically assume that anything the US gov says is a lie. They've been lying about spying on us after all, they've lied when they were caught red-handed spying on Merkel, they lied about WMD's in Iraq...

See the problem is the institutions you quoted do not create faith in their words in me, they create endless doubt. ;/

Perhaps, but that isn't what is being labeled as Fake News. It is another thing, that in actuality would be worse if fabricated.

I do get your point, but perhaps try to look even deeper past the lies. The lies have been there forever, from everyone, since dawn and will continues to be, we cannot stop that. Demanding actions causes rifts. I say this because everyone ever in office has fallen victim to it, if it was a bad apple here or there I'd conclude something else, but everyone has lied to a certain level at the very least.

So I have to surrender if I were to run for office, avg joe, won, that first you and everyone else not even knowing me just assumes I'm a lying douche, it is what we do. But to me I'm still my ole self, good or bad. I know some go in with proper intentions. But something happens, imo it is seeing all the requests, hearing all the issues, looking at budgets, looking at time, looking at obligations. It consumes, it twists all. You are right they lie, but good ole you in the same place, you'd be a liar as well, but you like them would be able to justify it because of being put between a rock and a hard place a decision had to be made, you weighed and did the best you thought. So if we are all liars, we have to accept that is what the job does to the person.

So I have long ago accepted I've been lied to by my country something terrible, it isn't a maybe in my mind, it happened and still happens. But I had to dig deeper to see how I can justify this, use history as a guide. This is the way it has always been. Like kids these days. You know the stupid things we all live over and over again, person to person, generation to generation. That a person promising things becomes a trap, you can't promise and predict as well as you hope to. Like ship dates on games, some people will hold you to it, some to an extreme level, in this case it is just a game, those making games have found not promising works best, but being an official, you can't escape so easily, actions are demanded.

I also have fully embraced Heaven is not obtainable on Earth and don't even attempt to think anything close is possible. I've accepted all the warts of man, the goal now is to be a little bit better today than yesterday and that is something mans history shows we can do. We can do that. We can reach that. But we need gov't and the liars it creates to do that. It's a necessary evil, we wouldn't find we are better off without a gov't, after the deep pain created by thinking otherwise again, insert failed history lesson, a new gov't would be propped up, it will come with all the same traits as before, the broken promises, the lies, but it also gives standards we can't have otherwise, good standards, standards that are greater than the evils it creates.

It will be exactly this: "Meet the new boss, same..., King is dead, long..." sayings that are time tested and true. We'll have the same problems on the other side no matter what, the individual promises of something better will also be looked back to as just another lie, the overall results though will still be better than nothing.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2016, 12:00.

28. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 17, 2016, 10:58 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 10:52:
JediPunisher wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 23:24:
Slick wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 21:49:
[... Trump got less votes than McCain or Romney.
Not true... Official totals from CNN's website:
Hillary:65,788,583
Trump: 62,955,363
Romney: 60,771,703
McCain: 58,343,671
results from CNN:
Obama: 65,455,010
Obama: 66,882,230

While we're at it, can someone explain the meaning of LandSlide to the orange twitter troll.

He would have said that if he won by a 1/2 an electorate that is how he explains most things, all extreme. He did win by a healthy electorate, but yeah popular vote country as divided as ever and I'll be amazed he'll be the one to unify, lol.

26. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 17, 2016, 10:42 HorrorScope

I thought GW was a hoot, this guy here is the gem:

Trump being Trump...
http://tinyurl.com/z6oxhzk

Talking about some who called his supporters deplorable, right after he just called them crazy, nuts, viscous and violent. Then tells them all to mellow they've won. Without actions they want, they haven't won anything. They maybe all what you said, but they aren't that forgettable.

Or is this fake news because it is mainstream CNN and that is all CGI?

25. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 17, 2016, 10:32 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 04:38:
Until there is clear proof, I consider this "FBI/CIA Russia did it" spin fake news ;)

I wouldn't label that under fake news. That is news made by Prez, Congress, 16 agencies, it is real news. If it is all incorrect by design, that would actually be worse than fake news.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 16, 2016, 16:20 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 15:52:
boo.

after 24" FHD starts to look shitty. I have a 27" FHD, and it's pretty blocky. 1440p is well-suited for 27". 31.5" I'd say is right for a 4k screen. 1080p? boo.

Personal pref, I'm cool with 1080 at 27", others maybe not.

46. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 16, 2016, 14:49 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 14:10:
Beamer wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 12:08:
I think the other thing that bugs me is the group of people most convinced the mainstream media always lies is the same group that kept defending Fox News when people called it out circa 2005-2010.

That works the other way around too, though. There are plenty of people who believe Fox News literally is the mouth piece of the devil, while blithely swallowing everything CNN, MSNBC and HuffPo say as the absolute gospel.

Every media outlet has an agenda nowadays.

It is people.

But lets say there are 10 mainstream media's. When 8 or 9 are selling us the same thing, when measured represents a much larger base of people in whole. That in and of itself becomes a reality. So if we just start ignoring what most are doing and watching, that is societal breakdown imo.

So what is the Today show doing that is evil? You know what, they sell a lot of care every day, tips on better life, including different and all kinds, sadness for tragedy, excitement for caring, same can be said on tons of other shows that fall into the mainstream. What is wrong with that? What is Ellen, Oprah doing so wrong? They are mainstream.

So when we start calling them liars, what we want an uglier world? One that will turn out to be "if you aren't right here doing this that is deemed correct, you will be addressed promptly!" I see the mainstream even if not always right, their hearts are based on solid principals but not so much as to forcing it on us, but the gradual improvement of mankind.

I have to assume all of this it is more of an individual breaking down vs the media or society. If I saw a show that was acting like Trump and selling us that world as the new correct standard... I'd question their principals in full. I'm not accepting opposite day folks.

43. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 16, 2016, 13:44 HorrorScope

DangerDog wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 13:17:
Nobody takes this #fakenews crap seriously because the ones perpetrating it are the biggest culprits of it, mainly the so called mainstream media.

I know many people that do believe there is fake news, there are people that have told us how they make money on fake news and well to me they seem the reasonable ones since it does exist. Ignoring that means the only news is fringe extreme news, that will certainly lead to a downfall.

I've always been amazed how well it worked overall when you take it all into account. But humanity is losing its grip, too many believe the tin foil news vs the more reasonable version of it. There always have to be something deviant and hidden! Boo!!

Even if not perfect, if more of us want to believe the mainstream is wrong, the world will fall apart, be a shell of what we had. The lesson to be learned will be "You know it was far from perfect, but it was better than this new shithole we live in thinking this new "truth world" was going to be better.". The crazies will still be there once you think you fixed it, finding out they are still even more extreme then you ever were, still trying to pull you down and destroy whatever that days establishment is.

Politics will be here no matter if we tear down, it is humans communicating and making decisions for ourselves, that will never go away, ever. So do we have to tear it down, to live through that excessive pain to find out it is no better and most likely worse? There will be less winners and more losers no matter how many tries we have at it. We always need change and improvement, but to think everything we know is really the opposite, we can't afford that type of thinking, that is costly. History is yelling at us.

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2016, 13:53.

36. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 16, 2016, 11:05 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 09:26:
NKD wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 13:45:
Trump has got to be the most thin skinned piece of shit alive. He takes literally everything personally and is super vindictive.

It's sadly a common symptom for narcissistic personalities, the kind of personalities that do really well in politics....

+1's to the both of you.

6556 Comments. 328 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo