Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6997 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Review Fallout
36. Re: Fallout 4 Review Fallout Sep 21, 2017, 00:59 HorrorScope

Ranger55 wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 21:21:
There is one major problem with everyone bitching about Creation Club. It in no way prevents you from using other mods. If you don't like it, don't click on it in the menu. I currently have 98 mods loaded via Nexus Mod Manager. None of them are broken. Most are still being actively supported by their creators. Creation Club has had ZERO impact on my ability to play and enjoy a heavily modded Fallout 4.

Yup that is my point. The market will speak. If someone makes something worth money to people, it will probably need to be at very high quality level as they are competing against free content. If someone were to put in that kind of time, I'm cool if they can make a few bucks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Review Fallout
30. Re: Fallout 4 Review Fallout Sep 20, 2017, 18:40 HorrorScope

It's only a paid mod is the owner wants to sell it right?

If so, what is the argument about? That is how your world has always spinned.

I can't believe someone here is thinking someone should just do something for you for free. You have the right to not be interested in such transaction. All part of the plan.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold
29. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold Sep 19, 2017, 17:49 HorrorScope

When I start playing DOS2, I will be interested if they have cleaned up the log/what to do's.

DOS1 EE was better, but you still have way too many quest going at once, the yellow icon of "Something to do here" isn't always accurate. Plenty of "What should I be doing" moments and downtime.

I'd love DOS2 to be tighter here. I also get the point of the Drama of the Voice Acting. It makes it slow. They need something like we have for videos so you can speed it up 25%. Amazing how well you can still comprehend them... but yeah lets get a move on already.

I'm very interested to see what improvements they made, if any to dialog sharing in a Coop game. The original was poor, patches made it better, EE even better, but there was still a lot of room for improvement.

Just about done with DOS1 again, but I have all the mod content that kicks in after and they say that is like 25 hours. As others have said a couple more patches, which I knew is a thing with Larian and I'm ok with that. They can only do so much and their branching is huge.

I know there are inventory improvements, interested in seeing those. Having a skill bar with 30 choices on it is good. TB, you want the UI to be smooth and quick, to pick your move and go.

Playing DOS1 coop right now... they needed a timer option per player, damn does it get slow sometimes playing together.It's like a Peter Jennings trip, "hmmm maybe I should do this, what do you think?" If they had say a 10 second move clock option, there is no delay... just do. I was playing SP player right before coop, the flow is a lot lot slower coop, questioning really which way I like it better and I'm a huge coop guy.

News Comments > Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer
15. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 20:01 HorrorScope

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 15:01:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 14:15:
I'm not sure what stupidity has to do with it.

The fact that f2p, drm, steam and mmo's even exist means people are tech illiterate.

In the 90's we had dedicated servers and fully controlled videogame software, it's fucking awful that f2p games even exist. Because these games won't be preserved for posterity and you can't mod them because now game company have full control of game software.

The whole "software as a service" model was a big scam to get games out of gamers hands, there's a huge downside - we get stuck with the developers vision of what a game is.

But I sit here knowing I'm living the best gaming time of my life, right here, right now.

I'm a paying customer so DRM while unfortunate, it hasn't got in my way from enjoying. Mileage could vary, but just be honest about it.

In the survival genre, dedicated services are back with full control and some other groups of games to.

But we live in a capitalistic world, they have a choice to make what they like and we have a choice to buy it or not, full stop, that is how it works. How I look at it is they can do whatever they want, if it breaks some rule of mine, I know somewhere enough of the other 1000 devs will have an alternative option for my entertainment time and money.

Your list is a total pull string for what 10+ years now? It is what it is, I've adopted, it isn't all going back to shareware, no dlc, no login authenticate, no micro etc and with that, I still feel this is the best time of gaming yet. So I can't just bring myself down to your level in this, sorry.

Why can't people that like Warframe just be let alone for liking it and not being looked at as part of some bigger problem you have?

13. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 14:15 HorrorScope

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 13:52:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 12:38:
They surely can afford it now, but probably do this in their meetings.... We are making money hand over... why do we need to create a single player campaign experience? We've already found our audience that loves what we've actually made.

I'm fully aware of how these companies worked, the average gamer is much too stupid for companies to give too much of a rats ass about quality.

I'm not sure what stupidity has to do with it. Many people love the game they made and why not just ride that wave as a developer? To me you are injecting your opinion over top tons of people that have a different appreciation for this game.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
18. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 17, 2017, 12:55 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Sep 16, 2017, 23:37:
Thanks for the Android adblocker recommendations, guys!

Yep thanks. I next to never use my phone for browsing the open internet. But the wife does and once in a while I do get stuck doing it (Rule for playing uno while drinking) and my god the ads on a phone was crazy maddening, size to screen ration maddening stuff. No wonder the world is going crazy and I'm sitting here trying to figure out why.

I was over a freinds this week, doing some pc work for him. Noticed he didn't have any type of ad-blocker on his chrome browser. I said, you watch youtube right? Yes. You get commercials on it? Yes. I said, you no longer will and you owe me big, you just don't know it yet, but you'll quickly get it.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 17, 2017, 12:49 HorrorScope

Great line, we've heard variations of this for years, but I like how this one rolls.

Musk should be pleased, the impeding take-over is delayed. My 2 cents on the doom side of AI takeover, is we won't get there because the black market/hacker will use these advanced algorithms well before "self-aware" happens and they'll use this technology to create financial destruction to the matrix to the point mankind we'll see the flaws of computer technology and how it cannot be harnessed, this reckoning will certainly happen first and certainly happen. We see shades of this weekly, they getting these stronger tools in their hands... yup.

11. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 12:40 HorrorScope

Angrius Maximis wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 05:32:
PC gamers poor mans Destiny. Luckily a real came will be out in October to show them how its done. Destiny 2!

Well then I welcome that, we'll see.

10. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 12:39 HorrorScope

Asmodai wrote on Sep 16, 2017, 21:41:
Warframe has all the right components, good mechanics (both shooting and moving), reasonably easy to play free, great co-op etc, it just doesn't tie it all together well in to an experience.

Yes. Does this new expansion bring something more to the tie it all together? I thought is was.

9. Re: Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 12:38 HorrorScope

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 16, 2017, 19:21:
It's still pretty much the same game, aka DE injects new content, people flock to it then get bored in an endless cycle. The reality is if they'd just make a full single player campaign they could have a good game on par with mass effect but the reality is they don't want to spend the money and I doubt their team has the talent to really take it to the next level.

They surely can afford it now, but probably do this in their meetings.... We are making money hand over... why do we need to create a single player campaign experience? We've already found our audience that loves what we've actually made.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 15, 2017, 20:25 HorrorScope

How many Win10's are out there and that is how many Edge users there are at some level from 1 to 100. I do find it blistering fast, but still use trusty Firefox 64 w/addons.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 14, 2017, 12:09 HorrorScope

Tries to be less a dick and it just can't happen.... so here he knows pc gamers can get ball park #'s and they are poor. So he tells us how well PS4 is doing, because we can't check. How Ps4 players just play, PC gamers like a bit more tear-down and drama:

the current player count on PC is reportedly 0, with a peak concurrent player figure of 218 over the past 24 hours; it had an all-time peak of 7,482 players, according to Steamcharts. These numbers may not be entirely accurate, but it is clear that player figures are low on PC. The PS4 edition is "doing fine," Bleszinski said. The console and PC communities have different mindsets when it comes to judging success, the developer said.

"There is a situation where players look at numbers on Steam; that doesn't happen on PlayStation 4. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but you look at PC, [concurrent user] health versus PS4, PS4 is doing fine," he said. "People cough up 30 bucks and hop online and they don't overthink it. On PC there is you wanting to declare something a success or a bomb by this internet culture that loves to just observe things.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer
11. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Sep 13, 2017, 22:11 HorrorScope

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 11:40:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 11:11:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 10:59:
Just started playing through Divinity Original Sin in anticipation of this one.

Release is in 25 hours give or take

Yeah I figure it'll take me a couple weeks to finish the first so by that time the hot fix patches will probably be into play.

Same, like Larian a lot, but they usually need a little extra work on release to shore things up and like Cd Project... they'll keep working on it to the point there is an advanced version. Similar approaches.

News Comments > On Windows 10 Game Stuttering
15. Re: On Windows 10 Game Stuttering Sep 11, 2017, 18:09 HorrorScope

Evil Timmy wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 15:50:
Steam Support has in-app and registry-based solutions for turning the Xbox DVR off. Disabling Windows Updates like Mashiki suggested should only be a last resort as it's a big security issue. "Microsoft cares about PC gamers" is basically the trickle-down economics of the tech world.

All this stuff is a mind fuck.

It's a big security risk? I think I'm having much more problems with companies fumbling my data around on their end, then I have security issues on mine.

Face it we are naked in a helpless ocean of data.

One person has an issue and they think that is normal for many.

Some have stuttering, doesn't mean all.

The best news is they are addressing it, good.

I reckon those that don't have Win10 think there is some type of hassle and issue after issue bedeviling it's users. I was golden with 7 and just as golden with 10. Pretty much the same thing day in and out.

Yup, I don't have the stutter, yep I didn't have the USB issue someone had here. I didn't have the sleep issue another did. But there is also a person out there with a stuttering issue with their Win7, a usb issue with their Win7 and sleep issue with their Win7.

I get what you are really fighting about and that is... you think we are being data mined more with Win10 than Win7 and a little more heavy handed upgrading practices, that's about it. But again we are naked in a digital world and whatever you think is sacred about your data... you've given that up voluntarily or involuntarily a long time ago. I sleep at night knowing any shenanigans like that, I've had no problem getting problems reversed, good, otherwise this would be a nightmare.

News Comments > First Emotion Processing Unit Launches
11. Re: First Emotion Processing Unit Launches Sep 11, 2017, 17:57 HorrorScope

And again the anger/doubt responses, thanks Eraser for more details, from the site:

"The EPU is based on Patrick Levy-Rosenthalís Psychobiotic Evolutionary Theory extending the Ekmanís theory by using not only twelve primary emotions identified in the psycho-evolutionary theory but also pain / pleasure and frustration / satisfaction. The groundbreaking EPU algorithms effectively enable machines to respond to stimuli in line with one of the twelve primary emotions: anger, fear, sadness, disgust, indifference, regret, surprise, anticipation, trust, confidence, desire and joy. The Emotion recognition classifiers achieve up to 94 percent accuracy on conversation."

I think we sort of expect R&D on things like this behind the scenes. They are bringing a product to the market, they feel they have something worth selling, cool lets see it. If it has value it will survive in some form, Nvidia could buy the tech. If not, then the market spoke for now. But I would like to think games or not, we want computers of the future to be able to understand not only voice but the emotion behind it. It isn't like I'm going to find my wallet $100 short from being swindled, I'll do my propers before I ever make a purchase on a EPU. So if someone wants to take the entrepreneurial risk, thumbs up here.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
13. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 10, 2017, 20:57 HorrorScope

Sure it's slowing down overall, but this last gen was a big jump.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Microtransactions?
37. Re: Destiny 2 Microtransactions? Sep 5, 2017, 22:52 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 15:29:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2017, 17:29:
You pay full price, and then all the good stuff is available for purchase. Welcome to gaming in 2017.

Vote with your wallet. The more people keep buying shit like this, the more publishers jizz all over themselves and keep doing it.

And we know that isn't really going to change anything. It is what it is, back to your first sentence.

News Comments > Labor Day Tech Bits
10. Re: Labor Day Tech Bits Sep 5, 2017, 12:07 HorrorScope

mag wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 00:17:
Elon Musk thinks AI will be the cause of World War III

Not if Trump has anything to say about it.

No shit, he should put dibs on WW4.

30. Re: Destiny 2 Microtransactions? Sep 5, 2017, 12:06 HorrorScope

necrosis wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 08:49:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2017, 17:29:
You pay full price, and then all the good stuff is available for purchase. Welcome to gaming in 2017.
Welcome to gaming for the last ~8 years.

The only thing different is we get no good stuff at all without paying extra, per source. That's different.

29. Re: Destiny 2 Microtransactions? Sep 5, 2017, 12:05 HorrorScope

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 07:02:
Idiots will buy the game anyway. Only way to end the micro transactions is by no one buying it or any game with these transactions. It's easy to get rid of this practice, but most people are just stupid and will buy it.

Then I guess it isn't easy.

6997 Comments. 350 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo