Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7495 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Patches
7. Re: Morning Patches Jun 25, 2018, 18:49 HorrorScope

DangerDog wrote on Jun 25, 2018, 14:31:
Modders lead the way in fixing Fallout yet again.

Seems like a sarcastic mod.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Jun 23, 2018, 15:05 HorrorScope

I still found 8 good one's some under $5 a few coop'ers in the $15 range. Those that are holding tight, I'll see you someday, no worries, got more games than time by far.  

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Plans?
9. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Plans? Jun 22, 2018, 15:38 HorrorScope

SlimRam wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 15:02:
Guys this's CLASSIC Rockstar marketing at its finest! NEVER revel you're intent to release on PC until AFTER you sell the console version. Geez, haven't you guys learnt this by now?

They still run and hide when someone says "Piracy!"

News Comments > PUBG Celebrates 400M Players with Sale & Event Pass Plans
19. Re: PUBG Celebrates 400M Players with Sale & Event Pass Plans Jun 20, 2018, 20:22 HorrorScope

350 million is supposedly ftp mobile version.  

News Comments > Space Invaders Extreme Demo
1. Re: Space Invaders Extreme Demo Jun 15, 2018, 12:20 HorrorScope

Just played the demo, really going with that ultra-low pixel count? I get retro but that is just too juvenile. Also plays a lot like an I-win game and not like original in that way. Fairly disappointed that they felt this was what we'd want in a SI extreme.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2018, 12:59.

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
48. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 14, 2018, 18:04 HorrorScope

Overon wrote on Jun 14, 2018, 17:54:
Phil Spencer is a bullshitter. How many times has he said this? Why doesn't someone in the bullshit games media call him out on this?

Didn't they a couple years back get nasty with him about it? I seem to vaguely remember some heated exchanges for a few days coming out of conference.

47. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 14, 2018, 18:01 HorrorScope

Rhett wrote on Jun 14, 2018, 17:35:
I recently got an Xbox Game Pass trial recently since it was $1/free trial, to try State of Decay 2 (and play Sea of Thieves, because I wouldn't buy it atm)...

The loops we had to jump through just to play a simple multiplayer game of State of Decay 2 was staggeringly ridiculous. Had to go into the command prompt to disable the Teredo adapter, open ports, enable the windows firewall (ENABLE it... not just allow the game, or disable my firewall, but ENABLE another firewall), restart the computer etc.

Mind you, five different people had to do this or had different problems. Every single person had to do, adjust, or fix something related to the network just to either connect to someone else, or host.

Every experience I've had with the Xbox app and the Microsoft Store app has been abysmal and hilariously underwhelming. State of Decay 2, even, is the single buggiest game I've played in years. And it wasn't even early access! At least it's only $30, and it's... playable... to say the least.

I sincerely hope they take a long, hard look at this garbage because I'm seeing more and more people pissed off at MS on PC.

Edit: Also tried Gears of War 4 again (bought it early on), and it's still just filled to the brim with lootboxes.. I thought people were up in arms about that from the start? And you have to buy every map individually for $5 a piece?!

I hate you for being so descriptive, Games for Windows Live syndrome is rising up within me again!

46. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 14, 2018, 17:57 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Jun 14, 2018, 15:12:
If you're referring to the MS store, it's embedded, and very limiting. I bought 2 games from it, and for the life of me I can't figure out where the fuck they are if I delete my desktop shortcut. There doesn't seem to be a "my library" section, I have to search for it like I'm using the android play store then try installing and it's like: "OH WAIT! you totally have this game! nice!" It's garbage.

But I wouldn't count them out, they have unlimited resources, and an unlimited timeline. There's no good reason why they won't turn it into the "app store" equivalent eventually.

Speaking of apps. IMO that's their biggest missed oppertunity. There's so much software sold on PC, and I have to make a new account for each company. just for plug-ins, audio, video, productivity etc. There's no central hub where all that lives like on iOS or Android. If MS was smart and just charged developers a reasonable 5% fee on gross, then they'd take that shit over in no time. And I'd actually be happy to see that happen. No reason I have to make a new account to buy some random whatever from some boutique VST plug-in developer. It's honestly easier to torrent it. That's a problem you'd think devs and consumers would be happy to have fixed.

This is a much fairer reply. You acknowledge it needs work, a decades old theme to MS store fronts on the PC. It's like they must put 2 jr programmers on the project, then tells those at conferences, "We are really focused this time". Same two juniors.

As for time and money, yes they do have that, but at the core they need to realize what the market wants and deliver it.

One person did share a good reason, cheating is harder. Good, there's one thing with what they have, everything else isn't close to the best. There was then a nice descriptive post talking about how they do their own networking thing. I was thinking, well can't they make the standard game run on regular Win32 and still use their own network protocol? But then sad realities came in with another talking about how hard it is to get connected with others and it is probably all around their own network thing. So a mixture still probably brings too many problems with it.

Then you talk about long term how they could take over, I'd be very ok with this if I really could trust them to do the right thing. Lets say they were reasonably priced to publish on and carried the savings to the people. Once they had the market, could we trust them to stay reasonable overall? I don't know.

They missed having the control those other platforms have (Apple/Android). What they can and should have continued to embrace as a selling point was openness, openness, openness. That is what made windows what it is.

The only way I get inline is perfection in execution and amazing price/performance ratio of the products. I really don't need another store front, so you have to give me the unquestionable best overall. They aren't even close right now.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2018, 18:09.

44. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 14, 2018, 17:45 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jun 14, 2018, 14:59:
Slick, you're the one missing the point here. Phil has said this how many times now? Half a dozen or so over the last decade or so? Every couple of years he trots this exact same shit out. How they've dropped the ball but this time they're really gonna' make it work finally! Yeah, this is the one. This time it's really gonna' happen!

Right as best now this mother fucker needs to shut up, deliver and let the product do the talking if and when it gets good. He is a liar in the words he has spoken on the pc end, when do you trust a liar? He's now a terrible face to have on the pc front, when I see him and I doubt I'm alone, here comes Mr. Blah Blah, promising and under delivering, have to assume those that interview him feel the same.

43. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 14, 2018, 17:38 HorrorScope

I missed the point, comment removed.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2018, 18:02.

20. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 14, 2018, 13:20 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Jun 14, 2018, 13:01:
I don't know what you guys are complaining about, what he said is actually right on the money, the only shame is that it's taken them so long to realise this.

Oh so you trust his words this time? Interesting. Perhaps one day he'll deliver, but I can't get behind his blah blah, he's come up short almost every single time.

Yes they have a right to do what they want and continue to do so. We can still add our own 2 if need be. As for the store, yeah I think everyone has a fair right to do what they want there, since Steam at least charges a high mark up, unsure about others. But their store is too embedded and limiting overall, no?

19. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 14, 2018, 13:19 HorrorScope

Kxmode wrote on Jun 14, 2018, 12:10:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 14, 2018, 11:39:
How many chances does this guy get? How many?

As many as they want. It's their world (platform). We just play on it.

Everyone answers if not owner. I don't see why they don't see the damage he has done over the years.

11. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 14, 2018, 11:57 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Jun 14, 2018, 11:45:
What's the difference between UPlay and Microsoft's store? Honest question. I'm familiar with UPlay, not with Microsoft's. They seem more or less the same to me.

UWP requirement and how it walls itself in and from mods/other apps that you want to work closely with those games.

It is part of the O/S as it sits vs an app that doesn't. Always there, auto-changes sometimes on updates, just another level of Big Brother.

These are the main reasons now from Win10 owners you read about the platform. I'm sure we've all read "Win10 Store? No-Buy." latest example State of Decay, it because of these things mostly. Leaving Win7 owners out of it, that is the #1 complaint, they are locked out of the Store and even moreso DX12, 'cause, just 'cause. We aren't adopting it and hence why Phil says what he does. It isn't happening at the scale they want. Same ole MS.

7. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 14, 2018, 11:43 HorrorScope

<Electric-Spock> wrote on Jun 14, 2018, 11:29:
Here is an idea... Make a game that PC players want to actually play and they will flock to your app and store. Boom....

To me that isn't it, they need to drop Win10 exclusivity for no good reason and their walled digital platform. They need to act like steam/battlenet/origin/ubi. They can have their front end, but it needs to be open. AND IT NOT SUCK, which that will take time to get trust in, some people are still in intensive care from Windows Live. To me that is what I'm hearing from the internet. There's some games there I'm at the least mildly interested in. My guess is they are abandoning again for the most part as they're starting to feel better about the XBox sales again, fine not need anyway.

6. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 14, 2018, 11:39 HorrorScope

How many chances does this guy get? How many?

We get you want to wall the garden, but that isn't how it works here, never has. You aren't appple and this isn't a console. Can't you just do the right thing and fit to platform? I don't miss your content, plenty out there. I would be more interested if you didn't artificially make it exclusive to your walled garden, that's for sure.

Thanks for the O/S.

News Comments > Steam Ending Windows XP and Vista Support
23. Re: Steam Ending Windows XP and Vista Support Jun 13, 2018, 10:30 HorrorScope

Those pointing towards GOG. It is just a matter of time there as well.  

News Comments > Overhauled Steam Chat Open Beta
2. Re: Overhauled Steam Chat Open Beta Jun 12, 2018, 16:11 HorrorScope

Steam did miss the boat, like MS missing a Digital Marketplace early on. Steam could catch up though or just buy Discord.

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2018, 22:39.

News Comments > Dying Light 2 Announced
18. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 21:03 HorrorScope

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 16:19:
My biggest let down in regards to DL is that the modding community doesn't feel that great. At all. I was really hoping that once given the tools it would really open up further potential but most of what's released is just awful.

That and the QTE they snuck it at the end. Totally needless.

Looking forward to this though. Chris Avellone is working on the story so that could definitely iron one of the short comings of the first.

Yeah they don't really support modding for DL, but if they listen to the based, DL2 can improve here greatly.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser
6. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 11, 2018, 20:49 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 20:17:
Pre-production... probably a new engine...

How many times has that been said? Believe it when it is reported.

News Comments > Prey: Mooncrash Released
8. Re: Prey: Mooncrash Released Jun 11, 2018, 11:10 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 01:19:
If there's any significant amount of story content in this rogue-lite challenge mode, they certainly didn't make that clear in the trailer. What they did get across pretty well is that you won't be taking your sweet time to explore, reading emails and using stealth, it's all about fast-paced, non-stop action. They literally describe it as a "mad dash to escape."

I won't be paying $20 for this and PVP multiplayer, that's for sure. I will most likely replay the base game sometime in survival mode and check out NG+, though (those are the features of the free update).

It was presented that way, but that could also be to make it pop-out more in a presser. We could fall back to Elite Dangerous's Trailer, lol. All action in the trailer, warm comfortable space miles in the realz. I am interested if this is now an action/rouge in the universe or if stealth does play a big role. I'd say open question at this time, but your eyes didn't deceive.

7495 Comments. 375 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo