Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6319 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 28, 2016, 23:19 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 18:08:
Rigs wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 17:26:
Hmmm, soon you'll have to take out a mortgage just for a phone...or a 52-month loan like on a car! Fucking ridiculous!

=-Rigs-=

No one is forcing anyone to make those vanity purchases. I paid $150'ish bucks for a work phone - a tough phone thast's waterproof and shatterproof - 6'ish years ago and I still use it today as it works just fine for what it's supposed to do.

Same with games or dlc for games. Choose wisely.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
8. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Nov 28, 2016, 23:03 HorrorScope

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 22:15:
Folding@home still broken, OBS still broken, many are reporting performance drops in BF1, and myself, a $1,000 1080 owner, is wondering why I wasted my money.

I didn't upgrade, lost nothing since I'll I hear is the next driver sucks. Running NVIDIA Driver 1.0, bliss.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
21. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 27, 2016, 20:58 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 27, 2016, 15:10:
Admitting being wrong is often seen as a loss nowadays.. sadly.

Was it really ever in vogue? I don't recall a time where people overwhelmingly accepted being wrong in opinion, we've been stubborn forever.

7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 27, 2016, 13:19 HorrorScope

Zanthar wrote on Nov 27, 2016, 12:44:
Fake news about fake news. Fake news was not fake news when the fake Dan Rather or the fake Brian Williams were fired or the face CNN handed out debate questions to the fake Hillary.

This is why sane people abandon the democrats and become independent.

The other side isn't any different in this regards at all, I've always been independent fwiw. But I do feel there has been a definite uptick of a lot more fake news sites/articles than ever. If anyone has a Facebook account, you'd see that near daily. Prior to this I have had a hard time with really feeling concrete on news given to me, now with this, really how does anyone really think they know on so many subjects these days? They don't, but god damn if many aren't certain of it. It's all purposeful muddied waters. It's terrible really, but also reality.

2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 27, 2016, 12:10 HorrorScope

Right, if true I'd like to hear a lot more about this from several real sources.  

News Comments > Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence
35. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 27, 2016, 10:48 HorrorScope

Rigs wrote on Nov 27, 2016, 04:21:
But they're sticking with NMS and are trying to make it a better game. And yet, they're called out for it?! You just can't be happy with anything! It's was a botched launch. Fine. We get it. I paid $60 (which would have been better used fixing the transmission in my car) just like the rest of you.
=-Rigs-=

I didn't buy it, anyone who could have waited just a few days would have known to back off. I call them out to a level that I feel they have what seems like a dead product now, perhaps they don't, like I said, fine go do what you want Hello Games, makes no difference to me.

26. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 27, 2016, 00:07 HorrorScope

Sempai wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 21:34:
Prez wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 17:56:
I never really get the "too little too late" comments that get thrown around whenever a dev tries to update a game that wasn't what it should have been at launch. If you paid $60 for the game, isn't developer support post launch a good thing?

Spot on.

Anonymous internet rage and ignorance.

It depends on the situation, this game was far from norm and has an unhappy/abandoned gaming base. They can go right ahead and pour time and money into it.

News Comments > Black Friday Safety Dance
34. Re: Black Friday Safety Dance Nov 26, 2016, 19:41 HorrorScope

To NKD thank you. Leaving out voting and needing an ID, I like to make point that at face value so many things seem simple and we make a quick statement as we are so certain of ourselves. HOWEVER if you were in position to listen to all sides and make an informed decision that has some grace and consideration to it, it becomes a lot more complicated. Your first off the cuff thoughts you will realize were pretty damn quick and shallow on several topics. That is why a certain person now gets support from certain people, they all underestimate how difficult this all is, they can do better, they always think this, everything is black and white.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 26, 2016, 12:23 HorrorScope

Ok that one with Wells Fargo takes the cake. Jerkpot winner. KEEhrist!  

4. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 26, 2016, 12:20 HorrorScope

They'd be better off just starting on NMS 2 and make it everything it has to be. Even though you have ticked off players, if you were to ever deliver something close to the vision, people will get over it and buy it.

So all these free patches (or not free) that bring you little to no dollars to a game gone sideways is a poor business decision.

Perhaps even fold the company, make a new one, put in a little turnover to make it sound like a new shinny day and either work on NMS2 or use the engine to make something still similar but much more developed. It seems to me too much damage has been done here.

News Comments > HTC Calls for VR Cooperation
16. Re: HTC Calls for VR Cooperation Nov 26, 2016, 01:33 HorrorScope

At MS Store you can get a Vive with a $100 gift card for $700. Better.  

News Comments > Thanksgiving Metaverse
21. Re: Thanksgiving Metaverse Nov 25, 2016, 13:04 HorrorScope

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 11:31:
LiTh wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 09:06:
The trolls got trolled and now they're crying bloody murder about it. I find it very amusing.

Except that's not the case. Just think, what the CEO has done has turned around and made sure that Reddit is now no longer covered under the Safe Harbor provisions. Enjoy that gigantic bowl of worms to start with. Now think a bit deeper. Can you prove that a persons comment was actually their comment? In let's say...hate speech? Nope. Incitement for terrorism? Nope. Now they've introduced a strong point of doubt, because the administration has shown they can edit and leave no evidence of tampering.

How about all that subpenaed information? Same deal. And we're just getting started. That's what his little temper tantrum has put into motion. Oh yes, it's very amusing. Not so much for the CEO, or what their engineers are going to have to do in order to fix this. Or that he's just nuked his(and the sites) credibility from orbit. I'm guessing 2 years from now? This will be the action that led to reddit's death.

That's not even touching on other subs, like SRS, circlebroke and so on which routinely engage in rule breaking from doxing to harassment to brigading. But they seem to want to go after T_D for whatever reason. Or the massive amounts of censorship in worldnews, politics, and so on. Especially if you're engaging in wrong-think.

I doubt it. I use Reddit almost exclusively for subjects that don't even need to be censored. There are 100's of thousands of sub-reddits that move along just fine. If a few get twisted over this and go to Voat to keep it alive, so be it. Who in their right mind would want to be associated in any way with this drivel? Anything that is on the fringe of Reddit if it was gone... I wouldn't even know it.

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2016, 13:40.

News Comments > HTC Calls for VR Cooperation
13. Re: HTC Calls for VR Cooperation Nov 25, 2016, 12:56 HorrorScope

Bumpy wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 05:49:
Like 3D tv, VR will never become mass popular and it eventually die except for the hardened niche fans. VR is just too cumbersome and expensive.

I think Vive already knows this which is why they are trying to get all the VR manufactures to pull together for a better chance.

To your last part, yes they need to be united, but beyond that they need to think consumer electronics and how you make something a thing. Have we heard of a cheaper version of the main 2 yet? A next version of the main 2 yet? To me this is a big problem, if they think they can parade those things at that price for years, it will stay small. That isn't how you make something mass or create excitement.

There are already games out there imo that are killer, I have more patience than money so I sit on the sideline for a cheaper but better version 2.0's and nothing. If it were to die, I would pick up a set though, between racing and space that is enough for me for the rest of life and there still is much more out there than that.

14. Re: Thanksgiving Metaverse Nov 25, 2016, 00:45 HorrorScope

NicklePop wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 23:31:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 22:15:
NKD wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 20:55:
The core of American conservatism is the desire to return to an idealized imaginary America that never actually existed. At the core, their ideas are at odds with reality. Hence the saying "reality has a well known liberal bias."

That seems to fit a good number of those I know.

What I'd love to see is Reddit just kill the_donald. Oh the shit storm that would ensue!

Literals ... lol.

Everything you guys say is hypocrisy.

Conservatives too, sure.

Sure it doesn't fit all, but yeah I know a few conservatives that want the good old days and think they can get 330 million on board with "common-sense" ideals and policies, which I try to tell them those common-sense things are their opinions. If they won't get on-board than something has to happen to them. Oh well.

12. Re: Thanksgiving Metaverse Nov 24, 2016, 22:15 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 18:58:
I was going to ask how that motherfucker isn't being busted because surely some of what he's doing must be outright illegal, than I remembered Faux News does that all day every day too and they're still around.

Yep.

11. Re: Thanksgiving Metaverse Nov 24, 2016, 22:15 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 20:55:
The core of American conservatism is the desire to return to an idealized imaginary America that never actually existed. At the core, their ideas are at odds with reality. Hence the saying "reality has a well known liberal bias."

That seems to fit a good number of those I know.

What I'd love to see is Reddit just kill the_donald. Oh the shit storm that would ensue!

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 24, 2016, 14:41 HorrorScope

Interesting I know the man who has some patents just for this and if you knew him you'd be amazed, it is basically some random old man who isn't even technical, but for some reason picked this idea and has followed through. He has his own small business that has nothing to do with tech, but he's out of office quite often in the automotive industry pushing the idea, working with them etc. It would be something if this pays off big for him.

His idea is the phone wouldn't work in the drivers section of the car, but elsewhere in the car. He knows you can't just have it not work the car at all, that wouldn't fly.

I have no problem it not working in the cockpit, but I do have my phone mounted as a GPS system and recording occasionally, I'd be pretty pissed losing that.

2. Re: Thanksgiving Metaverse Nov 24, 2016, 14:37 HorrorScope

Is there an example of what an original post looks like and one he modified? I'd be interested looking it over.  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
36. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 14:04 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 13:26:
My feeling is that Steam in the past was able to negotiate a 2 tier pricing structure: a regular sale price, and then a super sale price for flash sales. Now it's just one price, and less off than in the past.

I get the gripe, but we know why it is and having that option is good all year long. We all have plenty of games. We are paying way less on avg for our games then we did in the past. There is still plenty of solid deals. Question, when do you think we'll not mention "Man I really liked the ole Steam Flash Sales?"

As for the new UI, some pluses and minuses but the main recommendation square I get right in my face, hate it. I want new games there like it was. They don't rotate what they think I may like day to day, so I have to "Unintrested" forever as it goes through a list of games it thinks I want and usually not new stuff. Shit they'll pull stuff 10 years old in it regularly. Boo.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
35. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 14:00 HorrorScope

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 11:57:
I think I'll give Cities Skylines a try, for 8 bucks even if it isn't great I won't mind too much.

Even if it isn't great? Perhaps you may not like it, but it's been a home run for the genre in general.

6319 Comments. 316 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo