Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6438 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
23. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 21:29 HorrorScope

I agree Fake News sucks, but he still believes Pizzagate, which is about the opposite of this, Reps making shit up of Dems. He still believes in Pizzagate because no one personally showed him an official document stamped by Dr. Seuss stating it was fiction.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Conan Exiles Server and Mod Support Details
8. Re: Conan Exiles Server and Mod Support Details Jan 13, 2017, 21:25 HorrorScope

Paranoid Jack wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 15:16:
I'm curious to see what the price of entry will be. It sounds good, no doubt.

Same. Also interested to see how much game they have in it, sort of make it sounds like everything they've talked about is in game now.

News Comments > Conan Exiles PC Requirements
2. Re: Conan Exiles PC Requirements Jan 13, 2017, 00:43 HorrorScope

nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 or AMD equivalent.

In this case it means nothing at all.

News Comments > Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support
61. Re: Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support Jan 12, 2017, 15:39 HorrorScope

Redmask wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 06:08:
You can disable the Windows Update service if you mistrust Microsoft so much. But then why are you using their products at all?

Don't trust Microsoft enough to update Windows 10 but do trust them to update Windows XP or Windows 7? Makes no sense, total hypocrisy. They use a new update process and fired most of their old support people who vetted this stuff. We get faster updates now but sometimes they have problems. That's really the tradeoff people should be talking about.

If so many people here hate Microsoft and Windows there are other options, go ahead and use them. Or buy a console if the odd update causing an issue is such a big deal. This shit is a joke, one crappy Windows Update?! Hah I used to have to get my games sound config running by hand and deal with physical DRM. We've got it easy.

Right. Like I don't upgrade Nvidia drivers day one, buy a game day one, I don't upgrade my O/S day one, in fact I've shut off automatic updates many years back and control them. Honestly I thought the PC know how at Blue's was way higher than it shows sometimes.

60. Re: Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support Jan 12, 2017, 15:35 HorrorScope

KilrathiAce wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 03:13:
With windows 10 and its updates MS does not listen to customers and instead force the updates on you.

Incorrect, you can stop it. Shutoff Bits and Update services in the services screen. Done. Does their new dummy screens allow you to stop it NO. But only dummies should be using those screens, the ole Control Panel still exists. Admin Tools still exists. Services listing still exists. Disable services still exists.

59. Re: Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support Jan 12, 2017, 15:32 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 00:11:
Quboid wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 00:02:
Does it affect 3D games on multi-monitor systems, or does it affect 3D games that use more than one monitor? "Multi-monitor support in some games" implies that this is only an issue when a 3D application is using multiple monitors but the article is too busy belabouring the point about forced updates to actually discuss this.

Note, it's not just games. 3D rendering apps. Likely meaning that if I don't cut this fucking 'update' off at the ass tomorrow, all my engineers at work (who use AutoDesk on 2-3-4 monitors) are probably going to be shit out of fucking luck.

Business IT should not have it on auto-update.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 10, 2017, 23:57 HorrorScope

Bundy wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 17:07:
I'd much rather have access to traverse my whole house in a VR game than a better looking game but be stuck within a small room.

Depends on the game.

Pokemon Go... I rather have the whole country to rummage around in vs having to sit in my chair. Sounds good, but different genre's and energy levels.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 10, 2017, 16:21 HorrorScope

Shows around a 10'ish FPS increase over a 1080.  

News Comments > New Steam User Record
6. Re: New Steam User Record Jan 9, 2017, 12:02 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 03:02:
Rigs wrote on Jan 8, 2017, 22:05:
I dunno, seems a little bullshitty to me. It's a Sunday afternoon during playoff football season. I just don't see it happening. Then again, it's cold AF outside, so... Whatever

=-Rigs-=

Maybe it's the rapture.

Maybe it's China. China. CHINA. china. cHiNa. CHiNA!

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
17. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 8, 2017, 18:18 HorrorScope

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 8, 2017, 17:36:
I knew about Trump's tweets concerning Schwarzenegger, but I hadn't seen Schwarzenegger's response -- very classy. Arnold's right -- and for those who didn't read it, Arnold quotes part an Abraham Lincoln inaugural address:

"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature."

I pretty much think Trump is a twerp, but starting 20 Jan, he will be POTUS -- we need to do what we can to help the country despite our personal feelings.

Here's how I'll be helping the country:
Staying out of trouble.
Producing at my job.
Consuming for the economy.

14. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 8, 2017, 11:25 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Jan 8, 2017, 10:19:
I used to think like you, but at work, we had a choice of IE7 or Chrome. I used IE7 for all things Google, and Chrome for everything else.

IE7? Well that isn't even really fair.

8. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 7, 2017, 18:03 HorrorScope

Dacote wrote on Jan 7, 2017, 12:23:
Edge is a flop, chrome is a hog, hopefully firefox will improve.

Are you struggling with browsers or what?

I doubt I'll move any time soon from Firefox due to addons/protections. Edge is fast though.

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Jan 7, 2017, 15:59 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jan 7, 2017, 01:16:
Paid revenue flat. Wow. That's a big change from just two years ago (IIRC), when it was still growing 30% year over year over year.

Too many other digital storefronts constantly undercutting Steam, lackluster sales and nothing but endless page after endless page of garbage shit games, and the Steam machine has finally ground to a halt.

Valve better start paying attention, and, I dunno, maybe have some dude roll his fucking desk over and make some changes.

Since they aren't publicly held and still making a killer profit I'm sure, they don't have to care or answer to anyone. Big dif when you're a private company.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2017, 02:11 HorrorScope

Yep Raiders are done. How about Chiefs vs Falcons?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 6, 2017, 22:23 HorrorScope

He showed us! Celebrity Apprentice ratings are down, he was better.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Trailer
18. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 19:44 HorrorScope

Xero wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 19:41:
I don't know, this game looks like it's 7 years too late or 7 years too old.

For survival games this is near the tops in looks imo.

17. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 19:44 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 18:13:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 17:57:
Timmeh wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 16:59:
I don't know..

a game that promotes slavery...

felt kind of sick in my stomach watching that part.

Yep, shit just jumped the shark.

Don't feed the trolls, brah. Slavery. Yeah, and he's one of the Trump loving clowns that support Andy Puzzler who's all for real-life slavery.

Yep that one was my bad...

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin
40. Re: Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin Jan 6, 2017, 19:42 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 15:57:
HorrorScope, reasonable reply from a reasonable (wo)man, how dare you!

I just think that culturally it's a bit odd that Gamers are obsessed with the publishers and storefronts. I've never heard of anyone uttering the words:

"Brah, I don't ever go to see LionsGate or Paramount films, they're pretty evil"

"Dood, we don't go to Cineplex Cinemas, don't you know they're an evil corporation? They'll never trick me into seeing a movie there."

I think that more scientific study needs to be devoted to this, fuck learning about fast radio bursts, let's figure out what's happening with humans on message boards.

Also, If I were to extend my often-used analogy, I'd say that Origin isn't so much a Fry's, as a Juicy Couture. The point being that Fry's is just like walmart, it sells things from many different brands, and barely has any in-house products. Juicy Couture on the other hand, their stores only sell mostly Juicy Couture products, with other brands being accessories.

I'm tellin ya, still like the place, moderation is great, the characters can at least handle some heat without a major meltdown, but man it seems too many are growing old at heart, not liking the new all that much. Overly grumpy, make mountains out of mole hills etc, granted there are some mountains out there, but not everything is, like a game client/overly... not a mountain. The only chance we had of one store front would have been MS doing this around 2000, never entering the console market, stay solely pc, do it all for free so all publishers could/would use, keep us all nice tidy and loyal to the O/S. But that ship sailed.

14. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 17:57 HorrorScope

Timmeh wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 16:59:
I don't know..

a game that promotes slavery...

felt kind of sick in my stomach watching that part.

Yep, shit just jumped the shark.

9. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 14:31 HorrorScope

That was always my secondary beef with Funcom, other than lying, but those guys are long gone. Is that they were adamant with trying to make a AAA mmo all the time and it seemed they didn't really have the horses for that. But bring it down a notch or two to a SP or game like this, it seems like they could shine there as they have more skill than your standard indy team learning as they go.

I was hoping H1 was going to be that AAA take on the Survival Genre, but that came out indy feeling as well. So if anyone can really delivery a AAA survival game, dedicated server, world building, along with a good AI PvE antagonist and a bit-o story, I think the gaming world in general is awaiting that, coming from the opposite other end to meet in the same place would be like making skyrim/f4 coop. All the other indy offerings still seem like two years out to have all those makings, with indy style gfx's, not AAA.

Isn't there another AAA survival game in the works? Perhaps by Epic or someone like that? Edit: Fortnight. Also State of Decay 2, should be final at release and be killer in coop.

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2017, 19:17.

6438 Comments. 322 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo