Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7143 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
10. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 1, 2017, 18:34 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 18:24:
The 'evils' in the game are a religious cult, you know, like almost every whacky Far Cry game. I don't see the controversy here I guess?

Do republicans say, in the real world, worship a weird group whom they have to call the leader their 'Father' and they are his 'children' and his name is Joseph Seed? The game description says "Project at Eden's Gate" is "known to utilize scorched-earth tactics, destroying farms and other potential supplies of the Resistance."

Yeah, try that in the real world and they would be dead or arrested pretty quick by a pretty big task force, FBI, National Guard, etc mobilizing against the equivalent of a Terrorist Cell. Basically the bad guy is like the dude from the movie "Red State" and they all get killed by the ATF.

They know it fits. Religious crazies in a small town.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 1, 2017, 17:31 HorrorScope

Far Right 5. You read it here first.  

News Comments > DayZ Beta and Release Planned for 2018
16. Re: DayZ Beta and Release Planned for 2018 Dec 1, 2017, 17:30 HorrorScope

I see...

Go Early Access, get a lot of people and dollars while developing.
Be forgotten for a year or two.
Then release the game, like a "Oh shit yeah that game and it's done now, lets check it out"

My thing with EA was if you wait til release, is anybody going to be there? But go silent forever and then release. Probably a good move.

News Comments > DOOM VFR Released
11. Re: DOOM VFR Released Dec 1, 2017, 14:23 HorrorScope

Looks like they got it working with Rift now... I knew they would. SteamVR update even, not a fan hack.  

10. Re: DOOM VFR Released Dec 1, 2017, 12:40 HorrorScope

Frijoles wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 22:28:
I was about to go buy it and saw the reviews. Sucks for Oculus, but saw that coming due to the lawsuit. I think I'm going to wait now until they get some patches or mods to fix the issues. That sucks.

If it is as bad as they day, more like good news for Oculus users saving money. But lets see how this is patched and most likely someone will get it to work with the Rift. If not, there's plenty of content.

3. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 1, 2017, 12:38 HorrorScope

I'm coming for you far-right in Far Cry 5. Wait til Trump gets a hold of these videos!  

News Comments > Abandon Ship Won't Set Sail This Year
1. Re: Abandon Ship Won't Set Sail This Year Dec 1, 2017, 12:34 HorrorScope

Why would an abandoned ship set sail?  

4. Re: DOOM VFR Released Nov 30, 2017, 22:24 HorrorScope

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 21:12:
lol, the reviews are being trashed by Oculus users who can't run it without a hack.

Does it run it with a hack? Not sure there is one yet.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers and DOOM VFR Specs
5. Re: New GeForce Drivers and DOOM VFR Specs Nov 30, 2017, 18:06 HorrorScope

Lorcin wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 17:46:
Been reading tonight it does work on the Rift - just not the Touch only gamepad (but I'm sure someone will mod it)

Yep, getting a game to work finds some of the best hackers out there.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 29, 2017, 23:02 HorrorScope

Firefox Quantum is a huge leap forward for Firefox and variants. Got the main addons back in and somethings you had to work for a little bit. Makes the PC feel brand new.

Chrome vs Firefox 2 weeks ago, isn't the same as Chrome vs Firefox today.

News Comments > EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear
10. Re: EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear Nov 29, 2017, 22:54 HorrorScope

I'm just not going to believe that the cancelled one, was the good one. Just assume it was like the rest or worse.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 29, 2017, 18:56 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 12:45:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 00:43:
Doesn't this break the law of batteries? I heard Tesla is spouting nonsense with their trucks.

There is no "law of batteries." Any article that claims that is written by someone who's a moron.

There are so many breakthroughs in battery technology right now (admittedly, not many of these ever become economically viable) that saying something is impossible in battery tech is a surefire way to be proven wrong a few years later.

I'm fairly sure that Tesla is smart enough not to spout pure false bullshit about their new semis. That said, the chargers they're going to need to actually DO the "400 miles in 30 minutes" thing are going to be monstrously powerful and are not going to just run off of solar. (Unless Musk is planning to build a 16 square mile solar farm right next to each one.)

These guys say different... I'm just the messenger.

https://is.gd/twGX6o

News Comments > Star Citizen Land Rush
57. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 18:47 HorrorScope

I got summ. Dad always said real estate is always a good investment and with the little land mass they have now, it's going to make bitcoins blush. Mark my words.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 29, 2017, 13:02 HorrorScope

Gsync matter more in the 60hz world. I feel the biggest issues most had was alleviated with higher refresh monitors. I think they know that, but if enough believe they still need it, might be an interesting call.  

News Comments > EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II
24. Re: EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II Nov 29, 2017, 12:54 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 12:12:
Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 11:17:
I just don't understand how you can just lie through your teeth like that? I'd feel like a dirty whore that no amount of hot showers would ever make clean again. They didn't really understand? Yeah, sure. They pulled it? Yeah after Bob Iger told them to. Lies and damn lies. Why people giving these motherfuckers money is beyond me.

Actually its easy, at some point even liars start believing their own lies.

Doesn't it feel like a club? That they groom people to be like this, they test them. What they are looking for is... "We are going to ask you to do things you will be against deeply, but we need you to ignore them, because if you don't we'll find another who will. And by doing so, you will be rich beyond your wildest dreams." I picture this on how it goes many times.

And as you say, you lie so much, in your mind you bend realities. It is what our president is doing, like a dictator, if they don't like today's narrative, they state a new one and simply believe that. If they have enough power, the followers join along and it indeed becomes that. Scary, no?

23. Re: EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II Nov 29, 2017, 12:49 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 11:17:
I just don't understand how you can just lie through your teeth like that? I'd feel like a dirty whore that no amount of hot showers would ever make clean again. They didn't really understand? Yeah, sure. They pulled it? Yeah after Bob Iger told them to. Lies and damn lies. Why people giving these motherfuckers money is beyond me.

Well there ya go... you just answered the age old question... "What is so special about a CEO and why are they paid do much?". They can do things common folk just wouldn't do and by doing so generates returns for their investors. They are brutally cold with no conscience. Boom, worth!

11. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 11:39 HorrorScope

Angrius Maximis wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 11:20:
Gamers are so dumb

I'd like to have their money for being so dumb.

7. Re: EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II Nov 29, 2017, 11:07 HorrorScope

Arithon wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 11:04:
You'd think $3BN being wiped off their shares would teach them SOMETHING, but apparently not..

I think that was answered yesterday. As much as that sounds, they've been on a long winning streak for a while, they can weather and rebound from this loss. Now if they string many of these together... New CEO time.

6. Re: EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II Nov 29, 2017, 11:05 HorrorScope

EA makes good $10-$20 games for me and some decent <$10 DLC from time to time. Obviously they'd go belly up if customers were all like me, let alone people that will simply not buy their stuff. But, if others do, it is why expensive things exist and not everything expensive is expensive to make. Those with crazy money who just want what they want, have weight, EA and many companies understand this and target. Gucci Bags? It's hard to fault that general plan, cause these people exist and give you money for nearly nothing.

Since we know they won't stop, I am intrigued to see what they do come up with, to see how they conclude what they do.

2. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 11:00 HorrorScope

Yeah read this one last night, was waiting for it to appear here. Yes people you can buy your plot of land in game! But I'm not against this, it is a choice no one is forced to buying. If you want to go ahead, I won't be your neighbor though and if no one buys it, probably is for the best. But you know people already have.  

7143 Comments. 358 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo