Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6321 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > ARK Expansion
2. Re: ARK Expansion Sep 1, 2016, 19:42 HorrorScope

Yeah confusing signals...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wireless HTC Vive Plans
22. Re: Wireless HTC Vive Plans Sep 1, 2016, 19:14 HorrorScope

I see now we are going health problems if someone doesn't like something. Gaming isn't good for one's waist line. Monitors aren't particularly good for eye sight. Keyboards can be bad for wrists. Make sure to keep proper posture in that seat.  

News Comments > Wireless HTC Vive Plans
7. Re: Wireless HTC Vive Plans Sep 1, 2016, 12:11 HorrorScope

It's definitely a good area to explore. I'm sure they know what will be considered acceptable or not and if they aren't close they won't sell it. It will also be nice if a wireless headset can also be wired if you choose, hope that will be optional with these, best of both worlds depending on need at the time. In a sitting experience I'm fine powered up via wires and most likely those would be the longer sessions as well.  

News Comments > NVIDIA's Fallout 4 Mod
17. Re: NVIDIA's Fallout 4 Mod Sep 1, 2016, 01:26 HorrorScope

Nvidia should be doing more of this, the best way to sell your hardware is make things that really show it off.  

News Comments > H1Z1: King of the Kill Next Month
7. Re: H1Z1: King of the Kill Next Month Aug 31, 2016, 18:55 HorrorScope

Listen these guys are fighting for their lives and are trying to figure out whatever could work. Obviously these forever early access survival games are a dime a dozen, so they went another direction as well and I guess it paid off some.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 31, 2016, 18:51 HorrorScope

maddog wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 18:28:
UPS and USPS are the ones who should be worried. FedEx's niche is overnight. They own the overnight space.

With the proliferation of Amazon distribution centers, more and more Amazon trucks will be on the road.

USPS has nothing to worry about, they will be subsidized in whatever they may need. No one customer of Fedex's represents more that 3% of revenue. But yes, the overall volume is going to be dominantly short area ground, which means regional carriers play a large roll in this as well and they are cheaper than Fedex or UPS on average.

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 31, 2016, 17:24 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 16:11:
Even if Amazon kills Fedex, so what? The packages still need to be delivered, Amazon will still need to hire drivers, and there'll be a ton of freshly fired drivers available who need a job.

You'd probably see the same guy delivering your stuff, only now he's wearing an Amazon uniform rather than a Fedex uniform.

I've actually always wondered why Amazon didn't just buy Fedex.

They looked into it and didn't like the overall process in which the Express network works I believe it was. The other thing we aren't talking a lot of planes here and they don't want a lot of planes. The planes are just to move some product around quickly in a pinch. They want to be able to ship ground from a very local warehouse on finished goods and be smart enough to be able to replenish the warehouse via line haul. Air is for the things that don't work out as planned and that will cost them a lot more, money losers they'll see.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta
37. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 13:29 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 11:16:
Beamer wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 11:03:
I feel like, with every BF game, the response is always "this is garbage. The last game was so much better, I'm just going to keep playing that."

Yeah, me and a couple friends went back to BF2 because it looked like BF1 had sort of an oldskool vibe going on (it totally does). And when back in BF2 it was JESUS CHRIST! do my bullets ever go where I'm aiming? Why can't I see anything? Why can I only run in a straight line?

Don't trust the rose-tinted nostalgia glasses, after BF games made the jump to frostbite, it really solved a LOT of issues with the old ones.

We're such a fucking jaded bunch it is ridiculous. We all think we are smart and we are to a point, but we do repeated stupid things in a circular pattern. But in this case this game is garbage!!!, I kid, I kid, lol.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 31, 2016, 11:07 HorrorScope

Retired wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 10:33:
Will Amazon Kill FedEx

An actual AMAZON Europa style truck has been delivering my items. Not FEDEX or UPS.

Yep Amazon can be delivered to a person in many ways. The one thing though is Amazon isn't everything, it's mainly residential consumer goods. There are other very large industries as well. Well unless they start moving other non-amazon goods, this isn't a big factor to others, it has been factored in a long time by now.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 29, 2016, 18:30 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 17:52:
Ozmodan wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 17:26:
Absolutely no use for a curved monitor. Bought one to try it out and ended up returning it.

Might work for TV's where you sit some distance from the TV, but for a monitor just flat out stupid.

I agree. I went to a brick&mortar store a few months ago to check out all the curved screens on display to see for myself what all the hubbub is about and the answer is it's fookin' retarded. It looks like crap and actually interferes negatively with the user experience especially in everyday desktop usage.
Seriously, unless you're some kind of animal or alien with frog eyes, you're not going to be able to convince me with a straight face that a curved screen is actually worth having.

I could *maybe* see some very limited use in a home cockpit environment where you are sitting pretty close to the screen and use it 99.9% of the time for pure racing/flying but in a regular home PC environment with a typical mix of internet, gaming, pr0n and other media? Fuck no.

It's an even lamer fad than 3D and VR. I sincerely hope it goes away real soon.

Yeah I could see curved screens if they are much wider than 21:9, maybe double that for example. Wrap it around you there, but you then have to have FOV controls to make it all work right in game and really out of game, out of game you'd have to have the ability to treat it like 3 monitors.

One thing I don't get is why no one has come up with monitors without frames on the sides and the ability to link/lock them together vs the what we have today.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 28, 2016, 21:29 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Aug 28, 2016, 13:52:
The automation of censorship they mean.

Or the view that it's their site and they can show whatever they want and if one doesn't like, ignore or if it is that bad for one, leave. I use fb to keep up with some family and friends, I have no use in that service no matter how it comes up with what to display. I don't use Facebook as a 2nd internet, like AOL tried.

News Comments > Halo 5: Forge PC Specs
16. Re: Halo 5: Forge PC Specs Aug 27, 2016, 19:10 HorrorScope

LOL now it isn't even Win10, but the Anniversary Version.

To note I shut off BITs and Update service and the combo has seemed to stick not getting any updates forced on me so far. 3 systems a few weeks now. Won't say it is proven, but hopeful. And then this news, lol. Good thing I have zero care.

And then the BS about 1080@60 and 4k@60, yeah you'll need more than that for 4K is the other spec is the 1080 spec. MS, idiots every last one of them.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
8. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 27, 2016, 19:05 HorrorScope

Question, do we still call people that have cut the cord but still watch the content in other ways, TV Viewers?  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 26, 2016, 15:55 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 10:30:
I still say this sort of drone thing is a bad idea. Besides the further unemployment it creates, what about liability issues? What happens when there are dozens/hundreds/thousands of these things flying around at once? Smash up derby is fun. And there's guaranteed to be personal and property damage. You just know dogs are going to chase/attack/sniff them and get a face full of whirling prop. Little kids trying to grab them, packages being dropped on people, etc. And let's not forget the irritaion of the noise of all these fucking things buzzing around. And last but not least, privacy issues. No sir, I don't like it.

There is a lot of new age things I get... this isn't one of them. It has more issues created than it solves.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Aug 25, 2016, 17:49 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 15:00:
Cutter wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 10:39:
Lol @ the ZP review! Nicely done!

Yeah, maybe modders will make it more interesting:
- Make planetary landings a skill you actually have to learn
- Make more dynamic and interesting weapon system
- Make interesting space combat
- Reduce the frequency of some elements, making the game a bit more challenging,
Etc.

Stuff is in the works, someday it may really be something. Perhaps we need to look at it as an space engine they gave us. We'll see.

News Comments > The Guild 3 Gamescom Presentation
2. Re: The Guild 3 Gamescom Presentation Aug 25, 2016, 17:47 HorrorScope

At the 2:00 mark is a great way of looking life and why being a simpleton is a great thing... I don't worry about them, they don't worry about me. But yeah, been looking forward to how this one turns out.  

News Comments > Space Rangers: Quest Announced
6. Re: Space Rangers: Quest Announced Aug 25, 2016, 17:43 HorrorScope

I'm disappointed the Space Travel screen isn't handled by text. Cool to have options though for those that have the time for something like this.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans
46. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 24, 2016, 18:15 HorrorScope

KilrathiAce wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 16:39:
I am still shocked that people were so hyped(this was supposedly most hyped game ever) over this pile of garbage. I never followed this much or even knew its coming, but after I seen it, I am wondering how did this get so much hype? lol Its pure pile of garbage.

Because you can go from planet to planet, land on planet, no load screens. It is basically god just being able to do that... they act like.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
46. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 16:42 HorrorScope

4D-Boxing wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 15:59:
My understanding is that ultra textures aren't much superior to high and, shadows, reflections, volumetric lighting are the source of the huge performance drop. If so, that explains the freakouts... since it may be shadows, reflections and lighting on objects we don't see.. box behind the box and the little bush behind it...

Yep pretty much the same things over and over with most games. How can you be a pc gamer of any length other than brand spanking new and not know to go in gfx settings and play with a few common ones if performance isn't to your liking? Next thing we'll find out is people don't know what FPS Counters are and don't use them. Or what vsynch is. Textures? What are those?

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
43. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 16:34 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 12:08:
MajorD wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 12:00:
Desalus wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 10:21:
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 10:14:
Im kind of glad I had trouble preordering, as it seems that the game needs more time in the Oven.

Yet another example of a AAA game which people shouldn't have preordered. You would think Deus Ex would be a safe game to preorder, but I guess nothing is these days. It's kind of funny how many people don't learn any lesson from the many terrible releases of AAA games in the past few years (especially on the PC).

Yeah, unfortunately less and less games are safe to pre-order and/or purchase at launch, and it seems to have become the norm. It's all driven by the mighty dollar, unrealistic ship dates, and shoving games out the door before they're ready. It seems to be getting worse, and will probably continue to get worse until people stop buying into the hype and start voting with their wallets.

Heck, I've seen some Indie alpha game releases more complete/optimized than the garbage some of these AAA publishers are shoveling.....*cough* No Man's *cough* Sky. These companies should be ashamed and embarrassed at some of the crap the let go out the door. But hey, if people buying what they're shoveling, then they'll keep shoveling.

It has become the same cycle over and over again:

1) Publishers market and hype the crap out of these games, and promise the sky.

2) People become so pumped for this new glittery shiny game, the excitement clouds their memory of how they were burned by the last AAA bug ridden incomplete game.

3) AAA game is released incomplete and un-optimized.

4) Everyone bitches and moans, saying they're never going to pre-order and/or purchase day one.

5) Rinse, repeat.

As other people have stated, you're better off waiting 6 months or a year when all the bugs are ironed out, the games has become more optimized, and selling at a better price ta boot! There is plenty of games in everyone's libraries to keep them occupied for that long.......

I mean, hasn't this been true since forever? It isn't as if games weren't overhyped and often released in unfinished states in the 90s. The biggest change is it now impacts console games, too, whereas in the old days console games tended to work as advertised (if be much less ambitious.)

Yes forever. I don't get how most here don't have so many games now that they can play, that they still get hyped up several times per year on the next shiny. That's an expensive game that can burn you too often. I get MP games that you want to compete in start out equals, but SP games? Relax and let the game prove itself. If BN users are the wiser from being here, then it is truly a failure.

Hell I get the old days, you waited months for something good, that was real. Today? Wow if you can't find anything now you're chasing games like some chase an alluding drug high. You are ready to move on in life. And then if you are one hating on VR ta boot, you are really stuck in a rut, you want something new and fresh but it has to be the same ole over and over that will do it. Oh ho boy.

6321 Comments. 317 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo