Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7675 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
53. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 23:53 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 22:50:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 20:55:
Slick wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 20:48:
So I'm to assume that game is pay2win?
The game is not pay to win.

How so?

What exactly are people buying if not access to bigger and better ships much sooner (immediately) than the lowbie players who will have to grind for god knows how long...

And then isn't there something about not having to pay in-game credits to have your ship respawn? Like infinite unlimited insurance on the thing when it gets totalled? And lowbie players will have to foot the bill for big costs to get their repairs on?

I honestly don't follow this game much at all, but there has to be a reason why people are spending thousands of $ on ships for this game. And I'm willing to bet it's not just cosmetics.

That's all true.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 14:29 HorrorScope

Meanwhile in Germany...

German Court Bans Vague Dates like "Coming Soon" in Marketing and Sales
by btarunr Wednesday, July 11th 2018 07:06 Discuss (37 Comments)

Vague dates like "coming soon" or "shipping soon" to lure pre-orders is outlawed in Germany, after a Munich Regional High Court ruling, in which a litigant took reseller MediaMarkt to court over excessive delivery delays. For any retailer to sell a pre-order for a commodity or a digital software license (i.e. take payment before product launch date), the reseller must specify the exact date of on which the product will be delivered. In other words, the onus is on the reseller to specify when a buyer will have the product or digital license in their possession, before making the sale, and ensure that the product reaches the consumer on or before the specified date.

Resellers that are unable to specify a delivery date would be breaking the law by soliciting pre-orders. The new ruling bolsters Germany's consumer rights laws, which are among the strictest in the world. German consumers are already within their rights to return a product they don't like for no reason, within a finite amount of time after the sale. If a retailer delivers later than the specified delivery date, the consumer can refuse the product and become eligible for a full refund. Perhaps the biggest impact of this ruling will fall on the real-estate industry. Real-estate developers taking payments from home-buyers before the completion of the development (i.e. transfer of possession) of a property, must be ready to cough up a full-refund (adjusted by inflation), if the buyer doesn't get possession on the agreed delivery date.

3. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 13:20 HorrorScope

You could have a field day with those bullet lines.

It was hard to pick a fave, but this is just great... "CIG/RSI repeatedly argued that there is a playable game". Yeah fuck this.

News Comments > A Typo Broke Aliens Colonial Marines AI?
4. Re: A Typo Broke Aliens Colonial Marines AI? Jul 14, 2018, 12:52 HorrorScope

TheEmissary wrote on Jul 14, 2018, 12:45:
Its totally believable something like this could have gone undetected. Its easy to write code albeit wrong that compiles and throws no errors.

I do get your point, but can anyone think of something like this that happened in gaming that affected the AI so much and it wasn't caught?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
33. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 14, 2018, 12:46 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Jul 14, 2018, 09:23:
"Dead" does not mean to people here. These reports are for investors. And yes, sales falling that much is dead.

And while employers, finance and other, still biy tons of laptops (rarely desktops), the replacement cycle is down. And down further for home users.

You are correct, that is the context used. But bringing it to us in a game forum, yeah you know what you are going to get in return with that title.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
26. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 14, 2018, 12:30 HorrorScope

DangerDog wrote on Jul 14, 2018, 06:23:
I don't understand why it's so difficult to phantom that Hillary is just plain unlikable.

There is something I'm more in agreement on. For me it was even more about I don't want dynasties in the WH or presidents that think they should be there for life, knock knock. She didn't do anything imo to energize and assumed too much. If this turned the election or not, if things were happening that are illegal they should be investigated and no one should be against justice. But we can see they are to the point they'll blame 2 justice depts that if you rewind back say 4 years, no one would ever think republicans would be against, that's what libs do, fight authority. But PRIDE... every time man.

To circle back to your statement though. To me with what Trump said went beyond "unlikable", he said and did things that I couldn't vote for him, publicly ridiculing a handicap person and dozens of other equal or near equal things. I tell my fam the first thing is the character, that HAS TO BE THERE, then the platform. He was a DOA to me. I'm registered independent.

25. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 14, 2018, 12:26 HorrorScope

"The whole Russia meddling thing is made up by the democrats as an excuse for Hillary losing....but even worse, they did nothing to stop it!"  

News Comments > A Typo Broke Aliens Colonial Marines AI?
1. Re: A Typo Broke Aliens Colonial Marines AI? Jul 14, 2018, 12:23 HorrorScope

This is hard to believe it was never caught, this is a major game play adjuster. "Jim I don't know why but I think the game is playing differently" "It's late Bob, go home and get some rest". lol

Last Halloween is still many years after release.

31. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 14, 2018, 00:53 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 16:22:
Not dead yet, but on life support.
https://www.pcmag.com/news/362478/pc-shipments-up-after-long-slump-but-it-wont-last
Enterprises are migrating over to Windows 10, which resulted in PC shipments increasing year-over-year during the second quarter. However, demand on the consumer side continues to struggle, which doesn't bode well for future growth.

"Future Growth" and "Dead to us" are two completely different things. PC's can't die because they run the worlds finances. EOS. Games are a blip to that and that is even doing fine. Yes, don't invest in Dell.

11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 14, 2018, 00:50 HorrorScope

DangerDog wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 23:02:
The Russian "collusion" story was and is a fabrication to divert attention from the real collusion that Hillary pulled off by rigging the democrat primary

You are aware people are being indicted, some now found guilty, that they were doing illegal things with Russia (and other things). Once caught lying over and over, they just kept using the "I forgot" card over and over, right?

I don't think any of us are in the position of know to superseded law enforcement agencies. I just don't think that is possible.

30. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 13, 2018, 22:35 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 10:31:
Why do stupid articles like this keep coming up about the PC being dead. It will never be dead. Its always going to be relevant for us hard core PC players.

And like all business, all business that's all. Hanging on? Trillions of dollars depend on them every second. If there is growth is such a secondary stat for their importance. Don't invest, fine.

News Comments > Fortnite 5.0 Kicks Off Season 5
16. Re: Fortnite 5.0 Kicks Off Season 5 Jul 12, 2018, 19:57 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 12, 2018, 17:56:
The PVE game as it is now is approaching its first anniversary, so anything older than that is really not representative of what it's like. I've been playing pretty regularly since I picked it up during the December sale and it was fun enough to hook me then, but even in those 7-ish months there have been several massive changes for the better. They range from basic gameplay things like sprinting no longer consuming the same energy pool you use for abilities to multiple additions in how you can obtain items without having to open loot boxes.

Along with the aforementioned freebies and shop with specific items bought with currency earned through gameplay, they recently enabled you to unlock almost anything you want directly if you have enough account-bound resources, including the ultra-rare hero classes. To give an idea of how valuable that is to the player, it really pissed off some individuals who had previously spent $100(0)+ on loot boxes trying to obtain one of these mythic heroes... If you ask me, that's a sure sign of a great update in a [soon-to-be] F2P game.

Yep good to know.

15. Re: Fortnite 5.0 Kicks Off Season 5 Jul 12, 2018, 19:55 HorrorScope

RaZ0r! wrote on Jul 12, 2018, 11:49:
Guess I am on the other side of the fence. My take is they should drop the PvE game so they can focus solely on BR. I believe the PvE is never going to earn .01% of what they have already earned on BR. But maybe the PvE is good backup investment if the BR craze ever crashes and burns, and that's why they keep it around.

Bottom line business wise you are probably correct, but also note it seems you condone that they should just do that. IF so, hope never to see you in other posts bitching about corporate greed, because right here, right now you are supporting it. I like to think there are some people over at Epic that are fine with how things are going with PvE, perhaps they even enjoy getting some game time in themselves.

4. Re: Fortnite 5.0 Kicks Off Season 5 Jul 12, 2018, 10:59 HorrorScope

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 12, 2018, 10:20:
The BR mode is the most popular because it is free, but the PVE stuff is way better, IMO. It also got an update, but because you have to pay to access it, there are far fewer players and less media coverage. My girlfriend and I have gotten addicted recently, which is awesome because after the first few stages of the alpha I didn't relly like the direction it was going but now it seems to be back on track during early access.

Has the standard edition ever been on sale?

News Comments > Defiance 2050 Launches
6. Re: Defiance 2050 Launches Jul 11, 2018, 11:31 HorrorScope

Rigs wrote on Jul 11, 2018, 10:32:
It looks like a really cheap Destiny ripoff. So, instead of every MMORPG trying to rip on WOW, now they're going for Destiny. Wonderful. Just what everyone wanted.

=-Rigs-=

It looks like that, but perhaps it could be more fun with more gear and content? The places where I feel Destiny lacks. To me it isn't always about the gfx. But this probably sucks there to, just saying, it could look lesser but still be better in overall gameplay.

News Comments > PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month
9. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 10, 2018, 00:48 HorrorScope

JeffD wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 00:36:
60fps caps are fine.

Well we all need to be more forward thinking, 72 should now be the minimum lock state. On everything else, I'll just wait until it's out to find out about the quality of the port. No reason to think what it might be now.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jul 9, 2018, 19:41 HorrorScope

Note to all job seekers world wide, don't do anything stupid enough to have the boss go to bat for you... they probably won't. Every here, just take your whiny ass firing and go look for work elsewhere. LOL don't let them make this an issue more than it is, stupid argument leads to a firing.  

News Comments > Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat
18. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 6, 2018, 13:12 HorrorScope

We're assholes overall.
She went too far.
Have no problem it costing her, it was very stupid to write that.
I hope GW2 has better writing going forward.
It has improved from the start, but it started at sub-level, it was so bad.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
9. Re: Saturday Interviews Jun 30, 2018, 15:38 HorrorScope

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 09:08:
Funny a game where you mindlessly kill zombie after zombie is inspired by games where your actions matter. Give me a break.

Lets not kid ourselves, without mods the combat AI in W3 was brain-dead and there is no saving their actual day to day intelligence.

I live in town, get in fight after fight 'cause they gonna show me this time. Killing the shit out of all on-commers, still wanting a piece of me and somehow never even hearing of me? Both are basically brain dead in that regards.

Imo in W3 after a while, they should have run from me or bowed if they had any smarts at all. It has a great over-arching story, great acting etc, but some of the power people thought they had on me, was straight up nuts logic on their end. I've saved the world how many times...

I don't get me started on the two bitches making fun of me trying to get in a 3-some, which they lead you into. Fucking there are idiots walking the street today in the real that can strike up a 3-some doing diddly poo. But not the savior of the known world? Unwavering hero. Come's to their side any time they need and always comes through. No one bound to another, none want to get married and have kids and they laugh and say no? Can't just suck a little dick and get laid for all of that? Fuck them and that AI.

News Comments > Facebook's Oculus Penalty Halved
8. Re: Facebook's Oculus Penalty Halved Jun 28, 2018, 19:38 HorrorScope

Not that I have love for either, but something about zenimax rubs me wrong. If you equate Oculus to Facebook, yes things about Facebook rub me wrong to, doesn't change my mind about zenimax.

As for the hardship, that'b on the buyers who have some protections left, hold on to them with both hands, things are gonna get bumpy.

7675 Comments. 384 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo