Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7086 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 9, 2017, 14:50 HorrorScope

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 10:36:
Currently running a 1700 with fast memory and it competes with any other Intel processor.

I'm not going to say I'm done with either, I don't care about their names, but what they offer. Good to see AMD competing.

That said, if I do go new proc, yep 1600 or 1700 with fast ram is what I'm now looking at.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 9, 2017, 11:24 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Aug 8, 2017, 22:37:
Or maybe store your ammo in a more secure location that can't be destroyed by a commercial drone.

To me that is besides the point. There are many reasons drones don't need to be close to many things, military a no brainer. IMO they are a real conundrum overall. Cool yes, but it comes with a lot of issues.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 8, 2017, 11:54 HorrorScope

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 7, 2017, 23:16:
Seriously... Bridge Crew isn't on there?

And Luck Palmers Fox Jumper is? Isn't that last year?

But overall the list gives me a lot of things to check out besides just the games dept. Google Earth with VR is pretty amazing. The controls could have been a bit more intuitive though.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 8, 2017, 11:09 HorrorScope

Companies and their scare-tactic agreements:

"Uber claims in their Terms of Service that they are not responsible for anything and that you are unable to sue them," wrote Wilcox. "I have proved that wrong in a court of law, and I encourage you to never give up fighting for what is right in all aspects of your life."

News Comments > etc.
31. Re: etc. Aug 7, 2017, 11:56 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Aug 7, 2017, 02:29:
And if they turn a 30 hour game into 100 hour grindfest if you don't buy said microtransactions, are you going to just grind it out?

Is that happening?

As for the industry, the big boys are reporting record earnings, so everything good there. Base prices drop faster than ever, but there are optional micro/dlc charges now to make that up. I don't think I've ever bought a micro for a single player and dlc is based on value to me. Their costs, do they still go up for the same volume of content produced? It would be nice that salaries go up, but headcount should be stable or lessening. as the tools are better than ever. They should be able to do more with less, which is the sign of a well run maturing industry.

I won't buy this game immediately, so I'll get to see if the microtrans are really a bad thing or a gamer option. If it is bad, yeah that would be upsetting, but only to the point of move on and play something else, their loss to me.

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: etc. Aug 6, 2017, 18:08 HorrorScope

This is single player right?

I don't know why God needs a spaceship.

I don't know why I have to buy better loot to compete vs myself.

Are they getting rid of easy/med/hard and turning this into an impossible to win game otherwise?

Hmmm....

News Comments > Oculus Home Warms to Steam
6. Re: Oculus Home Warms to Steam Aug 5, 2017, 14:55 HorrorScope

Frijoles wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 13:39:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 13:20:
What they need is a way to have oculus games be installed on a any drive you have vs the one you set oculus up on originally.

You're probably already aware of symbolic links. Pain in the ass, but they work. It's hard to believe anyone would put out software that doesn't allow you to move where the files are located. Even their SDK was pretty bitchy about it's path for a while (under DK1).

Also, while nice to have, this change above isn't a big deal. What I want is for Oculus games to work in Vive without jumping through hoops and using Revive. Some games are cross-compatible, but not many.

Yes, but thanks anyway for the tip.

Good point, even though no one is crazy about their own exclusives, it really is a fair advantage at this time for Oculus being allowed to dabble a bit more in both sides software. Perhaps this wall will fall down soon.

What I don't feel is any facebook/advertising strong arming like many immediately clinged to. Can it be coming? If it does, I think that will be on the mobile end, this is too small of peanuts. Yes you can link your account to facebook, an option. If you do, you can still shut everything else off but this superficial link.

News Comments > Grimoire - Heralds of the Winged Exemplar Takes Flight
14. Re: Grimoire - Heralds of the Winged Exemplar Takes Flight Aug 5, 2017, 14:49 HorrorScope

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 14:39:
Saboth wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 11:51:
2. The developer is supposedly far alt-right, with a doomsday bunker, etc., so people are using that against him.

I am not interested in this game, especially with D:OS2 around the corner, but surely that would be a valid reason for not supporting this game, if somebody disagrees with the maker(s) politics?

Reading random excerpts from his blog, he seems like an insane person. Nothing supposedly about it, unfortunately.

It would be how he presents himself with his politics. I never got into this whole thing here, but what I did hear it was substantial. Sort of like a Derek Smart type figure with his own ways. Sometimes the person does affect the product.

13. Re: Grimoire - Heralds of the Winged Exemplar Takes Flight Aug 5, 2017, 14:47 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 13:53:
Gotta admit though, the game is super deep. In the mid 90s I might have been all over something like this. Definitely not today though.

That's true. If it could have been a little more modern in some ways, it would catch my eye a lot more. But then again that is what a 20 year development game looks like. Just think if he started with say where unity is today, he could have done this in a lot less time and with better results.

News Comments > Oculus Home Warms to Steam
3. Re: Oculus Home Warms to Steam Aug 5, 2017, 13:20 HorrorScope

Allowing steam games within the Oculus eco is a nice to have, not a game changer, but still claps.

What they need is a way to have oculus games be installed on a any drive you have vs the one you set oculus up on originally. It took Steam forever to do this, but man that is a so needed feature. So much so, I want to buy the games on Steam so I can direct them as I wish. Oculus not having this, nearly forces me to choose the Steam buy option. Hope they are reading this and can put 2+2 together here.

I will be interesting to see the numbers on how their sales went. Both units have some minor advantages and disadvantages vs one another. But the rift being 1/2 price on sale and now 40% regularly, that is significant.

7. Re: Grimoire - Heralds of the Winged Exemplar Takes Flight Aug 5, 2017, 13:10 HorrorScope

"Cleveland Mark Blakemore's Magnum Opus!"

Compared to what other works of his?

But yes, finally... If it could have been more like Wiz8, then I'd think he'd have something. This is way old school and yeah a $10 at best if I want to put myself through this.

On the $/hour thing, to me after a point the $1 for $1 hour thing changes when you get up in high hour usage for me. Single player games get too repetitive for me after some point almost always with games going past 30 hours. Starting to think my sweet spot is around 15/15. Plenty of time to get the feel and then let me go play other things. I like it, make a follow up with another 15/15, all square on this keyboard.

12. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 4, 2017, 20:06 HorrorScope

e-sport I take it wins marketing votes vs e-competition.

As for the definition, when the times change, so can definitions.

To me it's why does it really matter? Just another sign of old and change resistance.

The kids are coming and they're bringing their e-sports with them.

4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 4, 2017, 14:58 HorrorScope

MajorD you just need to break down those barriers you put up.

If it makes it better, think of it as a competition and at that time things work better in our heads. All the same otherwise, tripping up on a word.

I know when I played games at a competitive level locally, things got mighty intense. More like a race driver feel than a football one.

2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 4, 2017, 13:27 HorrorScope

Their is physicalness in it, depends on the scale you use. Skill, certainly at that level. It is competition by who we know are the best at something in the world. AKA they'd cream you if you challenged them.

I was on a station and later in the background it broke into e-sports on tv. I kept a little track of it, it wasn't bad at all. Not saying it will be something I'd follow, but it wasn't something terribad. I mean we've all seen some of the things on the tube right?

News Comments > Conan Exiles The Frozen North Expansion Details
8. Re: Conan Exiles The Frozen North Expansion Details Aug 3, 2017, 15:38 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Aug 3, 2017, 14:52:
No one is complaining about free content, they're complaining about unoptimized games with tons of bugs. All you do is compound problems with the ARK model of development. You should always be fixing first and adding content second, mot the other way around. That way any new issues that crop up after new content is added you know is related to that new content and it's much easier to chase down and fix.

Well they are doing both and that is common and not everyone can fix parts at the same time. You know this.

5. Re: Conan Exiles The Frozen North Expansion Details Aug 3, 2017, 13:39 HorrorScope

Yeah the complaints here seem misplaced. They are adding an expansion which is map enlargement with a new region and overall game play improvements.

In this case they use the word "expansion" and some go a little off the wall hearing that. But many other EA games have added land mass as they gone along. In their case it was just an update and no eyes raised.

Johnny, sit down I have a single word to tell you.
Ok, What?
Expansion!
NOOOOOO!!!!! I was not ready for that, at all!

Hey, one more word since it's up in the cold north...
Shrinkage?

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2017, 13:51.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 3, 2017, 12:41 HorrorScope

Yep we look at big fancy take over of mankind with AI. Devious people, call them blackmarketeers are going to jump on AI before that takeover and wreck havoc, perhaps even to the point we can't get to the takeover step in the process. Because they always do, unstoppable tools for them will be like NEO is to the Matrix. We'll all be forced offline due to doomed inter-connectivity.

Maybe.

2. Re: Conan Exiles The Frozen North Expansion Details Aug 3, 2017, 11:05 HorrorScope

The blurb talks about the overall game improvements as well, as well as 28 updates to date. Not that I have it, I'll wait for release to judge.  

News Comments > Tacoma Released
3. Re: Tacoma Released Aug 2, 2017, 10:58 HorrorScope

I'll take it that isn't a sale for you then.

I told them to make a zombie survival moba, didn't listen. Something about they want to make the game they want to. Millennials...

I was wondering if they took the sandwich into space?

News Comments > AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed
29. Re: AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed Jul 31, 2017, 22:55 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 17:45:
@Tipsy: Well, I think you would benefit more from a GTX 10 series upgrade than anything else since nVidia has that projection tech (SMP) in Pascal cards that the 980Ti does not have so VR gets a real nice boost.
A GTX 1080 or 1080Ti would be ideal to make a tangible difference because outside of VR the 980Ti and the 1070 are too close together in terms of performance.
The problem, of course, is that you can not buy a graphics card at the moment because of the stupid mining craze .

Are games taking advantage of this feature now?

I've been using my sons i5/1060, things have been running real well.

I'm in the middle now of setting up the second unit, download taking a couple hours for 1.x gig from Oculus, and it isn't on my end. SLOOOOOWWWW... I have a i7/1070, so we'll see if there is a noticeable difference in performance. Overall been impressed with the performance I've seen on my sons.

7086 Comments. 355 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo