Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7554 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Hearthstone Game Director Leaves Blizzard
6. Re: etc. Apr 21, 2018, 11:56 HorrorScope

deqer wrote on Apr 21, 2018, 00:02:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 20, 2018, 22:15:
Is that what happens in a corporate environment? Once you reach a high position, you cannot request demotion back to the stuff that you like to do. Would it not be a better to demote and keep the stability of Blizzard employment instead of trading in all that seniority for ground-floor uncertainty?
No. Game designers do not want to work for someone else. They want to make their own games. He's got enough now to take the risk to make a product that will sell well, and profit. And he's not trading in seniority. Seniority is a permanent record.

To the OP, yes in most case. To the response that is true to. But yeah from the corporate world I'm in, there is no going back for the most part.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans?
41. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Plans? Apr 20, 2018, 00:33 HorrorScope

bigspender wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 03:57:
I think Dice should go one step further and combine battle royal with moba somehow and let the money roll in lol

Commentated by two WW2 Zombies.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
25. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 16, 2018, 23:30 HorrorScope

NicklePop wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 20:43:
Agreed, "leftists" are the actual Nazi's.

That is just retarded. Lefts are much more inclusion of all race and creeds and the right are much less, boarding on assimilation. How in the hell can you not see that? So with that alone... who would be more nazi like? Too many in the far right are fucked in the head right now.

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 16, 2018, 15:49 HorrorScope

Timmeh wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 12:20:
Nazis actually shut down free speech. Nazis have no humor and don't understand or accept satire.

Well you were talking Hate Speech and then confused it with Free Speech, then put in the kings of Hate Speech who shutdown Free Speech. Could one muddy the waters there anymore than this?

I'll sit and wait to see when ridding hate speech will do a full circle on me.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 16, 2018, 10:50 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 15, 2018, 22:16:
Armengar wrote on Apr 15, 2018, 15:09:
my ford converse plus is fine. easy to navigate and use. the reversing camera screen is integrated into the rear view mirror so you get an overlay in the corner. bluetooth just works and the speech input is a bit quirky but works for fiddly things such as setting temperatures. it doesnt always get the phone book entries correct so i wouldn't trust it to dial. the two dpads on the steering wheel are in a good place. cruise control and adaptive distance cruise are on separate thumb buttons. setting the clock is menu,clock,set then up/down/left/right.

overall it just works and helps rather than be a hindrance.

It's that way in most cars too, but that playlist thing with music always starting at A... and then completing it before shuffle triggers and no volume control before the car is "booted" seem very widespread.

I say, and have the same "feature" on my PC. My remote control for my sound system died eons ago, I control it entirely with my keyboard now which obviously only works after boot. So I disabled boot sounds, and pay attention on shut-down, heh.

LOL I have a ford to and the USB Always Start at A or the other play options is maddening. They didn't think of a shuffle? How is that not a standard? LOL, that you brought it up, overall their system is OK to navigate, but this.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
17. Re: Saturday Mobilization Apr 15, 2018, 21:21 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Apr 15, 2018, 13:17:
Societies adapt. People will accept it. Few people *like* driving. They do it because they need to get places. Being able to play Candy Crush or catch up on email or nap while commuting to work because the car drives them will be a godsend for most people.

It may not be about people tolerating it and it may be about companies not wanting to take on this liability. Gov't may need to protect for the greater good, as we can see each noteable incident is a social media trial.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
14. Re: Saturday Mobilization Apr 15, 2018, 11:25 HorrorScope

While this gets the headlines, I found it cool that Sweeden has just opened the first electric charging highway. Now compatible electric cars can be charging while they are driving down the road. Smart.

For automatic cars, obviously keep developing but focus and adding to driver assist, just a natural progression here should show us if/when we can remove the driver from the equation.

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Videos
8. Re: Underworld Ascendant Videos Apr 14, 2018, 11:54 HorrorScope

Definitely intrigued by this game, but the video made me take some pause, looks janky. No matter, we'll see how it is on release.  

News Comments > New Sea of Thieves Content Next Month
5. Re: New Sea of Thieves Content Next Month Apr 14, 2018, 11:50 HorrorScope

Kxmode wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 05:06:
I always thought content is more important than game play.

Proof that people are different. Think of a game you don't like to play, something that garnered the hate like Sims in its day. Now think of it having unlimited content. Does that sound enticing to you?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 13, 2018, 13:53 HorrorScope

Cool idea with roads that charge the cars as they drive.  

News Comments > New AMD Ryzen CPUS Announced
15. Re: New AMD Ryzen CPUS Announced Apr 13, 2018, 13:50 HorrorScope

This is going to be very interesting from me. I didn't feel Intel did enough between the first Ryzen and this new gen. If they can get their benches up a little more. I maybe going AMD proc., man I've been waiting for that perfect time to upgrade CPU, it's never been a no-brainer for such a long time, like say the 10xx series of gpu's when you could get them at retail.  

News Comments > System Shock Revival Revived
27. Re: System Shock Revival Revived Apr 8, 2018, 11:38 HorrorScope

MattyC wrote on Apr 8, 2018, 05:17:
El Pit wrote on Apr 8, 2018, 04:05:
The Kickstarter people mostly want just System Shock working on a modern OS - looking as buttugly as the classic game and without a single bit of different gameplay, story, and so on. To me it sounds like the order was "Just make System Shock work on a modern OS and then DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING".

I hope that isn't what they were asking for. If it was, someone should have just pointed them to DOSbox. It has supported system shock for ages now.

System Shock 2 is more in need of love there.

Right, that isn't enough for me at all. The GFX and UI have to be updated.

News Comments > System Shock Revival Revived
26. Re: System Shock Revival Revived Apr 8, 2018, 11:30 HorrorScope

Hump wrote on Apr 7, 2018, 14:55:
to be honest, I thought the Unity demo looked fine. I'm more interested in capturing the feel of the original rather than see them spend too much time on graphics detail.

anyhoo, good to see them back on track.

Right. It's terribly dated graphically doesn't mean it has to be drop-dead for today. A good update there and to UI and you got me.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Planning Content Plans
22. Re: Sea of Thieves Planning Content Plans Apr 7, 2018, 13:27 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Apr 7, 2018, 12:37:
Numinar wrote on Apr 7, 2018, 05:57:

And it's got problems. And the stuff you can buy is too expensive. And they should have cut the grind to a quarter of what it is. And the most interesting islands are crying out for a fun raid like activity. And getting people to join an in-progress game is messed up right now.

And it's amazing. It looks amazing. The weather, wave and lighting effects are through the fucking roof.

And don't spend 60 USD/100 AUD on it.

So, it's way too expensive, has tons of problems, but looks great. That's a ringing endorsement, if I ever heard one.

You could have took the high-road and said it's a game the bridges generations together. It's a game, wasn't promised to be a savior that we don't even need. Being that win Xgame, I haven't broken that seal yet, holding off.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 6, 2018, 14:46 HorrorScope

Saboth wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 11:03:
Looks like Trump and his court might make it so we all pay more taxes and bring about far more regulations and problems for internet sellers who don't have a physical presence in each state. Thought this was the party of low taxes and regulation? Guess only if it's a company who isn't writing unflattering stories about the child in the White House.

He's a fucking idiot. Correct, he makes a tax cut then kills all that at least for commoners with tariffs that will make products go much higher. Wants to pick winners and losers, ideas that are basically regulations. Overall an idiot. There are some points to Amazon, but he's really not the guy to right it, he'll bumble it certainly.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Planning Content Plans
9. Re: Sea of Thieves Planning Content Plans Apr 6, 2018, 14:37 HorrorScope

Prez wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 10:55:
Jesus tap-dancing Christ - why would you release a game that has almost nothing to do in it beyond look at the pretty waves and not have at least begun work on adding content? How in the hell could anyone have thought that was a good idea for anyone, the players, the developers, the shareholders... My god you really have to wonder about the games industry these days.

I would hardly measure the game industry over this one entry into the fray.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 6, 2018, 01:28 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 00:57:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 5, 2018, 21:32:
Amazon's "Lord of the Rings" To Run Five Seasons.

I love a good fantasy romp as much as the next guy, but there are so many undeveloped properties out there. Why this one again?

If you're going to spend a zillion dollars making something, you aren't going to add the extra risk of doing something no ones ever heard of.

It's not like this is just a long form adaptation of the source material anyway. It's more of a spinoff.

That said, I'm still holding out hope that someone will give a World of Darkness TV series another shot some day. Kindred: The Embraced was pretty decent for its time. You could do something much much better today.

Looking forward to see if they'll do the Witcher justice.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
12. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 4, 2018, 18:09 HorrorScope

Reviewing her history they are saying there were some signs. You mean like million's of people's spitting hate of the President online? That if one were to do something, then review their online content they could say "There were signs, they were disgruntled". Well yet another way to put millions in jail for why the fuck not.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 4, 2018, 17:51 HorrorScope

Comes back to the same fight, just different names and situations. Somehow it has to be looked at, when you are online, you are in the public, don't expect privacy. You want privacy don't go online. Privacy is in the comfort of your personal confines, not a web that spins around the globe. Oh and by the way, you signed off on allowing us to share your data in terms and conditions. Not that I say I'm supper happy with this, but I can't come up with another answer that can actually work. Stop being an asshole or the like doesn't get it done. If you share... you share, your choice.  

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 3, 2018, 09:58 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 19:11:
Yeah, I've used it twice in the last year and finally deleted my account the other day. Told my friends they could email me if they need to get in touch, you know, like people used to. I think that's all someone needs to do now. Just make a non-scumbag FB and they could easily replace them.

There are other options out there and FB isn't the choice of a new generation, they don't want to be monitored by mom and dad, it's base is aging. But I love your old man comment "you know, like people used to", classic dad entering gpa status.

7554 Comments. 378 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo