Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7282 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Nov 29, 2017, 10:50 HorrorScope

rjdriver wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 05:40:
But I agree with your sentiments about story driven single player games. We need more of them.

There are more of them and pretty much any genre now then we have time for. We can't tell what Wall Street AAA's what they should make, but if they don't make them, they still do though, others will and do all the time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 29, 2017, 00:45 HorrorScope

LittleMe wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 22:34:
60 Hz for 8K and 120 Hz for 4K.

Yeah that should be a solid standard for a while.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 29, 2017, 00:43 HorrorScope

Doesn't this break the law of batteries? I heard Tesla is spouting nonsense with their trucks.  

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Nov 29, 2017, 00:19 HorrorScope

This, the tax bill and the medical bill.

Obviously all 3 could cause harm and medical being the worst. But if this is what it takes to expose the repubs to the common folk, I can take some pain. It will be fixed quick enough, the internet bill is the least painful, why still doing the job of exposing. The Dems will restore.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Trial Released
13. Re: Destiny 2 Free Trial Released Nov 28, 2017, 18:47 HorrorScope

Dacron wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 18:21:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 17:11:
Hate to be this guy. But I can't find the "Try it for Free" button for PC. Xbox and PS4 is right where you'd expect it. Where's it hiding for the PC?

It's insane. There is xbox/ps4/pc under try it now on the link, BUT, clicking the PC option brings you to the store ( https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/destiny2 ) with no option to trial it.

How can massive companies with so much money make such hapless blunders? Surely they had an internal test, no ?

It is in the Bliz App after you update it, they could have said "Download it in the Blizzard App".

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Trial Released
5. Re: Destiny 2 Free Trial Released Nov 28, 2017, 17:11 HorrorScope

Hate to be this guy. But I can't find the "Try it for Free" button for PC. Xbox and PS4 is right where you'd expect it. Where's it hiding for the PC?  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 28, 2017, 12:08 HorrorScope

"A new class of security problem is caused by smartphone makers that create vulnerabilities deliberately without telling customers."

-Hurry up and get an article out about users using weak passwords!

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Trial Tomorrow
8. Re: Destiny 2 Free Trial Tomorrow Nov 27, 2017, 23:20 HorrorScope

So this is one day and what is the size of thee download?  

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Nov 27, 2017, 16:58 HorrorScope

I laugh when people are trying to pander to Disney to snub EA. They are both from the same cloth. Maybe they will, but don't think Disney is some type of moral consumer high ground.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 27, 2017, 10:55 HorrorScope

Right, because chances are they aren't hacking you by getting your password. They just steal the whole damn db and take the guessing out of it entirely. Who's the dummy now? Keep putting it on the little guy, when it is the industry pro's that are allowing thieves to steal the whole shebang.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 26, 2017, 22:45 HorrorScope

ViRGE wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 18:16:
Valve must really be desperate to get rid of Steam Links. At $5 they're pretty much giving the things away. Even as cheaply made as they are, that's still easily below the cost to manufacture each unit.

Or they just want their device in your living room.

News Comments > Saturday Patches
5. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 26, 2017, 11:53 HorrorScope

Jerykk wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 05:42:
People are still hung up on this? Really? It's not like the original Prey was a critical or commercial success.

What we did end up getting was a great spiritual successor to System Shock 2.

I don't keep track of opinions to names all that much, but perhaps Slick was the person here that defended the honor of Prey 1 to the nTH degree here, as if it were a landmark game that was wrongly forgotten about. I liked the 2nd Prey a whole helluva lot more and that isn't to piss on the original, I just did because I do like the SS formula quite a bit. Someday I'll need to do a Prey VR run.

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Free Weekend Underway
7. Re: SpellForce 3 Free Weekend Underway Nov 26, 2017, 11:47 HorrorScope

Alamar wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 00:08:
Main problem I had though, was when you want to move workers from one building to another, you can't just remove a single worker (unless it's already fixed); you have to unload them all, then re-add the number you want.

You click the head prior. For example if you have 3 workers assigned, click the 2nd and the 3rd is removed. Took me a bit to figure that out to.

I'd say a lot of the complaints are UI type stuff. Several complain about hot-keying hero attacks, but you might as well just use the radial it slows/stops time and all the actions are listed right there. Simple and effective.

It's a $20 game for me, buggy enough I want to wait and by then it will be cheaper. But should be fun when the time comes.

This was smart of then running free test weekends. It isn't a popular franchise and this at least gets the word out there.

News Comments > One Hour Star Citizen Video
33. Re: One Hour Star Citizen Video Nov 25, 2017, 12:30 HorrorScope

El Pit wrote on Nov 25, 2017, 12:14:
People wanted another Wing Commander and Privateer, and now they get THIS?! People working on virtual hair and... Oh my. Whatever. Elite is out and fun. Even without millions wasted on facial animations and hair f/x. SC is still one mess of a project. Best of luck on delivering the game within the next 10 years.

One could say an indy game Empyrion can do most of this and have a full blown craft engine where you can build ships and buildings brick by brick and make/share blue prints with the world. Doesn't look as nice, but the whole you can build anything to me equals or beats looks.

News Comments > More Boxing with Loot Boxing
17. Re: More Boxing with Loot Boxing Nov 24, 2017, 12:35 HorrorScope

To say things can't happen... Draft Kings and the like were a lot mightier two years ago, with major investors behind it. They got neutered due to behaviors and are now a shell.  

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Demo Today
3. Re: Project CARS 2 Demo Today Nov 23, 2017, 14:43 HorrorScope

Only 3.4 gig ta boot. A Thanksgiving Day miracle. Yup, only interested in the VR part.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 23, 2017, 00:16 HorrorScope

"The overwhelming majority of public input favored our proposal," he said before a recent vote, while urging his fellow commissioners to eliminate a decades-old rule that required TV and radio stations to maintain studios in the local communities they serve.

To the first bullshit.

To the second, yeah that is just as good as politicians from out of town coming in and winning your local elections. That sucks and blows, makes sense to keep it local. And just think Republicans were about smaller gov't and keeping power local. This is the opposite, this is getting a national control of locals.

I predict this is going to end poorly for him when it is all over. He's really getting himself into a very unfavorable position with the people.

News Comments > Loot Boxes Under Fire
53. Re: Loot Boxes Under Fire Nov 22, 2017, 19:10 HorrorScope

I was just in a old game, went into their store, then I thought Holy Shit! if this became illegal how does this work? Previously released games ok? Or gulp would they have to go in an make major code changes to a lot of games? Being a gambling thing, grandfathering may not be a thing.  

45. Re: Loot Boxes Under Fire Nov 22, 2017, 16:00 HorrorScope

<Electric-Spock> wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 15:34:
I don't believe anyone has mentioned this yet, but depending on the type of game, loot boxes/crates can also turn the game into cesspool of cheaters. Take PUBG for example. Once loot crates were introduced, and random items could be sold for ridiculous amounts of money on the steam marketplace, the cheaters just flooded in.

Sure there will always be cheaters, but if you can make money from doing so....yeah..... thanks loot crates!!

Yes to all of that.

44. Re: Loot Boxes Under Fire Nov 22, 2017, 15:59 HorrorScope

Sepharo wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 15:00:
But what's the problem with cosmetic items (aside from potential for addictive spending)?

That is the problem, nothing to aside to, that isn't good. However you have two flavors, one worse than the other. Random chance cosmetics means you have to spend who knows how much to get what you want. This needs to go to. The other is, you sell a cosmetic for X and get it every time, that is different and more acceptable certainly. But I could see some reviewing that as well.

7282 Comments. 365 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo