Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6669 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
24. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 4, 2017, 16:58 HorrorScope

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 4, 2017, 11:27:
Flo wrote on Feb 4, 2017, 05:44:
What I expect from game mode: Pause any cpu intense background tasks like defender or windows update. What I don't expect: to magically increase framerates with the same hardware.

right, they say it has more impact on the minimum fps rather than the maximum... and these days i think that may be much more important

games lately have had more issues with "frame pacing" than just simply cranking out fps... its much better to have a firm 60 than something that goes from 30 - 90 in a wildly erratic manner from time to time

True, but what is 30 fps? We got a console gamer up in here still? I don't mind wildly erratic fps between 60 & 144!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 4, 2017, 13:26 HorrorScope

Flo wrote on Feb 4, 2017, 05:44:
What I expect from game mode: Pause any cpu intense background tasks like defender or windows update. What I don't expect: to magically increase framerates with the same hardware.

Right. All these new screens and options are lite weight console type screens. If that was the future and the old options gutted... yeah that would do it for me, unless every reasonable feature for users (not MS) is addressed. To this day I have whatever version of win10 that existed when the free offer time expired and won't be moving unless something big happens... in my favor.

7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 3, 2017, 22:42 HorrorScope

jimnms wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 19:10:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 18:11:
Hope we can turn off WGM. I don't need another performance hit beyond the ones already occurring in Windows 10. My least favorite is the Draconian updates downloading whenever regardless of what I'm doing. I can't stop this, but I know it's going on according to Resource Monitor. Very annoying.

There are several ways to disable the Windows Updates. Option 1 only works on Win10 Pro, and I don't think option 2 works anymore, but options 3-5 work.

Option 5 isn't complete and won't work by itself, you have to stop the Bits service to. But that is the option I would always recommend, 2 simple services to stop.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 3, 2017, 18:09 HorrorScope

For my understanding, how does this play out.

1. Zeni feels wrong.
2. Creates lawsuit.
3. Caramack supposedly wipes drive.

Got that, but what happens next?

Court order and FBI comes to office and confiscates system?

I just wonder how the drive is surrendered.

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Going to New Mexico
3. Re: American Truck Simulator Going to New Mexico Feb 3, 2017, 11:25 HorrorScope

If I drive far enough south will I see a wall?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2017, 17:48 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 13:03:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 01:07:
This is fucked up...

http://kotaku.com/new-gamestop-program-leads-employees-to-lie-to-customer-1791874332
Who the fuck still goes to a gamestop?

I assume console gamers for consoling.

News Comments > ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit
33. Re: On Sale Feb 2, 2017, 12:44 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 08:10:
What is really needed though is a 2nd gen of VR goggles that somehow offload the majority of computations or at least offer image quality and lenses (where are adaptable bio-lenses????) improvements.

This is what has to happen to get the next tier of consumers into the mix.

32. Re: ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit Feb 2, 2017, 12:43 HorrorScope

DangerDog wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 03:35:
Task wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 22:56:
Well shit, was hoping to buy an Oculus one of these days, hopefully this doesn't affect them making more. I guess there's always the VIVE.

I bet the VIVE project gets shelved too.

Eventually they'll have the technology to put super high res screens into something as comfortable as a pair of glasses, the bulky things they have now will never be a mainstream success.

But that can all just be Vive 5.0 or something like that or another name, but roots all back to Vive. There was some display tech I was reading on last night where pixel density and latency barriers were shattered, both would be solid benefits to VR. To me though they still need to get that cost down some for not even mainstream success, which I don't care about that.

31. Re: ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit Feb 2, 2017, 12:40 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 00:50:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 00:29:
Well shit, was hoping to buy an Oculus one of these days, hopefully this doesn't affect them making more. I guess there's always the VIVE.

That was one of the things they won, they can still make VR systems to sell.

Too bad, they could have done us all a favour by dreamcasting the rift down the drain. There are other OpenVR solutions, there's not only 2 players in the market, so it still wouldn't be a monopoly, but the Vive is the far superior, elegant solution.

For all the hate that I heap on Valve for their garbage practices with Steam, they do make one hell of a VR system, and they're supporting the ecosystem too. Respect where it's due, Valve hit it out of the park with the Vive. And if them continuing to support their mostly irrelevant SteamOS and Steam Boxes for years and years, at least we can assume that the steam VR team will keep this experiment going for many years to come, even if VR as a whole doesn't take off.

I like the Steam Controller and Link to! Yeah they do us all a solid. PC Gaming has never been in better shape for the consumer.

17. Re: ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit Feb 2, 2017, 00:29 HorrorScope

That was one of the things they won, they can still make VR systems to sell.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Feb 1, 2017, 20:12 HorrorScope

Great VR tour, Finland looks nice.  

News Comments > BioWare on Their New IP
13. Re: BioWare on Their New IP Feb 1, 2017, 19:18 HorrorScope

It's going to be huuuge! No one likes new ip's more than Bioware.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2017, 17:37 HorrorScope

Zenimax just won big.

This comment was edited on Feb 1, 2017, 17:55.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Early Access
32. Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Feb 1, 2017, 17:16 HorrorScope

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 13:04:
Will this be the nail in Funcoms Coffin?

I'm hoping they found a home, they always reached to far out being married to mmo's only. This looks like something they can handle. I'm looking forward to see how it progresses.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2017, 17:09 HorrorScope

BobBob wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 15:11:
Are my comments often incoherent or stupid? I rarely get responses to things I say. Just wondering ...

It's one of a hundred scenario's and our opinion means nothing. Trump has said he likes to keep things simple, which I think that is a key difference between fans of the parties. Some thinks it is common sense simple, while others think life's a bit more complex then that and certainly at this level. I'm pretty sure it started simple long time ago and became complex as the sitch's came in.

Now can the system use a re-review? Certainly. I hope in the end that is all that is happening here and won't be that destructive. But think of those in HB1 that are affected, this is a major life change in the middle of nowhere for them, obviously Trump being Prez was a major negative to their best interest. So how many of us are going to get life altering news because of simple immediate changes? The Question that needs an answer.

That is why I'm a fan of a little bit better than yesterday and why not? I'm told to plan plan plan and look the fuck here I planned... now you are just going to make sweeping changes that can affect life long plans the system told me to do, that are now obsolete? BS man. I did all the things. I haven't been a drain.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 1, 2017, 16:13 HorrorScope

There will be people they hack into that will adversely effect the hackee due to overwhelming stupidity gained instantly. Tread with caution.  

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Patch Adds Tek Content
15. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Patch Adds Tek Content Feb 1, 2017, 12:58 HorrorScope

Grokk, exactly...

As you mention it is interesting playing games like this, you try a build out for a month, then go do something else, wait for a few more big updates, circle back around and see what's new for a month. These type of games are fun, can't wait for the whole package. Being able to run your own server with your own rules is a game changer that a boring mmo will never have the balls to do.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 1, 2017, 12:53 HorrorScope

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 12:14:
Personally if Ryzen is even close to competitive I will probably build a new system with it. Just tired of Intel's lack of innovation and lack of price drops on it's chips. Getting fed up with Nvidia too.

Shit Nvidia has been improving very steadily over the years and the current gen was one of their best percentage boosts ever.

Remember the story the other day about the material that electricity can run through it without creating heat? It is going to take a breakthrough like that for us to see huge gains like 10ghz and more.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2017, 11:12 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 09:47:
For all the crazy shit he's done so far, this move I am 100% behind.

Actually there are a number of things he says that sounds good, him being an asshole though doesn't help sell them for me. I feel a lot of them are shallow thoughts that sounds good passing by, but many times don't consider a much grander scope. I think that is why he's popular. The friends I have that like them, have similar off the cuff thoughts, thinks it is all "common-sense", but it is like they were born last night. All a sudden things are clear and easy, no two sides, no complexity, no minuses. I look at their lives and think... "When have you known anything to be that ideal?". We say our politicians are party first, well it seems most people are that way now to, I've learned to respect moderacy, for better or worse.

6669 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo