Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6313 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 6, 2016, 13:50 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 11:58:
I just want to know when the AIB RX 480 cards will be here en masse! I need a new card!

I've read that there is a bitcoin bot that is buying them all up, can't state if true or not but everyone seems to be having issues getting a hold of one. It seems several have been moving over to 1060's due to this.

----------------

In regards to VR. Yep, time to bring the price down and start working towards the next model. That is how electronics work. I'm totally for VR, but they are at the point if it is true that the ball is in their court now to make it more attractive. I was looking at early spring 2017, but something has to have changed by then, like a $200 reduction or better gear.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface
30. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 13:43 HorrorScope

I'm going to go with if it is good and if it is priced right that I will buy it. Sure it would have been better being out years ago, I guess the benefit now is a better looking game at a lower price, I think.  

News Comments > ARK Expansion Follow-up
12. Re: ARK Expansion Follow-up Sep 6, 2016, 13:39 HorrorScope

LarryLaffer wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 11:31:
I've had more fun playing this game in the past four days than I've had on any other finished retail game this generation.

Game is as good as finished for me.

Laffman

To me that is why there are two sides...

User controlled persistent server survival games are fun! To me they are the replacement for the boring MMO scene. LET ME REPEAT: USER CONTROLLED SERVERS!!! You know the thing we've fought and lost in the FPS world many years ago, we had that and now we don't for the most part.

I get the "don't support this trend"
I don't like EA games taking forever.
I'm not a fan of EA games with paid DLC.

But there are many that have poured 100's of fun hours into these types of games that aren't made by top publishers (wasn't Epic or someone working on one?), the game for $25 has paid for itself over and over and more content just adds to the fun in which I'm sure they'll get 100's of more hours. So the $$$ to fun ration if very high in this genre. Because you may not be swept up by one, you are basically jumping into someone else fun business and telling them how things are to be done. Not a fan of that.

My main thing I want from these games is to get out of EA so they have to maintain Save and Mod compatibility. To often it's a start over again from scratch with saves and if you are modding, a total redo as the old things don't work. This gets tiresome.

I get both sides, but I also can't argue with those that have and will continue to have massive hours of satisfaction.

I personally love the genre, just wished the one's I want to play were final. I've requested to finalize their games and simply make a version 2 available in a couple years with the new stuff.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 5, 2016, 11:00 HorrorScope

ARK Dev regarding early access DLC:

"Your entire post screamed of rage because you are too cheap to pony up 20 dollars for a game worth 60 which we undercharged for in the first place"

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 4, 2016, 21:22 HorrorScope

Time to drop the price and start working toward 2.0.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
33. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 4, 2016, 21:10 HorrorScope

[SC]TherMight wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 19:57:
Never backed this because I didn't believe. Not sorry yet.

Yeah, this game is very nearly impossible for me to ever feel sorry for. If they deliver it will be worth the retail price.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
19. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 4, 2016, 16:40 HorrorScope

This is going to be episodic, correct? So they only need to put together a 3-5 hours of content out of the gate. That will be a whole nother round of bitching when it comes.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
11. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 4, 2016, 01:53 HorrorScope

wtf_man wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 00:32:
All it takes is the CPU manufactures to quit making chipset drivers that will work with older OS's, and that's all she wrote.

And that has always happened, now are they stopping it earlier than usual?

News Comments > ARK Expansion
20. Re: ARK Expansion Sep 2, 2016, 12:02 HorrorScope

Redmask wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 07:39:
This is fucking bullshit of the highest order and these devs should be shunned by the community.

They are on Steam.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 2, 2016, 11:03 HorrorScope

It isn't worth it to CBS for $1 or $2. They say they have a million now paying $6. Actually I love the idea of each station allowing the streaming of all their content on demand new or old, but it has to cost something and $1-$2 won't be worth their time. So are we in a pickle?  

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Sep 2, 2016, 00:28 HorrorScope

Yeah I'm not sure about where the EA is on this thing.

But a little checking they are saying this is the assets from a long promised game called Chaos Chronicles that was never released. It is unsure if the developers here obtained the assets or they have been stolen...

News Comments > Mess Affect: Mass Effect Remasters Hopes Dashed
15. Re: Mess Affect: Mass Effect Remasters Hopes Dashed Sep 1, 2016, 19:46 HorrorScope

Acleacius wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 10:58:
Coming from a moronic company that gave the world rehashed sports titles every year.

Well they aren't moronic because of that.

News Comments > ARK Expansion
2. Re: ARK Expansion Sep 1, 2016, 19:42 HorrorScope

Yeah confusing signals...  

News Comments > Wireless HTC Vive Plans
22. Re: Wireless HTC Vive Plans Sep 1, 2016, 19:14 HorrorScope

I see now we are going health problems if someone doesn't like something. Gaming isn't good for one's waist line. Monitors aren't particularly good for eye sight. Keyboards can be bad for wrists. Make sure to keep proper posture in that seat.  

News Comments > Wireless HTC Vive Plans
7. Re: Wireless HTC Vive Plans Sep 1, 2016, 12:11 HorrorScope

It's definitely a good area to explore. I'm sure they know what will be considered acceptable or not and if they aren't close they won't sell it. It will also be nice if a wireless headset can also be wired if you choose, hope that will be optional with these, best of both worlds depending on need at the time. In a sitting experience I'm fine powered up via wires and most likely those would be the longer sessions as well.  

News Comments > NVIDIA's Fallout 4 Mod
17. Re: NVIDIA's Fallout 4 Mod Sep 1, 2016, 01:26 HorrorScope

Nvidia should be doing more of this, the best way to sell your hardware is make things that really show it off.  

News Comments > H1Z1: King of the Kill Next Month
7. Re: H1Z1: King of the Kill Next Month Aug 31, 2016, 18:55 HorrorScope

Listen these guys are fighting for their lives and are trying to figure out whatever could work. Obviously these forever early access survival games are a dime a dozen, so they went another direction as well and I guess it paid off some.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 31, 2016, 18:51 HorrorScope

maddog wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 18:28:
UPS and USPS are the ones who should be worried. FedEx's niche is overnight. They own the overnight space.

With the proliferation of Amazon distribution centers, more and more Amazon trucks will be on the road.

USPS has nothing to worry about, they will be subsidized in whatever they may need. No one customer of Fedex's represents more that 3% of revenue. But yes, the overall volume is going to be dominantly short area ground, which means regional carriers play a large roll in this as well and they are cheaper than Fedex or UPS on average.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 31, 2016, 17:24 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 16:11:
Even if Amazon kills Fedex, so what? The packages still need to be delivered, Amazon will still need to hire drivers, and there'll be a ton of freshly fired drivers available who need a job.

You'd probably see the same guy delivering your stuff, only now he's wearing an Amazon uniform rather than a Fedex uniform.

I've actually always wondered why Amazon didn't just buy Fedex.

They looked into it and didn't like the overall process in which the Express network works I believe it was. The other thing we aren't talking a lot of planes here and they don't want a lot of planes. The planes are just to move some product around quickly in a pinch. They want to be able to ship ground from a very local warehouse on finished goods and be smart enough to be able to replenish the warehouse via line haul. Air is for the things that don't work out as planned and that will cost them a lot more, money losers they'll see.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta
37. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 13:29 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 11:16:
Beamer wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 11:03:
I feel like, with every BF game, the response is always "this is garbage. The last game was so much better, I'm just going to keep playing that."

Yeah, me and a couple friends went back to BF2 because it looked like BF1 had sort of an oldskool vibe going on (it totally does). And when back in BF2 it was JESUS CHRIST! do my bullets ever go where I'm aiming? Why can't I see anything? Why can I only run in a straight line?

Don't trust the rose-tinted nostalgia glasses, after BF games made the jump to frostbite, it really solved a LOT of issues with the old ones.

We're such a fucking jaded bunch it is ridiculous. We all think we are smart and we are to a point, but we do repeated stupid things in a circular pattern. But in this case this game is garbage!!!, I kid, I kid, lol.

6313 Comments. 316 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo