Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6790 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > NieR:Automata Released
18. Re: NieR:Automata Released Mar 18, 2017, 13:09 HorrorScope

heroin wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 03:06:
not really sure if this game is worth that price but seeing as how there haven't been many good games in like a fucking year and I don't expect ME:A to be any good... gave this one a shot.

Yep we all are different, there are so many good games to me that I don't have the time to even get to them. I do agree with the $60, it's been a while since I dropped that on a game, at least we have great competition going on here vs hardware.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 17, 2017, 19:04 HorrorScope

Nimh wrote on Mar 17, 2017, 14:47:
It's time to turn on https.. hosted on a site without https no less.

LOL!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 17, 2017, 19:01 HorrorScope

Yosemite Sam wrote on Mar 17, 2017, 14:37:
The moron king and his minions of idiots. If it wasn't actually happening it would be the funniest shit on tv.

It's still the funniest shit on TV.

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online Adds New Class
3. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Adds New Class Mar 17, 2017, 13:40 HorrorScope

Jagacademy wrote on Mar 17, 2017, 12:49:
carnom wrote on Mar 17, 2017, 10:19:
Scandal!

Dragonborn are a race, not a class.

The scandal is the fact that Dragonborn, and everything else added at that time, was introduced at all. Completely destroyed Forgotten Realms as a setting, and it's never recovered.

My psychiatrist keeps telling me it is just a game... still hasn't worked, recovery continues.

Still good news for those still playing, really enjoyed it, but too me to steep of a time cost trying to get back in.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access
5. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 11:39 HorrorScope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3lGKMXYOG8  

News Comments > Game Reviews
32. Re: Game Reviews Mar 15, 2017, 17:22 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 16:31:
Yeah, Ubisoft games are getting absolutely awful with it. If as a dev you have to provide menu options for players to turn shit off, you know you're just badly overdoing it.

First good convo overall, agree with a lot, some I think is overstated, but I agree we need the options. There are too many different types of players and there are different moods at different times with the same player.

Hand holding by harder-cores is always bashed, but then sometimes I play a game that is known for no hand holding and I get bogged down on what's next and that brings in a certain negative vibe with it to. I don't want to always map but worse yet, I don't want to always wiki.

Sometimes the game is an ok game to the point I want to finish it but in a get in and get out type of sense. I don't want to extended it with a "what to do next" feeling for sure. Sometimes I got something epic and I want it to last (the rarest game) and there I don't want all the hand holding, just live it. Where I find those are more in wide open games with not a ton of story, where you are sort of making it your own narrative, but were all different, some people can't even relate to that.

Ideally is a masterfully crafted game, that can be everything without the hand holding, it all is just spot on, in its story it makes it clear where and what to do next, no confusion, just happens naturally, I'm not even sure I played that game yet.

D:OS prides itself on no quest markers, one of the top complaints by users "Not sure where to go next", looks at stats... less than 10% finished the game. What are the chances those players are going to buy your next game? Answer toggle options, as a developer don't be so damn stubborn either way on what your players want, sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don't, they will lose sales because of this. Those that are hard core, mind your own 2 cents and play it with markers off. Shit I get negative replies when I suggest a toggle.

I know this, I have this back log always calling me from afar and it is telling me... "get in, get out, get next" and most games are only that good anyway, talking single player games.

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Game Reviews Mar 15, 2017, 12:53 HorrorScope

" I don't want a game filled with tedious bullshit like DA:I."

To me any game of length has this tedious/repetitiveness, even beloved Witcher. So at least have fun mechanics, I felt DA:I had fun combat and good story/acting, relative to games.

All games have a limited amount of mechanics, and once that is down... then if the game goes on for another 20+ hours, yeah you get that routine. DA:I is just one of 1000's of games that have this issue. I will give DA's this, you can switch between characters and play from their perspective, so that overall is way ahead of most games made.

I played DA:I much later on and found this complaint imo over-stated in general, played fine, though I had it all down probably in first 15 hours'ish, knew my moves and still had 10's of hours left to do the same thing.

Design wise you would think you would want your customers to try out all the unique characters, but having a 50 hour playthroughs doesn't afford many to do that.

This comment was edited on Mar 15, 2017, 13:13.

News Comments > Starbreeze Investing in System Shock 3
10. Re: Starbreeze Investing in System Shock 3 Mar 15, 2017, 01:29 HorrorScope

What console players have been begging for...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
71. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 14, 2017, 15:25 HorrorScope

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 14, 2017, 11:20:
My apologies to anyone who thinks I was acting "like a dick" to them over this mistake. It was certainly never my intention.

I know right? While I'm fine with being corrected, one could also say the person that tried to correct me blew a JFC conniption valve a little to easily over something so little as if I was rude to the King of France. Funny what becomes and issue here sometimes. lol

67. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 14, 2017, 11:19 HorrorScope

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 14, 2017, 05:01:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 19:09:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 18:44:
Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 16:53:
where is that key on the keyboard? if it was there i would have used it..
So, you were criticizing someone for getting something wrong, and when correcting them you knowingly were also wrong? With logic like that I am going to guess you work in corporate management...

To everyone, wala/walla is a saying I will not accept I got it wrong, it was right. There are plenty of words that could be used in its place though. Comprende?

Dipshit links:

http://tinyurl.com/z3d2pb7
http://tinyurl.com/jeujtdj

You are doubling down. Never double down when you are wrong. It makes you look like a dick, in addition to being doubly wrong. Harlock has a point, if you are going to use foreign words, at least make sure of getting the transliterations right. I had no idea what you were on about until he corrected you.

*sniped by several people, serves me right for not reading the thread through*

I wasn't doubling down per se, I wasn't aware of it. I did mention in further down when I got it. I didn't know it was a foreign word.

62. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 13, 2017, 22:29 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 21:39:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 20:53:
descender wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 20:38:
I'm letting you know that you are 100% wrong. They are literally not saying that in those movies. They are using a real word that has a real definition. It doesn't matter how they (incorrectly) pronounce it or how you are (incorrectly) hearing it. There are still R's in words in Boston, they just don't say them. They don't change the spelling and make up new words.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/voila

You need to give this one up...

Fair enough, I didn't know how to spell what I was hearing from a different language. It totally comes off as walla to my ears, now I know more of the origin, but it has been said throughout my life. I still used it correctly from the start, just mistyped it from not knowing the spelling of it, yeah no Spelling Bee trophies over here.

I'm happy you came around. It was kind of funny seeing you double, triple, and quadruple down on it.

Whatever, this is a particularly funny one, but we all have something we say wrong without knowing. My parents will forever call it expresso, to use an example others already have.

I wasn't aware, I thought it just a silly word they use like alacazam. We have Americanized in that way it seems to me vs how it did have a more accent in it when I first heard it so long ago. Hey, I'm up for learning and understanding.

60. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 13, 2017, 20:53 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 20:38:
I'm letting you know that you are 100% wrong. They are literally not saying that in those movies. They are using a real word that has a real definition. It doesn't matter how they (incorrectly) pronounce it or how you are (incorrectly) hearing it. There are still R's in words in Boston, they just don't say them. They don't change the spelling and make up new words.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/voila

You need to give this one up...

Fair enough, I didn't know how to spell what I was hearing from a different language. It totally comes off as walla to my ears, now I know more of the origin, but it has been said throughout my life. I still used it correctly from the start, just mistyped it from not knowing the spelling of it, yeah no Spelling Bee trophies over here.

57. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2017, 20:36 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 20:19:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 16:35:
Cutter wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 15:41:
At current reproduction rates the planet is going to see another 10 billion people on it in the next 30 years. What do you think is going to happen at that point when most of them are unemployed, hungry, and angry? Glad I won't be around for it.

Somebody to scale has had to say that over generationaly since the dawn of time. Showing age.

So several billion more people in the span of 3 decades won't lead to any forseeable problems. You seriously need to lay off the drugs. Rolleyes

Perhaps not like you allude, unemployed, hungry and angry. You know that exactly how Mr. Drug Free?

55. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 13, 2017, 20:34 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 19:36:
"Walla" is like "pasgetti" and "nucular", "expresso"...

No it isn't like that, you might think it is, but I'm letting you know there are movies etc that simply have that word in it as I've used it and they aren't using a mispronunciation of it. Is it a funny little word? Yes.

53. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2017, 20:32 HorrorScope

Orogogus wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 19:26:
Where are you getting it going back to the '20s? Those links you provided earlier don't.

Been hearing and seeing it all my life from time to time and movies portraying vaudeville type times.

But the more I think of it yes it is from the French word. The older movies I recall had a foreigners accent that sounded more like vu-walla. But has been adopted to a more english version of walla, which food channels will lay it down from time to time. Add this, add that, 15 minutes and walla! Now I'm not saying it really doesn't go back to the french word, but it is just one of those silly words, hardly something to make much note of.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2017, 20:51.

45. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2017, 19:20 HorrorScope

AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 19:14:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 19:09:
So, you were criticizing someone for getting something wrong, and when correcting them you knowingly were also wrong? With logic like that I am going to guess you work in corporate management...

To everyone, wala/walla is a saying I will not accept I got it wrong, it was right. There are plenty of words that could be used in its place though. Comprende?

Sorry I'm not jumping on you, but I had never heard the phrase "walla" used before so I hit google and thought the first result was pretty funny:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=walla

Yes since it was questioned, I did do some background on it and it is quite funny the results. As said it is a saying and it may have a dubious past because of mis-pronounciation, we're talking with a word that at least goes back to the '20's in this way. But again it is like hocus pocus, alacazam, presto-chango, bipidity bopidity boo. Do all this and poof! (I sure hope to hell poof is a word and not some mis-pronounciation of the French word gofuckyourself).

43. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2017, 19:09 HorrorScope

Dipshit links:

http://tinyurl.com/z3d2pb7
http://tinyurl.com/jeujtdj

39. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2017, 17:41 HorrorScope

Simon Says wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 17:30:
The labour for income paradigm is simply gonna have to go the way of the dodo.

This has nothing to do with the "Millennials fallacy", nor had it anything to do before this with the "Generation X fallacy". They're scapegoats, cop outs, ways to distract the culture and its sectaries from the simple fact that a currency and trade based economy is unfit and horrendously misadapted to a modern civilization and its overarching environment/resource base.

Agreed.

38. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2017, 17:39 HorrorScope

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 16:32:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 16:12:
I have a job, am American and wala it is a job in America.

the word is "voila" not "wala".. its french, not 'murican

jesus fucking christ...

Really this is a comment? Wala or walla... is a saying of "and here's the results". "You put this and that together and wala you get this". Like Presto Chango and Alacazam. Voila another fine word of many fine words. Ok.

37. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 13, 2017, 17:34 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 16:25:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 16:14:
Exactly right they are not on the most important screens to me ever... Mine. Zero. Get control of your pc's people. I can't take on the pain of the world.

No one asked you to give a fuck, you're the one saying it isn't a problem to anyone else just because it doesn't affect you. Asking average users to understand that ads = "Show sync provider notifications" is pretty dumb, much like expecting everyone else to share your technical acumen.

So don't worry, no one wants you to take on anything, go back to sleep.

So you are saying whatever a dummy gets stuck on, we all have to feel the dummies pain? That is why we are intelligent. I still like how win10 haters link articles using the new Dummy Settings Screens. All the other things you've come to know and love are still there and give you much more control, use them like you always have. Yes, lets just all go lowest common denominator now around a PC site. I'm talking to those at Blue's not at Jimbob's Facebook page. I love how we do this dumb shit to ourselves.

6790 Comments. 340 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo