Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7064 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Prey Trial Version Released
4. Re: Prey Trial Version Released Aug 16, 2017, 18:55 HorrorScope

And to rep the other side, I liked hour 1, hour 25 and all hours in-between. I think this is a great idea, I believe the first hour can give you a solid feeling for of the game.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Johnny Depp Co-Producing The Secret World TV Show
4. Re: Johnny Depp Co-Producing The Secret World TV Show Aug 15, 2017, 14:26 HorrorScope

RNG hit 20 today.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 14, 2017, 20:37 HorrorScope

I thought 10 was their last O/S?

If so, again we'll see you here when we see you here.

Win10 spies on you, so does the other electronics you have, almost assuredly. But ok, go with it. No worries, I liked 7 to.

News Comments > AMD Radeon RX Vegas Launch
27. Re: AMD Radeon RX Vegas Launch Aug 14, 2017, 20:33 HorrorScope

JSP wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 15:33:
Get the 56 with Freesync monitor, that will be enough for most if they waited for AMD until now. From what I read Vega 56 has 30 to 50 W more power consumption and exceeds 1070 in most tests. Hopefully the AIB Vega 56s will be ready by the 28th

I'm going to go with a dead-heat 56 vs 1070.

Can it get any closer with this 25 game avg?
https://www.techspot.com/review/1468-amd-radeon-rx-vega-56/page8.html

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 14, 2017, 14:09 HorrorScope

Corporations are quite interesting, but what they do promote at least verbally is to keep an image of diversity and propers, they really do. In some ways they are actually throwing weight against Trump, so in this case... dew it!

My company is one of those big ones, there could be some egregious behavior exceptionally, sure. But in general it is a proper squeaky clean environment. Now do paying customers like all our fee's? Yah no.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 14, 2017, 14:05 HorrorScope

The upgrade that some feel its a downgrade but it really is an upgrade upgrade. Oh well, choose well and if you are really smart(tm), someday you'll be the guy paying for this downgrade upgrade, that many others got for free.  

11. Re: AMD Radeon RX Vegas Launch Aug 14, 2017, 14:02 HorrorScope

How about this explanation.

We are told it takes years to get from draft to final product.

They were simply caught off guard with Nvidia crushing it between the 9xx to 10xx series. Their designs were for a generational step forward +25%, not for two or three steps forward in one round and they just now caught up.

9. Re: AMD Radeon RX Vegas Launch Aug 14, 2017, 13:20 HorrorScope

It's a 1070/1080 at.... at a little more than 1070/1080 prices. It is what you get if you are an AMD only kind of a guy. The 10xx series was a monster step forward.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 12, 2017, 13:03 HorrorScope

So you are telling me this is Darknet?

www.canadianpharmacy.com?

Yeah that's some real dark alley how the fuck did I end up here, thing. There has to be something more for it to become "dark". That's right on Time Square with a 500" ad-sign telling me "Cheap drugs here!".

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch This Week
15. Re: No Man's Sky Patch This Week Aug 11, 2017, 23:51 HorrorScope

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 11, 2017, 17:47:
PLUG,

I picked up an Oculus Rift and loaded up ELITE DANGEROUS.

Let me tell you.. it's probably the best gaming experience I've ever had. It's like VR was designed to be perfect for space flight sim.

Why does this apply to No Man's Sky No Man Should Buy? Elite is a much better game, play that instead. I goes on sale for like 15$ and horizons for 20$ too.

I bought House of the Dying Sun the other day, haven't played it yet, didn't know it had a VR patch for it until after I owned it, nice little surprise. Definitely looking forward to that and Snuggle Truck VR. Also wanting to get over the Alien Iso VR patch to. Time.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patched
10. Re: No Man's Sky Patched Aug 11, 2017, 23:11 HorrorScope

Yep, never count games still under development out.

If this becomes something very good in the end, I thank upfront all those that paid full retail to make this possible.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2017, 10:34 HorrorScope

It's a sign on how much progress we really have made. It gets me to this day working on a customers system, that I hit everything else but a reboot sometimes and when I finally come up with that sage like thought and it works... the feeling of jeeze that got me. That used to be the first and second thing you tried back in XP's day.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 10, 2017, 19:30 HorrorScope

Pigeon wrote on Aug 10, 2017, 08:48:
A quick search suggests the graphics hardware is not available to run most modern games at or near 144 FPS @4k. Even two 1080tiís in SLI are only hitting around 60FPS in many games, seems like they could wait till 2019. Though Iím sure there are a lot of people who would(will) throw money their money at them regardless, because OMG 4K144GSYNCHDR!!!!!

4k - sharper
144hz - smooth and solid, in and out of games. Never going back.

You don't need the FPS to see and feel it.

That said, I do want this someday, but I've got some years still. 1440P 144hz will be my next target in a couple years.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 10, 2017, 19:25 HorrorScope

If that google thing works, they scored a point with me today.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Early Access Phase 2 Next Week
2. Re: Conan Exiles Early Access Phase 2 Next Week Aug 10, 2017, 12:01 HorrorScope

That is probably my biggest beef with EA.

I wonder if they've programmed in Shrinkage in the cold north?

News Comments > Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales
16. Re: Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales Aug 10, 2017, 12:00 HorrorScope

Wesp5 wrote on Aug 10, 2017, 11:55:
ForgedReality wrote on Aug 10, 2017, 11:13:
On a positive note, I just picked up Prey 2017 for thirty bucks. Holy shit it's totally worth it. I mean, it starts out slowly, but I play my games slowly anyway, scrounging every little nook and cranny to try and find every little thing.

Congratulations ;)! You'll be able to finish the main story in about 5 hours (I don't know if side missions count), while visiting the same 10 plus maps over and over in a backtracking record that beats SS2 easily to stretch out a short game. You might like it nevertheless if you liked SS2 because it's basically SS3 :)...

Took me longer than 5 hours and I have ZERO problem back-tracking, it lets me gain familiarity and opinions and a feeling of each area. I mean if I hated it... man I'd sure hate real life and this fucking office and home I'm in. Yup, Prey is a good one.

News Comments > Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales
15. Re: Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales Aug 10, 2017, 11:58 HorrorScope

Timmeh wrote on Aug 10, 2017, 10:21:
No its because everyone who might buy that game is obsessed with PUBG and that style of game currently.

Other than Overwatch.

Bad timing on release. The market is different right now.

I'm mostly of this belief. To me it is incredibly difficult now to get something new established, unless you have a devote following. It has to be good, but then it has to have the whole timing/word of mouth thing going. Hey finally something a great marketing team could make a difference on, but will fail since they aren't great.

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 9, 2017, 21:13 HorrorScope

Yeah WaltC has his reasons, but to me that was a bit thick, felt fanboish. The overall cost savings to me is little since I don't upgrade mb/cpu/ram that often, so this isn't really a compounding thing.

Intel/Nvidia for many years to me were undeniably better, sure AMD was cheaper and you got what you paid for along with the heat. Their CPU's lost over a decade with me, their GPU's are in and out of being competitive.

Currently the cpu's are competitive as CJ states, as all-arounders. Pure gaming the 7700K is still where it is at, could change as multi-cores become more ingrained. Nvidia has the lead currently with GPU's no question.

I only upgrade when something is approaching near a 50% increase or better. My i7 is old enough there are procs now doing that in overall benches. I'm trying to see Intel compete here before I make the AMD call. The thing is, it will be nearly $200 more the intel setup.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 9, 2017, 14:50 HorrorScope

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 10:36:
Currently running a 1700 with fast memory and it competes with any other Intel processor.

I'm not going to say I'm done with either, I don't care about their names, but what they offer. Good to see AMD competing.

That said, if I do go new proc, yep 1600 or 1700 with fast ram is what I'm now looking at.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 9, 2017, 11:24 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Aug 8, 2017, 22:37:
Or maybe store your ammo in a more secure location that can't be destroyed by a commercial drone.

To me that is besides the point. There are many reasons drones don't need to be close to many things, military a no brainer. IMO they are a real conundrum overall. Cool yes, but it comes with a lot of issues.

7064 Comments. 354 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo