Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6025 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Elder Scrolls VI in Development
11. Re: Elder Scrolls VI in Development Jun 14, 2016, 11:24 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 11:06:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 10:59:
I believe they have mentioned possible new technology in the past and then still reverted back to their common engine. Just saying. 2017? I think his words sound well past 2017 even.

Well if they develop like any big studio this should already have been in (back-burner) development since Skyrim (2011). If they decided a new engine is needed, this would certainly explain why for Fallout 4 they pushed GameBryo to it's last legs despite saying they work on a new engine, since realistically there would not be any other way for Fallout 4 to have been released otherwise... developing an entirely new custom engine with that kind of feature set could easily take 7 years. So yeah. Probably not even 2017. But what is damn sure is that if they take that time for a new engine it will be something that blows our minds. Since it would mean they need some kind of feature that is not existent nor possible in gamebryo (likely AI / threading / world related)

All that said, as long as this isn't a MMO I am hyped.

Possibly, that could make some sense. Well how about those other two unnamed games? Bigger than anything they've done before. That's quite a statement. Daggerfall was huuuuge.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Elder Scrolls VI in Development Jun 14, 2016, 11:22 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 11:01:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 10:59:
I believe they have mentioned possible new technology in the past and then still reverted back to their common engine. Just saying. 2017? I think his words sound well past 2017 even.

Yeah, they've used the same engine for forever. It was a semi joke on my part...

But one day it will happen, I think... The only real issue I have is how game time is linked to frames generated, which is really weird for today's standards. Things like animation, imo I believe it is their team there. There were others that have used embryo and their models were not stiff like Beth's are. To me those are really the only technical things that stick out to me.

5. Re: Elder Scrolls VI in Development Jun 14, 2016, 10:59 HorrorScope

News Comments > Tyranny Trailer
10. Re: Tyranny Trailer Jun 13, 2016, 19:51 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 18:38:
Tachikoma wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 17:46:
That riff from CJ could apply to Alpha Protocol maybe, but that was some time ago and in 3D. PoE was technically sound.

Yeah. After about a year and a dozen patches.

And yet you still have MAJOR issues in recent versions of the game.

From the 3.02 patch notes (March 2016):

- Fixed an issue where some player's game would reset after completing Part 1.
- Fixed an issue where some players couldn't activate the White Forge or enter Durgan's Battery.
- Fixed an issue with the final Eyeless SI becoming stuck if you selected yourself.
- Fixed an issue where some players would get stuck at the Caed Nua End Slide.
- Fixed multiple issues where some players received black screens on load/transitioning.

^ all pretty much game-breaking bugs

Or one of my all-time favs from the 2.03 patch (which was preceded by at least eight patches so it was a bug introduced way past release):

- Fixed an issue that was causing certain quests to take experience instead of granting it.

^ BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAAA

Yup. They know what they are doing in Obsidian land. I mean just check out the patch notes of all ~13 major patches (I was not joking when I said a "dozen") since release. Literally thousands of issues were fixed and a lot of them are not exactly what you would call minor stuff.

The game was plenty playable early on. I do love the patches not only they fixed things, but they added more and more quality features. The only real thing I didn't like is it breaks mods.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 13, 2016, 18:19 HorrorScope

Seventyfive wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 10:12:
I hope the Razer gets to 4k resolution by release. I have a CV1 and no matter what anyone might tell you, it absolutely does have screen door issues.

Ahh it totally reads like they won't be, but one thing they have going is a reasonably cheaper price. Now we'll have to see how compatible they are, besides just how good it is.

It does sound like they have adjustable optics for those with glasses.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
31. Re: Prey Announced Jun 13, 2016, 18:18 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 15:21:
I sincerely doubt this cost them any real time or money to do.

Said no developer ever.

News Comments > Serious Sam VR Announced
18. Re: Serious Sam VR Announced Jun 13, 2016, 18:06 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 16:08:
^ This!

And to the dumbass who thinks this new Tech is so fucking brilliant doesn't have clue fucking one. It's a fucking gimmick, and suckers like you suck it up without hesitation.

And then you go overboard.

See know you're sounding like Cutter, like your opinion should be more than it is and this media shouldn't exist because you don't like it and then want to make those that like it think they are wrong for doing so. Walk away from it, but let the rest of us do what we like.

I bet you didn't like when people looked at you are weird for playing PC games, they probably thought you should have been out doing something else instead. You've become what you were once against.

It's not harming you. 3d movies don't harm you.

17. Re: Serious Sam VR Announced Jun 13, 2016, 18:00 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 14:50:
Jagacademy wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 13:13:
Seems like there are a lot of VR games coming out...how many people actually have VR units?

VR is seriously getting out of hand. I personally will not put some stupid VR device on my head and years from now wonder why my eyes are all fucked up like in the movie the Jerk.

And that looks lame as shit, floating weapons? Give me a fucking break!!

The first part, fine you have your opinion and choice. I hope it all leads to somewhere good. Your mom (general statement) thought you looked plenty stupid enough starring into your monitor for any period of time. So what's this nerds to nerds?

The last part, I thought the same thing about the floating guns, but then I thought to myself, for a demo perhaps they do this to make sure you know this is VR (read more replies to understand even further now), but I hope there is an option at least to add arms and hands, because in reality they are there just as much as the gun. If not in time arm and hands will be standard.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2016, 18:13.

4. Re: Serious Sam VR Announced Jun 13, 2016, 14:05 HorrorScope

Jagacademy wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 13:13:
Seems like there are a lot of VR games coming out...how many people actually have VR units?

It's going to take time for both the market to grow and their software to be completed. But with any new tech, those with the new tech will buy more software for their new tech on avg. because it is all new.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 11, 2016, 13:36 HorrorScope

Not that I can't figure it out... but they do benches and don't compare the 1070 to a 970, uhm.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
3. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jun 11, 2016, 13:25 HorrorScope

+1  

News Comments > World of Tanks Tank Football 2016
1. Re: World of Tanks Tank Football 2016 Jun 10, 2016, 20:56 HorrorScope

Looks like it's trying to ride on the coattails of something... unsure.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2: Director's Cut Free Weekend
13. Re: Wasteland 2: Director's Cut Free Weekend Jun 10, 2016, 11:15 HorrorScope

Jagacademy wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 09:19:
I downloaded it, but based on these comments, just going to delete it.

I quite liked the DC. It pretty much to me is what I expected.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 10, 2016, 11:04 HorrorScope

Yeah there is some real BS going on here with siezing property, an Oklahoma article made its way around the net a couple of days ago.

But this does seem a bit fishy to:

"51 credit, gift, and debit cards in a duffel bag located in the vehicle’s trunk"

Perhaps they should have all headed down to the station and at least run a handful through to make sure they were legit.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 10, 2016, 11:00 HorrorScope

Out now? Where?  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 8, 2016, 12:25 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 11:28:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 10:52:
Smartphones are dying.

What comes around goes around.

Ha!

Except, y'know, when people say PC sales are dying, it's because they're declining as substitutes are rising rapidly. We don't have substitutes for smartphones.

It's all part of our insanity. It's all wall street based so only emerging markets count. It hardly cares about mature markets.

Someone somehow thought a $600 dollar device would be perpetually disposable every year and people would continue to flock to it? What case study were they basing that on? Like PC's, all tech once you get to a point you are satisfied, people are going to slow down upgrading and spend money at other more pressing needs.

It's still a wonderful market imo, a device you can't see a day at this time when people won't need it. Most people will upgrade every few years. Deal with those revenue numbers, they are still gaudy.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 8, 2016, 10:52 HorrorScope

Smartphones are dying.

What comes around goes around.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
9. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 5, 2016, 18:55 HorrorScope

Bopper wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 17:30:
Holy moly I am lucky here in Finland I have 350/20 Mbps and 4G wireless on the house (that I don't even use) for 30 Euros a month.

China and US are the worlds cattle albeit in different ways. Moo.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2016, 17:18 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 14:28:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 13:12:
DRA - Didn't read article...

But yes they still need weather forecasters. They are a huge source of fear spreading by the news, which is their major function and why I know snicker when the National Anthem ends with "and the home of the brave". Brave? lol This is a nation living in fear by way too many now.

America has always been about institutional paranoia. The US was talking about the "Red Menace" before it was an actual thing. Land of the Free, so long as you conform to those right-wing, christian, republican ideals. God help you if you're a misfit in any way. God help you if question war, the military (industrial complex) or don't support the troops with some goddamned ribbon because all of them are heroes doncha know even the ones who never even came close to seeing combat or a theater of war. Just look at all the open carry nutjobs. Everyone needs to carry around assault rifles because enemies are ev erywhere doncha know?!?!?! Why the hell else would so many Americans think they need to spend more money every year on military, intel, police, and prisons than the rest of the planet combined? Boogeymen are everywhere!!! Everyone is out to get America! Everyone!!!

Finds place to argue against... can not.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 5, 2016, 14:14 HorrorScope

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 13:58:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 13:01:
Dev wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 10:43:
Youtubers in top 10 for second week? heh

Shall we hunt them down and make America grate again?

I don't think grate means what you think it means.

I think it does.

http://i.imgur.com/4diPLkp.jpg

6025 Comments. 302 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo