Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6977 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2017, 20:44 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Jul 11, 2017, 18:11:
7/11 was a minimum wage job.

That's a good min job.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
36. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 11, 2017, 20:29 HorrorScope

There is no reason to believe anything from Trump and his cronies, once again and the strongest case yet, Jr gave up the ghost that he was out looking for info and colluding with Russia to affect the vote. His words equal just that, his Hanity interview he states hey if I can get info about an opponent, yes I would do it. Well when it is a foreign adversary that is illegal and it is the whole thing that has been discussed for a long time now. They said over and over nothing happened, it happened, they admit, they knew, but they put all of us through a long lie... so why I'm a believing anything from them? Like the 6 million illegal votes. He dreamed up this whole fake news schtick that has divided us, all to try to hide his collusion, this was all to muddy the waters so we couldn't figure it out. He's a total crook. If he has a truth in there is doesn't matter at this point, we wouldn't know which one it is from the liar.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 11, 2017, 17:08 HorrorScope

Yeah im not saying I'm against free/g, I have some money but I'm also pretty frugal. What is the main reason why 60hz non-sync sucks? Screen tearing. With just 144hz screens, that alone makes it at least for me disappear. To me the free/g stuff makes a lot more sense on a 60hz panel as these faster panels take care of it now by shear refresh speed. I typically run unsyncd. A 144 unsyncd has a little less latency than even adaptive free/g if you were to measure it, very secondary concern though. I only vsync my 144 ONLY if the game runs noticeably hot and lock it at 72 frames. Non-gaming it's great to.  

20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 11, 2017, 11:38 HorrorScope

Yes 60 fps is now the new low.

Yeah I do my damage on a 144hz 27" 1080P monitor as well. 144hz is a run don't walk feature, once you have it, you know. You notice games and non-games the screen is simply smoother. I run non-vsync almost exclusively, the exception are some games may run too hot allowing it to run as fast as it can and limiting those to 72 frames (half 144), it keeps the system cool and 72 is good to. Fairly exceptional though.

Oh an amazingly, out of the blue and perfectly aligned. I was awarded a $400 deposit refund yesterday that I wasn't expecting, so I'll most likely order a Rift by EOW. To me there is plenty of content already and more and better on the way. That said, I'm still questioning overall market strategy with the two products we have, we need cheaper prices and V2's, even if V2 isn't some major leap, just improvements sends good vibes out to the people. This is not how you do consumer electronics.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Jul 11, 2017, 11:05 HorrorScope

No matter, he's right here.

To those about the adblocker issues, do some googling, there are things you can do to get around them easily. In my case I use uBlock and there a dropper icon, that allows you to get rid of any element on a web page forever and those sites with the blocks, you can just remove them.

Or how about the site that won't let you save the image? Well you'll notice with this tool they put a shield over top of it. Again with the uBlock element picker you can highlight it and remove it from that site forever and then save the image and things like that.

Or the site that won't like you highlight text to copy it, there you will notice they put a shield over the entire page. Again simply remove it once and for all, then you can copy/paster. Game changer.

Once you start using element blocker in uBlock, you'll have a new favorite hobby as you can really manipulate web sites to your liking.

But there are other methods of disabling their checks to.

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 2017, 11:18.

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 11, 2017, 11:04 HorrorScope

Did it even start? 49 out of 50 states in the end said, take a hike. Arkansas being the only one to give up their constituents records.  

18. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 10, 2017, 18:33 HorrorScope

To follow on the coat-tails of this stupidity is the PEW poll showing Republican voters think higher education is a bad thing. Yeah that makes sense to. What the fuck is with these people that claim the other side is a mental disease. Look in the mirror already.  

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 10, 2017, 17:49 HorrorScope

Yeah, that now has me thinking probably.

As for why people favor the Vive, to me it mostly goes back to when Oculus was trying to lock things down and Vive was presenting itself to be more open market. Opinions sway heavily in that arena. From those I trust, I know the Oculus is a lot more viable of a product than the general consensus is about it and in many VS's review it edges out the Vive.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 10, 2017, 12:41 HorrorScope

Luke wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 08:08:
The sad state of pc gaming

What's sad?

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 10, 2017, 12:36 HorrorScope

That was the dumbest thing I heard this weekend. Dude wants to be dicktater and it is obvious. I'm just surprised 40% of the USA that waves the flag loudly and proudly is on-board with this. Sort of paradoxical, didn't see that as a matching combo. Or it just proves it is party first (it is).

Working with them like this can assure he becomes Dicktater.

News Comments > Warframe: Plains of Eidolon Announced
2. Re: Warframe: Plains of Eidolon Announced Jul 9, 2017, 13:15 HorrorScope

I wish I had it in me to roar and cheer like that for a video game conference reveal, as if it were an Iron Maiden concert. Warframe is decent and this isn't bad, but I couldn't give it up like that for a game, I wonder why?  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 8, 2017, 18:22 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 11:52:
All your spies are belong to us.

By the time I have to install 10 on my box it might be a half decent os. To everyone who has beta tested it over the last couple of years, my hats off to you.

I get the spy worries to a point, but if you think it's been some kind of struggle running the O/S, yeah sure, ok, whatevah.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Free Weekend
3. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Free Weekend Jul 7, 2017, 01:20 HorrorScope

Praise be.

I liked the first one quite a bit, but damn if I know who my arch-nemesis is anymore.

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps
32. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps Jul 6, 2017, 20:01 HorrorScope

They've redone parts of 7D2D they didn't need to. They just really needed to balance what they had and call it a game. What they are working on now, should be known as the follow up 8 Days to Die. Great game, but now I only want to play it when it is finished. Great mods and server support to.  

12. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps Jul 6, 2017, 12:56 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Jul 6, 2017, 12:33:
Played during the free weekend a while back, and found it way too grindy. Needs to dial back (not eliminate) some of the survival mechanics so more time can be focused on the fun parts of the game.

Since they have personal servers, that part is but a few clicks away.

9. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Price Jumps Jul 6, 2017, 12:00 HorrorScope

LOL. Unsure if this was planned all along and no I'm not clicking all those links to find out. Luckily I bought it for under $10 once upon a time. I do like the genre, but have been holding out until release.

But man that sounds really steep, years, too long in EA... and then they pull this tactic? Even if always planned, still doesn't feel right now.

News Comments > Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled
12. Re: Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled Jul 3, 2017, 19:41 HorrorScope

Timmeh wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 18:14:
uh, Obama is not in office anymore...

Correct, we have this...

Infinity I tell ya!: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/207697382882672645/331525633089732608/vnUyDCR.png

News Comments > Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled
8. Re: Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled Jul 3, 2017, 16:33 HorrorScope

We're concerned with the delivery of this guy and we have the biggest idiot ever running the country?

Remember to get your fifth, for the fourth on the third.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
35. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 29, 2017, 21:57 HorrorScope

MeanJim wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 21:45:
You're making it sound like people in wheelchairs have nothing better to do than go around looking for people to sue.

You weren't replying to me, but I'm specifically targeting a specific person in a given area. It isn't like were talking a small percent of, a dozen or whatever. We are talking about a person targeting and being way over the top in how they engage business, city hall dislikes these types as much. I know I have to tip toe here not to sound like a monster, I slant liberal, but it is something you just have to be there to get the gravity of the presentation and then talk to other business to find out repeated antics. Then other areas the same, with either that same person showing up or their likeness. This is far from a proper meeting. As per the usual... right thing gone wrong and it is beyond a ramp or bathroom, it is very meticulous to the point of trolling.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
34. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 29, 2017, 21:47 HorrorScope

Orogogus wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 19:41:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 17:24:
I'm a believer they have their own organization for this and for every region in Murica, there is that wheelchair person that goes store to store just looking for trouble and heading straight to city hall to report you. If they need it or not... they will just do it.

In Southern California, the wheelchair guys don't even have to go to the business in question. They can just sue and then see who coughs up money. Some places will fight it, but others will cave because it's cheaper to settle even if they're in compliance. From friends who operate or have operated restaurants in San Diego, it seems like 100% of the restaurants here get sued, it's just a matter of when and how often. Don't know about retail stores.

Yep, if you get to witness the regs in action, it isn't some "Hey guys, you really need to help out here and do X, or else we'll have to regretfully do x.". It's fucked up as much as the next thing like a patented troll, it is a game of their own, but they get to use their handicap as weapon. I'm not against the regulation, but again unless you see them operate, you won't understand their devious actions either.

And to the comment (Not to Oro), when does the state step in an help business here? I'm not aware of that.

6977 Comments. 349 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo