Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7680 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
19. Re: Into the Black Aug 23, 2018, 10:46 HorrorScope

Strider83 wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 23:59:
That Sheldon guy was always annoying as F@CK. Couldn't ever get past that.

That is the point of Sheldon. I like the show doesn't matter if it runs for 1 or 50 years, not like I watch every minute of tv on every station and feel it's holding better content back from me watching. I haven't seen the latest years yet, as when I do catch it, it is on a local station re-runs loop. I think it progressed well with the characters along the way.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 23, 2018, 10:39 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 05:18:
Try selling to someone here on Blues?

But he used it for mining.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
17. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 23, 2018, 10:38 HorrorScope

Us old timers we do it anonymously, right? I do use facebook, but it is very very tempered, it has my damn name on it. Twitter... didn't have the need, facebook keeps in touch with family and friends in a timely enough manner. Oh well. My sons do more now on Discord than anything, good... anonymous.  

News Comments > Torchlight Frontiers Trailer
7. Re: Torchlight Frontiers Trailer Aug 22, 2018, 18:29 HorrorScope

Is it possible for an ARPG to make a game that plays near real time or just a little more and not always a blender of numbers and colors non-stop? Can't there be a world between Phase Base CRPG's and the status quo ARPG?

This offering looks pretty bad.

47. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2018, 20:30 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 21, 2018, 19:33:
Senile orange dumb fuck says Manafort conviction "a disgrace", I wonder what words he'll use to describe his imminent impeachment.

Pretty pathetic a sitting president defending a fresh convicted felon. White collar crime time needs to get some teeth fast.

News Comments > Shenmue I & II Released
1. Re: Shenmue I & II Released Aug 21, 2018, 20:28 HorrorScope

Paint Drying 1 and Paint Drying 2.  

News Comments > NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month
26. Re: NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month Aug 20, 2018, 16:49 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 16:38:
Why the fuck isn't there a boycott?

Why would there be a boycott? If you don't feel it is worth the $$$'s don't buy it. The premium they are charging, for me it better be 50% better vs last gen on standard games. Right now Ray Tracing needs to be an added bonus, since it will be a while for support and that is if it sticks.

12. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 18, 2018, 12:32 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 12:14:
Here's a good way to show netflix that you don't want this fucking shit:

https://www.netflix.com/DoNotTest

Turn that to off. If 90% of their audience turns it to off, they'll have very solid data that nobody WANTS FUCKING COMMERCIALS ON NETFLIX.

I would cancel in a heartbeat if they start showing actual commercials. Fuck you and your investors, Netflix.

It is interesting, the Netflix we watch usually is sourced from either Dish (built into that service now) or our Blu Ray players. I don't have that option you show, but I haven't seen a commercial either using these set top boxes. My wife watches Netflix a lot more, I'll have to ask. But good to know on the pc link.

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2018, 11:22 HorrorScope

LiTh wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 10:37:
Having gone from a 460gtx 1gb to a 1080ti i'd say nope, you have 3 more generations to endure... lol

I'm still amazed at how the 460-480's hold up, but man that had to be a massive bump.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2018, 11:20 HorrorScope

Thing with pc's, the internet and a lot of people, when something happens to you, there are always others that it has happened to as well. So it's easy to feel "we got a big problem", I wont say this particular one is or not, but it's easy to fall into belief.

Using Win10 for a while now, haters be damned, you can see the difference here vs all their previous O/S's. They really are adding new features and tweaks as they go along, it's real and it is a nice model (as long as they still allow me to admin my system). It makes the O/S more dynamic and fresh. I hope this is to be the last win O/S they release as they allude to. I like this plan better as updating to a new O/S's isn't some great "can't wait for it moment" either. USE FULL SYSTEM BACKUPS AND PC LIFE IS BETTER, ITS INSURANCE FOR YOUR PC.

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2018, 12:39.

4. Re: Into the Black Aug 18, 2018, 11:09 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 05:07:
I just don't see what this series could do that the movie hasn't done already.

Well one thing is to not be in the same time line, so if we assume the world did not end with Watchmen, it tells life after. I can see it. I will say Watchmen the movie was amazing and it was a very complete message. If this new offering sucks, it wont take anything away from the original as I can totally separate the two if need be. Sort of like games and follow ups.

This and The Witcher will be interesting to see how they turn out.

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 18, 2018, 11:02 HorrorScope

Redmask wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 09:36:
It's a test bed to see if consumers will tolerate it, the next step is actual commercials from advertisers.

Then it is happening, history proves it. I get everyone wants mucho grande value for their dollar and time, but we live in a capitalistic world with mouths to feed. Sure I'm for free and no commercials, but there still is a huge difference between say a commercial between a whole episode and commercials during and NFL game. I guess I'm negotiable. But fight the fight guys!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 17, 2018, 14:11 HorrorScope

"At first, groceries will be delivered via Nuroís fleet of self-driving Toyota Prius and Nissan Leaf vehicles, and each car will have a safety driver behind the wheel."

Really no different than what everything else has been doing.

News Comments > The Bardís Tale IV: Barrows Deep Wishlist Initiative
7. Re: The Bardís Tale IV: Barrows Deep Wishlist Initiative Aug 17, 2018, 13:17 HorrorScope

WaltC wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 08:52:
Seems like a novel way to promote the game...;) Not a bad idea, and I'm in, too, although it is a bit strange for people to wishlist a game they already know for certain is coming...!

Can I offer a suggestion why that isn't strange?

Now the first thing I'm going to mention people will feel is strange.

I have 800 games in my Wishlist, Horrorscope, NO!!! WHY?

I will put a game on my Wishlist that has any resemblance on something I could like, I'm pretty liberal/rounded here as you see.

But what makes it nice is each weekend, start of the week or special sale. I can go to my Wishlist and with their newer filtering system. I can say "List all games 50% off or more" or "75% off or more" or some other type of filter. Now I see just those and it is ranked by User Review Score. It also remembers, so it is typically set at 75%, so my Wishlist automatically just shows those by default.

Now I'm just looking at games I'm semi-interested in that are on a fair sale. Takes no time to go through that list, sometimes it 5-10, others maybe 25.

So every couple times a week, I'll go through the "What's new" or see something here at Blue's new to Steam. If interested I'll put it on my Wishlist, so it's a pretty streamlined process.

When it's on sale at the right prices, even if I don't know a lot about it, that is the time I'll do some digging.

There is a point if a game is 75% off or more and I consistently still do not buy, I'll remove it.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 17, 2018, 13:06 HorrorScope

"Google updated its site to admit it still tracks you even if you turn off Location History." I mean come on now... yeah we need less regulation.  

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 16, 2018, 23:18 HorrorScope

It's funny reading people on what the costs is going to be? Do you think the 1080 will drop massively.

It's not like we don't have a lot of history. The new product will be close to what the last model cost, it doesn't matter that it is a lot better, just how it works. And no the old gen card doesn't drop much at all.

But they think this time it might, they've been thinking this since the start and it doesn't hold. Hey but lets think both of these are going to happen this time.

4. Re: Into the Black Aug 16, 2018, 10:48 HorrorScope

I don't find it uncanny, in fact if you had asked me who their dad was, doubt I'd get it.  

News Comments > CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds
21. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 16, 2018, 01:20 HorrorScope

SlimRam wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 22:09:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 21:37:
SlimRam wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 21:26:
Hell, the comments on this article have to go long. I mean, if we've already got Chris Roberts and Derek Smart in the same piece; all we need now is to have Sean Murray show up somewhere in the article and this comment section's going to 200 posts, easy, we're talking trifecta here!

What do you call the piece with Chris Roberts, Derek Smart, Sean Murray, and Peter Molyneux? A Quadfecta!
While we're at it, we might as well throw in Phil Fish from Fez to complete the full circle of game developer buffoonery

Yep and purposefully leave Cliff B out so he get all pissed off not being invited.

News Comments > CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds
5. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 15, 2018, 20:30 HorrorScope

Kxmode wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 20:18:
Grab a cozy chair and blanket, toss some popcorn in the microwave, and buckle up for a 100+ comment thread

We're better than that.
No we're not.

News Comments > The Bard's Tale Trilogy Begins
12. Re: The Bard's Tale Trilogy Begins Aug 15, 2018, 16:16 HorrorScope

Last night was my first Bards Tale experience. I didn't know that is how combat worked at all.

Now this is a remastering. I'd give fair dollars if other big games of the day like this were given this kind of treatment. This is a total makeover, no 8 bit stuff here.

So do you remember the Fallout 76 presentation at E3 where they had that one actor sitting on his sofa and talking DnD to Alexis? This game how it does combat, WOULD BE PERFECT FOR THIS and make it even more of a laid back game. I could be in my private office and play this on the side via voice. I'd love to see a game attempt that, ponders what that would take to do in Unreal or Unity...

7680 Comments. 384 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo