Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7636 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of "New" Designation
30. Re: Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of Aug 12, 2018, 21:37 HorrorScope

Random analogy, if but buy a new car, don't drive it, can I sell it as new still? Not that any of this ties in with the story at hand, just wondering what people think about that?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of Aug 12, 2018, 21:35 HorrorScope

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 18:54:
There is a lot of talk about IF, what If it is new, does not opening the package now void the warranty? Strange this is now an issue as Bethesda is launching an online store.

FWIW they've had an online store for a while now.

21. Re: Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of Aug 12, 2018, 18:30 HorrorScope

It is a different argument and one not really worth any of our time. It's a small side show of a story, but like always we know best and it's important!  

News Comments > Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale
54. Re: Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale Aug 12, 2018, 12:02 HorrorScope

Don't sell box copies to the public then.

We know Zenimax is a sue happy group, I like to think there is another side to this story where it makes a little more sense for them.

Good there was an update and here are their comments:

Bethesda does not and will not block the sale of pre-owned games. The issue in this case is that the seller offered a pre-owned game as “new” on the Amazon Marketplace.

We do not allow non-authorized resellers to represent what they sell as “new” because we can’t verify that the game hasn’t been opened and repackaged. This is how we help protect buyers from fraud and ensure our customers always receive authentic new product, with all enclosed materials and warranty intact.

In this case, if the game had been listed as “Pre-Owned,” this would not have been an issue.

I'm sure this doesn't make an angry gamer happy, what does? It is more reasonable in what and how they state it, it can be sold but still as used and not new.

News Comments > Madden NFL 19 Kicks Off
2. Re: Madden NFL 19 Kicks Off Aug 10, 2018, 12:03 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Aug 10, 2018, 11:38:
Watched some of the Bills game last night. Allen looks like he'll do just fine in the NFL. Also managed to find a live stream to watch the Packers game last night. Sweet.

In the case someone is having a hard time finding NFL or NBA streams, there is a reddit that gives those out each day r\nbastreams r\nflstreams. Make sure you are using something like uBlockOrigins.

What I laugh at is people that complain about pops/malware etc... YOU HAVE TO ASSUME TO USE UBLOCK OR THE LIKE FOR SERVICES LIKE THIS. You are nuts doing an illegal livestream without them.

As for Madden 19 for some good laughs follow threads that post Madden glitches. Funny, bizarre shit, people are teleporting at an alarming rate being one of the common themes.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
16. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Aug 8, 2018, 18:38 HorrorScope

Acleacius wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 12:41:
Personally the Dark Brotherhood was complete let down, it broke most of the lore from all the other games. I wouldn't suggest buying it unless it comes with some package deal.

It's basically just murder innocents for your daily quest. At least the Dark Brotherhood had some depth to it in the past.

It gives you the blade of woe, so you can murder NPC's (no one's innocent) throughout the game not just DB, to double dip on pickpocket, assassinate loot.

Hopefully Fallout 76 is good and leads towards a coop Elder Scrolls, however I'm sure they will protect ESO turf some.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
11. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Aug 8, 2018, 11:01 HorrorScope

ItBurn wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 02:08:
My friend refuses to play MMOs. I hate them too actually, but I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan. Do you have a way of convincing us to play this?

It's a bit of a mixed bag but has improved tremendously since the first year or two. I hate mmo's in general and I'm playing it because of a friend and it surprised me. DDO is my fav even though I haven't played for years, it's very deep in character progression and it's a lot to catch up on and dungeon mechanics are excellent. GW2 is pretty good, ESO is pretty good to. For reference. Wow was fun way back when mmo's were still somewhat fresh, it feels terribly outdated now.

The thieving and assassin aspects added a lot to gameplay, you need to buy the Thieves and Brotherhood DLC or pay $15\mo for access to all DLC. This really added a dimension that no mmo I've played has (DDO does, but not at this level) and it is really cool. When I last played ESO world loot were mind numbingly trivial with little to no value, boring as shit. Now with stealing, assassinate and pickpocket you can get a lot more gold than before and with a bounty system if caught, it all works pretty well. Was very surprised by this, to me it's a go to feature of the game and makes it standout, I would have quit again without these two features.

The quest stories in general are above mmo averages, which is quite low. Voice acting and what they say is pretty good and sensical.

The gear treadmill while you can still level it, is decent for a mmo, but make no mistake every mmo keeps #'s every closely in check, my #1 complaint of mmo's. They all are too tightly of a controlled spreadsheet, gives them a stale feeling. Somehow they need to find a way to get the ARPG loot/character building formula into mmo's, if only for PvE, in the name of fun.

My #1 issue with the game and it was then as now, is how the questing system works. As you mention you and a friend, so that tells me you want to 2-man the game. Well when people here say "you can play it all solo", well the whole main story you can only play solo, that's a bummer. Some Guild story lines and dailies are only solo to. So it's not ideal for a group actually. It's nice if you are a 1 man show, but to me it's a negative when you come with a group.

It also has the most aggravating quest phasing system. Let me see if I can make sense of this to the audience... If two of you start together and only play together, you can stay in sync and anything that isn't forced solo you can play together and that will play out well. However if you want to pug or quest a little on the side without you main partner, you start to get out of sync in quest lines, not even main. There are all kinds of branching quests in ESO, tons. What you will find is you say "go up to this guy and get the quest" "I can't see it, they aren't there!" "What?" and now your indoctrination to this system begins and it will nawl at you. Or go into a town that you liberated but your friend did not, cause you wanted to do a little something on the side and inside town you see sunny happy traders for you, your friend see's dreary skies and Daedra to fight. When you get within range of this area, you phase into different areas on the fly, you become invisible to one another, you will see an arrow that represents the other so you know they are there, but really are in two different worlds. This is phase instancing, you two aren't in balance with this particular quest line, there is no way to balance it unless you know who's in front of the other and have the lagging member catch up. There isn't a "Are you ok to move forward in your quest?" option when doing these.

So I've had two stints with ESO. The first time we got to 45 and I just had to bow out, mind numbing. Over the next couple years, they played their character more. He later asked for me to play more with him, he got a new character to 45 to match mine, he did world quest grinding not the main story or guild stories. When we got back together we were totally out of sync, we could run the open world, but too many areas and quests were out of jive and we couldn't play together where I left off. I haven't played another mmo that is so unfriendly and to me that is a cornerstone feature of a mmo, grouping.

What we decided to do is "ok, what DLC's haven't we both done at all?" figured that out and we run those together so we stay in sync. We have areas that are all messed up sync wise and those have become solo areas for us in the case we want to do some of that. It's really a huge strike, but if you stay in sync and understand how it works, you can make it work. This would have been a game killer without the DLC's overriding the positive thieve/brotherhood features.

The Championship Point system is cool, you level to 50, then you start leveling Champ Points and that goes up into the 700's I believe now. Each point is one to add to your constellation, like Skyrim. Also any alt you make when they hit 50 they all go to the highest Champ Point one of your top character. This does make running an Alt more feasible to a casual, even though I doubt I'll ever do it. 160 CP's is the highest gear goes though, so once you hit 160 you can tweak your armor and weapons and theoretically never touch them again, a little/lot on the bore side there when that happens. Sort of the GW2 issue, you can get near max or max armor and weapons and still have 80% of the content to do, I think that is a bummer for a MMO to be so stale and stagnant with gear for 100's of hours, in such a fun category to always be upgrading.

Metric tons of content. It's a crazy amount.

Combat system is fairly good for a mmo.

I don't craft.

Get Minion for easy mod adding. Some of my favs are adding a mini-map, skyshard tracker, Gear and Skill Loadout saving, UI adjusting one's.

I'm ok with coming back to this, it has pleasantly surprised me.

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 2018, 11:21.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Blowing Off Steam
20. Re: Fallout 76 Blowing Off Steam Aug 7, 2018, 18:43 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 13:31:
I don't particularly want to have 17 fucking launchers on my system, all of which need updates every other day, but such is life.

That's MS #1 mistake for PC gaming ever. They should have had that in XP and they should have kept royalties low being an open platform. Oh well that ship sailed, where Steam ends up, we'll see. They still have plenty of hits, but definitely fewer now. I just look at launcher as part of the icon I click (or equivalent) and the sign in is just part of the process now.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 7, 2018, 18:39 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 14:30:
Sounds like those are jobs to be replaced by robots sooner than later. And if it's such a problem why not flip the cars on their side so they don't have to reach up to work.

Really there should be some type of feed directly to you from business leaders to politico's. I mean to just drop them a nugget like "What not flip the car on their side", omg their engineers never thought of that surely and for you to know that without anything else.... that makes you Trumplike. Just naturally knows everything. We really don't deserve greatness like that here.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Blowing Off Steam
12. Re: Fallout 76 Cools on Steam Aug 7, 2018, 10:32 HorrorScope

bigspender wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 03:23:
So I guess they're doing this to pass the 30% saving onto the customer yeah?

*holds in laughter*

Well we know for certain it's about not passing 30% over to Valve. I know if I felt I could get same or near sales at my own site vs paying someone else a lot for theirs, that would be a no-brainer. So I continue to state, can't fault them, 30% in today's world is a massive cost savings potential.

It looks like in time, Steam will be a AA and lower plat, and for Valve games.

Bethesda's launcher has been a part of ESO, so it's been up and working for years.

News Comments > On Star Citizen Economics
40. Re: On Star Citizen Economics Aug 5, 2018, 13:32 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 5, 2018, 11:19:
This is a really good way to make me NEVER want to play in their pseudo MMO mode,

Really that is what it has turned into, another fucking mmo, not what the people asked for.

39. Re: On Star Citizen Economics Aug 5, 2018, 13:29 HorrorScope

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 5, 2018, 07:18:
Personally I look forward to working with my friends to take down larger ships that people have invested a lot of money into. You'll be able to steal ships,

Lets say this actually plays out...

Yes I agree one of the things I'd be interested in is joining a guild that its mission is to go after the whales ships. You mention stealing, lets say you can do that, does the buyer of the ship initially get a duplicate ship back or since it wasn't destroyed, he's SOL. I know this game has insurance (for the love of), it that for destruction or stealing to, anyone out there look at their policies? That would be hilarious if you could steal a whales ship and they can't get it back. Now you have my interest.

I think I recall along the way we lost personal dedicated servers, is that correct? If so boo.

News Comments > Supreme Ruler Ultimate Goes to Trump's World
3. Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate Goes to Trump's World Aug 4, 2018, 22:14 HorrorScope

Here we go...  

3. Re: On Star Citizen Economics Aug 4, 2018, 15:13 HorrorScope

My intelligence was just insulted and my fellow angry gamer's won't take lightly to his description of PTW and Winning.  

News Comments > BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans
56. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 4, 2018, 10:52 HorrorScope

DarkCntry wrote on Aug 4, 2018, 04:33:
A subjective example would be something like the Ghostbusters remake.

Sad to see what threatens you, we have all kinds of real issues and you worry about a fictional piece of work called Ghostbusters, which was remade with girls. Have you ever sat down and contemplated about some of these things that get to you, maybe a deep rooted issue within yourself?

You know why a girls version of GB was made? Because money marketeers in Hollywood felt that was a great way to make money and they have data to back that. It was made to generate money, same as it ever wuz. If you want more sausage-fest movies gather all your buddies and start going to the movies more and support dude-movies. Go so often that you can show dem girls... not to mess with you.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 4, 2018, 10:46 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 15:23:
Pigeon wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 14:21:
Makes me wonder what happened

He's under investigation for corruption. Apparently if you do a few good things, you can then go "See? Not everything I do is for the benefit of the corporations who have their hands up my ass!" and then everything will be forgiven, and he can go back to giving Sinclair, Comcast and AT&T everything they want and fuck the American public.

That is why we can't win, we can't give all our days to the 'cause. They can because that is their job.

News Comments > Star Citizen Ground Battle Video
42. Re: Star Citizen Ground Battle Video Aug 3, 2018, 23:31 HorrorScope

Calling it now. Star Citizen Battle Royal comes first, if it flops. End. If it's a moderate success Star Citizen carries on. If it's huge, Star Citizen forgotten. Cool story none-the-less.  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Aug 3, 2018, 15:46 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 13:15:
Flash sales were the best part of Steam sales. The sales are virtually meaningless now without them.

That's just wrong overall, the sales the have are still big ass sales with some games being the lowest they ever have at that point and many at over very near. It's the single biggest concentration of games I buy. Sure I buy less these days than several years ago, because I already have too many. But to think they are meaningless, you're an old poop. That said, I have no problem with flash sales.

News Comments > Madden NFL 19 PC Gameplay Footage
1. Re: Madden NFL 19 PC Gameplay Footage Aug 2, 2018, 10:37 HorrorScope

This and the one last week... it seems like the NFL has a mandate for these, show...
NFL Thursday Primetime
NFL Thursday Primetime
NFL Thursday Primetime

What looked amazing was someone playing Madden on an extra-wide monitor.

News Comments > Chasm Opens Up
12. Re: Chasm Opens Up Jul 31, 2018, 19:36 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 11:44:
I know some people like this kind of stuff, but man, I feel like we are stepping backwards in time with all these side scrolling games. Just not my thing.

There are just so many games that anything you don't like, there will seemingly be an ocean of them. I thinks it's great they are making these game, there are people out there that love them. I like them, but not great at them, but I don't like them more than other offerings. If there were only 5 games released a year, I'd play the shit out of this.

7636 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo