Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6319 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 23, 2016, 22:48 HorrorScope

Was talking to son recently, imo there aren't a lot of real re-make/next in series IP's that haven't been done now. This deserves a follow up. I don't ever recall it really ever being bad mouthed. Sort of like Vampire. Not sure why the industry misses on these.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sky Break Released
4. Re: Sky Break Released Oct 23, 2016, 22:34 HorrorScope

SM0k3 wrote on Oct 23, 2016, 19:42:
No Man's Sky pt 2? but at an appropriate price.

This is like that?

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Oct 23, 2016, 12:42 HorrorScope

If that is the main reason, there are mods that you can become god-like with Oblivion and Skyrim as well. Yes mods.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Oct 23, 2016, 12:37 HorrorScope

Now Linux isn't safe. What in gods name are we to do? I'll just stay with windows for now, until the great O/S hope appears.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
15. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 23, 2016, 12:31 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Oct 23, 2016, 11:18:
I think super intelligent AI would quickly become incomprehensible to humans. Their goals and ways of thinking would be beyond us. Even the fundamental goals we take for granted, like self-preservation, or procreation, may be completely irrelevant to an AI.

The sci-fi idea of a race of AI deciding we're a threat and killing us is based on huuuge amounts of projecting human thinking onto a potential super AI. A super AI might not even have the concept of something being a threat to it. It may not value its own existence in that way or see any value in ending something elses existence.

These machines are not likely to think like humans at all for very long. Sure, the first few generations will be very human like and retain a lot of our influence. But as our ability to influence them grows smaller, each generation will be less human than the last. Though they will be our own creation, they may quickly become more alien to us than any organic species that may exist in the universe.

Interesting, perhaps AI ends up being similar to cancer cells we all have that some never activate in people, while others do. The AI as you say doesn't comprehend things like we do, it destroys not only us, but the universe with how fast it can think and spread. The universe is just another living thing on a scale we can't comprehend. In it's reality it just succumbed to cancer and died.

AI really is something that is totally wide open for good or worst possible scenario you can ever dream up. Without a doubt mankind is out of its league and I don't care who promises "it's safe!". Man could very well be working on its extinction.

I'm not as gloom or doom though in general day to day as some have painted here. Some want a reboot... until playing computer games is interrupted for the reboot.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
14. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 23, 2016, 12:21 HorrorScope

VaranDragon wrote on Oct 23, 2016, 08:31:
Stephen is a pretty smart guy, but I think he kind of misses the point here while being right at the same time. If we ever create a pure AI it is likely that eventually it's acomplishments will surpass human ones, making humankind kind of irrelevant and superfluous. There is no reason to believe that it will somehow turn on us, destroying us in the process. I think it's far more likely that it will simply leave us behind while it advances scientifically and technologicaly to a level that we cannot even imagine considering our own limited biological "hardware" and "programming".

Semi-interesting thought, religious types always assume a superior being created us and is all powerful. In this case you suggest an inferior but intelligent being created a better being, for it to run with the ball and see how far it can go. That inferior being not being a god in any way we really measure it, jut intelligent to a point, no real power or eternal promise.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 23, 2016, 12:15 HorrorScope

Your only possible hope for obscurity is disconnecting the rj45 from your machine.

Since I have a smart phone, been mined for years, this news like win10, don't rile me up so much. Game was over in terms of anonymous a long time ago.

This doesn't mean I like it, but that I've accepted reality. Hopefully there are benefits for the user and society when others have information like this.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 PC Delay; Specs
23. Re: Watch Dogs 2 PC Delay; Specs Oct 19, 2016, 12:30 HorrorScope

Well if the pc extra's aren't in it, definitely hold it until they are. Otherwise you are going to get your asked kicked in user reviews.  

News Comments > Streamship Ahoy - Farabel
4. Re: Streamship Ahoy - Farabel Oct 15, 2016, 12:16 HorrorScope

I'm cool with this idea.it isn't like we dont have dozens of other typical tb games to play.  

News Comments > New WoW Game Director
6. Re: New WoW Game Director Oct 14, 2016, 11:33 HorrorScope

Legacy Server is nothing more than throwing a bone to loud-mouths that continually live in the world "It was better when...". Some actually would prefer it and many will realize "oh I guess I look back at it better than it actually is". There isn't Blizzard type monetary returns doing it.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2016, 21:16.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Update
33. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Update Oct 13, 2016, 13:18 HorrorScope

shiho wrote on Oct 13, 2016, 03:15:
I have no pity for most people who pre-ordered or bought this game.

It was crystal-clear from its inception that it's going to be another Spore. There was no "what if". It was just going to be crappy procedural models inside a bland gameplay loop. The more time passed, the clearer that became, to the point where even a dog should've gotten it already. The vague pie-in-the-sky promises, the fuzzy-wuzzy videos with no real gameplay shown...

But I guess there's a sucker born every minute. I feel no pity for any seasoned gamer who bought it, period. The only people I pity, are the clueless teenagers or their moms ordering this game for them. Those are the innocent casualties of Sean Murray's scumbaggery.

Site needs a like system.

+1

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 13, 2016, 11:42 HorrorScope

A pc gamer != to overall pc sales.

Perhaps PC gamer is down to, but this article is making a bad assumption.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 11, 2016, 20:00 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Oct 11, 2016, 19:47:
Subscription article.

Yep shouldn't post articles from there or places like Forbes with their anti-add blocker stuff.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Skyrim Special Edition
9. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Special Edition Oct 10, 2016, 20:58 HorrorScope

Is there more to it then some gfx fluff?  

News Comments > Mafia III Patched
3. Re: Mafia III Patched Oct 9, 2016, 15:24 HorrorScope

jimnms wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 15:10:
Pathetic. This is all shit that should have been there at release, not in the first patch. I wonder if their Steam review rating will recover.

I just realized I haven't read any reviews of the actual game to see if it's any good.

Correct, these PR people need to realize the Steam rating gets killed with things like this and it hurts sales for realz. So they spend a couple days to get some of the low hanging fruit... why not just hold or simply know you have to have it done before release? Same shit over and over.

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Funded; Stretch Goals Detailed
16. Re: Wasteland 3 Funded; Stretch Goals Detailed Oct 9, 2016, 15:22 HorrorScope

D:OS had stretch goals they totally fell short of, and imo they did the same thing the 2nd time around. Learn please. These are weak, but it shouldn't be over-selling.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
16. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 9, 2016, 12:46 HorrorScope

Rigs wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 02:15:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 21:13:
Ozmodan wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 20:54:
it will be a long time before I let a car self drive me. They need to make major improvements to the AI before I will ever trust that. like that fool who was watching a dvd when his car went under a truck, sorry no way would I take that chance.

An autopilot is NOT autonomous driving, at no point ever should you switch an AP on and go away doing something else. Why do you think pilots sit in the cockpit even today, or why do you think ships are driven by a crew, and not the AP ? Hell, ship AGI is maybe 7 or 8 years out, and the main problem is docking and undocking as the ports have to be mapped and they need to support such drone vessels. With cars we are maybe 12 years at most away from a full feature AP... but totally autonomous? As in drone taxis? Yeah no. Maybe in few big cities that are exceptionally well mapped, but not on the whole national street network.

The problem is that Tesla marketed this technology totally wrong. An AP is never ever supposed to replace a human at the wheel.

So when Uber gets their self-driving taxis, will there be a driver in the seat? That seems counter-productive if there is, as that person could just drive instead. Now I'm confused...

=-Rigs-=

Right. A Pilot as well has warning systems and time to adjust. Driving you are feet away and if the AI system falters, you won't be on your game quick enough to make the correction.

Supposedly there are totally automous cars out there now with no one driving them. If they are ok, then I don't see why it would be the responsibility of an owner in their own car.

But whatever I'm cools with brake assist and blind side, those are the one's that can get anyone in a split second, if the car can catch those, I'm good.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 8, 2016, 17:10 HorrorScope

^Like this guy.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 8, 2016, 17:09 HorrorScope

Just like your phone...  

News Comments > Mafia III Framerate Concerns
18. Re: Mafia III Framerate Concerns Oct 7, 2016, 00:51 HorrorScope

By 1pm EST a hacker will have this sorted out for us.  

6319 Comments. 316 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo