Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6831 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale May 5, 2017, 21:09 HorrorScope

edaciousx wrote on May 5, 2017, 20:39:
a flash sale, really?

Yeah I just rushed to get in before they ran out of supply. Smart!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo
41. Re: On Sale May 3, 2017, 18:21 HorrorScope

gilly775 wrote on May 3, 2017, 14:49:
So those of us that have bandwidth caps get f'd in the end by not having a demo which could be less to download. Ooook. Here's a game I won't be buying then....

We'll find any angle to play and play it hard, even an old one like this. Circular conversation, I guess you don't play many different things if demo's are required.

39. Re: Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo May 3, 2017, 18:17 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on May 3, 2017, 14:34:
Gadzooks wrote on May 3, 2017, 11:54:
I hope tons of people buy, and then refund on steam, and totally screw up their metrics for sales after this.
It will mess up their metrics system so bad that they will start using the Imperial System.

Ok I laughed at that one, it's a tough crowd here these days. I'm fairly confident this will be a fun play, that doesn't mean go out and pre-order now Johnny.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: .. May 3, 2017, 11:15 HorrorScope

JeffD wrote on May 3, 2017, 10:58:
After several weeks of building and testing OTA and streaming boxes and services, yesterday we officially turned in the boxes and hooked up my own cable modem to an internet only cord cutting. Sling and direct tv now offer much of the cable experience for much less money and equipment management, and none of the additional fee charges.

Did you marry an add-on box to OTA to allow you to DVR it? If so what did you decide upon? Did you compare PS Vue to the other you mentioned?

5. Re: Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo May 3, 2017, 10:22 HorrorScope

If concerned wait a day for user reviews. Big whoop.  

News Comments > Skullstone Gets Greenlight
6. Re: Skullstone Gets Greenlight May 1, 2017, 20:44 HorrorScope

Of the small indy devs after Grimrock, I would say Fall of the Dungeon Guardians probably did it best. They have some new things going on with UI and Combat that gives it something different.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse May 1, 2017, 11:24 HorrorScope

Live Streaming TV has two issues:

1. It isn't as reliable as cable/satellite.
2. Putting everything on my Internet usage can be costly as well with caps.

OTA is viable for many, yep.

News Comments > Skullstone Gets Greenlight
2. Re: Skullstone Gets Greenlight May 1, 2017, 11:15 HorrorScope

Sacrifice wrote on May 1, 2017, 11:05:
It looks almost identical to Grimrock. I like dungeon crawlers and will keep an eye on this. Hopefully it isn't just a rip-off.

Yeah there are quite a few of these now, a couple bring a little something new, but it seems too many are just a new coat of paint. There are plenty of ways to take this genre further ahead vs same thing again.

News Comments > Planescape: Torment- Enhanced Edition Plans
2. Re: Planescape: Torment- Enhanced Edition Plans Apr 30, 2017, 16:26 HorrorScope

"In other studio news, our longtime Project Lead, Alex Tomovic, has decided to step away from the gaming industry to take a lofty, high-profile position in corporate IT management."

Smart man.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 25, 2017, 21:09 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Apr 25, 2017, 13:12:
? Weird. I've got Witcher 3 screenshots slideshowing on multiple monitors without issues on Win10.

Different images on each or the same image on both, in slideshow?

I just go with different images, but not in a slideshow.

News Comments > Alien Isolation Sequel Rumored
25. Re: Alien Isolation Sequel Rumored Apr 25, 2017, 21:04 HorrorScope

I thought for what this is, it was great. For AI2, perhaps if there was some way to make the alien completely dynamic vs some levels there is no alien presence and some levels there is always one would be cool. Be able to play a game of diversion with the alien.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
22. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 23, 2017, 12:29 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Apr 23, 2017, 04:40:
Someone had to do it... it's "Voilą" not "Viola" which is a string instrument, and definitely not "Walla" which is just baby-talk. :<

I'm getting closer!

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2017, 16:29 HorrorScope

Aren't their stars and such that state you should incorporate yourself? Then viola (walla [snickers]), you to can now have enhanced rights beyond a mere mortal. When that settles in, you know there is something inherently devious about capitalism.  

News Comments > Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae Next Month
9. Re: Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae Next Month Apr 21, 2017, 18:03 HorrorScope

It is separate standalone mission coop w/in-game lobby and not story. It would have been a ton better if coop.  

News Comments > Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae Next Month
5. Re: Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae Next Month Apr 21, 2017, 15:11 HorrorScope

I think they are doing the same type of thing Darksiders is doing, add a little something from past offerings to get the franchise on our minds again as a new full game is coming soon.

I like TW2 Single Player and this is new stuff on a heavily modified engine, which I think is what they are using for TW3.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 18, 2017, 15:11 HorrorScope

Pigeon wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 14:36:
I'll believe he's done something when he actually does something, and I don't mean a vague executive order that's the equivalent of 'we're looking into it.'

Yep.

News Comments > Grimoire Gets Greenlight, Due Next Month
11. Re: Grimoire Gets Greenlight, Due Next Month Apr 17, 2017, 15:47 HorrorScope

I think the market would have been much more ripe if this only took 13 years. Man, I wonder what language he wrote this in and think of how more efficient this could have been, if done with a modern development tool.  

News Comments > Grimoire Gets Greenlight, Due Next Month
4. Re: Grimoire Gets Greenlight, Due Next Month Apr 17, 2017, 12:27 HorrorScope

600 hours? Well there is a game for all of 2018.  

News Comments > Oculus Seeks New Trial vs ZeniMax
13. Re: Oculus Seeks New Trial vs ZeniMax Apr 13, 2017, 19:18 HorrorScope

Eirikrautha wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 06:58:
Your Honor, and ladies and gentlemen (and non-binary attack helicopter-kin) of the jury, please direct your attention to Exhibit A.

Here you see computer language that we in the business call "code." On the left, notice that the defendant used what is known as a "for-next" loop in the code he produced for our company. See this letter here? It's an "i," used to count how many times this loop will execute.

Now look at the code on the right. This is the code stolen from us and used in the defendant's work for the filthy thieves that have hired him. Notice the "for-next" loop there? And what do we have here?!

An "i"! Used to count the loops!

The complainant rests!

Does anyone know of any articles that go into a case that played out something like that? It would be interesting if there is, obviously a gross misunderstanding by authorities if there is. Or do we make urban legends of scenarios like this?

News Comments > Oculus Seeks New Trial vs ZeniMax
12. Re: Oculus Seeks New Trial vs ZeniMax Apr 13, 2017, 19:16 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 13:36:
Each and every single one of these trials cost taxpayer money.

I like to say it circulates money, causing more revenue for everyone. Otherwise it's a lot of drinking instead.

6831 Comments. 342 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo