Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7548 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 17, 2018, 14:11 HorrorScope

"At first, groceries will be delivered via Nuro’s fleet of self-driving Toyota Prius and Nissan Leaf vehicles, and each car will have a safety driver behind the wheel."

Really no different than what everything else has been doing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep Wishlist Initiative
7. Re: The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep Wishlist Initiative Aug 17, 2018, 13:17 HorrorScope

WaltC wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 08:52:
Seems like a novel way to promote the game...;) Not a bad idea, and I'm in, too, although it is a bit strange for people to wishlist a game they already know for certain is coming...!

Can I offer a suggestion why that isn't strange?

Now the first thing I'm going to mention people will feel is strange.

I have 800 games in my Wishlist, Horrorscope, NO!!! WHY?

I will put a game on my Wishlist that has any resemblance on something I could like, I'm pretty liberal/rounded here as you see.

But what makes it nice is each weekend, start of the week or special sale. I can go to my Wishlist and with their newer filtering system. I can say "List all games 50% off or more" or "75% off or more" or some other type of filter. Now I see just those and it is ranked by User Review Score. It also remembers, so it is typically set at 75%, so my Wishlist automatically just shows those by default.

Now I'm just looking at games I'm semi-interested in that are on a fair sale. Takes no time to go through that list, sometimes it 5-10, others maybe 25.

So every couple times a week, I'll go through the "What's new" or see something here at Blue's new to Steam. If interested I'll put it on my Wishlist, so it's a pretty streamlined process.

When it's on sale at the right prices, even if I don't know a lot about it, that is the time I'll do some digging.

There is a point if a game is 75% off or more and I consistently still do not buy, I'll remove it.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 17, 2018, 13:06 HorrorScope

"Google updated its site to admit it still tracks you even if you turn off Location History." I mean come on now... yeah we need less regulation.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 16, 2018, 23:18 HorrorScope

It's funny reading people on what the costs is going to be? Do you think the 1080 will drop massively.

It's not like we don't have a lot of history. The new product will be close to what the last model cost, it doesn't matter that it is a lot better, just how it works. And no the old gen card doesn't drop much at all.

But they think this time it might, they've been thinking this since the start and it doesn't hold. Hey but lets think both of these are going to happen this time.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Aug 16, 2018, 10:48 HorrorScope

I don't find it uncanny, in fact if you had asked me who their dad was, doubt I'd get it.  

News Comments > CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds
21. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 16, 2018, 01:20 HorrorScope

SlimRam wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 22:09:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 21:37:
SlimRam wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 21:26:
Hell, the comments on this article have to go long. I mean, if we've already got Chris Roberts and Derek Smart in the same piece; all we need now is to have Sean Murray show up somewhere in the article and this comment section's going to 200 posts, easy, we're talking trifecta here!

What do you call the piece with Chris Roberts, Derek Smart, Sean Murray, and Peter Molyneux? A Quadfecta!
While we're at it, we might as well throw in Phil Fish from Fez to complete the full circle of game developer buffoonery

Yep and purposefully leave Cliff B out so he get all pissed off not being invited.

News Comments > CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds
5. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 15, 2018, 20:30 HorrorScope

Kxmode wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 20:18:
Grab a cozy chair and blanket, toss some popcorn in the microwave, and buckle up for a 100+ comment thread

We're better than that.
No we're not.

News Comments > The Bard's Tale Trilogy Begins
12. Re: The Bard's Tale Trilogy Begins Aug 15, 2018, 16:16 HorrorScope

Last night was my first Bards Tale experience. I didn't know that is how combat worked at all.

Now this is a remastering. I'd give fair dollars if other big games of the day like this were given this kind of treatment. This is a total makeover, no 8 bit stuff here.

So do you remember the Fallout 76 presentation at E3 where they had that one actor sitting on his sofa and talking DnD to Alexis? This game how it does combat, WOULD BE PERFECT FOR THIS and make it even more of a laid back game. I could be in my private office and play this on the side via voice. I'd love to see a game attempt that, ponders what that would take to do in Unreal or Unity...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 15, 2018, 16:11 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 13:58:
Creston wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 12:50:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 10:56:
So it's hard to fault them for wanting to be thee browser.

Well, you know, except for the part where it was declared in violation of the law in both the US and Europe.

Yea, because its their arrogance. They keep pushing those boundaries which ends up in a legal battle and costing them more money.

I know what you two are referencing, the world has changed and we all here know it. I'm not saying I like it, but if they are free to do so, then they would be dumb not to. It's business.

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 15, 2018, 16:10 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 12:50:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 10:56:
So it's hard to fault them for wanting to be thee browser.

Well, you know, except for the part where it was declared in violation of the law in both the US and Europe.

In a world that seemingly doesn't exist anymore. That whole lawsuit wouldn't have even happened, let alone failed if done today. It's just a different business world and to think they have something cornered any more than other big tech does, isn't the case.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 15, 2018, 10:56 HorrorScope

If you haven't tried Firefox since the Quantum update, then you will be carrying an old assumption of the browser. It was a landmark upgrade.

Edge to me seems the fastest, but all 3 majors are all pretty quick these days. You can use popular addons with Edge, so it can be viable.

As for MS not learning about making the browser part of the O/S. Well the more they intertwine them, the more its required and that is more people using their product vs a competitors, these are still businesses ran on dollars. So it's hard to fault them for wanting to be thee browser.

News Comments > The Bard's Tale Trilogy Begins
6. Re: The Bard's Tale Trilogy Begins Aug 15, 2018, 00:51 HorrorScope

Awating key now, if there are no screw ups, this $20 kickstarter had to be the best deal I've had with the program. For $20 I got or have coming: Bard Tale 4, Wasteland 2, Original Bard 1-3 and Remastered Bard 1-3, looking forward to trying 1-3 out on the remaster, looks really good.

Edit: Oh snap, key came in, in under 5 mins... Download took 24 seconds, lol.

News Comments > Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of "New" Designation
30. Re: Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of Aug 12, 2018, 21:37 HorrorScope

Random analogy, if but buy a new car, don't drive it, can I sell it as new still? Not that any of this ties in with the story at hand, just wondering what people think about that?  

29. Re: Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of Aug 12, 2018, 21:35 HorrorScope

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 18:54:
There is a lot of talk about IF, what If it is new, does not opening the package now void the warranty? Strange this is now an issue as Bethesda is launching an online store.

FWIW they've had an online store for a while now.

21. Re: Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of Aug 12, 2018, 18:30 HorrorScope

It is a different argument and one not really worth any of our time. It's a small side show of a story, but like always we know best and it's important!  

News Comments > Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale
54. Re: Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale Aug 12, 2018, 12:02 HorrorScope

Don't sell box copies to the public then.

We know Zenimax is a sue happy group, I like to think there is another side to this story where it makes a little more sense for them.

Good there was an update and here are their comments:

Bethesda does not and will not block the sale of pre-owned games. The issue in this case is that the seller offered a pre-owned game as “new” on the Amazon Marketplace.

We do not allow non-authorized resellers to represent what they sell as “new” because we can’t verify that the game hasn’t been opened and repackaged. This is how we help protect buyers from fraud and ensure our customers always receive authentic new product, with all enclosed materials and warranty intact.

In this case, if the game had been listed as “Pre-Owned,” this would not have been an issue.

I'm sure this doesn't make an angry gamer happy, what does? It is more reasonable in what and how they state it, it can be sold but still as used and not new.

News Comments > Madden NFL 19 Kicks Off
2. Re: Madden NFL 19 Kicks Off Aug 10, 2018, 12:03 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Aug 10, 2018, 11:38:
Watched some of the Bills game last night. Allen looks like he'll do just fine in the NFL. Also managed to find a live stream to watch the Packers game last night. Sweet.

In the case someone is having a hard time finding NFL or NBA streams, there is a reddit that gives those out each day r\nbastreams r\nflstreams. Make sure you are using something like uBlockOrigins.

What I laugh at is people that complain about pops/malware etc... YOU HAVE TO ASSUME TO USE UBLOCK OR THE LIKE FOR SERVICES LIKE THIS. You are nuts doing an illegal livestream without them.

As for Madden 19 for some good laughs follow threads that post Madden glitches. Funny, bizarre shit, people are teleporting at an alarming rate being one of the common themes.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
16. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Aug 8, 2018, 18:38 HorrorScope

Acleacius wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 12:41:
Personally the Dark Brotherhood was complete let down, it broke most of the lore from all the other games. I wouldn't suggest buying it unless it comes with some package deal.

It's basically just murder innocents for your daily quest. At least the Dark Brotherhood had some depth to it in the past.

It gives you the blade of woe, so you can murder NPC's (no one's innocent) throughout the game not just DB, to double dip on pickpocket, assassinate loot.

Hopefully Fallout 76 is good and leads towards a coop Elder Scrolls, however I'm sure they will protect ESO turf some.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
11. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Aug 8, 2018, 11:01 HorrorScope

ItBurn wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 02:08:
My friend refuses to play MMOs. I hate them too actually, but I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan. Do you have a way of convincing us to play this?

It's a bit of a mixed bag but has improved tremendously since the first year or two. I hate mmo's in general and I'm playing it because of a friend and it surprised me. DDO is my fav even though I haven't played for years, it's very deep in character progression and it's a lot to catch up on and dungeon mechanics are excellent. GW2 is pretty good, ESO is pretty good to. For reference. Wow was fun way back when mmo's were still somewhat fresh, it feels terribly outdated now.

The thieving and assassin aspects added a lot to gameplay, you need to buy the Thieves and Brotherhood DLC or pay $15\mo for access to all DLC. This really added a dimension that no mmo I've played has (DDO does, but not at this level) and it is really cool. When I last played ESO world loot were mind numbingly trivial with little to no value, boring as shit. Now with stealing, assassinate and pickpocket you can get a lot more gold than before and with a bounty system if caught, it all works pretty well. Was very surprised by this, to me it's a go to feature of the game and makes it standout, I would have quit again without these two features.

The quest stories in general are above mmo averages, which is quite low. Voice acting and what they say is pretty good and sensical.

The gear treadmill while you can still level it, is decent for a mmo, but make no mistake every mmo keeps #'s every closely in check, my #1 complaint of mmo's. They all are too tightly of a controlled spreadsheet, gives them a stale feeling. Somehow they need to find a way to get the ARPG loot/character building formula into mmo's, if only for PvE, in the name of fun.

My #1 issue with the game and it was then as now, is how the questing system works. As you mention you and a friend, so that tells me you want to 2-man the game. Well when people here say "you can play it all solo", well the whole main story you can only play solo, that's a bummer. Some Guild story lines and dailies are only solo to. So it's not ideal for a group actually. It's nice if you are a 1 man show, but to me it's a negative when you come with a group.

It also has the most aggravating quest phasing system. Let me see if I can make sense of this to the audience... If two of you start together and only play together, you can stay in sync and anything that isn't forced solo you can play together and that will play out well. However if you want to pug or quest a little on the side without you main partner, you start to get out of sync in quest lines, not even main. There are all kinds of branching quests in ESO, tons. What you will find is you say "go up to this guy and get the quest" "I can't see it, they aren't there!" "What?" and now your indoctrination to this system begins and it will nawl at you. Or go into a town that you liberated but your friend did not, cause you wanted to do a little something on the side and inside town you see sunny happy traders for you, your friend see's dreary skies and Daedra to fight. When you get within range of this area, you phase into different areas on the fly, you become invisible to one another, you will see an arrow that represents the other so you know they are there, but really are in two different worlds. This is phase instancing, you two aren't in balance with this particular quest line, there is no way to balance it unless you know who's in front of the other and have the lagging member catch up. There isn't a "Are you ok to move forward in your quest?" option when doing these.

So I've had two stints with ESO. The first time we got to 45 and I just had to bow out, mind numbing. Over the next couple years, they played their character more. He later asked for me to play more with him, he got a new character to 45 to match mine, he did world quest grinding not the main story or guild stories. When we got back together we were totally out of sync, we could run the open world, but too many areas and quests were out of jive and we couldn't play together where I left off. I haven't played another mmo that is so unfriendly and to me that is a cornerstone feature of a mmo, grouping.

What we decided to do is "ok, what DLC's haven't we both done at all?" figured that out and we run those together so we stay in sync. We have areas that are all messed up sync wise and those have become solo areas for us in the case we want to do some of that. It's really a huge strike, but if you stay in sync and understand how it works, you can make it work. This would have been a game killer without the DLC's overriding the positive thieve/brotherhood features.

The Championship Point system is cool, you level to 50, then you start leveling Champ Points and that goes up into the 700's I believe now. Each point is one to add to your constellation, like Skyrim. Also any alt you make when they hit 50 they all go to the highest Champ Point one of your top character. This does make running an Alt more feasible to a casual, even though I doubt I'll ever do it. 160 CP's is the highest gear goes though, so once you hit 160 you can tweak your armor and weapons and theoretically never touch them again, a little/lot on the bore side there when that happens. Sort of the GW2 issue, you can get near max or max armor and weapons and still have 80% of the content to do, I think that is a bummer for a MMO to be so stale and stagnant with gear for 100's of hours, in such a fun category to always be upgrading.

Metric tons of content. It's a crazy amount.

Combat system is fairly good for a mmo.

I don't craft.

Get Minion for easy mod adding. Some of my favs are adding a mini-map, skyshard tracker, Gear and Skill Loadout saving, UI adjusting one's.

I'm ok with coming back to this, it has pleasantly surprised me.

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 2018, 11:21.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Blowing Off Steam
20. Re: Fallout 76 Blowing Off Steam Aug 7, 2018, 18:43 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 13:31:
I don't particularly want to have 17 fucking launchers on my system, all of which need updates every other day, but such is life.

That's MS #1 mistake for PC gaming ever. They should have had that in XP and they should have kept royalties low being an open platform. Oh well that ship sailed, where Steam ends up, we'll see. They still have plenty of hits, but definitely fewer now. I just look at launcher as part of the icon I click (or equivalent) and the sign in is just part of the process now.

7548 Comments. 378 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo