Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6319 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
18. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2016, 17:29 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Dec 6, 2016, 17:20:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 6, 2016, 16:14:
I also did notice and liked that you had "bottom tier" on top and bottom, I actually found it fitting.

Yeah I like the person that thinks all the mainstream is all wrong and that national enquirer stuff is now correct. Obviously something went sideways with such individuals. To really think that, that has to be a miserable life, a meglo's life, one big setup against you and only you.

Yeah, I realized I had it set up wrong, then brainfarted even further. At least it was a funny mistake.

I agree that it's frightening that some people think all the legitimate news outlets are bad. None of them are perfect, but none of them are awful. Typically, the ones that think CNN or the WSJ orThe New York Times are always wrong (and, admittedly, CNN is "wrong" way more frequently now than it was a decade ago, as it focuses more heavily on what people tune in to [editorials] and less on just reporting what happens) are the same ones that think Russia Today, Alex Jones, Prison Planet, and the like are the only "real" sources.

Yep it is so upside down right now, I'm unsure what to do about it. If a Dem had any tie whatsoever with Russia the Commie word comes out right now, but I've heard more about Russia being ok under the new regime and it goes without question from their followers. What gives? They still blast Dems for Commie China deals as if rep corp types didn't eat that up... Nothing is adding up right now. It does seem we are being driven by fear, which that doesn't surprise, we haven't been the "Home of the brave" for sometime.

It is funny what sticks we us, I had a large impression while having some friends out from GA 2 years ago, the wife of a couple (60's) seriously lives in fear of terrorism, as if it is imminent, it only tells me how well Fox News works on people. I don't like it, who does? But I can't say I wake up worrying about it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
12. Re: New GeForce Drivers Dec 6, 2016, 16:17 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2016, 15:47:
Emton wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 21:19:
Will this shit crash my computer or should I keep using months old nvidia drivers...

Never update your drivers until some game actively starts having issues. Updating every time Nvidia randomly throws out some cobbled-together code releases a new driver is begging to get hit with major issues.

I live by the first one, I can't say the second never happens, but it is rare. I love these threads though, always someone(s) that have major systems issues, clock work. Almost never have one over here, but see #1, don't update all that often.

15. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2016, 16:14 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Dec 6, 2016, 15:44:
WaltC is exactly what I mean when I say some people think "Fake news" is "news I don't like" rather than actual news fabricated solely for clicks.

Seems that way. I also did notice and liked that you had "bottom tier" on top and bottom, I actually found it fitting.

Yeah I like the person that thinks all the mainstream is all wrong and that national enquirer stuff is now correct. Obviously something went sideways with such individuals. To really think that, that has to be a miserable life, a meglo's life, one big setup against you and only you.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 6, 2016, 01:20 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 19:06:
I don't get why both Nvidia and Intel are so far ahead in technology cycles either. It seems for every iteration either company does, AMD/ATI do 1 less. And that obviously leads to disaster. ;(

And I want competition! I still use a AMD cpu, but the upgrade is looming ever closer, and it doesn't look like AMD is even decent in the competition for upgrade paths...

Disaster for who? Even if AMD weren't competition, doing some math a while back this round of NVidia cards was as good as they've had in a long long time, performance boost between models 9xx and 10xx.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Dec 6, 2016, 01:16 HorrorScope

That is the worst 30 player theater I've ever seen.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 5, 2016, 13:56 HorrorScope

Fantaz wrote on Dec 4, 2016, 23:44:
Dishonored 2 should definitely be higher on the list. what's up with the marketing? needs more marketing, and i hope they get enough sales to at least break even

It got destroyed out of the gate for performance issues... hard to recover.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
38. Re: Reddit Is Tearing Itself Apart. Dec 3, 2016, 20:21 HorrorScope

Timmeh wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 10:28:
Conservative Views are not stupid.

Lower taxes, Fewer regulations, Free and Open Economy, Freedom of speech and individuality, Free Market solutions to problems, strong defense. Are the basics of Conservatism.

Freedom of speech? The prez seems pretty thin skinned and would like to take just a little speech away I hear.

Freedom of individuality. Laugh, right. You can't see your party for what it is.

Fewer Regulations - means cutting corners to me in many cases, however there is a balance I would agree to that.

Lower Taxes, how low? You need takes, conservatives always talk lower, but they have raised plenty of taxes themsevles. Taxes are necessary, can there be too much? Yes. But there can be too little to.

Free and Open economy - Prez is trying to put us in a silo which wouldn't be open and sure he'd like free out, but wants to tax the shit in. That said, I think both parties in general are for free and open economy, I really haven't seen libs stopping business from making money, stock market always seems to do better with a lib in the white house.

Free market solutions to problems. Here is something I agree with. That said sometimes they should be and sometimes they should be gov't controlled. Both parties I think believe that, however I will agree they slant the opposite way from one another.

Strong Defense. We have had a strong defense for a long time now that spans both parties. The amount we put into our military under either party is historical. I do agree Conserves are more, but a liberal run America is far from weak.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
24. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Dec 3, 2016, 17:51 HorrorScope

peteham wrote on Dec 3, 2016, 07:15:
Pray to the baby Jesus we won't have to pick flowers/everything like DA:I. If I have to watch that excruciatingly slow bend-over-pick-up animation one more time I'm most likely going to give this a pass. Minor annoyances that become huge over the course of a game far too long for its variety of content.

Yeah there was a mod for that, got rid of animation, immediate pick up. I saved a 1/2 year of my life I feel. Some though my call that dumbing down, I call it playing smart.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
20. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 3, 2016, 16:44 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 10:34:
Defender and Malwarebytes are all you need along with sane browsing habits. Beyond that protect your accounts with 2FA and you'll be fine.

Pretty much this. Zero viruses in forever, I do get some malware I have to clean up.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Knights of the Eternal Throne Launches
11. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Knights of the Eternal Throne Launches Dec 3, 2016, 12:01 HorrorScope

Frijoles wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 22:31:
Rigs wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 21:56:
Having said all that, I do wonder why MMO's give players a fully leveled up character as an option when they release an expansion?

There's actually one coming out that does exactly this. I don't know the details, or the name, unfortunately. Just saw it mentioned on one of the forums I frequent.

The reason is for complaints we are stating here. Feel lost and behind. Thinking old content is boring content or abandoned content. Here we'll put you right out in front again where there are players and new cooler stuff. Please play my game!

Yeah when this game started doing chapters, they took a very strong turn having a single player mmo (oxy-MORON) or one so easy when grouping because it was only balanced for one, it was ultra-boring.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Knights of the Eternal Throne Launches
10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Knights of the Eternal Throne Launches Dec 3, 2016, 11:59 HorrorScope

Rigs wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 21:56:
It feels like every MMO, no matter what they say, boil down to the same formula, no matter what genre they're in.

And that is the one I don't like the most, everything has to be too generic to keep everyone in check, which in my opinion is a big ass fun sucker outer. Since there are people that will play every day for 8 hours per, they have to keep control of people like that, which makes avg players feel even more controlled and then they want to keep you forever in a day in that grind to who knows where it really is going... That is why I am bullish on player run server games (build/survival), you can mod to inject something different into them, you can control who plays and simply put don't have to feel nickle/dime'd. And no matter how much one wants to do something different from the start, it magically comes right back in to more of the same overall. Just something about them, they are bound and can't break free in a exciting fashion.

8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Knights of the Eternal Throne Launches Dec 3, 2016, 11:49 HorrorScope

Frijoles wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 20:15:
Jumped back in to this after a year or so of not looking at it. Had no fucking clue what I was doing or how it worked. The biggest problem I have returning to games like this, especially F2P MMOs, is all the shit in my bags. And since it's F2P, bag space is extremely limited while they give you a whole ton of shit to fill your bags. The easy solution is to delete/sell everything. Instead I just quit. These games really need a "hey, welcome back, let's do a tutorial".

And give me bigger bags, dammit.

+1. All the combining/collecting items and different currencies needed to buy things, I already have a job. I get why they do it for those that play everyday forever, but those that would rather be in/out/return, ass pain. One of the top flaws with the standard mmo formula. This one was fair in story, but I didn't care for the combat model, too simplistic, it was improved with getting a char from 1 to max., I agree.

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced
22. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced Dec 3, 2016, 02:56 HorrorScope

Lol at all the love the game is getting now in comments years later. I assure you that didn't happen then. Time... a wicked master.

*Never played game. Just love how our minds work, that's all.

News Comments > Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Announced
6. Re: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Announced Dec 2, 2016, 18:45 HorrorScope

Like the idea of the 70's sound track from the movie, but the songs are so cheese, much cooler 70's songs. One may say "that's the point", I counter with my point is choose the cooler songs. Oh well.  

News Comments > GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated
23. Re: GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated Dec 2, 2016, 18:43 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 11:01:
I already own NWN2 Platinum on Steam, but thanks.

I just picked up Ghost of a Tale on GOG. It's a really rather charming and endearing game. I quite recommend it. Particularly if you've ever read and enjoyed graphic novels like Mouse Guard.

Wait you just bought an EA Game? The hypocrisy!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 2, 2016, 13:09 HorrorScope

I hope his twitter account links up to this soon.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 1, 2016, 12:03 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 20:42:
And here we were just lambasting the UK for the Snoopers Law. GG America, always down for the one upmanship in stripping citizens of their rights.

Layton argued on the AEI blog that government regulations aren't necessary to protect net neutrality. "Regulation proponents argue that without such rules your Internet provider would speed up or slow down websites," she wrote. "There have never been rules against this, but Internet providers donít do it anyway. Simply put, the business opportunity to deliver an open Internet is far greater. Failing that, antitrust laws deter discriminatory behavior, already ensuring net neutrality."

This fucking bitch, man. This means one of two things. She either actually believes this in which case it's just another in the never ending examples of conservative cognitive dissonance, or she should be getting treated for third degree burns on her legs from her pants being on fire, she's such a liar liar.

Yeah I read that quote last night and belched. Yah mankind has shown if you don't have standards and regulations, they will continue to cut corners. We won't raise the bar as a whole without making marks to strive for. Even if you want to, there will be another in your sector that won't, they will find the cheapest way possible either forcing you to match their low level standards or forcing you out of business on standing by principal. It is hard to believe at least the general public doesn't understand this.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2016, 10:46 HorrorScope

Interesting numbers of the # of games released on Steam per year.

http://kotaku.com/nearly-40-of-all-steam-games-were-released-in-2016-1789535450

News Comments > Ubisoft Adding Cross-Platform VR Support
8. Re: Ubisoft Adding Cross-Platform VR Support Nov 29, 2016, 21:29 HorrorScope

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 10:28:
Bundy wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 09:28:
On my last big project I worked 18 hour days, 7 days a week during the last month to hit the release deadline.

Shit like this is exactly why I quit game development for another field. "Crunch" is bullshit, a cankerous symptom of bad project management and it's through the entire industry.

I'm with both of you, if you have game development skills, you have business skills that pay better on avg and have better QOL features AND the best part you still like games and can play them when you get home!

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 29, 2016, 21:16 HorrorScope

The single biggest issue I have going all streaming, is caps and paying more after going past them. The next is live content convenience for morning news etc, to me that works better vs streaming. Perhaps I could go back to antenna for that, but there are a few cable stations I really want live to.

So I am looking at a new streaming service, but also a cheap cable/sat package, sort of a smart hybrid plan, I can't be alone looking for the right mix here, right?

I'm thinking in my area Dish with their bottom 2 year plan, with 2-3 set top boxes, along with a streaming service, makes a nice package.

I could still see a cheaper cable/sat package, like pick 5-10 stations (w/local but not part of the 5-10) for like $20-$25 per mo., that would be ideal for me, couple that with a streaming service, bingo.

6319 Comments. 316 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo