Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003
Supporter -
Total Comments 8625 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > More About Playing Half-Life Alyx Without VR

5. Re: More About Playing Half-Life Alyx Without VR Mar 27, 2020, 13:36 HorrorScope

People and falling too much in love with fictional works.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Predator: Hunting Grounds Free Trial Weekend [Updated]

2. Re: Predator: Hunting Grounds Free Trial Weekend Mar 27, 2020, 10:32 HorrorScope

It's hidden by design.  

News Comments > DOOM Eternal More Than Doubles DOOM (2016) Player Count

14. Re: DOOM Eternal More Than Doubles DOOM (2016) Player Count Mar 23, 2020, 17:18 HorrorScope

Fion wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 14:16:
If there's any one sector of our economy that isn't hurt by a pandemic, it's the at-home entertainment sector. Video games, television, streaming, laptop & PC hardware sales, board games, card games, etc. It's all booming right now.

I'll see you all of that and raise you a Charmin!

News Comments > DOOM Eternal More Than Doubles DOOM (2016) Player Count

13. Re: DOOM Eternal More Than Doubles DOOM (2016) Player Count Mar 23, 2020, 17:17 HorrorScope

aka_STEVE wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 11:43:
it's good when it's good ( all out frantic shooting of demons ) , but the platforming, puzzle jumping, quadruple air sprint dodges ??? - WTF?
When did that become part of DOOM ?

It is like a 1st person shooter of TombRaider, mixed with Darksiders,,,, in some parts.
Like I am sitting there playing it, enjoying it, - but then I start saying to myself, " yeah, I'm sure these demons from Hell have some kind of Hell-gineer come in to architect in all these elaborate doors & lifts & puzzles for every one of their demons to navigate just to get in & out of these damn places....

Saying Darksiders kicks in my thoughts of Jedi Fallen Order. The game sputters like dog shit and plays ok and nothing more. Was really surprised at how well it was received. To me it feels like pitty/desperation, it was merely average imo.

News Comments > NVIDIA Launches DLSS 2.0

3. Re: NVIDIA Launches DLSS 2.0 Mar 23, 2020, 17:11 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 12:09:
Can't help but feel bad for all the 2xxx early adopters, how many of them are going to replay these single-player games they've probably already played now that they actually perform well with this tech...

Imagine Variable-rate shading alongside DLSS working in harmony. Could conceivably get us to 4k @ 120hz with high settings this GPU generation.

Is this sarcasm? No need to feel sorry for 2xxx adapters, it was nothing more than an upgraded video card with more to follow. I hope the dollars made from it are invested for a better tomorrow. Assuming things go back to normal, I'll save for next, that is how it works. Until then 2x>1x and well like this if it pans out as they say, even works for those suckers who bought a newer video card.

Blues News was born and fueled on the gpu age.

News Comments > Steam and CS:GO Set New User Records Again

9. Re: Steam and CS:GO Set New User Records Again Mar 21, 2020, 00:59 HorrorScope

Is this like some Jerry Lewis Telethon where we need this updated regularly? Hurray, you go girl!  

News Comments > DirectX 12 Ultimate Announced

15. Re: DirectX 12 Ultimate Announced Mar 20, 2020, 10:54 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Mar 20, 2020, 03:54:
Simon Says wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 20:43:
Expect another update when they adapt the PS5 storage I/O pipeline into a chip for motherboards for PC gaming in the next few years if their promise of a "loadless" paradigm for 1st party titles turns out to be true.

Would be nice having this bottleneck removed from PCs too. Right now something prevents taking full advantage of NVMe drives, this tech removes those bottlenecks, but it requires a new chip and new programming protocols.

But the elephant in the room is that the PC is now the lowest-common denominator in gaming, we're what's holding developers back.

Only until the last gen or two, the consoles always took the lead on PC's for a small period of time. I'm glad they push the PC's, if they surpass the PC's will soon catch up and gives us a good reason to upgrade. We'll see if they live up to the hype.

As for DX12 Ultimate. I guess Marketing felt a big word was better than .1 or something. Good to see new features, no matter how they name it.

News Comments > DirectX 12 Ultimate Announced

14. Re: DirectX 12 Ultimate Announced Mar 20, 2020, 10:52 HorrorScope

Simon Says wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 20:43:
Expect another update when they adapt the PS5 storage I/O pipeline into a chip for motherboards for PC gaming in the next few years if their promise of a "loadless" paradigm for 1st party titles turns out to be true.

Would be nice having this bottleneck removed from PCs too. Right now something prevents taking full advantage of NVMe drives, this tech removes those bottlenecks, but it requires a new chip and new programming protocols.

Yep I'm looking forward to whatever these consoles do better, that being brought to the pc and improved.

News Comments > Ubisoft May Replace E3 With "Digital Experience"

14. Re: Ubisoft May Replace E3 With Mar 12, 2020, 01:34 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 11, 2020, 20:32:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 11, 2020, 20:22:
As we know when things like this happens, we adapt and many times creating a new normal. Not only video games, this can have lasting implications in a lot of gatherings in the future. Once the company see's the saving and measures. Would be surprised to hear airline/hotel/party organizers say well into the future "it never came back all the way after corona in 2020".

The companies know quite well what it costs, they would have stopped long ago if that was at all a problem. These kind of gatherings create big tourism dollars for wherever they take place, so the cities and their local businesses would not simply let it go, like "darn, it sure was nice when." You'd simply see them pay [more] for the companies to keep coming, like how many places subsidize film-making.

Watch and learn.

News Comments > Ubisoft May Replace E3 With "Digital Experience"

5. Re: Ubisoft May Replace E3 With Mar 11, 2020, 20:22 HorrorScope

As we know when things like this happens, we adapt and many times creating a new normal. Not only video games, this can have lasting implications in a lot of gatherings in the future. Once the company see's the saving and measures. Would be surprised to hear airline/hotel/party organizers say well into the future "it never came back all the way after corona in 2020".  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 10, 2020, 19:48 HorrorScope

Vanilla Ice was ROBBED! He had the better song to!  

News Comments > Morning Multiplex

1. Re: Morning Multiplex Mar 10, 2020, 19:46 HorrorScope

Before and afters... looks like something I can pull off in reshade.  

News Comments > Epic Games Store Adds Wishlists

4. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Wishlists Mar 10, 2020, 19:38 HorrorScope

Woah!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 8, 2020, 17:14 HorrorScope

Tells us a lot about how the industry works. Games have long legs.  

News Comments > 2K Games Leaving GeForce NOW

11. Re: 2K Games Leaving GeForce NOW Mar 7, 2020, 20:06 HorrorScope

It was a long shot that many of us were even going to convert to cloud gaming, this trend just makes us double down against. NOW gave many of us at least a sliver of hope to try, try out the game I own on vacation, maybe even like it, maybe even convert someday or somewhat. But this is going to keep a lasting impression and hurts Stadia even more, like fuck no I'm not going to buy a game there now, double dip or not, fuck no. It is short sided on the publishers, sure current past games aren't re-revenue generators here but anything new would be and to me I would think the shitty AAA's would rather us be controlled by cloud gaming. Oh well, it really doesn't hurt me because I was a looooong shot to even try.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint Rework This Month

10. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Rework This Month Mar 6, 2020, 15:43 HorrorScope

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 6, 2020, 12:31:
Prez wrote on Mar 5, 2020, 21:47:
I really liked Wildlands but after hearing how they monetized this one to hell and back I stayed away. It didn't sound like I missed a whole lot - I've heard lots of bad things about Breakpoint. Maybe this overhaul will make it worth a look.

The game as a whole is just a mess. The terrain system just didn't pan out to be enjoyable. The AI is just beyond stupid. The island feels like someone bought a ton of Unity assets and cut and pasted them everywhere (with rare exceptions), and a number of other issues that never should have been allowed for the game to ship.

Don't expect a Hello Games/No Mans Sky save here.

Yes no doubt you can tell this is a B team effort for sure. To the other, there is no big monetization thing going on here, totally avoidable.

The AI though is still better than what I see in indy games, like using Unity for example, including No Mans Sky, those are zombie AI only, one line to the player. Breakpoint has AI that finds cover, chats etc while in gun play, NMS and the slew of other indy survival have NONE of those things. That is why this could be with a little work a very good entry into the survival scene as almost all are basic af AI including animations on top of that. This is where AAA's imo shine, that said this isn't UBI's best AI effort at all, again the B team from AI to looks. Wildlands is better put together no doubt.

8. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Rework This Month Mar 6, 2020, 12:07 HorrorScope

maddog wrote on Mar 6, 2020, 11:46:
jacobvandy wrote on Mar 6, 2020, 04:53:
If you liked Wildlands or any other open world game of the past decade, you'd like Breakpoint because it's more of the same. Explore the map, fight bad guys, get loot, get stronger, repeat until you burn out.

I love Wildlands. I still play it several hours a week now. The part I loved about it was the feeling of being in a real country. That, and also the rebels that could provide cannon fodder and allow me to sneak in the back of a base while they attack from the front. Not to mention calling in mortar attacks, vehicle drop offs (although kinda cheesy) and diversions.

Can you confirm is any of that is in breakpoint? All that I can see from game footage is drone "stuff".

Are vehicles still littered throughout the map? Are there halo jumps?

That is the part that isn't there and mentioned here, the AI companions. This went sort of the 1-4 player coop route, with a bit more survival but not enough. It's like they are sort of in the middle and probably why the complaints, master of none. The Gear Score thing was a joke to, but is being eliminated it seems, it didn't do anything, they had a GS that meant nothing in therms of more damage etc. Yes game has room for being hammered, but it still is fun working the terrain and the scenarios, even thought they could be less cookie cutter yet. For example what you meet up with in the wild, so predictable in terms of baddie count and setup and I don't think it scales up with more players, which isn't good either.

7. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Rework This Month Mar 6, 2020, 11:58 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 6, 2020, 04:53:
I didn't mention grind because I don't think there's much of one to speak of. If you liked Wildlands or any other open world game of the past decade, you'd like Breakpoint because it's more of the same. Explore the map, fight bad guys, get loot, get stronger, repeat until you burn out. The fact is, if it weren't for sensationalist games journos feigning disgust, you could play and enjoy the game normally without ever knowing or caring about how much MTX garbage they're peddling to fools with too much money... It's that unobtrusive. I don't get my knickers in a twist over unobtrusive monetization, 'cause I've seen enough alternatives that are much worse.

I find this most correct. It's a ok entry with plenty of room for improvement. But it still beats a lot of indy efforts in this arena because they don't have the resources to do the AI, Animations, Combat Model, and Looks as well as a company like UBI. I got it for cheap, it's ok, if they went full on survival and it seems so close to being that, it blows away many of the Indy survival games I've played, because of what I said, the level of polish just isn't there for most indies. I have put it aside and will return when this update drops to see how it plays then.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 3, 2020, 16:45 HorrorScope

Kill it!  

News Comments > The Long Dark Goes Dark on GeForce NOW

19. Re: The Long Dark Goes Dark on GeForce NOW Mar 2, 2020, 18:40 HorrorScope

maddog wrote on Mar 2, 2020, 12:28:
I find this interesting. I signed up for the free version of GFNow and have yet to try it but from what I understand, they are just streaming your games that you already own. Why would they need permission from the devs? Seems like more a courtesy than anything. Someone in that tweet thread indicated that the Shadow PC gaming service is doing the same thing.

Never the less, seems like decision is not going the way the dev wished it would. He is getting pretty hammered.

We wants to sell you the same game twice! Perhaps even thrice!!!

Nvidia lawyers knew...

8625 Comments. 432 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >