Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 8014 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Mar 18, 2019, 20:06 HorrorScope

Baseball Carlos Santana.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives "PROCOMPETITIVE"
27. Re: Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives Mar 18, 2019, 16:37 HorrorScope

They should just go the pro-business route"

We are in business to deliver the best products to our customers and we won't apologize for trying to make Epic Games the best.

At least it is honest and everyone in our capitalistic system gets that, if they like it or not.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Mar 17, 2019, 15:12 HorrorScope

It's a card a Dev can always point to and use, the thing is shills from a competitive product or even in-house employees can anonymously state the hate to where the Dev plays their hand and says no more. It's always there and an easy out. If you can't handle it and more importantly if you don't want to talk then don't. It's your product and our choice. To try to teach us has no chance because even if the players pulled off that miracle see the first sentence.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
98. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2019, 11:47 HorrorScope

Bless you.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Beyond Announced
37. Re: No Man's Sky Beyond Announced Mar 15, 2019, 20:33 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 20:30:
Yeah and there are some things you don't get a pass on no matter what - rape, murder, etc.. This however falls into middle-ground category where it's up to the individual. I don't think his crime warrants eternal damnation, but I'm never going to support the guy and that's that.

This is good, I'll help you this is exactly something that is forgivable. It's a game and only an idiot that is spending $60 critical dollars buys the game without waiting for reviews. Within two days it was known this game wasn't what is was hyped to be, but that was then and this is now and it's a game. A game. As a consumer we all have our standards and choices, that is good. But you will be paying many big corporations dineros each month that have done a lot worse to you than Sean ever could and you know it.

36. Re: No Man's Sky Beyond Announced Mar 15, 2019, 20:30 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 15:21:
Well, certainly Sean Murray suffers a bit from Peter Molyneux syndrome. He should have never been put in front of a camera in the first place.

Peter really didn't become Peter until he repeated his shenanigans time after time and he never followed up to make right. Sean with one game under his belt if anything was a game that didn't live up to his promise. Peter was/is a different beast, he totally thinks the audience is and ever will be stupid.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Mar 15, 2019, 15:32 HorrorScope

WaltC wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 12:34:
So-called government shutdowns are way over-hyped and exaggerated every time they occur

I can here my father in law now, tell that to those that aren't getting paychecks.

I'm all for games with current themes in them, movies/tv have never had any problem or scrutiny doing so. It's fiction with some slant to reality to make it more intriguing.

News Comments > The Division 2 Reviews in Progress
14. Re: The Division 2 Reviews in Progress Mar 15, 2019, 15:29 HorrorScope

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 12:06:
Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 10:40:
Worth A Buy is definitely one of the best game reviewers. The funny thing is, half his subscribers love him, the other half hate him, only because he's not afraid to share his honest opinion about games and the gaming industry. I'll typically watch his reviews before making any purchasing decisions. Out of all the reviews I've watched, the only one I disagreed with was Assassin's Creed Odyssey. He thumbed it up in the end, but he didn't sound like he cared to play it. I actually loved the game. Just goes to show you that games are subjective. But some games are just complete trash, and he isn't afraid to spell it out. He's one of the only reviewers who hasn't become a sellout.

Im with you on this. He is also extremely passionate about games and he works very hard, usually without any support from developers or publishers. (He very, very rarely gets a pre-release copy in advance of an actual release and he has to buy most if not all of the games he reviews). This has actually led to him having some kind of physical and mental breakdown recently, due to stress and overwork, which he was kind enough to share with his followers.

He's taking it a bit slower now, and you won't be able to find Mack's reviews on day one of a release usually. That works for me though, I don't really buy anything on day one, usually, ever.

I like how he presents and yes to when he introduced the bell a few years back now. He gives his review and then he really conveys his emotions to us as he plays and why and when it gets really bad ding! ding! ding! I usually agree with him, but even if I don't I know more about the game when I'm done watching, he might not like something I don't have a problem with and I can easily weigh that all out.

As to the Trump, yeah I read that as total sarcasm.

News Comments > The Division 2 Released
15. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 15, 2019, 15:23 HorrorScope

OpticNerve wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 13:49:
BTW, different factions have different and modified AI from each other. The Hyenas are fairly stupid and tend to rush you (they are just gang-bangers after all). The True Sons tend to use a bit more advanced tactics (due to their military background) and will try to flush you out of cover with grenades or even try to keep you in cover while another flanks you.

And oh man, don't get me started on fighting the [spoiler] Black Tusk faction or [spoiler] The Hunters with all of their tactics and toys. Naturally the AI will do stupid shit once in a while but I'd say that Div 2's AI is a lot more varied and advanced than games of this genre.

Right, play the game through and then you'll know, for a game this one has pretty good AI and pretty good AI for shooters means state of the art. Overall play the game through, I haven't played a PvE shooter that has had better AI and sure I can still pick it a part, what does that say about the rest then?

14. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 15, 2019, 15:22 HorrorScope

SimplyMonk wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 13:09:
If still suffers from the same problems that Division 1 did. The Yellow Bar (High Damage/Bullet Sponge) enemies don't outright kill you because their AI is dumb and runs around taking cover and letting you plink at them rather then just rushing you and killing you since their TTK is a lot lower than yours.

They've reduced the bullet sponging from D1 and that is getting praised. On your AI scenario, first there are so many scenarios that could happen. But you put down flanking and cover and follow up with "just rush" you mean like all the zombie games or what I call Unity AI. There is no winning. We are a prisoner of our own minds.

13. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 15, 2019, 15:20 HorrorScope

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 12:31:
I'll check back on Anthem in a few weeks, see if any progress has been made.

2 Hours ago they update drop rates "significantly" they said, couldn't give us actual numbers though, gave us scenarios.

AI came up here a few times, go to the reddit for this, people are praising it. You might be seeing early game AI, but for a PvE I don't think there is anything better, or is at least right at the top and for a site that is big in single player/pve as Blue's is, this should be news.

19. Re: No Man's Sky Beyond Announced Mar 15, 2019, 15:16 HorrorScope

Prez wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 13:08:
It's not a matter of forgiveness but of trust. It's hard to see myself ever trusting this dev team again

There was a famous debater that made a compelling case that trust is a lie itself, that you cannot 100% trust anyone. It's a game, you can get it for cheap to if interested. Maybe now it will satisfy, maybe it won't. Won't be a first either way.

News Comments > L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood
4. Re: L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood Mar 14, 2019, 20:58 HorrorScope

Bill Borre wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 19:33:
Back 4 Money

This place needs a like system.

News Comments > 200-Player Survival Game CryoFall Early Access Next Month
2. Re: 200-Player Survival Game CryoFall Early Access Next Month Mar 13, 2019, 23:59 HorrorScope

Does it want to?  

News Comments > Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive
71. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 13, 2019, 17:40 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 17:29:
Btw, if you thought Epic's exclusives were bad, how'd you like it if Rockstar games become Playstation only? Get a load of this shit...

That's a shrewd move right there.

70. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 13, 2019, 17:39 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 16:34:
Apparently so far, the Epic store is making a right fucking hash out of the Division 2 launch.

"Contact Epic Support" they say helpfully. As if such a thing exists.

I don't know why one would buy D2 at any store other than UBI's. Unless there are some country related savings or issues.

59. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 13, 2019, 14:51 HorrorScope

El Pit wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 12:57:
Sorry, but Steam is way ahead as a store compared to Epic. Steam got ONE problem - taking a bigger share then the competitor.

First I'm not saying Steam isn't ahead feature wise, that's a no-brainer.

But I'm not asking anyone to take my word for it, over the past year there has been plenty of developer articles about cost & visibility with steam. What is funny here is a main complaint about Steam today form users is "too much shit to wade through". Thus I put in a suggestion that certainly benefits the consumer but could also benefit devs. Perhaps I'm in the mood currently to look at first time indy efforts, well I sort by that and now they are gaining visibility vs a user fatigued buyer trying to bypass them as fast as possible because I'm looking for higher produced games.This way you have a focused buyer looking at the selection vs a frustrated one trying to escape most of it.

Steam has at least two issue from devs that has been consistently reported. Cost and Visibility, they address those they can maintain. I'm not sure how they grow much more with most big titles using their own store front. Steam golden years have come and go, I've seen it happen to much bigger companies. Times sure change.

News Comments > Jade Raymond Joins Google
4. Re: Jade Raymond Joins Google Mar 13, 2019, 13:10 HorrorScope

She's been bouncing around lately.  

38. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 13, 2019, 12:40 HorrorScope

Steams going to need to adjust and it will have to be on multiple levels.

Cost sure.
Who they let in, perhaps.
Dropping costly features to lower their prices, possibly.

The who they let in, it seems there could have been Tiers created. A common theme is "there is so much shit on steam". Perhaps these indies with zero titles under their belt should be a low tier which allows users to sort them in/out on demand and then earn their way up. Aka better user experience and better visibility of games that the buyer wants to see.

Visibility has been a repeated issue used against Steam by devs. I'd like to see at least 3 Tiers. Successfully Proven Publishers, Moderately Successful Dev/Publisher, Unsuccessful/New Dev Publisher. I think that would weed out a lot for us, so we can find quicker what we want.

They have issues and right now it seems they better stop moving desks around and figure a plan here. They are losing nearly all the top games and that would leave them with only the lower tiers, like garbage listings on the back of magazine in the day. This is happening quickly to, my Steam usage has fallen off greatly over the past 6 months and Epic so far has zero to do with that.

If you have trusted family and friends that game and you like SP games, the good thing with multiple stores is one guy can buy it and you can easily schedule a time to play this or that game since they all aren't on the same client.

32. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 13, 2019, 12:29 HorrorScope

Jow wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 11:20:
There's also the concept of not wanting 26 different front ends on my system to maintain login credentials for, update, etc. Pain in the ass.

I say the same thing about PG&E, Banking, etc. Why can't I just have one front end for everything I do? It doesn't work that way.

8014 Comments. 401 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo