Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6994 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay?
39. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 16, 2017, 16:06 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 15:52:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 14:16:
So who gets there first?

This games promise or Elite Dangerous w/Expansions?

Seems like they are headed to roughly the same place. Elite has a working model in the wild, just needs to keep adding.

Get where first?

The games are conceptually completely different. Elite Dangerous is as sandbox as it gets. Take 100cr and do whatever you want in the (modeled after the) milky way galaxy with 400 billion (mostly) procedurally generated star systems.
It's also technologically completely different, relying a lot on peer to peer connections rather than everything being client/server driven.

It's apples vs. oranges or actually it's almost apples vs. cucumbers since both games have mighty little in common as soon as you start looking beyond the superficial similarities like the space setting.

Unsure, seems like Elite is working towards more controlled content that will be inching it closer to Star Citizen and they have quite a bit of time. I see at least 2-3 major releases of content from Elite in the next 2 years.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Reviews
6. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Reviews Oct 16, 2017, 14:20 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 12:20:
So was this one developed by Obsidian?

UBI's South Park Division.

News Comments > Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay?
35. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 16, 2017, 14:16 HorrorScope

So who gets there first?

This games promise or Elite Dangerous w/Expansions?

Seems like they are headed to roughly the same place. Elite has a working model in the wild, just needs to keep adding.

News Comments > Will Lawbreakers Go Free-to-Play?
24. Re: Will Lawbreakers Go Free-to-Play? Oct 15, 2017, 11:40 HorrorScope

The things that keep me up at night.  

News Comments > Dungeons 3 Breaks Out
3. Re: Dungeons 3 Breaks Out Oct 14, 2017, 14:21 HorrorScope

ItBurn wrote on Oct 14, 2017, 01:01:
Does it have first person monster control?

Unsure, but it does tout quite a few improvements on DK, which I would say are more important. But let's say if does have 1rst Person, what next? Point, it seems everyone loves DK, but all the attempts just get nitpicked for not be exactly the same and some are damn damn close. Dungeons 1 was bad, but 2 was a big step forward, hope for another step again. This game is doing things DK never did.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback
25. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback Oct 13, 2017, 19:35 HorrorScope

Yeah corporate gaming is just not in a good place right now. They feel they HAVE TO have an avenue for additional dollars beyond the games cost BECAUSE OF WALL STREET, make no mistake. The lucky few that are huge successes in the market, have changed the ROI game forever. There is a chance at billions now! They treat their game like a loot box to themselves. Did we make a game good enough where millions will not bat an eye and make in-game purchases over and over? Lets release it and hope for the best! Cause X did this and hit it big and now WE HAVE TO our overlords say so. Their trapped.

Good news, there is a shit load of development houses out there that aren't forced into this world. They don't answer to wall street. Another bright side is, someday it will be cheap enough, where you can get it and enjoy it as-is.

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 is Out
5. Re: The Evil Within 2 is Out Oct 13, 2017, 16:44 HorrorScope

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 12:33:
The original was horrible, the devs have to be deluded to think that they needed to make a new version.

Only a masochist would purchase this.

You know why? Because it sold well enough and others liked it. When will we get it?

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend
6. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 12, 2017, 14:14 HorrorScope

Amazon now is at $30, must have caught the blunder.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend
4. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend Oct 12, 2017, 12:29 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 11:21:
amazon has the download version on sale for $15
here

Oh shit yes, thanks, better than I would have thought.

News Comments > Steam VR Room Space Getting Roomier
14. Re: Steam VR Room Space Getting Roomier Oct 11, 2017, 20:32 HorrorScope

Kxmode wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 19:08:
VR Room Space is the opposite of mass appeal and adoption. Perhaps they realized that VR gaming just isn't catching on, so they are looking to other applications.

Or perhaps a less alarmist way of looking at it. "They are looking to expand VR's boundaries. No matter current gaming success or not."

Yes lots of games.
Depending on likes, there are some killers out there already.
And in general I to prefer a more seated experience overall.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Released
27. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Released Oct 10, 2017, 19:57 HorrorScope

I think it is fair to bring up the issues, but please don't tell me what I should or shouldn't buy. The general boycott thing doesn't work either. They only thing that will work is organic behavior and ROI analysis. If people are going to buy DLC, loot boxes etc, ROI will be there and there is nothing for us to do. Either you do or you don't. If it bothers someone that much, don't, don't meaning from not buying at all to not buying additions. As for the game, I'm sure it will be fun and FOV will be adjustable in time with patches.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: The Return
3. Re: Elite Dangerous: The Return Sep 28, 2017, 13:04 HorrorScope

Wash Washburne wrote on Sep 27, 2017, 23:02:
"Added mysterious locations we're not going to tell you about..."

Very mysterious indeed.

Yeh it was 6GBs on my end, just glad it's not the 90's, lol

Wasn't there something about Froza at the Windows store being like 75 gig download. gulp

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
37. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Sep 23, 2017, 14:06 HorrorScope

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 17:35:
So if I got this right Fortnite copied from PUBG who copied from H1Z1 who copied from Rust who copied from DayZ who copied from the Minecraft mod who copied from The Hunger Games who copied from Battle Royale. Oh the humanity. This is the way art works. Those that come later take inspiration from those that came before. Unless Epic actually copied code from PUBG this is just useless dev whining.

Right, unless the can prove assets/codes were stolen, they have nothing but whine.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 23, 2017, 14:01 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Sep 23, 2017, 03:44:
Saboth wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 21:31:
Kind of a shame. I would have probably considered some solar installation in the next 5-10 years, but I'm sure prices will skyrocket if tariffs are introduced. That's going to be a major job killer.

It sounds like the problem is that factories in the USA are closing due to Chinese dumping. So jobs are already being killed. Whether tariffs bring them back is an open question.

Right. So one side of me says, if you are looking into Solar now maybe a good time to do it. The other side says, it sucks we lose jobs over dumping. But looking out for A1... if you are looking maybe time to buy.

My deal was a lease, I paid nothing, beat that! And with that I have a locked kwh cost for 20 years that was at the time I got it equal to the Utilities lowest tier, so I would save anytime when in Tear 2 and 3. But now my rate is less than the Utilities lowest tier since they will continue to raise prices and mine won't. I do have an option to buy after x years owning. Right now I'm saving between 35-40% of what I would have been paying. I also produce more than I use, each year I'll get that credit back at around 3 cents per kwh.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 23, 2017, 13:56 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Sep 23, 2017, 13:49:
I wouldn't trust a robot anymore than I would a person.

That made me giggle. To be honest I have no idea if I would or not at this time.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 23, 2017, 00:46 HorrorScope

Saboth wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 21:31:
Kind of a shame. I would have probably considered some solar installation in the next 5-10 years, but I'm sure prices will skyrocket if tariffs are introduced. That's going to be a major job killer.

I have solar, so I guess get in before the price goes up? Is that the fear here?

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
18. Re: New AMD Drivers Support Dual Vega GPUs Sep 22, 2017, 15:50 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 10:44:
I hope they don't become one of those companies that goes around suing anyone who has anything that has even remotely similar gameplay.

They are now in control of monies to afford that tactic.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Review Fallout
36. Re: Fallout 4 Review Fallout Sep 21, 2017, 00:59 HorrorScope

Ranger55 wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 21:21:
There is one major problem with everyone bitching about Creation Club. It in no way prevents you from using other mods. If you don't like it, don't click on it in the menu. I currently have 98 mods loaded via Nexus Mod Manager. None of them are broken. Most are still being actively supported by their creators. Creation Club has had ZERO impact on my ability to play and enjoy a heavily modded Fallout 4.

Yup that is my point. The market will speak. If someone makes something worth money to people, it will probably need to be at very high quality level as they are competing against free content. If someone were to put in that kind of time, I'm cool if they can make a few bucks.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Review Fallout
30. Re: Fallout 4 Review Fallout Sep 20, 2017, 18:40 HorrorScope

It's only a paid mod is the owner wants to sell it right?

If so, what is the argument about? That is how your world has always spinned.

I can't believe someone here is thinking someone should just do something for you for free. You have the right to not be interested in such transaction. All part of the plan.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold
29. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold Sep 19, 2017, 17:49 HorrorScope

When I start playing DOS2, I will be interested if they have cleaned up the log/what to do's.

DOS1 EE was better, but you still have way too many quest going at once, the yellow icon of "Something to do here" isn't always accurate. Plenty of "What should I be doing" moments and downtime.

I'd love DOS2 to be tighter here. I also get the point of the Drama of the Voice Acting. It makes it slow. They need something like we have for videos so you can speed it up 25%. Amazing how well you can still comprehend them... but yeah lets get a move on already.

I'm very interested to see what improvements they made, if any to dialog sharing in a Coop game. The original was poor, patches made it better, EE even better, but there was still a lot of room for improvement.

Just about done with DOS1 again, but I have all the mod content that kicks in after and they say that is like 25 hours. As others have said a couple more patches, which I knew is a thing with Larian and I'm ok with that. They can only do so much and their branching is huge.

I know there are inventory improvements, interested in seeing those. Having a skill bar with 30 choices on it is good. TB, you want the UI to be smooth and quick, to pick your move and go.

Playing DOS1 coop right now... they needed a timer option per player, damn does it get slow sometimes playing together.It's like a Peter Jennings trip, "hmmm maybe I should do this, what do you think?" If they had say a 10 second move clock option, there is no delay... just do. I was playing SP player right before coop, the flow is a lot lot slower coop, questioning really which way I like it better and I'm a huge coop guy.

6994 Comments. 350 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo