Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7141 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Conan Exiles in May
15. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 12, 2017, 11:46 HorrorScope

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 02:49:
While I dislike games like those, since they dont offer much replay value for me, I would still prefer this over ARK. This actually feels more like a mini-MMO RPG, while ARK feels like DayZ with dinosaurs, AKA pointless.

Depends on what kind of server you play on. Being that you can run your own, there are many possibilities.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 VR Released
1. Re: Fallout 4 VR Released Dec 12, 2017, 11:25 HorrorScope

It works on the Oculus, both of Bethesda's recent releases do.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 11, 2017, 12:19 HorrorScope

Assuming gamer:
8 a solid recommended minimum.
16 handles additional overheads many will use.
32 specific needs territory.
End.

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 Free Trial
10. Re: The Evil Within 2 Free Trial Dec 9, 2017, 11:48 HorrorScope

StingingVelvet wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 01:20:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 22:59:
Well that is their problem and not ours, I just play the games. Why do I really care if they made a calculated mistake in marketing, which I don't really know?

You should care because what succeeds decides what comes out. Stuff like Dishonored and Prey doesn't sell, executives get the idea no one wants more games like that (even if it's the publisher's fault and people do).

Too many things to worry in life and as much as I like games as the next guy, nahhh. I'm just trying to judge again without near enough details. I know that's a pretty practical response, but that is wisdom coming with age. Getting over myself now.

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 Free Trial
6. Re: The Evil Within 2 Free Trial Dec 8, 2017, 22:59 HorrorScope

Jerykk wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 22:51:
Bethesda really needs to do a better job of marketing their games. Prey, Evil Within, Doom, Wolfenstein, Dishonored... they've made a lot of good games over the past few years but failed to give them the exposure they need to really succeed. EW2 is a significant improvement over the first game in many ways but it barely got any marketing.

Well that is their problem and not ours, I just play the games. Why do I really care if they made a calculated mistake in marketing, which I don't really know?

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
2. Re: New GeForce Drivers Dec 8, 2017, 22:58 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 22:42:
Anyone know how movement is done in the VR version? is it teleport?

Options for both.

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Dec 6, 2017, 01:59 HorrorScope

If Get Out is rated, it's over rated.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
13. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2017, 12:39 HorrorScope

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 19:05:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 17:45:
The internet people are not a small minority anymore.
Depends on how you definite "internet people". If you mean, people who interact with the Internet in some way on a regular basis, you are correct. If you mean, people who use computers, generally understand how they work, and comprehend the issues which will arise from Ajit Pai's actions -- then you are wrong.

I'm talking people that use it and PAY for it. You don't need to have an understanding beyond cost and restrictions of service.

12. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2017, 12:39 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 18:07:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 17:48:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 15:29:
Right, I'm not a single issue voter. A lot of the commenters on this board are politically sophisticated. That being said, at my age if it comes down to Social Security vs Net Neutrality, it's no contest.

The good news in that choice, they align to the same parties:

Dems:
For SS
For Net Neutrality

Repbus:
Scaled back SS
No Net Neut

Hard choice, no? You have to be someone that has life made in the shade and needs nothing but more laws to protect your business to vote Repub these days.

Right, but my point is that older voters might put NN further down the list compared to Millennials.

And that is their right, not that you are questioning it. But that is where others have to make up for it and vote. Grandma and Grandpa also use technology these days, if there is a link between this ruling and restriction/higher prices perhaps even they will see it. Thing is SS And NN align the same way. As does reduced healthcare and many other things. Can they put their pride aside? I say yes when it hurts enough.

9. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Dec 4, 2017, 17:48 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 15:29:
Right, I'm not a single issue voter. A lot of the commenters on this board are politically sophisticated. That being said, at my age if it comes down to Social Security vs Net Neutrality, it's no contest.

The good news in that choice, they align to the same parties:

Dems:
For SS
For Net Neutrality

Repbus:
Scaled back SS
No Net Neut

Hard choice, no? You have to be someone that has life made in the shade and needs nothing but more laws to protect your business to vote Repub these days.

8. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Dec 4, 2017, 17:45 HorrorScope

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 14:11:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 13:17:
But it would affect me, would it affect you. If the NET were to change in a very bad way. I'd vote on that single issue above abortion or gays. That is me. What are you? It depends if this issue weighs that much for you.
Many on this board would probably agree Net Neutrality was a good thing. We are a small minority of the voting population.

The internet people are not a small minority anymore.

5. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Dec 4, 2017, 13:17 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 02:02:
Yeah, lots of voters are "single issue voters" and vote based on that one issue. That's why Moore will win: he'll vote against "teh gays" and against "baby killers."

As for Net Neutrality, that's an issue that Millennials care about most. And they don't vote.

But it would affect me, would it affect you. If the NET were to change in a very bad way. I'd vote on that single issue above abortion or gays. That is me. What are you? It depends if this issue weighs that much for you.

News Comments > Bossa Studios Making AI Push
4. Re: Bossa Studios Making AI Push Dec 4, 2017, 12:55 HorrorScope

While you work on AI, the big boys will work on loot-box revenue.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 3, 2017, 12:50 HorrorScope

VoodooV wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 19:21:
need a lot more than revamping voting machines (nothing wrong with paper ballots) they need to reform voting period.

-be like the UK and limit the campaigns to a very short period of time like a few month before the election.
-eliminate gerrymandering
-get rid of FPTP so that 3rd parties aren't just spoilers
-eliminate electoral college
-get rid of private money in elections, period.

Yeah, I know. Won't happen in my lifetime, but a guy can dream.

There is a slim chance with one party of that happening in time and less than zero with the other party. Which party fits which?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 3, 2017, 12:48 HorrorScope

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 13:43:
Would it really make any sense to make the playing field uneven by having people with a 60fps advantage over the "basic version" peasantry? I could see why they would want to have parity here. Resolution is not as big a deal, but double the framerate is massive, even on the consoles with their less-precise gamepad controls.

I think there is a strong argument either way. Capitalistically, yes it makes sense that things improve and people want to invest in upgrades. Why shouldn't me newer, more capable HW have to be artificially hamstrung? But the other side, balanced competition. PC seems to be ok with varying hw specs.

News Comments > Abandon Ship Won't Set Sail This Year
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 2, 2017, 12:36 HorrorScope

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 22:27:
Been playing more everspace lately, which is basically an arcade space shooter FTL.

I was playing it but in VR on the Rift, I've hit a couple bugs (reported) and the performance is spotty. But really do like the overall idea of this Rouge Space-shooter. Space and VR are a match made in heaven, I gots me a space ship for $400. You can't beat that.

News Comments > Abandon Ship Won't Set Sail This Year
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 2, 2017, 12:35 HorrorScope

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 2, 2017, 05:41:
There is only one decent sailing game out there at the moment, and its called Naval Action.

Be warned, its an alpha. The GUI is terrible, the learning curve is extremely steep, and the gameplay is brutal and unforgiving. You will be ganked. A lot.

Not really selling it. Gui's are critical to me and the other two are important as well.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
18. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 2, 2017, 12:31 HorrorScope

SirKnight wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 21:08:
Razumen wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 20:48:
So posting videos of events that actually happened is "propaganda" and "hate speech" now? LOL

What about all the users that tweet for violence against men and white people? Why doesn't Twitter have to make excuses for that?

Of course we all know the answer already.

LOL! Yeah, the libtards are at it again. Anything that goes against their wickedness/political-correctness is "hate" yet they are the ones spreading the most true hate of all.

I'm positive, if you put yourself into either corner, you'd think terrible things about the other end. This is totally a two way street, with plenty of hate on both ends. We can't let either end fuck it all up, the ends are the problem.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
10. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 1, 2017, 18:34 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 18:24:
The 'evils' in the game are a religious cult, you know, like almost every whacky Far Cry game. I don't see the controversy here I guess?

Do republicans say, in the real world, worship a weird group whom they have to call the leader their 'Father' and they are his 'children' and his name is Joseph Seed? The game description says "Project at Eden's Gate" is "known to utilize scorched-earth tactics, destroying farms and other potential supplies of the Resistance."

Yeah, try that in the real world and they would be dead or arrested pretty quick by a pretty big task force, FBI, National Guard, etc mobilizing against the equivalent of a Terrorist Cell. Basically the bad guy is like the dude from the movie "Red State" and they all get killed by the ATF.

They know it fits. Religious crazies in a small town.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 1, 2017, 17:31 HorrorScope

Far Right 5. You read it here first.  

7141 Comments. 358 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo