Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6546 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 21, 2017, 20:57 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 18:01:
Might as well use XP with that logic, because it don't get security updates either just like your spyware riddled unpatched botnet 10 boxes.
Maybe you should make it your business.

Don't follow your logic, why not use 7 instead of XP?

But I rarely get spyware, to me that is more at the control of your browser. Firefox with addons are hard to beat. But those who stay on 7, "they say" that isn't as secure as 8 which is less secure than 10. Like no matter what you do to 7, parts of it will never be as secure as 10.

I live with the stats I get back, all running well over here and has for a looooong time. Clone backups in case, haven't used one for years either. I like 7, I went to 10 because I think it will be the inevitable thing to do and took the free offer and then locked down updates, at least for now. It has been great, like 7 before, wee little better overall in terms of general use, but again inevitable/$$$ got me over. Don't worry, I still have the Win7 last clone images to, just in case.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 21, 2017, 17:55 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 15:06:
Says the clown who decried Apple and Google for years and now owns a bunch of their products

I'm an enthusiast, I disable the aspects of Windows that bother me and move on with my life. Same as I've always done with every version of Windows. In fact I've never been completely happy with any version of Windows but "uninstall Xbox app after a Windows Update once a year" is pretty low on my list of complaints.

Hope people have a plan B here because Microsoft doesn't seem interested in caving on some of these things. If it bothered me that much I would start looking to alternatives.

Pretty much. Unless something big happens. I will get ZERO updates this year on 4 Win 10 systems. Because... you can still be in control of that if you want to be. But that is none of my bizniz.

12. Re: Microsoft Confirms Second Windows 10 Update Coming This Year Feb 21, 2017, 17:54 HorrorScope

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 12:17:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 09:15:
Yay. Can't wait to uninstall their shitty apps like the Shitbox app or the store TWICE this year.
I remember when you controlled your computer and its operating system, sadly those days are over. You give up the rights to your computer when you install 10.

LOL, I don't have any rights any more? Surely if I don't it doesn't have to do with Win10. My god people, it is only an O/S. Lets bring the exaggerations more inline.

If it is over due to the data minig... well I gave it up beforehand with pick one: my iphone or Android, that is if Win7 was pristine and not spying.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 20, 2017, 18:31 HorrorScope

LOL, these are simply a slider in their Basic User Settings screens. I like to think no one here would ever struggle with this and been through those the first couple hours after install.  

News Comments > MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games
36. Re: MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games Feb 19, 2017, 04:30 HorrorScope

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 19:10:
Uhm... Windows 10 exclusive or Windows exclusive? If the former, then fuck you and die.

It will be Win10 fully upgraded to latest only
Store Only

News Comments > GeForce Hotfix Drivers
7. Re: GeForce Hotfix Drivers Feb 18, 2017, 16:46 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 21:23:
So not updating gpu driver is no longer an option.

How can it not be an option when not everyone does it? And what if most of those people aren't being hacked? And what about all the other holes all over the place? Just wondering, everyone has been closing holes for 10 years, but keep finding an unlimited amount more right after. I'm just trying to understand security for a home systems. I don't feel secure because there are always holes no matter if I patch or not and then I monitor and haven't had problems. Wanting to really understand the grand scope.

News Comments > MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games
3. Re: MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games Feb 18, 2017, 16:03 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 15:48:
Oh just stop already.

This guy just has to go, he's long over done his welcome. You want to do something for Windows gamers, lets start with a fresh face so at least we are unsure of how much they will lie to us. This guy must have some outstanding pictures.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 17, 2017, 12:59 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 11:56:
Hooray for "competition?"

Am I alone thinking we are being set up here?

The thought of no net neutrality has the ISP's acting as good scout... See we are competing and look at these great all you eat offerings.

To once it is abolished, those replaced with even more shitty terms?

I dunno, but it seems the timing at least aligns.

News Comments > Smedley Opens New Amazon Games Studio
6. Re: Smedley Opens New Amazon Games Studio Feb 15, 2017, 20:56 HorrorScope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4reSPNfBO4  

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial
42. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 15, 2017, 20:45 HorrorScope

Leave out the common predictable BN themes...

It seems like a very solid deal. I doubt I'll bite but I do wonder if you are using this do you get the Supreme Versions or just the base versions and have to pay for the extra goodies?

News Comments > Smedley Opens New Amazon Games Studio
2. Re: Smedley Opens New Amazon Games Studio Feb 15, 2017, 20:29 HorrorScope

No shit.  

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 13, 2017, 16:49 HorrorScope

I can't be alone... I'd love to buy a new cpu say by years end... if there is one to merit the upgrade.  

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Feb 13, 2017, 12:57 HorrorScope

Shee, Darkest Dungeons is an amazingly well balanced, deep and challenging game.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: On Sale Feb 12, 2017, 18:48 HorrorScope

HoSpanky wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 18:27:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 18:06:
Is there a difference between a company like Cloud Imperium Games doing early access for Star Citizen and Funcom doing early access for Conan Exiles?

As far as I'm aware, Funcom isn't selling possible upcoming features for thousands of dollars. Also funcom didn't let people give them ANY money without SOMETHING in return, immediately.

Yep. These survival games, while not complete, many have put 1000's of hours if for less than the cost of a AAA. If nothing else ever happens and no matter what theses people say... they got value and satisfaction. They are fun, it would just be awesome to play a final version of one.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
40. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2017, 12:25 HorrorScope

nvm  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
39. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2017, 12:11 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 16:14:
Fear is running high among immigrant communities since President Donald Trump's inauguration

Why would they be nervous if they're here legally?

At face value that makes sense, but we saw The Ban(tm) wasn't allowing people will legal papers back in, in some cases. Reading the doc it seems it was mostly business as usual, perhaps a little broader, but each one still vetted on their own merits and to what local enforcement felt is just and standard.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 11, 2017, 18:48 HorrorScope

Yep looks solid there, next final release and game benches.  

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct
46. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 11, 2017, 13:26 HorrorScope

ItBurn wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 22:35:
It already costs 100$ to get a game on Greenlight, so people are willing to pay that and I think that's a good number to prevent spamming. 5K is definitely too high. I personally put a game on Steam and didn't make anything close to 5K. Thing is, I would have paid the 5K if I had to, but it would have turned out that I would have lost a sh*tload of money and that that money was instead in Valve's pockets, which would make me feel like I was swindled... So, seems like this new project of theirs is about raising the price. If they're going to do that, I suggest they stay below 500$. I think they should just leave it at 100$. I really don't think there's a problem with too many or too low quality games on Steam. You can get refunds, there's great reviews and you can filter things easily.

I'm fine in general with that, but I'm not sure I can filter as well as I would like to.

Also the dumb recommended for you shit on top. If I don't act, I see the same one's for a looong period of time. I have to tag "Not Interested" and I will on some, but not all I want to permanently hide, so I just keep getting those over and over, it needs to at least recommend a completely new list every 24 hours. I really want the new stuff cycling up top first though like it was. Not happy with the move to their choice of recommend. I play a space game, one, and next thing you know I have a list of 10 space games from all genre's showing up as recommended, because I like one space game!

Here is what I have right now:
Galaxy on Fire 2
Galatic Junk League
Eve Ascension
Interstellar Rift
Everquest 2 (LOL)
Endless Space
The Ship
Sniper Elite 4
Endless Sky
Resident Evil 7
Primal Carnage
COD Black Ops 3

I get the majority of that because of Empyrion. RE7 is all I would consider from that list and I bet that is going out to everyone no matter likes or dislikes.

Now what I care about... scroll to bottom, Popular New Releases... Now most is shit, but at least that is something new and I'll tag Wishlist, Not Interested or nothing. 6 out of 10 Not Interested, hopefully never to be seen again, unless I do a very specific search.

Then over to Top Sellers tab... Which have 8 on my Wishlist waiting for a sale.

What I want is now at the bottom of a multi-page scroll. Why? Used to be at top and made sense to be at top... new stuff.

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 2017, 13:39.

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct
36. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 10, 2017, 20:45 HorrorScope

No cost, secondary search status. Sell enough go on main. Earn a name, next time you bypass secondary.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs
6. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Feb 10, 2017, 20:40 HorrorScope

Perfect way to get your stock to raise, nice report AND LAYOFFS!  

6546 Comments. 328 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo