Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7862 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Atlas Rollback
3. Re: Atlas Rollback Jan 18, 2019, 22:02 HorrorScope

Watching some vids, looks like the most fun the games seen. Needs more hackers!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Division 2 Multiplayer Trailer
9. Re: The Division 2 Multiplayer Trailer Jan 18, 2019, 19:27 HorrorScope

They mention in this video D2's DZ limit is 12, they do seem like smaller areas. I believe D1 was 24 and with how big that zone was, it felt pretty barren. Seems a lot like more of the same though.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 18, 2019, 18:47 HorrorScope

It's to bad these NVMe's specs don't translate well to game vs the standard SSD's and there is a game mode with these, but everything but game benches, how fast does it load XXXXXXX,etc? Amazons pricing on the 1 tb is $50 higher than suggested in the presser and makes 2 512 gigs a better value.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
5. Re: Morning Patches Jan 18, 2019, 18:23 HorrorScope

That Quake 2 looks really nice, you have to go back and watch some original vids to recall and know how much better that looks. That would have been jaw-dropping in the day.  

News Comments > Totally Reliable Delivery Service Announced
2. Re: Totally Reliable Delivery Service Announced Jan 18, 2019, 18:17 HorrorScope

"Ever since I moved to the US, I noticed just how easy it is to get anything off Amazon or any online delivery service. I also noticed my packages aren't always in top notch shape. We've all seen those videos of how drivers actually handle our packages, which is where the idea for Totally Reliable Delivery Service was born." - Well whatever that is, it doesn't look like this game.  

News Comments > Two Anthem Videos
4. Re: Two Anthem Videos Jan 18, 2019, 18:13 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Jan 18, 2019, 16:48:
Nothing says, "We're worried about sales" more than pumping out a ton of videos.

At the same time they have a dept and budget, might as well do the job given. There are plenty of questions on the finer details on what Anthem does.

News Comments > Fallout 76: There's No Sex in the Developer's Room
4. Re: Fallout 76: There's No Sex in the Developer's Room Jan 17, 2019, 10:30 HorrorScope

If they just started with coop versions of their game, it wets their feet in mp gaming and these things here wouldn't matter and well it's something more people were asking for. Talk about taking your lumps, he wasn't lying when he said they didn't know much about MP, sounds like they should have used some of their money to bring some pro's in.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Apologizes for Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC Misstep
24. Re: Ubisoft Apologizes for Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC Misstep Jan 16, 2019, 22:34 HorrorScope

Forced hetro relationship? Well don't all games force you into things? Why can't a gay person make believe in having a hetro experience or vice versa. Why in a game does our real life have to mimic in game? How about genders that sometimes play the opposite? Or ladies who played Duke? Again we are hung up with sex in this country. And that's about as far as I'll go into stupid situations like this.  

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Going on a Diet: Will Require Redownload
1. Re: Sea of Thieves Going on a Diet: Will Require Redownload Jan 16, 2019, 20:07 HorrorScope

Well there's something you don't see every day.  

News Comments > Can You Actually See Ray Tracing?
27. Re: Can You Actually See Ray Tracing? Jan 16, 2019, 18:14 HorrorScope

Ozmodan wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 08:29:
I saw a test the other day with someone turning on ray tracing with a 2060 in BF V and getting single digit FPS in some areas.

The 2060 does come at a decent price point though, for $350 you get a card that is equivalent to a 1070 which still goes for $100 more.

It's benching better than a 1070ti, falling in between that and a 1080 and some are so small, it's not that big of a deal.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers Add Support for RTX 2060 and Some FreeSync Monitors
31. Re: New GeForce Drivers Add Support for RTX 2060 and Some FreeSync Monitors Jan 16, 2019, 18:12 HorrorScope

D-Rock wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 14:48:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 15, 2019, 10:31:
AMD won this round.

Umm...no. This change gives me, an NVIDIA owner, even more monitor options than before. There is no reason for me to buy an AMD card with this change. In fact, I'd be more likely to buy an NVIDIA card again since I will always have more monitor options.

NVIDIA provided a superior solution to something significantly awesome well before AMD did. They got my money then, and will likely continue to get it in the future.

How did they win?

I don't know the last time AMD/ATI won a GPU round, hate Nvidia if one must, but they deliver performance if at a premium price. Yes adding freesync was a win yesterday for a lot of nvidia owners.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 16, 2019, 18:08 HorrorScope

They are publicly traded and well it's going to happen. Perhaps it will be $50 a month some day for Netflix, they aren't against that idea.  

News Comments > Rumor Update: Star Wars Cancellation Was for Smaller Game
15. Re: Rumor Update: Star Wars Cancellation Was for Smaller Game Jan 16, 2019, 18:04 HorrorScope

So wait.. it's back on? Now I'm super hyped!

And fwiw what are we expecting from the next gen? Another HW upgrade? I don't think people want to start all over again do they?

News Comments > EA's Open World Star Wars Game Cancelled?
14. Re: EA's Open World Star Wars Game Cancelled? Jan 16, 2019, 18:03 HorrorScope

christheshitter wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 10:06:
AAA-gaming is dead. The only ones left will be the twelveyear olds stealing mommys credidcard to buy their lootboxes.

Interesting I play AAA Games and I'm not using credit cards and lootboxes, must be different options out there.

Open World Star Wars am I supposed to have feelings for something I never knew?

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
3. Re: Hardware Reviews Jan 16, 2019, 18:02 HorrorScope

That xx60 article is a good look at where it's come, this generation is no slouch in gains, the 1060 and 2060 look to be memorable, oh yea and + ray tracing.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 16, 2019, 17:59 HorrorScope

Well I'll give Gigabyte some point for creativity, that is quite the monitor, it's a cheat or a competitive advantage, nice interface on it:

AORUS’ tactical features are explained below:

&#9679; Black Equalizer&#65306;Brightens up the dark parts in the picture for better visibility in dark areas.

&#9679; Aim Stabilizer&#65306;This feature will help you reduce the blurriness of the recoil effect while you are shooting in an FPS game. It can also help you trace moving enemies much easier.

&#9679; GameAssist&#65306;This is a kit of OSD functions that helps you in game. It includes a customizable crosshair, a counter, a timer, and multi-screen alignment lines.

&#9679; AORUS Dashboard&#65306;We can display hardware information directly on screen, such as mouse DPI and GPU/CPU information.

&#9679; OSD Sidekick&#65306;You can now control the monitor through this software and control your OSD with mouse and keyboard. A much easier way to adjust your monitor.

News Comments > Far Cry New Dawn System Specs
16. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 16, 2019, 17:55 HorrorScope

Hope it is tweaked a little better than FC5, it was a bit piggy if you ask me. There is some pretty cool AI moments in this game. Hopefully they tightened it all up well and yeah it's going to be 1/2 that before I nab it.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers Add Support for RTX 2060 and Some FreeSync Monitors
28. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 16, 2019, 02:40 HorrorScope

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 00:44:
That's odd. I'm using a 980ti with ultra textures and that has 6gb too, and the game runs buttery smooth. Maybe try toggling from dx12 to dx11. I use DX12 as it gives me best performance with future frame rendering turned off, but it had given me issues on a couple maps with stutters that i boiled down to nvidia control panel settings.. this game really doesnt like it when you have high quality texture filtering forced in nvidia drivers. when i made a custom profile for bf5 that sets it to the nvidia default (quality), the issues seemed to go away. forced nvidia control panel high quality filtering also seems to break anisotrophic filtering in the game.

His example was with Ray Tracing turned on on BF5 as well. So it's a little apples/oranges. Yes other vids show BF5 without ray tracing using 4k of vram 1080P ultra. Continuing on in the video he linked, the guy presenting thought the stuttering could be because of so many times he toggled options, he restarted the game and it was smooth, it did lose several frames though vs High Text w/Ray Tracing.

News Comments > Can You Actually See Ray Tracing?
20. Re: Can You Actually See Ray Tracing? Jan 15, 2019, 22:24 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 15, 2019, 13:29:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 15, 2019, 12:46:
I think it has always been the case when you start playing a game and stop gawking directly at the GFX's a lot of it isn't as important or noticeable. That said, if you can give me better, so be it, that's how the world is supposed to spin.

I think "GPU can ~98% match the visual results of ray-tracing" if looking for it, I feel it's well less than 98%. In the examples we've all seen there is a very noticeable difference and it's a major class step above rasterization.

Now does either tell the same story? Yeah. That then becomes a movie type thing, you can get the same story and pull from a phone than you can from a 100" projection system, once your pulled into the story it all translates over no matter size screen. Again it's when you stop to specifically look at X is when that starts to matter more.

But you don't play GFX you play immersion. And if a graphics feature does not add anything to your immersion it should be disabled (like any god awful motion blur, depth of field or blur aa)

I think that is what I've alluded to as well.

19. Re: New GeForce Drivers Add Support for RTX 2060 and Some FreeSync Monitors Jan 15, 2019, 18:11 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Jan 15, 2019, 17:55:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 15, 2019, 17:21:
Task wrote on Jan 15, 2019, 15:16:
In other words get 2x2060's.

The don't do SLI, only the 80's do.

Well that's dumb

A lot of people gave up on SLI, so now they feel it's only a top of line gamer that would bleed for it.

7862 Comments. 394 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo