Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 7411 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
5. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 19, 2018, 22:54 HorrorScope

Bill Borre wrote on May 19, 2018, 15:10:
So now they can be evil?

That's the catch 22 of having that saying, you get rid of it, you admit to it. Funny stuff.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Age of Wonders: Planetfall Announced
4. Re: Age of Wonders: Planetfall Announced May 19, 2018, 18:13 HorrorScope

Did they allow you to coop the story or just individual maps?

This comment was edited on May 19, 2018, 20:13.

News Comments > No Man's Sky NEXT Adds Multiplayer in July
17. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Adds Multiplayer in July May 19, 2018, 15:02 HorrorScope

Kxmode, it's a game and not repeated performance, being their first time out. If you had any patience to wait and see, you wouldn't have been fooled. It seems your personality can betray you. Now we have people who waited, got in much cheaper and with more of a complete game, they seem more satisfied. Their trait paid dividends.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. May 18, 2018, 20:10 HorrorScope

The funny thing is someone actually thinks this is really Valves doings. Somewhere someone has either called them or has warned them about potential liabilities. As the article stated, nudity is tough to manage where each country and state could have different regulations. Most business would love zero regulations, then you'd get it all, but that world has its own set of problems.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Free Weekend
13. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Free Weekend May 18, 2018, 18:19 HorrorScope

thecakeisalie wrote on May 18, 2018, 14:47:
I am not willing to forgive them putting the game out as pay-to-win with gambling boxes then only walking it back once the money started to dry up. It's a no sale for me at any price.

Pay to win in an easy single player game? lol. The loot boxes were there for people that have more money then sense. Was it ever really a factor? Just ignore it and play the game. But go save the world, why not.

News Comments > State of Decay 2 Reviews
34. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 15:59 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 17, 2018, 15:32:
No deals on it atm. It's averaging $50 on ITAD atm, when they were selling EA of it for as low as $16 so I won't even be looking at Conan until it gets back down to $20.

Pretty funny game some of these places are playing these days, huh?

You are right $16 is the target, $20 or less for sure. They must be looking for the idiots right now.

33. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 15:58 HorrorScope

Peter M. Smith wrote on May 17, 2018, 14:19:
Because my PS3 is a specialty computer it's acceptable to deal with running at a required OS level. But because my PC is a general use computer it's not acceptable to deal with running at a required OS level?

I'm a little different than Dark's on this... It's BS to on the PSx if the update doesn't truly have a critical reason why it needs to be applied for a game to play. It's BS there to, feel any better about that?

32. Re: State of Decay 2 Reviews May 17, 2018, 15:55 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on May 17, 2018, 12:17:
Let's not forget their constant need to cram every fucking windows update down your throat too. like how State of Decay 2 absolutely requires the latest build of windows or it wont even install.

Thats some bullshit right there. I totally wanted to avoid getting the creative update on my pc because of all the bullshit issues it brings with it. So, yea this just pisses me off eve more to no end.

Now I haven't had an issue with the updates, but that is grade A bullshit. It seems like every new game they come out with they will always require the latest version. It is just another reason to stay away from their damn store. This is buggy, no huge surprise the first one was to and there were many updates to it and if I recall a Enhanced version as well. So here's my stance... I'm gonna wait patches and most likely a non-MS store release. Do those things, then I'm yours.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 15, 2018, 00:29 HorrorScope

In 30 years how many times a PDF has messed up my PC's. Zero.  

News Comments > RAGE 2 Video Leak?
20. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 15:13 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on May 14, 2018, 13:54:
HorrorScope wrote on May 14, 2018, 13:28:
Darks wrote on May 14, 2018, 11:12:
Just as long as it has Coop. Ill be OK with it.

I know you're a coop guy like I am, have you tried Styx Shards of Darkness? I'm going through that now and I'm surprised how good it is in coop. Gives a nice unique feeling vs the rest of our coop games.

Yes, I have. I like the game but its a bit annoying when you get caught and your combat ability is next to none. Kind of sours the experience that you dont have much of a chance to fight them off.

Yes he's defenseless, flee. He can offensively kill unsuspecting directly or indirectly via traps. I'm ok with that because if he could kill in hand to hand, then it would lose a lot of the stealth aspect, I'll just strong arm the game.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
23. Re: Sunday Mobilization May 14, 2018, 15:09 HorrorScope

It's every problem we all know would happen. Conflict of interests if the sitting president has a lot of companies still going while president.  

17. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 13:28 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on May 14, 2018, 11:12:
Just as long as it has Coop. Ill be OK with it.

I know you're a coop guy like I am, have you tried Styx Shards of Darkness? I'm going through that now and I'm surprised how good it is in coop. Gives a nice unique feeling vs the rest of our coop games.

16. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 13:27 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on May 14, 2018, 13:00:
That was a garbage video, but apparently they will have a gameplay video tomorrow. The actual Mad Max guys are involved. (Avalanche.)

Hopefully it's not Avalanche's A team, because I want those guys to be doing Just Cause 4...

That's good to know about Avalanche, I did enjoy Mad Max. The one thing that stuck out as feeling good was driving in first person, the way the engine sounded that way and the view, it really reminded me of some racing around in my youth.

10. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 11:11 HorrorScope

The human models in the trailer look pretty good, approaching uncanny valley but still quite not there.  

News Comments > Get Stories: The Path of Destinies for Free
5. Re: Get Stories: The Path of Destinies for Free May 12, 2018, 20:25 HorrorScope

Parallax Abstraction wrote on May 12, 2018, 17:08:
You end up playing the same story over many times but each time, you can unlock additional choices and places to visit. Ultimately, your goal is to make the best decisions to get the best ending.

The combat's nothing innovative but it's a really neat approach to story telling. I never finished it but did play it quite a bit after recording the video.

I think it is very good idea in how they approach the story, ARPG's to me have to bring something more and if Diablo for example had something like this within their game, to me I'd find it much more interesting to play.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews May 12, 2018, 12:32 HorrorScope

If the AAA's can't figure out the economic the rest will. Instead of 3 hours for $30, there are plenty of 10-15 hours for $10, with unique ideas and art.

As for...
"besides, you simply can't monetise single-player games as effectively as a big, social, multiplayer experience. Right?"

Like Fortnite is FTP and I'm sure many people haven't spent $60 on the game. More like you can't monetize sp games to match what whales will spend in multiplayer games", to me that makes it much more clear on the reality. What's stupid is some of these games are easily topping 5 million copies and we then hear they didn't meet expectations. They really need to get their management under control.

News Comments > Fortnite 50v50 Returns
10. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Returns May 12, 2018, 12:27 HorrorScope

Sepharo wrote on May 12, 2018, 02:09:
It's not some huge mystery...
It's the genre that's popular. 100 players on a large map single server where there's only 1 winner.
It's stuff kids dreamed about in the late 90s and 2000s when we were stuck in relatively low population arena shooters.

Right, I don't play them now, but I totally get the draw. This is perfect for the quick fix, adrenaline feeling.

News Comments > Fortnite 50v50 Returns
1. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Returns May 11, 2018, 17:44 HorrorScope

That is when a product is rolling, just say it and let it lay.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches May 10, 2018, 21:47 HorrorScope

"Over the last few months, we’ve made over 300 fixes and features throughout the 2.5 Infinity Engine updates."

Shits like Windows Security, every month more fixes.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse May 8, 2018, 10:46 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 7, 2018, 13:02:
They already make money through partnerships. They made over half a billion dollars last year alone. So they're not doing stuff for "free". If it's a real issue, and it's not, why not allow people to buy the browser? Charge people something nominal like $5 a year for patches/updates. Problem solved that doesn't involve advertising.

They made 100 million on 500 million revenue, they make most of their money by using selling the default search usually between 325-450 million per year. They moved back to Google and that agreement hasn't been released to the public yet. They also have over 1000 employees. Perhaps they simply feel they need or want more revenue, perhaps they see selling the default browser as something may shrink in revenue over the next several years and are working on another revenue stream. I really can't say specifically since I'm not n their board, the main thing is this can be thwarted and is in a very specific spot.

7411 Comments. 371 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo