Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 8308 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch
45. Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch Sep 15, 2019, 19:09 HorrorScope

Zord wrote on Sep 15, 2019, 13:32:
@HorrorScope That wasn't about exclusives which are on every store front. It was about UWP and related tech MSFT was pushing at the time, which would of made Microsoft the sole distributor, like the Apple App Store. MSFT relented and now has a higher market cap for it

@Rhett I haven't had any issues with the game at all, launcher running or not

Right, I totally know that, but there are similarities. MS is trying to hog it all for themselves (they actually haven't done that still do date) and then Sweeney releases an exclusive Store funded by Tencent who we know wants to dominate global gaming to themselves. Wake up.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 15, 2019, 19:04 HorrorScope

Why pay $60 for a 15 hour SP game, unless MP Gears is really your thing?  

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Video
6. Re: The Outer Worlds Video Sep 15, 2019, 15:10 HorrorScope

It's also MS Store and on the Sub so you can play if for like $10 on release for month. Looks like New Vegas Shock and someone is doing a demo with a controller.  

News Comments > August Video Game Sales Down 18% Over Last Year
7. Re: August Video Game Sales Down 18% Over Last Year Sep 15, 2019, 12:42 HorrorScope

El Pit wrote on Sep 15, 2019, 04:34:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 14, 2019, 15:07:
Adults and kids alike are saying no to games and getting back out to playing real sports and working hard!

...that they would have to pay for and instead watch other people play the games on Youtube and Twitch while sitting on their asses, eating burritos, and getting fatter and fatter and lazier and lazier.

Oh shit, you're right man.

News Comments > Dauntless Launches This Month
5. Re: Dauntless Launches This Month Sep 15, 2019, 12:39 HorrorScope

I feel like I've played this game a while back ago.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 15, 2019, 12:38 HorrorScope

Ohh tokens!  

38. Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch Sep 15, 2019, 12:31 HorrorScope

SabreT wrote on Sep 15, 2019, 06:31:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 14, 2019, 20:41:
Borderlands 3 spent good money on getting a ton of people streaming I see.

Realy I didn't see more than a hand full of streamers with the Sponsored tag. Most just got the early access key's that any other modern game devs give to streamers. Could it be that it's just a fun game... HEAVENS NO!!!

What streamers have stood up to EGS? Has there been any decent to big sized names? Or are they just whores? I think we know that answer. So they play along like there isn't anything going on. I dunno...

My main gripe beyond the normal exclusive, is Sweeney's words to the public. He warned us, run scared MS is going to wall their garden, they didn't and who did? Sweeney. Project 101.

Yes I do look forward to playing BL3, I wouldn't buy it until 50% off anyway no matter what store front, I'm up to my eyeballs and one things with these Subs is I get to play new games like Anthem and Gears 5, for example that I wouldn't normally for at least 6 months. No wonder a lot of gamers are angry, the games really really are better with a good number of patches, I typically don't feel this, but when new I do, it does raise tensions a bit. So that sticks out pretty good to me and I wonder long-term how this plays out as more and more get that. Subs though are super cheap.

19. Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch Sep 14, 2019, 20:41 HorrorScope

Borderlands 3 spent good money on getting a ton of people streaming I see.  

News Comments > August Video Game Sales Down 18% Over Last Year
2. Re: August Video Game Sales Down 18% Over Last Year Sep 14, 2019, 15:07 HorrorScope

Adults and kids alike are saying no to games and getting back out to playing real sports and working hard!  

6. Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch Sep 14, 2019, 15:05 HorrorScope

Can he prove that with numbers that can be verified?  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Released
55. Re: Borderlands 3 Released Sep 13, 2019, 21:19 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 20:45:
ventry wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 19:57:
Been reading reports of this game uploading at a constant 2Mb/s during play due to the new Denuvo being used. If there is any deviation or interruption the game folds.

Anyone confirm??

You're the second guy in the thread to mention this, so it's certainly a point of worry.

Are they using us to seed others downloading?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 13, 2019, 18:14 HorrorScope

The new CA law is going to give havoc to these contractor models.  

29. Re: Borderlands 3 Released Sep 13, 2019, 14:53 HorrorScope

Capitan wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 14:35:
Tell Me what's the big thing with this game? I can't understand hype of this utterly mediocre thing. It's not even fun...

Coop looter shooter with a active method of story telling, that's a great genre imo.

Reading more, sounds like it is going to be good when all patched up. A lot of little issues, but the basic game play is the guns feel a lot better and are much more unique a and less stingy on the drops.

21. Re: Borderlands 3 Released Sep 13, 2019, 14:23 HorrorScope

Right now this one is my leader in the clubhouse:

"Matchmaking put me into the game of a person farther ahead in the story than me. Upon joining, all the quests they completed became completed on my character too. All the voicelines from those story missions played all at once.

I missed out on a ton of story and had to restart my character because of this."

News Comments > Cube World Nears
7. Re: Cube World Nears Sep 8, 2019, 11:08 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Sep 7, 2019, 11:13:
Kind of amusing but other games have since surpassed it. Wollay just couldn't keep up with the pace due to his full time job.

This is happening a lot in gaming, at a point in time this would have been very hot.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 7, 2019, 11:11 HorrorScope

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 22:59:
Not sure that idea applies to cryptocurrency.

I did recently read a finance article which was pretty interesting. The other day Michael Burry (one of the guys who saw the mortgage market crash coming and made billions) was talking about how the investments everyone tells us to invest make, you know S&P 500 funds and such... are a bubble. My initial reaction to this was, "what the hell are you talking about?"

But he put forward the argument that so many trillions of dollars are in these funds now, that they have artificially inflated the value of those stocks across the board. Which makes some sense... and that hedge and fund managers are aware of this and are waiting and watching for the next crash/recession to start and when it does, the first thing they will do is pull their money out of those funds, which will of course haste/worsen the crash/recession... And normal Americans with 401ks and IRAs will watch our collective savings take a turn to the worse which will make 2007/2008 look like a bright sunny day...

Wonderful thoughts, eh?

It's the 100% truth to at least a fair level of what you said. Cousin to a pyramid scheme. The vampires take what they need and then let the rest bleed out and start all over.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 7, 2019, 10:27 HorrorScope

The Windows 10 Privacy Settings You Should Check Right Now. - I can stop them from getting my information for the 100,001 time.  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2019, 21:08 HorrorScope

Watching some streams for a few mins here and there... I'm not getting it.  

News Comments > Path of Exile: Blight Released
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 6, 2019, 16:30 HorrorScope

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 15:28:
LiTh wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 13:56:
Verno wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 10:36:
The correct URL is this one and he posted the update early because hes out the rest of the day.

Is this the patch with the graphical revamp? I keep trying to enjoy POE but can't, something with the animations and graphics just feels really off and unsatisfying. I know a lot of people like it and I'm in the minority here but I really feel like the visuals aren't doing the rest of the game justice.

Depending on the skill and how much cast/attack speed one pumps into his character things sometimes will feel off. As you level up things should start to feel good. Around level 65 you'll be close in feel to where your character will feel level 90 (100 max). One can level into the 60's in a few days of gameplay at most so its not such a huge grind.

My advise would be to pick a build that looks good on youtube and the forums (thats current!) and go off of that. Nowadays i never even use builds as i feel as if i have an equivalent of a PhD in the game mechanics. Only game to ever scratch that d2 itch i had as a teenager oh so long ago.

Whats your starting build for new leagues? I haven't played in a few years.. Ground slam marauder was a big thing back then so.. yeah

Well Legion was a Cyclone build ftw. Yes to Necro's they got reworked this round. Last round was melee.

News Comments > The Bardís Tale IV: Directorís Cut Released
7. Re: The Bardís Tale IV: Directorís Cut Released Sep 6, 2019, 16:28 HorrorScope

GinRummy wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 14:18:
I finished this game when it first came out (I was a backer) and enjoyed it immensely. The grid fighting style was strange at first but once you learned how to best use it things became fun. Puzzles rarely stumped my too long, though some were tedious. I look forward to trying the new version from scratch some time again soon.

It was good, but you also see where it could have been improved and so far I think the consensus is the DC is disappointing. Quite a few new bugs, so now got to wait for that to be sorted.

8308 Comments. 416 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo