Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 8433 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace Next Month

2. Re: Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace Next Month Nov 16, 2019, 10:53 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 16, 2019, 03:17:
I am wondering if the game actually has enough active players to sustain this... according to steam less than 50 players played it recently, and they haven't fixed any bugs or glitches, just releasing new disjointed content.

The support of this series if bizarre. I liked Tw2 after about a years or so patches, then one DLC, then a huge gap then a couple more DLC's come out of nowhere, I didn't play those due to reviewing badly and now this. It is like someone has the code and this is all what they know to do, so they make some new content. Tw3 would make more sense, but I suppose whoever is doing this today knows they can't handle a full release. Just odd.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Anthem Overhaul Coming?

6. Re: Anthem Overhaul Coming? Nov 16, 2019, 10:44 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Nov 16, 2019, 05:15:
The entire game from top to bottom would need to be redone and they need leadership that understands what makes a game fun. Anthem was a series of terrible design decisions and seemed almost intentionally done to piss people off.

Not to sound too much of an optimist, but it seems from what has been rumored they know the loop has to change and they do have new(er) leadership and a few have left the building. Not like I'm holding my breath, but they do have a good combat model with skills and flight, but yeah it would be some story if somehow this one is turned around.

News Comments > Path of Exile 2 Announced

9. Re: Path of Exile 2 Announced Nov 15, 2019, 23:09 HorrorScope

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 22:30:
Cram wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 22:20:
4.0 is PoE2.
Okay, that makes a little more sense, although I'm not sure how I missed that previously. Have they said that from the beginning and I managed to overlook it somehow? Or did they come to a realization after announcing 4.0 that they wanted to call it PoE2?

This, we just learned 4 was 2. My #1 thing and I don't see it in previews is a lot more skills where you can move and fire them off at the same time. The stop to use the skill is a major limpy for me, so I gravitated the the few/builds that don't have to.

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released

21. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 15, 2019, 20:29 HorrorScope

Watching on Twitch and yeah it's a rental for me, for those liking it and not just saying people here who like it, but I don't get how one can like this and then shit on recent past EA games, it looks very similar. I see a scaled down DAI in this, Anthem has better combat. MEA I haven't played but something tells me it's down this same vein. I'm not saying not to like this, but then imo there are redeeming qualities in their other games. I bet EA is confused on what people really want sometimes if this ends up being critically acclaimed.  

18. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 15, 2019, 17:34 HorrorScope

Do you feel this game has a lot of replayablity? If not, why not just rent for $15?  

15. Re: Get Company of Heroes 2 for Free Nov 15, 2019, 16:15 HorrorScope

Flatline wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 15:06:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 14:33:
COD is more of a PVP game now though, isn't it? Is this Star Wars game going be a big PVP game?

The latest COD game is apparently a shitshow in PvP. Echoing loud footsteps and overpowered individual guns have basically turned the map into a Camping Carl festival.

Probably so, but tit is more PvP centric, no? The single player is a nice addon they put in now?

13. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 15, 2019, 14:33 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 13:59:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 13:28:
Verno wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 13:22:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 12:50:
Darks I know you were playing Rune II and liking it, still good or should I avoid for now?

How can a 12 hour game be $60 in the lords year 2019?

Quality, not quantity. I'm totally happy paying $60 for a 12 hour game if its fun and a cool experience.

I want to agree with you, but honestly I feel the goal posts have moved over the years with such saturation. 12 hour game to me means the next day I'm done with it, I would look back and say pretty much no matter what unless it is simply a landmark game (this isn't, is it?) and say A. I should have got a month of Access instead for $15 and then have 28 more days to possibly pay something else. 2. Wait for a deep sale and enjoy it then, it will be better patched and $20 for two days is more palatable.

If we go back 10-15 years I think what you say is more viable.

Well, if you consider the latest COD was only around 5 or 6 hours. Then I guess this is a good deal. The new Terminator game that came out two days ago is also right at 10 hours. Seems to be the norm anymore.

COD is more of a PVP game now though, isn't it? Is this Star Wars game going be a big PVP game?

8. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 15, 2019, 13:28 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 13:22:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 15, 2019, 12:50:
Darks I know you were playing Rune II and liking it, still good or should I avoid for now?

Quality, not quantity. I'm totally happy paying $60 for a 12 hour game if its fun and a cool experience.

I want to agree with you, but honestly I feel the goal posts have moved over the years with such saturation. 12 hour game to me means the next day I'm done with it, I would look back and say pretty much no matter what unless it is simply a landmark game (this isn't, is it?) and say A. I should have got a month of Access instead for $15 and then have 28 more days to possibly pay something else. 2. Wait for a deep sale and enjoy it then, it will be better patched and $20 for two days is more palatable.

If we go back 10-15 years I think what you say is more viable.

5. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Released Nov 15, 2019, 12:50 HorrorScope

News Comments > etc.

4. Re: etc. Nov 12, 2019, 20:44 HorrorScope

The army is proving it is addictive.  

News Comments > Obsidian: Pillars of Eternity III Uncertain, Would Require Changes

4. Re: Obsidian: Pillars of Eternity III Uncertain, Would Require Changes Nov 11, 2019, 13:19 HorrorScope

I'm tired of the iso mechanics of RtwP and tiring of the iso rpg mechanics in general, but DOS does it so well that I still enjoy that one. The mechanics are getting to me.  

News Comments > Op Ed

40. Re: Op Ed Nov 8, 2019, 19:24 HorrorScope

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Nov 8, 2019, 15:11:
Who the fuck has 100 hours to put into a game? Not me.
People go into the 1000ís if hours played. Ultimately itís a director then consumer choice.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 8, 2019, 13:12 HorrorScope

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 8, 2019, 13:09:
ldonyo wrote on Nov 8, 2019, 12:51:
Cutter wrote on Nov 8, 2019, 11:29:
There'd be no consoles either if you had focused on PC gaming too. Another place you dropped the ball.
There were consoles before there was a Microsoft, Cutter.

Many many consoles. Nintendo dropped the ball which gave birth to Sony.

Atari dropped the ball.

Is that intel surface piece paid advertising?

News Comments > Op Ed

17. Re: Op Ed Nov 8, 2019, 13:08 HorrorScope

I get the point and agree that a long game isnít as needed as once was, aka a lot less releases then. But too much I in that commentary.

That said a lot of games are a lot shorter if you just play the main and skip all the rest.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Announced

4. Re: World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Announced Nov 1, 2019, 19:40 HorrorScope

Bill Borre wrote on Nov 1, 2019, 19:28:
Say what you will about Blizzard they know how to make good cinematics.

Pixar makes amazing cinematics.

News Comments > Diablo IV Announced

11. Re: Diablo IV Announced Nov 1, 2019, 19:39 HorrorScope

Looks exactly like an ARPG, congrats.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials

7. Re: Ubisoft Financials Oct 31, 2019, 19:32 HorrorScope

The only thing that seemed to go sideways from what I see was Breakpoint. All their other games seem well enough made for me.  

News Comments > EA Plans Outlined

13. Re: EA Plans Outlined Oct 31, 2019, 11:57 HorrorScope

FWIW Dragon age had a two year, then a three year cycle, in this case it will be 7+ years. Does anyone here really believe it is going to be amazing balls because they could have put 7 years into it? 3 years imo is plenty of time (4 max) to turn a DA game if things are going right for the developers, obviously they haven't been. So because we'll get 7 years between, we'll get words they've only really worked on it for a much smaller amount of time, 'cause... wait for it... Bioware Magic.  

News Comments > New Steam Library Launches

27. Re: New Steam Library Launches Oct 31, 2019, 11:51 HorrorScope

I've been using beta, once I understood where somethings were and understood the new, I like a bit better than before. This was not a high priority thing for me personally, but I get companies want to keep their products fresh. Some of the tagging is nice. I like the individual game page better. It was more knowing where some of the stuff is to get you back in the equivalent setup you had, for example I like the Recent View for Library, it changed to default after the update, the little clock puts it back to what I'm used to.  

News Comments > Op Ed

7. Re: Op Ed Oct 30, 2019, 18:52 HorrorScope

We are just trying to navigate through a minefield, we only stand for making as much money as possible, nothing more and nothing less.  

8433 Comments. 422 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >