Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 6938 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Police Simulator 18 Delay; Trailer
8. Re: Police Simulator 18 Delay; Trailer Aug 22, 2017, 17:20 HorrorScope

You'd think with 17 of these under their belts, they could get the release date down.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cities: Skylines - Green Cities Announced
4. Re: Cities: Skylines - Green Cities Announced Aug 22, 2017, 16:43 HorrorScope

I've heard they cut the budget for this.  

News Comments > Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced
35. Re: Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced Aug 22, 2017, 11:10 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 20:15:
Oh joy, another version of a game being redone. So, now its the Definitive version, 5 years from now it will be the Super HD definitive version, another 5 years after that it will be the Super Duper 4K HD definitive version.

So when does all the rehashing stop and the new versions start to come out? Literally M$ and their gaming department are some of the most lazy fucks I have ever seen.

Oh, and on top of that lets make it a Win 10 exclusive for a game that was essentially brought out for Windows XP. Great going M$, you never cease to maze us with your low down stupidity and greed.

If people look forward to and buy it, why does it have to stop? The market speaks. If no one buys it MS loses money, who cares?

News Comments > Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced
33. Re: Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced Aug 22, 2017, 10:54 HorrorScope

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 19:56:
What's the difference between the Windows Store, Origin, the Epic Launcher, and Uplay? Nothing, just none of them are Steam.

There's a difference and this is from a guy that uses all those other without an issue and likes win10. Store... it's going to be a while before I ever dive into it. Beyond just basicly being crappy, it is all about the UWP, that is their path to the walled garden that can change pc's forever or better known as the Tim Sweeney warning, with forward by Gabe Newell. If you buy there, you are supporting and working towards that goal and most likely you don't want that goal, ever.

Some of the crappy:
Always have to be on the latest version to use it. - I like to control my updates and am conservative here.

The first time you do it, it will probably trick you and all of a sudden when you start windows you are now logging into with an email/password. That's a sour taste. Yeah you can google to see how to undo that. But you never wanted it to begin with.

It is clunky AF.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2017, 11:20.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends
41. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 21, 2017, 11:15 HorrorScope

necrosis wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 00:24:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 23:43:
WaltC wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 17:29:
Nobody, but nobody comes close to CDPR in game support--it's not even close, CDProjekt is so far ahead. As is well known, they support their games years into the future,

I think Blizzard surpasses them, just saying...
And I think you are high, just saying...,,,,,,,,,,

High and correct. Diablo 2 was updated in 2016. Granted they have the years in and the money to do this.

News Comments > Hurl VR Next Month
4. Re: Hurl VR Next Month Aug 20, 2017, 23:47 HorrorScope

Bumpy wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 21:34:
VR needs some serious help as it appears to be catching on as well as 3D TV.

My hope is for Mircrosofts AR; make work and play more productive and fun without having to be blinded worse than a horse.

Is it?

Seems to have had a nice bump this summer so far.

AR, not that I won't be interested to seeing what it does for games, I actually see non-games being more useful. But why would I want my home/office surroundings to always be the center point, where game objects project on to them? When I can have a whole unique world created for the same objects to play in? I just don't get that one.

As for Hurl, ehhh.

33. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 23:43 HorrorScope

WaltC wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 17:29:
Nobody, but nobody comes close to CDPR in game support--it's not even close, CDProjekt is so far ahead. As is well known, they support their games years into the future,

I think Blizzard surpasses them, just saying...

19. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Single-player Support Ends Aug 20, 2017, 17:30 HorrorScope

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 15:26:

On a financial perspective it doesn't really seem to make much sense as there really won't be a tremendous amount of income derived from this.

Been at the top of the charts the past couple weeks. So there is a market out there that wants an improved cheaper edition.

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Trailer
9. Re: Project CARS 2 Trailer Aug 19, 2017, 18:10 HorrorScope

theglaze wrote on Aug 19, 2017, 17:27:
They are hyping this game and releasing alongside the titans of Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport, and on paper, they appear to have the advantage.

Is GT and Forza coming to non-Window Store pc's?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 17, 2017, 18:59 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 11:15:
Piss poor job at marketing, and 29 new games on steam, per day.

Yep and Yep.

And to add the series has been trending down and they don't have coop now, love it when you lose features. Is this Electronic Arts?

News Comments > Cities: Skylines - Concerts Released
2. Re: Cities: Skylines - Concerts Released Aug 17, 2017, 18:57 HorrorScope

Freebird?  

News Comments > Crackdown 3 Delayed
16. Re: Crackdown 3 Delayed Aug 17, 2017, 18:56 HorrorScope

I'm even a win10 liker and I won't touch the store at least in any immediate future. MS best be playing the looooong game here, otherwise all numbers will be disappointing.  

News Comments > Prey Trial Version Released
25. Re: Prey Trial Version Released Aug 17, 2017, 02:22 HorrorScope

Games talked about, Steam/Console Sales:

Prey: 350K (400k console)
Dishonored: 3.2m (been on sale a lot) (3.9m console)
Dishonored 2: 850k (2.1m console)
DE HR: 1.5m (been on sale a lot) (2.8m console)
DE MD: 750k (1m console)
Xcom: 3.5m (been on sale a lot) (1.2m console)
Xcom2: 1.5m (300k console)

What do I get from this:
-If you budget right all these games should still be money makers.
-It is hard for a sequel to live up to a big first release.
-Why?: Saturation, Itch scratched. Tells you how much overall people liked/unliked the first. I bet finishing or not matters.

-You can take a lot of games and see the same pattern, I think it has to do with both, I've been there and didn't finish it, even though I thought it was good, I didn't finish the first. No reason to buy the second until I least go back and finish.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 16, 2017, 19:17 HorrorScope

NicklePop wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 17:27:
Obama, the guy who helped create these tensions ... is a fool.

Right because those oppressed shouldn't stand up, they should turn-around and bend over.

Obama is a saint vs Trump.

News Comments > Prey Trial Version Released
4. Re: Prey Trial Version Released Aug 16, 2017, 18:55 HorrorScope

And to rep the other side, I liked hour 1, hour 25 and all hours in-between. I think this is a great idea, I believe the first hour can give you a solid feeling for of the game.  

News Comments > Johnny Depp Co-Producing The Secret World TV Show
4. Re: Johnny Depp Co-Producing The Secret World TV Show Aug 15, 2017, 14:26 HorrorScope

RNG hit 20 today.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 14, 2017, 20:37 HorrorScope

I thought 10 was their last O/S?

If so, again we'll see you here when we see you here.

Win10 spies on you, so does the other electronics you have, almost assuredly. But ok, go with it. No worries, I liked 7 to.

News Comments > AMD Radeon RX Vegas Launch
27. Re: AMD Radeon RX Vegas Launch Aug 14, 2017, 20:33 HorrorScope

JSP wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 15:33:
Get the 56 with Freesync monitor, that will be enough for most if they waited for AMD until now. From what I read Vega 56 has 30 to 50 W more power consumption and exceeds 1070 in most tests. Hopefully the AIB Vega 56s will be ready by the 28th

I'm going to go with a dead-heat 56 vs 1070.

Can it get any closer with this 25 game avg?
https://www.techspot.com/review/1468-amd-radeon-rx-vega-56/page8.html

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 14, 2017, 14:09 HorrorScope

Corporations are quite interesting, but what they do promote at least verbally is to keep an image of diversity and propers, they really do. In some ways they are actually throwing weight against Trump, so in this case... dew it!

My company is one of those big ones, there could be some egregious behavior exceptionally, sure. But in general it is a proper squeaky clean environment. Now do paying customers like all our fee's? Yah no.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 14, 2017, 14:05 HorrorScope

The upgrade that some feel its a downgrade but it really is an upgrade upgrade. Oh well, choose well and if you are really smart(tm), someday you'll be the guy paying for this downgrade upgrade, that many others got for free.  

6938 Comments. 347 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo