Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 8224 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands VIP Season 2 Rewards
1. Re: Borderlands VIP Season 2 Rewards Jul 15, 2019, 23:38 HorrorScope

Season 2? I missed Season 1. And gambling. Time is really moving fast here.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 15, 2019, 21:11 HorrorScope

If they get their way/quota, even if they don't really believe, the praying indeed worked.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2019, 09:59 HorrorScope

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 15, 2019, 08:25:
Wow too many people have money to throw away on games, $1000 for a VR setup is ridiculous.

Notice a lot of people complain about the price of the 2080ti online, then notice how many people that state they have a 2080ti in their system. There are a lot of people that this is their hobby and they have a lot of dollars to, they drop thousands like its nothing.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Roadmap
12. Re: Epic Games Store Roadmap Jul 14, 2019, 18:24 HorrorScope

Osc8r wrote on Jul 14, 2019, 18:05:
How about some actual details on the product/game? You'd think this would actually be one of the first things they'd add...

That and a cart are the two first things that stick out. Can't tell if a game is SP or MP.

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut Next Month
16. Re: The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut Next Month Jul 13, 2019, 21:51 HorrorScope

WaltC wrote on Jul 13, 2019, 11:43:
GinRummy wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 22:53:
I played the initial release, which had some bugs and fewer features than this update, but had a TON of FUN playing it. Combat is kinda weird with the grid layout, but once you get used to it, it's very strategic and handy.

Agreed--this game is highly original and makes great use of music--the old Irish chants and songs really set the mood. I was 76 hours in when I got word of the DC, so I reluctantly put it down until then. Of course, that was before they dropped the ball on the updates. The original was merely supposed to be BT4 2.0; to be shipped end of '18. Then it was "early 2019"; then in early '19 we got the news it had changed to the DC and would ship in June--last month--whereupon we got the news that it would ship "end of summer 2019"...which was less than awe-inspiring, as you might guess. And then we finally got a drop-dead date, of August 28! Whew...;) But according to the update video inXile has published (see link) the game will have, thousands of bug fixes, new characters (?), at least four hours of additional gameplay, a Bard Song to allow the brain-malformed among us to skip the puzzles, improved graphics and a brand new engine--so I will definitely replay on Aug 28th (fingers crossed)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-npsZhJU1ps&feature=youtu.be

Greatly reduce puzzles if you want, much more and better balanced weapons. A little over 1/2 way you had all the best weapons and there was nothing to buy and all the gold in the world. Also the puzzle weapons are supposed to be a lot better, they were bested routinely by weapons you buy. Yes a very unique game that just needed a lot more time in the balance and bug dept, the design was solid.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 12, 2019, 19:42 HorrorScope

The Atari system is only $389!  

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut Next Month
2. Re: The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut Next Month Jul 12, 2019, 19:17 HorrorScope

Drayth wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 18:38:
After seeing this in the console news section earlier this morning I followed some links and found somewhere stating that owners on PC of the original will get this as a free upgrade. Having trouble finding where I saw that atm.

Yeah it is a free update, the original after a few patches was still fun and overall a very good design idea overall. If they hit the marks here, it should be a very solid game.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 12, 2019, 17:47 HorrorScope

Murray said listen, but don't necessarily take their suggestions on how to fix. But they are right with the complaint to begin with. But yeah lets continue on with the customer is never right, part for the course these days.  

News Comments > G2A Proposes Key-Blocking Tool
14. Re: G2A Proposes Key-Blocking Tool Jul 12, 2019, 17:45 HorrorScope

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 12, 2019, 15:17:
Wow, are these going to be the new Star Citizen-level threads?

Looks like it. Factorio is taking them to task on the x10 refund amount and crickets so far.

News Comments > Torchlight Free on Epic Games Store
2. Re: Torchlight Free on Epic Games Store Jul 12, 2019, 11:23 HorrorScope

The original Torchlight from way back? Yeah I don't even want that one for free these days.  

News Comments > Age of Wonders III Free on Steam
8. Re: Age of Wonders III Free on Steam Jul 12, 2019, 00:25 HorrorScope

PHJF wrote on Jul 11, 2019, 20:05:
It was given away for free like two months ago.

Are you saying they should now pay us to take a copy?

News Comments > EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5 on Steam
7. Re: EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5 on Steam Jul 11, 2019, 20:13 HorrorScope

LOL at dat price.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 10, 2019, 22:53 HorrorScope

I see prices and they are in the ball park, need ETA and benches asap or I'm diving in. But probably fake.  

News Comments > Amazon Making The Lord of the Rings MMOG
21. Re: Amazon Making The Lord of the Rings MMOG Jul 10, 2019, 19:56 HorrorScope

Maybe it will hit such highs as Neverwinter has done for D&D and MMO's!

Perhaps they should start with making tic-tac-toe first. Beyond Chris Roberts time frames, this Amazon Games Studio has done diddly poo for pc games to this point.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Concludes With Giveaway
6. Re: Steam Summer Sale Concludes With Giveaway Jul 9, 2019, 13:06 HorrorScope

Acleacius wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 12:30:
It seemed like the weakest deals of any Steam Summer Sales I can recall.

I didn't know it was ending today... I knew I have Kingdom Come on the list for $18. When I went into the cart noticed I got $5 off because of their race thing where I picked Hare last week, who knows why. But it was good for $5 and then for $13.... made the last minute deal. Picked up PoeT2 and Kingmaker. Those three games should be played sometime in 2020 or 2021 and be good for a couple months of game time.

News Comments > NASCAR Heat 4 in September
2. Re: NASCAR Heat 4 in September Jul 8, 2019, 21:05 HorrorScope

This series does even less each year than EA's perennials.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues
2. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 8, 2019, 21:01 HorrorScope

Unless it's a Chevy, cause like their commercials say they are the most reliable cars per JD Edwards.  

News Comments > AMD Zen 2 CPU Reviews
20. Re: AMD Zen 2 CPU Reviews Jul 7, 2019, 18:45 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Jul 7, 2019, 15:40:
Also, doesn't AMD have an advantage when it comes to stuff like Meltdown and Spectre?

I think more of this will be a focus in the upcoming days, there are patches that can hinder Intel and help AMD. Getting that all sort out and clearly explained will be interesting to see.

News Comments > AMD Zen 2 CPU Reviews
7. Re: AMD Zen 2 CPU Reviews Jul 7, 2019, 15:40 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jul 7, 2019, 15:10:
With a 10%-20% price difference over and above the price difference people in the US see there's even more reason to use AMD here. I think I'll be going with the 3700X. Besides the price point I like that it uses significantly less electricity as well - we all need to be using less, and it's expensive in Ontario.

Gonna go with an X570 board, just not sure which one yet - ASRock? Gigabyte? There's a lot of boards coming out so I'm not really sure which I need yet. I understand you really only need the top of the line boards if you're into overclocking and heavy tweaking - which I'm not. So any advice on a good board with a good price point for a 3700X based system would be appreciated. Don't care about RGB either as I think I'm going to get a new cool and quiet case.

Still not sure what to go with for DDR4 either - 16 or 32gb? speed? brand?

I'm going to let AMD redditors test out for a couple weeks to get the best mb/ram combo, find where the speed rating of ram chips starts to have diminishing returns.

Just to add to the person that said "content creator" with more multicore/thread, I think multithread performance will help with general everyday when you play a game and have a lot of things open along with streams as well. I'm guessing more of us fall into tons-o-shit open and working all the time as we continue to walk away from "make sure everything in the background is closed" days. Then perhaps future proofing some as when the next consoles come out that should really start to trigger mass core use, so 8-16 would have to be in a great position, 6-12 not bad.

Perhaps some real-world benches should start to have game performance with a major browser open (many tabs as well) and with one streaming source going all together, to measure if/how well multithreading is working for us.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 7, 2019, 12:21 HorrorScope

MrBone wrote on Jul 6, 2019, 11:02:
Netflix originals are almost always garbage. Though I did like the Love Robots series.

Unpopular opinion since they have a lot of shows 4.5 stars and above. I will say they have the most lenient fan critics.

8224 Comments. 412 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo