Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13987 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video
24. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video Jun 29, 2018, 20:24 Prez

I was stunned by how bad the E3 presentation of Anthem was, but in all seriousness that game will probably still come out on or near its announced release time (1st quarter 2019 iirc?) Squadron 42 doesn't even have a schedule as far as I can tell, so who knows.

I definitely get a sense of edginess from Bioware about Anthem, whereas the Bioware of old always had an air of confidence and even a bit of swagger. I get the feeling that the current devs feel that Bioware lives or dies based on how well Anthem does. EA is the game studio serial killer after all.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video
21. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video Jun 29, 2018, 18:56 Prez

Well to be fair it was still better than the Anthem presentation at E3.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Overwatch Wrecking Ball Details
6. Re: Overwatch Wrecking Ball Details Jun 29, 2018, 10:15 Prez

This sounds like a hoot! Overwatch definitely needed another tank, and I love the silliness of this.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Overwatch Patched - CTF Disabled
3. Re: Overwatch Patched - CTF Disabled Jun 26, 2018, 21:02 Prez

As a solo queuer the game can be quite brutal at times actually. Overwatch accentuates team cohesion heavily over individual skill (although a highly skilled Genji, Tracer, or Hanzo can still dominate a match) and along with that team composition supersedes team skill most of the time. A highly skilled team can easily lose to an average skilled team full of hard counter heroes. I like Overwatch because I'm only average at best and have terrible reaction times but as long as I play smart, know the heroes' strengths and weaknesses, and work with the team I can have a positive impact and help the team win. Not a lot of other team based shooters I've played can do that.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 26, 2018, 20:45 Prez

Unless it is a mouse that is the same as all of the competitors use, it's cheating. Ideally everyone should be using the exact same hardware.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Overwatch Tease and PotG Patent
2. Re: Overwatch Tease and PotG Patent Jun 26, 2018, 14:52 Prez

I imagine that other games can and will do it, just be unable to call it Play of the Game or POTG.

And given how new Overwatch heroes have been lately, this new rolley ball will be way overpowered and have an uninterruptible stun...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2018, 10:35 Prez

Sucks about Paul. Dude was a really good drummer and an awesome guy. Even dying as young as he did he lived life to the fullest and enjoyed all of it (minus the whole seeing his brother brutally murdered on stage anyway). Which is more than can be said about a lot of people who live much longer. Rock on brother! \m/ \m/  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Black Mesa Status
5. Re: Black Mesa Status Jun 22, 2018, 14:41 Prez

Never understood all the hate for Xen - I thought it was cool and offered a nice finale to a great experience. I expect everything to be different when my hero steps through a portal to an alien dimension.

As far as Black Mesa goes its been in development forever but it will still be completed before Star Citizen. Possibly the sequel based on the Half Life 3 engine will as well.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 20, 2018, 08:59 Prez

Normally I'd say it shouldn't be too hard to lhre disenchanted Youtube content creators away, but it's Facebook, so I'm not so sure.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Escape from Monkey Island Escapes from DRM
1. Re: Escape from Monkey Island Escapes from DRM Jun 20, 2018, 08:51 Prez

Never played the 4th one. At least I don't remember doing so anyway.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > PUBG Celebrates 400M Players with Sale & Event Pass Plans
17. Re: PUBG Celebrates 400M Players with Sale & Event Pass Plans Jun 20, 2018, 08:48 Prez

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 20, 2018, 01:45:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 20, 2018, 00:58:
Its shocking that other, much smaller companies, make BR games in a few months that are more polished than PUBG is with much more money.
Realm Royale, and even Fortnite, for example.

PUBG STILL has bugs and other issues from the Alpha and Beta which they completely ignore.

Dude, if you landed a surprise hit like PUBG and got showered with absolutely in-fucking-sane amounts of money like these guys did... seriously, would you work on the game or would you rather take a really long vacation with hookers, blow and pina colada?

Yeah. Exactly.

Hell, it's been out long enough to have done both. Twice over.

As much as I hate rhe way Blue (Ass)Hole and the developers have behaved since their extraordinary rise to fame, I still see this massive success as a positive for the industry. Minus the bullshit loot boxes and frivolous sour grapes lawsuits anyway.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 19, 2018, 16:12 Prez

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 15:15:
Prez wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 12:30:
Whelp never using Messenger again. It had a feature or two that made me prefer it to texting but nothing I can't live without.
Shirley you can find something better to use than a fakebook product.
Even if it's shy a feature or two.

Was that an "Airplane!" reference???

https://youtu.be/B_XuPXGMpLA

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc., etc.
22. Re: etc., etc. Jun 19, 2018, 14:16 Prez

Verno wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 09:17:
Numinar wrote on Jun 16, 2018, 08:35:
Ahhh, the tone where you all stand on the wing of a plane and airdrop yourselves onto a capture point and headshot 12 people in a row. Vaginas totally ruin that!

That's exactly what everyone said, we're just all just super afraid of vaginas. No one here is complaining about Gears of War 5, Tomb Raider or Last of Us II with their female protagonists but when it comes to Battlefield we're all just sexist assholes who hate vaginas in our games. Yep that must be it Rolleyes

Or just maybe, their trailer sucked and people reacted to that *gasp*

Vaginas make everything better.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed
8. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed Jun 19, 2018, 12:49 Prez

Wow. A single-player game AND a demo? What, is this 2003 again or something?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 19, 2018, 12:30 Prez

wtf_man wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 12:21:
Stefanos Loukakos, who runs Messenger’s ad business, says he’s aware of this, and the company will monitor user behavior to determine if these ads turn people off.

“Top priority for us is user experience,” he said from a beachside cabana at the Cannes Lions advertising festival on Tuesday. “So we don’t know yet [if these will work]. However, signs until now, when we tested basic ads, didn’t show any changes with how people used the platform or how many messages they send.”

Uh... OF COURSE this will turn people off. What a dumb fucking statement. User experience is obviously NOT top priority.

Glad I don't use social networking at all. Still pissed that they accumulate my data without my permissionsee, even though I'm not a user.

Whelp never using Messenger again. It had a feature or two that made me prefer it to texting but nothing I can't live without.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Into the Black
20. Re: Into the Black Jun 19, 2018, 10:29 Prez

Not going to name names but I have one Steam friend who is a member of Bluesnews who has got me beat.

Considering that Steam says I own 10,190 games, that averages out to only around $3 a game, so I am simply a thrifty bargain hunter. Who needs an intervention...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Into the Black
18. Re: Into the Black Jun 19, 2018, 09:48 Prez

El Pit wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 08:17:
I would love to hear what Prez has spent - I myself don't even dare to find out what I have spent.

TotalSpend 2018-06-19 $32,659.04

I need help...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 19, 2018, 09:45 Prez

#Savetheboobies  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jun 18, 2018, 12:50 Prez

No, PUBG is not an asset flip. It is a complete, skillfully designed game that happens to use Unreal assets. That said, fuck them right up their Blue Hole for being so arrogant as to sue people who made a vastly more unique-looking and visibly recognizable game than their generic-looking eye sore. Nothing in PUBG can remotely be called original in the least. It looks like any number of amatuer Arma mods.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 2018, 13:03.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 18, 2018, 11:17 Prez

Quinn wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 09:22:
Prez wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 07:41:
I played TESO for quite a bit, but there's no denying it suffered from the usual MMO pitfalls. The only other 2 I've ever played are Guild Wars 2 and The Old Republic, and watched my son play World of Warcraft, and all of them had formulaic, boring combat and terrible grinds with little payoff. Nowadays everything is a quasi-MMO with the "live service" garbage, but at least the worst of the MMO tropes are avoided in the better ones.

I disagree. What the formulaic MMOs had was content and a lot of character options like Carreers and Crafting etc. What these MMO lites have that's better, are the graphics. Other than that, the rest is replaced with shallown, boring shit that does not motivate the player to develop their character further. Compare WoW with The Division to see where I'm coming from.

Watching World of Warcraft and playing The Old Republic (which essentially copied many mechanics from WoW wholesale) bored me to tears, whereas I played 200 hours of the Division and upwards of 100 of Destiny 2, so for me the distinction was greater than just the graphics. Different tastes I guess.

- Mahatma Gandhi

13987 Comments. 700 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo