Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13475 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 30, 2017, 11:03 Prez

Huge Crowdfunded Project 'Star Citizen' Gets Negative Articles Scrubbed From Web

The headline should read "We Assume That Huge Crowdfunded Project 'Star Citizen' Gets Negative Articles Scrubbed From Web"

They really hav nothing to go on but an identical press release by both CIG and The Escapist as to why the articles were taken down.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Plans
2. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 10:54 Prez

Having read that the initial reports of the game's problems were blown completely out of proportion, I can say that I'm back to wanting this game. Hopefully by the time I finish ME 3 Andomeda will be discounted.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Witcher Sells 25M Copies
2. Re: The Witcher Sells 25M Copies Mar 30, 2017, 10:51 Prez

Definitely well deserved. I will say I was disappointed with the Witcher 2 - the story was weak and the boss battles were frickin' frustrating - but I loved the first and third. The Witcher 3 is the best RPG I've ever played.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 30, 2017, 10:47 Prez

Your privacy online is the same as it was yesterday

Yep.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease
21. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 30, 2017, 10:24 Prez

It seems that the first EA Battlefront was critically panned for being dull and cynically exploitative of consumers, yet the fucking thing sold upwards of 15 million copies, so expect the same garbage this time around.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 30, 2017, 10:07 Prez

With everything that has been revealed in the past several years about data collection is there anyone who believes there is any "privacy" on the internet?

With the Patriot Act being a thing, (that I might point out was not only NOT repealed by the previous adminstration, but expanded upon massively...) isn't it apparent that there really isn't any privacy to be had in the modern digital age?

That's not to say I'm happy about it, but I'm realistic. When Congress and Adminstrations of both parties run rampant over people's rights, I don't see any reason to single out this one thing and suddenly be concerned.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Brothers in Arms WW2 Return Planned?
5. Re: Brothers in Arms WW2 Return Planned? Mar 30, 2017, 09:36 Prez

Pitchford really needs to STFU. He can't help but to say something incredibly stupid every time he opens his mouth. I absolutely love the Borderlands series but I am under no illusions that Pitchford is anything other than a charlatan con man.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Mar 26, 2017, 15:35 Prez

Well we live in an age where unpopular opinions can be labeled hate speech. I have no use for Breitbart but from what I've seen their opinions are often extreme, but "hate speech"? Nah.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Destiny 2 in September?
2. Re: Destiny 2 in September? Mar 23, 2017, 09:51 Prez

I'm down with that. I Hope it does actually come to PC. 60 FPS please if it does though.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
44. Re: New Zelda is actually Mar 21, 2017, 16:44 Prez

robdot wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 15:29:
Jagacademy wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 12:58:
Not sure why everyone in here is talking about the new Zelda as if it's the greatest game of all time. Ironically enough, although it has stellar 97 average critic score, the user reviews are only a 75 average on metacritic.com. Lots of "over-rated" and "huge world with nothing in it" complaints, among a dozen other things. Don't buy into the hype with ANY game, whether it's the new Mass Effect OR the new Zelda.

Are there any games similar to Mass Effect that have come out in the last couple years that were actually decent? I'm looking for an alternative.

Zelda is fucking awesome, you can't take 3 steps without finding something to interact with. Anyone who says there isn't anything to do is fucking blind. Zelda is a reminder of all that video games have been,and should be...buy it.

I almost bought a Wii-U just to play the new Zelda. The big problem for me is the weapon degradation. That looks like it would be a game-breaker for me. The last game that I really enjoyed with such a degradation system as Zelda's was System Shock 2, and that was a LOOONG time ago. And to this day I still maintain that it would be have been better without it.

As far as ME: Andromeda goes, I am not in any hurry. I still need to play ME3 anyway.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2017, 11:03 Prez

"Happiness is on the wane in the US, UN global report finds."

That may be, but since my divorce I personally am happier now than I have ever been in my entire life!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
34. Re: etc. Mar 20, 2017, 02:23 Prez

saluk wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 02:20:
Bad art = license to harass. I know game quality is all over the place, but I'm not sure we even DESERVE good games anymore.

Well, you and I do. And probably jdreyer and Half-Elf. But no one else though.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
31. Re: etc. Mar 20, 2017, 02:03 Prez

I did some checking back to Bioware's older games to refresh my memory. Two things I noticed:

1) The games as far back as the original Dragon Age from 2003 all have better faces than what I've seen of Andromeda so far.

2) No matter what the game, all of Bioware's games that use 3D up-close models have characters with eyes that are just... wrong.

Andromeda's characters are made worse by the fact that the eyes look as fucked up as ever, AND they use incredibly badly made faces on the female characters with just stupid-looking expressions that are so goofy they look comical. In this way, yes, Andromeda is markedly worse than any Bethesda game's characters by a substantial margin in my opinion.

Having said that, I don't play games for facial features and animations - hell, I managed to make through the original Max Payne over a dozen times through the years with a lead character who looks like he's been smelling shit the whole game. The dialog is actually more of a big deal for me; dialog or voice acting that's bad enough (not "so bad it's good" like the original Resident Evil or the aforementioned Max Payne, just BAD) can basically ruin the experience for me if there's enough of it in the game. So that's what is really concerning to me about Andromeda.

As for the stupid controversy surrounding the harassment of the Bioware employee... I'm honestly so tired of the internet's bullshit. This shit is just nauseating. The one thing I will definitively say is fuck everyone who feels it is acceptable to verbally abuse a person the way this Bioware employee (EDIT: Lead Designer or not) has been. Over shit you don't like in a fucking videogame. Gender is irrelevant; it's fucking wrong and if you do it you're a piece of shit who should fucking die. And while I'm at it, fuck Kotaku for making this about their stupid fucking agenda with their inferences that this is driven by Gamersgaters and Trump voters. Fucking idiots. All this shit does is stir the pot and escalate the situation, paving the way for more hateful back and forth nonsense.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > NieR:Automata Released
27. Re: NieR:Automata Released Mar 19, 2017, 10:36 Prez

Yeah, I might actually pay $60 for Read Dead Redemption. I don't own a console so I never got to play it.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Adds Content
17. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Adds Content Mar 15, 2017, 22:13 Prez

I played it on release and while I think the shit storm about how bad it was was overblown there's no denying it had some problems. My impression was that it was a few solid patches away from a great game.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Lucio Changes and More Revealed in Overwatch AMA
10. Re: Lucio Changes and More Revealed in Overwatch AMA Mar 14, 2017, 19:42 Prez

Very happy about the Winston buff. I play him a lot and I constantly get called a noob just for picking him because "he's not good". When I play Winston I'm a sniper's and healer's worst nightmare... Or at least I try to be.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Quake Champions Will Be Free-to-Play
9. Re: Quake Champions Will Be Free-to-Play Mar 11, 2017, 02:16 Prez

I've never been into strictly skill-based mp shooters because I suck, so theoretically I'm the target audience for this. The problem is that Overwatch is already completely dominating that field. But even if asymmetric, hero-based shooters are all the rage, surely there is still a market for the skill-based shooter. If the Quake franchise isn't going to fill that void, who else will? Maybe a new Unreal Tournament? Of course, Cliffy B isn't with Epic anymore and is busy on Lawbreakers, another hero- based shooter...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer
18. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 11, 2017, 02:07 Prez

Taking a wait-and-see approach on this one. It looks good in some ways, questionable in others. I can wait.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days Video Game Announced
12. Re: Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days Video Game Announced Mar 10, 2017, 21:43 Prez

I'm probably one of the few but I didn't like the movie. At all. I normally groove to Tarantino flicks but Reservoir Dogs? Nope. Didn't like it. Anyway, there was already one bad game based on the film - do we really need another?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Mar 9, 2017, 20:22 Prez

Symmetra is austistic? Great. Diversity is wonderful - now nerf the range of that damn autolock point and click beam before I put my fist through my TV.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

13475 Comments. 674 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo