Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13803 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Launch Plans
9. Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Launch Plans Mar 26, 2018, 09:25 Prez

It's a sign of the era that NWN was developed in that it can look so graphically inferior to older games like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. At the time devs were using 3D over 2D because they could, not because they should. I'm glad that era is gone - games like Divinity and Pillars of Eternity look good now and still will for many years.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Open World Star Wars Game Plans?
24. Re: Re: Open World Star Wars Game Plans? Mar 25, 2018, 20:27 Prez

It's hard to make a "live service" out of a single player game, but as long as it is solo friendly that might work for me. But EA... I have faith that they'll screw this up.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Get Lethal League for Free
2. Re: Get Lethal League for Free Mar 23, 2018, 12:31 Prez

TorchMaster wrote on Mar 23, 2018, 11:55:
Fanatical is requiring that you link your Steam account to them for this offer. That makes this a 'pass' for me.

I did it a while ago. For what it's worth it has been painless.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > EA and AI, E-I-E-I-O
14. Re: EA and AI, E-I-E-I-O Mar 23, 2018, 09:25 Prez

I love any multiplayer game with bots if they are tunable (because telling a human player to suck a little more so you can beat them once in a while doesn't generally work) but the AI thing makes me concerned. Depending on how good the AI is at learning and adapting, it won't be long before the AI bots are owning my old, unskilled ass just as badly as your average 12 year-old does now in Overwatch.

But seriously this would be a major boon for players for older multiplayer only games that have lost their population to the new hotness of newer multiplayer games.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Get F1 2015 for Free
17. Re: Get F1 2015 for Free Mar 23, 2018, 08:59 Prez

Never been a racing fan myself because I find watching them as dull as dishwater. Oddly enough I enjoy playing their game equivalents (except for NASCAR - driving in a circle turning left is just not engaging), albeit with every newbie assist available turned on. Can't remember if I've ever played 2015 but I know I played a couple in the F1 series. The 2017 version is on sale for $18 if anyone is interested.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Control Wars
7. Re: Star Control Wars Mar 23, 2018, 06:37 Prez

From the perspective of someone on the outside looking in, it seems that Stardock has been trying to be amicable and reasonable and Paul and Fred are acting like a couple of unhinged douchebags. As to who is in the right, I am not sure, but it definitely seems the ownership of the Star Control IP is more complicated than they are trying to claim.

This comment was edited on Mar 23, 2018, 08:21.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Content Plans
6. Re: Sea of Thieves Content Plans Mar 22, 2018, 14:44 Prez

Maybe I'm becoming too much of a cynic in my old age but I think it's telling that the first thing they mention in talking about content they are looking to add to the game is cosmetic stuff. That ought to be at the bottom of the list seeing as the general consensus is that the game is lacking stuff to actually do. Not sure people will care too much about how they look if there's not enough stuff to do to keep them engaged.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Mar 22, 2018, 12:06 Prez

Not just a Republican thing. But the reality no lawmakers were ever going to actually do anything be it on violent games or guns or anything else; they were just making noise about things until public outrage moved onto something else like politicians always do.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Tomb Raider Remasters Axed
2. Re: Tomb Raider Remasters Axed Mar 22, 2018, 12:01 Prez

Well that kind of sucks.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Pricey New Warframe for Warframe
12. Re: Pricey New Warframe for Warframe Mar 22, 2018, 09:55 Prez

aka_STEVE wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 14:08:
...and people are raging against loot boxes

Not speaking for anyone else, but for me paid DLC (even something so egregiously expensive as the DLC for Warframe) where you pay money for a thing and get the thing is still a more honest transaction than having a gambling mechanic to get the same thing with no upper limit in what could be spent obtaining it. As crazy as it is to me to spend $140 on a slice of in-game content, you would spend a hell of a lot more trying to get the same stuff with loot boxes.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 21, 2018, 12:12 Prez

Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 12:03:
You don't need to create a new tax just eliminate the loopholes.

Not sure about in Europe but I'd definitely agree with that in the US.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Sets Sail
40. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 21, 2018, 10:30 Prez

Quinn wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 08:35:
Prez wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 08:04:
xXStellarDadXx wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 19:10:
Game servers being hammered...fuck i cant play it...well ...maybe tomarrow...

Well at least they could have rented some extra servers for launch month.

Blues tends to be ... lets call it a more discerning crowd so despite people's impressions I still would like to try it out as I'm far less discerning than most.

Of course you'll try it out, Prez. It seems you try out every game xD

Haha yes I really do love trying out new games (just not not the no-effort drek that Steam routinely shits out of it's bowels on a weekly basis). More often than not I find games that tend to get downvoted for being buggy, repetitive, or boring to my liking. I can't tell you how many games that have "mixed " or even "mostly negative" reviews on Steam that I've played and got considerable enjoyment out of.

- Mahatma Gandhi

35. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 21, 2018, 08:04 Prez

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 19:10:
Game servers being hammered...fuck i cant play it...well ...maybe tomarrow...

Well at least they could have rented some extra servers for launch month.

Blues tends to be ... lets call it a more discerning crowd so despite people's impressions I still would like to try it out as I'm far less discerning than most. Too bad it's published by Microsoft though.

- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 12:34 Prez

Prez, Quantum Break isn’t multiplayer, so it can be transferred elsewhere. It’s also not made by an internal Microsoft studio.

Fair enough - you're probably right. If there is any game that would make me try the Windows Store again it would probably be State of Decay 2 given how much I enjoyed the first one. I guess we'll see.

- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 12:12 Prez

HoSpanky wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 11:09:
Prez wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 10:18:
Put it somewhere other than the execrable Windows Store and I'll give it a whirl as it looks like it might be fun. Of course if it's anything like Guns of Icarus being on a team of jackasses can spoil every game session regardless of how good the core game is.

Not really sure what the issue is with the Windows store, but since this is a game published by Microsoft, it’s the only place you’ll ever see it. You don’t see new games from EA and Ubi on Steam (if you do, it still automatically fires up their respective stores to launch). People wanted competing stores, this is what you get.

The windows store is fairly innocuous. You don’t have to open it to launch any of their games. The cost of it being “windows store only” is that it won’t drop in price anytime soon, but it does offer crossplay with the Xbone, which means there will be more players later in its life than if it were PC only.

I didn’t find it to be terribly engaging. I’m prolly in around the $20-$25 mark though.

I don't mind using Uplay and Origin as well as Steam. It's the Windows Store that I have a problem with. I tried to buy Gears of War 4 on it some time ago. When I was finally able to even find it using the store's abysmal search function, after multiple attempts all I got was frustration. Never again. And Quantum Break started out as a Windows 10 Windows Store exclusive but it later was released on other platdorms, so it is not an impossibility that the same will happen with other "Play Anywhere" exclusives. If it doesn't, oh well, I'll survive.

- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 10:38 Prez

Deleted

- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 10:36 Prez

Flo wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 10:28:
Prez wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 10:18:
Put it somewhere other than the execrable Windows Store and I'll give it a whirl as it looks like it might be fun. Of course if it's anything like Guns of Icarus being on a team of jackasses can spoil every game session regardless of how good the core game is.
What's wrong with it in its current state as opposed to its shitty early version from 2 years ago?
Assuming you are asking about Guns of Icarus, the game itself is good. But because I play with randos only my enjoyment hinges on being able to be on an airship with a crew that isn't toxic as fuck or full of trolls.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2018, 10:26 Prez

The last male northern white rhino, Sudan, dies as the last hope for the subspecies

Thanks poachers. Burn in hell you fucks.

- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 10:18 Prez

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ataribox is Atari VCS
13. Re: Ataribox is Atari VCS Mar 20, 2018, 08:47 Prez

Yeah, this totally won't be a complete flop. Rolleyes  

- Mahatma Gandhi

13803 Comments. 691 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo