Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 14085 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > System Shock: Enhanced Edition Source Port Update
1. Re: System Shock: Enhanced Edition Source Port Update Sep 8, 2018, 00:35 Prez

They released an update and didn't add in microtransactions or a battle royale mode??? What the actual fuck?!?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Zeus' Battlegrounds Announced
3. Re: Zeus' Battlegrounds Announced Sep 6, 2018, 08:37 Prez

Oh thank god - I was worried that only 38 new battle royale games have been announced. That's nowhere near enough...  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Control: Origins Trailer
3. Re: Star Control: Origins Trailer Sep 5, 2018, 14:47 Prez

I guess the original developers of Star Control didn't get their injunction from the court?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 5, 2018, 09:24 Prez

From my experience, being homeless has a lot more to it than not having a place to live. It is more often than not associated with PTSD from some trauma, mental health issues, and isolation. I can sympathize with Mclure's position, that he was not ready to be handed a huge sum of money, as it is likely that lack of money was only a small part of what was keeping Bobbitt homeless. If they spent the gofundme money on anything other than helping Bobbitt, then that is a clear case of fraud. But the answer was never just to hand him a fat wad of cash because it would be misspent and he'd be homeless again eventually without the proper help.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > New Online Middle-earth Game Plans
11. Re: New Online Middle-earth Game Plans Sep 5, 2018, 09:04 Prez

Murray wrote on Sep 5, 2018, 06:09:
Everyone is just seeing 'Lord of the Rings' and missing the most important part of this announcement:

Set in the world of Middle-earth™ at a time long before the events of The Lord of the Rings, exploring lands, people and creatures never seen before by fans of the Tolkien universe

Seems like it might be based on The Silmarillion?

That's what I'm thinking too. So much potential with such rich lore, but it will most likely be wasted on a F2P online game live service.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 4, 2018, 12:35 Prez

If the PS4 is the best place to play there would be no need to arbitrarily lock people's accounts to your machine - people would naturally gravitate to the PS4.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Shanghai Dragons Release 8 Players Sep 4, 2018, 12:33 Prez

Hey Shanghai - I'm a pretty good Mercy. Hit me up!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Free Weekend
5. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Free Weekend Aug 31, 2018, 15:32 Prez

I love hacking through huge hordes of those rat fuckers. Fatshark is an awesome developer too.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > EA's Jacksonville Tribute
30. Re: EA's Jacksonville Tribute Aug 31, 2018, 09:19 Prez

Even a company as shitty as EA can be classy once in a while. I respect the way they are handling this.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Humble Summer Sale Includes Free Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
2. Re: Humble Summer Sale Includes Free Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Aug 31, 2018, 09:15 Prez

Personally I loved Space Marine. I only played it in singleplayer but I couldn't get enough of eviscerating Orcs and slamming down on them from above as the Assault trooper.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Previews
6. Re: Evening Previews Aug 31, 2018, 09:11 Prez

To hell with the negativity - I'm down for more Metro - fantastic series.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated]
76. Re: Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated] Aug 27, 2018, 10:50 Prez

NKD wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 10:36:
I have to wonder why everyone jumps immediately to mental illness, considering probably less than 1% of gun homicides in the US have anything to do with mental illness. Most of it is related to gangs, drugs, poverty, domestic violence. Those people aren't mentally ill, just assholes or people with shitty upbringing and shitty opportunities.

The Parkland shooter and the Waffle House shooter are both currently undergoing treatment before a judge can even determine if they are mentally fit to stand trial. This kid in Florida allegedly shot up the place because he lost at a videogame. I agree that the majority of gun violence is not due to mental illness, but most mass shootings definitely seem to be. If you add in suicide, which makes up a huge percentage of gun deaths, mental health is a good place to start at least in my opinion. That, and working to make it harder for those who have mental health issues to obtain or retain firearms.

- Mahatma Gandhi

70. Re: Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated] Aug 27, 2018, 10:12 Prez

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 09:58:
Im pretty sure that most reasonable people understand that a complete gun ban in the US is unrealistic to say the least. Better gun control however is something that is not unreachable and could have a big impact on reducing gun violence.

I agree. Something does have to change.

- Mahatma Gandhi

68. Re: Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated] Aug 27, 2018, 09:45 Prez

Beamer wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 09:17:
So how do you change "we, as a culture?" Or do you just accept that this keeps going on?

Also, why don't we start with banning guns not used for farming and rural life? Goodby AR-15s, hello more pistols and single shot rifles. Which yes, are often used, but to smaller results.

From what I've seen of the inside of the building where the shooting took place, an AR-15 or any military style long rifle would have been less effective than the handgun that was used given the relatively tight quarters involved. I mention this only to illustrate that just banning long guns (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you don't mean exclusively the AR-15 which is only one of literally hundreds of its class of rifle) isn't going to mean an end to mass shootings. The problem is far more complex than that. I wish "just ban guns" was the solution but it isn't. It isn't even a start really.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Battle for Azeroth Sales Wow WoW
9. Re: Battle for Azeroth Sales Wow WoW Aug 23, 2018, 12:54 Prez

World of Warcraft is the Jason Voorhees of gaming. It won't die. It'll go down, look dead or dying, then pop right back up and commence to the slaughter once again. The next WoW expansion needs to be "WoW Takes Manhattan".  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
62. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 23, 2018, 09:01 Prez

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 14:01:
Social Media is a plague.
The dotard equates those who spew conspiracy theories and hate speech as conservative, he's wrong.

I rarely agree with you, but in this case I do. Anyone who thinks Alex Jones is a "conservative voice" needs their head examined. Calling him and other alt-right wackos conservative is only helping further stigmatize decent right-leanimg people.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 22, 2018, 20:04 Prez

Throttling data after a certain specified peak usage, while a dubious business practice, has nothing to do with net neutrality or the lack of it. It's a common practice. My phone carrier has been doing this for long before net neutrality was repealed. Let's consider facts and think a little before we get out the torches and pitchforks.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > No 2019 Assassin's Creed
2. Re: No 2019 Assassin's Creed Aug 22, 2018, 12:39 Prez

My guess is that this has more to do with Ubisoft wanting their games to be "live services". It's harder to get your audience to invest time and money in the long term if they know that a new iteration is coming out in a year. Ubisoft would rather have a "service" running for multiple years as with Rainbow Six Siege.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds
135. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 21, 2018, 10:49 Prez

There's such a high slant of bias, I find his posts useless.

This is basically where I'm at. I'll admit, I have been a long time admirer of Derek Smart because he is a free spirit who does what he wants, says what he feels, and doesn't tow anyone's line. However, it can't be denied that he has a specific, vested interest in seeing RSI/CIG fail spectacularly - at this point he basically needs to be hoping for their monumental failure so his very adamant and very public declarations don't make him very publically wrong. That makes him about as far from an objective source as you can get.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Trailer
3. Re: DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Trailer Aug 20, 2018, 13:08 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 12:58:
The 20-year-old of mixed German and Japanese descent

I'm sure it's just coincidence that Asia Carrera was also of mixed German and Japanese descent.

And how would you know that my dear Jdreyer, hmmmmmmmmmm? Inquisitive

- Mahatma Gandhi

14085 Comments. 705 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo