Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13546 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up
57. Re: Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up Jun 26, 2017, 19:53 Prez

Thank god for Derek Smart and Star Citizen threads!!!!!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed
37. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 19, 2017, 14:40 Prez

saluk wrote on Jun 19, 2017, 14:08:
I have to come out against the "the reviews should only review the game" crowd. There are very few ways customers can register feedback to a company in a way that can be heard - swamping them with bad reviews on steam is one of the only ways I can think of to send such a message. Moreover, if a portion of your enjoyment from the game had to do with the tools that were allowed to be used with it, and those tools were then disabled, it is actually reviewing the game. I would give skyrim that does not support mods a much worse review than the game that allows me to customize it and make it appeal to me in personalized ways.

Totally agree. The lack of mods DOES make it a worse game. But I need to point this out again for those saying fuck Rockstar for this: This is Take 2's dick move not Rockstar's. Blame the publisher, not the developer. Rockstar has supported and promoted modding of GTA for years.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed
9. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 18, 2017, 14:53 Prez

Banning the online cheat tools is fine, but shutting down the
OPEN4 community is bullshit since the team took pains to ensure that the mods produced with them were strictly for singleplayer.

As far as the review spam goes, I'm of two minds on it. On the one hand I think it's great that gamers have found a way to unify in voicing their displeasure at a publisher for making a dick move. Unlike with Gamersgate no one is getting hurt by this. On the other hand, the downvotes are also affecting a good game by a good developer. Rockstar has always been supportive of the modding community and now they are being punished over something over which they have no control. This is Take2's dick move, not Rockstar's.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 2017, 19:25.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 17, 2017, 18:42 Prez

Well considering their attempts post-bankruptcy at reviving the properties they still own (Haunted House, Alone in the Dark, Asteroids) have all been disasters, this will not go well I think.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Medal of Honor Pacific Assault Free on Origin
1. Re: Medal of Honor Pacific Assault Free on Origin Jun 17, 2017, 18:40 Prez

I liked this game. Not realistic in any way, but fun enough. Definitely worth a go at this price.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 17, 2017, 12:19 Prez

The manslaughter law the judge cited seems very clear to me - she actively coerced a clearly mentally and emotionally vulnerable and unstable person to kill himself. She was aware that her actions would likely result in the death of a person and went so far as to cajole him back into the truck when he got scared and tried to back out. That's manslaughter in my book. This is very different from someone on a chat forum telling a stranger to go kill themselves - in my opinion there is no dangerous precedent being set here. The law as written is pretty specific.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > IO Interactive Goes Indie; Owns Hitman
4. Re: IO Interactive Goes Indie; Owns Hitman Jun 16, 2017, 15:11 Prez

The worst part of the last HITMAN game was that it was poi tlessly broken up into episodes and that was Squeenix's fault, not IO's (Squeenix has a hard-on for episodic gaming it seems). Since it will be impossible for them to finance another AAA HITMAN game without getting another publisher or a crowdfunding campaign I say they should work on Freedom Fighters 2 in the interim.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > It Came from E3 2017, Part 4
1. Re: It Came from E3 2017, Part 4 Jun 14, 2017, 19:08 Prez

Honest Game E3 Trailer --- BRILLIANT!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Direct Begins
1. Re: Steam Direct Begins Jun 13, 2017, 21:07 Prez

I sure hope this isn't a shitshow. Greenlight seemed so promising in the beginning but holy hell did it devolve into shit quickly.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 13, 2017, 15:23 Prez

I'd love to see Shadow of the Colossus make the jump to PC.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Trailers
2. Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Trailers Jun 13, 2017, 15:21 Prez

This looks great! Not graphically, but gameplay-wise. I love the concept and the execution of the first series of games was good despite the obvious limitations of the hardware at the time.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Monster Hunter World Announced
1. Re: Monster Hunter World Announced Jun 13, 2017, 14:48 Prez

Wow - a real Monster Hunter coming to PC? Nice.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jun 13, 2017, 13:49 Prez

The Sombra and Symmetra dancers are delicious!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > State of Decay 2 Next Spring
9. Re: State of Decay 2 Next Spring Jun 13, 2017, 05:10 Prez

Acleacius wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 00:16:
Darks wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 21:16:
fucking knew they would make this Shit 10 exclusive. Fuck U M$

+1

I had no idea they were that Fning Stupid. They will lose 40% of their sales minimum.

From the FAQ:

Q: What about Steam?
A: Stay tuned – we’ll have more to share in the future.

Of course it might still require Windows 10

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > State of Decay 2 Next Spring
3. Re: State of Decay 2 Next Spring Jun 12, 2017, 22:26 Prez

I LOVED the first one. It ticked all my boxes for an open-world survival Zombapocalypse game.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Metro Exodus Announced
19. Re: Metro Exodus Announced Jun 12, 2017, 14:50 Prez

FINALLY!!!!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Origin Access Free This Week
9. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Jun 11, 2017, 21:31 Prez

Well as much shit as I give EA (and well-deserved in my view), credit where due - they have really turned Origin into an excellent platform, and Access is a great deal. In may ways it is superior to Steam, but Steam was first and put in the features and fixes it needed to while Origin was still a shit-show. So Origin will always be a distant second.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak
35. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 02:53 Prez

Slick wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 02:32:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 02:20:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 00:28:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 19:05:
Star Wars Battlefront 2: Official Gameplay Trailer

You've got to admit that the engine looks simply amazing.

To me it does not. Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location.

I don't even know how to attack this, it feels like a trap, no matter what angle i take, it morphs into something even more ridiculous...

In my Admiral Ackbar voice : "IT'S A TRAP!!!!"

Yes the graphics looked amazing, and the sound was on point, but that is the only thing the game had going for it in my opinion.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Trailer
9. Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Trailer Jun 10, 2017, 23:37 Prez

After the massive disappointment that was Mighty No. 9 I feel that there is a lot riding on this game. If Ritual of the Night ends up a disappointment, it would pretty much be the end of the nostalgia-fueled kickstarter projects. People can only have so much faith when being screwed repeatedly. Unless you are a Star Citizen backer, in which case you'll just buy another $1000 ship that doesn't exist yet.

All that said, the trailer looks like they are on track for a good Castlevania rebirth.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak
26. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 10, 2017, 23:33 Prez

Maybe I'm a kid at heart but at 47 I still love Star Wars. But there is ZERO chance of me buying Battlefront 2 early or at launch and frankly not much chance of me ever buying it given the bullshit EA and DICE pulled with the 2015 Battlefront. An empty, soulless game lacking content with the added insult of season pass crap that almost doubled the price of the game, adding the stuff that actually made it worth the $60 it was originally sold at. Fuck EA for destroying everything it touches.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

13546 Comments. 678 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo