Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13546 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales
42. Re: Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales Aug 10, 2017, 17:21 Prez

Another point concerning Lawbreakers...

Since it is being compared (unfavorably) to Battleborn, I feel like I should point out that as dead as Battleborn's multiplayer community is, I can still to this day play singleplayer and coop with my kids against the AI, which is pretty fun. The problem with multiplayer-only games is that they increasingly become worse and worse value propositions as time goes on. Once the community starts to die, it becomes a catch-22 of nobody is playing it because no one is buying it, and no one is buying it because no one is playing it.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales Aug 10, 2017, 15:45 Prez

Slick wrote on Aug 10, 2017, 13:03:
Prez wrote on Aug 10, 2017, 10:15:
The Cliffy B consideration doesn't play much into my decisions, as I'm sure is the case with 95% of the target audience for Lawbreakers. I think it looks cool as hell, but I already have a multiplayer-only competitive hero shooter that I like - that being Overwatch obviously - and I don't feel like I need another.

LB isn't a hero shooter, it's a class-based shooter, if you can go with me on this distinction. It's much closer to the loadouts you'd see in a CoD or BF game than the wacky asymmetrical combat in OW. At least that's my take on it. Sure there's a melee class, and a heavy slow class, and a medic class, but the rest just have guns and different mobility options to make them distinct. If the LB characters were in OW, 85% of them would be in the "offensive" class.

Also, I think it's an odd sentiment that it's not worth trying something new in a genre you seem to enjoy because you "already have the game that fills that niche". By that metric most FPS gamers wouldn't have moved on from Counterstrike... wait a minute....

Fair enough on the distinction. I didn't say it's not worth trying for someone who is over Overwatch by now - it probably very much is. Personally I'm still digging Overwatch atm.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales Aug 10, 2017, 10:15 Prez

The Cliffy B consideration doesn't play much into my decisions, as I'm sure is the case with 95% of the target audience for Lawbreakers. I think it looks cool as hell, but I already have a multiplayer-only competitive hero shooter that I like - that being Overwatch obviously - and I don't feel like I need another.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Valve Teases Artifact: The Dota Card Game
12. Re: Valve Teases Artifact: The Dota Card Game Aug 9, 2017, 18:13 Prez

It seems Valve is only interested in churning out microtransaction-laden games with gambling economies. There will definitely not be another single player game from them again.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Tempest 4000 Announced
7. Re: Starbreeze Publishing Psychonauts 2 Aug 9, 2017, 12:34 Prez

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 08:37:
Tom wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 02:30:
Wow, surprised they worked out their differences after Atari shut down Minter's VR TxK release with legal threats. He had some choice words for them...

The last couple of attempts at this new, basically scam Atari publishing games didn't work out so well. Asteroids: Outpost was dropped in Early Access, basically never updated, then abandoned. And the attempt to Left 4 Dead Alone In the Dark was an abomination. And in both cases, the first time developers both went under and rumours abounded that Atari basically never paid them. And yeah, they attempted to sue Jeff Minter just because they could. I suspect he was either strongarmed into working with them to not get sued or he chose to, in which case, he'll probably get screwed in a similar way. I hope not though.

Don't forget their "remake" of the venerable Haunted House, which was an atrociously bad first person horror game that shat on the memory of the original. I loved that game as a kid.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Video Catch-up
15. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Catch-up Aug 6, 2017, 22:38 Prez

SlimRam wrote on Aug 6, 2017, 18:00:
Randy Pitchford: "So let me get this straight, Battleborn was a bomb?"

Gearbox:"'Fraid so Randy"

Randy Pitchford: "And Bulletstorm: Full clip barely sold?"

Randy Pitchford: "And Duke Nukem 20th anniversary world tour bombed too?"

Randy Pitchford: "Soooooooooo THAT MEANS...*thinking*....another Borderlands game?

Well I'll take the one series Gearbox is still good at, Borderlands, over them raping the Alien universe again.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month
10. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock This Month Aug 3, 2017, 00:00 Prez

Maybe I'm weird but I like it.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Standalone Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
5. Re: Standalone Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Jul 28, 2017, 11:17 Prez

Yeah when I can get it for a dollar off of a key resale site. Fuck Activision.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Play Just Cause 3 for Free
10. Re: Play Just Cause 3 for Free Jul 27, 2017, 20:32 Prez

Why play Just Cause 3? Just cause...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers
3. Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 27, 2017, 20:18 Prez

Primalchrome wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 18:14:
Too little too late. Most of the playerbase has already uninstalled.

I never get the too little too late argument. If a boatload of people left the game because peer-to-peer sucks, then isn't it conceivable that many of them will come back? They already plunked down at least $60 on the game - how hard is re-installing? I know that I am more interested now.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
2. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 26, 2017, 20:49 Prez

Well at least now they can point to the fact that their XBOX exclusives are also on Windows.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 20, 2017, 02:38 Prez

Watched the gameplay video of the early build. Looks really cool. Kind of reminds me of Resident Evil 4.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Telltale Announces New Batman; The Walking Dead, and The Wolf Among Us Series
4. Re: Telltale Announces New Batman; The Walking Dead, and The Wolf Among Us Series Jul 20, 2017, 02:36 Prez

Awesome! Looking forward to all 3. I have yet to grow tired of the "Telltale Formula", though I get that some have.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown
10. Re: Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown Jul 18, 2017, 02:08 Prez

Kxmode wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 23:08:
@Cutter, @eRe4s3r - Early Access and crowd funding are like the OTC stock market. I hope we're intelligent enough not to invest in such shenanigans.

Well hopefully YOU are smarter now, Mr Pre-order No Man's Sky.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown
9. Re: Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown Jul 18, 2017, 02:05 Prez

I'm kind of on the fence about wether a huge publisher like Ubisoft has any business running an Early Access game in the first place. At least they're not pulling a Sega who is making the Shenmue 3 team run a crowdfunding campaign while saying they fully support its creation. Ah but give Ubisoft time...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Free Trial
13. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Free Trial Jul 14, 2017, 18:57 Prez

Overon wrote on Jul 14, 2017, 18:03:
So the desperation has set it. Pumping up the player count in order to prevent EA from killing the franchise?

I think at this point it would be more resignation instead of desperation. The series has been indefinitely put on hold because of the disappointing performance of Andromeda. (Disappointing to EA who was expecting double the sales it actually got anyway).

Now it's just a matter of ensuring the player base for multiplayer stays healthy enough to keep it from being another Battleborn I think.

I don't think there's much danger of EA killing the franchise altogether. I agree with the theory that I've read that EA intends to wait until the original team that made the original trilogy is done with their current project. Which means it could be another LONG wait for another Mass Effect.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Overwatch Balance
9. Re: On Overwatch Balance [ Jul 8, 2017, 23:00 Prez

I like the way Blizzard is handling updates for Overwatch. All in all, every hero gets picked at a decent rate, at least in Quick Play. I don't do much competitive because it's too toxic most of the time.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 1, 2017, 19:08 Prez

1badmf wrote on Jul 1, 2017, 18:06:
HoSpanky wrote on Jul 1, 2017, 14:42:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 1, 2017, 13:43:
Maybe if they actually had sales on things that I want, I would participate. Judging from the previous sales, this will be a tedious waste of time.

Yeah, clearly people will buy damn near anything that's on sale tho, according to their statistics. I used to work in one of their warehouses for about 9 months, and people do indeed buy a LOT of junk. And dildos.

So many dildos.

as someone who works in the shipping side (UPS) can confirm so many dildos. old lady i once worked with had no idea what it was when one broke open. no one had the heart to tell her.

Hey guys don't judge me

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
43. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 30, 2017, 13:35 Prez

Arguments about ethical treatment of handicapped people aside, when you think about it, virtually every car on the road is wheelchair accessible in the sense that you can place the person in your passenger seat and fold the wheelchair down and put it your trunk. Obviously wouldn't work for every handicapped person but it's been done by Uber drivers before.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 29, 2017, 11:35 Prez

49 U.S. Code # 13102...

...A taxi service is, among other things, passenger transportation in a motor vehicle which is offered by a person that provides local transportation for a fare...

And 49 CFR Sec. 37.29...

... taxi services are not required to purchase or lease accessible automobiles and is not required to add accessible vehicles to its fleet".

Unless there is some overriding law that I haven't found yet, this lawsuit should be against the US government to change its laws, not Uber.

- Mahatma Gandhi

13546 Comments. 678 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo