Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 14085 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 16, 2018, 09:39 Prez

I've worked more than my share of 16-hour days in the manufacturing industry, where any day could be "crunch period" depending on what goes wrong. In business they'll say things like " we don't expect anyone to work ridiculously long hours" but the truth is that if you don't voluntarily work those ridiculously long hours you're viewed as weak or disloyal, not only by management but often by your peers as well. Without company policy explicitly stating that no one can work in excess of a certain number of hours a day or in a week harmful shift lengths will always be a problem, both for the people who work it and for those who choose not to. That's just been my experience anyway.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Video
22. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Video Oct 13, 2018, 17:26 Prez

Impressive video, no doubt. I just at this point wonder if all these impressive videos are intended to mask the fact that the huge number of game elements, environments, cool scenarios, and mechanics, while really cool unto themselves, are miles away from beimg joined together to be coming a cohesive, complete product. Which could take forever.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Released
8. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Released Oct 12, 2018, 15:46 Prez

robdot wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 11:13:
We played "battle royale ", 25 years ago, except we called it last man standing.

Yep. I guess it's like survival horror - Resident Evil exploded the genre even though it didn't invent it.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 CitizenCon Trailer
4. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 - CitizenCon Trailer Oct 11, 2018, 11:11 Prez

I love Mark Hamill but it's not really cool to ask the "now or awesome" question when we were promised something awesome 4 years ago and it isn't even close to done.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Strange Brigade Thrice Damned Released
2. Re: Strange Brigade Thrice Damned Released Oct 10, 2018, 12:10 Prez

Darks wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 11:28:
So, when they say three part, do they really mean this is one mission out of the three thats being released? The DLC Season pass is three new Coop maps. Just trying to get some clarification on this. I own the game and beat it. took around 10 hours and was a blast.

Actually getting ready to go to the Airport and catch a plan to Japan soon, so I dont have time to play this now to see for my self.

Fuck you - I'd give anything to go to Japan!

Seriously though hope you have a blast.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Microsoft Buying Obsidian?
20. Re: MS doesn't like competition Oct 10, 2018, 11:47 Prez

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 10:47:
WitcherOntheProwl wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 05:35:
Lack of options will eventually force gamers to buy from only a couple of online stores. Like steam, origin and uplay. Gas companies do this also. Close down the mom and pop's

Hasn't it already been this for many many years now? There wasn't a mom and pop online store either.

I'm okay with the online equivalent of Walmart (Steam), Target (Origin), Sears (Uplay) and Kmart (Microsoft's online abomination) being the defacto choices for digital gaming. Only trouble is Microsoft makes cynical cash-grab shit and can't even come close to making a decent platform, Ubisoft has a hard-on for making only the same nebulous content-laden open world "live services", and Uplay at best is merely an annoyance, and EA is basically Satan in corporate form. Valve doesn't make anything but money anymore, which would be fine by me if they would use even a tiny percentage of it to get decent customer service and some kind of basic curation.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2018, 12:02.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen & Tactical Legacy Pack Released - XCOM 2 Free Weekend
6. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen & Tactical Legacy Pack Released - XCOM 2 F Oct 10, 2018, 08:55 Prez

Oh hell. I already have hundreds of hours in XCOM 2 and now I'm going to have to go back to it. I am in romantic love with this game. My favorite game of the last 5 years hands down, and easily in my personal top 5 of all time.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Microsoft Buying Obsidian?
18. Re: Microsoft Buying Obsidian? Oct 10, 2018, 08:50 Prez

Fuck. First the promising Ninja Theory (makers of the great Senua's Sacrifice) and now this. If true, this is disheartening. I personally like and admire Obsidian, and there's no way this is a good deal for gamers who share my sentiment. While not the inevitable death sentence it would be if EA was acquiring them, in the end they may as well be dead because Microsoft will almost certainly grossly misuse them like they have been doing with the once-great Rare making garbage XBOX/Windows Store exclusives nobody wants. Microsoft's inept and flaccid gaming division can't die soon enough.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > DCS: F-14 Tomcat Preorders
8. Re: DCS: F-14 Tomcat Preorders Oct 9, 2018, 08:40 Prez

What - no 'Top Gun' references? No one wondering if the shirtless beach volleyball game is included or will be dlc? No one asking if the voiceovers will include iconic lines like 'Talk to me Goose' or 'You could be my wingman anytime '???? Shame.

On a serious note, I was wondering - what about the F-14 specifically required 2 pilots while most other fighters only needed one?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > 125K Find Super Seducer Attractive; Sequel Announced
17. Re: 125K Find Super Seducer 2 Attractive; Sequel Announced Sep 25, 2018, 12:16 Prez

Having some really gorgeous women play the roles of the women in the game who need to be superly seduced doesn't hurt.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Control: Origins Launches
9. Re: Star Control: Origins Launches Sep 21, 2018, 08:58 Prez

Nice. Will be picking this up and playing this weekend. On a related note, did the legal dust-up over the rights to the IP between the original creators and Stardock ever get settled?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Forsaken Shores Delayed Until Next Week
2. Re: Sea of Thieves Forsaken Shores Delayed Until Next Week Sep 18, 2018, 11:04 Prez

I'm assuming this is a free update as there is no price listing anywhere. As it should be, seeing as how they forgot to put a game in their game at release...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 18, 2018, 08:09 Prez

I don't doubt that there are some amazingly skilled females who could easily hold their own in e-sports competition, but given the general maturity level of the current crop of the all male competitors, I shudder to think of the shitshow that would inevitably ensue. I follow the Overwatch league closely, and even without women there is no shortage of instances of them getting themselves into trouble.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
16. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 13, 2018, 18:56 Prez

As someone who used to love and is still fascinated by conspiracy theories (yet believes exactly none of them) I find reading up on #QAnon to be delicious! That shit is awesome! There's just no way the mysterious 'Q' doesn't look like the smoking man from the X-Files.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Construction Simulator 2 US - Pocket Edition for Windows
1. Re: Construction Simulator 2 US - Pocket Edition for Windows Sep 13, 2018, 12:21 Prez

I'm one of those weird people who doesn't mind direct ports from mobile. There are some good mobile games where I've said to myself "this is a good game but I hate trying to control it with a touch screen". The problem comes in when no effort is made to adapt the controls to a mouse and keyboard when it's ported to PC. That's just lazy.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Vox Machinae Early Access Nears
1. Re: Vox Machinae Early Access Nears Sep 13, 2018, 12:18 Prez

Woops wrong thread  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Halo 5 Guardians Coming to PCs?
23. Re: Halo 5 Guardians Coming to PCs? Sep 11, 2018, 08:06 Prez

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 10, 2018, 16:17:
Prez wrote on Sep 10, 2018, 15:40:
I'm one of those weird people who played and loved the first Halo on PC way back when. I even downloaded a cracked version of Halo 2 so I could play it on Windows ME because I was too poor to upgrade my OS such was my love for it at the time. I'm long since over it but I really loved those games.

I'm also long since over wondering if Microsoft will ever actually make good on their never-ending promises to recommit to PC gaming. As far as I'm concerned they are merely an OS maker.

They’re committed to PC gaming more than before. That’s not saying much, but every first party Xbox title comes out same day on PC. You’re wondering if they’ll make good, and they have been, for like two years now.

If their XBOX exclusive/Win10 release list wasn't so dismally pathetic in those 2 years, that might be something. Alas, the don't have anything approaching that of Sony or Nintendo.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Halo 5 Guardians Coming to PCs?
15. Re: Halo 5 Guardians Coming to PCs? Sep 10, 2018, 15:40 Prez

I'm one of those weird people who played and loved the first Halo on PC way back when. I even downloaded a cracked version of Halo 2 so I could play it on Windows ME because I was too poor to upgrade my OS such was my love for it at the time. I'm long since over it but I really loved those games.

I'm also long since over wondering if Microsoft will ever actually make good on their never-ending promises to recommit to PC gaming. As far as I'm concerned they are merely an OS maker.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Rocksteady's "Highly Anticipated Upcoming AAA Title"
18. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 10, 2018, 09:28 Prez

Never been a fan of Superman myself. He's way too OP - needs a nerf badly.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Sep 8, 2018, 00:40 Prez

Agreed - this article isn't just full of innaccurate statements, it is entirely based on an enormous fallacy that can be disproven easily.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

14085 Comments. 705 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo