Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13323 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Oct 4, 2016, 11:19 Prez

Fair enough. But consider - The problem is that currently developers have no incentive to ever finish their game and include the promised features that got people to buy into it early in the first place. Look at DayZ. The developers have yet to add a ton of the features after years of Early Access. At this point, after millions of dollars in sales, why would they bother to ever finish it? What's the incentive? They've made their money. I don't think it's fair to consumers for the developers to be able to hide behind a blurb in the early access note that says "we may or may not finish the game". At the very least Valve should start enforcing a time limit for how long a game can stay in Early Access and potentially dupe more customers into paying for an incomplete game.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Oct 4, 2016, 10:57 Prez

Agreed. Caveat Emptor doesn't really apply in my opinion. Not when the Steam refunds are so limited. Were Valve to change their refund system such that a user can get a refund at any time while a game is in early access, regardless of playtime it would give consumers far more protection in cases where developers don't deliver a working product in a reasonably timely manner. As it is right now, Early Access, while a great concept, is just too easy for developers to abuse and fail on their promises.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit
21. Re: Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit Oct 1, 2016, 21:01 Prez

The Romine brothers deserve every ounce of public humiliation and commercial destruction they have received. The shit they shovel onto Steam is the worst kind of exploitative shovelware and they are too stupid to understand that trying to censor criticism will backfire 100% of the time. As an aside, I'd like to say shame on Valve for letting pathetic worthless shit like DH's "games" on Steam. DH is far from the only "developer" being allowed by Valve to do this, and it has gotten so out of control that there is probably more shovelware than actual games on Steam now. It's sad.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Battleborn F2P Rumor Denied
4. Re: Battleborn F2P Rumor Denied Sep 30, 2016, 12:15 Prez

I'm not a big fan of Pitchford, but I am interested in Battleborn. Much more so than Overwatch because of Battleborn's coop and campaign. To me it's pretty foolish to not go F2P with the community dwindling as it is. Certainly a large price cut is in order at the very least.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Production Line Announced
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2016, 10:41 Prez

Positech is Cliffski isn't it? He doesn't come around anymore does he?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears?
5. Re: Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears? Sep 29, 2016, 10:33 Prez

Half-Life would make a pretty good action adventure movie, but Portal would only work as an action comedy in my opinion.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart
41. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Sep 27, 2016, 18:47 Prez

Beamer wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 17:43:
dsmart wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 15:42:
Prez wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 15:21:
I don't give a crap about all the drama surrounding Star Citizen - I'm into gaming, not soap operas. That said, having read this article and the one Blue posted last week about the troubled development of SC thus far, I started thinking to myself about all the games with this kind of troubled development cycle that have come out since I've been a gamer. Personally I can't think of one that has been released and even came close to delivering on the original promise of the game. The closest one I can think of is Homefront, but that game was merely average and could have been so much better.

Not one. Not a single one. Ever.

Not entirely true.

But Homefront was terrible.

Not being a console gamer I wasn't aware of RDR's troubled development but it's kind of encouraging that it HAS happened.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer
13. Re: Battlefield 1 Single-Player Details & Trailer Sep 27, 2016, 18:41 Prez

Was AIX the singleplayer/coop mod for BF2? If so, I enjoyed the hell out of that. I would love another one of those for a later BF game, but it looks like that will never happen. The theory about the technical hurdles of programming bot AI to navigate deformable terrain being too high makes sense, but I still wish it to happen. Yeah I'm a dreamer.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart
37. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Sep 27, 2016, 15:21 Prez

I don't give a crap about all the drama surrounding Star Citizen - I'm into gaming, not soap operas. That said, having read this article and the one Blue posted last week about the troubled development of SC thus far, I started thinking to myself about all the games with this kind of troubled development cycle that have come out since I've been a gamer. Personally I can't think of one that has been released and even came close to delivering on the original promise of the game. The closest one I can think of is Homefront, but that game was merely average and could have been so much better.

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 2016, 15:27.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Banned From Twitch, 'Bikini Streamer' Finds Success (And Haters) On YouTube. Sep 26, 2016, 19:27 Prez

I like this girl!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Revive Battlefield 2142
10. Re: Revive Battlefield 2142 Sep 26, 2016, 17:20 Prez

2142 was my favorite Battlefield ever. I still sucked ass but at least it kept me playing.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Examined
66. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 23, 2016, 22:27 Prez

Personally I found the article to be excellent. All the more surprising since it has Kotaku's name attached to it!

It does present a worrying picture of the project, but I enjoyed it. Not being in game development myself I like being able to read about what goes on at development studios.

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 2016, 22:34.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Interviews
16. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 23, 2016, 20:22 Prez

Stormsinger wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 18:51:
I just stopped in to see what the MRAs were raving about this week. Come on guys, this is -way- too tame...I made popcorn and everything!

While I find her videos laughable, I think the basis of her opinion about women in games has some merit. It's just a shame she presented her arguments so poorly with ridiculous examples and assertions. She also completely failed to offer any real solutions (other than the obvious "design women in games to be more to my liking" theme of her movement, which isn't really helpful...)

I was always far more aggravated at the gaming media for championing her without pointing out the many fallacies in her arguments than I ever was at Sarkeesian herself.

Also, what are "MRA's"?

- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 23, 2016, 11:21 Prez

I had just been thinking to myself recently that we haven't heard anything from Anita Sarkeesian lately. So I guess this is my fault. Sorry everyone.

- Mahatma Gandhi

30. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 22, 2016, 17:41 Prez

To me he seems he was painting with a very broad brush. I can't bring myself to feel offended though - this is Pachter we're talking about. I don't care about which platform is better; I just know which I prefer to game on. To each his (or her) own.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > BATMAN - The Telltale Series - Episode 2 Released
5. Re: BATMAN - The Telltale Series - Episode 2 Released Sep 20, 2016, 20:05 Prez

I rather like the Telltale games. I'm looking forward to getting into Tales From the Borderlands soon.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Gears of War 4 Launch Trailer
15. Re: Gears of War 4 Launch Trailer Sep 20, 2016, 12:31 Prez

Not going to touch the Windows store. Make it available on other services or no sale for me.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2016, 11:45 Prez

The changes seem like the best possible solution to the problem of review spamming on Steam. I'm a little concerned that the option to ignore non-steam store reviews is on by default since the average user will most likely not even notice that that is the case. On the flip side this does serve to protect more casual consumers from being duped by the huge number of biased, fake, and paid-for reviews so I understand why they chose to do it that way.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Sep 20, 2016, 11:37 Prez

I watched a "Let's Play" of the first 90 minutes of "The Bunker" and I was amazed at how engrossing it was. This is especially amazing considering I don't like FMV games and I generally don't like point and click adventure games.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2016, 17:52 Prez

Talk like a pirate day? I'm going to go play Raven's Cry.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

13323 Comments. 667 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo