Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 14096 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Anthem Gameplay Video
10. Re: Anthem Gameplay Video Oct 29, 2018, 08:21 Prez

A less-narrative focused looter shooter in a sci-fi universe? Don't we already have Destiny 2?

Seriously though, while it does look cool, with EA as publisher I just don't see how it won't make the same fuck-ups that Activision Bungie made on a laughably consistent basis with Destiny 2. All the cynical cash-grabbing, putting monetization and revenue streams above actual gameplay, outright lying to the fan base... these are all things Activision/Bungie did with Destiny 2 and are part and parcel of everything EA touches.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
48. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2018, 23:14 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Oct 28, 2018, 15:15:
Prez wrote on Oct 28, 2018, 14:06:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 27, 2018, 13:27:
Prez wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 13:18:
Speaking of aggressive natures, before I knew much about them I was stunned to read about a study sponsored by The AKA that found that pit bulls (often referred to as the American Staffordshire Terrier) are in the lower half of all breeds for natural aggression. At the lowest is Retrievers (goldies, flat-hairs, etc...) and at the top? Chihuahuas. Dobermans, German Shepherds, Rotties, Akitas, Chows all rated far higher on the natural aggression scale than pit bulls. I have since come to learn the truth of this. I have fosterd dozens and currently have 5 of my very own and they are fantastic dogs.

Whether or not they have lower natural aggression is a moot point, Pit Bulls are responsible for more human injuries and deaths than all other breeds combined.

That is humanities fault, not the breed's. They have been exploited by human monsters because of their strength and intensity. Their natural aggression ranking is absolutely not a 'moot point'.

Nature vs. nurture, but people buy and train Rotts and Shepherds for the same reasons as Pit Bulls, yet only Pit Bulls sit at "more than all other breeds combined."

I've worked with literally dozens of rescued pit bulls trained to fight and kill. I have 2 such pitties (rehabilitated) living with me right now. In all of my tume in this work I have not come across one single German Shepherd or Rottweiler trained to do so. Pit bulls are overbred for the purpose to such horrifying degree that 75% of animals euthanized in city shelters across the US are pit bulls. Sorry, you can't just keep citing statistics to prove your point. They are devoid of critical context.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

46. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2018, 14:06 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Oct 27, 2018, 13:27:
Prez wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 13:18:
Speaking of aggressive natures, before I knew much about them I was stunned to read about a study sponsored by The AKA that found that pit bulls (often referred to as the American Staffordshire Terrier) are in the lower half of all breeds for natural aggression. At the lowest is Retrievers (goldies, flat-hairs, etc...) and at the top? Chihuahuas. Dobermans, German Shepherds, Rotties, Akitas, Chows all rated far higher on the natural aggression scale than pit bulls. I have since come to learn the truth of this. I have fosterd dozens and currently have 5 of my very own and they are fantastic dogs.

Whether or not they have lower natural aggression is a moot point, Pit Bulls are responsible for more human injuries and deaths than all other breeds combined.

That is humanities fault, not the breed's. They have been exploited by human monsters because of their strength and intensity. Their natural aggression ranking is absolutely not a 'moot point'.

- Mahatma Gandhi

40. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2018, 13:18 Prez

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 26, 2018, 12:49 Prez

Why does an innocent person always end up dead in these cases? Trigger-happy much?

I'm sorry but if you show up to an innocent person's house and they end up dead then something is seriously wrong with law enforcement tactics.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Get Metro 2033 Free on Steam
8. Re: Get Metro 2033 Free on Steam Oct 26, 2018, 08:43 Prez

Great game. I personally didn't have too much trouble with the limited oxygen mechanic. It gave some serious tension to the outdoor environments. My biggest complaint was that they used ammo, already a scarce commodity in the game, as currency as well. It definitely makes sense that in a post-apocalytic world filled with mutated monsters that ammo would be highly valued, but it didn't make a smart gameplay choice in my opinion. Otherwise I loved this game.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass Coming to Windows
12. Re: Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass Coming to Windows Oct 25, 2018, 18:04 Prez

@ Horrorscope: Yeah, either it wasn't well communicated or I wasn't paying enough attention (probably the latter).

Depending on the older titles they are talking about, I may be interested in the new service that encompasses those as well. I'll wait and see before I decide.

- Mahatma Gandhi

28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2018, 15:58 Prez

Creston wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 15:42:
VaranDragon wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 13:56:
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 12:09:
Well, I don't beans about Millan, but a quick Google tells me he must have at least some understanding of dog behavior. Are you claiming his successes are faked somehow?

His successes have not been faked. However the number of failures are not known, and threin lies the problem. It is well established in scientific literature that the "alpha" behavior specific to wolves doesn't hold much water when dogs are in question. It "may" work with some dogs, just like it "may" work with some humans or any other animal for that matter, but it doesn't mean that it's a good or reliable method for training your or any other dog.

What does that mean, that there are no alpha dogs? Because that's flat-out bullshit. I can introduce you to my three dogs, and within about 30 seconds you'll see which of the three is the alpha. (and how she lords it over the other two.)

As for Cesar, of course he has failures. Nobody calls him in for a dog who occasionally doesn't listen. He only gets called for the absolute terrible cases where the dog is just flat out of control or doesn't listen at all. He's not going to be able to fix all of those.

Cesar does pretty damn good work, and I've used several of his techniques with great success over my history of 'owning' 12 dogs (and counting.)

Cesar gets a lot of disdain from certified behavorists because his techniques are unorthodox and don't always work. In truth even the best, most adept trainer has had failures as well. In my personal opinion (again, based on hundreds if not thousands of hours of working with troubled animals) is that he uses the "alpha/pack leader method exclusively when there are times when it won't work. A dog's first instinct is ALWAYS survival. If they view that as obtainable via being part of a pack, either the alpha or subservient, then yes they will default to basic pack dynamics that have been extensively observed in wolves, their close cousins. However, if a dog is stressed, frightened, or defensive, they tend to default to survival mode, which opens up the spectrum of a whole new group of possible behaviors. At this point pack dynamics very likely will mean very little to the dog. Which in turn requores a very different approach. Again, in my experience.

- Mahatma Gandhi

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2018, 15:18 Prez

VaranDragon wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 13:56:
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 12:09:
Well, I don't beans about Millan, but a quick Google tells me he must have at least some understanding of dog behavior. Are you claiming his successes are faked somehow?

His successes have not been faked. However the number of failures are not known, and threin lies the problem. It is well established in scientific literature that the "alpha" behavior specific to wolves doesn't hold much water when dogs are in question. It "may" work with some dogs, just like it "may" work with some humans or any other animal for that matter, but it doesn't mean that it's a good or reliable method for training your or any other dog.

Cesar Milan is a decent guy who loves dogs with no formal training. He operates exclusively on an uncanny natural talent he has honed over years and years. Unfortunately relying solely on natural talent when dealing with troubled dogs in any number of problematic situations can only get you so far. He has been bitten (often to his complete surprise) many times, and has had some pretty significant notable failures (That obviously aren't going to make it into his TV show). Above all, though, Cesar is a wonderful dude with a huge heart who loves dogs so he gets respect from me for that.

- Mahatma Gandhi

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2018, 13:22 Prez

I'm not a certified behavorist (and incidentally neither is Cesar Milan), but I have worked with several and have a pretty vast cache of experience with dogs. In my time working as an animal advocate/rescuer, a few things have either been imparted upon me by experts or have become very plainly obvious through hundreds of hours of interactions with dogs of all breeds and sizes. Believe it or not, all others factors being equal you are far more likely to be bitten by your average pure-bred small breed dog than you are by your average mixed breed medium to large dog, pit bulls included. With little dogs especially it's easy to appear threatening and looming to them, and they are generally more prone to want to be the alpha because owners of small breed dogs statistically allow them to become dominant in their household because their small size makes it little more than an occasional nuisance. Many behaviorists will tell you that a dog will consider their humans as part of their 'pack' and will work to establish the 'pecking order' so to speak. If the human does not assume the role, they will take the pack-leader role upon themselves, making them problematic behavior-wise, especially when unknown third parties enter the picture.

Of course, despite them being domesticated, dogs are still animals and are not always predictable and don't always behave as expected.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass Coming to Windows
5. Re: Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass Coming to Windows Oct 25, 2018, 12:39 Prez

If by some miracle this isn't a GFWL-sized clusterfuck, and there's actual value to be had - if I can play the Gears of War titles, Forza, State of Decay (and I guess Sea of Thieves, assuming they finally added the 'game' part to that game) - then I might be on board for this. Even then there just isn't much that Microsoft has that I'm interested in to make me pay 10 bucks a month for very long.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 25, 2018, 11:44 Prez

Beamer wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 09:38:
Prez wrote on Oct 25, 2018, t509:35:
"Arghh! We are offended by your joking about our movement against basic biological reality!"

The world is fucking insane.

It's not biological reality, though. Yes, people typically have a penis or a vagina, but that's not always true, and not always reflected in the rest of a person. For chromosomes, they typically are XX or XY, but that's also not always true. And that ignores the difference between gender and sex.

Yes, there are exceptions. There are always exceptions. For virtually everything under the sun, there are exceptions. And you know me, I respect each individual human being regardless of how they are when they are born and I expect them to be afdorded every single basic right that every human being deserves. But at what point is anything true anymore. Is up still up, or is it actually down because someone says so? Is black suddenly white because that's what someone thinks it should be? A man is a man, and a woman is a woman. And someone who actually born with both physical attributes can be whatever they want of those two - fine by me. But how in the holy hell am I supposed to swallow that a man who puts on a wig and a dress and some lipstick is suddenly female? I can not reconcile that in my head.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Oct 25, 2018, 09:35 Prez

"Arghh! We are offended by your joking about our movement against basic biological reality!"

The world is fucking insane.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month
11. Re: HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month Oct 24, 2018, 14:17 Prez

Undocumented Alien wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 14:03:
Prez wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 12:15:
I've always loved the concept of this game, but from the start it's like this project was cursed. Done right this could still be great. I just don't expect it will be.

Blizzard should do this with the Diablo IP w/o the "aggressive business model". Borderlands but demonic.

I thought HG:L was a good concept as well, I had some fun with play-through as the soldier/sniper class,

Flagship just went overboard with adverts and subscription model dividing the customer base.

Yes, Borderlands in a post-apocalyptic, demon-infested London? I still drool over the concept. Hellgate London should have been brilliant. But all too often we see that great concepts don't equate to great games. Still, so enamored am I with this setting and potential that I will try it again, hoping beyond hope that they get it right this time.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month
3. Re: HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month Oct 24, 2018, 12:15 Prez

I've always loved the concept of this game, but from the start it's like this project was cursed. Done right this could still be great. I just don't expect it will be.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > 3D Realms Plans QUAKE-Engine Shooter
8. Re: 3D Realms Plans QUAKE-Engine Shooter Oct 24, 2018, 08:33 Prez

I have a weird attraction to retro shooters, and this one looks great.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 23, 2018, 17:55 Prez

When it comes to Legos I'll always be that 10 year-old kid sitting in my room building anything and everything out of my beloved Legos all day. Those Overwatch Lego sets are badass. Overwatch is a perfect fit for Legos.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

30. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2018, 11:12 Prez

IIRC this particular test was of a special nuclear powered 'neutron bomb' that was only needed to detonate in the general vicinity of the incoming missile, not directly hit it. The nuclear explosion of a multi-megaton-sized bomb meant it's kill radius would be pretty huge. The neutrons, coupled with intense X-Rays, would bombard the incoming missile and destroy it before it re-entered the atmosphere. The test in '71 in Alaska proved there would be very little nuclear fallout from such a blast, again IIRC.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Listing Spotted
51. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Listing Spotted Oct 22, 2018, 15:47 Prez

Beamer wrote on Oct 22, 2018, 10:12:
MP1 & 2 was Remedy - Rockstar had nothing to do with them. They did do 3, though, and I thought 3 was a pretty smart story in a pretty fun game. I have Alan Wake for PC, never touched it, maybe some day.

Dammit my memory sure isn't what it used to be. I liked MP3 well enough; it retained enough of the feel of the originals. I liked the flashback scenes when he was a cop in a New York the best as they felt the most like the originals.

- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2018, 13:01 Prez

As an aside to the nuclear test story, I remember as a kid hearing how much shit Reagan took for his 'Star Wars' missile defense program. Years later I came to learn that this test proved it was not only possible, but very doable. By then the political climate had shifted too much to make it a politically viable venture. Who knows, completing it may have actually heightened cold war tensions, so maybe it was for the best that it wasn't ever completed.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

14096 Comments. 705 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo