Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13325 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 29, 2016, 16:08 Prez

The technology, particularly the Microsoft surface, looks interesting but to say that it is "saving the PC" seems a bit dubious.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming
13. Re: Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming Oct 29, 2016, 15:58 Prez

My suspicion is that Microsoft is using the fact that there was considerable opposition to Steam and Origin that later subsided as those platforms improved tremendously as a model as to why they are stubbornly sticking to their guns on this. The problem with this is that MS apparently still has no clue how to serve the PC audience.

I had Windows 10 until I reformatted and reinstalled Windows 8.1 and I am in no hurry to go back to 10. I want to play Gears 4 but not enough to use Windows 10 or the godawful Winstore.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Batman - The Telltale Series Episode 1 Free
6. Re: Batman - The Telltale Series Episode 1 Free Oct 28, 2016, 22:51 Prez

Every down vote on Steam seems to be due to poor performance. For a point and click cel-shaded game? Weird. Maybe they were going for the Arkham Knight style?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Released - No Season Pass
10. Re: Titanfall 2 Released - No Season Pass Oct 28, 2016, 13:34 Prez

It just boggles my mind that they would release this so close to the new Battlefield.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 25, 2016, 12:31 Prez

Wow. I'm against torrenting movies but this seems almost Orwellian.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Patches
3. Re: Morning Patches Oct 25, 2016, 12:16 Prez

@ Darks...
A quick "big picture" synopsis of the 1.4 patch:

The new 1.4 patch is 5GB and includes loads of improvements, including more generous and better loot drops, World Tier Controls (I started at Tier 2 just to get a feel for the difficulty), increased ammo capacity for players and shorter time to kill NPCs.I especially like that on the boss encounters (like the daily and weekly manhunt missions) the boss's entire squad arent all elites anymore.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Oct 25, 2016, 10:25 Prez

Woohoo! Can't wait to try this out!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Nintendo Switch Announced
41. Re: Nintendo Switch Announced Oct 20, 2016, 18:45 Prez

This looks pretty cool. If I was looking for a handheld gaming system this would be the one I'd choose.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Next Month
1. Re: Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Next Month Oct 19, 2016, 10:35 Prez

Dark siders was very cool. I enjoyed the hell out of it.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles
50. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles Oct 18, 2016, 18:15 Prez

Dammit! Was really hoping to try out Red Dead Redemption on PC.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Update
57. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Update Oct 15, 2016, 20:40 Prez

Considering that No Man's Sky sold over 2 million copies in its preorders and first week sales I think Sean Murray is just fine. Of course he is only human and he absolutely shouldn't be harassed or threatened over a game that fell short of what was pitched and sold to the public. But this kind of behavior, be it from a huge publisher or a small indie, should always be called out. Companies that do what Hello Games did with No Man's Sky and what Gearbox did with Colonial Marines should be taken to task for their actions. If they aren't then what would stop them from doing it again and again? If it really is a case of naivety and wide-eyed enthusiasm run out of control instead of something more nefarious then Sean Murray needs to take his lumps, own up to the mistakes, and make sure he learns from the experience for his future endeavors in the industry.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 13, 2016, 14:47 Prez

Exactly. Even if gaming PC's doubled in sales every year the overall market would still be shrinking. My company is still running on 4 year old PC's and there really isn't any reason to upgrade - all the modern software runs fine on them. I'm sure this is the case everywhere.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Beyond Good & Evil for Free
27. Re: Beyond Good & Evil for Free Oct 13, 2016, 10:54 Prez

I did not like Ubiplay at all and I DESPISED Origin when they both came out. But now I use all 3, though Steam is the only one I leave running in the background. To me Steam is the best of the three by a large margin for various reasons.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: There are now over 10,000 games on Steam… Oct 12, 2016, 14:49 Prez

SlimRam wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 12:47:
And Prez has them all! Glad to see he's back in the land of the living, he was away for awhile.

I currently have about 18% of them (around 1800). I certainly echo the common sentiment that a large portion of the Steam catalog is utter garbage. I may not be the most discerning gamer but even I have some standards!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Overwatch Launches PvE Mode and Halloween Skins
11. Re: Overwatch Launches PvE Mode and Halloween Skins Oct 12, 2016, 09:12 Prez

MattyC wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 01:00:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 11, 2016, 21:24:
PVE content? Is Overwatch dying already, or was that part of the plan all along?

I imagine it was the plan all along. It worked for TF2.

Has anyone tried the PVE yet? How is it?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dungeon Keeper Free on Origin
1. Re: Dungeon Keeper Free on Origin Oct 7, 2016, 09:48 Prez

Very cool. Still doesn't make up for Dungeon Keeper Mobile though.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Geoff Keighley on No Man's Sky's Pricing
18. Re: Quoteworthy: Geoff Keighley on No Man's Sky's Pricing Oct 7, 2016, 08:07 Prez

Drayth wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 01:02:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 23:59:
Shok wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 22:08:
Still waiting for $20-$30 sale price before I buy it. Luckily I saw enough of the leaked footage to hold me off and wait for reviews.

It's not even worth that. In its current form, it's a $10 game.

It's not even worth that. In its current form, it's a $5 game.

Okay I'll keep this going...

It's not even worth that. In its current form, it's a 25¢ game.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: What’s the Longest Humans Can Live- 115 Years, New Study Says. Oct 6, 2016, 18:16 Prez

LanikTnt wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 17:43:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 13:04:
The Bible's view and the belief of millions are that humans have the capacity to live much longer than 115 years. The Bible states we have the capacity to live forever and were designed to do just that. It even says in Ecclesiastes 3:11 that God "has even put eternity in their heart," which explains why so many people believe they can live forever today. Unfortunately, inherited Adamic sin mars our ability to do so. (Romans 5:12) The good news is this miserable condition will soon be expunged. (Romans 6:23; Revelation 21:4) After that, age, cellular degradation, and a multitude of other infirmities will no longer have a stranglehold on our lives. We will, in effect, have perpetual lifespans.

I know many of you don't hold these views. I would kindly ask that you be tolerant of a point of view you don't have.

First thing I thought when I saw that article link was that after Moses man's days were numbered 120 years.

I'm not a Christian but my ex-wife was. From what I remember of the Old Testament yes this is correct from a theological standpoint. I however agree that science will likely have broken that barrier within the next 100 years. But if the way things work now is any indication I suspect only the very rich will be able to afford whatever genetic and cellular manipulation would be required for such artificial longevity.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Xbox boss says some reviewers give low scores for clicks Oct 6, 2016, 11:34 Prez

That's an odd assertion. I don't think it really works that way, especially since most sites are in agreement that it is only an average game.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Gears of War 4 Specs
14. Re: Gears of War 4 Specs Oct 5, 2016, 14:40 Prez

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 13:18:
I must be old school but I don't keep games on my SSD
I have a 5TB WD black drive with all my games on it.

I run the OS and Steam on an SSD but all my games are on a 2TB drive. It's very fast. Fast enough for me anyway.

As far as GoW goes, if it is bundled with the 1060 I'm going to buy soon I'll try it out, otherwise I'll pass.

- Mahatma Gandhi

13325 Comments. 667 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo