Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 14097 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Content Plans
6. Re: Sea of Thieves Content Plans Mar 22, 2018, 14:44 Prez

Maybe I'm becoming too much of a cynic in my old age but I think it's telling that the first thing they mention in talking about content they are looking to add to the game is cosmetic stuff. That ought to be at the bottom of the list seeing as the general consensus is that the game is lacking stuff to actually do. Not sure people will care too much about how they look if there's not enough stuff to do to keep them engaged.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Mar 22, 2018, 12:06 Prez

Not just a Republican thing. But the reality no lawmakers were ever going to actually do anything be it on violent games or guns or anything else; they were just making noise about things until public outrage moved onto something else like politicians always do.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Tomb Raider Remasters Axed
2. Re: Tomb Raider Remasters Axed Mar 22, 2018, 12:01 Prez

Well that kind of sucks.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Pricey New Warframe for Warframe
12. Re: Pricey New Warframe for Warframe Mar 22, 2018, 09:55 Prez

aka_STEVE wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 14:08:
...and people are raging against loot boxes

Not speaking for anyone else, but for me paid DLC (even something so egregiously expensive as the DLC for Warframe) where you pay money for a thing and get the thing is still a more honest transaction than having a gambling mechanic to get the same thing with no upper limit in what could be spent obtaining it. As crazy as it is to me to spend $140 on a slice of in-game content, you would spend a hell of a lot more trying to get the same stuff with loot boxes.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 21, 2018, 12:12 Prez

Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 12:03:
You don't need to create a new tax just eliminate the loopholes.

Not sure about in Europe but I'd definitely agree with that in the US.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Sets Sail
40. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 21, 2018, 10:30 Prez

Quinn wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 08:35:
Prez wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 08:04:
xXStellarDadXx wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 19:10:
Game servers being hammered...fuck i cant play it...well ...maybe tomarrow...

Well at least they could have rented some extra servers for launch month.

Blues tends to be ... lets call it a more discerning crowd so despite people's impressions I still would like to try it out as I'm far less discerning than most.

Of course you'll try it out, Prez. It seems you try out every game xD

Haha yes I really do love trying out new games (just not not the no-effort drek that Steam routinely shits out of it's bowels on a weekly basis). More often than not I find games that tend to get downvoted for being buggy, repetitive, or boring to my liking. I can't tell you how many games that have "mixed " or even "mostly negative" reviews on Steam that I've played and got considerable enjoyment out of.

- Mahatma Gandhi

35. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 21, 2018, 08:04 Prez

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 19:10:
Game servers being hammered...fuck i cant play it...well ...maybe tomarrow...

Well at least they could have rented some extra servers for launch month.

Blues tends to be ... lets call it a more discerning crowd so despite people's impressions I still would like to try it out as I'm far less discerning than most. Too bad it's published by Microsoft though.

- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 12:34 Prez

Prez, Quantum Break isn’t multiplayer, so it can be transferred elsewhere. It’s also not made by an internal Microsoft studio.

Fair enough - you're probably right. If there is any game that would make me try the Windows Store again it would probably be State of Decay 2 given how much I enjoyed the first one. I guess we'll see.

- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 12:12 Prez

HoSpanky wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 11:09:
Prez wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 10:18:
Put it somewhere other than the execrable Windows Store and I'll give it a whirl as it looks like it might be fun. Of course if it's anything like Guns of Icarus being on a team of jackasses can spoil every game session regardless of how good the core game is.

Not really sure what the issue is with the Windows store, but since this is a game published by Microsoft, it’s the only place you’ll ever see it. You don’t see new games from EA and Ubi on Steam (if you do, it still automatically fires up their respective stores to launch). People wanted competing stores, this is what you get.

The windows store is fairly innocuous. You don’t have to open it to launch any of their games. The cost of it being “windows store only” is that it won’t drop in price anytime soon, but it does offer crossplay with the Xbone, which means there will be more players later in its life than if it were PC only.

I didn’t find it to be terribly engaging. I’m prolly in around the $20-$25 mark though.

I don't mind using Uplay and Origin as well as Steam. It's the Windows Store that I have a problem with. I tried to buy Gears of War 4 on it some time ago. When I was finally able to even find it using the store's abysmal search function, after multiple attempts all I got was frustration. Never again. And Quantum Break started out as a Windows 10 Windows Store exclusive but it later was released on other platdorms, so it is not an impossibility that the same will happen with other "Play Anywhere" exclusives. If it doesn't, oh well, I'll survive.

- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 10:38 Prez

Deleted

- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 10:36 Prez

Flo wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 10:28:
Prez wrote on Mar 20, 2018, 10:18:
Put it somewhere other than the execrable Windows Store and I'll give it a whirl as it looks like it might be fun. Of course if it's anything like Guns of Icarus being on a team of jackasses can spoil every game session regardless of how good the core game is.
What's wrong with it in its current state as opposed to its shitty early version from 2 years ago?
Assuming you are asking about Guns of Icarus, the game itself is good. But because I play with randos only my enjoyment hinges on being able to be on an airship with a crew that isn't toxic as fuck or full of trolls.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2018, 10:26 Prez

The last male northern white rhino, Sudan, dies as the last hope for the subspecies

Thanks poachers. Burn in hell you fucks.

- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 10:18 Prez

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ataribox is Atari VCS
13. Re: Ataribox is Atari VCS Mar 20, 2018, 08:47 Prez

Yeah, this totally won't be a complete flop. Rolleyes  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > HTC VIVE Pro Preorders
26. Re: HTC VIVE Pro Preorders Mar 19, 2018, 16:24 Prez

I'd say that for me Arizona Sunshine is the closest VR has had so far to a killer app. It is pretty awesome actually. As to good seated VR experiences, I'd add Everspace to the mix. I have to turn on cockpit mode to avoid the nausea I get after playing for 10 or 15 minutes but it's pretty great. I'd love to see the upcoming Mechwarrior 5 with a VR mode. That has been a fantasy of mine from the day i first played Mechwarrior in the 90's.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ghost of a Tale Released
16. Re: Ghost of a Tale Released Mar 19, 2018, 15:15 Prez

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 10:42:
Prez wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 09:21:
Unity is not the problem; the dickhead "developers" who want to make a quick buck with zero effort on Steam are the problem.

Sure there are some low efforts out there, but this whole zero effort thing is way overboard. It takes a lot to make a game in any system and if you don't have the best assets/talent, it is still work and there are many other parts of a game that are indeed work. I'd be more apt to say "Unity really can pull off great results if the talent is there to put it in", which I had no doubt. For example this game is being praised upfront by its animation, Unity tools allow it to be state of the art if the user is up to it, as good as models as you can make with all the tools for fine granularity to make it life like.

There's low effort, and then there's no effort. And yes, plenty of no effort games have been uploaded to Steam in the past couple of years. The biggest recent example was Silicon Echo (SidAlpha talked about them many times on his YouTube channel). They released around 200 games on Steam in a year's time (under several different company names so as to mask what they were doing). There is no way a development studio of 5 or 6 people could realistically achieve that output without buying game demo assets from Unity's Asset Store and uploading them without changing a single line of code or in-game model (which, it was discovered, is exactly what they were doing). Even John Ricotello, the current CEO of Unity, acknowledges that this happens all the time. He just doesn't feel it's his company's job to police that sort of thing. Silicon Echo is nowhere near the only ones who have done this. UnitZ (a survival/crafting game demo map with zombies that is sold on Unity's Asset store) was submitted to Steam wholesale back in the Steam Greenlight days at least a dozen times. They took what was supposed to have been a starting point for a game off of the Asset Store and submitted it as their own game. That's zero effort.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > HTC VIVE Pro Preorders
2. Re: HTC VIVE Pro Preorders Mar 19, 2018, 10:17 Prez

$800 without controllers? Jesus - privilege goggles indeed.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 19, 2018, 09:28 Prez

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 18:53:
Who the hell is still buying PUBG at this point, or is it all banned people getting new accounts?

He'll before PUBG Valve' s own Counterstrike GO was high on the list for like 8 years. I used to joke to my Steam buddies that once everyone on Planet Earth had bought it Valve began selling it on other planets.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ghost of a Tale Released
12. Re: Ghost of a Tale Released Mar 19, 2018, 09:21 Prez

I watched a let's play of an alpha build of this game several months ago and afterwards I bought the Early Access version instantly. It was immediately evident how much love and care went into the creation of this from the very beginning. If this game doesn't charm the pants off of you in the first 5 minutes then you are a jaded crotchety soul who needs to get therapy. And the next time someone tells you that Unity is a garbage engine, show them this game. Unity is not the problem; the dickhead "developers" who want to make a quick buck with zero effort on Steam are the problem.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week
26. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Changes Next Week Mar 17, 2018, 06:52 Prez

Jesus Slick the extent to which you take your EA apologist role makes me sincerely hope you are an EA employee. At least that would make it understandable. If you aren't it really makes me sorry for you. To expect people to be grateful to EA for making their Star Wars game closer to something not a cynical predatory gambling simulator months after release is just utterly baffling.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

14097 Comments. 705 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo