Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13931 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Persistent-World Alien Shooter Plans
6. Re: Persistent-World Alien Shooter Plans Jan 18, 2018, 08:52 Prez

Persistent world horror is extremely hard to do well - overexposure to the thing or things that are supposed to be scary breeds familiarity that kills the tension and fear. Make no mistake - Alien is a HORROR franchise first, sci-fi second. It's a big reason why Alien Isolation was the best game in the franchise by a country mile - they got the horror right.

I don't have high hopes for this at all.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Trailer
4. Re: Underworld Ascendant Trailer Jan 17, 2018, 12:36 Prez

Hearing that Warren Spector is on a project doesn't have the effect of making me instantly excited the way it used to. Not since Deus Ex Invisible War.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Fable Return Rumor
2. Re: Fable Return Rumor Jan 17, 2018, 10:19 Prez

Well this time we can least be sure that the dev team won't be left staring aghast as Molyneux makes some utterly ludicrous promise that they can't possibly come close to delivering on.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2018, 03:07 Prez

Who knew I was so popular in the political space? I certainly will be assembling my campaign team to run for... something. AARP Bingo Night Treasurer perhaps?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > ESA Rebukes President Trump
200. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 16, 2018, 11:17 Prez

Glad to see the logical, nuanced, adult discussion that Bliesnews is known for is still a thing.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Democrats are just one vote shy of restoring net neutrality. Jan 16, 2018, 11:05 Prez

SlimRam wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 10:44:
This is a bit misleading.

They still need 1 more Repub senate vote to pass this, THEN they need the same bill to pass the House, THEN they have to get the Prez to sign it.... sooooooooo, yeah.

Don't worry about me - I'd sign it in a heartbeat.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Jan 16, 2018, 11:02 Prez

...On the PC top 30 Football Manager 2018 retains the number one spot, while Star Wars: Battlefront II plummets from number nine to number 19...

Hahaha - FUCK EA. Fuck 'em right up their stupid, greedy corporate asshole. How's that "player retention" going for you you cynical slimy fucks?? Hahahaha!!!

This message brought to you by the daily "FUCK EA" broadcasting network.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > ESA Rebukes President Trump
33. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 12:00 Prez

The fact that this garbage is littering my gaming news kinda pisses me off. It's not gaming news just because the ESA responded to something stupid someone said about immigration with a generic socially approved form letter. Fuck.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 11, 2018, 11:53 Prez

No Overwatch League Team Signed The Game's Most Notable Female Pro To Their Roster

I suspect that the reason for this is that no one wants to deal with the sexual misconduct allegations that would likely follow. It's unfortunate but given today's climate surrounding that issue everybody in the sex-starved male dominated gaming scene just would rather avoid it completely.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Previews
5. Re: I am disappoint Jan 10, 2018, 12:40 Prez

On the one hand, if you expect any alpha version of a game to be a 'turning point" of any kind as the Eurogamer writer said then you are being delusional. But he is 100% right in his pessimism about the games performance. If you are being knocked down from 60fps to 15fps as server load goes up (on a 50 player maximum server no less) that's pathetic at this stage. How in the universe is Star Citizen ever going to be remotely playable as an MMO if it tanks at less than 50?? Boggles the mind really.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Fan-Made Overwatch Map Catches Blizzard's Eye
9. Re: Fan-Made Overwatch Map Catches Blizzard's Eye Jan 8, 2018, 09:28 Prez

Starcraft 2 had amazing mods made for it. Just saying  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > CIG Responds to Crytek Lawsuit
18. Re: CIG Responds to Crytek Lawsuit Jan 8, 2018, 09:24 Prez

SlimRam wrote on Jan 7, 2018, 19:09:
At this point it's almost like a race to the bottom for these two companies; who will self-destruct first.

The difference being that one company is still taking in millions of dollars a month (inexplicably but it's still happening) while the other is basically out of revenue streams and has to resort to what looks to be a baseless lawsuit as a last ditch hail Mary to stay afloat. It's pretty obvious who is going to crash and burn first I think.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Overwatch Mercy and Junkrat Nerfs Inbound
15. Re: Overwatch Mercy and Junkrat Nerfs Inbound Jan 6, 2018, 07:04 Prez

NotOneOfUs wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 10:44:
Would they stop fucking killing Mercy?

Seriously - she is basically defenseless and if you are playing against a team with any competence whatsoever she is the number one target always. The only thing she can reliably do is heal and rez, and Blizzard can't get it right. By the rime Blizzard gets done she is going to be useless. It's frustrating as hell.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Apple Acquiring Netflix Speculation Heats Up. Jan 3, 2018, 18:23 Prez

I am not a huge fan of Apple (I actively avoid Apple products as a rule) but if turns out to be true I don't think there would be a huge change in Netflix. A company with the huge bank account that Apple has might even be able to ensure better streaming choices down the road, which would be great.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Nexon Cutting LawBreakers Losses; Blames PUBG
37. Re: Nexon Cutting LawBreaker Losses; Blames PUBG Jan 3, 2018, 18:16 Prez

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 17:11:
born2expire wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 16:58:
Cliffy B is the reason i refused to even try this game.
PUBG has sold over 26 million copies, but if CliffyB had been the name behind PUBG you know how many copies it would have sold, over 26 million.

Because PUBG has mass appeal and was primo streamer fodder which would render a dev's off-putting personality moot in regards to sales potential. Playerunknown is perceived to be by many (myself included) a loudmouth dickhead and it has not affected sales because the mass market at large does not concern itself with such things. Despite whatever delusions Blezinski had about his game's chances at mass appeal, Lawbreakers was never going to achieve such critical mass in the gaming space. Because of the type of game it is and what segment of customers it is geared towards Blezinski's reputation had a more tangible effect on Lawbreakers' sales. At least that's my take.

- Mahatma Gandhi

29. Re: Nexon Cutting LawBreaker Losses; Blames PUBG Jan 3, 2018, 15:17 Prez

Acleacius wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 14:59:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 13:11:
Beamer wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 11:41:
aka_STEVE wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 11:21:
...or blame it on the fact that your company aligned itself with Cliffy B ?
...and most PC users will never forget him.

I'd be shocked if even a fraction of PC users had a clue who he was, let alone what he did that pissed some off, let alone would "never forgive him."

Just a bunch of crotchety old men that complain about how much better everything was when they were teenagers while complaining about how much the devs that made the things they loved when they were teenagers are evil, stupid, or both.

....Nobody cares about Cliffy B and he's certainly not the reason why LawBreakers failed.....
Is there a name for "funny ironic contradictions"?

His infamy clearly played a part in word of mouth, at the very least.

It's odd that so many people don't get this. Lawbreakers wasn't aimed at the casual market the way Overwatch and the Battle Royale games that are currently all the rage are - it's success was largely hinging upon the buy-in of the hardcore PC gaming market. The very same one he's told to fuck off many times throughout his career. Of course Lawbreakers suffered because of his past indiscretions. That said, given the aforementioned major shortcomings surrounding Lawbreakers, it was never going to be a smash success. At best it was going to be a niche hardcore shooter darling similar to the first Tribes, but I have no doubt it failed to achieve even close to that because of who's project it was.

- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: Nexon Cutting LawBreaker Losses; Blames PUBG Jan 3, 2018, 13:09 Prez

While PUBG's insane (and to me, inexplicable - how the hell is such an ugly and mechanically terrible game so popular?) success probably hurt Lawbreakers somewhat, the core problem remains to be the fact that Lawbreakers was marketed terribly, was geared so heavily towards hardcore shooter veterans that it drove off the much larger market of less hardcore players, and that it's all around presentation is just dull as dishwater.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam's Best of 2017
1. Re: Steam's Best of 2017 Jan 1, 2018, 12:21 Prez

...here are the "Platinum" sellers by gross revenue, which interestingly includes Warframe, a free-to-play game...

Hey, fuckwits at EA, are you paying attention? Are you seeing how this works? If you're going to have a fucking free to fucking play economy in your fucking game maybe make it fucking free to fucking play? Novel concept I know. Oh, and of course, FUCK EA.

Don't mind me; just getting my daily obligatory Fuck EA out of the way. Nothing to see here; move along.

EDIT: And before someone points out that there are 2 free-to-play economy games on the list which are not free to play, yes I realize that. Don't bother me with logical counterpoints while I'm having a Fuck EA moment.

This comment was edited on Jan 1, 2018, 12:32.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > FCC Grants ESA CVAA Waiver Extension
5. Re: FCC Grants ESA CVAA Waiver Extension Dec 28, 2017, 09:26 Prez

I'm all for everyday quality of life activities like riding the bus, going to the grocery store, using the restroom, and using an atm having government-mandated accessibility requirements. But I can't get behind this being forced into the gaming industry which is a decidedly non-critical leisure activity. Personally I'd suggest the path that a lot of modern videogame reviewers take in giving shout-outs to developers for adding accessibility enhancements to their games as kind of a reward for good behavior. This should become a standard review item just like framerate and graphics in all reviews; it seems like a far less intrusive and draconian step than government mandates.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Gameplay Video
58. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Gameplay Video Dec 27, 2017, 08:14 Prez

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 14:41:
Prez wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 12:43:
What? You don't enjoy games the exact same way I do?!?! Sorry Creston I love ya man but now you're dead to me.

That's some special kind of love there man.

Hard to tell if you missed that it was sarcasm, or just riffing off my silly comment to Creston, but just in case, I was joking.

- Mahatma Gandhi

13931 Comments. 697 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo