Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13952 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
4. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 12, 2018, 09:08 Prez

It's astounding to me how people try so hard to fit literally every perceived wrong into their narrative regardless of how much mental gymnastics it takes. Big corporations never got away with screwing the average citizen before our current administration took office. Oh wait, yes they did. Like ALWAYS. Enron and WorldCom fucked up in so spectacular and public a fashion that there was no way to ignore the massive ramifications but on a smaller scale (like the Equifax hack and cover-up debacle) the public outrage dies down in a few weeks and with it any chance of accountability by those responsible.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 9, 2018, 14:54 Prez

Obviously YouTube's heart is not in this - Logan Paul and his ilk bring in too much money for YouTube. This is just them -still- trying to convince advertisers that they should stay on or return to YouTube. I guess they still hold out hope that one day YouTube will actually turn a profit. Which, as an aside, kind of shocks me. How does a company stay in business for so long while doing nothing but losing money? I didn't understand it when Amazon did it for years too. I guess I just don't have a head for business.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Reports Record Results
8. Re: Activision Blizzard Reports Record Results Feb 9, 2018, 10:15 Prez

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 9, 2018, 08:33:
Prez wrote on Feb 9, 2018, 05:56:
I can't shake the feeling with the inevitable government intervention to curb publishers' unchecked avarice with their exploitative and predatory gambling mechanics, this loot box bubble is going to burst sooner or later, and it's not going to be pretty.

Trump's government? There is too much money in it. So no. Its never gonna happen.

Trump's government? LOL. Presidents come and go - it's Congress who holds the legislative power here. And they of course operate without term limits. It's why the big publishers will lobby in Congress to retain the right to continue to exploit gamers with unregulated gambling in their games as several people here have already predicted. And let's be honest - 4 billion dollars is peanuts at the Federal Level. It's nothing. All anyone has to do is get a law curbing the big publishers' ability to run unregulated gambling attached to some over-arching massive bill that Trump would be willing to sign. This would go virtually unnoticed given the relatively tiny implications it has on the country as a whole. And it's free good PR.

At any rate, the U.S. Federal government isn't the only entity with the power (and I'd go so far as to say the obligation) to act on this. Several state governments have already indicated they intend to take action on this matter within their states. That's to say nothing of the many international governing entities who have already taken up the issue or will shorrly.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Reports Record Results
5. Re: Activision Blizzard Reports Record Results Feb 9, 2018, 05:56 Prez

I can't shake the feeling with the inevitable government intervention to curb publishers' unchecked avarice with their exploitative and predatory gambling mechanics, this loot box bubble is going to burst sooner or later, and it's not going to be pretty.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 8, 2018, 12:47 Prez

Hey, old Jack is back! And still preying on the vulnerabilities of victims...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dawn of War 3 Sets
8. Re: Dawn of War 3 Sets Feb 8, 2018, 12:39 Prez

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 10:51:
How about going back to the Dark Crusade game mechanics and expand them. Instead of just one world, we go from world to world.

I hated what they did with DoW 2 and 3. I wonder how well DoW 1 and DoW:DC sold in comparison to 2 and 3.

Yeah, chasing trends rather than setting out to make a good game that you actually want to make doesn't usually yield good results. I liked DoW2 (never tried 3) well enough but I too would have preferred they had stuck with and improved upon the foundation set forth in Dark Crusade.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Scrolls Ending Next Week
10. Re: Scrolls Ending Next Week Feb 8, 2018, 12:34 Prez

I forgot this was still a thing. The last time I even thought about it was back when Bethesda thought they could bully Mojang over use of the name "Scrolls". It's one thing to bully an indie developer on a shoestring budget; it's another thing entirely to try to bully a couple of guus worth more money than God who can afford a legal team as good as any fuckwit major publisher.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Close Combat Storms GOG.com
1. Re: Close Combat Storms GOG.com Feb 6, 2018, 15:19 Prez

Loved me some "A Bridge Too Far" back in the day. What a game!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > EA versus Battlefield 1 Cheaters
5. Re: EA versus Battlefield 1 Cheaters Feb 6, 2018, 12:08 Prez

necrosis wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 10:45:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 10:26:
A common misconception regarding FairFight is that higher skilled players are more likely to get sanctioned due to their improved match stats. This is not correct; it is not possible to be banned simply for being skilled.
But the cheaters will scream that is what's happening. I would rather see 1 false positive for every 100 cheaters caught than let 10 cheating bitches slip through the net.
Glad you dont run our judicial system.

I would imagine that DICE has a way of verifying actual cheating is going on as opposed to someone being called a cheater because they are so skilled that they are dominating in a round. From what I've seen in Overwatch the cheaters are very obviously cheating in ways that have nothing to do with skill.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2018, 14:28 Prez

I can't say I'm unbiased as a Giants fan ( but it helps that the G-men pulled out amazing victories in their last 2 Super Bowl meetings with the Pats) but it is hard to deny that an inordinate amount of calls go in the Patriots' favor. I don't chalk it up to any grand NFL-wide conspiracy; rather to the Pat's league darling status that inevitably has an affect on the officials. That's the way I see it anyway.

My Jets on the other hand clearly had a game stolen from them this season and handed to the Pats by the officials

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse-Cloverfield Feb 5, 2018, 12:26 Prez

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 5, 2018, 12:20:
Cloverfield Paradox
I'm going to watch it but I don't expect much...

As one of those weirdos who LOVED Cloverfield and thought the John Goodman tie-in was brilliant I am beyond excited to watch this when I get off work tonight.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2018, 10:41 Prez

Hooray SPORTS! Hooray for lack of defense!

I thought the Danny Devito M&M's commercial was cute. The Tide ones were weird but ultimately entertaining.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Rumor
7. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Rumor Feb 5, 2018, 09:25 Prez

Slick wrote on Feb 4, 2018, 19:46:
The last BO game had the worst lootboxes I've ever seen, so strange that they didn't get the hate they deserved.

The ONLY way to get the best guns in the game that gave you a SIGNIFICANT advantage in multiplayer was to get them through special loot crates. You had a random chance to earn one at the end of a round, but I played that game for about 150 hours and got exactly ZERO of them. I was not alone according to player reports. I bought the DLC and was awarded one of these crates, that had a gun that killed about 50% faster than anything earnable through normal progression.

I had the option of paying like $80 to get more chances to get these special gun crates.

Having game-progression tied to paid loot crates is divisive enough, but AT LEAST you'd think that it would be possible to get the same gear by just playing the game. 150 hours and zilch.

Fuck that.

Not being much of a CoD player (when I do play them it's in single player only) I wasn't aware of just how sleazy it was done in this game. It seems that Overwatch brought loot boxes into the mainstream awareness and companies like EA, 2K, and Warner Bros sleazed it up to epic levels. I never thought the day would come when I'd actually be hoping for government intervention into the gaming industry but these sleazefuck companies will happily keep pushing this predatory, exploitative shit into their games until they are made to stop by law. Fuck these soulless, shameless, greedy fucksticks who brought us to this point. And a special FUCK YOU to Valve for thinking their hands are clean in all this because they are just far enough removed from the equation that led to situations like Trevor Martin and those Syndicate fucktwins whose lies and deception have exploited millions out of the gullible and the addicted through their sleazy CS:GO skin gambling sites.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Jess Cliffe Arrest Details
41. Re: Jess Cliffe Arrest Details Feb 4, 2018, 07:01 Prez

I think the worst part for him will be losing his job at Valve, which means he'll probably end up somewhere he has to actually work for a living. It will provably be a hellish place with awkward things like actual command structure, customer service, and quality control; he may even occasionally have to produce something of actual value. Poor guy.

On the serious side in my view this guy's actions in this case do not paint him as a pedophile at all. At worst a perv or a creep. Knowing how old kids can make themselves look nowadays (I've been getting my daughter into 18+ metal shows since she was 14 without any trouble) a harsh sentence in this case would be ludicrous.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released
5. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released Feb 2, 2018, 08:53 Prez

I completely ignored 12 back in the day since it seemed Square was only interested in making the Final Fantasy series yet another mediocre cookie-cutter MMO franchise after 11 dropped. I'm glad this re-release brought it to my attention. Definitely going to grab it off GMG this weekend.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Avernum 3: Ruined World Released
1. Re: Avernum 3: Ruined World Released Feb 1, 2018, 20:31 Prez

The Avernum games are as good as they are ugly. Massive, sprawling and immersive RPG's with excellent stories is what Spiderweb does. Just look past the ugliness and you'll get lost for weeks.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > GDC Pulls Bushnell's Pioneer Award
13. Re: GDC Pulls Bushnell's Pioneer Award Feb 1, 2018, 11:44 Prez

Verno wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 08:58:
Ridiculous and petty, just trying to score some feelgood backslapper PR.

Yep. GDC took the coward's way out instead of taking a stand against socially-mandated idiocy.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Time Warner Financials
1. Re: Time Warner Financials Feb 1, 2018, 11:38 Prez

Games revenues were partially offset by lower theatrical revenues? Oh no! Hurry WB - you need to get predatory, exploitative gambling mechanics incorporated into your movie-warching experiences pronto!!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > GDC Reconsidering Bushnell Award After Backlash
3. Re: GDC Reconsidering Bushnell Award After Backlash Jan 31, 2018, 11:08 Prez

It just gets stupider and stupider.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Anthem Delayed for New Battlefield Game in October
6. Re: Anthem Delayed for New Battlefield Game in October Jan 31, 2018, 06:50 Prez

What happened to the firm release date excuse that you lying fucktards trotted out when you sent Titanfall 2 out to die in the week between Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty? Are you that fucking stupid and incompetent or can you just not help lying your greedy corporate ass off? Once again, FUCK EA.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

13952 Comments. 698 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo