Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 14082 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation May 8, 2018, 11:53 Prez

Good show Nintendo. 20 free games is a good deal better than the one borrowed ROM per month they announced at the Switch reveal.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts May 8, 2018, 11:44 Prez

I have to admit that the PS4 is looking like a really good prospect these days. Not many great singleplayer games get made for PC anymore. God of War looks great, Horizon Zero Dawn looked great last year, and I've been itching to play The Last of Us and the Yakuza series for a while now. We don't get many games like these on PC anymore - everything is a "live service" focused on "player retention" and monetization schemes. It's kinda depressing.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Turns 20
2. Re: Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Turns 20 May 7, 2018, 13:05 Prez

Jazz Jackrabbit flew under my radar back in the day, but Unreal on the other hand... I bought an IBM Aptiva with a 3DFX Voodoo just to play it. It looked incredible at the time.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Vampyr Trailer
3. Re: Vampyr Trailer May 3, 2018, 14:12 Prez

I haven't allowed myself much exposure to any pre-release stuff on this game. I'm totally down for a Vampire-themed action rpg; I want to just imagine that this will be a modern update of Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines for as long as I can.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Destiny 2 Activision's Largest PC Launch
19. Re: Destiny 2 Activision's Largest PC Launch May 2, 2018, 21:06 Prez

Yeah, no I didn't mention the context in which the statement was made at all. I only referenced what was said specifically about the sales on PC. Why it was said or to whom is irrelevant. Still don't know what your point in posting the melarchy about proxy statements and such... It has zero bearing on what anyone said.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Destiny 2 Activision's Largest PC Launch
4. Re: Destiny 2 Activision's Largest PC Launch May 2, 2018, 12:42 Prez

It had a strong PC launch because a lot of PC gamers like myself looked at the first Destiny and liked what we saw (once it was actually finished anyway) and were thrilled to see the sequel getting a PC release. Speaking only for myself I assumed that Destiny 2 at launch would be at least as good as Destiny ended up after lots of updates. And initially it seemed that way - the core mechanics were very solid and the graphics were great. The story was good enough at least, and the voice acting was good. But instead of growing the game in the manner that the original Destiny was improved over time, Activision/Bungie opted to focus on monetization to the detriment of everything else. So fuck 'em. I'm done with Activision and Bungie. And with every other fuckwit publisher who prioritizes financial gain over real gameplay content and improvements.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc., etc.
13. Re: etc., etc. May 2, 2018, 09:28 Prez

I have always had a love-hate relationship with John Bain. His passion for gaming has always been admirable, and when he behaved with class he was a fantastic asset to the industry. When he's let his arrogance and condescending nature get the best of him, though, I couldn't turn him off fast enough. All that said, love him or hate him as a critic, he deserves nothing but respect for the way he has handled what was clear was a death sentence for the last 4 years since he announced his illness. He clearly loves his wife and best friend, Jenna, and though he rarely got mentioned, there's no doubt he thought the world of his young son as well. His suffering will be over soon, but theirs will linger on for a long while, and I feel terrible for all of them. FUCK CANCER.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Flight Sim World to be Grounded
9. Re: Flight Sim World to be Grounded Apr 30, 2018, 10:35 Prez

MacLeod wrote on Apr 29, 2018, 15:50:
Maybe having $230 worth of DLC while the game is still not complete could be part of the reason you didn't get an audience...

As a rule I'd agree with you, however detailed sims are a unique animal. Each aircraft is exhautively modelled in meticulous detail to the point each one is essentially a full product unto itself. This is common in the flight simulation genre. Anyone who ever played Falcon 4.0 knows what I'm talking about.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Comments on Steam User Reviews Disabled by Default
12. Re: Comments on Steam User Reviews Disabled by Default Apr 26, 2018, 12:19 Prez

This is unfortunate if it applies to developer responses to reviews as well. Quite a few devs address the points raised in negative reviews (and even positive ones). I think it's helpful both to the devs and the customers that this dialog happens. Hopefully this only affects other steam users' ability to comment.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 25, 2018, 10:53 Prez

Kind of a dick move by Microsoft, but well within their legal rights, and some would even say obligation.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Warcraft III Job Listing
2. Re: Warcraft III Job Listing Apr 25, 2018, 10:47 Prez

A Warcraft 3 remaster is probably as much attention the RTS series is ever going to get from Blizzard sadly. Warcraft 4 will ship when Half-Life 3 does.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > DARK SOULS REMASTERED Discount for Owners of Prepare to Die Edition
5. Re: DARK SOULS REMASTERED Discount for Owners of Prepare to Die Edition Apr 25, 2018, 09:15 Prez

Finally I can play Dark Souls (terribly) without having to add config fixes to make it look and run decently. I will truly be prepared to die. Over and over. And over. And over.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Frostpunk Released
20. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 18:13 Prez

Cutter wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 16:25:
Peter M. Smith wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:30:
Cutter wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:26:
You say that like people should know who they are. Those names mean nothing to me.

YouTube has a search feature. Use it and educate yourself.

If you have no life that's your problem. The rest of us generally consider our time too valuable to be wasting it finding and listening to what Youtube "celebrities" think about anything. Ergo, their names mean nothing to people with a life.

Let's Play's are about seeing the game in action, not the youtuber. I don't generally care about YouTube personalities either. Really if you just search the game name you'll probably find a bunch of vids showing the gameplay. Hell, half the time I don't even know the name of the streamer nor care to; I'm just there to see the gameplay.

- Mahatma Gandhi

15. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 14:43 Prez

Bill Borre wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 14:11:
It was our hope...That pushed us on...

Am I the only one who is annoyed by dramatic pauses that make no sense in context?

Probably.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers
60. Re: Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers Apr 24, 2018, 14:41 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:39:
Beamer wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:08:
dsmart wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 11:05:
Kosumo wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 21:10:
D Wrecker is in the house! Ok, lets all go out side now Smug

Nice to see the gang's all here. In truth, though I still read Blues, I just don't join in discussions any more because it tends to devolve into a frigging inconsequential circle-jerk. Who needs that shit, when there's Reddit?

Take for instance my recent post below after many months. I only came here because a Twitter follower sent me this comment in the thread, asking for clarification (it's rubbish). But the minute I post, the completely predictable response is that it automatically became about me, rather than the subject. And yet some wonder why I reacted the way I did. Fuck 'em. Life's too short, and I'm all out of rope.

Takes a self-certified genius with a phd he's never defended to see that jdreyer was being entirely facetious and mocking how every dev/pub is looking to add a Battle Royale mode. We all appreciate you letting us know it was rubbish.

Huh, since no one had responded in thread, I thought that joke had fallen pretty flat actually.

I got a chuckle out of it. I'm just too old to go around posting "LOL" on everything I find funny on the internet.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers
57. Re: Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers Apr 24, 2018, 12:59 Prez

In truth Roberts can at any time throw whatever he has got out into the market, say "It's finished -here you go!" and basically have met his obligation to backers. I mean the class action against Gearbox for the Colonial Marines debacle went nowhere despite the shocking number of blatant lies surrounding the whole project, and then there's No Man's Sky...

At this point, so many people are so invested in Star Citizen's utter failure that the game can actually end up shipping and being pretty good (Not an outcome that I consider likely but you never know...) yet it will always be viewed as a failure. Me, I'm keeping my expectations low (which is to say, I expect a MAJOR flop) but secretly dream of a future where SC ships and is awesome.

- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 10:50 Prez

These guys are really into dark depressing themes. Looks fantastic though.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Swords of Ditto Trailer
3. Re: The Swords of Ditto Trailer Apr 24, 2018, 10:16 Prez

Personally anything from Devolver Digital gets my money. I believe in rewarding good devs and publishers.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Destiny 2 Warmind Details Tomorrow
5. Re: Destiny 2 Warmind Details Tomorrow Apr 24, 2018, 10:13 Prez

HoSpanky wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 10:11:
My wife bought me this for Christmas. I just actually started playing it a couple days ago. I played they the original Destiny, didn’t buy any dlc, didn’t bother with the raids beyond a couple basic runs.

I’m assuming this will be fun thru the campaign and then I’ll be done with it. The framerate is buttery smooth, the game looks gorgeous, and the gunplay feels solid. That’s really all I expect of it.

All that is true. After the campaign is over the end game sucks.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Destiny 2 Warmind Details Tomorrow
2. Re: Destiny 2 Warmind Details Tomorrow Apr 24, 2018, 06:33 Prez

The conga line of bad PR this game has gotten is kind of asrounding. Personally I liked the gameplay well enough; it was the blatant cash-grabbing cynicism that turned me off. I wonder how many people will watch the stream.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

14082 Comments. 705 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo