Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 14029 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Frostpunk Released
15. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 14:43 Prez

Bill Borre wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 14:11:
It was our hope...That pushed us on...

Am I the only one who is annoyed by dramatic pauses that make no sense in context?

Probably.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers
60. Re: Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers Apr 24, 2018, 14:41 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:39:
Beamer wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 13:08:
dsmart wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 11:05:
Kosumo wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 21:10:
D Wrecker is in the house! Ok, lets all go out side now Smug

Nice to see the gang's all here. In truth, though I still read Blues, I just don't join in discussions any more because it tends to devolve into a frigging inconsequential circle-jerk. Who needs that shit, when there's Reddit?

Take for instance my recent post below after many months. I only came here because a Twitter follower sent me this comment in the thread, asking for clarification (it's rubbish). But the minute I post, the completely predictable response is that it automatically became about me, rather than the subject. And yet some wonder why I reacted the way I did. Fuck 'em. Life's too short, and I'm all out of rope.

Takes a self-certified genius with a phd he's never defended to see that jdreyer was being entirely facetious and mocking how every dev/pub is looking to add a Battle Royale mode. We all appreciate you letting us know it was rubbish.

Huh, since no one had responded in thread, I thought that joke had fallen pretty flat actually.

I got a chuckle out of it. I'm just too old to go around posting "LOL" on everything I find funny on the internet.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers
57. Re: Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers Apr 24, 2018, 12:59 Prez

In truth Roberts can at any time throw whatever he has got out into the market, say "It's finished -here you go!" and basically have met his obligation to backers. I mean the class action against Gearbox for the Colonial Marines debacle went nowhere despite the shocking number of blatant lies surrounding the whole project, and then there's No Man's Sky...

At this point, so many people are so invested in Star Citizen's utter failure that the game can actually end up shipping and being pretty good (Not an outcome that I consider likely but you never know...) yet it will always be viewed as a failure. Me, I'm keeping my expectations low (which is to say, I expect a MAJOR flop) but secretly dream of a future where SC ships and is awesome.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Frostpunk Released
1. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 10:50 Prez

These guys are really into dark depressing themes. Looks fantastic though.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Swords of Ditto Trailer
3. Re: The Swords of Ditto Trailer Apr 24, 2018, 10:16 Prez

Personally anything from Devolver Digital gets my money. I believe in rewarding good devs and publishers.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Destiny 2 Warmind Details Tomorrow
5. Re: Destiny 2 Warmind Details Tomorrow Apr 24, 2018, 10:13 Prez

HoSpanky wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 10:11:
My wife bought me this for Christmas. I just actually started playing it a couple days ago. I played they the original Destiny, didn’t buy any dlc, didn’t bother with the raids beyond a couple basic runs.

I’m assuming this will be fun thru the campaign and then I’ll be done with it. The framerate is buttery smooth, the game looks gorgeous, and the gunplay feels solid. That’s really all I expect of it.

All that is true. After the campaign is over the end game sucks.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Destiny 2 Warmind Details Tomorrow
2. Re: Destiny 2 Warmind Details Tomorrow Apr 24, 2018, 06:33 Prez

The conga line of bad PR this game has gotten is kind of asrounding. Personally I liked the gameplay well enough; it was the blatant cash-grabbing cynicism that turned me off. I wonder how many people will watch the stream.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > PUBG Weapon Balance Plans
5. Re: PUBG Weapon Balance Plans Apr 23, 2018, 12:32 Prez

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 10:49:
My last game I hit a guy point blank in the head with a sawed off shotgun, somehow he survived it with his level 3 helmet and killed me. Looking forward to this change.

So these magical Level 3 helmets will henceforth only be available in "care packages". Anyone want to fill me in on what "care packages" are?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Overload Next Month
1. Re: Overload Next Month Apr 23, 2018, 11:57 Prez

Ironic that this new game, an homage to the seminal "Descent" series, has a VR mode considering the original Descent is widely regarded as the original vomit simulator.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Valve Acquires Campo Santo
30. Re: Valve Acquires Campo Santo Apr 23, 2018, 09:47 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 17:46:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 17:28:
I also don't get what Valve has to gain from this. Firewatch was a pretty good walking simulator. Not the best, but it had more gameplay than most. I can't wait for their next game though, it looks like such a rich idea.

What would you consider the pinnacle of the genre? Edith Finch?

Honestly The Stanley Parable is still my favorite, but What Remains of Edith Finch is outstanding.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 22, 2018, 15:08 Prez

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 11:10:
Prez wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 09:35:
There's no demonstrable evidence that a pirated stolen copy is a lost sale ..
Just like there is no source for your statement, even common sense says otherwise.

The lack of proof is all the source I need. There is none. "Common sense" is not evidence. I do, however, have anecdotal evidence that Let's Play's can produce sales, as I have bought games after watching a Let's Play that I otherwise would have had no interest in. And as to Beamer's point about puzzle and adventure games, I will watch a Let's Play for a puzzle or asventure game that I've already bought if I am stuck on a puzzle or want to see if there were other solutions. I did this with "The Sexy Brutale" after I bought it. Fantastic game btw - highly recommended.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 2018, 15:24.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 22, 2018, 09:35 Prez

Let's Play's are the new piracy scapegoat. There's no demonstrable evidence that a pirated copy (or a watched stream) is a lost sale but this is an easy excuse for developers to fall back on.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed
8. Re: Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Revealed Apr 19, 2018, 15:00 Prez

The first and second encounter ones are still the best. I'm not sure if you can nail the genuine feel of a Serious Sam game with an open world format. Hopefully they do it right.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ys VIII Fix Plans
2. Re: Ys VIII Fix Plans Apr 17, 2018, 12:51 Prez

Creston wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 12:13:

Fuck you.

I believe that is NIS America's exact message to fans of the series.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Boss Key Accuses Epic of Poaching
24. Re: Boss Key Accuses Epic of Poaching Apr 17, 2018, 12:34 Prez

I've seen Unity asset-laden shovelware Steam games that look better than Radical Heights did in the Let's Play I watched last night. I actually feel pity for Blezinski that this is what his career has come to. It's honestly sad. The sheer 'me too' desperation of his last 2 projects makes me feel embarraised for him. Epic isnt poaching talent, they are rescuing it from Blezinski's rapidly sinking ship.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2018, 13:03 Prez

Sony's Santa Monica Studios did something with "God of War" that's never been done before in a video game: It's made a complete video game that takes place in one continuous shot, in real time, with no loading screens at all.

The original Dungeon Siege did that in 2002.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > New Sea of Thieves Content Next Month
1. Re: New Sea of Thieves Content Next Month Apr 13, 2018, 21:26 Prez

That's more like it. I was shocked at their response to the outcry from unhappy customers - basically that there was a plan to soon have a plan - indicating that at least someone at Rare (or maybe Microsoft?) genuinely thought the game was fine as is at launch and were surprised at the discontent, which is simply astounding.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Apr 13, 2018, 21:19 Prez

I was at work on my phone when I wrote my original post, so linking was a bit beyond my capacity. Basically I just googled "South Korean feminist group Megalia". I checked out a lot of the first and even some second page hits and amongst them I found some pretty alarming stuff. One page involved graphic pictures of mangled penises. There was a lot of basic feminism, but also a lot of genuine misandry being promoted. The word "radical" when describing feminists gets thrown around a lot (too much really and no, Anita Sarkeesian is not what I'd consider a radical feminist) but in the case of Megalia I think it genuinely applies.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 13, 2018, 16:45 Prez

I read the article on the South Korean "witch hunt" and was immediately shocked at what appeared to be a cut and dry case of institutionalized misogyny. However, being the curious fellow that I am, I looked up the group the women who were fired were said to have been supporting - "Megalia". Wow - given what I learned about that group I'm inclined to say those women might have deserved to be fired. It's dismaying that the article didn't bother to fill readers in on what the group the sunjects of the artocle seem to support espouses. It's possible that a lot of it is satire - I can't really tell to be honest.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Conan Exiles Trailer Celebrates Next Month's Launch
8. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Celebrates Next Month's Launch Apr 13, 2018, 16:29 Prez

Yeah that trailer does make it look pretty awesome.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

14029 Comments. 702 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo