Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13530 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
22. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 10:53 Prez

yuastnav wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 10:49:

Shadow Warrior 2 is a whole different beast to me. TB criticised it because of the whole "looter shooter" thing which is ridiculous to me because I never looked at this game this way. The shooting feels tremendously satisfying, the maps are great and the movement is so much fun. You can be so fast in this game.

Total Biscuit likes straight run and gun. I saw his critique of Shadow Warrior 2 and everything he listed as a negative for him basically sold the game to me. I picked it up on sale and I am going to install it soon.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
27. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 23, 2016, 16:53 Prez

"...The way Trump sees it, H-1B visas amount to a loophole that allows employers to keep wages down.

And he’s not altogether wrong. Studies have found that the majority of H-1B visas are going to a handful of India-based IT outsourcing firms, such as Tata Consultancy Service and Infosys, that flood the program with applications. That makes their applicants more likely to win the visa lottery, meaning Tata and Infosys, which place these workers in jobs, are more likely to profit. One particularly startling statistic: In 2014, 20 companies—including the likes of IBM and Google—were awarded more than 32,000 visas to bring in foreign workers, despite the fact that 10,000 companies applied. While companies like Google and Apple tend to pay these workers fair market rates, many of the outsourcing firms amassing these visas do not.

For every H-1B holder worried about what will happen if Trump slashes the program, there’s another worker worried about what will happen if he doesn’t.
“The vast majority of H-1B workers are brought in because they are cheaper than Americans, not because they hold any specialized skills,” says Ronil Hira, an Economic Policy Institute researcher and associate professor of public policy at Howard University."

I'm as concerned as anyone about the next four years now that this clown is in the White House, but this quoted section does illustrate that what has been going on has, at least in some part, in fact been harmful to American workers and unfair to foreign workers.

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2016, 17:03.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun Demo
3. Re: Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun Demo Nov 22, 2016, 19:50 Prez

This looks like Commandos with ninjas. I remember the Commandos games being tough as shoe leather but fun.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game
17. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game Nov 22, 2016, 17:50 Prez

Whatever it is we won't know for years since they are just now assembling a team to build the engine. May as well forget about it for a good long while.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Division Expansion Testing Details
2. Re: The Division Expansion Testing Details Nov 8, 2016, 19:30 Prez

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 18:20:
So what I'm seeing around on forums is that they fixed the problems with this game with balance patches.

The game is much improved with the 1.4 update. I'm looking forward to this expansion.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 Videos
2. Re: Resident Evil 7 Videos Nov 8, 2016, 10:55 Prez

More like RE4 and less like RE6 please.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Win10 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Refund Over Player Counts?
2. Re: Win10 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Refund Over Player Counts? Nov 8, 2016, 10:52 Prez

I completely get why there's no cross play between Xbox and PC (m+k players just have too much advantage over controller users), but between Windows 10 and Windows 7/8 users? Why in the wide wide world of sports is that even considered "cross platform"???????? A PC is a PC!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 8, 2016, 08:50 Prez

Cutter wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 20:53:
This is a major issue, right? After all, our economies are based entirely on conspicuous consumption. So if estimates are correct that AI and robots can replace the vast majority of the workforce than what drives the economy? A universal guaranteed income is the bare minimum. Certainly not what would keep our lifestyle - as we're accustomed to it - happily chugging along. Short of having matter replicators a la Star Trek that eliminates the need for a consumption based economy this will likely end very badly, i.e. WWIII. Well, as the Chinese curse goes, may you live in interesting times.

There will always be someone who has to work on the machines that do the work though. Luckily I'm in that line of work now so I should be safe.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Redesign
14. Re: Steam Redesign Nov 8, 2016, 08:46 Prez

MacLeod wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 08:14:
But i still can't change my account name from my old email address that I don't use any more.

It used to be the case that in order to do that you had to contact Steam support. I don't envy you; Steam support sucks.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Redesign
1. Re: Steam Redesign Nov 7, 2016, 20:40 Prez

It looks slick, but I need to dive in deeper to see if it's actually an improvement.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 7, 2016, 20:07 Prez

Drayth wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 13:32:
FYI - I have the latest drivers with no Geforce Experience and I don't see any of the telemetry stuff running.

EDIT - NM, I had 375.63, 375.70 DOES include the Telemetry with a driver + PhysX only install.

For what it's worth...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > SAG-AFTRA on Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
8. Re: SAG-AFTRA on Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Nov 5, 2016, 21:56 Prez

From what I've been hearing there are a whole bunch of quality voice actors who aren't in the union. Can anyone verify this? If true it would seem that companies could just hire outside of the union, which would kind of take the teeth out of the union, wouldn't it? Also, I would think that if jobs were so hard to come by isn't it likely a union member would cross the picket line to take a job if offered?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Beholder Next Week
10. Re: Beholder Next Week Nov 5, 2016, 18:36 Prez

ledhead1969 wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 18:30:
Prez wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 15:58:
It's a Trump presidency simulator!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

A closer analogy would be a Hillary presidency. I forgive your partisan viewpoint as you must be one of Hill's uninformed and complacent sheep.

People seem to forget that Trump and his followers are now the revolutionaries. It isn't 1968 people. Republicans, Trump, anyone who doesn't tow the liberal party line are now anarchists, counter-culture, outside the main stream. It is Hillary who must crush that dissent and have her followers inform on it.

(queue The More You Know)

Actually I despise Hillary, Trump, and this whole election. I'm not voting. I don't care who wins - things are going to shit regardless.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Beholder Next Week
5. Re: Beholder Next Week Nov 5, 2016, 15:58 Prez

It's a Trump presidency simulator!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Release Date and Preorder Beta
4. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Release Date and Preorder Beta Nov 4, 2016, 21:47 Prez

This looks extremely promising and I am very excited for it. Still, I'm definitely waiting until release to check reviews first.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered
6. Re: No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered Nov 4, 2016, 11:41 Prez

Ah Microsoft. You guys are so funny!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend
6. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend Nov 4, 2016, 05:26 Prez

Just happened to install this and start playing this game this week. I really like it. It is Left 4 Dead in the Warhammer fantasy universe with loot, which I love. I am having a great time with it. I have had very good experiences with the random groups I've joined; everyone seems to work together for the most part.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2016, 01:02 Prez

What a great game! Congrats Chicago!!!! And congrats to Cleveland too.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Season Pass Details
7. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Season Pass Details Nov 2, 2016, 21:44 Prez

People REALLY need to stop buying these Season Passes. It's showing incredible faith in companies who have done nothing to earn such faith; quite the opposite really.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 2, 2016, 21:39 Prez

That New York Times article is pretty depressing.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

13530 Comments. 677 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo