Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13809 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG
42. Re: MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG Jan 30, 2018, 09:31 Prez

Isn't about time for Microsoft to announce that it is re-committing tp PC gamimg again? For like the 50th time?

EDIT: After writing the above I started thinking about a time when Microsoft was actually committed to PC gamimg. Mechwarrior, Close Combat, Age of Empires, Combat Flight Simulator, Midtown Madbess, Mechcommander, Crimson Skies, Rise of Nations, Starlancer, Freelancer... holy SHIT I spent a lot of hours playing Microsoft first party games.

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 2018, 09:43.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG
34. Re: MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG Jan 30, 2018, 02:58 Prez

If it's exclusive games Microsoft wants, the idea that Valve is on the list is laughable. Is there a company in the industry that has less interest in making games than Valve? Personally I doubt it.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Are "Let's Play" Streams Legal?
36. Re: Are Jan 29, 2018, 12:53 Prez

From what I have seen, fundamentally there's an ethical side, a legal side, and a practical side to this debate. Legally seems pretty cut and dry - if the rights holder says it's infringement, then it's infringement. At least until some "let's player" takes the issue to court and precedent to the contrary is established. Ethically I find that as a let's player you basically adhere to the wishes of the creators of the content you are streaming. Devolver Digital is extremely streamer friendly while Nintendo is extremely adversarial to streamers (unless you sign up for their partner program). In general, in my view treat the issue as an ethical one and stream games from those developers who encourage it and avoid streaming games from devs who routinely DMCA streamed content.

As for the practical aspect, consider: Ubisoft paid tons of streamers a lot of money to play For Honor through its beta and early launch and the game sold like hotcakes. As streamers (or their viewers) lost interest, so did the games player base decline in kind. It's pretty easy to correlate high streaming activity of a game to healthy sales and continued sustained player engagement of the game. I don't really think it matters much if it's a multiplayer game like PUBG or Overwatch or a single player narrative driven game. Logic suggests that it should but from what I've seen the numbers don't bare that out. Using Persona 5 as an example, which is an extremely story-driven game, even as Atlus threatened streamers with DMCA's over spoilers and the internet response (not unexpectedly) was to make it a point to stream spoilers all over the place en masse, sales of Persona 5 went through the roof.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > CIG Responds to Crytek
27. Re: CIG Responds to Crytek Jan 29, 2018, 09:33 Prez

I watch Leonard French to get a better legal understanding of what both sides are claiming; I don't see that as useless at all. Of course it helps to remember that just because someone SHOULD win a case or a ruling doesn't mean they will in court because there are always too many moving parts in a legal proceeding to be able to consistently predict outcomes. After all, Leonard's own filing on behalf of Imagos Software for dismissal of Alex Mauers late (and therefore technically legally inadmissible) response to their lawsuit against him wasn't granted despite being legally flawless and backed by tons of precedent. You just never know.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Paragon Closing in April; Refunds Offered
19. Re: Paragon Closing in April; Refunds Offered Jan 28, 2018, 09:06 Prez

Creston wrote on Jan 27, 2018, 13:21:
It's a class move to offer refunds to everyone that bought it. That's incredible. Kudos, Epic. Thumbsup

Agreed. I'm even going to refrain from throwing out my usual "This is why server side multiplayer only games are stupid" rant. Though I just kinda did it. Woops.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jan 25, 2018, 11:56 Prez

Of course Pacific Rim was dumb. And obviously the sequel is going to be dumb. It's all giant robot action-filled campy, big dumb fun with laughable dialog, bad acting, threadbare plot and lots of over-the-top sci-fi tropiness. And it's awesome. Fuck yeah I'm stoked for Pacific Rim 2.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2018, 20:20 Prez

Seeiously? Not one "I'd buy that for a dollar!!!" comment?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > John Cena to Star in Duke Nukem Movie?
30. Re: John Cena to Star in Duke Nukem Movie? Jan 24, 2018, 20:15 Prez

KilrathiAce wrote on Jan 23, 2018, 18:21:
A movie thats 20 years too late.

That was my first thought too. But then someone else mentioned the Ash/Evil Dead series, and it occurred to me that if those movies hold up in the campy comedic style in the way that they do today, couldn't a well-done Duke Nukem cheese-fest work just as well? I'm going to wait and see.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Loot Crate Plans
17. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Loot Crate Plans Jan 24, 2018, 18:40 Prez

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 15:10:
Really? I understand the hate when it gives a player an advantage over another player but they did it right.

1)Cosmetic.
2)No Duplicate items.

It's never not bullshit to put predatory gambling mechanics in your game in my opinion, regardless if it's pay to win or not.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Loot Crate Plans
6. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Loot Crate Plans Jan 24, 2018, 13:23 Prez

This bullshit needs to be regulated as of fucking yesterday. Fuck these greedy ass publishers.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > SOS Early Access
7. Re: SOS Early Access Jan 24, 2018, 09:23 Prez

If the Battle Royale genre (and no, Playerunknown, you did not invent it) is the same short-lived fad that hero shooters were don't expect anything new and exciting down the road. It's pretty much all generic copycat drek from here on in. IF it goes the way of the Hero Shooter genre anyway...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 23, 2018, 15:49 Prez

Hehe they need to name it the "married guy" glitch. Cuz with an empty bank account is how we all end up.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Beta This Week
14. Re: Sea of Thieves Beta This Week Jan 23, 2018, 08:06 Prez

Jerykk wrote on Jan 23, 2018, 05:07:
ItBurn wrote on Jan 22, 2018, 15:51:
HoSpanky wrote on Jan 22, 2018, 15:31:
It's Win10 because it's crossplay compatible with Xbone games. Every game done that way is Windows Store Only. I'm not a fan of the Windows Store, but it DOES mean I can play Forza Horizon 3 on my PC. You have to consider it that way, instead of "do it my way or not at all". Because then you wouldn't even have the option. These games would be Xbone-only, MS has exclusivity rights.

I'd prefer to have all my games in one store, but that just isn't possible right now.

I don't care if the game is XBox only. I don't care if there's no Windows version of a good game. There's tons of other good games to play and I'll play those instead. I'm happy to vote with my money and tell Microsoft that I don't want their BS.

Voting with your wallet is fine but that doesn't mean that MS games shouldn't be on PC. Yes, the Windows Store sucks but I'd rather have options than no options.

And exactly no one is trying to keep others from having options. Those of us who avoid Windows 10 exclusives are not hurting anyone. I for one will not help Microsoft along in their venture towards establishing a walled garden environment on PC. No one is stopping anyone else from buying their games.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Beta This Week
4. Re: Sea of Thieves Beta This Week Jan 22, 2018, 10:26 Prez

I think it looks like a blast, but it will have to be something amazing for me to bother going through the Windows Store to get it.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > More on Destiny 2 Rewards
9. Re: More on Destiny 2 Rewards Jan 22, 2018, 08:18 Prez

This is definitely not the most egregious misstep to be fair. In their blind quest for more money, however, Activision/Bungie have fostered a relationship of mistrust and disdain with the majority of their fanbbase, making every perceived misstep a huge controversy. It's their own fault - maximizing continued revenue streams has been placed over maintaining a good long-term experience for their players from day one; Activision/Bungie have made their bed so now they get to lie in it. In other words, fuck 'em.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > More Destiny 2 Progression Complaints
7. Re: More Destiny 2 Progression Complaints Jan 18, 2018, 12:53 Prez

Normally I'd play devil's advocate and say that any change an owner of an online property like Destiny makes is going to be vilified by a vocal minority but in this case nah, not going to do it. Everything Bungie does or is made to do by the vile Activision overlords is done soley to maximize profits at the eververse with its predatory, exploitative, unregulated gambling mechanic loot box economy. So ya know, FUCK 'em. Fuck em right up their cynical greedy soulless corporate asshole. Without lube. With a dildo made of acid and fire.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Petroglyph Sought Star Wars: Empire At War Sequel
5. Re: Petroglyph Sought Star Wars: Empire At War Sequel Jan 18, 2018, 11:25 Prez

Wow you can't just blurt out controversial opinions like that without a trigger warning dude.

Sorry. Don't worry though - soon a debate will arise about whether EA sucked more under Obama or Trump, and maybe W and Slick Willy will get thrown in there. Then some foreigner will make some comment about how dumb Americans are and how insert country name here is way better, and at some point Hitler and Fascism will ne referenced. Racism accusations will be tossed around briefly, perhaps with a dash of misogyny, then we'll settle into your bog standard tinfoil hat-wearing right wing wackos versus egg-sucking, commie liberals discussion every thread devolves into, and all will be forgotten.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Petroglyph Sought Star Wars: Empire At War Sequel
3. Re: Petroglyph Sought Star Wars: Empire At War Sequel Jan 18, 2018, 11:13 Prez

This is why we can't have nice things. Electronic Arts is why. EA is why we can't have nice things. FUCK EA.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Persistent-World Alien Shooter Plans
6. Re: Persistent-World Alien Shooter Plans Jan 18, 2018, 08:52 Prez

Persistent world horror is extremely hard to do well - overexposure to the thing or things that are supposed to be scary breeds familiarity that kills the tension and fear. Make no mistake - Alien is a HORROR franchise first, sci-fi second. It's a big reason why Alien Isolation was the best game in the franchise by a country mile - they got the horror right.

I don't have high hopes for this at all.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Trailer
4. Re: Underworld Ascendant Trailer Jan 17, 2018, 12:36 Prez

Hearing that Warren Spector is on a project doesn't have the effect of making me instantly excited the way it used to. Not since Deus Ex Invisible War.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

13809 Comments. 691 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo