Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 14085 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 7
2. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 7 Jun 15, 2018, 16:01 Prez

So FF7, several years after its announcement, has moved out of the concept stage. Well they're just working like gangbusters on it aren't they!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
59. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 15, 2018, 08:49 Prez

Slick wrote on Jun 14, 2018, 13:01:
I don't know what you guys are complaining about, what he said is actually right on the money, the only shame is that it's taken them so long to realise this.

The "eureka" moment is when they realised that PC gamers don't want to log into a fucking Xbox app, or manage an Xbox account, or go to the Xbox store on PC. They thought that their existing branding was a feature, but it's always been a bug for PC gamers.

For all their fuckups, I'm pretty happy to be able to finally buy a game once which works on my Xbox and my PC (and migrates save files automatically to boot). I think we've all been there at one time or another, debating whether to have to re-buy a game we already own cause we want to play it on a different platform. There's only a handful of games (mostly first party titles) that use this "play anywhere" program, but it's fucking great and very consumer-friendly. Also, it supports cross-play. I play Gwent on Xbox and PC and I can play PvP against people from either ecosystem. I think Forza 7 works the same way too.

I see the upside for XBox owners (I'm not one of them) and in a vacuum what Spencer is saying would be a welcome breath of fresh air. But we don't live in a vacuum; we live in the world where Microsoft, once a fantastic PC game publisher, abandoned the market entirely for the greener pastures of consoles (Fair dues, that's their right to do so obviously) but then, realizing they aren't good at competing in that space, comes back every 12 to 18 months and "recommits to PC gaming" but does fuck all in that regard. The massive collective eyeroll that the latest recommiting line is eliciting is MS proving itself to be all talk and no action time and time again and people are wise to their bullshit. You need to look no further than GFWL and the dumpster fire that is the Windows10 store for a glimpse at how inept modern day Microsoft is at PC gaming.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Culling 2 Revealed
3. Re: The Culling 2 Revealed Jun 15, 2018, 07:54 Prez

In their defense the original was not developed originally to go in the direction the fans wanted, so they decided to basically start over from scratch. But yeah, this is going to be a tough sell to people turned off by them abandoning the first game to make a new one to sell them.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Black Ops 4 Season Pass Controversy
11. Re: Black Ops 4 Season Pass Controversy Jun 14, 2018, 16:20 Prez

Which edition is the one that comes with loot boxes? Oh wait, that'd be all of them. Never mind.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Destiny 2 Forsaken Gambit Trailer
1. Re: Destiny 2 Forsaken Gambit Trailer Jun 13, 2018, 11:14 Prez

I have to admit, they came up with some interesting mechanics for this mode. I suck at killing other Guardians though - I think my Crucible K/D ratio is 1 kill for every 50 deaths.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jun 13, 2018, 11:06 Prez

LOL  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > LawBreakers Goes F2P; Ending in September
2. Re: LawBreakers Goes F2P; Ending in September Jun 13, 2018, 10:54 Prez

Should have been free to play from the start. Like they said it would be before the beta.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Tripwire Enters Publishing; Announces Maneater
5. Re: Tripwire Enters Publishing; Announces Maneater Jun 13, 2018, 09:15 Prez

DangerDog wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 04:31:
about 5 minutes of fun then boring repetition sets in.

Is that your general opinion on action RPG's or is there something specific about this one in particular? Just curious...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Destiny 2: Forsaken Story Trailer
2. Re: Destiny 2: Forsaken Story Trailer Jun 12, 2018, 11:06 Prez

Given the length of time Destiny 2 has suffered from a dearth of content the asking price for this is making it a tough sell for me. Especially after what they charged for the 2 DLC they've released so far considering how relatively little content they added. It sucks because Destiny 2 is a great game in a great universe at its core.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Best of Japan on PC
2. Re: Best of Japan on PC Jun 12, 2018, 11:02 Prez

YES! The Yakuza series is one of those over which I've been toying with the idea of buying a PS4 to play. There's still "Last of Us", "God of War" and "Persona" though.

Update: For those interested www.fanatical.com has Yakuza 0 for sale at 4 bucks off ($15.99). I snapped it up.

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2018, 12:37.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 Announced
4. Re: Resident Evil 2 Announced Jun 12, 2018, 10:57 Prez

Finally! RE2 remains my favorite in the series. Been waiting for this on PC forever. Get Nemesis on PC too Capcom!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Control: Origins E3 Trailer
1. Re: Fleet Battles Access Launches for Star Control: Origins Preorders Jun 12, 2018, 08:15 Prez

I know it's fashionable to hate on Brad Wardell (admittedly the guy sometimes doesn't know when to just be quiet) but I really like Stardock games (Where is "Sins of a Solar Empire 2"???) and this new Star Control looks like it is going to tick my boxes so I'm looking forward to it.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser
18. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 12, 2018, 08:07 Prez

Awesome! Can't wait to see how many bugs go unpatches by Bethesda in this one!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > ZIGGURAT Giveaway
5. Re: ZIGGURAT Giveaway Jun 11, 2018, 12:40 Prez

As a heads up if you download and like Zigguarat, do yourself a favor and pick up Immortal Redneck. It's fantastic.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dying Light 2 Announced
10. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 12:10 Prez

El Pit wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 12:03:
I LOVED DL - what a great game! I had sooo much fun with it and when I wanted to get a dose of "FUUUUUUUUCK! Rrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnn!" I ventured out into the dark parts of the city at night. It always ended in some really great, nail-biting adventure.

Guys, I don't get why so many gamers here feel let down by the announcements - I still remember playing G.I. Joe decades ago and discussing with friends if we would ever see games that had the (back then!) awesome graphics of the scripted parts - and look what we get now - I never DREAMED of graphics this brilliant and open worlds! I, for one, am always amazed to see Mordor, the Dying Light city, the Witcher world, the FarCry words, Elder Scrolls, GTA, or Guild Wars 2... And I am thankful that I am (still) around to actually play those. I have played hundreds of hours of Pong, Frogger, Centipede, and so many more but I don't want to go back. No more pixel graphics, I am all open world, ARPG, best graphics possible - this is what I always wanted and now am getting in abundance. This is a great time for gaming - ENJOY IT, GUYS!!!

This is me to a tee. Life has jaded me horribly towards people and the world in general, but when it comes to videogames I'm the same 8 year old kid playing Adventure on the Atari 2600 smiling ear to ear, staring at the screen in wide-eyed wonder; the same kid playing Outrun on his Sega Genesis dreaming wistfully of a day when I could actually visit that big city on the horizon. Until some corporate vultures fuck up my Star Wars - the defining world of my childhood - with predatory gambling mechanics and cynical bullshit monetization and insult my fucking intelligence by telling me they ruined my lifelong dream of playing in Tolkien's magical universe with loot boxes that make half the game pointless because they wanted to give me "choice"...Then I'm a jaded cynical fuck again.

Did I forget to mention FUCK EA and WB?

EDIT: Yes I know both games are fixed now - LONG after the fact and frankly these things should have never been there in the first place. First impressions stick. So fuck 'em.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2018, 12:25.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dying Light 2 Announced
1. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 10:16 Prez

Really liked the first one despite the goofy story. I'm tiring of zombies but if this is as crazy fun as the first I'll be on board.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer
1. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 10:13 Prez

Oh HELL YES!!!!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > ZIGGURAT Giveaway
1. Re: ZIGGURAT Giveaway Jun 11, 2018, 10:10 Prez

Ziggurat is an insanely fun rogue-like with cool and crazy enemies.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed
21. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 10, 2018, 16:02 Prez

DangerDog wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 16:22:
I remember when DICE made innovative game modes like Titan in BF2142 and Rush in Bad Company 2.

Now they're just a #metoo studio

/sad

I am not much of a multiplayer gamer but 2142 was my hands down favorite of all time. What could be cooler than rocketing up to a massive floating airship and destroying it from the inside? It's a travesty that there's never been a follow-up. Screw all this "WW2 is new again!" crap - it really isn't.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2018, 15:53 Prez

7 of the 10 on this list are essentially single-player games. (Not counting Vampyr being listed twice...) That's fantastic.

"Single-player is dead!" is corporate speak for "We can't monetize the shit out of Single-player games, so we want it to die".

- Mahatma Gandhi

14085 Comments. 705 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo