Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13597 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Nexon Cutting LawBreakers Losses; Blames PUBG
37. Re: Nexon Cutting LawBreaker Losses; Blames PUBG Jan 3, 2018, 18:16 Prez

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 17:11:
born2expire wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 16:58:
Cliffy B is the reason i refused to even try this game.
PUBG has sold over 26 million copies, but if CliffyB had been the name behind PUBG you know how many copies it would have sold, over 26 million.

Because PUBG has mass appeal and was primo streamer fodder which would render a dev's off-putting personality moot in regards to sales potential. Playerunknown is perceived to be by many (myself included) a loudmouth dickhead and it has not affected sales because the mass market at large does not concern itself with such things. Despite whatever delusions Blezinski had about his game's chances at mass appeal, Lawbreakers was never going to achieve such critical mass in the gaming space. Because of the type of game it is and what segment of customers it is geared towards Blezinski's reputation had a more tangible effect on Lawbreakers' sales. At least that's my take.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Nexon Cutting LawBreaker Losses; Blames PUBG Jan 3, 2018, 15:17 Prez

Acleacius wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 14:59:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 13:11:
Beamer wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 11:41:
aka_STEVE wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 11:21:
...or blame it on the fact that your company aligned itself with Cliffy B ?
...and most PC users will never forget him.

I'd be shocked if even a fraction of PC users had a clue who he was, let alone what he did that pissed some off, let alone would "never forgive him."

Just a bunch of crotchety old men that complain about how much better everything was when they were teenagers while complaining about how much the devs that made the things they loved when they were teenagers are evil, stupid, or both.

....Nobody cares about Cliffy B and he's certainly not the reason why LawBreakers failed.....
Is there a name for "funny ironic contradictions"?

His infamy clearly played a part in word of mouth, at the very least.

It's odd that so many people don't get this. Lawbreakers wasn't aimed at the casual market the way Overwatch and the Battle Royale games that are currently all the rage are - it's success was largely hinging upon the buy-in of the hardcore PC gaming market. The very same one he's told to fuck off many times throughout his career. Of course Lawbreakers suffered because of his past indiscretions. That said, given the aforementioned major shortcomings surrounding Lawbreakers, it was never going to be a smash success. At best it was going to be a niche hardcore shooter darling similar to the first Tribes, but I have no doubt it failed to achieve even close to that because of who's project it was.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: Nexon Cutting LawBreaker Losses; Blames PUBG Jan 3, 2018, 13:09 Prez

While PUBG's insane (and to me, inexplicable - how the hell is such an ugly and mechanically terrible game so popular?) success probably hurt Lawbreakers somewhat, the core problem remains to be the fact that Lawbreakers was marketed terribly, was geared so heavily towards hardcore shooter veterans that it drove off the much larger market of less hardcore players, and that it's all around presentation is just dull as dishwater.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam's Best of 2017
1. Re: Steam's Best of 2017 Jan 1, 2018, 12:21 Prez

...here are the "Platinum" sellers by gross revenue, which interestingly includes Warframe, a free-to-play game...

Hey, fuckwits at EA, are you paying attention? Are you seeing how this works? If you're going to have a fucking free to fucking play economy in your fucking game maybe make it fucking free to fucking play? Novel concept I know. Oh, and of course, FUCK EA.

Don't mind me; just getting my daily obligatory Fuck EA out of the way. Nothing to see here; move along.

EDIT: And before someone points out that there are 2 free-to-play economy games on the list which are not free to play, yes I realize that. Don't bother me with logical counterpoints while I'm having a Fuck EA moment.

This comment was edited on Jan 1, 2018, 12:32.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > FCC Grants ESA CVAA Waiver Extension
5. Re: FCC Grants ESA CVAA Waiver Extension Dec 28, 2017, 09:26 Prez

I'm all for everyday quality of life activities like riding the bus, going to the grocery store, using the restroom, and using an atm having government-mandated accessibility requirements. But I can't get behind this being forced into the gaming industry which is a decidedly non-critical leisure activity. Personally I'd suggest the path that a lot of modern videogame reviewers take in giving shout-outs to developers for adding accessibility enhancements to their games as kind of a reward for good behavior. This should become a standard review item just like framerate and graphics in all reviews; it seems like a far less intrusive and draconian step than government mandates.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Gameplay Video
58. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Gameplay Video Dec 27, 2017, 08:14 Prez

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 14:41:
Prez wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 12:43:
What? You don't enjoy games the exact same way I do?!?! Sorry Creston I love ya man but now you're dead to me.

That's some special kind of love there man.

Hard to tell if you missed that it was sarcasm, or just riffing off my silly comment to Creston, but just in case, I was joking.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse
24. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 27, 2017, 06:54 Prez

Asmodai wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 06:03:
Prez wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 01:45:
Prez checks time in Destiny 2... Over 50 hours. Laughs at the irony of Darks and his Destiny apologist brethren accusing someone else of talking without knowing what the fuck they're talking about. Thinks about taking it further and exposing Darks and his attack dogs for the clueless blowhards they are, then decides they're sad little men and takes pity on them. :D.

But not on Activision Blizzard. Fuck Activision Blizzard. Fuck'em right up their sleazy corporate asshole.

So what part of the rage spike is actually due to the story in question? The story about threads which are raising factually inaccuracies as a real issue?

Or is this just general carping? If you hate em so much, why dafuq did you buy the game?

Well it's both distaste at how Activision/Bungie has systematically made a game that I had been enjoying a lot worse and worse post launch AND general carping because I despise Activision.

I bought the game because the premise had been intriguing to me since the first Destiny and because people had been saying it had a lot in common with the Borderlands series, which I loved despite that series being made by another publisher whom I despise.

- Mahatma Gandhi

20. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 27, 2017, 01:45 Prez

Prez checks time in Destiny 2... Over 50 hours. Laughs at the irony of Darks and his Destiny apologist brethren accusing someone else of talking without knowing what the fuck they're talking about. Thinks about taking it further and exposing Darks and his attack dogs for the clueless blowhards they are, then decides they're sad little men and takes pity on them. :D.

But not on Activision Blizzard. Fuck Activision Blizzard. Fuck'em right up their sleazy corporate asshole.

- Mahatma Gandhi

53. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Gameplay Video Dec 26, 2017, 12:43 Prez

What? You don't enjoy games the exact same way I do?!?! Sorry Creston I love ya man but now you're dead to me.

Oh, and for the slower kids in the class, that was sarcasm.

But I still hope they don't change a thing. While admittedly I didn't sit through every dialog in WC on every play through past the first, for me the effect of all that immersion-building had a cumulative effect that made ensuing playthroughs just as affecting and memorable as the first playthrough.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dark Age of Camelot F2P Plans
1. Re: Dark Age of Camelot F2P Plans Dec 26, 2017, 11:16 Prez

Don't have much to say on this topic but I try to never miss an opportunity to say Fuck EA. Specifically for killing Mythic as they have unceremoniously killed so many once-great developers. And their spite-filled insistence on continuing to exist. Fuck EA. Did I say that already?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 26, 2017, 11:12 Prez

Is it any surprise? EA has nothing on Activision for sleaze, greed, and stupidity. Along with Take2 and Warner Bros, both EA and Activision are run by clueless corporate fuckwits who don't give a shit about their customers beyond how much more money they can milk out of their wallets past the initial game purchase. Fuck Activision Blizzard.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

48. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Gameplay Video Dec 26, 2017, 09:49 Prez

For those slagging off the gameplay vid as proving this game is a walking simulator (or helmet-donning simulator if you prefer) and complaining the dog-fight to mission prep time ratio is way skewed towards the boring in my opinion you are clearly missing the point of the vision behind this whole venture. And I say that without a hint of sarcasm. Think of Wing Commander - what REALLY made that game the seminal, iconic space game that it is to this day? Is it the dog-fighting or the space battles? Not really in my opinion. At least not in totality. For me, what made Wing Commander one of my top 3 games of all time (don't think anything will ever beat out X-Com and Homeworld for my 1 and 2 spots) was the little details that led up to the space battles - touring the Tiger's Claw, chatting up the bartender, talking tactics with the other pilots, seeing the empty chair where a pilot WOULD be sitting had they not died last mission fighting a Kilrathi battle cruiser, the cinematic showing the mad scramble to your fighter to repel a surprise Kilrathi attack on the Claw... By the time you got into space you were completely and utterly sold on the experience; everything leading up to the battle had contexualized the experience so that it was exciting, harrowing, and alive. You were THERE. Defending YOUR carrier and home. Trying to keep your wingman alive so you could talk to him again in the Tiger's Claw lounge. Make no mistake - Roberts is a terrible business man and an utterly undisciplined project manager, but in my book his vision is beyond reproach. I pray he ignores each and every one of your complaints as far as the lead up to the action.

Now the complaints about performance... yeah I'm totally with you.

This comment was edited on Dec 26, 2017, 11:05.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Overwatch Burns the Troll Log
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 26, 2017, 09:20 Prez

Symmetra is the trolliest of Overwarch heroes hands down.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Black Mesa Update; Sale
8. Re: Black Mesa Update; Sale Dec 26, 2017, 08:13 Prez

DangerDog wrote on Dec 24, 2017, 15:17:
Nobody wants to return to Xen.

nobody.

I do.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 All Backers Test
22. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 All Backers Test Dec 23, 2017, 16:06 Prez

Sure the graphics look amazing now. But will they still hold up in 10 years when it ships?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Play Star Trek Bridge Crew Without VR
2. Re: Play Star Trek Bridge Crew Without VR Dec 22, 2017, 12:22 Prez

The problem for me with Bridge Crew isn't that it required VR. It's that I don't have a group of friends to play with. And playing with randos can be such a soul-crushing experience. A VR remake of the awesome Bridge Commander on the other hand... I would have been all over that.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Valve AU Fine Upheld
1. Re: Valve AU Fine Upheld Dec 22, 2017, 11:41 Prez

GabeN got a parking ticket. So annoying. Maybe we should start a gofundme for the poor guy?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale and Steam Awards Underway
24. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Steam Awards Underway Dec 22, 2017, 08:09 Prez

Why do I keep buying games on these sales?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks
21. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 20, 2017, 22:29 Prez

Okay the nonsense surrounding this game has reached epic levels but c'mon... Mark Hamill kinda looks badass. It's okay, you can admit it.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files
10. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Dec 17, 2017, 10:21 Prez

Kind of annoying when high profile games like Fallout, Doom, and La Noir only come out for the headset I don't have. I know there's a rift (I'm so clever) between Occulus and Bethesda but what about LA Noir?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

13597 Comments. 680 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo