Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13363 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
37. Re: Into the Black Jan 13, 2017, 23:17 Prez

right, but the market has already spoken with regards to this, people are just fine paying $50 a year for multiplayer. That's an experiment that's almost 10 years old with xbox live.

People will pay for decent online functionality sure. Nintendo has not been great at all in the online space. As an aside the one free game per month that you lose at the end of the month is terrible in my opinion.

Also the Wii shipped with Wii sports, yes, that was also 10 years ago, and by no means the norm for this industry. The xbox doesn't ship with a game, the Playstation doesn't ship with a game. I can't remember the last time that was brought up as an issue, it's become standard practice.

This is true but Nintendo serves a pretty different market from Sony and Microsoft. There's a HUGE difference in how the Wii and Wii-U performed, mostly due to the Wii serving their market well while the Wii-U failed to do so. Shipping a very novel package such as Wii-Sports with the system was a huge part in getting the Wii off the ground and on its way to its huge success.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Into the Black Jan 13, 2017, 22:42 Prez

From my point of view regardless of what system it was originally intended for, a new Zelda game is a system seller. The problem is that while the Switch hardware is pretty cool and will presumably provide some pretty novel functionality for a lot of people, ultimately what makes or breaks any game system is the available software. In this day and age the online ecosystem also plays a role, and based on the reveal conference the Switch has some real problems in both the online and software arena. The Switch itself ships with nothing playable, which to me is a big mistake (not to mention the list of launch titles thus far revealed is woefully inadequate). Wii Sports was included with the Wii and gave the system purpose right out of the box. I have my doubts about whether people will be as keen on paying another $50 on top of the $300 for the system for the "1-2" package of games that looks VERY underwhelming.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2017, 19:00 Prez

Seems like today would have been a perfect day to release the new Friday the 13th game. Missed opportunity.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

30. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 13, 2017, 18:51 Prez

Recognizing that I am not at all the target audience for this, I still have to say I find the new Nintendo console reveal incredibly underwhelming. Admittedly it's very early.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 12, 2017, 11:12 Prez

Not any surprises on the most hated companies list. I know it was a different list (worst company maybe?), but I used to get such a chuckle out of seeing EA get hammered year after year.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Diluvion Next Month
1. Re: Diluvion Next Month Jan 10, 2017, 19:58 Prez

Well it certainly looks fantastic, but in this day and age, with everything that has happened in the past, it boggles my mind that anyone would pre-order a game. I'll pick it up the day of release if it has a smooth launch with no performance problems.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > World War II Online Coming to Steam
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 8, 2017, 01:57 Prez

Rush job.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
41. Re: Op Ed Jan 2, 2017, 16:32 Prez

I find the OP Ed to be ridiculous; self-serving and completely pointless, but really... you kind of need to ask yourself how a guy telling his daughter that a classic Mario game is somehow misogynist and then bragging about it in a silly article affects your life at all. Why get bent out of shape over something so goofy and meaningless? Agree with it or not, is it really worth getting into an argument and hurling insults at each other over?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2017, 00:14 Prez

Father Mulcahey was such a great character, a standout in a great cast. William Christopher, Thanks for the laughs and rest in peace.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 100 of 2016
15. Re: Steam Top 100 of 2016 Jan 1, 2017, 20:13 Prez

Primalchrome what are you doing?!? Posting that you are HAPPY with the sale and the state of PC gaming?!? Don't you know where you are???

On the subject of No Man's Sky, it is not impossible to believe that it is still selling well. It's not really my kind of game, but neither is Euro Truck Simulator but it's selling well. I imagine that the type of gamer interested in the latter might also be interested in the former. Not everyone got caught up in the hype, and despite the game wasn't what was promised, No Man's Sky in its current form may very well appeal to many more casual gamers. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Dec 31, 2016, 23:34 Prez

Eirikrautha wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 15:04:
See, this is the problem with interpretive lenses. Any particular lens might give a new perspective on a topic, but at the cost of filtering out other information.

So I'd don't have a problem with looking at female representation in games, just to see where things stand. If a programmer or producer wants to address that information in their game, more power to them.

The problem arises when people become so enamored with a lens (like feminism) that they forget that it is a lens, an imperfect view of the world. Then you get stupidity like this: a desperate attempt to find examples of your pet foibles in anything and everything. This is why most people not married to your lens look at your complaints as moronic... because you have to ignore so much contrary information in order to make everything fit into your lens...

Well said.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Award Winners
21. Re: Steam Award Winners Dec 31, 2016, 23:29 Prez

Frijoles wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 13:48:
I don't think I voted the same for any of these. I'm out of touch with today's gamer, I guess.

Same. Not a single game I voted for won. Oh well, at least I got the trading cards.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Early Access
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 29, 2016, 22:31 Prez

I liked Heavy Gear back in the day; it did enough to set itself apart from the MechWarrior franchise with smaller, more nimble mechs and a cool universe. I'm not so interested in this, being multiplayer only, but I'm really looking forward to the Battletech project that came out of Kickstarter recently. And since someone mentioned Starsiege, that would be awesome to see revived too.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface?
24. Re: Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface? Dec 21, 2016, 00:00 Prez

Jamil20 wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 23:23:
siapnar wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 20:05:
Prez wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 13:07:
It's a shame nothing really interesting beyond the Crysis series made use of it. Unless I'm missing something?
Only one I can think of is Kingdom Come: Deliverance

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CryEngine_games

Well I'll be damned! I had no idea that so many games used the Cryengine! Surprised

- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface? Dec 20, 2016, 14:46 Prez

Beamer wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 13:51:
Prez wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 13:07:
The Crysis games were love 'em or hate 'em kind of games - personally I loved them - but there's no question Crytek made some incredible tech. It's a shame nothing really interesting beyond the Crysis series made use of it. Unless I'm missing something? (And no, I'm not counting Star Citizen because from what I've read CIG has retooled it to the point that it is practically a new engine.)

I also loved Crysis. I think I played 1 & 2. Maybe 3? I remember getting a little tired of it in the middle of the second game, with some tedious passages.

Then again, saying that, I remember the end of the original Far Cry, where you had a sequence requiring you to fight something like 6 rocket mutants at once. I had to "cheat" by pushing a chair in the path of an auto-close door so I could run back halfway through for ammo and health. It... it just wasn't remotely fun.

edit - This part here, if I recall. Not even fun to watch. And wow, I don't remember Far Cry looking that awful.

Same here as far as Far Cry's graphics go - it REALLY didn't age well. I remember the later level with the multiple rocket mutants that you mentioned - I must have died 20 times before I finally beat them. Still, I have fond memories of that game. I just remember it looking much better than that...

- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface? Dec 20, 2016, 13:09 Prez

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 13:05:
Blame piracy

I was going to refrain from making a snide comment about only one in 20 gamers who played Crysis actually paid for it but you have forced my hand!

Unfortunately I can't think of anything clever to say. I guess I'm having an off day.

- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface? Dec 20, 2016, 13:07 Prez

The Crysis games were love 'em or hate 'em kind of games - personally I loved them - but there's no question Crytek made some incredible tech. It's a shame nothing really interesting beyond the Crysis series made use of it. Unless I'm missing something? (And no, I'm not counting Star Citizen because from what I've read CIG has retooled it to the point that it is practically a new engine.)  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
67. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 16, 2016, 17:11 Prez

Beamer wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 11:06:
Quboid wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 09:47:
Beamer, you're not talking about right-wing gamers so generalisation is allowed.

Yeah, I'm pretty certain this site is left leaning, but not terribly so. We have a few out and out conservatives, such as Verno and Prez, and at this point I feel as if I get on fine with them, butting heads over a few social things and that's it (though, very much not always the case with Prez and I.)

I don't feel like denying climate change and pizzagate are "conservative" positions.

Beamer and me are totally cool.

It's funny - with everything that's happened to me over the past two years I have found myself doing two things:

First, I've been agreeing with more and more liberal positions. Don't get me wrong, the extreme left-wing nuts still completely turn me off, but public forums like this one hardly have any.

Second, I find myself completely turned off by divisive discussion like this one as of late. My first inclination is always to think of something diplomatic to say to try to "soften" the divide between people, but with hardline stances that is all but impossible so I just sit on my hands and watch from afar.

As for me and my political leanings, I would call myself as conservative as someone who believes in gay rights, does not want a right-leaning Supreme Court, is worried about climate change, probably would have voted for Bernie Sanders had he been a choice, believes the extremely rich should pay higher taxes, doesn't like Ted Cruz, doesn't want religion taught in public schools beyond its cultural and historical impact for various regions of the world, wishes Fox News wasn't a thing, believes corporate regulation is mandatory, and would like to see tighter restrictions on gun ownership could possibly be.

I'll leave someone else to make some sense of that, because I sure can't.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Conan Exiles Survival Video
4. Re: Conan Exiles Survival Video Dec 8, 2016, 13:46 Prez

Looks really good, but I'm kinda done with Early Access titles. I'll wait until it's complete before checking it out.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Arizona Sunshine i7-Exclusive Content Released for All
7. Re: Arizona Sunshine i7-Exclusive Content Released for All Dec 8, 2016, 13:43 Prez

A developer that listens to their fans and takes action??? What the hell is the world coming to?!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

13363 Comments. 669 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo