Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13475 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Monster Hunter World Announced
1. Re: Monster Hunter World Announced Jun 13, 2017, 14:48 Prez

Wow - a real Monster Hunter coming to PC? Nice.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jun 13, 2017, 13:49 Prez

The Sombra and Symmetra dancers are delicious!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > State of Decay 2 Next Spring
9. Re: State of Decay 2 Next Spring Jun 13, 2017, 05:10 Prez

Acleacius wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 00:16:
Darks wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 21:16:
fucking knew they would make this Shit 10 exclusive. Fuck U M$

+1

I had no idea they were that Fning Stupid. They will lose 40% of their sales minimum.

From the FAQ:

Q: What about Steam?
A: Stay tuned – we’ll have more to share in the future.

Of course it might still require Windows 10

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > State of Decay 2 Next Spring
3. Re: State of Decay 2 Next Spring Jun 12, 2017, 22:26 Prez

I LOVED the first one. It ticked all my boxes for an open-world survival Zombapocalypse game.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Metro Exodus Announced
19. Re: Metro Exodus Announced Jun 12, 2017, 14:50 Prez

FINALLY!!!!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Origin Access Free This Week
9. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Jun 11, 2017, 21:31 Prez

Well as much shit as I give EA (and well-deserved in my view), credit where due - they have really turned Origin into an excellent platform, and Access is a great deal. In may ways it is superior to Steam, but Steam was first and put in the features and fixes it needed to while Origin was still a shit-show. So Origin will always be a distant second.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak
35. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 11, 2017, 02:53 Prez

Slick wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 02:32:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 02:20:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 00:28:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 19:05:
Star Wars Battlefront 2: Official Gameplay Trailer

You've got to admit that the engine looks simply amazing.

To me it does not. Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location.

I don't even know how to attack this, it feels like a trap, no matter what angle i take, it morphs into something even more ridiculous...

In my Admiral Ackbar voice : "IT'S A TRAP!!!!"

Yes the graphics looked amazing, and the sound was on point, but that is the only thing the game had going for it in my opinion.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Trailer
9. Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Trailer Jun 10, 2017, 23:37 Prez

After the massive disappointment that was Mighty No. 9 I feel that there is a lot riding on this game. If Ritual of the Night ends up a disappointment, it would pretty much be the end of the nostalgia-fueled kickstarter projects. People can only have so much faith when being screwed repeatedly. Unless you are a Star Citizen backer, in which case you'll just buy another $1000 ship that doesn't exist yet.

All that said, the trailer looks like they are on track for a good Castlevania rebirth.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak
26. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Leak Jun 10, 2017, 23:33 Prez

Maybe I'm a kid at heart but at 47 I still love Star Wars. But there is ZERO chance of me buying Battlefront 2 early or at launch and frankly not much chance of me ever buying it given the bullshit EA and DICE pulled with the 2015 Battlefront. An empty, soulless game lacking content with the added insult of season pass crap that almost doubled the price of the game, adding the stuff that actually made it worth the $60 it was originally sold at. Fuck EA for destroying everything it touches.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Road Redemption Splitscreen Support
5. Re: Road Redemption Splitscreen Support Jun 8, 2017, 17:06 Prez

It's had split-screen since I bought it 2 months ago. It's a fun game - beheading the competing bikers never gets old.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Writer Jay Pinkerton Leaves Valve
16. Re: Writer Jay Pinkerton Leaves Valve Jun 7, 2017, 15:04 Prez

Maybe the departed writers can all form a new studio and write the final game for the Half-Life series. Then, they can give it to Bioware's Andromeda team so we can have a bug-eyed, badly animated Alyx and a G-Man whose face is tired!!!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Ends; Steam Direct Next Week
2. Re: Steam Greenlight Ends; Steam Direct Next Week Jun 6, 2017, 21:38 Prez

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 6, 2017, 20:21:
Greenlight by any other name...

I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think the same thing. Greenlight was $100 submission fee and zero curation. Direct has 100$ submission fee and Valve has essentially admitted there will be no curation by them.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Battleborn F2P/Free Trial
7. Re: Battleborn F2P/Free Trial Jun 6, 2017, 18:33 Prez

Well, having played Overwatch, Paldadins, and Battleborn I can say that Battleborn IS a hero shooter, but not like Overwatch or Paldins in that it adds the MOBA element of npc "creeps". The game is actually very well made, from the aesthetic, to the interesting and cool heroes, great maps and environments, and the very appealing combat mechanics. The problem is that despite its clear differences from Overwatch, it absolutely did not do enough to distinguish itself in any way from the far, FAR more popular Hero shooters that came out in the same time frame. That, and because it is coming from Randy Pitchford's company, which is an automatic strike against it for tons of gamers.

It may be too little too late for Battleborn - it should have gone ACTUALLY F2P (not this bastardized version of F2P) months after its release once it was clear that Overwatch kicked the ever-loving shit out of it, and then Paladins did the same soon after.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics
13. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Cinematics Jun 2, 2017, 11:40 Prez

There has been more hype and lead-up to this character release than a lot of full games. Wish they would do something substantial with D3.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2017, 21:03 Prez

Mr. Tact wrote on May 31, 2017, 20:05:
Uh, so what are you saying about handling the psychological aspects of addiction?

In 2015 I spent 32 days in a Rehab/Mental hospital (they call it a"Behavioral Science Faciltiy" nowadays) for addiction and suicide. The shit I saw there (and went through myself) is so fucked up I can't begin to explain. But I learned intimately the ins and outs of the physical and mental pain of withdrawls and mental illness. Blood pressures of 280/190 are not uncommon. I saw 3 BAD seizures, a stroke, and one guy ended up in a coma for a week while he was being treated with Sarboxone and Pheno because of an addiction to alcohol and Benzo's.

Anyway, Bigspender is right about the changes in brain, scientifically that being the nuerons and synapses of the brain physically re-adjusting over time. But that is a physical change, not a psychological one. The psychological effects can last years or even an entire lifetime. Addiction to cigarettes is the hardest to kick (right up there with Heroin) but it also is the least debilitating. Compared to the withdrawal symptoms from opioids/narcotics/alcohol, quitting smoking is NOTHING. But most people in the facility I stayed at either smoked or started smoking while there (which incidentally is when I started smoking again after not smoking for 18 years). It's a far less dangerous vice than what people go there for, and it does a lot to help with the physical and mental anguish addicts and people with mental illness suffer from. Which is why I still do it.

- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2017, 12:24 Prez

Then for me it is "Prez's Personal Shame Day 2017" because I smoke like a friggin' chimney. I noticed that I finished a pack of cigarettes in about 8 hours the other day.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > New Intel CPU Announcements
37. Re: New Intel CPU Announcements May 30, 2017, 19:11 Prez

Agent-Zero wrote on May 30, 2017, 18:47:
this fucking argument comes up anytime there is a new CPU... no shit its not a big deal for joe-sixpack-gamer-guy

but it still has plenty of uses in actual reality, for actual people, in plenty of productivity apps and multi-tasking configs, across the board

"but what does it do FOR ME??" .. hey - who gives a shit?

doesnt change the fact this thing is an insane beast of a CPU, and its unprecedented in the non-enterprise, non-server based market... its a big deal regardless of whether or not its going to help you REK SUM NOOBS on overwatch or whatever... and if you already asked this question 100 times already, its not going to magically change the answer asking it for the 101st time

So which of these does matter to gamers? The low end i9 or high end i7?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed May 30, 2017, 13:17 Prez

A decent op-ed, but as is the norm for sites like Polygon, the title is misleading and inflammatory.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Friday the 13th: The Game Launch Hits Bad Luck
7. Re: Friday the 13th: The Game Launch Hits Bad Luck May 30, 2017, 04:58 Prez

Saw a let's play video on this and was astounded at how awful it looked and played. Unbelievable that they could release this game in this state and expect to have anything but overwhelming negative reaction by gamers.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Morning Mobilization May 27, 2017, 21:01 Prez

Mr. Tact wrote on May 27, 2017, 20:21:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on May 27, 2017, 20:14:
Personally, I think this is a solution that is more likely to prevent jaywalking: https://youtu.be/SB_0vRnkeOk

Plus, it's more fun.
Ha! Video is from 2014 but never seen it before, that is great.

As an aside, that video illustates quite well that white people can't dance!

- Mahatma Gandhi

13475 Comments. 674 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo