Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13770 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Conan Exiles Trailer Celebrates Next Month's Launch
8. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Celebrates Next Month's Launch Apr 13, 2018, 16:29 Prez

Yeah that trailer does make it look pretty awesome.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Apr 11, 2018, 14:55 Prez

Quboid wrote on Apr 11, 2018, 14:27:
Prez wrote on Apr 11, 2018, 13:00:
I have to admit, when I saw the topic of the article my instant reaction was similar to Cutter's. It's not that I don't support diversity in gaming or indeed any workforce, it's just that I'm so friggin' tired of hearing about this. You could chalk that up to me being a "privileged white male" but I sincerely don't think that is the case. Truthfully I'm just plain sick of hearing about this. Credit to the author for at least offering up some solutions instead of just complaining but that doesn't change the fact that I'm way past my threshold of fatigue on this matter.

I think a big reason is because people seem to want diversity for diversity's sake - to avoid the stigma of being anti-diversity because it looks bad to people who care about such things, all because media outlets hire from a pool that consists largely of white males. So the answer is forced diversity? That is just stupid to me.

The article isn't arguing for forced diversity.

How often do you hear about this? For all the emotion it causes, I personally don't see or hear that much on the subject of women in video games. The conversation that broke out a few years ago has largely subsided, merging into wider gender politics.

I agree the article is calling for a longer game than forcing diversity. What made me feel that this is what it's going to end up coming to is the nauseatingly pandering forward written by Eurogamer. I should have been more clear. All in all I think the article itself was not terrible, though I take major issue with her assertion that it is the media outlet's job to take steps to get women more interested in the field so there is a more diverse pool to hire from.

As far as the frequency, it seems to ebb and flow with the cultural focus on gender equality in society at large. I've read articles on the same theme several times already this year. If it actually struck me as an actual problem then I'm sure my threshold on the subject would be much higher but really it just doesn't.

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2018, 15:19.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Apr 11, 2018, 13:00 Prez

I have to admit, when I saw the topic of the article my instant reaction was similar to Cutter's. It's not that I don't support diversity in gaming or indeed any workforce, it's just that I'm so friggin' tired of hearing about this. You could chalk that up to me being a "privileged white male" but I sincerely don't think that is the case. Truthfully I'm just plain sick of hearing about this. Credit to the author for at least offering up some solutions instead of just complaining but that doesn't change the fact that I'm way past my threshold of fatigue on this matter.

I think a big reason is because people seem to want diversity for diversity's sake - to avoid the stigma of being anti-diversity because it looks bad to people who care about such things, all because media outlets hire from a pool that consists largely of white males. So the answer is forced diversity? That is just stupid to me.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Spy Ending Due to Steam Privacy Changes
7. Re: Steam Spy Ending Due to Steam Privacy Changes Apr 11, 2018, 12:26 Prez

Sheep here! Baaaaaaaaaa!

Anyway I'm glad they're hiding our library contents - I don't want people seeing how much time I'm putting into 'House Party' and all the Japanese Anime nudie games. I mean... IF, you know, I actually played those games. Which I don't. At all.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 11, 2018, 08:38 Prez

Got 9 Parhments for $6.50 with the sale and bundle discount. Now all I need are 3 friends to play it with...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 10, 2018, 12:09 Prez

I hate the term "fake news" now because it is currently the most overused phrase in society, but I find all news from major outlets to be at least fabricated in the sense that they pick and choose which stories to focus on and which to sweep under the rug. In my opinion, as mainstream outlets go, CNN is less "fake" than most, though they are just as bad as anyone dictating the big stories through selective reporting.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time
9. Re: GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time Apr 9, 2018, 12:16 Prez

The $6 Billion doesn't include the microtransacrion money?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: etc. Apr 9, 2018, 08:06 Prez

I have to go with No Man's Sky.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Planning Content Plans
2. Re: Sea of Thieves Planning Content Plans Apr 6, 2018, 10:55 Prez

Jesus tap-dancing Christ - why would you release a game that has almost nothing to do in it beyond look at the pretty waves and not have at least begun work on adding content? How in the hell could anyone have thought that was a good idea for anyone, the players, the developers, the shareholders... My god you really have to wonder about the games industry these days.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > LawBreakers Development Arrested
10. Re: LawBreakers Development Arrested Apr 6, 2018, 08:14 Prez

Blezinski is great at game mechanics but he absolutely sucks at creating interesting worlds and characters. Every one of his games star boring, generic, edgy, beefy dudebros and his themes are dull, run of the mill milquetoast. He needs to let others build the world's and the characters. He is a perpetual 12 year old boy who makes games for 12 year old boys.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 5, 2018, 12:31 Prez

Oh, Pattie my lad, games were also easier to buy and play 20 years ago. The price of the game was what you paid when you bought it at the store, and that got you the whole game. Period.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Control Origins Trailer
1. Re: Star Control Origins Trailer Apr 5, 2018, 12:28 Prez

The preview trailer looks pretty good. Personally I like the art style they are using for character models.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > WBIE Hits on HITMAN
7. Re: WBIE Hits on HITMAN Apr 4, 2018, 12:49 Prez

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Apr 4, 2018, 12:18:
MT Silver wrote on Apr 4, 2018, 11:04:
Damn. I was really hoping they'd go independent from now on, since reacquiring the rights from Square.

They are independent. Warner didn't buy them, they're just putting the HITMAN games on store shelves, since that's basically impossible to do as an independent studio. IO is still independently owned and still owns HITMAN. Publishing relationship != acquisition.

Well that is good then.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > WBIE Hits on HITMAN
3. Re: WBIE Hits on HITMAN Apr 4, 2018, 12:06 Prez

“Working with a partner like WBIE means that the team at IOI can stay focused on what we’re good at, making games.”

Umm... okay. If you say so. That's not exactly how it has worked out for Monolith.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Downward Spiral: Horus Station Trailer
1. Re: Downward Spiral: Horus Station Trailer Apr 4, 2018, 10:23 Prez

The movement mechanic looks kinda neat but that wasn't the most exciting gameplay video.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Year Two Content
6. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Year Two Content Apr 4, 2018, 10:15 Prez

I have been enjoying Wildlands quite a bit. But yeah, the loot box garbage is cancer. As long as Ubi can milk the whales for thousands of dollars, they'll keep supporting their games. Once those with more money than sense and those with addictions run out of money and stop paying their "live service" won't be kept live any longer.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Shadow of War Dropping Microtransactions
14. Re: Shadow of War Dropping Microtransactions Apr 3, 2018, 08:10 Prez

The nerve of WB is astounding - we're supposed to swallow that after all this time since release they suddenly realize that the gambling mechanic they added to their game undermines the game itself? Fuck me...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced
16. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced Mar 29, 2018, 14:37 Prez

I loved the original Guerilla enough to buy this again - I would love to destroy some fully destructible Martian oppressor bases again. I even loved the janky driving. And call me crazy but I take this re-release as hope for a proper sequel to Guerilla one day, not that Armageddon travesty which abandoned almost everything that made Guerilla great.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > PC Building Simulator Early Access
5. Re: PC Building Simulator Early Access Mar 28, 2018, 08:13 Prez

Surely the human race is running out of things to put the word "Simulator" after...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 27, 2018, 12:18 Prez

ldonyo wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 11:34:
It's not that Facebook stops looking for you, I don't buy that at all, but Facebook will stop telling you about photos you're in, unless you've been tagged, if you turn their facial recognition off.

Oh, and Zuck, no, Facebook users didn't agree to have you leave their data available to third parties without you knowing they had access to it. That's a data breach, whether you want to call it one or not, and it should be treated as one by every state and Federal law that applies.

As far as breaches go, no FB users didn't agree to that. But I imagine the average FB user has no clue to what they actually did agree to when they signed on and clicked swiftly through the EULA so they could immediately start posting about how their laundry is going and upload pictures of their caesar salad and tuna casserole.

- Mahatma Gandhi

13770 Comments. 689 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo