Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13323 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 8, 2016, 08:50 Prez

Cutter wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 20:53:
This is a major issue, right? After all, our economies are based entirely on conspicuous consumption. So if estimates are correct that AI and robots can replace the vast majority of the workforce than what drives the economy? A universal guaranteed income is the bare minimum. Certainly not what would keep our lifestyle - as we're accustomed to it - happily chugging along. Short of having matter replicators a la Star Trek that eliminates the need for a consumption based economy this will likely end very badly, i.e. WWIII. Well, as the Chinese curse goes, may you live in interesting times.

There will always be someone who has to work on the machines that do the work though. Luckily I'm in that line of work now so I should be safe.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Redesign
14. Re: Steam Redesign Nov 8, 2016, 08:46 Prez

MacLeod wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 08:14:
But i still can't change my account name from my old email address that I don't use any more.

It used to be the case that in order to do that you had to contact Steam support. I don't envy you; Steam support sucks.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Redesign
1. Re: Steam Redesign Nov 7, 2016, 20:40 Prez

It looks slick, but I need to dive in deeper to see if it's actually an improvement.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 7, 2016, 20:07 Prez

Drayth wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 13:32:
FYI - I have the latest drivers with no Geforce Experience and I don't see any of the telemetry stuff running.

EDIT - NM, I had 375.63, 375.70 DOES include the Telemetry with a driver + PhysX only install.

For what it's worth...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > SAG-AFTRA on Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
8. Re: SAG-AFTRA on Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Nov 5, 2016, 21:56 Prez

From what I've been hearing there are a whole bunch of quality voice actors who aren't in the union. Can anyone verify this? If true it would seem that companies could just hire outside of the union, which would kind of take the teeth out of the union, wouldn't it? Also, I would think that if jobs were so hard to come by isn't it likely a union member would cross the picket line to take a job if offered?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Beholder Next Week
10. Re: Beholder Next Week Nov 5, 2016, 18:36 Prez

ledhead1969 wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 18:30:
Prez wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 15:58:
It's a Trump presidency simulator!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

A closer analogy would be a Hillary presidency. I forgive your partisan viewpoint as you must be one of Hill's uninformed and complacent sheep.

People seem to forget that Trump and his followers are now the revolutionaries. It isn't 1968 people. Republicans, Trump, anyone who doesn't tow the liberal party line are now anarchists, counter-culture, outside the main stream. It is Hillary who must crush that dissent and have her followers inform on it.

(queue The More You Know)

Actually I despise Hillary, Trump, and this whole election. I'm not voting. I don't care who wins - things are going to shit regardless.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Beholder Next Week
5. Re: Beholder Next Week Nov 5, 2016, 15:58 Prez

It's a Trump presidency simulator!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Release Date and Preorder Beta
4. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Release Date and Preorder Beta Nov 4, 2016, 21:47 Prez

This looks extremely promising and I am very excited for it. Still, I'm definitely waiting until release to check reviews first.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered
6. Re: No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered Nov 4, 2016, 11:41 Prez

Ah Microsoft. You guys are so funny!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend
6. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend Nov 4, 2016, 05:26 Prez

Just happened to install this and start playing this game this week. I really like it. It is Left 4 Dead in the Warhammer fantasy universe with loot, which I love. I am having a great time with it. I have had very good experiences with the random groups I've joined; everyone seems to work together for the most part.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2016, 01:02 Prez

What a great game! Congrats Chicago!!!! And congrats to Cleveland too.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Season Pass Details
7. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Season Pass Details Nov 2, 2016, 21:44 Prez

People REALLY need to stop buying these Season Passes. It's showing incredible faith in companies who have done nothing to earn such faith; quite the opposite really.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 2, 2016, 21:39 Prez

That New York Times article is pretty depressing.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Screenshot Policy Change?
7. Re: Into the Black Nov 1, 2016, 21:09 Prez

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 1, 2016, 21:01:
No way man, this policy just fell out of the sky.

Heh. They've had screenshots with shit that just is not in the game for months.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 31, 2016, 20:42 Prez

I looked at the woman's picture - definitely shady. She obviously is a pirating scumbag.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > THQ Nordic Acquires NovaLogic Franchises
20. Re: THQ Nordic Acquires NovaLogic Franchises Oct 31, 2016, 17:45 Prez

I have fond memories of Joint Ops coop games with my kids.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 30, 2016, 21:52 Prez

Okay my curiosity is piqued. Going to see what the hell "My Summer Car" is as I've never heard of it.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Origin Bans Myanmar
17. Re: Origin Bans Myanmar Oct 30, 2016, 18:55 Prez

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 14:00:
If you live in Myanmar you have bigger problems to worry about than video games.

Considering our current racial tensions, rampant inner city crime and poverty, stagnant wages, sky-rocketing health care costs, mass shootings out the ass, and our coming election here in the U.S. where we will end up with a corrupt shyster no matter who wins, it could be argued that we too have bigger things to worry about than videogames. But to me that's all the more reason we need a form of escapism.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 29, 2016, 16:08 Prez

The technology, particularly the Microsoft surface, looks interesting but to say that it is "saving the PC" seems a bit dubious.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming
13. Re: Windows 10 Adds Offline Gaming Oct 29, 2016, 15:58 Prez

My suspicion is that Microsoft is using the fact that there was considerable opposition to Steam and Origin that later subsided as those platforms improved tremendously as a model as to why they are stubbornly sticking to their guns on this. The problem with this is that MS apparently still has no clue how to serve the PC audience.

I had Windows 10 until I reformatted and reinstalled Windows 8.1 and I am in no hurry to go back to 10. I want to play Gears 4 but not enough to use Windows 10 or the godawful Winstore.

- Mahatma Gandhi

13323 Comments. 667 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo