Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13546 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 26, 2017, 19:48 Prez

I mean really - what did Dragonpunk expect was going to happen? Was this just a publicity stunt?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > For Honor Cheaters Banned
15. BB Feb 25, 2017, 00:07 Prez

I'm sure I've played with many cheaters over the years, but not being particularly saavy at spotting such things (sucking so bad at multiplayer games makes me assume everyone is just that much better than me) I never really noticed one outright. The other day, however, I came across a VERY obvious cheater in Overwatch. I wasn't angry so much as intrigued - I wondered what satisfaction someone could get from winning in an unfair match. But I suppose it's an extreme extension of the "power fantasy" thing that many gamers like.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2017, 06:21.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Adding 10% GST in AU
2. Re: Steam Adding 10% GAT in AU Feb 22, 2017, 10:01 Prez

Jesus - as if games in Australia weren't expensive enough already.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 18, 2017, 20:53 Prez

Automation for manufacturing is going to happen - it's inevitable. I personally am in favor of the corporations displacing human workers either paying a severance or paying for them to be trained in a more technical field. Someone has to fix the robots when they break down, someone has to keep up the software that runs them, someone has to tune the processes on which they are working, etc.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: On Sale Feb 18, 2017, 20:48 Prez

Kxmode wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 17:35:
My aunt passed away this morning at 6:09 AM PST.

Very sorry.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial
30. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 15, 2017, 17:06 Prez

Origin was a huge steaming pile at launch, even worse than Steam was when it launched. Still it has developed into a good service - I use it for the few EA Origin exclusives that I feel are worth playing, and it works well. The major difference I think is perception - Valve has done itself no favors with terrible customer service, lack of quality control, and an all-around "hands off" approach to everything but I feel that Valve's sins can largely be chalked up to simple laziness. EA, on the other hand, is infamous for many reasons that delve far more into the insidious. Personally, I mostly ignore a company's sins and buy games strictly on how much fun I can have with their games and how much value is on offer. But it is worth noting that Valve wasn't voted worst company in America two years straight and has been a nominee in several others; EA has.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 15, 2017, 10:42 Prez

In the other thread about Steam direct the topic of quality control and curation was pretty thoroughly covered. What took me aback somewhat was a few people saying that they don't see the problem with the amount of garbage that is shoveled onto Steam on a weekly ( maybe even daily) basis. That view kind of shocks me. If the few quality titles that are released each week by small developers are drowned by the huge glut of absolute crap that makes up the majority of what is released, how in the world do the good developers stand a chance of being noticed when they are relegated to page 4 of the new release list within the hour? Without front page availability for the first week of release a game has a markedly lower chance of selling well, which in turn can cause a good developer who put actual effort into making a decent game to lose out on sales. When the good developers fail to turn a profit or even simply recoup their development costs on the games they make that is TERRIBLE for the games industry. That's how I see it anyway.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Feb 14, 2017, 14:46 Prez

The article isn't wrong (other than denying the flat structure that Valve has confirmed themselves that they use) but Jim Sterling has been making this point time and time again on his very popular channel in multiple video videos. Valve just isn't interested.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 13, 2017, 10:43 Prez

I have a lot of negative things to say about Nintendo because of terrible business decisions but I have to say that this was a pretty awesome thing that they did.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs
24. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Feb 11, 2017, 11:42 Prez

Don't shareholders generally like layoffs from "underperforming" departments?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Feb 1, 2017, 14:41 Prez

Reading the article really has me wondering - does a pirate really say "Oh well, since there's no day 1 crack I'll just buy it instead."? I just don't see it happening myself.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > SAG/AFTRA Rally Tomorrow
5. Re: SAG/AFTRA Rally Tomorrow Feb 1, 2017, 12:38 Prez

The fact that the voice actors are asking for more than developers get (royalties, limits on work time) in my opinion serves to accentuate how little developers and designers get, not how greedy voice actors are. No, I don't really feel sorry for them, but what they are asking for doesn't sound unreasonable. I just don't think they are going to get it.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Launches Consumer Products Division
10. Re: Activision Blizzard Launches Consumer Products Division Feb 1, 2017, 12:26 Prez

As long as Blizzard keeps making good games, I don't really care what they do. Just tighten up the story-writing - it's gotten noticeably worse as of late. Diablo 3s story was 'meh' and StarCraft 2's was pants. Particularly the last chapter. But those cutscenes though - WOW!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 27, 2017, 09:35 Prez

"
You need to think about YouTubers in your game design and not just expect to be able to pay someone to make a video and have greatness follow"

WTF?? Think about Youtubers in your design?! That sounds like terrible advice for developing a good game.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Days of War Early Access
3. Re: Days of War Early Access Jan 27, 2017, 09:26 Prez

I am not interested in the game, but that trailer did an admirable job of recreating the beach invasion scene from Saving Private Ryan. That scene is still to this day one of the most affecting scenes Hollywood has ever put out to me.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Diablo III Postmortem
19. Re: Diablo III Postmortem Jan 24, 2017, 08:43 Prez

Diablo 3 at launch was an absolute travesty. The auction house, and the way loot drops were designed specifically around it, was a disgusting display of greed, arrogance, and cynicism. Fast forward to now after tons of fixing and updating and Diablo 3 is a good game. I've put a lot of time into it. It's a shame Wilson and company screwed it up so badly in the beginning.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc., etc.
16. Re: etc., etc. Jan 20, 2017, 11:53 Prez

I've played about 8 hours of the LW2 and it is a fantastic mod. To start you get some really cool new classes (my favorite is the awesome close quarters Shinobi) and new perks to choose from when leveling up your soldiers. There are three options to choose from when a soldier gains a promotion so there is more customization options for individual soldiers. Another new feature is "squads". Your soldiers can be assigned to squads that can be sent out on missions as a unit instead of selecting soldiers individually.

Another big change is the "infiltration" mechanic in which you assign soldiers to initiate an infiltration when new missions are discovered instead of launching the mission immediately. The higher a squad's infiltration in a mission area, the easier the mission will be. And trust me, you'll want a high infiltration (at least 100% though you can go higher) otherwise you can easily get overwhelmed by a huge number of enemies on a mission. You'll want to recruit a lot more soldiers than you did in vanilla to fill out multiple squads and fill in gaps when soldiers invariably get injured or killed.

The world map where you contact resistance forces in the various regions is the same, but a lot has changed in the game's strategic layer. Firstly, you are deprived of much of the information on the world map that you were allowed to see in vanilla XCOM2. Dark events are hidden until you have gained a lot of intel in the regions in which they are occurring and you cannot see the rate at which the Avatar project is advancing (or decreasing, depending on your mission successes). Secondly, you now manage the resistance bases in each region, and you gain more benefits from that region as you increase the strength of a region's resistance through successful operations. You can assign the resistance members to tasks such as recruitment, procurement of supplies, or gathering intel to uncover new missions. I believe there is even a way to entirely wrest control of a region from the Aliens, presumably through successful missions and defense of resistance facilities in the region. One of the assignable tasks for members of the resistance is "hide", which certainly means that Advent will launch attacks in the regions where you have had success in gaining control of the region.

There are new weapon tiers (I have just started researching Laser technology) and lots of new research options. Squads can be much bigger now (I took nine troops on one mission) but I'm not sure what the max size is. There are also new alien types (I've met a couple of new ones but I'm sure there are a lot more I haven't seen yet).

Those are the big things I've noticed so far. I will say that the game is still punishing and it is even more important to use sound tactics on missions than it was in vanilla. All in all I love this mod so far, and I will be playing tons of it in the next week or so.

- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: etc., etc. Jan 20, 2017, 03:44 Prez

2 missions in with the Long War 2 mod; 3 dead soldiers and 8 wounded. Yeah, it's hard.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: etc., etc. Jan 19, 2017, 21:27 Prez

Downloading Long War 2 now. Goodbye next 100 hours.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 17, 2017, 03:18 Prez

I still can't shake the feeling that Nintendo is going to fuck this up. There's a lot of negative buzz around the cost of what many would consider necessary peripherals and what little is known about the online service, and there's plenty of room for Nintendo to generate a lot more with more of the fuckery Nintendo is known for.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

13546 Comments. 678 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo