Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13815 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Trump Calls Game Meeting
42. Re: Trump Calls Game Meeting Mar 2, 2018, 13:32 Prez

Maybe I'm the only one that thinks having a summit at the White House with game developers is a FAR better solution than the President immediately holding a press conference calling on Congress to come up with anti-gaming legislatuon. It's no secret that politicians and old people generally have no understanding of the games industry. And Washington is chock full of both. This is an opportunity for the industry representatives to educate some very significant and powerful politicians. The worst that can happen is that the President and whoever else attends choose to not listen and remain willfully ignorant, in which case nothing is lost. On the other hand, the possibility exists that the old out-of-touch dinosaurs might actually learn something. Maybe they will even learn enough to avoid sounding like idiots when the subject of violence in games inevitably comes up again. Hey a guy can dream.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 0°N 0°W Launches
5. Re: 0°N 0°W Launches Mar 2, 2018, 13:16 Prez

If your game title needs a pronunciation guide after its title you're doing it wrong. It's crazy that indie devs still don't get this. You re already facing an impossibly over-saturated market as it is; having a stupid name just makes it that much more likely your game will get overlooked.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Bullet Train Pulls Out of CPAC
35. Re: Bullet Train Pulls Out of CPAC Mar 2, 2018, 10:35 Prez

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 28, 2018, 08:42:
As for the murder clubs enrollment,
if anything it's dropping.
But if you feel the need to smear your hands with blood and be complicit with a millionaire like wayne lapierre, so be it.

Yeah because speaking in extreme hyperbole is how you engage people who disagree. "Smearing your hands with blood"... I'm sorry but that was the stupidest thing I've read all week.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > ESRB Adding In-Game Purchase Label
8. Re: ESRB Adding In-Game Purchase Label Feb 28, 2018, 06:43 Prez

Somehow I get the feeling that this flaccid little non-effort is not going to do much to get the politicians and government bodies to back off now that they have taken notice.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: Bullet Train Pulls Out of CPAC Feb 26, 2018, 14:55 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 14:38:
RaTzo90 wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 07:09:
Deeply sick of people blaming everything except for the shooter and the coward cops who hid outside while kids were being slaughtered.

Democrats and idiot Lefty Progressives dancing on the graves of children make me SICK.

1. The shooter was a right wing white supremacist.

2. The Republicans and NRA have been dancing on their graves. Parkland survivors call them out. Companies are disassociating from the NRA in droves.

3. Republicans cut spending on mental health treatment.

4. Republicans cut spending on school safety.

But you just keep on blaming the liberals, k?

1) The list of the deceased includes a large proportion of white people. It's pretty hard to claim race had anything to do with this.

2) I think we can agree that the NRA holds way too much political sway over many in our legislature.

3) Yeah this is the big one. As much as I admire him Ron Reagan began the process by defunding mental health initiatives and it has continued with every administration since that I can tell.

4) The article you link to even states that the proposed school funding cuts came up 2 days before the shooting. As dubious as this sounds clearly the evidence you cite has no bearing on any of the school shootings up until this point. Admittedly going forward this could certainly make things worse however.

- Mahatma Gandhi

18. Re: Bullet Train Pulls Out of CPAC Feb 26, 2018, 12:02 Prez

I added the edit i made after you had already quoted me just to make sure you read it.

EDIT: I sometimes forget that sarcasm and satire are often easy to miss in chat forums. I don't feel personally attacked.

- Mahatma Gandhi

16. Re: Bullet Train Pulls Out of CPAC Feb 26, 2018, 11:56 Prez

Beamer wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 10:20:
Prez wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 10:16:
I must apologize. I played The Division the day of and every day since the latest media- fueled sensationalized shooting. I'm am a callous bastard and I ask for your forgiveness. Though knowing how most people feel about The Division I expect there can be no forgiveness for playing it.

17 people died. There's been endless fighting over how to prevent it from happening again, since it's happening more than once per year and will almost definitely happen again very soon, and no one seems to want to take any action.

It's odd to me that this is a media problem to you. That you feel personally attacked, as well, because that's the tone of your post. I like you, Prez, but c'mon.

EDIT: I sometimes forget that sarcasm and satire are often easy to miss in chat forums. I don't feel personally attacked.

And I in turn am a little dismayed at your lack of taking what I am saying from where it is coming. You know me better (or at least longer than most here anyway).

I did not say nor mean to imply this is a media problem. Not exclusively - it is no more exclusively a media problem than it is exclusively a gun problem, a culture problem, or a mental health problem. All of those things add to make the overall issue of our cycle of mass shootings a nice shit stew. But if you don't think the media's absolutely shameful coverage after each massacre is a part of the problem at all I'm going to have to patently but respectfully disagree.

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 2018, 12:10.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: Bullet Train Pulls Out of CPAC Feb 26, 2018, 10:16 Prez

I must apologize. I played The Division the day of and every day since the latest media- fueled sensationalized shooting. I'm am a callous bastard and I ask for your forgiveness. Though knowing how most people feel about The Division I expect there can be no forgiveness for playing it.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
165. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 24, 2018, 12:08 Prez

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 24, 2018, 09:21:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 24, 2018, 02:48:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 12:24:
Prez wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 12:08:
80 posts and no one has solved this problem yet? Jeez, it's almost as if it is more complicated and nuanced than one-note, jingoistic sayings provide for. BAN GUNS/ARM THE TEACHERS/IT'S All ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH etc. Oh and by all means let's continue to belittle people who send out thoughts and prayers because they don't provide a solution immediately - the same solution that continues to elude all of the intellectual people here. I'm not a an overly smart man but I'm getting the feeling that yelling at one another after every massacre isn't accomplishing anything. Crazy I know.
Here

Ban all new gun sales for x number of years. Let's pick 10, reevaluate after x years.

Add the gun insurance/tax. $500 per gun per year.

Require Mental Health check for purchase. Check with family members and see what they think about a gun in the household.

Remove all guns from a household after one Domestic Violence incident. Require mental health review before guns can be returned.

Ban AR style assault rifles out right, they have no purpose other than to kill humans.

End the Gun Show / Garage Sale / Private sale loophole.

Ban bump stocks.
_________
Those are just a few, but we should just stick with years of thoughts and prayers, because, you know, That's been working so well.

Also penalties for not reporting a "stolen" gun (which are often then sold privately).
Add to that a 300% tax on ammo, powder, primers, shells, casings, brass, molds, reloading presses, bullet seaters, crimp dies etc...

But there is nothing we can do except watch our kids get mowed down in Algebra 1 or at concerts.
sigh

Well you already know what I think our chances are for getting meaningful gun laws that actually may have an affect in reducing the shocking frequency of these massacres through the legislature but I'll humor you...

I am all for banning bump stocks and placing huge restrictions on combat style long guns. But going forward that still leaves millions of the aforementioned guns and stocks already out in private ownership. Without a concerted Federal program mandating these be turned in this would have very limited affect given the widespread ownership in America. I just don't see that going well to put it mildly.

Mental health screenings are a tough call but I agree that more effort on this is paramount prior to or even after a person's acquisition of a firearm. Being a proponent of private ownership myself I cringe at the thought of how ham-fisted this could potentially be enforced. I have a mental health record yet I am absolutely no danger to anyone who isn't actively putting my life at risk. I don't like the idea of being disallowed from being able to defend myself because of my medical history. So I'm iffy on this one but keeping an open mind.

About your proposed taxes: a person who wants to buy a firearm for the express purpose of committing mass murder is already spending a considerable amount of money to arm up. I'm not sure an added expense would act as a deterrent. And excessive taxation could potentially price out people who live in poor, low income, high crime neighborhoods i.e. the type of people most likely to encounter a situation where they might need to defend themselves. Again, I'm on the fence with this one.

So let's say all combat style long guns get banned AND we somehow get the ones out in the wild rounded up. That still leaves handguns and hunting rifles. A person with only moderate capability with firearms can still commit massacres on the level that we are currently seeing. I hate even considering this as a hypothetical scenario but with my two glocks and a few spare clips the carnage I could cause is nauseating to think about.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2018, 00:23.

- Mahatma Gandhi

87. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 12:32 Prez

Beamer wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 12:15:
Prez wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 12:08:
80 posts and no one has solved this problem yet? Jeez, it's almost as if it is more complicated and nuanced than one-note, jingoistic sayings provide for. BAN GUNS/ARM THE TEACHERS/IT'S All ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH/ ITS THE VIDEOGAMEZ etc. Oh and by all means let's continue to belittle people who send out thoughts and prayers because they don't provide a solution immediately - the same solution that continues to elude all of the intellectual people here. I'm not a an overly smart man but I'm getting the feeling that yelling at one another after every massacre isn't accomplishing anything. Crazy I know.

Belittling the thoughts and prayersers isn't that they haven't provided a solution immediately, it's that it's 19 years since Columbine and politicians keep thinking the sole solution is "thoughts and prayers."

There's nothing immediate about 19 years.

I was talking about your everyday citizen who gets pilloried for actual public displays of compassion and consolation. Fuck politicians. They are bought and paid for by whatever lobby aligns with their personal interests. Even if they weren't, our system is broken. Nothing has changed and nothing will change at the political level. You have 19 years of evidence of that by your own estimation. As someone else stated here, anyone close to this boy could have stopped this from happening. His teachers, his guardians, his friends, his classmates. Anyone who took the time to notice he was troubled and hurting and to do something to make him a little less hurt and alone. As a national issue this is lost. As a personal issue, I see potential. I do what I can by reaching out to people who I know are hurting, lost, or alone. Have I prevented any massacres? Probably not. But you never know...

This comment was edited on Feb 23, 2018, 12:52.

- Mahatma Gandhi

81. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 12:08 Prez

80 posts and no one has solved this problem yet? Jeez, it's almost as if it is more complicated and nuanced than one-note, jingoistic sayings provide for. BAN GUNS/ARM THE TEACHERS/IT'S All ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH/ ITS THE VIDEOGAMEZ etc. Oh and by all means let's continue to belittle people who send out thoughts and prayers because they don't provide a solution immediately - the same solution that continues to elude all of the intellectual people here. I'm not a an overly smart man but I'm getting the feeling that yelling at one another after every massacre isn't accomplishing anything. Crazy I know.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > METAL GEAR SURVIVE Released
7. Re: METAL GEAR SURVIVE Released Feb 22, 2018, 15:50 Prez

Why is it in all the years survival games have been all the rage Ive seen exactly one get the mechanics right? (Don't Starve) In what universe can you die of thirst 15 minutes after drinking all you need? Hunger is handled even more stupidly in these survival games. It's amazing to me that the best survival experience in gaming is still the side activity in The Division where you get 2 hours to extract before you die of the infection you contracted at the beginning. It's a great mode. I heard The Long Dark does it well too but I never tried it.

Oh, and Zombies with unicorn horns? Hideo is probably getting a huge chuckle out of all this.

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2018, 22:34.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Remastered System Shock on Hiatus
31. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 17, 2018, 07:00 Prez

Kxmode wrote on Feb 17, 2018, 05:17:
Prez wrote on Feb 17, 2018, 00:42:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 16, 2018, 21:34:
Unity is the McDonald's of game engines. And just like McDonalds, the products produced in that engine are mostly garbage. It also gives unfocused dingalings the ability to quickly produce a dazzling demo and then beg for money. Kind of like the fancy signs homeless people create asking for money.

Clearly you have not seen the pre-alpha build they gave to Jim Sterling to run through some time back. It looked fucking fantastic and was more than just a slapped -together demo. Unity is a fine engine for developers with actual talent and skill. It's not Unit's fault that so many talentless hacks pretending to be ddevelopers use it to throw no effort garbage on Steam to make a quick buck.

That's the point. They are talent-less hacks pretending to be developers. Otherwise they wouldn't have, in their own words, lost their "focus. The vision began to change. We moved from a Remaster to a completely new game."

I think you're mistaking a lack of discipline, maturity, and business sense with a lack of talent. I'm not defending Nightdive for their fuck-up; rather I am defending Unity. Your assertion that it is easy to use it to slap together an impressive demo is incorrect. It's definitely not the equivalent of "the fancy signs homeless people create asking for money".

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Remastered System Shock on Hiatus
21. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 17, 2018, 00:42 Prez

Kxmode wrote on Feb 16, 2018, 21:34:
Unity is the McDonald's of game engines. And just like McDonalds, the products produced in that engine are mostly garbage. It also gives unfocused dingalings the ability to quickly produce a dazzling demo and then beg for money. Kind of like the fancy signs homeless people create asking for money.

Clearly you have not seen the pre-alpha build they gave to Jim Sterling to run through some time back. It looked fucking fantastic and was more than just a slapped -together demo. Unity is a fine engine for developers with actual talent and skill. It's not Unit's fault that so many talentless hacks pretending to be ddevelopers use it to throw no effort garbage on Steam to make a quick buck.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 14, 2018, 10:25 Prez

To hell with Call of Duty movies - I want Sicario 2. LOVED the first one. Emily Blunt, Brolin, and Del Toro were fucking brilliant.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media
2. Re: THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media Feb 14, 2018, 10:19 Prez

I was wondering if anyone was ever going to do anything with the Dead Island franchise. I really liked the 2 previous ones. Who Do You Voodoo BITCH?!

I've always liked THQ - they have published some great titles over the years. I was sad when they had their fire sale and fell off the radar some years back. Now if we could just get a proper Red Faction sequel.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morality Group Targets Steam
7. Re: Morality Group Targets Steam Feb 14, 2018, 09:49 Prez

Oh noes! College kids having sex at a party? Outrageous! Being able to manage a porn studio that shows literally no sex and is indistinguishable from a million other tycoon games? Horrendous! Thousands of games depicting horrific violence, torture, graphic gore and the like? Who cares. We've got to save the children from sex!

Ya gotta love these habitually offended attention seeker groups.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Get Dead Space for Free
16. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 14, 2018, 09:43 Prez

mag wrote on Feb 14, 2018, 00:18:
Simon Says wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 20:54:
Have they fixed the laggy targeting after release or was this drunken stupor sluggishness "working as intended"? It completely killed the game for me in 5 minutes flat.

I think the major thing you needed to do was disable vsync in game, and then force-enable it in the drivers. Something like that. Still no fix for the shitty fov or that having a controller or joystick plugged in completely broke the controls.

Admittedly the default FOV was nauseating but a quick .ini file line modification and I was able to play at 100 FOV. I used mouse and keyboard and it was a great experience.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Get Dead Space for Free
3. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 13, 2018, 21:09 Prez

Is this in celebration of how EA ruined the series with their stupidity and greed or how they forced Visceral to destroy their once great game then murdered them when Dead Space 3 was a flop because of its cash-grabbing cynicism?

Okay I know it's bad form to complain in a thread about a publisher giving out a free game, but... FUCK EA.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 13, 2018, 15:34 Prez

Here's hoping this is just the beginning of the greedy slimy corporate fuckwits being forced by fucking law to curb their addiction to exploiting it's customer base without limits. Fuck EA, Fuck 2K, fuck Activision/Blizzard, fuck Warner Brothers... fuck each and every one of the shameless, soulless, immoral, vile vermin who sit at the top of these behemoth publishers who make the choice to prey upon and exploit every last dime they can out of their customers. They shit on us, they shit on their employees, they shit on the once great franchises we as gamers have grown up with and have come to love. FUCK THEM.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

13815 Comments. 691 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo