Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13546 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character
1. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 10:36 Prez

This is why I've been saying that it's better not to include alternative lifestyle characters in games just for the sake of it. If you don't intimately understand the lifestyle and perspective of a type of person, you'll probably do a bad job at it. By the same token, if you have an all white male team maybe it's best you didn't include a black female character just because you feel you have to in the name of "diversity". Unless you have access to an actual black female who can give you detailed insight into her specific cultural and gender interests and challenges your depiction of her will likely come across as ham-fisted and can insult the cross section of people you were trying to make feel included.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > FlatOut 4: Total Insanity Released
3. Re: FlatOut 4: Total Insanity Released Apr 5, 2017, 14:59 Prez

From what I'm reading this a REAL Flat out game, unlike the terrible Flatout 3 or the hugely disappointing "Wreckfest" on Early Access. I'm excited.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Apr 5, 2017, 07:42 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 03:47:
Let's see, make people pay full price for a game, then have shit netcode and force them to grind for in-game currency? Why would people downvote that?

Ubisoft continually does crazy, stupid shit like this. They only learn their lessons after tons of negativity and floundering sales. Unfortunately, by then it's probably too late.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Discovery Changes Will "Fight Fake Games"
19. Re: Steam Discovery Changes Will Apr 4, 2017, 14:47 Prez

Rhett wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 13:44:
Definitely a lot of garbage on steam.. a lot of stuff I'd rather never, ever see on there (movies, novels, erotic novels/shitty ero games), but I guess those are considered "legit" compared to this.

If only Origin and Uplay didn't suck complete ass. Even if they didn't, Steam does everything better... blargh.

The strange thing is that those anime graphic novels (boobies!) sell like hotcakes based on reports I've heard about, so if I ran Steam I'd have them on there too.

And as far as alternative platforms to Steam go, while Uplay is still inferior in every way, Origin is quite good. It has infinitely better customer service than Steam and its return policy is more generous than Valve's. The download speeds are decent, and it has a really good subscription program called EA Access that gives you access to a ton of great games for a very fair monthly fee. The worst thing about Origin, to be honest, is that it is owned by EA. It's hard to just overlook the shit they have pulled over the years and still do, but that is the biggest drawback the way I see it. I prefer Steam for that reason alone.

- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: Starbreeze Publishing Psychonauts 2 Apr 4, 2017, 12:25 Prez

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 12:13:
...Sterling has shown that his position on something is based solely on how many views and Patreon dollars it gets him. He doesn't have a view of his own, it's based around what he thinks will satiate his audience the most...

Based on the hate he gets in his comments section concerning everything from review scores (9.5 for a Call of Duty game, 7 for the new Zelda, etc) to his calling out entitled gaming "manboys" who go ape shit over different things, to taking the "SJW" stance on many topics (not that I disagree), I'd venture to say he isn't very interested in satiating anyone. You can argue that this type of stuff is "click bait" material, but really can't that be said about anyone taking a strong stance on anything in new media? Everyone on YouTube and Twitch need views to survive.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Cheat Maker Owes Blizzard $8.5M
7. Re: Prey in May Apr 4, 2017, 12:16 Prez

rawbelly wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 11:00:
That number had to have hurt, getting pulled out their butt and whatnot.

Actually from what I've read it was $200 per verified cheat sold for Blizzard games.

I have no idea if they will ever actually be forced to pay but I sure hope that a way is found to make them so these miserable fucks go out of business.

- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Steam Discovery Changes Will Apr 4, 2017, 10:13 Prez

I used to hate Jim Sterling - back when he basically called PC gamers entitled, whiny pirates (okay, admittedly many are...) back when he was with Destructoid. But he's definitely grown as a games critic and is mighty entertaining now. I watch every Jimquisition video and enjoy them immensely, even when I disagree with him.

I've followed TB for years now. He can be a self-righteous arrogant ass sometimes but his critiques of gaming are almost always spot on.

The Jim Sterling video is short and worth watching if you want a quick synopsis of what the meeting at Valve was about. The TB one is longer (over an hour) but covers the new initiatives by Valve to improve Steam in much more detail.

With close to 3 million subscribers and many millions of views combined TB and Jim Sterling are the most notable outspoken critics of Steam ( and they have been very critical) so they were the obvious choices for such a meeting.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 30, 2017, 14:47 Prez

Creston wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 13:41:
Prez wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 10:47:
Your privacy online is the same as it was yesterday

Yep.

Non-existent.

Pretty much, unless you live off the grid.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Witcher Sells 25M Copies
24. Re: The Witcher Sells 25M Copies Mar 30, 2017, 14:38 Prez

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 13:04:
Prez wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 10:51:
Definitely well deserved. I will say I was disappointed with the Witcher 2 - the story was weak and the boss battles were frickin' frustrating - but I loved the first and third. The Witcher 3 is the best RPG I've ever played.

Letho of Gulet is still one of my favorite characters of all time. Which is why I think Witcher 2 was amazing.

Oh definitely. The characters were all incredibly interesting, particularly Letho.I let him live at the end because I totally empathized with his cause. The story in 2 was what disappointed me, or maybe the way it was told.

- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: The Witcher Sells 25M Copies Mar 30, 2017, 11:30 Prez

I've wanted to read the Witcher stories for some time but haven't done it yet. Are the English translation books hard to find?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Plans
4. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 11:09 Prez

Verno wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 11:05:
Prez wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 10:54:
Having read that the initial reports of the game's problems were blown completely out of proportion, I can say that I'm back to wanting this game. Hopefully by the time I finish ME 3 Andromeda will be discounted.

I don't know, I've played it and I think the games problems are pretty much in line with initial reports. I hear a lot of stuff from franchise fans that the critics were too harsh and yadda yadda but I think pretty much every criticism in the reviews I read were spot on. Enough so that I decided to wait it out for patches and polish.

You can already get this 25% off on several sites so it's going to be at least half off in no time and with some patches will be an even better deal. Do yourself a favor though and take a break after ME3 so you go into it with an open mind

Oh I'm sure they are; I was more making the point that the game's confirmed problems don't make the entire package a pile of shit as was the theme of early reports.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 30, 2017, 11:03 Prez

Huge Crowdfunded Project 'Star Citizen' Gets Negative Articles Scrubbed From Web

The headline should read "We Assume That Huge Crowdfunded Project 'Star Citizen' Gets Negative Articles Scrubbed From Web"

They really hav nothing to go on but an identical press release by both CIG and The Escapist as to why the articles were taken down.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Plans
2. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 10:54 Prez

Having read that the initial reports of the game's problems were blown completely out of proportion, I can say that I'm back to wanting this game. Hopefully by the time I finish ME 3 Andomeda will be discounted.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: The Witcher Sells 25M Copies Mar 30, 2017, 10:51 Prez

Definitely well deserved. I will say I was disappointed with the Witcher 2 - the story was weak and the boss battles were frickin' frustrating - but I loved the first and third. The Witcher 3 is the best RPG I've ever played.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 30, 2017, 10:47 Prez

Your privacy online is the same as it was yesterday

Yep.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease
21. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 30, 2017, 10:24 Prez

It seems that the first EA Battlefront was critically panned for being dull and cynically exploitative of consumers, yet the fucking thing sold upwards of 15 million copies, so expect the same garbage this time around.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 30, 2017, 10:07 Prez

With everything that has been revealed in the past several years about data collection is there anyone who believes there is any "privacy" on the internet?

With the Patriot Act being a thing, (that I might point out was not only NOT repealed by the previous adminstration, but expanded upon massively...) isn't it apparent that there really isn't any privacy to be had in the modern digital age?

That's not to say I'm happy about it, but I'm realistic. When Congress and Adminstrations of both parties run rampant over people's rights, I don't see any reason to single out this one thing and suddenly be concerned.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Brothers in Arms WW2 Return Planned?
5. Re: Brothers in Arms WW2 Return Planned? Mar 30, 2017, 09:36 Prez

Pitchford really needs to STFU. He can't help but to say something incredibly stupid every time he opens his mouth. I absolutely love the Borderlands series but I am under no illusions that Pitchford is anything other than a charlatan con man.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Mar 26, 2017, 15:35 Prez

Well we live in an age where unpopular opinions can be labeled hate speech. I have no use for Breitbart but from what I've seen their opinions are often extreme, but "hate speech"? Nah.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Destiny 2 in September?
2. Re: Destiny 2 in September? Mar 23, 2017, 09:51 Prez

I'm down with that. I Hope it does actually come to PC. 60 FPS please if it does though.

- Mahatma Gandhi

13546 Comments. 678 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo