Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 14087 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GOG.com Tweet Backlash
32. Re: GOG.com Tweet Backlash Jul 19, 2018, 17:55 Prez

Beamer wrote on Jul 19, 2018, 17:20:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 19, 2018, 16:41:
Cutter wrote on Jul 19, 2018, 11:48:
Drazula wrote on Jul 19, 2018, 11:30:
Extreme left and extreme right are both nuts. Most of us live in the middle and are capable of seeing both sides of most issues.

Thank you. The lack of common sense and flexibility in both those groups will be the undoing of us all.
When one side suggests Italian for dinner, and the other side suggests anthrax and tire irons, how do you find common ground?

Ketchupy steak!

Laugh all you want, but I guarantee that everyone here given a choice between eating anthrax and tire irons or a steak covered with ketchup you'd all go for that Heinz-laden beef. CHECKMATE ATHEISTS.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GOG.com Tweet Backlash
10. Re: GOG.com Tweet Backlash Jul 19, 2018, 11:53 Prez

How does an image symbolizing pissing on game journalism equate to Gamergate exactly? Seems quite a stretch. Like Stretch Armstrong levels of stretching. What a pathetic attempt at relevance through deliberate misinformation by VG247. I'll continue to happily use GOG and continue to happily ignore tabloid drama queen sites like VG247.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
16. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 19, 2018, 09:42 Prez

I'm not saying that I don't agree that anything related to garbage person Alex Jones should be outright banned from Facebook, but it makes me wonder - with Google being a private company as Facebook is, do people also feel that Google has an ethical and moral obligation to block links to his garbage as well? Or 9/11 truthers? Or Flat-Earthers? Holocaust Deniers? As much as I don't like blatant lies being consumed as truth by the intellectually challenged masses, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with that. The obvious question would be where is the line drawn?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Xaviant Resumes The Culling; Culls The Culling 2
8. Re: Xaviant Resumes The Culling; Culls The Culling 2 Jul 19, 2018, 08:11 Prez

It's basically calling "Do-over!" like when we were kids. I am curious to see if the disillusioned community (that vastly downvoted the sequel) that grew around the early iteration of the original is willing to come back.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
109. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 18, 2018, 20:54 Prez

Beamer wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 18:34:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 17:41:
Beamer wrote on Jul 17, 2018, 11:17:
Prez wrote on Jul 17, 2018, 10:57:
Full disclosure - as a child in NYC I used to put ketchup on my steak.

Whatever, Barron.
I doubt Barron has the ability or skill set to pour his own ketchup. His steak is already sauced and pre-cut in bite size pieces by the time he gets it.

He's what, 12? I'm sure he's a fine kid. I doubt he'll be a fine adult, given what the others became, but at 12, he seems well enough.

He is, however, the only kid living in NYC that ketchups his steak, so I strongly suspect Prez is him from the future, come back in time to hide from the shame his name has become!

I will not dignify such a wild theory with a response. If I hear any more talk about this, I will disintegrate you with my Orgasmatron Death Ray that I brought back with me. I will make America circa 2250 Great Again!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
1. Uncharted, The Amazing Spiderman 2 and Thor- God of Thunder running in 4K on the PC thanks to RPCS3 Jul 18, 2018, 11:49 Prez

I can't imagine Sony will let this pass, ... unless the PS3 emulator only works with legal copies? Even then, platform holders tend to be possessive of their platform exclusive franchises.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Politicians to Livestream Games on Twitch
2. Re: Politicians to Livestream Games on Twitch Jul 18, 2018, 11:35 Prez

I'd like to see Ted Cruz play Doom actually...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
36. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 18, 2018, 11:29 Prez

You have impotent fools like DangerDog who downplay every bit of evidence, but won't admit that the real truth is that they don't care. Their guy won, it doesn't matter to them how it was done.

Well, despite the fact aggressive apathy to all things political certainly precludes me being labeled conservative under any definition of the word any longer, I still can admit I literally don't care. But if I had to post my thoughts on the matter...
1) Politicians do illegal things all the time - it's a given, practically expected, in our current political system.
2) Trump would have beaten Hillary with or without Russia's help, because that's just the world we live in.
3) It hardly matters in the grand scheme of things who is in the White House. Nothing of any import ever changes or ever will change except what kind of lowest common denominator-focused spin you get in the news.

By and large, no one else cares either (except for the inexplicably energized political activists on both sides, and no one but their fellow zealots pays them any mind) so I feel like I'm in decent company.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Fear the Wolves Early Access Delayed
2. Re: Fear the Wolves Early Access Delayed Jul 18, 2018, 08:06 Prez

How disappointing! There are so few battle royale games currently!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

101. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 17, 2018, 10:57 Prez

Full disclosure - as a child in NYC I used to put ketchup on my steak.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
33. Re: etc. Jul 17, 2018, 10:24 Prez

So Blue Whale is a fake like Blue Waffle?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

98. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 17, 2018, 10:20 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Jul 16, 2018, 20:26:
This thread has really gone off the rails...

Well, it's a damn Star Citizen thread! How can you be surprised? But I love theae threads - so much entertainment for free*!

*Not counting the $200 million in backer money that led to this shitshow, but none of it's mine!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
31. Re: etc. Jul 17, 2018, 09:23 Prez

To an adult of sound mind and in good mental health it's easy to feel incredulous (and even callous) that anyone would go along with this. Therein lies the inherent lack of understanding however; an adult of sound mind and in good mental health simply lacks the natural ability to relate to a troubled child with mental health issues.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
1. "Blue Whale" game suicides Jul 16, 2018, 10:24 Prez

Okay, that Blue Whale game suicide story is so freaking disturbing on so many levels. Not the least of which it seems identical to the plot of a movie I saw about an internet game mind-controlling people into killing themselves.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

66. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 16, 2018, 09:27 Prez

wtf_man wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 20:05:
I kissed my $20 (or was it $25?... I can't even remember anymore) good bye a long time ago.

Unfortunately, that is the risk you take with a kickstarter game.

If you pledged a shitload and bought a bunch of ships... well... you're a dumbass.

/shrug

I'd have to say I agree with this; I remember when I backed a "spiritual successor" to the first Rainbow 6 by one of the "developers" of the original (turns out he was an artist or something...). It was called 'Project Takedown' or something like that and it was absolutely terrible - I've played 99 cent Unity asset flips that were better. I didn't blame anyone but myself, and chalked my $20 up to being my personal "stupid tax". Anyone who backed Star Citizen as a kickstarer is in the same boat - you took a gamble and lost. Accept that this is your "Stupid tax" (we've all paid it in life, many of us more than once), learn from it, and move on. Kickstarter makes it clear that refunds are only available if and when the project isn't funded in 30 days, which obviously wasn't the case with SC.

The argument can be made that much of SC's funding was paid to CIG after the kickstarter was already completed, which is indeed valid, but they did deliver something, and funders have been playing it, so I don't see that going anywhere in court. As far as precedent goes, I'd say there is some already - the lawsuit against Gearbox for the blatant lies told about Aliens Colonial Marines was thrown out of court, and I'd argue that that game was the poster boy of products not delivering on what was promised far more so than in SC's case in my opinion.

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2018, 10:16.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: Re: How ‘Fortnite’ Became the Most Popular Video Game on Earth… Jul 16, 2018, 09:02 Prez

They mean 'most popular game currently' I think. At one time 'The Sims' was the most popular game on earth, but isn't anymore.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Overwatch Toxicity Waning
9. Re: Overwatch Toxicity Waning Jul 14, 2018, 19:13 Prez

I still immediately mute all voice and block anyone in text chat who says anything more than "Hello". Okay, so it makes team coordination hard, but the experience is much better overall. I couldn't give a rat's ass about endorsements.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > A Typo Broke Aliens Colonial Marines AI?
19. Re: A Typo Broke Aliens Colonial Marines AI? Jul 14, 2018, 19:09 Prez

If the AI had been the only problen with this game then this would have been a much bigger deal. Still, if the bad AI was what you hated the most from the original release, this patch does make it markedly better.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 14, 2018, 19:06 Prez

#FucKonami  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
27. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 13, 2018, 23:10 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 20:50:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 19:29:
Brad L wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 15:42:
I can't help but feel that BluesNews is pushing for the ban of InfoWars on Facebook. Please don't mix my hobby of gaming with politics. Only bad things will come from it.

You are certainly free to stay out of political discussion here an stick to whatever echo chamber you are most comfortable with. We talk about all manner of things here besides gaming.
We also limit our political discussions to either OotB, where all topics are welcome, or a thread like this one with a relevant story.

Well, not always.

But, yeah, Alex Jones is just a garbage person. I'm kind of glad he exists though - knowing who watches/listens to him is a quick way for me to identify who not to engage in anything beyond incidental conversation.

- Mahatma Gandhi

14087 Comments. 705 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo