Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 14038 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month
13. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 10, 2018, 08:58 Prez

I am glad it is coming to PC, even if it is way late. If history is any indication, I'd say that modders will fix any weird port issues like frame rate caps within the first week, if not the first 24 hours.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat
76. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 7, 2018, 07:46 Prez

I used "white-knighting" twice, and I stand by it. Anyone who defends a despicable a person who so readily plays the victim while berating and insulting a customer who was only trying to engage in polite discussion (and who previously celebrated the death of industry legend John Bain) while chalking the backlash up to white privileged misogynists is doing exactly that. Or, if you prefer, I can just say that they are being complete and utter assholes. I figured "white knight" sounded better. You can make sweeping claims about the use of terminology all you like; sorry but you don't control the narrative, as much as you'd like to.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

50. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 6, 2018, 17:42 Prez

Eirikrautha wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 17:29:
loomy wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 17:01:
> What other choice does ArenaNet have here?

the company can do whatever it wants. the question to grapple with is why thousands of people brigaded to get two people fired. was it really because they were fighting for the justice of men who are abused on twitter?

Who brigaded to get her fired at Paizo?

Why is so important to you that she be in the right here (even when she obviously isn't)? Rather than worry about the motivation of internet anons, why don't you take a moment to contemplate your own...?

Because self-loathing white-knighters can't accept that a woman can be a despicable person too. It's only the oh-so privileged white guys who can't see beyond the noses on their faces at fault.

- Mahatma Gandhi

35. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 6, 2018, 15:15 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 14:51:
Pigeon wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 13:13:
There could always be more to the story, but that was a pretty hostile reply to a seemingly innocuous comment. She assumed he was correcting her, as opposed to trying to hold a discussion, and assumed this was being done because of her gender. I can not state this often enough, feelings are not facts, if you have a strong emotional reaction to something it's probably a good idea to take some time and figure why as opposed to reacting.

On the other hand, a dog that has been beaten often will flinch when you go to pet it.

Sorry but that is a lame defense. We are people, not animals. Past experiences do not excuse current bad behavior. If they did, I could get away for all kinds of heinous shit. A lot of us could. The world doesn't work that way.

- Mahatma Gandhi

20. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 6, 2018, 13:48 Prez

The second part of her post is just condescending and unprofessional. The first part is plain despicable. This in my view is done specifically to render any and all further criticism moot by playing the victim card. I'm all for gender and race equality in gaming, but this is what happens when pandering to a specific group or class goes too far, as it has in gaming. The current sentiment of the climate is weaponized for the benefit of the "oppressed and marginalized". It's a cowardly way of disarming detractors by unfairly portaying anyone who criticizes as one of the victimizers. White Knight Crusaders Eurogamer and Kotaku will be all over this and make it about gender when it is clearly not nor ever was.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > New Twitch Prime Freebies
2. Re: New Twitch Prime Freebies Jul 3, 2018, 13:53 Prez

Qube 2 is a helluva giveaway considering how relatively new - and highly rated - it is.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Shenmue I and II Next Month
1. Re: Shenmue I and II Next Month Jul 3, 2018, 13:51 Prez

A port is fine - IF it is a good port and not a copy and paste with tons of problems  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Turtle Rock Making Competitive FPS Sequel
12. Re: Turtle Rock Making Competitive FPS Sequel Jul 2, 2018, 14:00 Prez

• Creston wrote on Jul 2, 2018, 13:36:
    I was wondering what Turtle Rock had even DONE since L4D2, and then you guys mentioned Evolve, and I snickered at the thought of these guys taking on a AAA globally known game franchise.

Unless they're just talking about Evolve 2.

Evolve was a cynical, greed-driven, DLC-laden, content-starved shitshow when it first released. I tend to blame the publisher, 2K Games, more than Turtle Rock for the decision to make it that way. Once Turtle Rock fixed the game up and released it as F2P Evolve Stage 2, however, it was a really fun game. I remember reading that the player count rose something like 25000% the week of Stage 2's release. The game's future looked bright. Then 2K decided to pull Turtle Rock off the project completely and ceased all funding. Had 2K not been douchebags Evolve could have -ahem- evolved into a great game with a healthy sustained player base. An Evolve 2 done correctly (i.e. built as an actual fucking game and not a cynical storefront with some gameplay attached) could be something really special.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Turtle Rock Making Competitive FPS Sequel
    1. Re: Turtle Rock Making Competitive FPS Sequel Jul 2, 2018, 10:50 Prez

Evolve 2?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
    7. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Jun 30, 2018, 17:07 Prez

Couple of differences that I see - while the license is back with Tolkien Enterprises, EA still owns the game and its title (afaik anyway -I can't find anywhere that says it was ever acquired by anyone else). Mods for an existing game would mean the users own an original copy (though likely a large portion of the community pirated it), while recreating a game in its entirety seems like a very different animal. Also Warner Bros owns the license to make videogames using the LOTR license (though I don't know if its exclusive) so while they may not care about mods for a game made before they had the license, they might care about what is essentially a new game using a license they currently own. Admittedly I'm no copyright lawyer so this is just one man's opinion.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
    4. Re: Fans Are Remaking LOTR: The Battle for Middle-earth Using Unreal Engine 4 Jun 30, 2018, 12:40 Prez

I have both games on disc around here somewhere... Anyway the first was way too basic and limited, but the second one was a solid and engaging fantasy RTS made cooler by the LOTR wrapper. I can't imagine this ever being allowed to be completed, and I highly doubt any publisher, much less Warner Bros, would be the least bit interested in putting resources into an RTS.

EDIT: Found them! Says they are EA games.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video
    24. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video Jun 29, 2018, 20:24 Prez

I was stunned by how bad the E3 presentation of Anthem was, but in all seriousness that game will probably still come out on or near its announced release time (1st quarter 2019 iirc?) Squadron 42 doesn't even have a schedule as far as I can tell, so who knows.

I definitely get a sense of edginess from Bioware about Anthem, whereas the Bioware of old always had an air of confidence and even a bit of swagger. I get the feeling that the current devs feel that Bioware lives or dies based on how well Anthem does. EA is the game studio serial killer after all.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video
    21. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video Jun 29, 2018, 18:56 Prez

Well to be fair it was still better than the Anthem presentation at E3.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Overwatch Wrecking Ball Details
    6. Re: Overwatch Wrecking Ball Details Jun 29, 2018, 10:15 Prez

This sounds like a hoot! Overwatch definitely needed another tank, and I love the silliness of this.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Overwatch Patched - CTF Disabled
    3. Re: Overwatch Patched - CTF Disabled Jun 26, 2018, 21:02 Prez

As a solo queuer the game can be quite brutal at times actually. Overwatch accentuates team cohesion heavily over individual skill (although a highly skilled Genji, Tracer, or Hanzo can still dominate a match) and along with that team composition supersedes team skill most of the time. A highly skilled team can easily lose to an average skilled team full of hard counter heroes. I like Overwatch because I'm only average at best and have terrible reaction times but as long as I play smart, know the heroes' strengths and weaknesses, and work with the team I can have a positive impact and help the team win. Not a lot of other team based shooters I've played can do that.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
    5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 26, 2018, 20:45 Prez

Unless it is a mouse that is the same as all of the competitors use, it's cheating. Ideally everyone should be using the exact same hardware.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Overwatch Tease and PotG Patent
    2. Re: Overwatch Tease and PotG Patent Jun 26, 2018, 14:52 Prez

I imagine that other games can and will do it, just be unable to call it Play of the Game or POTG.

And given how new Overwatch heroes have been lately, this new rolley ball will be way overpowered and have an uninterruptible stun...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2018, 10:35 Prez

Sucks about Paul. Dude was a really good drummer and an awesome guy. Even dying as young as he did he lived life to the fullest and enjoyed all of it (minus the whole seeing his brother brutally murdered on stage anyway). Which is more than can be said about a lot of people who live much longer. Rock on brother! \m/ \m/  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Black Mesa Status
    5. Re: Black Mesa Status Jun 22, 2018, 14:41 Prez

Never understood all the hate for Xen - I thought it was cool and offered a nice finale to a great experience. I expect everything to be different when my hero steps through a portal to an alien dimension.

As far as Black Mesa goes its been in development forever but it will still be completed before Star Citizen. Possibly the sequel based on the Half Life 3 engine will as well.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
    1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 20, 2018, 08:59 Prez

Normally I'd say it shouldn't be too hard to lhre disenchanted Youtube content creators away, but it's Facebook, so I'm not so sure.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

14038 Comments. 702 pages. Viewing page 7.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo