Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 14255 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 14, 2019, 11:09 Prez

I agree that the loot box ban bill has no chance of passing, but Pachter's statement against it is bizarre. He is apparently focusing on the "pay-to-win" verbage of the bill, saying that a ban on 'pay to win microtransactions is ridiculous'. Which it would be, were that what the bill was trying to do. It is aiming to curb predatory gambling tactics aimed to get players (in this case, players under 18) spending an unhealthy amount of money through compulsion and addiction. The bill itself is indeed worded poorly - What do you expect from out of touch old guys in power - but from what I can see Pachter completely missed the point on this one.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rage 2 Reviews
23. Re: Rage 2 Reviews May 13, 2019, 15:35 Prez

Kain wrote on May 13, 2019, 15:28:
No worries, I was more concerned that I somehow missed out on Sony finally letting some of their exclusive PS4 games come to the PC

As much as I'd love that, I don't think it will ever happen. Games like God of War and Spiderman sell consoles. They'd lose some of that without exclusivity. I'm constantly jealous of consoles these days because the majority of the great big budget singleplayer experiences are either Nintendo or Sony console exclusives.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Executioner in July
1. Re: The Executioner in July May 13, 2019, 12:25 Prez

This is one of the rare times where I may have to pass on a game purely on its theme. I don't mind the game existing, I applaud the exploration of something so rarely touched on in games in fact. But I'm not sure I can personally handle role-playing the part of someone who tortures and executes people he never met before. I suppose if the accused are suitably vile criminals then maybe...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Rage 2 Reviews
13. Re: Rage 2 Reviews May 13, 2019, 12:18 Prez

ForgedReality wrote on May 13, 2019, 10:19:
No thanks. Any game that has "review embargoes" is of no interest to me. Not at least until some real players review it, instead of paid shills.

It's not so much an embargo as an early review copy ban. You might remember Bethesda saying about its DOOM 2016 release that it was doing away with early release copies for games press. I think they said at best reviewers would get a review copy a day or two before release at best if I'm remembering correctly. I particularly remember this because everyone took this as a sign that DOOM 2016 was going to suck, but it instead turned out pretty great.

As far as Denuvo goes, it used to be that developers would remove it once there was a crack by pirates released to the wild so I didn't mind as I thought that was a fair tradeoff. More and more however, it's being left in, once again ensuring pirates get the best experience. The industry seems to never learn.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint?
21. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 13, 2019, 09:41 Prez

So no RDR1 on PC? Is there a continuation of a story in RDR2? Or is it completely new for the sequel?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse May 10, 2019, 08:34 Prez

YouTube celebrities are rarely prepared for their fame and fortune, and stuff like this is all-too-often the result. I'm not too hung up on the age thing - using your celebrity status to coerce any young person into doing this stuff is gross across the board, underage or barely legal. Of course, the underage part does certainly matter on the legal front, which means there could potentially be serious ramifications for ProJared.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Protecting Children from Abusive Games Act
25. Re: Protecting Children from Abusive Games Act May 9, 2019, 09:44 Prez

Simon Says wrote on May 9, 2019, 08:59:
jdreyer wrote on May 8, 2019, 20:23:
Introduced by a Republican? Wha...?

* Googles rep *

...And yes, I agree with others here, this shouldn't be framed as somethihng about kids, but as a general psychological manipulation issue. But if we go down that road, we'll have to talk about "real" gambling too... Decisions, decisions...

"Real" gambling is already regulated. The onus was and still is on the game industry to show some restraint and self-regulate the gambling mechanics they put in their games. Thus far they have utterly failed to do so. There's still time though; with the tables slanted so far in the favor of corporate entities in our government and justice system, it is likely this bill will fail. But it still serves notice to game publishers that their shenanigans have not gone unnoticed by governing bodies here in the US.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > STAR WARS Battlefront (Classic, 2004) on GOG.com and Steam
6. Re: STAR WARS Battlefront (Classic, 2004) on GOG.com and Steam May 2, 2019, 18:48 Prez

Good memories with this one. Played dozens of hours with my kids. From a time before EA and Disney teamed up to utterly destroy the franchise. Back then the worst we had to contend with was Jar Jar. Funny that doesn't seem so bad by comparison.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
9. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 22, 2019, 14:51 Prez

I assume that this game is mouse-only?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Chris Roberts on Fixing Anthem
60. Re: Chris Roberts on Fixing Anthem Apr 22, 2019, 13:39 Prez

Slashman wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 11:13:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 11:10:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2019, 03:20:
Steele Johnson wrote on Apr 21, 2019, 22:09:
Yes, if EA didn’t have such a long history of douchebaggery, then yeah, maybe more gamers would buy their games. That’s how it works. Thanks for pointing it out, captain obvious.

It's not by accident that you win "Worst Company in the World" two years running, and remain in the top 10 to this day.

To be fair it was only "Worst Company in America" .

I'm not sure that is all that comforting...

It's like the old joke says:

"Why was EA voted worst company in America? Because Ubisoft is in Europe".

To be fair though, while Ubsisoft is certainly awash in its fair share of corporate sleaze, they are far and away better than EA in my view.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Chris Roberts on Fixing Anthem
49. Re: Chris Roberts on Fixing Anthem Apr 22, 2019, 06:27 Prez

First of all, EA does fuck most of its games up. Even ignoring how shit of a company EA is and has been for years, their track record is abysmal. With the notable exception of Battlefield 1, the last several releases by EA have been garbage. Then they fuck things up worse with their greed-driven monetization bullshit.

Secondly, gamers expectations are based on the hype the developer/publisher spits out. It's not gamers' fault that the Anthem gameplay trailer at E3 was complete fabrication and reflected almost nothing that the final game would ship with. Nor is it gamers' fault that the game shipped with an itterly broken reward/progression system and an absurdly small amount of content.

Thirdly, this is nothing but a roundabout way for Roberts to try to walk back his own unrealistic hype for Star Citizen (the game he said would ship in 2014). When SC finally does ship and inevitably disappoints gamers who expected what he promised this excuse will be revisited.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Rune: Ragnarok This Year
1. Re: Rune: Ragnarok This Year Apr 20, 2019, 16:14 Prez

Human Head Studios released a 3rd person hack and slash Viking game named Rune in 2000 but there's no mention of this being a remake. It must be however.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Valve Skin Gambling Lawsuit
15. Re: Valve Skin Gambling Lawsuit Apr 16, 2019, 14:54 Prez

While I agree that Valve has been running unsanctioned, unregulated online gambling for years now, they'll likely beat this lawsuit because loot box and weapon skin gambling did not start falling under the international legal definition of gambling until only recently (as in Belgium and the Netherlands) and technically still doesn't in the US. I would love for that to change though; this crap is a cancer on gaming.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > PC OCTOPATH TRAVELER in June
2. Re: PC OCTOPATH TRAVELER in June Apr 15, 2019, 20:56 Prez

YES!!!!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in November
29. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in November Apr 14, 2019, 11:47 Prez

I want to be excited. I really do. But... EA.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Into the Black
21. Re: Into the Black Apr 13, 2019, 00:53 Prez

sliv wrote on Apr 12, 2019, 23:18:

For the love of it, save the $12, please...

Star Wars was my childhood growing up. I had seen A New Hope 8 times by the time I was 7 in 1977. I made my parents pay me my allowance in Star Wars action figures. My room was painted to look like the Death Star interior. I asked my parents buy me a dozen X-Wing and Tie Fighter toys and stormtrooper and rebel soldier figures as Xmas and birthday gifts because I wanted to reenact the epic space and ground battles and only one of each wouldn't cut it. At Halloween every year the question was "which Star Wars character as you going as this year?"

If you think that all that I lost with the utterly horrible, shameful handling of the seminal iconic characters ALONE on Disney's watch is $12 then I don't even know where to start.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: Into the Black Apr 12, 2019, 21:40 Prez

Creston wrote on Apr 12, 2019, 18:31:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 12, 2019, 17:15:
I wonder if star wars fans are still excited for these?

Not really, but seeing Lando one more time, I gotta admit, was pretty smile-inducing. Of course, they're just gonna fucking kill him, so...

Why wasn't every battle spaceships lightspeed jumping into each other with droids? I mean it can obliterate a capital ship with next to nothing.

Because everything in the 'science' of the Star Wars universe literally says that what they did is impossible. The very existence of Interdictor ships makes what they did impossible.

And then ignore the fact that even IF it was possible, the explosion they showed was roughly a magnitude of several quadrillion times too small. That explosion should have super-nova'd that system and hard-irradiated all life within several dozens lightyears.

To me it was more the "Here's Snoke! Major Evil bad guy! What's he gonna... oooh GOTCHA! Subverted your expectations, he's dead!"

"Here's Rey, who are her parents? They must be some powerful Jedi, seeing as how she's more powerful than even Anakin was, right? GOTCHA! They're nobodies!"

"Here's Luke, he's gonna come back and be awesome and .... GOTCHA! He's a whiny bitch now, because at one point his nephew was tempted by the Dark Side, you know, like what happens with every single fucking Jedi."

"Finn's going to sacrifice himself for his friends, and be a hero and ... GOTCHA! NOPE!"

"Epic battle between Luke and Kylo and... GOTCHA! NOPE!" (and why the FUCK did Kylo just not FEEL that Luke wasn't there? He can feel Rey halfway across the fucking galaxy, but not Luke?)

God what a fucking turd of a movie. Fuck Rian whateverthefuckhisnameis with a dull, rusty lightsaber.

There were so many things wrong with The Last Jedi that I could write a 100-page thesis on it, or do a dissertation that would end up longer than the movie itself. Rarely do I get angry at a bad movie; maybe letdown, frustrated, annoyed, but hardly ever angry. The Last Jedi pissed me the fuck off.

This comment was edited on Apr 12, 2019, 22:30.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > More from Tim Sweeney on the Epic Games Store
30. Re: More from Tim Sweeney on the Epic Games Store Apr 11, 2019, 12:37 Prez

chickenboo wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 11:13:
I'm as against Epic exclusives as much as the rest of you but damn this news is getting stale and old, and these comment threads (here, Reddit, elsewhere) rehash the same talking points endlessly.

Yeah I'm totally against Epic Store 3rd party exclusives but I've said my peace on it - there's really nothing more to be said I don't think. I don't trust Tencent and don't want to be connected to them in any way but spying? Nah.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Videogames Instead of Pills Apr 10, 2019, 16:06 Prez

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 10, 2019, 15:16:
Prez wrote on Apr 10, 2019, 13:24:
They need to create a game that will prevent Measles outbreaks.
They already have, it's called Vaccinate Your kids Ya Fricken Morans and it has coop and mp modes.

Will the VR version make me sick though?

(See what I did there?)

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Videogames Instead of Pills Apr 10, 2019, 13:24 Prez

They need to create a game that will prevent Measles outbreaks.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

14255 Comments. 713 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo