Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 14035 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Physics Trailer
18. Re: Star Citizen Physics Trailer Oct 19, 2018, 15:29 Prez

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 19, 2018, 13:17:
Looks cool, I look forward to playing the single player version of this game in 2042 or so.

All these haters will eat crow when that happens and it turns out awesome. At least those of us who haven't died of old age by then.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Star Citizen Physics Trailer Oct 19, 2018, 12:46 Prez

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 19, 2018, 10:12:
Are the days of having a dedicated card for physics a thing of the past? Or did those days ever exist, except for the <1% quad-sli rich hardware geek.

I know Nvidia has physics processing on its cards; they have for a while. Not sure about AMD.

At least I THINK that's what 'GPU-accelerated PhysX' means. It has been a listed feature on all Nvidia cards since the 8 series.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

13. Re: Star Citizen Physics Trailer Oct 19, 2018, 12:43 Prez

YAY! A Star Citizen thread! I was afraid my Friday was going to be boring!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 19, 2018, 10:57 Prez

From the 'Economics and the Art of Maintenance' article:

...But in fact, as he pointed out, repairing things is often trickier than making them....

As a dedicated industrial maintenance tech for the majority of my adult life I wholeheartedly agree with this article and the above quote in partucular. A device, machine, or system is designed and built once, but it is maintained and repaired by skilled technicians for years, sometimes decades afterwards.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Interviews
27. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 19, 2018, 10:30 Prez

Beamer wrote on Oct 19, 2018, 09:14:
Prez wrote on Oct 19, 2018, 08:56:
I don't personally think protagonists in media need to be likeable or relatable. With the popularity of cult classics like 'Pulp Fiction', 'From Dusk til Dawn' and 'The Devil's Rejects' it seems movies about despicable bad guys can be compelling entertainment. I also don't understand why simply because Nazi atrocities actually happened that any media portraying a Nazi protagonist is off limits but maybe that's just me.

As an aside, Jurgen Prochnow, while not specifically a nazi in the movie, was undeniably a sympathetic and honorable protagonist as the WW2 German U-Boat captain in 'Das Boot', one of my favorite films of all time.

Disagreed. People loved the protagonists of Pulp Fiction - you still see them as Halloween costumes. Tell me one person didn't think that Samuel L Jackson was an awesome badass in it. And people really enjoyed George Clooney as the bad guy with heart (and no one liked Tarantino as the idiot bad guy.) And no one liked The Devil's Rejects (ha!), but even that gave motivation and reason to identify with the protagonists.

But that's what I was saying - protagonists don't need to be sympathetic, honorable, or relatable for them to be part of great entertainment. Of course Sam Jackson was awesome in Pulp Fiction (he's awesome in virtually everything), which illustrates that even otherwise unsavory people (he was a sociopathic hit man in Pulp Fiction mind you) can make awesome protagonists with the right people to bring that story to life. Which brings me back around to Nazis. That's a topic I wouldn't mind seeing explored in gaming. Not specifically that many were loathsome and sadistic - everyone by now knows that- but that even human monsters are complex and multifaceted - it's one reason why many people find serial killer documentaries so interesting.

This comment was edited on Oct 19, 2018, 17:07.

- Mahatma Gandhi

22. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 19, 2018, 08:56 Prez

I don't personally think protagonists in media need to be likeable or relatable. With the popularity of cult classics like 'Pulp Fiction', 'From Dusk til Dawn' and 'The Devil's Rejects' it seems movies about despicable bad guys can be compelling entertainment. I also don't understand why simply because Nazi atrocities actually happened that any media portraying a Nazi protagonist is off limits but maybe that's just me.

As an aside, Jurgen Prochnow, while not specifically a nazi in the movie, was undeniably a sympathetic and honorable protagonist as the WW2 German U-Boat captain in 'Das Boot', one of my favorite films of all time.

This comment was edited on Oct 19, 2018, 09:09.

- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 18, 2018, 17:23 Prez

Does Rockstar have to make apologies or clarifications for each Grand Theft Auto villain protagonist that sees you committimg what are very often vile crimes? No? So why then does DICE have to nervously explain themselves and shy away from using the word 'Nazi' in their game? Lean into that shit - playing as a Nazi could be very interesting.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 17, 2018, 13:12 Prez

Beamer wrote on Oct 17, 2018, 12:18:
Cutter wrote on Oct 17, 2018, 10:45:
Advertisers/marketers live in their own little world. A world where they think people actually appreciate what they do.

I dunno, I appreciate that Blue has a site he updates twice daily and makes a living off of without me paying a dime for it.

Yeah I even click on them occasionally because I am never sure if Blue gets paid just for having them on his header and sidebar or only if they get clicked on.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 17, 2018, 10:21 Prez

This is something they needed data for? Unless forced to as in the case of unskippable video ads before youtube videos, who in their right mind would believe anyone voluntarily watches this garbage?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Battlefield V Trailer
7. Re: Battlefield V Trailer Oct 17, 2018, 09:50 Prez

It looks decent. At least they avoided the over-the-top ridiculousness of chicks with metal prosthetic arms weilding spiked cricket bats. I'm okay with the normal Battlefield franchise ridiculousness - grown fond of it even. It's just... fuck it's still EA.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 16, 2018, 09:39 Prez

I've worked more than my share of 16-hour days in the manufacturing industry, where any day could be "crunch period" depending on what goes wrong. In business they'll say things like " we don't expect anyone to work ridiculously long hours" but the truth is that if you don't voluntarily work those ridiculously long hours you're viewed as weak or disloyal, not only by management but often by your peers as well. Without company policy explicitly stating that no one can work in excess of a certain number of hours a day or in a week harmful shift lengths will always be a problem, both for the people who work it and for those who choose not to. That's just been my experience anyway.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Video
22. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Video Oct 13, 2018, 17:26 Prez

Impressive video, no doubt. I just at this point wonder if all these impressive videos are intended to mask the fact that the huge number of game elements, environments, cool scenarios, and mechanics, while really cool unto themselves, are miles away from beimg joined together to be coming a cohesive, complete product. Which could take forever.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Released
8. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Released Oct 12, 2018, 15:46 Prez

robdot wrote on Oct 12, 2018, 11:13:
We played "battle royale ", 25 years ago, except we called it last man standing.

Yep. I guess it's like survival horror - Resident Evil exploded the genre even though it didn't invent it.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 CitizenCon Trailer
4. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 - CitizenCon Trailer Oct 11, 2018, 11:11 Prez

I love Mark Hamill but it's not really cool to ask the "now or awesome" question when we were promised something awesome 4 years ago and it isn't even close to done.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Strange Brigade Thrice Damned Released
2. Re: Strange Brigade Thrice Damned Released Oct 10, 2018, 12:10 Prez

Darks wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 11:28:
So, when they say three part, do they really mean this is one mission out of the three thats being released? The DLC Season pass is three new Coop maps. Just trying to get some clarification on this. I own the game and beat it. took around 10 hours and was a blast.

Actually getting ready to go to the Airport and catch a plan to Japan soon, so I dont have time to play this now to see for my self.

Fuck you - I'd give anything to go to Japan!

Seriously though hope you have a blast.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Microsoft Buying Obsidian?
20. Re: MS doesn't like competition Oct 10, 2018, 11:47 Prez

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 10:47:
WitcherOntheProwl wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 05:35:
Lack of options will eventually force gamers to buy from only a couple of online stores. Like steam, origin and uplay. Gas companies do this also. Close down the mom and pop's

Hasn't it already been this for many many years now? There wasn't a mom and pop online store either.

I'm okay with the online equivalent of Walmart (Steam), Target (Origin), Sears (Uplay) and Kmart (Microsoft's online abomination) being the defacto choices for digital gaming. Only trouble is Microsoft makes cynical cash-grab shit and can't even come close to making a decent platform, Ubisoft has a hard-on for making only the same nebulous content-laden open world "live services", and Uplay at best is merely an annoyance, and EA is basically Satan in corporate form. Valve doesn't make anything but money anymore, which would be fine by me if they would use even a tiny percentage of it to get decent customer service and some kind of basic curation.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2018, 12:02.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen & Tactical Legacy Pack Released - XCOM 2 Free Weekend
6. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen & Tactical Legacy Pack Released - XCOM 2 F Oct 10, 2018, 08:55 Prez

Oh hell. I already have hundreds of hours in XCOM 2 and now I'm going to have to go back to it. I am in romantic love with this game. My favorite game of the last 5 years hands down, and easily in my personal top 5 of all time.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Microsoft Buying Obsidian?
18. Re: Microsoft Buying Obsidian? Oct 10, 2018, 08:50 Prez

Fuck. First the promising Ninja Theory (makers of the great Senua's Sacrifice) and now this. If true, this is disheartening. I personally like and admire Obsidian, and there's no way this is a good deal for gamers who share my sentiment. While not the inevitable death sentence it would be if EA was acquiring them, in the end they may as well be dead because Microsoft will almost certainly grossly misuse them like they have been doing with the once-great Rare making garbage XBOX/Windows Store exclusives nobody wants. Microsoft's inept and flaccid gaming division can't die soon enough.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > DCS: F-14 Tomcat Preorders
8. Re: DCS: F-14 Tomcat Preorders Oct 9, 2018, 08:40 Prez

What - no 'Top Gun' references? No one wondering if the shirtless beach volleyball game is included or will be dlc? No one asking if the voiceovers will include iconic lines like 'Talk to me Goose' or 'You could be my wingman anytime '???? Shame.

On a serious note, I was wondering - what about the F-14 specifically required 2 pilots while most other fighters only needed one?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > 125K Find Super Seducer Attractive; Sequel Announced
17. Re: 125K Find Super Seducer 2 Attractive; Sequel Announced Sep 25, 2018, 12:16 Prez

Having some really gorgeous women play the roles of the women in the game who need to be superly seduced doesn't hurt.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

14035 Comments. 702 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo