Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 14202 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives "PROCOMPETITIVE"
41. Re: Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives Mar 18, 2019, 18:47 Prez

I bought the Division 2 through Greenmangaming at a good discount and activated it via Uplay (Loving it by the way). There was no Epic exclusivity there; it just isn't on Steam. Which despite my massive Steam library is no big deal. I was still allowed to choose for myself where to buy it, and got a hefty discount to boot. THIS is competition - I went for the best option for purchase. I WILL NOT buy Metro Exodus or any game in the future that can only be bought through Epic's store - All choice was removed and I will not support that.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve on Epic Games Store and Steam Data
33. Re: Valve on Epic Games Store and Steam Data Mar 18, 2019, 04:27 Prez

I despise the way epic is going about its "competition" (exclusivity is the very antithesis of competition imo) but I'm not all that bent out of shape about this. I share my Steam data with a bunch of places as it makes things easier. Isthereanydeal, for example, uses it to exclude games you already own from the deals it lists, making the database of current sales much more manageable.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed Mar 17, 2019, 19:26 Prez

Beamer wrote on Mar 17, 2019, 14:44:
Most Republicans are over 40. They buy very few shoes, and not ones with high profit margin. Therefore, pissing them off is actually good business for Nike.

Also, plenty if the Republicans here are selfish, and hokd despicable views. People proudly refuse their money. Amazing how frequently people don't realize that. Not every customer is the same, nor are they all desirable. Best way to ruin a brand is to put it on the feet of a 40+ year old dude in a MAGA hat.

Well they may not buy many Air Jordans but they still play videogames. Why piss them off if you don't have to?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Mar 17, 2019, 14:09 Prez

Game companies must sell products to be successful; journalists sell their own verbal diarrhea. So these writers get all upset that companies are unwilling to alienate a portion of their market just to virtue signal.

As Michael Jordan once said, "Republicans buy sneakers, too."

Yep. It's amazing to me how many people don't get this.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Division 2 Released
26. Re: The Division 2 Released Mar 17, 2019, 09:31 Prez

The AI in the Division 2 seems fine to me. They actively try to flank you repeatedly, use numbers to their advantage, and flush you out of cover frequently. Heavily armored elites are a nightmare.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Mar 16, 2019, 11:20 Prez

Racism and genocide are not politics. They're abhorrent regardless of party. If Far Cry 5 had an overt message of " this could really happen under our current administration!" THAT would be the kind of politics that I am vehemently against in gaming. The kind that the morons at Polygon apparently want to see. Making the villains racist religious fanatics,as with Nazis, is easy because unless you are one yourself everyone hates them.

The Witcher series handled politics within its game world the best imo because it portrayed conflicts like segregation and class warfare that parallel many real world ones tactfully and without preaching. It used it to create a believable, relatable world, not to prove how woke the devs are or make some SJW (yeah I went there) hack tabloid site happy.

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 2019, 11:37.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Get GameGuru for Free
5. Re: Get GameGuru for Free Mar 16, 2019, 11:15 Prez

Steam must need some more asset flips  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Re: Mar 15, 2019, 22:06 Prez

Some people in here are conflating politics with other things. Since when is "corporations are evil, greed-driven, and unconcerned with the good of humanity" a political statement??? If that is political then virtually every plot point in every game ever made is political in nature. But it's definitely not what I consider politics in games.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Re: Mar 15, 2019, 13:52 Prez

Beamer wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 13:46:
Prez wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 13:40:
Beamer wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 13:29:
Prez wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 13:22:
Beamer wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 13:18:
Far Cry's problem was that it acted like it wanted to be a political game, and set itself in a deeply political and current situation, then did nothing with it.

Uncanny Valley of having something to say. Of the 3 FCs of that time, it was the most vapid, and the plot by far the least fun or engaging.

I didn't realize militant Christian separists press-ganging small town America into taking over the country was somehow a mirror of current events.

White people using religion as an excuse to arm themselves? Committing terrorism as a claim that it's in defense?

Sounds pretty much ripped from the headlines. Taken to video game extremes, but, I mean, ask Christchurch how real this feels.

It's no more a thing now than it was after Ruby Ridge and Waco. Id argue it's far less. The worst terrorist attack in US history by an American happened over 25 years ago and was committed by an armed Christian separatist . We should have gotten on devs of the nineties for not addressing these in their games. Oh but I forget, we weren't as "woke" back then...

Sometimes I wish we as a society were still asleep. That ought to draw the ire of a few crusaders...

Yeah, but you know this is in the headlines constantly. This is all people talk about on reddit and stuff. We have actual white supremacists marching in the streets with some regularity for the first time in 50 years. People keep dying, particularly brown people in places of worship.

FC5 positioned itself as addressing that. Then it just... didn't.

What exactly were they supposed to do to address it? Not being a dick - just curious. Because they were obviously the villains of the game. Isn't that commentary enough? I honestly just don't get what it would take to satisfy people.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Re: Mar 15, 2019, 13:40 Prez

Beamer wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 13:29:
Prez wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 13:22:
Far Cry's problem was that it acted like it wanted to be a political game, and set itself in a deeply political and current situation, then did nothing with it.

Uncanny Valley of having something to say. Of the 3 FCs of that time, it was the most vapid, and the plot by far the least fun or engaging.

I didn't realize militant Christian separists press-ganging small town America into taking over the country was somehow a mirror of current events.

White people using religion as an excuse to arm themselves? Committing terrorism as a claim that it's in defense?

Sounds pretty much ripped from the headlines. Taken to video game extremes, but, I mean, ask Christchurch how real this feels.

It's no more a thing now than it was after Ruby Ridge and Waco. Id argue it's far less. The worst terrorist attack in US history by an American happened over 25 years ago and was committed by an armed Christian separatist . We should have gotten on devs of the nineties for not addressing these in their games. Oh but I forget, we weren't as "woke" back then...

Sometimes I wish we as a society were still asleep. That ought to draw the ire of a few crusaders...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Re: Mar 15, 2019, 13:22 Prez

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Re: Mar 15, 2019, 13:11 Prez

Brazor wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 12:25:
ldonyo wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 11:29:
Kajetan wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 11:01:
Prez wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 10:15:
Games are for escapism, not pushing your warped social agenda.
Games are for everything the player wants. When you dont want "politics in your game", then stay away from games which include politics.

But dont speak for everyone ...
Very well stated!
And seconded!
As someone who doesn't want political garbage in the games. Wait till it comes out and read the reviews before you buy/rent/borrow/pirate it. Simple.

If you're looking for deep political commentary in a Far Cry game then I honestly don't know what to tell you. Fuck politics in games, and fuck people who cry about the devs choosing (smartly) to avoid them like the plague. Unless it's Political Machine 2020 of course. Which I might add PM as a series avoids any serious political commentary on its own.

And I was unaware I was speaking for anyone but myself. This board sometimes...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > No Man's Sky Beyond Announced
12. Re: No Man's Sky Beyond Announced Mar 15, 2019, 13:08 Prez

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 15, 2019,:
I'm not sure how many free updates these guys have to give out for people to forgive them. They over-promised before release, after release they seem to be working damned hard to deliver, as well as watching what they do promise.

It's not a matter of forgiveness but of trust. It's hard to see myself ever trusting this dev team again after the laundry list of blatant lies Murray told leading up to release.

That said, I applaud them for sticking with it and making it closer to the vision we all had of what this game could be with each patch.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > No Man's Sky Beyond Announced
1. Re: No Man's Sky Beyond Announced Mar 15, 2019, 10:21 Prez

How different a story it would have been had No Man's Sky shipped in this state.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Mar 15, 2019, 10:15 Prez

If you are one of the ones crying that modern games are not making statements on the modern political climate **ahem** Polygon **ahem** please feel free to die in a fire.

Games are for escapism, not pushing your warped social agenda.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood
12. Re: L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood Mar 15, 2019, 09:25 Prez

I would have preferred they make another iteration of Evolve, this time without the onerous and excessive monetization schemes. How many coop zombie shooters do we need?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Valve Layoffs
7. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Mar 8, 2019, 06:59 Prez

I don't suppose they were offered positions in customer service or quality control before they got the axe...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Division 2 Launch Trailer
3. Re: The Division 2 Launch Trailer Mar 5, 2019, 22:09 Prez

I didn't play the first until it had been out for a year. So it was actually a complete game when I played it and I loved it. Waiting to see if they make the same mistake with the sequel (this is Ubsisoft, so nothing is for certain).  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Overkill's The Walking Dead is Dead to Skybound [Update]
1. Re: Overkill's The Walking Dead is Dead to Skybound Feb 27, 2019, 02:00 Prez

Ouch.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > January 2019 Digital Game Sales
14. Re: January 2019 Digital Game Sales Feb 25, 2019, 17:29 Prez

PC gaming is dead! DEAD!!!!

Not really, but this list does incorporate microtransaction spending right? That bubble HAD to burst sooner rather than later...

- Mahatma Gandhi

14202 Comments. 711 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo