Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 14268 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed
6. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 15:46 Prez

It's mind-boggling to me that they would leave the mechs in for tournaments. That has to be hurting viewership. People who watch esports generally do so because they admire the level of skill the top players exhibit, so why include an element that negates the skill players? Two popular streamers rage-quitting the latest tournament because of the mechs can't be helping either.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive
83. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 22, 2019, 11:20 Prez

I think lost in all the semantics here is that before EGS came along many (most?) people were hoping for real competition to Steam. Even a pro-Steam guy like myself. It seems hard to argue that being the defacto source for digital PC games for so long made Valve lazy and aloof. The dizzying amount of utter shit burying the games that good indie devs put real effort into was clear testament to that. The problem is that EGS isn't competing; it's strongarming its way to the top behind the unassailable mountain of money it has made off of Fortnite. In an unregulated capitalist market that's allowed. But it doesn't make it pro-consumer. At least that's how I see it.

I don't like Epic at all, but if I'm pissed at anyone, it's Valve. They're not exactly destitute but they've done nothing to answer the massive challenge to their dominance in the market. It's like they don't give a shit.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive
16. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 21, 2019, 13:36 Prez

Whether I like exclusivity is irrelevant; I can understand why an indie developer would take an exclusivity deal if it helps remove some uncertainty in being able to recoup the money they invest in making a game in today's crowded market. And given that they weren't antagonistic asshats in their announcement, hopefully the majority of gamers can understand as well.

As for how I feel about Epic, Brhuic's response sums it up.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Comeback Follow-up
2. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback Follow-up Aug 16, 2019, 21:21 Prez

I was hoping that when he bowed out that he would stay out. The games industry has moved on and it just doesn't seem that there's a place for him anymore.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Aug 16, 2019, 19:29 Prez

The biggest thing that bothered me with the gamergate saga is how universal ugly truths of humanity somehow became a specific problem with gamers. I know everyone has heard more than one person demean or harass a woman - call her a 'whore' for doing the same thing that guys proudly go out to do every weekend, and the like - who hasn't touched a videogame since they were ten. Intolerant and insensitive people exist; that some play games doesn't define an entire culture, but that was the takeaway.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > G2A Refutes Unknown Worlds' Claim [Updated]
7. Re: G2A Refutes Unknown Worlds' Claim Aug 14, 2019, 17:15 Prez

I believe the word is "libel", not "liable".  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Aug 7, 2019, 22:57 Prez

I can only assume that this guy is really REALLY naive if he actually thought that the provocative and antagonistic tone he used in his announcement of Epic exclusivity could have resulted in anything other than the shitstorm of vile toxicity that arose. It ain't right, but it was bound to happen - it's the friggin internet.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 3, 2019, 13:17 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Jul 3, 2019, 13:13:
How Artifact became Valve's biggest failure - Eurogamer.

Do we really need a whole article to explain that? I bet I can do it in one sentence:

Valve built a giant online cash sucking application, which it then tried to pass off as a game.

The monetization was ridiculous, no doubt. I remember when a Valve release was a landmark event in the gaming world. With Artifact, everyone was like "WTF is this?!?!"

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 3, 2019, 13:13 Prez

With Valve you never know what to expect, so who knows if they're working hard on relaunching a vastly improved Artifact, secretly tooling around on the next Half-Life project, or sitting around counting their Steam money. It's always been frustrating being a fan of Valve's work.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ys Net Promises Shenmue 3 Steam Keys in a Year and Refunds
5. Re: Ys Net Promises Shenmue 3 Steam Keys in a Year and Refunds Jul 2, 2019, 10:41 Prez

We got Epic's money, so here is your backing pledge back now that we don't need it anymore. Also, Fuck You.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Developers Prefer Piracy to G2A
16. Re: Developers Prefer Piracy to G2A Jul 1, 2019, 16:13 Prez

Unless the keys are actually stolen (admittedly a distinct possibility given what I know about how G2A does business) someone bought the key at some point, in which case the developers got something for them. I get why regional pricing is a thing but I'm torn on this. G2A makes it too easy for stolen keys to get out into circulation, but I don't see anything ethically wrong with buying something someone somewhere else already paid for. I suppose they can region-lock certain keys to certain areas, right?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Minecraft: Story Mode to be Discontinued This Month
16. Re: Minecraft: Story Mode to be Discontinued This Month Jun 3, 2019, 10:17 Prez

Once again pirates will provide the necessary archival for those who own legal copies. Tell me, who are the bad guys again?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Iron Maiden Sues Over Ion Maiden Infringement
24. Re: Iron Maiden Sues Over Ion Maiden Infringement May 30, 2019, 14:40 Prez

It seems a bit of a reach, but crazier suits than this have been winners so who knows? As much as I have loved and admired Iron Maiden over the years (been with them since the Di'anno days) I think this lawsuit is kind of bullshit.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 14, 2019, 11:09 Prez

I agree that the loot box ban bill has no chance of passing, but Pachter's statement against it is bizarre. He is apparently focusing on the "pay-to-win" verbage of the bill, saying that a ban on 'pay to win microtransactions is ridiculous'. Which it would be, were that what the bill was trying to do. It is aiming to curb predatory gambling tactics aimed to get players (in this case, players under 18) spending an unhealthy amount of money through compulsion and addiction. The bill itself is indeed worded poorly - What do you expect from out of touch old guys in power - but from what I can see Pachter completely missed the point on this one.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Rage 2 Reviews
23. Re: Rage 2 Reviews May 13, 2019, 15:35 Prez

Kain wrote on May 13, 2019, 15:28:
No worries, I was more concerned that I somehow missed out on Sony finally letting some of their exclusive PS4 games come to the PC

As much as I'd love that, I don't think it will ever happen. Games like God of War and Spiderman sell consoles. They'd lose some of that without exclusivity. I'm constantly jealous of consoles these days because the majority of the great big budget singleplayer experiences are either Nintendo or Sony console exclusives.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Executioner in July
1. Re: The Executioner in July May 13, 2019, 12:25 Prez

This is one of the rare times where I may have to pass on a game purely on its theme. I don't mind the game existing, I applaud the exploration of something so rarely touched on in games in fact. But I'm not sure I can personally handle role-playing the part of someone who tortures and executes people he never met before. I suppose if the accused are suitably vile criminals then maybe...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Rage 2 Reviews
13. Re: Rage 2 Reviews May 13, 2019, 12:18 Prez

ForgedReality wrote on May 13, 2019, 10:19:
No thanks. Any game that has "review embargoes" is of no interest to me. Not at least until some real players review it, instead of paid shills.

It's not so much an embargo as an early review copy ban. You might remember Bethesda saying about its DOOM 2016 release that it was doing away with early release copies for games press. I think they said at best reviewers would get a review copy a day or two before release at best if I'm remembering correctly. I particularly remember this because everyone took this as a sign that DOOM 2016 was going to suck, but it instead turned out pretty great.

As far as Denuvo goes, it used to be that developers would remove it once there was a crack by pirates released to the wild so I didn't mind as I thought that was a fair tradeoff. More and more however, it's being left in, once again ensuring pirates get the best experience. The industry seems to never learn.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint?
21. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hint? May 13, 2019, 09:41 Prez

So no RDR1 on PC? Is there a continuation of a story in RDR2? Or is it completely new for the sequel?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse May 10, 2019, 08:34 Prez

YouTube celebrities are rarely prepared for their fame and fortune, and stuff like this is all-too-often the result. I'm not too hung up on the age thing - using your celebrity status to coerce any young person into doing this stuff is gross across the board, underage or barely legal. Of course, the underage part does certainly matter on the legal front, which means there could potentially be serious ramifications for ProJared.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Protecting Children from Abusive Games Act
25. Re: Protecting Children from Abusive Games Act May 9, 2019, 09:44 Prez

Simon Says wrote on May 9, 2019, 08:59:
jdreyer wrote on May 8, 2019, 20:23:
Introduced by a Republican? Wha...?

* Googles rep *

...And yes, I agree with others here, this shouldn't be framed as somethihng about kids, but as a general psychological manipulation issue. But if we go down that road, we'll have to talk about "real" gambling too... Decisions, decisions...

"Real" gambling is already regulated. The onus was and still is on the game industry to show some restraint and self-regulate the gambling mechanics they put in their games. Thus far they have utterly failed to do so. There's still time though; with the tables slanted so far in the favor of corporate entities in our government and justice system, it is likely this bill will fail. But it still serves notice to game publishers that their shenanigans have not gone unnoticed by governing bodies here in the US.

- Mahatma Gandhi

14268 Comments. 714 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo