Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 14313 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 7, 2019, 02:42 Prez

I'm no fan of Musk by any means - like most billionaire visionaries he's an unstable weirdo - but I had a hard time sympathizing with the "pedo guy" from the start because he was very publicly an asshole to Musk and that just wasn't necessary, whether Musk's offer to help was just a publicity stunt or not. Since this whole sordid mess started Musk has been the one who has looked like an ass, not "pedo guy", so there was no real evidence to be brought forth that showed he was a "victim" of anything other than a childish insult given in a childish argument that he started.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 6, 2019, 22:58 Prez

Cutter wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 22:32:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 22:02:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 19:59:
The best -lawyers- liars money can buy.
Disgusting Applies to both links

Are you serious? The only person defamed by the comments was Musk himself so there's no damages to collect. Being an idiot and saying something dumb doesn't mean the "victim" is entitled to $200m.

So you're a pedophile and okay with people acknowledging that fact, right?

So because you just called him a pedophile do you need to pay him $190 million?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 6, 2019, 21:31 Prez

I'm okay with the verdict myself. The amount of damages asked for was ludicrous.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > I Am Jesus Christ Revealed

6. Re: I Am Jesus Christ Revealed Dec 6, 2019, 21:22 Prez

I guess you get to play the whole game in god mode.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 6, 2019, 17:33 Prez

I drove for Uber for a year and was never sexually assaulted. Not once. Dammit.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2019, 02:28 Prez

I still remember the original thread about this where someone (can't remember who) made the argument that 'pedo' in the context in which Musk was using it meant 'child'. That was a hoot.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 5, 2019, 00:35 Prez

Books 1 thru 6 were brilliant. That ending in book 6!!! After that, there was a very steep decline. Jordan's writing got messier and more unnecessarily convoluted with so many plot lines to follow, dozens of characters with crazy intricate names you couldn't possibly remember, and the fact that every female in the series - EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. - was a complete and utter bitch. Did Jordan have some serious issues with overbearing women in his life or something? Anyway I'm interested enough in the show to watch it when it comes out. Hopefully they just end the series after book 6; either that, or do a MAJOR re-write of the entire story.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Phoenix Point Released

14. Re: Phoenix Point Released Dec 4, 2019, 00:43 Prez

The original X-Com was one of the best games ever made. Aside from the atrocious inventory management it was about as perfect as it could get. It's tied for my personal best game of all time, alongside Homeworld. I don't expect Gollop to catch that particular lightning in the bottle a second time, but I still have high hopes for this one. I'm not against buying it on Epic but I'm in the middle of a marathon of playing a list of backlogged games so if I don't get around to buying it before it releases on Steam I'd rather have it on there anyway.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Riot Settles Gender Discrimination Suit

17. Re: Riot Settles Gender Discrimination Suit Dec 3, 2019, 00:24 Prez

I admit I laughed out loud at the self-identifying as a woman part.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos

22. Re: Star Citizen Videos Nov 28, 2019, 00:06 Prez

It's just so amusing to watch how triggered people get whenever there is any post about SC here. The frenzy it creates.

For the record, you don't sound amused but rather contentious and annoyed. And frenzy? 20 posts is hardly a frenzy. Star Citizen threads used to be guaranteed 100+ posts. The entertainment has kind of waned. At this point only those heavily invested in its success (or its failure) are paying much attention.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Battleborn Sunset Plans

13. Re: Battleborn Sunset Plans Nov 26, 2019, 17:10 Prez

Cutter wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 08:50:
Prez wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 00:39:
I agree that a game that people paid $60 for should not just be erased from existence. It's just crazy to me that laws haven't caught up to the digital age. In a sane world developer's would be legally obligated to provide a means for consumers to keep the product that they paid for working after support for the game ends.

For how long? New vehicles are generally the second most expensive thing a person ever buys and they have a limited warranty. My 36k for my Niro nets me 5 years and 100k bumper to bumper - the best warranty for vehicles in Canada, most are a lot less. So how much should $60US cover and for how long? I don't know but I think they should just leave the final game as freeware at any rate.

The car analogy is not the best, since it's comparing tangible goods to software, but this is closer to a case in which the car you bought having a computer that ceases to function if the manufacturer stops communicating with it, rendering your car inoperable. Under current law the manufacturer would be required to patch the car's computer to run the car before ending support. My opinion is that digital goods should be exactly the same.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Battleborn Sunset Plans

7. Re: Battleborn Sunset Plans Nov 26, 2019, 00:39 Prez

I agree that a game that people paid $60 for should not just be erased from existence. It's just crazy to me that laws haven't caught up to the digital age. In a sane world developer's would be legally obligated to provide a means for consumers to keep the product that they paid for working after support for the game ends.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed

3. Re: Op Ed Nov 23, 2019, 15:40 Prez

You mean award shows are fixed? OMG my life is over.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Shenmue III Released

5. Re: Shenmue III Released Nov 19, 2019, 13:36 Prez

I wonder how this will fare in a time after the Yakuza series has taken over where Shenmue 2 left off many years ago.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Confirmed; Unveiling Thursday

14. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Confirmed; Unveiling Thursday Nov 18, 2019, 23:42 Prez

As has been mentioned, the length of time that Valve has allowed the Half-Life universe to remain dormant - abandoned, really - my excitement over this is a fraction of what it would have been years ago. That said, I'm very interested see if Valve can return to being industry pioneers as they once were years ago. This *could* be amazing. I'd like to see if Valve's still got it.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue

39. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2019, 00:07 Prez

That's true, but so is every high sticking incident in hockey.

No it isn't. The vast majority of high sticking penalties involve the stick inadvertently making contact with the opposing player. There was a case back in 2000 when Marty McSorely performed an infamous two-handed slash to Donald Brashear's temple. Brashear fell unconscious and his head smashed onto the ice. He very easily could have died. The NHL banned McSorely indefinitely and he was tried and convicted of assault with a deadly weapon. Which is the same thing that should happen here. That wasn't just your everyday "emotions are running high" type of incident. That was one of the most ugly, shameful things I've seen in the NFL and I've been watching for 45 years.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue

20. Re: Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2019, 18:59 Prez

About that vaping story...

It kind of bothers me that the entire nation is up in arms over vaping when the illnesses seem to be caused by people lacing their juice with harmful ingredients while cigarette makers are they themselves lacing cigarettes with all kinds of toxins, yet comparatively very little noise is made. I wouldn't be surprised to find that the big tobacco lobby is pushing lawmakers to crack down on the far less harmful alternative to big tobacco's poison. Follow the money, as they say.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed

31. Re: Op Ed Nov 8, 2019, 16:16 Prez

I just finished Outer Worlds and I thought it was pretty great, but honestly it felt like it was over too quickly. So I guess I'm still a fan of the epic-length rpg. Yeah I'm old and have tons of responsibility but being single and alone with a 40-hour-a-week job leaves lots of extra time. Gaming is still my number 1 hobby.

If anything, the trouble I have with the 100+ hour game is patience and interest. I can have the attention span of a Labrador puppy, so a game would have to really be riveting for those 100 hours to keep me engaged. Final Fantasy XV lost me with the the number of lengthy car rides that couldn't be skipped. I am going to dive into Baldur's Gate enhanced soon, so it'll be interesting to see if I make it through to the end.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding

3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Nov 8, 2019, 01:05 Prez

I'd never buy them (it's close to a two year waiting period - WOW), but I did have a slight nerdgasm looking at the pictures of the dice.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.

29. Re: RDR2 PC Port Nov 7, 2019, 19:56 Prez

Verno wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 13:14:
Cram wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 12:26:
Dealing with the exact same issues as the writer of the article on a 6600k/2080S

Browsed the reddit, there seem to be some work arounds that aren't difficult to implement (playing the with affinity of the cores & actually completely disabling cores for the exe file). Can't really be bothered, a bit too busy anyway this week so I'll wait.

As it is though, the game is completely unplayable and I have no idea how it launched this way.

I don't know, do you remember GTA IV at launch? GTA V had some problems too. Rockstar and their PC ports have been a mixed bag at best.

Overall its been more than playable for me with a 3900X/1080ti but obviously they have a lot of work to do. I still can't believe they didn't do optimization testing for fucking Intel i5s haha.

Yes, I definitely remember GTAIV at launch on PC. These RDR2 threads read like a copy and paste of the problems users were experiencing back then. I love that Rockstar is showing the PC some love but damn guys, this keeps happening.

- Mahatma Gandhi

14313 Comments. 716 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >