Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13552 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2017, 10:47 Prez

Honestly Eli Manning was never anywhere near as good as Peyton, but if you look at the Giants history they never based their success on a stellar quarterback. In the Parcells age Phil Sims was barely above average, yet they won because of great coaching and solid, consistent all around execution. It was the same in the Coughlin era. Under McAdoo, there's no execution, no team cohesion, and the coaching is TERRIBLE. It's not Manning's fault, and to bench him was just petty and pointless.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Who Controls Star Control?
20. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 4, 2017, 10:38 Prez

Not sure I'd go so far as calling Wardell an "awful person", but he definitely has had a problem with opening his mouth when keeping it shut would have been a FAR better option. And yeah, the sexual harassment charge was BS.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Get The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for Free
8. Re: Get The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for Free Dec 1, 2017, 02:54 Prez

Personally I really liked The Bureau. Great setting, mostly fun combat, decent story, and just enough XCOM references to earn the name. You can't go wrong for the price either...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Nov 27, 2017, 19:06 Prez

Useless petitions are useless. If shit keeps going the way it has been, with EA pissing all over the Star Wars franchise, however, it may eventually get to the point that Disney may consider buying out of the remainder of the EA Star Wars contract. Even in that unlikely event, it's not like the license would end up anywhere better. All of the Publishers with enough bank to afford it are all just as shitty as EA.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > National Committee for Games Policy Takes on Loot Crates
8. Re: National Committee for Games Policy Takes on Loot Crates Nov 27, 2017, 19:00 Prez

My guess is that they are going to find that loot boxes are A-OK!!!! Thumbsup so they can put exploitative gambling mechanics in their own games. But I'm a jaded cynical fucker, soooo....  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Nov 26, 2017, 15:57 Prez

Ahh this is delicious. FUCK EA.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2017, 18:31 Prez

There are possibilities involving the Argentinian submarine situation that don't involve a catastrophic loss and the death of her sailors. Modern subs have deployable hi tech comm arrays that they float while submerged near the surface (usually around 100 -150 feet). Something like this could easily be damaged if left floating in a storm as they suspect might have hit the area where the ship was heading. Damaged ballast systems could prevent the submarine from getting to the surface to deploy its radar and radio masts that it uses for location and communications. Let's hope it's something like that and not the worst case scenario. As an ex-submarine sailor myself I feel a kinship to all other submariners world-wide as most of us in the silent service do and I REALLY hope this crew makes it home. On a side note, many modern navies use diesel boats because of their cheaper construction and upkeep, but they still can be high-tech and lethal warships. For the period of time that a diesel boat is running on its batteries, it's nigh undetectable, making it extremely dangerous.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Nov 19, 2017, 18:15 Prez

Will EA's Mishandling of Star Wars Battlefront 2 Damage its Disney Deal?

God I hope so. I hope it decimates it.

- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2017, 17:34 Prez

Fuck - the passing of a goddammed legend. R.I.P.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
16. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 13:42 Prez

As expected, this came from above, and wasn't EA "listening to customers". The greedy scumbag suits that run the show at EA wouldn't have done this on their own - they are too far gone in their never-ending quest for coin, blinding them to everything else. It can't be said enough: FUCK EA.

And to those who keep asking "what's the big deal", I'm going to go out of character here and say "fuck off". I've been a Star Wars fanatic for 40 years, ever since I saw Episode 4 on opening night in a ratty old theater in the Bronx in 1977. I had every Star Wars toy made by Kenner and Hasbro growing up. I lived and breathed Star Wars - it WAS my childhood. As a lonely loser kid with abusive parents, stuck in an apartment 30 stories above the city with no friends and nowhere to go it was my one escape that saw me through the horrible times. I don't give a fuck about Battlefield - EA can fuck that up to their black, soulless heart's content. But this is Star Wars, arguably the most recognized and celebrated property worldwide outside of Mickey fucking Mouse. And instead of treating the property with the revererance and respect it deserves EA poisons it with their sleazy, cynical, shameless greed. Again, FUCK EA.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled
29. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 02:04 Prez

We hear you loud and clear, so we’re turning off all in-game purchases. We will now spend more time listening, adjusting, balancing and tuning. This means that the option to purchase crystals in the game is now offline, and all progression will be earned through gameplay. The ability to purchase crystals in-game will become available at a later date, only after we’ve made changes to the game. We’ll share more details as we work through this.

Fuck EA. They are just going to re-fuck the game once enough people forgive them and buy the game now that it isn't pay to win. People will get complacent and people will forget. They always do. Meanwhile, EA's intention to please the shareholders exclusively - fuck everyone else - hasn't changed despite all their BS lip service about listening to their customers. No matter what temporary changes they make, they are still EA, and they are still sleazy, greedy, cynical fucks who don't give one iota of a shit about the art or the medium except using it as a convenient vehicle to milk the whales, the gullible, and the addicts for every red penny possible. FUCK EA.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Outcast - Second Contact Released
1. Re: Outcast - Second Contact Released Nov 15, 2017, 11:38 Prez

I watched the trailer on Steam for this last night and I'm optimistic. Outcast was a great game with an incredibly unique look thanks to it's voxel engine. The remake obviously eschews that for more modern day tech but the look and feel I get from the trailer are very close to the original (if missing some of the charm of the original). Thankfully they kept the protagonist's uber-cheesy name and personality.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up
35. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 14, 2017, 23:31 Prez

I'm not one of the "angry mob" and I suspect there is an actual good game behind all the controversial elements, but there is just too much sleaze involved with the insidious and exploitative business model for me to support EA here.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
19. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 11:55 Prez

I love reading the huge number of posts in that thread that mention cancelling preorders. Just like I love the overall negative review rating from thousands of players of NBA 2K18 and Modern Warfare Remastered. It's about time consumers started pushing back against the never-ending stream of bullshit coming from publishers these days. Fuck EA, Fuck 2K, and Fuck Activision.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 7, 2017, 00:11 Prez

Overwatch does not have a sexism problem. In general, given the length of time the subject played to be honest it would seem the incident rate of abusive comments is relatively low. It sucks that it happens at all but a few incidents does not indicate any kind of special problem specific to Overwatch. Anecdotally the vast majority of games I've been in (over 300 hours) have had no such abuse towards females in them.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > New Overwatch Hero and Map Revealed
2. Re: New Overwatch Hero and Map Revealed Nov 3, 2017, 16:22 Prez

Blizzard outdoes itself with every new animated short. Awesome!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 31, 2017, 13:14 Prez

Verno wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 08:47:
... I know people often say "I dont want to pay X to get Y games" but then I see them shoveling games into their Steam backlog, never to be played. If any game was worth buying a console for, it's these ones...

*AHEM*... Who could you possibly be talking about? Embarassed

LOL guilty as fuck. Believe it or not, I actually intend to play the vast majority of the massive games library that I own. I just need to figure out how to live to be about 800...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Destiny 2 – Expansion I: Curse of Osiris in December
7. Re: in other news.. people giving away their money. Oct 30, 2017, 21:01 Prez

Having played Destiny 2 now for about 3 hours, I can say that so far I really enjoy it. I'm not much of a min-max type player, so end-games grind don't hold a lot of interest for me. As long as the campaign and extra adventures and quests keep me entertained for the long haul (as with the Borderlands series) I'll be happy.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 30, 2017, 18:19 Prez

Not a tough milestone to reach to be honest, but good to see that Nintendo has righted the ship somewhat. I'm not even a fan of Nintendo; it's just nice to see an industry icon finally do something right.

As for the Switch itself, I'm kinda indifferent. Do I want to play the new Zelda and Mario? Yeah. Enough to buy a whole new system for them? Not really. Especially when Nintendo has made so many dubious design choices with it and I don't really need a handheld as I don't travel.

- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2017, 11:09 Prez

Carbon dioxide in atmosphere hits highest level in 800,000 years, study says.

So in other words the CO2 levels were just as high 800,000 years ago? Why?

- Mahatma Gandhi

13552 Comments. 678 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo