Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13325 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Conan Exiles Survival Video
4. Re: Conan Exiles Survival Video Dec 8, 2016, 13:46 Prez

Looks really good, but I'm kinda done with Early Access titles. I'll wait until it's complete before checking it out.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Arizona Sunshine i7-Exclusive Content Released for All
7. Re: Arizona Sunshine i7-Exclusive Content Released for All Dec 8, 2016, 13:43 Prez

A developer that listens to their fans and takes action??? What the hell is the world coming to?!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
20. Re: etc. Dec 3, 2016, 22:18 Prez

Creston wrote on Dec 3, 2016, 22:14:
No, but seriously: FUCK KONAMI.

Wurd.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Dec 3, 2016, 14:59 Prez

#FucKonami  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Prey Gameplay Video
15. Re: Prey Gameplay Video Dec 2, 2016, 19:31 Prez

First of all, kudos to the devs for showing actual gameplay and actual mechanics from the game, not some fluffed-up cinematic that the released game won't match in theme or visual quality. I'd rather see this 100 times out of 100.

That said, I'm not getting "PREY" from any of what was shown. IP's generally are identified by a specific theme i.e. "Doom" means ridiculously fast shooting action against awesome looking demons for example. Based on the first game I feel like PREY means unsettling "which way is up???", wildly unpredictable firefights against creepy aliens. They got the "creepy aliens" down pat but nothing else.

And people have mentioned that they are making "System Shock", which I don't get at all. SS was all about incredibly disturbing atmosphere and imagery and the constant taunting of a ever-present all-seeing villain. (Shodan IS System Shock, and remains one of the greatest game villains of all time). NONE of that is in this trailer, so the parallels being drawn between SS and this game have me scratching my head.

Anyway, that's not to say that this short gameplay video shows everything there is to see about PREY, or that I didn't like what I saw, because I very much did. I just want to get a better idea of the big picture of the game.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Announced
5. Re: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Announced Dec 2, 2016, 17:47 Prez

I've heard a lot of groaning on the internet that it will follow the typical Telltale formula for episodic adventure games. The way I see it that's only a negative if you dislike said formula. I happen to like everything I've played by Telltale a lot. The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead were immensely enjoyable for me. I guess I'm one of those who likes the formula.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 2, 2016, 17:43 Prez

Odyssey cost the state of California $4.5 million as opposed to the $500 million homegrown project that was shot down by the court certification body. It's not hard to see why they chose Odyssey. I would think the problem would have to be with the people inputting the data, not the software itself. Unless Tyler Industries actually made a program that arbitrarily reverses court rulings??????  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced
11. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced Dec 2, 2016, 15:42 Prez

If I remember correctly the Blues crowd was largely negative on this game. I actually thought it was fun as hell though.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Dwarves Released
8. Re: The Dwarves Released Dec 2, 2016, 04:10 Prez

Saboth wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 21:23:
Prez wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 19:25:
I've liked Blind Guardian for years! This is a really cool collaboration. Don't know anything about the game but this got my attention.

Ever played Sacred 2? Blind Guardian is actually in the game and they do a concert in the game. It was one of the most unexpected things I'd ever seen in a game, and I got a huge kick out of it.

OMG I totally need to install that!!!!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Dwarves Released
2. Re: The Dwarves Released Dec 1, 2016, 19:25 Prez

I've liked Blind Guardian for years! This is a really cool collaboration. Don't know anything about the game but this got my attention.

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 2016, 19:51.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 29, 2016, 22:04 Prez

When has Reddit ever been anything other than a toxic wasteland of hate and bigotry?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Darksiders - Warmastered Edition
3. Re: Darksiders - Warmastered Edition Nov 29, 2016, 22:00 Prez

I don't play a lot of this style of game, but I thought Darksiders was awesome. It's pretty awesome that I get this updated edition free too.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 29, 2016, 19:38 Prez

Queen signs the Investigatory Powers Act into law.

Well god damn that band has really gone to shit after Freddie Mercury died.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Nov 28, 2016, 17:22 Prez

Beamer wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 13:21:
Quboid wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 11:29:
Pigeon wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 11:21:
Took my brain awhile to get there (even coffee isn't helping today) but it's Damian Wayne, not Damon Wayans as I first interpreted it . I was wondering why the hell he was involved with a Batman game, and who thought that would be a good idea.

Same. I was wondering, is that the one in Requiem For A Dream or one from White Chicks... (Turns out, neither.)

He'd make a better Joker.

Pffft. He is a superhero far more powerful than Batman or Joker. You can't top Handiman!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence
14. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 26, 2016, 17:56 Prez

I never really get the "too little too late" comments that get thrown around whenever a dev tries to update a game that wasn't what it should have been at launch. If you paid $60 for the game, isn't developer support post launch a good thing?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
22. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 10:53 Prez

yuastnav wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 10:49:

Shadow Warrior 2 is a whole different beast to me. TB criticised it because of the whole "looter shooter" thing which is ridiculous to me because I never looked at this game this way. The shooting feels tremendously satisfying, the maps are great and the movement is so much fun. You can be so fast in this game.

Total Biscuit likes straight run and gun. I saw his critique of Shadow Warrior 2 and everything he listed as a negative for him basically sold the game to me. I picked it up on sale and I am going to install it soon.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
27. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 23, 2016, 16:53 Prez

"...The way Trump sees it, H-1B visas amount to a loophole that allows employers to keep wages down.

And he’s not altogether wrong. Studies have found that the majority of H-1B visas are going to a handful of India-based IT outsourcing firms, such as Tata Consultancy Service and Infosys, that flood the program with applications. That makes their applicants more likely to win the visa lottery, meaning Tata and Infosys, which place these workers in jobs, are more likely to profit. One particularly startling statistic: In 2014, 20 companies—including the likes of IBM and Google—were awarded more than 32,000 visas to bring in foreign workers, despite the fact that 10,000 companies applied. While companies like Google and Apple tend to pay these workers fair market rates, many of the outsourcing firms amassing these visas do not.

For every H-1B holder worried about what will happen if Trump slashes the program, there’s another worker worried about what will happen if he doesn’t.
“The vast majority of H-1B workers are brought in because they are cheaper than Americans, not because they hold any specialized skills,” says Ronil Hira, an Economic Policy Institute researcher and associate professor of public policy at Howard University."

I'm as concerned as anyone about the next four years now that this clown is in the White House, but this quoted section does illustrate that what has been going on has, at least in some part, in fact been harmful to American workers and unfair to foreign workers.

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2016, 17:03.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun Demo
3. Re: Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun Demo Nov 22, 2016, 19:50 Prez

This looks like Commandos with ninjas. I remember the Commandos games being tough as shoe leather but fun.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game
17. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced First-Person Game Nov 22, 2016, 17:50 Prez

Whatever it is we won't know for years since they are just now assembling a team to build the engine. May as well forget about it for a good long while.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Division Expansion Testing Details
2. Re: The Division Expansion Testing Details Nov 8, 2016, 19:30 Prez

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 18:20:
So what I'm seeing around on forums is that they fixed the problems with this game with balance patches.

The game is much improved with the 1.4 update. I'm looking forward to this expansion.

- Mahatma Gandhi

13325 Comments. 667 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo