Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Kevin

Real Name Kevin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname |RaptoR|
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Xbox Live: Heinekev
PSN: Heinekev
Homepage http://www.generallystupid.com
Signed On May 22, 2003, 22:47
Total Comments 335 (Amateur)
User ID 17169

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Assault on Dark Athena Trailer
5. Re: Assault on Dark Athena Trailer Jan 22, 2009, 19:56 |RaptoR|

Chronicles of Riddick was one of my favorite games and I expected an unpolished turd. I was so pleasantly surprised, I couldn't put the game down... the only single player first person shooter I've enjoyed since the original Unreal. And the only one since.  
Playing: Overwatch, FFXIV, Ion Fury
Xbox Live: Heinekev
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Metacritic Scores
26. Re: On Metacritic Scores Jan 21, 2009, 15:37 |RaptoR|

I've always questioned the reviewers qualifications when they mention games as "deeply flawed," etc...

In short, game reviews do little to sway my opinion of a game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2009, 10:57 |RaptoR|

Raptor how bout learning to read eh?

And Im not even touching the subject of PC and PC gaming in general. The underhanded moves this corporation (as well as SONY) have pulled have left the industry in ruins.
I specifically mention Sony. So dont bullshit me. Im not talking about healthy productive business practices that together with competition breed progress. Im talking about underhanded moves like selling your lead console platform at a loss for several YEARS! straight so you can put your competitors out of business.

So please. Take your corporate fanboism and shove it.

There's no corporate fanboyism here, I'm just pointing out the practices of one are not different from the practices of another. There is no higher moral goal, companies want to make money and they'll do it however possible. To think that ANY corporation is out to benefit the masses and not make money is stupid.

To your argument of selling at a loss, the only system that recently has NOT been sold at a loss is the Wii. Going all the way back to the original NES, systems were sold at a loss and cost was recovered through software. That is the nature of the console market. Sell the core at a loss and recover money on high margin software and licensing. Loss leaders. You might want to spend some of your IT Analyst time analyzing the meaning of that term.

I also think it's ironic you ask me to learn to read when your post is littered with horrible grammar. Perhaps you should learn to write?

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2009, 09:29 |RaptoR|

Advocate, I hate MS as much as I hate Sony but for different reasons, dont give me that typical corporate spin "If it werent for corporation X,Y,Z..."

Because its bullshit! The only thing that forders progress is competition. Unfortunately with the Xbox (just like with every single other MS product) this is exactly what this greedy corporation is trying to destroy.

Im not going to list the countless references here because I dont have the time, but if you dont believe me ask any honest IT analyst.

And Im not even touching the subject of PC and PC gaming in general. The underhanded moves this corporation (as well as SONY) have pulled have left the industry in ruins.

You do of course realize that Sony played the same trick two generations of consoles ago, right? So calling out microsoft today and making Sony the unsung hero is highly ironic.

Sony stamped out Sega and Nintendo hard with the Playstation and exclusivity. That continued onto the Playstation 2 but was met with the original Xbox. No denying the PS2 was the better in that case. Sega pulled out of hardware and Nintendo pulled off a miracle with the Wii. It was highly publicized that this would be Nintendo's last foray into a home console should it be as successful as the Gamecube.

Don't blame Microsoft for bad business practices, they're doing the same thing Sony is but they're just doing it better this time around.

And villifying the company responsible for computers as we know it for no reason other than the blanket excuse of corporate greed is silly at best. What corporation ISN'T greedy? People go into business to make money, and when they're good at it they're labeled as greedy.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2009, 09:17 |RaptoR|

All I have to say to you Blue and all the other Xbox owners out there: serves you right.

In Microsoft You Trust.

Nuff said

The fact that I can get 2 Xbox 360s for the price of a single PS3 means I'll deal with the hardware failure for the sake of a superior library/online offering.

The playstation controller also cramps my hands hardcore. When I was younger, the original playstation was tits and the controller just fit right, but nowadays I cramp after 10 minutes of play.

Old and stubborn, I guess.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2009, 10:35 |RaptoR|

New logo is definitely mirrors edge...

Blue, there is an annoying ad popping up repeatedly in a single session on the main page. It's the Arcade Pinball one. Pops up a new window directing to Gamevance every 10 seconds or so.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Dec 25, 2008, 02:36 |RaptoR|

Shogo 2 would make me soooo happy, I absolutely LOVED the first one  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch Plans
5. Re: World of Warcraft Change Plans Dec 12, 2008, 14:56 |RaptoR|

Did WoW just jump the shark?

What makes you think that?

23. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2008, 10:03 |RaptoR|

Awesome. My birthday is tomorrow. November is an epic month! Happy birthday, blue  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Mario and Zelda Oct 30, 2008, 15:41 |RaptoR|

I think the core mechanics are sound, they just haven't made a proper transition to newer technology. Honestly, the chatty parts of the game, waiting and hopelessly tapping the buttons to skip poorly written dialogue need to go.

Mario Galaxy is the first Mario that I've enjoyed since Super Mario World. Kudos there.

News Comments > WoW Plague Plagues WoW
15. Re: WoW Plague Plagues WoW Oct 27, 2008, 12:39 |RaptoR|

I love the plague. It's been crazy fun terrorizing Shattrath with the rest of the zombie horde. It's also kinda neat to talk to horde when you're both infected. I wish a form of this would stay permanently  

News Comments > Spore Downtime Today
15. Re: Spore Downtime Today Oct 22, 2008, 10:45 |RaptoR|

Are they really that hard up for space because of all the penis creatures in the game?
You would think they would have this problem well in hand when the situation arose in the first place.

/penis

Hah, I've spotted a Fark reader!

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
10. Re: No subject Oct 14, 2008, 18:06 |RaptoR|

l2 background download/unblock ports

This has got to be one of the most annoying things I've read all day. The whole L2 meme or tardism is old, annoying, and played out. You're not cute.

/edit long day at the office, probably a good idea to tone it down

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2008, 18:09.

1. Thank you Oct 9, 2008, 00:02 |RaptoR|

Blue, thank you for continuing to make Bluesnews the enjoyable site it's always been. 12 years. Wow!

News Comments > RF Online Closing
9. Re: Weee Oct 3, 2008, 10:49 |RaptoR|

kxmode, you got me interested in this Bloodymare game.

How is it similar to warcraft? Less of a Lineage2 style grind? Screenshots look good

News Comments > RF Online Closing
8. Re: RF Online Oct 3, 2008, 10:47 |RaptoR|

I thought RF Online was okay, but it lacked polish and focus. I had no idea what the point of the game was when I played it.

The free private servers were infinitely more fun than live.

News Comments > 2, Part 2
15. Re: Sep 25, 2008, 11:26 |RaptoR|

definitely good to see these back!

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Delay?
4. Re: PC Only Sep 17, 2008, 19:23 |RaptoR|

I think that makes sense.

Personally, I'm getting it on Xbox anyway. As much as I love my PC, playing games on the couch on my big TV is just more appealing nowadays than sitting in my office playing on the PC.

Preference of course.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Delay?
1. PC Only Sep 17, 2008, 17:17 |RaptoR|

Article mentions the PC version only, saying that the console versions appear to still be on track.

News Comments > Singularity Revealed & Wolfenstein Details
12. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2008, 09:59 |RaptoR|

Raven has always released solid, entertaining games. Can't wait to see what the new IP will bring!

Ironically, even though it's not a Raven game, this thread has me thinking fondly of the old Strife. Such a great game, too.

335 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo