Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kevin

Real Name Kevin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname |RaptoR|
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Xbox Live: Heinekev
PSN: Heinekev
Homepage http://www.generallystupid.com
Signed On May 22, 2003, 22:47
Total Comments 329 (Amateur)
User ID 17169

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Epic's Online Store To Undercut Steam Royalties
28. Re: Epic's Online Store To Undercut Steam Royalties Dec 4, 2018, 16:25 |RaptoR|

Epic has a lot to learn from a security perspective before I'll ever associate a payment method with them again. Back in July, about 9 million epic accounts showed up on the darkweb (mine included). I use Dashlane and have a securely generated unique password for every single service I use. No passwords are reused.

My account was compromised and I was billed $400 in v bucks (what the fuck is a vbuck?). I opened a ticket with them immediately and explained that I don't even know what a fortnite is and they ignored the ticket. Also removed stored payment credentials.

I pleaded with them on twitter, and still they ignored my ticket. I disputed the transaction with Paypal, but because Epic had a sellers agreement, it was a legitimate transaction from their end and suggested I bring it up with Epic. My ticket finally got a response that said my user/pass combo showed up on a third party site and that I should secure my account. Dude. The only way this shit got leaked was through you. It was a unique user/pass to your service!

I had to post a thread on reddit before the community managers reached out and resolved my case/issued refunds. 3 weeks later. And they said the same thing. My user/pass was compromised. I told them that it was a unique combination for their service and linked them to the various sites reporting that they had a user database leak, and they said "okay well we're not sure how it is out there but our systems weren't compromised."

They still haven't owned up to it. Never putting payment information on an Epic Games account again.

Playing: Overwatch, Black Ops 4, Forza Horizon 4, Forza 7
Xbox Live: Heinekev
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Crew 2 November Vehicle Drop
1. Re: The Crew 2 November Vehicle Drop Nov 21, 2018, 19:17 |RaptoR|

I have been on the fence with this game for a while now. The first didn't properly support wheels, but it was basically everything I ever wanted in an arcade racing game. Spent a lot of time and effort trying to get force feedback to feel proper and the wheel sensitivity to be consistent, and eventually gave up. Forza Horizon 1/2/3/4 all work right out of the box, auto-detects the wheel sensitivity based off the hardware setting, and has proper feedback (pedals, wheel resistance, and rumble) without fucking around for 3 hours.

According to the official forums, wheel support is said to be much improved, but I can't find a solid endorsement from someone with a mid-to-high end racing setup (Fanatec CSWv2, CSv3 pedals, H-shifter, and e-brake module). Would love to know if it's worth picking up

News Comments > No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow
29. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 21, 2018, 19:09 |RaptoR|

Drayth wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 18:21:
I'll just repost this...

So while the con men were over in their corner of Dry Town selling their cure-all tonics, Sean rolled into the thirsty desert town promising to build a well for anyone for $2. People forked over their money, eager at the prospect of being provided their own water sources. When it came time to start building however, Sean only brought a bucket for each person.

There was an uproar. Some returned their buckets (and were suitably reimbursed their $2). Most kept theirs begrudgingly and drank from the small offerings that they had been given.

Over time though Sean would return to town, despite the hisses and rotten vegetables being flung in his direction. Always with a larger bucket filled to the top for each and everyone who held on to their original. Till one day, the denizens of Dry Town walked out unto their front porches to find a well of near-eternal fresh water next to every homestead of those who had kept their buckets.

Not KX's home, however. No. He stood slanted against the KXwalls of his KXhome, arms crossed, pistol at his side. All the while delivering Sean a most dour glare. No Sean, you will find no forgiveness in this dark KXHeart. Not this day.

Not Ever.

Lol_dies This is gold!

News Comments > No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow
15. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 21, 2018, 14:09 |RaptoR|

Kxmode wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 13:26:
DrEvil wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 13:08:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 12:19:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 21, 2018, 12:17:
These developers are rock stars worthy of worship for stcking around and improving their game. god bless'em

And Sean Murray is still a liar who used fraud to build these continuous updates.

Dude, give it a rest.

No. Not until I get my $60 worth, and I will get my money's worth one way or another.

You’ve put in at least $200 worth of tears on these comment threads since launch so I’d say you’re ahead at this point.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Abyss Update Launches
26. Re: No Man's Sky Abyss Update Launches Oct 30, 2018, 10:30 |RaptoR|

BluesNews posters have always been some of the most bitter I've encountered on the internet. Nowadays it's watching the same core group try to outdo each other on stubborn bitterness.

I suppose not much has changed. Comments were pretty toxic back when Quake Kart was put on hiatus because Wedge and Choryoth went to Valve.

It's the train wreck you can't look away from.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Sets Activision Record
12. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Sets Activision Record Oct 15, 2018, 18:56 |RaptoR|

I'm a fan of the battle royale game mode, and bought Black Ops 4 solely for their variant (blackout). While I loved PUBG, it's janky beyond repair (even worse than DayZ), and Fortnite is not my cup of tea.

Having a Battle Royale option with a solid shooter at the core has been fantastic. It feels crazy to me that it's taken this long for someone to realize that the market was primed for something like this. PUBG will require an engine swap to ever be anything more than a bug riddled jank fest, and I say that with 200 hours into the game (and an unhealthy love of DayZ, also janky and unresponsive).

For me and my friends, the BO4 purchase was solely for the battle royale offering.

News Comments > Chasm Opens Up
3. Re: Chasm Opens Up Jul 31, 2018, 12:25 |RaptoR|

Beamer wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 11:57:
If I can't cut off arms with circular saw blades I'm not playing. Pfft, "Chasm."

Anyway, Darks, people here frequently post that misleading image trying to show that FPS level design in the 1990s was superior to now. I think lots of people want a more simple game sometimes. And there's a lot of depth and cool mechanics you can add to a platformer now that you couldn't back then.

When I first saw this, that was the Chasm that came to mind. Played the hell out of it back in the day. Wonder if it's on GOG?

News Comments > Boss Key Closed
28. Re: Boss Key Closed May 14, 2018, 23:45 |RaptoR|

warmbluelasers wrote on May 14, 2018, 22:56:
RedEye9 wrote on May 14, 2018, 21:17:
Says one "mean" thing 20 years ago and apologizes for the remark. Still gets crucified by "gamers". shrug

Same thing as John Romero. He spoke purely from his ego and the PC Elite really can't stand hubris paired with mediocre products.

CliffyB brought us the Unreal series, and for older gamers Jazz Jackrabbit. The guy didn't push mediocre shit. Unreal is one of my favorite games of all time.

The Gears of War games that he had influence over are very good titles, and to say otherwise is just to be a blind master race tool. You might not agree with his decision to abandon the platform, but his words aren't without merit -- DRM free games are the extreme exception nowadays and despite repeatedly bleating about DRM being the devil and to boycott companies that use it, Steam and other digital platforms have taken over.

And for those of you that mourn the single player experience? The decline there is also partly due to piracy (and is why always-on DRM is here to stay).

You can hate him all the same, but his resume stands as one of the strongest in the industry. Even Lawbreakers was a decent game, just not good enough to compete with Overwatch and a changing landscape of what the majority of gamers want.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Dropping DX9 and 32-bit Clients
13. Re: Heroes of the Storm Offering Original Price Refunds? Apr 4, 2018, 12:19 |RaptoR|

Hanneth wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 22:52:
And Blizzard is offering full refunds to those that cannot meet the new requirements right?
I personally have never bought, or played it, but if anyone's computer does not match the new minimum requirements, by law, they are required to to offer a full refund of the price the person paid, or some way to play the game in another way.
There is already case presidence for this.

It's a free to play game.

News Comments > Quake Champions Spring Update Launches; Cheaper Mode Comes Tomorrow
9. Re: Quake Champions Spring Update Launches; Cheaper Mode Comes Tomorrow Mar 15, 2018, 21:18 |RaptoR|

I got a free CD Key sent to me a while back as a gift and was stoked. Quake 2 is my favorite game of all time. Turns out the game is dead, and after 20 minutes in queue for my first match, it popped and I was in a lobby against super experienced players.

http://steamcharts.com/app/611500#7d

Averages 300 players per day.

News Comments > Fortnite Accounts Hijacked
3. Re: Fortnite Accounts Hijacked Mar 12, 2018, 23:50 |RaptoR|

I am a Senior Network Engineer by trade. Been in the industry for over 15 years. I use Dashlane to generate passwords for all of my logins, so each one is unique and rotated quarterly.

My Epic account was hijacked last month, and I had made the unfortunate mistake of having my Paypal account linked for automatic billing. I had 3 transactions for $109.99 each (the max size of Fortnite currency that can be purchased in one go), all at 10am EST while I was at work.

I immediately opened a case, reset the account password, unlinked Paypal, and started the dispute process. Paypal denied the dispute, because to them it looked like a legit charge. 17 days passed on the Epic ticket before I tracked down their community team on Reddit and sent a PM to each and every one of them explaining what was going on. To their credit, I got the refund and hour later -- but holy shit, 17 days without so much as a "case created" email?

I attached transaction logs from Paypal, email receipts from the store, so on and so forth.

Anyway, I'm really only replying to say this:

My Epic account password was unique to Epic Games, and it was hijacked.

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
39. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 02:44 |RaptoR|

jdreyer wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 00:48:
Here's what I propose to prevent mass shootings:

- Must get a full background check before getting a mental illness.

- A three day waiting period before you can develop a mental illness.

- You can't develop a mental illness before turning 21 years of age.

- You're not allowed to develop a mental illness if you've ever committed a crime, even a misdemeanor.

- You're not allowed to get unlimited mental illnesses. There needs to be some reasonable limitation, say three.

- No concealed mental illnesses.

- No acquisition of mental illness from unauthorized and unlicensed vectors.

- No acquisition of mental illness over the internet.

With those kinds of restrictions, mass shootings should be greatly reduced.

Since we clearly can't manage the mental illness part, then we need to manage the assault rifle part. Yep, no more guns for you.

Same deal when one kid fucks up the entire group gets punished. I don't care if you think you're a responsible gun owner, there's one out there that isn't and they just shot up a school. No assault rifles for you. Bad, no no

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Expedition Plans
17. Re: Elite Dangerous Expedition Plans Feb 5, 2018, 09:31 |RaptoR|

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 5, 2018, 01:15:
Cutter wrote on Feb 4, 2018, 19:03:
Finally got around to uninstalling. Complete waste of $10. Watching paint dry is more entertaining than this game. X Rebirth complete on the other hand is actually fun and nice to look at. Can't wait for X4.
Where the hell is the next Commander Keen? Better than this ED garbage. /s

And what the hell did Cutter post on July 2006?

That's when he created his account lol

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Expedition Plans
8. Re: Elite Dangerous Expedition Plans Feb 4, 2018, 22:28 |RaptoR|

Rigs wrote on Feb 4, 2018, 20:27:
Cutter wrote on Feb 4, 2018, 19:03:
Finally got around to uninstalling. Complete waste of $10. Watching paint dry is more entertaining than this game. X Rebirth complete on the other hand is actually fun and nice to look at. Can't wait for X4.

The last half of your comment invalidates the first half by a rather large margin. If you can sit here and tell me that X: Rebirth has more value and plays better than Elite:Dangerous with a straight face then your opinion is highly suspect.

*waits for the inevitable reply that I'm an idiot, not worth listening to, should shut my fucking mouth and, oh, my mother was a whore*

=-Rigs-=

Cutter hasn't had any valuable contributions to this forum since July 2006

News Comments > MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG
28. Re: MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG Jan 30, 2018, 00:41 |RaptoR|

Dacron wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 00:01:
Retired wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 22:31:
Beamer wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 21:14:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 20:00:
What we need to be really concerned about is whether MS will buy CD Projekt Red and make future Witcher and Cyberpunk games Xbox exclusives. It's currently worth $2B, which is close to what MS paid for Minecraft.

Don't give them ideas!

As for Valve, Gabe's cash is largely on paper. This would make it liquid. That's why Epic sold.

Huh? You see valve marketplace recently? Printing cash.

Ya I don't get this.

CSGO alone has sold 39million copies ($195million if all bought at a $5 sale price, a large chunk was not, likely $300m+ earned.). DOTA and CSGO market transactions bring in millions every year.

They're like an over filled atm shooting cash out. I picture Gaben as caricature trying to grab the money as it flies out of his pockets as he walks, sporting a shit eating grin wearing a stained lambda shirt on while hordes of HL fans obsess over him. And that's not counting his money power house Steam (30% of every sale of the vast majority of the biggest gaming market on the planet.)

There is zero reason for him to sell Valve, even if Steam is the money maker and Valve is relatively inactive (I don't think it is, but that's a different discussion) it still brings in millions.

I would imagine any acquisition of Valve would involve a spin-off of Steam to its own company. Seems all they've been interested in over the past few years anyway

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 7, 2017, 00:51 |RaptoR|

Verno wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 12:51:
It's a $500 device with a selling point of "lots of third party patches to enhance games". Very unimpressive, Microsoft really sucks this generation. They need to invest in some first party studio partnerships again, all of their franchises are hitting franchise fatigue territory and when one of your tent poles is "Super Lucky's Tale" then you've got some issues to address.

I wouldn't single out Microsoft: Sony released the PS4 Pro which is the exact same deal. Stronger hardware that requires patching to take advantage of. The difference maker is the VR headset already available for the Sony crowd, but I wager that you'll hear more about Microsofts headsets and Xbox support in the coming months anyway.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 11, 2017, 11:58 |RaptoR|

Worship of this pewdiepie tool needs to stop. What a moron. You don't let something like an n-bomb slip without casually using it in your everyday life. And to think: if I let this slip during work I'd be fired on the spot, and my job is infinitely more intense and stressful than his. Absurd.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed
16. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 9, 2017, 02:39 |RaptoR|

Heltorne wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 23:57:
Sheesh, don't you people ever get sick of the cliche negativity about almost everything?

Blue's comment section has been a cesspit for some time. I tried for a period to call people out on always being so negative, and it just falls on deaf ears. There are quite a few good posters but the loud always-negatives drown out anything worthwhile.

CJ_Parker, Cutter are the biggest offenders by a long shot.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed
6. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 8, 2017, 22:29 |RaptoR|

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 20:25:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 19:42:
You guys really need to wait until the game ships before announcing DLC.

Why? The tards will buy this game no matter what and the real pro-tards will now preorder two copies cuz OMG ITS EVEN GITTIN SPANSHUNS!!!111

Or maybe they'll buy the game because it's fun. Huh. Who'd have thought?

News Comments > QUAKE Development History Dispute
1. Re: QUAKE Development History Dispute Aug 31, 2017, 09:43 |RaptoR|

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

329 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.