Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kevin

Real Name Kevin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname |RaptoR|
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 257542
Description Xbox Live: Heinekev
PSN: Heinekev
Homepage http://www.generallystupid.com
Signed On May 22, 2003, 22:47
Total Comments 303 (Amateur)
User ID 17169

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > ORCS MUST DIE! UNCHAINED Released
1. Re: ORCS MUST DIE! UNCHAINED Released Apr 19, 2017, 10:04 |RaptoR|

Didn't this game come out years ago? Or was that some kind of beta? I remember playing it at PAX 2015 for sure, maybe even before that. Either way, wonder if it's worth checking out  
Playing: Elite Dangerous, Overwatch, DOOM, Heroes of the Storm
Xbox Live: Heinekev
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Destiny 2 in September; PC Included
14. Re: Destiny 2 in September; PC Included Mar 31, 2017, 09:38 |RaptoR|

Definitely has PvP. No subscription fee. You either queue up for PvE activities or PvP activities. There's no PvP in PvE locations, though.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue - Flat Earth... Mar 29, 2017, 11:03 |RaptoR|

MajorD wrote on Mar 29, 2017, 10:50:
Well, Marijuana is becoming legal in more and more states....

As a former resident of a legalized state, I can promise you that excessive consumption of the devils lettuce does not lead one down the path of the Flat Earth

... perhaps it leads one down the path of the Thin Mint Apocalypse, or the Devastation of Doritostan, though.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2017, 11:00 |RaptoR|

http://norfair.generallystupid.com/flaturf.jpg

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2017, 14:12 |RaptoR|

Hey - did nin ever resurface?  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Mar 1, 2017, 10:49 |RaptoR|

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 10:10:
|RaptoR| wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 09:59:
Did you watch it though?
No, I did not watch a video about an unreleased game discussing beta code.
I prefer to get my in-depth analysis from vimeo. /s

Save the snark, no one thinks you're cute or witty. The video does go into pretty good detail about the architecture of the netcode. For 15 minutes, it's pretty informative, and about the best you'll get short of a 4 hour presentation on the subject.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Mar 1, 2017, 09:59 |RaptoR|

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 09:42:
What 3 things don't belong in the same sentence.

Analysis, Youtube and In-Depth

The "look" part was right.

Did you watch it though?

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Feb 22, 2017, 15:25 |RaptoR|

Rigs wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 13:50:
So..I'm curious. I'm not a big MMO player, I have a pretty shitty Net connection, but I've had an itch to get into an MMO. I'm not really interested in WoW, I'm not a fantasy-type. AO looks pretty good. I've been thinking about Runescape too. I've tried Archeage and Guild Wars 2 and they're a little overwhelming. I'm just looking for an RPG with trade and player housing, mainly. Maybe some mining if it's available. Any suggestions?

=-Rigs-=

This will get insane hate, but have you thought about trying SWTOR? It is a casual, story-driven experience that isn't fantasy. It has player housing and decent trade economy /trade skills.

Each class has a pretty epic storyline quest, the world reacts to your status as the intergalactic badass (unlike games like WoW, where you are tasked with getting fish for a woodland hobo while you sit there holding the hammer of the gods and armor from the depths of icecrown), and the last two expansion storylines are fantastic.

It is really a better game than folks give it credit for. The end-game MMO aspect (raiding, mostly) is weaker than WoW, but the leveling experience is far superior.

News Comments > For Honor Workarounds
6. Re: For Honor Workarounds Feb 15, 2017, 12:25 |RaptoR|

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 12:21:
I have all the updates for Windows 10 and still had the stuttering controller problem.

Ah, that blows. The support forums made it sound like it was only affecting folks without the update. That's clearly not the case

News Comments > For Honor Workarounds
4. Re: For Honor Workarounds Feb 15, 2017, 11:56 |RaptoR|

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 10:27:
Typical Ubisoft, make the DRM so onerous that many people can't even launch the game. Seems that you can't even use your wireless controllers? Just pathetic.

If you haven't been keeping your PC up to date, there are potential issues with wireless controllers. Have the anniversary update and an xbox one elite controller, not experiencing the problem myself.

That said, this game is damned fun. Surprisingly fun, actually. Modern bushido blade, and the single player campaign was refreshingly good. I expected it to be an afterthought, but after beating it last night I am impressed.

Killing your first player in the team deathmatch 1v1v1v1 is insanely satisfying. Off with ye head!

News Comments > Magic: The Gathering Digital Plans
18. Re: Magic: The Gathering Digital Plans Jan 15, 2017, 00:13 |RaptoR|

Slick wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 23:31:
Anyone remember THIS MTG game from the '90s?

That was 20 years ago. 20 years of sitting on their asses and never taking a real stab at what could have been with digitizing this game. Never a second thought given to a true MTG online experience. And no, half-assed poorly executed attempts don't count. The best MTG games were the Duels of the Planeswalkers series, except you could only fuck with pre-made decks with a fraction of the total cards in the universe. Not to mention they were more focused on a "call of duty" strategy where they can re-sell the same product every year, instead of building THE definitive online experience with all the collecting and dueling in one place like Hearthstone.

20 fucking years.

I'm honestly amazed that it took Blizzard so long to beat them at their own game, or that no one else did earlier. Mojang's "Scrolls" was a better game IMO than either Hearthstone or MTG, but Microsoft killed that. Paid +$2 Billion for 2 games, decided to focus on one, and just ignore the other. "New game from the creator of Minecraft!" - advertisement no one ever produced.

Ironically enough, everyone within the company knew that MTGO wasn't what it should be and that it needs a complete rework to be able to live up to the potential. When I left Wizards last year, the teams working on it were down to content producers and a few rules engine folks to keep up with maintenance.

I worked in IT as a senior network engineer. The datacenters and technology that power the WotC infrastructure stand up to anyone else in the industry. We took the blame for many MTGO outages, but the reality is that the application was designed to be monolithic and not fault tolerant in the slightest. There are MANY talented folks at WotC, but the leadership was not what it needed to be and I think that the company suffered from a top down lack of understanding on digital gaming in general.

The under-the-curtains architecture of MTGO was incredibly fragile. Anyone who has played the game can attest to how often it's down and how many serious championships (which, despite twitter and other social media claims, were all hands on deck for the IT Operations folks) were impacted by its instability. We did our very best to solve that through infrastructure, but in the end -- a massive application with a significant amount of single points of failure can only be assisted by resilient infrastructure so much.

I am credited on the Duels of the Planeswalker games. While I'm no longer in the gaming industry, I do hold that as a pride point. However, the majority of actual development work was outsourced to Stainless Games. WotC managed the infrastructure (which is where I came in) and provided design guidance and project management, and obviously the art assets... but Stainless maintains the code base.

I am heartbroken to hear of my colleagues who were impacted by this. The companies direction over the past few years (including the mind boggling comments on Hearthstone by one of the executives mentioned by name in this announcement), and its focus on cloud technologies without a real and honest view on how to consume them are troubling. I loved my time at Wizards, and I am eternally grateful for the experiences shared there, but I cannot say that I am surprised.

News Comments > Magic: The Gathering Digital Plans
11. Re: Magic: The Gathering Digital Plans Jan 14, 2017, 21:17 |RaptoR|

What this doesn't tell you is that this re-imaging included laying off 30+ folks, many in IT and infrastructure, while keeping the game designers (whose poor judgement resulted in MTGO) and decision makers in place. Including leadership, who when asked during an internal town hall meeting what WotC was going to do in response Hearthstone, responded: "they aren't competing with us and we don't feel that we need to do anything"

News Comments > No Mass Effect: Andromeda Season Pass
35. Re: No Mass Effect: Andromeda Season Pass Jan 9, 2017, 12:21 |RaptoR|

Quinn wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 10:50:
Slammed? You think "it's it's" is actually correct?

Whether or not it's correct is irrelevant -- you can understand the spirit/meaning of it, and that's what matters. We're not writing reports or publishing studies here, forums follow conversational english and the meaning is clear in context.

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 11:00:
The amount of illiterates in this thread is fucking scary . Low hanging fruit or not but I usually don't comment on illiterate shit cuz the intahnet is full of that crap. However, bored on a Sunday afternoon and being confronted with "it's it's" is too much, man.
I mean you got to actually try to slip inside that mind and figure out what was going on in that little brain when it wrote "it's it's" and how the hell it didn't realize that something was horribly wrong.
WTF do you have to do to completely neglect your lingual hygiene like that? You got to be a lingual hobo... boozed, drugged, shitfaced to the point of total not-giving-a-fuckery.

So you take the grammar police high road and then dump this kind of drivel into the comment box? I'm sure cuz, intahnet, and fuckery are all readily found in Webster's. Rolleyes

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2017, 10:37 |RaptoR|

More on the star collision:

http://www.calvin.edu/academic/phys/observatory/MergingStar/MolnarEtAl2017.pdf
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KIC_9832227

5 years from now we should be able to see a red nova in the sky without assistance of two stars colliding 1800 years ago. That is awesome

News Comments > No Mass Effect: Andromeda Season Pass
27. Re: No Mass Effect: Andromeda Season Pass Jan 9, 2017, 01:31 |RaptoR|

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 8, 2017, 20:58:
Slick wrote on Jan 8, 2017, 16:53:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 8, 2017, 15:45:
Slick wrote on Jan 8, 2017, 15:14:
I'll second that the SP campaign of TF2 was incredible, rival's DOOM. It's it's own thing, not doom-esque, but still amazing.

Dude, first a serious question: Did you, like ever in your whole fucking life, get to see a school from the inside?

Also, Doom's SP campaign that has a "story" that can be written down on the fraction of a wet paper napkin was "incredible"? OK. I've become used to extremely low standards around these parts of the net but seriously, d00d...

lol

I can see one spelling mistake, "rival's" should be "rivals". Is that what you're harping on about?

"It's it's" is perfectly comprehensible, It is, it's own thing. too complicated for your child-like mind?

You gotta be fucking shittin' me bro!
"It's it's" is like the dumbest motherfucking mistake one could possibly make since it is so obviously wrong that "it's" and "it's" can not be in the same sentence like that. The correct one is "It's its... blahblah", of course. Because "it's" = it is and its = possessive reflexive pronoun. Jesus H Christ, dude. English ain't even my first language and even I nubcake know this shit. Goddammit!

So, did you ever go to school? Yes or no?

Also, of course, I didn't play Doom 'cept the demo cuz I'm not retarded. The single player sucked ass. It's just a dumbass shoot'em up. It would do every other game a disservice to call that shit a "campaign". It's a loose arrangement of shooting gallery levels is what it is. And you know I'm right and always will be, forever after,
amen, brother!

You know what's dumber than not understanding "It's it's" in context? Commenting on how shitty a game is after admitting that you never played it.

News Comments > Hero's Song Cancelled
12. Re: Hero's Song Cancelled Dec 27, 2016, 21:12 |RaptoR|

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 21:01:
|RaptoR| wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 18:16:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 13:04:
deqer wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 12:25:
It seems that early access sales were necessary to continue development
lol...

Thanks for wasting everyone's time, John.

Again.

Loved Everquest.
Loved Planetside.
Loved Planetside 2.

I'll let a mistake pass here -- the guy has contributed to three games that have soaked up a metric ton of my time and provided me hours of entertainment. Though to be honest, the barrage of Indie pixel games have never really appealed to me anyway

I think others with a lot more time involved with this man would say this is far from his first mistake to them.

Explain? I didn't say it was his first mistake, btw. He's refunding people, which is not common in scenarios like this and deserves praise. You think Star Citizen will go out and refund everyone?

Also, he went after aimbotters in Planetside 2 with passion that I wish other shooters could match. And if playing his games for 15 years still doesn't entitle me to an opinion, I mean... okay.

Otherwise, not quite sure I follow.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Dec 27, 2016, 19:13 |RaptoR|

Rest in peace, Princess.  

News Comments > Hero's Song Cancelled
10. Re: Hero's Song Cancelled Dec 27, 2016, 18:16 |RaptoR|

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 13:04:
deqer wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 12:25:
It seems that early access sales were necessary to continue development
lol...

Thanks for wasting everyone's time, John.

Again.

Loved Everquest.
Loved Planetside.
Loved Planetside 2.

I'll let a mistake pass here -- the guy has contributed to three games that have soaked up a metric ton of my time and provided me hours of entertainment. Though to be honest, the barrage of Indie pixel games have never really appealed to me anyway

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
10. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Nov 18, 2016, 15:20 |RaptoR|

MacLeod wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 13:13:
VaranDragon wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 12:44:
a fan of the first two Space Hulk PC games in particular.

Nothing beats the original EA Space Hulk adaptation mission briefing guys voice.

"Brother Marine... One squad is available for your command."

Dude's voice was epic.

GET OUTTA MY WAY! I CAN DO ANYTHING!

News Comments > Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10
29. Re: Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10 Sep 9, 2016, 15:27 |RaptoR|

jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 15:12:
|RaptoR| wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 09:39:
I did not weigh in on my opinion of Microsoft or the App Store for Windows. Whether or not his points are valid, his approach is toxic and the overwhelming majority of his post history follows that same trend.

You can have a debate without being an abrasive, toxic, nerd raging asshole. They're not mutually exclusive.

I am calling this out not because I care about Microsoft, but because Bluesnews is a fantastic site with a few rotten apples that drag the comment threads down. Hold yourselves to higher standard.

Unfortunately you picked the thread, topic, and comment where his style is appropriate. Calling him out on threads where it isn't will engender greater success.

You missed the entire point -- being a toxic abrasive asshole is never "appropriate" in a forum like this. The validity of his points are a separate issue from how he conducts himself. He could've made all those points with the same impact without being a toxic asshole.

edit - how about this:

I don't give a fuck what he thinks about Microsoft, the dude is a motherfucking retard who has choked down the free market red pill and filled himself with so much self righteous anger that he can't hold a civil fucking conversation. Everything he argues is irrelevant because he doesn't understand how to take a respectful tone with anyone who may have a different point of view. You know who else acts like this? Fucking terrorists.

CJ Parker is literally a terrorist.

Do you see the difference now? One is appropriate, one is not. I can't agree with you that there is ever a time being a toxic asshole on the internet over a trivial matter is constructive. It's just not man, and the point doesn't justify the delivery.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2016, 15:36.

303 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo