Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kevin

Real Name Kevin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname |RaptoR|
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 257542
Description Xbox Live: Heinekev
PSN: Heinekev
Homepage http://www.generallystupid.com
Signed On May 22, 2003, 22:47
Total Comments 314 (Amateur)
User ID 17169

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 7, 2017, 00:51 |RaptoR|

Verno wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 12:51:
It's a $500 device with a selling point of "lots of third party patches to enhance games". Very unimpressive, Microsoft really sucks this generation. They need to invest in some first party studio partnerships again, all of their franchises are hitting franchise fatigue territory and when one of your tent poles is "Super Lucky's Tale" then you've got some issues to address.

I wouldn't single out Microsoft: Sony released the PS4 Pro which is the exact same deal. Stronger hardware that requires patching to take advantage of. The difference maker is the VR headset already available for the Sony crowd, but I wager that you'll hear more about Microsofts headsets and Xbox support in the coming months anyway.

Playing: Elite Dangerous, PUBG, Heroes of the Storm
Xbox Live: Heinekev
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 11, 2017, 11:58 |RaptoR|

Worship of this pewdiepie tool needs to stop. What a moron. You don't let something like an n-bomb slip without casually using it in your everyday life. And to think: if I let this slip during work I'd be fired on the spot, and my job is infinitely more intense and stressful than his. Absurd.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed
16. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 9, 2017, 02:39 |RaptoR|

Heltorne wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 23:57:
Sheesh, don't you people ever get sick of the cliche negativity about almost everything?

Blue's comment section has been a cesspit for some time. I tried for a period to call people out on always being so negative, and it just falls on deaf ears. There are quite a few good posters but the loud always-negatives drown out anything worthwhile.

CJ_Parker, Cutter are the biggest offenders by a long shot.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed
6. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 8, 2017, 22:29 |RaptoR|

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 20:25:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 19:42:
You guys really need to wait until the game ships before announcing DLC.

Why? The tards will buy this game no matter what and the real pro-tards will now preorder two copies cuz OMG ITS EVEN GITTIN SPANSHUNS!!!111

Or maybe they'll buy the game because it's fun. Huh. Who'd have thought?

News Comments > QUAKE Development History Dispute
1. Re: QUAKE Development History Dispute Aug 31, 2017, 09:43 |RaptoR|

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Open Beta
25. Re: Destiny 2 Open Beta Aug 29, 2017, 18:20 |RaptoR|

Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 18:03:
Yeah, just ran through it and did the drop in co-op map too and was totes unimpressed with it all. The visuals are nice, as to be expected, but the sauce was weak with everything else. No maps - overhead and mini, no journal, shitty console UI is a real PITA where you can't even compare items side by each, nothing to intereact with or do on the map except get slightly confused as to where you're going and why, so you just run from start to finish with all the predictable enemy drops.

This is it? This is the much-hyped Destiny? Fuck, console players are easily impressed aren't they? This is just some bullshit hamster-wheel grind-fest. Yeah, I'll probably get around to giving it a playthrough in a couple of years when it's $5 or less. I could easily skip it entirely and likely will by that point.

Just curious.

What games DO you play, and actually enjoy?

News Comments > Destiny 2 Open Beta
16. Re: Destiny 2 Open Beta Aug 29, 2017, 16:58 |RaptoR|

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 14:50:
Downloading this console peasant garbage as we speak . Let's see... so far this year's record holder for fastest uninstall on my side is the Titanfall 2 free trial which flew off my SSD after less than 10 minutes. Can Destiny 2 beat 10 minutes? Looking at the cheesy dumbass console kiddie trailers I have a feeling we might have a new winner here!

P.S.: What is this shit? 900KB/s download??? I thought Blizztard had nuff money for servers?? Guess not...

http://imgur.com/a/zoymp

Getting 11 MB/s on my download. Time to ditch the DSL, I think.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 20, 2017, 15:44 |RaptoR|

Glad to see No Mans Sky up there. Game has come a long way  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jul 31, 2017, 09:49 |RaptoR|

hoolaparara wrote on Jul 30, 2017, 20:28:
I remember back in the day when I was playing SimCity 3000 and mentioned it would be nice to drive in the city and someone mentioned Streets of SimCity. I'm still surprised no one has done anything like that with newer city builders, seems like a no-brainer if you can get a 3D Map generator going in this age of DLC, you could sell activity packs like racing, transport (train driving, bus driving etc), shooting, maybe an emergency services where you get to fight fires, drive an ambulance etc.

I played SimCopter more than the proper Sim City games back in the day. I'd be in favor of this approach

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 4M
10. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 4M Jun 24, 2017, 03:51 |RaptoR|

I've been having a ton of fun with the game. It's basically "instant action" DayZ. You struggle for a good kit, and then plot out your course within the bubble to best suit your style.

Some folks play aggressive, hunter killers. Some will stay on the outskirts of the bubble picking off transitioners. Some go to the middle and wait it out.

Tons of appeal to me, mostly because it's not the same formula I've been playing since 1994.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Weapon Recoil Follow-up
9. Re: Destiny 2 Weapon Recoil Follow-up Jun 24, 2017, 03:46 |RaptoR|

Numinar wrote on Jun 24, 2017, 01:23:
Bungie has not had a great track record of PC ports, in house or out but I will still probably pre-order this. Being a living, ongoing concern released almost at the same time as the consoles should make them iron out the plentiful issues it's sure to have.

However when it comes to weapon handling, variation and polish there is no equal. There are guns from this game I remember from 3 years ago. The gunfeel with controllers is amazing. The sound, rumble, recoil, animation all made wielding Hawkmoon, Thorn, Last Chance, Word of Crota and their ilk feel so fucking badass in PvP and PvE and the blues/purples you would get for beating a raid or the odd strike always felt so epic. There is a handcrafted quality to all their shit that you just don't get in most loot games. Sure you disenchant most the stuff you find but there was always something awesome to work or hope for and enjoy the fuck out of once you scored it or be jealous of teamates who had.

Agreed. I never got tired of Vision of Confluence or the Vex Mythoclast. And any scout rifle felt amazing too

News Comments > ORCS MUST DIE! UNCHAINED Released
1. Re: ORCS MUST DIE! UNCHAINED Released Apr 19, 2017, 10:04 |RaptoR|

Didn't this game come out years ago? Or was that some kind of beta? I remember playing it at PAX 2015 for sure, maybe even before that. Either way, wonder if it's worth checking out  

News Comments > Destiny 2 in September; PC Included
14. Re: Destiny 2 in September; PC Included Mar 31, 2017, 09:38 |RaptoR|

Definitely has PvP. No subscription fee. You either queue up for PvE activities or PvP activities. There's no PvP in PvE locations, though.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue - Flat Earth... Mar 29, 2017, 11:03 |RaptoR|

MajorD wrote on Mar 29, 2017, 10:50:
Well, Marijuana is becoming legal in more and more states....

As a former resident of a legalized state, I can promise you that excessive consumption of the devils lettuce does not lead one down the path of the Flat Earth

... perhaps it leads one down the path of the Thin Mint Apocalypse, or the Devastation of Doritostan, though.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2017, 11:00 |RaptoR|

http://norfair.generallystupid.com/flaturf.jpg

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2017, 14:12 |RaptoR|

Hey - did nin ever resurface?  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Mar 1, 2017, 10:49 |RaptoR|

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 10:10:
|RaptoR| wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 09:59:
Did you watch it though?
No, I did not watch a video about an unreleased game discussing beta code.
I prefer to get my in-depth analysis from vimeo. /s

Save the snark, no one thinks you're cute or witty. The video does go into pretty good detail about the architecture of the netcode. For 15 minutes, it's pretty informative, and about the best you'll get short of a 4 hour presentation on the subject.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Mar 1, 2017, 09:59 |RaptoR|

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 09:42:
What 3 things don't belong in the same sentence.

Analysis, Youtube and In-Depth

The "look" part was right.

Did you watch it though?

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Feb 22, 2017, 15:25 |RaptoR|

Rigs wrote on Feb 22, 2017, 13:50:
So..I'm curious. I'm not a big MMO player, I have a pretty shitty Net connection, but I've had an itch to get into an MMO. I'm not really interested in WoW, I'm not a fantasy-type. AO looks pretty good. I've been thinking about Runescape too. I've tried Archeage and Guild Wars 2 and they're a little overwhelming. I'm just looking for an RPG with trade and player housing, mainly. Maybe some mining if it's available. Any suggestions?

=-Rigs-=

This will get insane hate, but have you thought about trying SWTOR? It is a casual, story-driven experience that isn't fantasy. It has player housing and decent trade economy /trade skills.

Each class has a pretty epic storyline quest, the world reacts to your status as the intergalactic badass (unlike games like WoW, where you are tasked with getting fish for a woodland hobo while you sit there holding the hammer of the gods and armor from the depths of icecrown), and the last two expansion storylines are fantastic.

It is really a better game than folks give it credit for. The end-game MMO aspect (raiding, mostly) is weaker than WoW, but the leveling experience is far superior.

News Comments > For Honor Workarounds
6. Re: For Honor Workarounds Feb 15, 2017, 12:25 |RaptoR|

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 12:21:
I have all the updates for Windows 10 and still had the stuttering controller problem.

Ah, that blows. The support forums made it sound like it was only affecting folks without the update. That's clearly not the case

314 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo