Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kevin

Real Name Kevin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname |RaptoR|
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 257542
Description Xbox Live: Heinekev
PSN: Heinekev
Homepage http://www.generallystupid.com
Signed On May 22, 2003, 22:47
Total Comments 284 (Amateur)
User ID 17169

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10
29. Re: Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10 Sep 9, 2016, 15:27 |RaptoR|

jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 15:12:
|RaptoR| wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 09:39:
I did not weigh in on my opinion of Microsoft or the App Store for Windows. Whether or not his points are valid, his approach is toxic and the overwhelming majority of his post history follows that same trend.

You can have a debate without being an abrasive, toxic, nerd raging asshole. They're not mutually exclusive.

I am calling this out not because I care about Microsoft, but because Bluesnews is a fantastic site with a few rotten apples that drag the comment threads down. Hold yourselves to higher standard.

Unfortunately you picked the thread, topic, and comment where his style is appropriate. Calling him out on threads where it isn't will engender greater success.

You missed the entire point -- being a toxic abrasive asshole is never "appropriate" in a forum like this. The validity of his points are a separate issue from how he conducts himself. He could've made all those points with the same impact without being a toxic asshole.

edit - how about this:

I don't give a fuck what he thinks about Microsoft, the dude is a motherfucking retard who has choked down the free market red pill and filled himself with so much self righteous anger that he can't hold a civil fucking conversation. Everything he argues is irrelevant because he doesn't understand how to take a respectful tone with anyone who may have a different point of view. You know who else acts like this? Fucking terrorists.

CJ Parker is literally a terrorist.

Do you see the difference now? One is appropriate, one is not. I can't agree with you that there is ever a time being a toxic asshole on the internet over a trivial matter is constructive. It's just not man, and the point doesn't justify the delivery.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2016, 15:36.

Playing: Elite Dangerous, Overwatch, DOOM, Heroes of the Storm
Xbox Live: Heinekev
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10 Sep 9, 2016, 09:39 |RaptoR|

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 07:00:
Kajetan wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 04:34:
|RaptoR| wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 04:11:
Your entire post history is angry nerd rage wharrgarbl. You lost credibility years ago and most people here pity you.
Him being most of the time some angry bitter dude does NOT invalidate his critic of Microsofts abysmal policy of shutting down and neglecting services, rendering purchases no longer usable.

Its not only games. Remember "Plays for sure"? Microsofts DRM for Music downloads? One day they simply canceled the service and all music which had this DRM incorporated did no longer played for sure.

There is a valid reason people get upset with MS regarding these topics: MS simply has a TERRIBLE track record.
Exactly. He may be obnoxious and wrong most of the time but his critique here is spot on. Microsoft is a bane on the gaming industry, especially PC gaming.

jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 04:55:
Your entire post history is angry nerd rage wharrgarbl. You lost credibility years ago and most people here pity you.

Although I'm not a big fan of CJ's posting style most of the time, this is one case where his nerd rage not only fits, but is appropriate to the topic. I got a few good chuckles from his post, and totally agree. Fck MS for their GFWL bullshit.

Kajetan wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 04:34:
Him being most of the time some angry bitter dude does NOT invalidate his critic of Microsofts abysmal policy of shutting down and neglecting services, rendering purchases no longer usable.

Its not only games. Remember "Plays for sure"? Microsofts DRM for Music downloads? One day they simply canceled the service and all music which had this DRM incorporated did no longer played for sure.

There is a valid reason people get upset with MS regarding these topics: MS simply has a TERRIBLE track record.

I did not weigh in on my opinion of Microsoft or the App Store for Windows. Whether or not his points are valid, his approach is toxic and the overwhelming majority of his post history follows that same trend.

You can have a debate without being an abrasive, toxic, nerd raging asshole. They're not mutually exclusive.

I am calling this out not because I care about Microsoft, but because Bluesnews is a fantastic site with a few rotten apples that drag the comment threads down. Hold yourselves to higher standard.

18. Re: Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10 Sep 9, 2016, 04:11 |RaptoR|

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 03:03:
noman wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 01:05:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 20:49:
Again: I'm not touching Microshit's garbage store with a 10 lightyear pole. Not after what they pulled off with GFWL. I uninstalled the store immediately after upgrading, never to be seen again (OK who am I kidding... next major update they will reinstall it w/o my consent but it will fly off the disk again just as swiftly as it returns!).

While GFWL store closed down, that is you can't purchase new games from them, the service is still out there, supporting GFWL games. I have it installed on Windows 10, and it works perfectly fine, still serving out downloads for the game I added to the GFWL account, and keeping track of achievements and other things.

That is complete bullshit. I own(ed) Age of Empires III Complete on GFWL. Can I still install the GFWL client? Yes. Can I download AoE III Complete? Yes. Can I play AoE III Complete? Fuck no.
The game asks for a fucking key when I try to start it. I never got a fucking key because the game is/was tied to my GFWL account.
So what I had to do to be able to play my legally purchased game was google a AoE III key and that luckily worked but without Google I'd be fucked out of a game by Microshit's utter incompetence.

You know, I can even still see the original transaction in my MS account so MS has a record of my purchase. So why did I never get a key when they shut down their retard service?
The very least they should have done would've been to either... A. give everyone a free Steam key for AoE III Complete or... B. add the game to people's MS accounts and provide a key or account-bound version from there or... C. select any other method of their choosing to allow GFWL game owners access to their legally acquired games.

Microshit did none of that. They effectively stole my game from me. They are the only digital platform so far who have lost a game and they (unfortunately) do not even have the excuse of going out of business or anything. They just didn't give a fuck when they shut down GFWL.

That is why I am NEVER going to purchase a game from a Microshit storefront again. NEVER. They have broken rule no. 1 which is trust. Who is to say that their CEO or Phil Spencer doesn't consider the Win 10 store a "failure" next month and they shut it down in similar fashion to GFWL, not giving a fuck and screwing people out of their legal purchases? I ain't taking that risk again with these jokers. Fuck Microshit.

noman wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 00:33:
Aaha, another one smoldering with generic rage, or may be this is full time parody season in this thread.

[...]

These application just simply are few of the best of such news and sports stats collectors.

The only "parody" here is that you seem to honestly believe that those Win 10 apps are among the "best" apps for the related purposes. Are you for real? That is outright hilarious. Have you ever had your IQ checked? I'd be extremely curious if it's much above room temperature (in degrees Celsius). I'd bet it's a really close call...

News Comments > Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 Confirmed
8. Re: Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 Confirmed Jun 14, 2016, 13:10 |RaptoR|

yuastnav wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 12:40:
I've been wanting a game similar to Test Drive Unlimited 2 and people in a thread a couple of years ago told me that what I'm looking for is Forza Horizon 2 (since The Crew is pretty terrible due to bad driving... why you would fuck up something like the driving in a racing game is beyond me).

Is Forza Horizon 3 going in a similar direction? If that is the case I'd need to upgrade to W10... which I really don't want to do.

On the other hand I did upgrade to Win XP back in the day so I could play X2.

The Horizon games are some of my favorites across all genres, and certainly best in class in racing/free roam!

News Comments > Blood Kickstarter Possible
11. Re: Blood Kickstarter Possible Jun 6, 2016, 11:40 |RaptoR|

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 10:08:
So long as it has a soundtrack by Type O Negative.

I'm sure you're aware, but just incase you didn't know... Peter Steele passed away in 2010.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Steele

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
10. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 6, 2016, 09:48 |RaptoR|

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 15:06:
Wallshadows wrote on Jun 5, 2016, 14:57:
I could never understand which part of the market Steam Machines were suppose to corner or even compete with.

Console market, of course. Thus the controller and the Link thingie.

I'm very glad they failed. The last thing the PC needs is yet another (besides Microsoft) mega corp trying to force people to abandon their PCs and to join the living room with all the other console peasants in it.

Calling it how it is, as someone who owns both the controller and steam link: they are great ideas that were not delivered to promise.

Steam Link is effectively unusable on wireless. Through a powerline ethernet adapter, it works good -- but then it has limited USB support, so you can't use things like wheels or flight sticks through it. A product that is so close to being relevant and good and it's just not thanks to the locked down USB support.

The steam controller offers nothing compelling over an Xbox One controller which is cheaper and more widely supported. Frankly, the XB1 controller is more comfortable and easier to get working than the steam controller. Just another half baked idea that was a good attempt but not enough to unseat the incumbent go-to option.

News Comments > DOOM Released
72. Re: Morning Mobilization May 13, 2016, 17:40 |RaptoR|

Xero wrote on May 13, 2016, 16:38:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on May 13, 2016, 15:56:
Xero wrote on May 13, 2016, 13:03:
While I have disposable income these days, I still can't justify the high prices at times when I have other priorities to pay for such as I don't know... RENT, car payment, student loan, electric, phone, FOOD, etc. It makes it hard at times to include full priced games, but it's what I enjoy. Gaming. Does that mean I should be excluded because I can't afford to pay full price at times?

I wasn't aware we were all entitled to the luxury items that we want regardless of our ability to pay. I should try that tactic when I replace my car in a few years and see if I can leverage my used Corolla budget to get a new Porsche.

Were not talking about jacking a Porsche here. Paying 60 vs paying let's say 20 or 30 is a big difference when you see what you can buy at a lower income with that 30 or 40 your saving. Food, gas, a utility bill.

Some people at the higher bracket would never understand that because they never had to deal with it and feel nobody lives like that.

Video gaming is not a utility. It is not a right.

It is a hobby.

Trying to compare the cost of games to the cost of utilities is like saying you need games to survive -- you don't.

I have been at the low bracket, and I always understood that I could not buy all the games that hit the market and that I had to be a lot more discerning about what I did put my money towards. It sucks. But that isn't the game developer or even the publishers responsibility.

71. Re: DOOM Released May 13, 2016, 17:37 |RaptoR|

Drayth wrote on May 13, 2016, 16:34:
Fucking console kites

lol Thumbsup

70. Re: Morning Mobilization May 13, 2016, 17:32 |RaptoR|

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on May 13, 2016, 15:56:
Xero wrote on May 13, 2016, 13:03:
While I have disposable income these days, I still can't justify the high prices at times when I have other priorities to pay for such as I don't know... RENT, car payment, student loan, electric, phone, FOOD, etc. It makes it hard at times to include full priced games, but it's what I enjoy. Gaming. Does that mean I should be excluded because I can't afford to pay full price at times?

I wasn't aware we were all entitled to the luxury items that we want regardless of our ability to pay. I should try that tactic when I replace my car in a few years and see if I can leverage my used Corolla budget to get a new Porsche.

I am glad I am not the only one that caught this. That entitlement is mind boggling

News Comments > No Man's Sky Footage
25. Re: No Man's Sky Footage Apr 15, 2016, 03:33 |RaptoR|

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 17:43:
I think Hello Games would be crazy to not support VR for this title, especially at this price point. Atmosphere is the best thing this game has going for it and that's what's needed for a great VR experience. What was demoed in this video gives me even more concern that this game is going to feel repetitive very quickly. The people bitching about elite being boring have usually sunk in over 500 hours- I was bored by this video within 10 minutes.

As far as Elite is concerned, I don't think people understand how refined Elite's core systems are and how much polish the game has. I understand that it's got some serious bugs (mostly around the networking side of things), but the game has a level of completeness that this game and Star Citizen are still no where near. Problem with Elite is that they have worked on these core systems to a fault, they've neglected to create enough content on top of this foundation which is very frustrating.

This is the first criticism of Elite that I agree with -- and I am a 500 hour player ( http://imgur.com/pKBlI7j ).

I wrote off Elite after picking it up, but on a whim I tried it again with a proper HOTAS / Pedal setup. It was incredible how awesome it was. With the Rift, Elite Dangerous is easily my favorite game. I can't get enough of it.

The core gameplay and systems in Elite are super solid. Flying around is just fun. In all the time I've spent, I haven't really put much effort into exploration (I'm more of a bounty hunter/space trucker/smuggler type), but the excitement of playing in Open and being active in the community offset a bit of the difficulty in finding the game underneath the sim.

And Open, with VR, has become such a fun experience because dogfighting feels so natural. Follow the target as they go above/behind you much easier, and also see blindsides coming without having to stare at the radar.

I agree with you on the lack of VR support for No Man's Sky. The devs have apparently stated that they may add it at some time in the future but it's not something they are actively working on nor do they really have plans around it. It's really non-committal. VR is a game changer for the sim genre in general, and a PERFECT fit for this game. It's mind boggling that this isn't going to support VR.

Anyway, sorry for the rant with no point. I love Elite, and I think anyone who enjoyed Starlancer and could dig the idea of a make your own adventure space sim (very firefly-like) should give it a solid shot.

The game is hard and pulls no punches, but after the initial difficulty it really blossoms

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 2016, 03:51.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Footage
24. Re: No Man's Sky Footage Apr 15, 2016, 03:25 |RaptoR|

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 11:13:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 10:33:
It just looks like a $20 indie title, rather than a big retail Witcher 3 or Mass Effect scale game.

And this is why we`ll never see a truly next-gen AAA game. Not because big corporations suck - they do - but first and foremost because gamers do not want anything that takes them out of their comfort zone.

And "where is the game?" from a guy who plays Elite:Dangerous? ROTFL.

I`m kind of glad there was no internet in the 80s. If Meier, Braben, Garriot and the rest of originators read such debilitating comments, they would go and made some spreadsheets instead of games.

Elite Dangerous is one of the best games I've ever played. If you can't find a way to enjoy it, that's on you man.

News Comments > Evolution Studios Closes
4. Re: Evolution Studios Closes Mar 23, 2016, 17:23 |RaptoR|

The Plus fiasco was on Sony's end.

DriveClub has been the only game to match Forza in terms of fun factor for a long time. Not sure how horrible would ever be a word to describe it.

It was wheel support away from being one of my favorite racing games. Ah, well.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records
11. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records Mar 10, 2016, 02:01 |RaptoR|

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 01:18:
More proof that gaming is truly fucked. We have fully arrived in McDonald's territory now where the shittiest possible garbage junk food sells best.

Not amused.

???

The game is fun. Not sure where all the armchair critics are coming from. Have you actually played it? What do you think is "wrong" with it?

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records
10. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records Mar 10, 2016, 01:59 |RaptoR|

Slick wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 23:32:
Philll wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 22:33:
Nice! The record for Ubi's sales records and 'naive purchasing decisions' were broken on the same day.

How ironic.

Open beta for a full weekend across all platforms showing off a sizable portion of the finished product 2 weeks before launch. Or you know, those "naive" buyers.

Begone with your logic, it's not welcome here!

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 28, 2016, 21:17 |RaptoR|

Interesting.

I have no interest or strong opinion one way or another on this issue, but I will say this: the commentators google docs response reads like it was written by a 12 year old kid on Xbox live.

News Comments > On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues
12. Re: On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues Feb 20, 2016, 23:54 |RaptoR|

Creston wrote on Feb 20, 2016, 13:23:
Is anyone having framerate issues during the actual game, or just in the transfer scenes, like I am?

I honestly don't even care about the FPS drops in the transfer scenes. Be nice if they fixed them, but eh. I'd much rather see them spend time on tweaking the 'random' map generator, so it stops really just generating one kind of map that just looks different.

The longer I have the game running, the more I start to see stutters in-game. Relaunch and it's not a big deal.

Honestly it hasn't been more than a minor annoyance anyway

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Matchmaking Update
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm Matchmaking Update Feb 18, 2016, 00:01 |RaptoR|

cackle wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 21:47:
I beg to differ, but i'm a strategist, as well as hardcore player, who plays to win and will find a way. but obvious the common player pool will have issues. My debate would be, "Would you lower the standards of special forces to let women in?" Doubt it, so why would you lower your strategic standards for your "competitive" game... Game needs the best players, playing the best, and down from there, End of story. Can't mix....

This is the casual queue on a casual game. I'm a try-hard myself, and that's why I get frustrated with two goons eating up spots on my team running around with a Cho'gall being useless.

I play Heroes to get a break from hyper competitive gaming. The tweaks are only applied to the casual queue, so I don't see why you disagree with them.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Matchmaking Update
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Matchmaking Update Feb 17, 2016, 21:18 |RaptoR|

This is a much needed adjustment. Getting stuck with a Cho is bad enough, but then to have a Nova/Zeratul/Abathur just makes it a miserable experience.

Especially without a surrender button.

Also, RIP Li Ming. You burned bright, but you burned fast

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Feb 17, 2016, 21:17 |RaptoR|

Li Ming. RIP.

News Comments > Battlezone Remake Renamed; Coming This Spring
10. Re: Battlezone Remake Renamed; Coming This Spring Feb 17, 2016, 04:09 |RaptoR|

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 23:34:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 18:39:
nin wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 18:23:
Gladly play this again with modern hardware. Loved this first one the best (b2 didn't do much for me).

A lot of people say this, and I don't get it, honestly. I have to assume it's the backgrounds, the moon looked cooler than a lot of jungle planets, etc. that were in BZ2.

Planet landscapes aside, BZ2 was about as superior as you could get to a given predecessor, in every other way.

Oh well, more interest in Battlezone(*) is always good.

I just felt like the tanks were more fun to drive in the first one. I really couldn't get into the second, despite really wanting to love it as much as the first.

Same. I loved the first so much and was super stoked for the second. Didn't spend nearly as much time, and I have no real reason why other than it just didn't feel as good as the first

284 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo