Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wetworks

Real Name Wetworks   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 15, 2003, 11:01
Total Comments 102 (Novice)
User ID 17066

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
18. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Dec 3, 2016, 00:35 Wetworks

The graphics look nice with the exception of the facial animations. It'll be a day 1 buy for me, not only for the extensive single player but also for the horde co-op mp. The ME 3 mp was a lot of fun and they said it's returning for Andromeda.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Josh Mosqueira Leaves Blizzard
20. Re: Josh Mosqueira Leaves Blizzard Jul 3, 2016, 20:40 Wetworks

Blizz has already put up job postings for a new Diablo,

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/07/blizzard-job-posting-outs-plans-for-new-diablo-game/

A brand-new "unannounced" entry in the Diablo world was, er, announced on Friday by way of an official job posting for—get this—the next entry's director. It's the game-news equivalent of New Line Cinema saying a new Lord of the Rings film is coming but, whoops, Peter Jackson's not involved, and they could really use a new person to get this thing up and running.

The post seeks someone to "lead the Diablo series into the future." While such a public push for a series director might read like an attempt to bring more diversity into the hiring pool, we'd frankly be shocked to see anybody other than the industry's old-guard vets fulfilling application requirements such as five years of game-directing experience and shipping "multiple AAA products as a game director or creative director." The job posting mentions nothing about virtual reality or other experimental hardware.

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection Leak?
9. Re: BioShock: The Collection Leak? Jun 30, 2016, 06:44 Wetworks

No FOV slider no buy.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 22, 2016, 21:58 Wetworks

Seems like the fraudulent keys were sold on the marketplace, which is like ebay. If you buy direct from G2A themselves I think you'll be fine, although there is always a risk with using sites like this.

News Comments > Battleborn Adding Microtransactions
7. Re: Battleborn Adding Microtransactions Jun 14, 2016, 22:24 Wetworks

This system is more generous than Overwatch, it's around $3 for a skin. $3 for Overwatch is a few loot boxes which is nothing. Being able to buy individual skins vs. random loot boxes is much more consumer friendly.

Also, you can get plenty of skins and taunts for free in the game.

Also, all new gameplay content for the game is free. New characters, maps, modes and extra content all free.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2016, 22:31.

News Comments > Battleborn Adds Alani, Introduces Pendles
7. Re: Battleborn Adds Alani, Introduces Pendles May 25, 2016, 03:54 Wetworks

Sepharo wrote on May 25, 2016, 01:48:
Wetworks wrote on May 24, 2016, 22:12:
Overwatch is fun in short bursts, but like bubblegum the lack of progression and complexity leaves me sated after a few matches.

You're using the word "sated" wrong.
Just trying to be helpful. I normally wouldn't point out something like this but you've got it completely opposite there and if you're doing this often that could be really confusing for the reader

Actually I used it correctly. After a few matches of Overwatch I am sated, meaning that I am full and satisfied and no longer have any desire to play the game. Like chewing bubble gum, it was fun for a few minutes but then I have my fill and spit it out. Another way of saying it is that Overwatch imo is a bit simplistic so it is easier to get everything I want out of it and I have no real desire for more.

4. Re: Battleborn Adds Alani, Introduces Pendles May 24, 2016, 22:24 Wetworks

Check my oldest post in my post history and you shall have your answer.

Also, the Evil Within averaged 76 and 79 on the consoles, the reason the PC version scored so low was technical problems even though the PC version is by far the best now.

2. Re: Battleborn Adds Alani, Introduces Pendles May 24, 2016, 22:12 Wetworks

The 26 min let's play video of Alani shows exactly why I enjoy Battleborn so much more than Overwatch. Overwatch is fun in short bursts, but like bubblegum the lack of progression and complexity leaves me sated after a few matches.

Battleborn is just so much more complex, meaningful account and character progression, gear farming and selection, mutation unlocks, leveling up during the match, multiple objectives on the map, 30 minute matches, PvE and PvP content, actually unique and different gameplay modes, etc...

Steam shows I have 2 hrs in TF2 and I have 220 hrs in Planetside 2. I just like deeper games.

News Comments > Battleborn New Character & Double XP Plans
1. Re: Battleborn New Character & Double XP Plans May 19, 2016, 21:52 Wetworks

More XP for me. I'm looking forward to the three new mp maps they're working on.  

News Comments > DOOM Released
16. Re: DOOM Released May 13, 2016, 11:26 Wetworks

Beat the first 3 levels. It starts off slow but picks up around level 2. Level 3 really shows the large map design, hidden secrets and you start to get a sense of the monster and weapon variety. The deeper in I go the better the game gets. I'm playing on ultra violent and I've died several times.

Performance has been outstanding, on mostly high/ultra settings with no vsync, motion blur, CA or DoF I'm averaging somewhere around 100fps with my 970 @ 1080.

News Comments > DOOM Trailers
24. Re: DOOM Trailers May 12, 2016, 10:38 Wetworks

The guys over at Polygon showing off their 1337 shooting skills,

https://youtu.be/9yYp8ZeQ-I8?t=10m25s

News Comments > Three Unannounced CAPCOM Games Coming
3. Re: Three Unannounced CAPCOM Games Coming May 10, 2016, 10:43 Wetworks

RE6 has a 69% metacritic on PC, that's pretty bad for a AAA game. Fans might have liked it but it got panned pretty hard by the review sites.

I almost beat Revelations and had a good time, that wasn't a AAA title though. I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom spent around $100 million making RE6.

News Comments > Three Unannounced CAPCOM Games Coming
1. Re: Three Unannounced CAPCOM Games Coming May 10, 2016, 10:24 Wetworks

Never played any of the main Resident Evil games. Might be interested in 7 if they learn from their RE 6 disaster.

If they did simple stuff like pull the camera back, give us fov options and focus more on smoothing the shooting and controls it could be fun.

This comment was edited on May 10, 2016, 10:29.

News Comments > DOOM @ 200 FPS Under Vulkan
2. Re: DOOM @ 200 FPS Under Vulkan May 9, 2016, 10:26 Wetworks

I already have this pre-ordered. Word is Bethesda is not giving out early review copies. If this is true than they might not be confident it's a great game. From the footage I've seen it looks fun and runs well. Campaign is supposedly around 13-15 hours with not much story and an emphasis on clearing our arenas of demons.

There's not any good fps coming out till Deux Ex in August so this will have to do.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 May 8, 2016, 19:51 Wetworks

I'm having a lot of fun with Battleborn, too bad it didn't top the list for the week. The population seems fine on PC, I haven't had any problems finding a group for PvP or PvE.  

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Overtime
7. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 8, 2016, 19:41 Wetworks

Quinn wrote on May 8, 2016, 19:11:
Dentorro wrote on May 8, 2016, 18:03:
I'm having a lot more fun with it then I did with battleborn, might grab it.

Bought Battleborn. Enjoyed Battleborn for 2 days. Intended to make a review this weekens. Started playing this beta instead. Sure the game isn't a MOBA but it still completely overshadows Battleborn.

It's a matter of preference. IMO, if you're more of a CoD or TF2 player where you want fast kills and twitch gameplay then you'll probably enjoy Overwatch more.

If you're more of a moba or MMO player and like a lot of leveling, gear and PvE elements in your PvP then Battleborn will probably be more your thing. Time to kill is a lot higher in Battleborn than in Overwatch so you have to really work for your kills like in a moba or MMO. I'm more of an MMO PvPer so I'm digging Battleborn a lot more than Overwatch.

News Comments > Black Desert Online Mediah Part Two
3. Re: Black Desert Online Mediah Part Two May 5, 2016, 04:27 Wetworks

There's no such thing as an mmo without a grind. However, in Star Wars The Old Republic you can level to cap by doing only story missions if your a subscriber. That's about the best you'll get, it feels almost like a single player rpg that way.  

News Comments > Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown
52. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 22:13 Wetworks

Redmask wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 21:35:
Maybe 3 years ago but it isn't true anymore, it's the opposite. They have retasked another team to produce more World of Warcraft content after Titan was shuttered and people were split between Overwatch and unassigned projects. They are aiming to produce more content patches and expansions to help revitalize the game, assuming that's even possible.

And yet their last expansion, Warlords of Draenor was a huge bomb. It had fun questing but once you hit max level there was nothing to do for 2 years. There is no reason not to have vanilla servers for people to mess around on as extra fun content. They can open up a new vanilla server each year to reboot the experience, sort of like seasons in Diablo 3.

News Comments > Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown
41. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 18:07 Wetworks

Vanilla servers is such a no brainer for Blizzard I have no idea why they haven't done it yet.

Blizzard is infamous for having no releveant content for Wow during the last year of each expansion. Subs dry out as people get bored with nothing to keep their interest. Then the next expansion hits and they might sub for another few months to get their fix.

If Blizz actually put some time and care into creating legitimate vanilla servers it would give their subs something else to do between each content patch. I can't see how this wouldn't be a winning move by Blizz.

News Comments > Battleborn Open Beta by the Numbers
3. Re: Battleborn Open Beta by the Numbers Apr 23, 2016, 00:05 Wetworks

I put around 12 hrs into the open beta with a friend. So far I like this more than Overwatch. I only played a few games of Overwatch but games seemed to take around 5-10 minutes. Battleborn on the other hand is around 20-30 minutes per match. I prefer longer games where I can develop my hero and work towards multiple objectives rather than a 7 minute match like Overwatch where it ends right when I'm getting warmed up.

Battleborn also has a large co-op PvE side that Overwatch doesn't have complete with item farming and multiple difficulty modes. It's just a more complete and satisfying game to me than Overwatch.

102 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo