Descending
Limit Results:

7 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

I'm honestly shocked...
Oct 7, 2003, 19:00
I'm honestly shocked... Oct 7, 2003, 19:00
Oct 7, 2003, 19:00

...at how few people here are pissed off at these guys who have stolen the code and leaked it.

I'm pretty pissed as should everyone.

Valve has done such a great job in the past of creating products that have supported it's community and all in all has given it everything that is has wanted.

Then members of this very same community steal the code, and the rest of the community just ho's and hum's about the code being stolen and points fingers at the developer and publisher for being idiots or accuses them of trying to pull a cheap marketing ploy.

Wake up people, educate yourselves better about the industry that you are all so quick to criticize, DEMAND things from and point the finger at.

The conspiracy theories are a waste of time space and effort. Everyone here should be freaking out about this theft. Everyone should doing everything that they can to find out who has screwed everyone out of this game until the next year. We should also be freaking out about how these PUNKS have cost A LOT of people one HELLUAVA lot of money.

I HOPE THESE F%CKER$ BURN
Oct 7, 2003, 17:35
I HOPE THESE F%CKER$ BURN Oct 7, 2003, 17:35
Oct 7, 2003, 17:35

Why hasn't anyone spoken out against these morons that have screwed this up for everyone? An arrogant mother fu...er or two ruins it for everyone like always in life.

I swear, I hope that whoever is responsible for this get's caught and slammed right into Jail.

Re: Tasty
Sep 15, 2003, 12:14
Re: Tasty Sep 15, 2003, 12:14
Sep 15, 2003, 12:14

Liquid Entertainment are one of the best developers on the block, THEY ROCK. I'm sure that they are doing and AWESOME job on WoTR.

I'm psyched about this demo, looking forward to playing it.

To the guy that doesn't think there is anything new in RTS's these days: WAKE UP! WarCraft III was VERY different, Battle Realms was VERY different, Age of Myth was different Rise of Nations was unique etc.

Each RTS has it's own little tweaks that make it unique. The genre is a little stagnant, no new game of late has been COMPLETELY unique but there are still strong differences between the games that make them compelling to play.

Re: Good for you Blue
Aug 29, 2003, 01:14
Re: Good for you Blue Aug 29, 2003, 01:14
Aug 29, 2003, 01:14

"I for sure will not buy the game until I get to see a demo."

Well then wait a freaking week after File Planets "exclusive" period runs out and download the demo then.

SHEEEEEESH!

Re: No subject
Aug 29, 2003, 01:12
Re: No subject Aug 29, 2003, 01:12
Aug 29, 2003, 01:12

"What bothers me is seeing companies that serve up large numbers of game reviews now having more reason to get 'in' with the game publishers."

More reason to get into bed with game publishers? Man, every single game magazine on the planet has ALWAYS relied ENTIRELY on the advertising dollars of a the publishers whos games they review. They don't need more of a reason and this sure doesn't add to the equation much.

This ONE WEEK "exclusive" is not damaging to the game industry in any way whatsoever. It's beneficial, it will help fileplanet suck in a few more subscribers and Activision will make a few extra dollars out of it or get some free advertising. Anyway that the industry we all love can make a buck or two in return for offering a segment of the market something special is a good thing.

File Planet showed be comended for a) supporting it's existing subscribers with a cool one week ahead sneak peak at a great game & b) coming up with a unique way to pull in a few more monthly subscribers.

Anyone who bitches is just whiny and impatient.

Hypocrite, HERE, HERE!
Aug 29, 2003, 00:40
Hypocrite, HERE, HERE! Aug 29, 2003, 00:40
Aug 29, 2003, 00:40

Shame on you Blues News, someone in the industry trying to make a buck and you freak out about it? Just because you guys were unable to pull off the exclusive deal with Activision yourselves you pull a hissy fit? PATHETIC, and all this after you bombard us with a MASSIVE increase of advertisment on your website.

What side of the fence are you on Blues?

Instead of bitching about the exclusive, why don't you get off you lazy asses and try to get an exclusive of your own?

And to the rest of you whiners about the exclusive... oh my god, you'll have to wait AN ENTIRE EXTRA WEEK to get your hands on the demo. CHRIST!

Re: hmmm
May 13, 2003, 13:52
Re: hmmm May 13, 2003, 13:52
May 13, 2003, 13:52

John Carmack has a lot to be proud of with his technical achievments. I'm looking forward to seeing the new technical advancements of the DOOM III engine, I'm also excited about seeing what Valve has incorporated into Half Life 2.

One thing that he should not be proud of is the fact that his game company does nothing for gameplay. Not only does id Software not release any games with any dundamentally different gameplay aspects to them, but everyone else in the industry also wastes their time trying to catch up to them technologically leaving gameplay behind to suffer in their games as well.

The industry is only just now starting to recover from the Quake III Arena engine, and now we're seeing more of a focus on gameplay. The Doom III engine will throw everyone one else back into tech catch up mode again, once again forcing gameplay to suffer.

Getting onto the topic of Dungeon Seige, I loved playing it for a week or two but it got really old pretty quick. This was another case of the engine being the major focus of the game, hopefully DSII will give them a chance to focus on putting some meat into the gameplay now that most of the engine code is in place.

Fingers crossed.

This comment was edited on May 13, 13:53.
7 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older