Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kobalt

Real Name Kobalt   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kobalt
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 8, 2003, 02:24
Total Comments 641 (Apprentice)
User ID 16975

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 4, 2017, 18:08 Kobalt

Fucking finally. A fighting game where not only is the port not terrible, it's actually better than console. Tekken 7 is the fighting game of the year no question.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Street Fighter V Stage and CFN Next Week
1. Re: New Street Fighter V Stage and CFN Next Week May 27, 2017, 14:29 Kobalt

Well, one good thing about SFV I guess it reiterated to never pre order games. Capcom games in particular since they have to problem releasing games in early access and not labeling them as such.  

1. Re: Steam Top 10 May 8, 2017, 00:25 Kobalt

I know how everyone is talking about the amazing sucess of PUB but I'm personally amazed at nier being in the top 10 for a month. For over a decade people have been begging and pleading japanese devs to stop ignore pc and I can only hope the recent successes makes the current trend continue.  

News Comments > TERA Turns Five
2. Re: TERA Turns Five May 6, 2017, 01:12 Kobalt

Reinstalled recently and to me it easily still has the best combat of any mmo. Sucks that like most korean mmos it has laughably small amount of content considering how old it is.  

News Comments > Capcom Fighters Network Beta 2 This Month
1. Re: Capcom Fighters Network Beta 2 This Month May 2, 2017, 00:07 Kobalt

God I hope tekken 7 turns out to be good. All these shitshow fighting game releases are killing the genre(again).  

News Comments > Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition for PC in EU
1. Re: Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition for PC in EU Apr 24, 2017, 17:54 Kobalt

Whats namco's problem with bundling the game with dlc in the us? Bloodborne never got a game of the year edition in the us either.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 17, 2017, 18:40 Kobalt

What does ractial profiling even have to do with this?  

News Comments > PC Bayonetta Released
3. Re: PC Bayonetta Released Apr 11, 2017, 19:52 Kobalt

Good shit. Vanquish on pc in my lifetime???

Too bad we will never see bayonetta 2 on pc though unless nintendo goes the way of sega =/.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 9, 2017, 19:59 Kobalt

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 17:54:

What do you mean, like a 100+ player DM(single elimination or otherwise) style game in a Battlefield engine variant?

I know PUsB (tm) is popular at the moment, but is this really a new genre? There's that and H1Z1:KotK right? Technically both by the same guy?

You could say the same about the moba genre. Heroes of newerth and dota 2 were worked on by the same guy. Hell tons of people that worked on the orginial dota worked on league of legends.

Something that might not translate well in videos is the tension the longer the game goes on. Sure if you have a bad spawn and die in the first few minutes it's not different from any fps.

You get to 15+ minutes and it becomes a time investment and the tension starts. It's similar of a match in a moba that goes on for a long time. The longer you last the more you want to win to make the time investment worth it and suddenly the game is very intense.

Osc8r wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 18:39:

Just as long as Blizzard doesn't come along and ruin the genre entirely by dumbing it down the masses.

I'm not too worried. They tried with their moba and failed. You could make the point perhaps years ago when league was the only game in town but dota 2 is doing fine even it's not nearly as big.

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 9, 2017, 17:37 Kobalt

Like the moba genre pre dota 2, it's becoming increasing ridiculous that no major studio has made a battleground game(the division dlc doesn't count). EA already has the tech, increase the map size and player count in battlefield(maybe tone down the physics to compensate) and they would be good to go.  

News Comments > NieR Ships 1M Copies
4. Re: NieR Ships 1M Copies Apr 5, 2017, 14:03 Kobalt

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 13:56
Yeh, SteamSpy sez 220K PC copies so PS4 won by a landslide as expected for a consolized casual garbage anime jump&run game. [/quote:

I always love when people out themselves as knowing nothing of what they are talking about.

News Comments > The Secret World Becoming F2P Secret World Legends
7. Re: The Secret World Becoming F2P Secret World Legends Mar 29, 2017, 15:21 Kobalt

Considering the only good part of the secret world was the quests I don't understand why they never made a single player game out of it. The combat was so garbage there can only be improvement with this.  

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Earns $11M
4. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Earns $11M Mar 27, 2017, 19:07 Kobalt

Thank god h1z1 has some competition. Maybe those incompetent fucks will actually add features and fix bugs at more then a snails pace. Who am I kidding. These are the same people that added content without loot way back in the day in everquest.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Revealed
3. Re: Destiny 2 Revealed Mar 27, 2017, 18:51 Kobalt

You called one of the most popular games in recent years getting a sequel? Calm down nostradamus  

News Comments > LawBreakers Closed Beta Begins
1. Re: LawBreakers Closed Beta Begins Mar 16, 2017, 20:45 Kobalt

Came for new UT with crazy abilities but all I got is a less fun overwatch. This game needs some serious changes.  

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
1. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Mar 16, 2017, 20:13 Kobalt

Lookin good. Looks to have a similar feel to the arena shooters that are almost extinct while having characters with abilities so that someone under 25 might actually try it.

Glad there's no overwatch style ultimates tho. While they made it play like no other fps out there it did dampen the skill requirement that this subgenre kind of needs.

News Comments > Outlast 2 Refused Classification In Australia
2. Re: Outlast 2 Refused Classification In Australia Mar 16, 2017, 17:08 Kobalt

Check out resident evil 7. It goes from from amnesia to well...resident evil real quick.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized
11. Re: Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized Nov 16, 2016, 15:30 Kobalt

16 years ago when I was blown away by the ingame server browser for starsiege tribes not once did I think we reached our peak.

For all the people saying pc gaming is winning lately it sure as hell still feels like console land at times.

News Comments > Battlerite Early Access
1. Re: Battlerite Early Access Sep 23, 2016, 17:55 Kobalt

So strange this seems to be so popular when bloodline champions did so poorly. Guess all you need to do is make your game cartoony and you are good to go?  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 11, 2016, 17:09 Kobalt

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 14:21:
Last time I looked the market is loaded with 4k TV's and monitors, it is hard to find a 1080p one these days.

Lol hows that bubble you living in? 1080p tvs hard to find these days? Fewer than 1 in 20 have 4k tvs in the us, and according to the steam survey 4k monitor penetration is minuscule.

Yeah you see a lot of 4k things advertised but people aren't buying them yet. And why would they when they can get 1080 for half the price and there's almost no 4k content? Maybe a few years 4k will matter but we aren't there yet.

641 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo