Descending
Limit Results:

10 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: more or less fun than Allegiance?
Sep 9, 2003, 22:23
Re: more or less fun than Allegiance? Sep 9, 2003, 22:23
Sep 9, 2003, 22:23

The workers are ai controlled, while the players can perform the tasks of the workers its better to have the workers do the mundain tasks. You also for the most part have to research a lower tech item to get the higher tech stuff, all sorts of requirments to build something or research something. So you cant just go for 1 thing, have to atleast get the stuff along the way.

I find that often when I command I will totaly change a strategy based on what they are comming at me with, as having differnt techs can provide differnt types of towers that work better on differnt weapons, and such. I also base it off the people who are playing, some weapons are better for newer players while other weapons can be deadly if you are skilled in it. So knowing your troops can give you a nice early advantage.

Anyways, I cant wait to get the fresh blood in game and see how games develope. Should be quite fun..

Re: eck...
Aug 28, 2003, 13:33
Re: eck... Aug 28, 2003, 13:33
Aug 28, 2003, 13:33

I think you missed the point of the combat of savage, each race/unit has its own way of fighting. As a human you are going to be inferiour to the beasts in melee combat because they have melee upgrades(3) some of which act as their starting weapons to the humans bows(3) Then with each tech(3) you get additional weapons(3) which are range for both races. So adding all that up there is 21 ranged weapons, 3 upgraded melee weapons as well as 6 differnt units who each have a differnt style of attacking in melee, and 4 siege units which is a whole differnt world of play.

But the main point being that humans have their 12 differnt range weapons so you can do some damage to those beasts before they start pouncing in on you and beat on you with their melee abilities.

Re: my (p)review of savage
Aug 28, 2003, 03:15
Re: my (p)review of savage Aug 28, 2003, 03:15
Aug 28, 2003, 03:15

you missed a build, but the last 2 builds were mainly for netcode fixes. Before these builds the netcode was fine, but something happend that caused some problems for a while. But we were playing 50+ player games today on a non homelan server without much a problem, so dont rule out the code just yet...

Re: No subject
Aug 27, 2003, 18:16
Re: No subject Aug 27, 2003, 18:16
Aug 27, 2003, 18:16

MonsieurEvil, I never said anything about difficulty. What I ment is that the silverback engine was designed for this gameplay, since it was designed for the gameplay it carrys it off better. I ment nothing in the manner of saying NS was easy to make or that it was worthless, I just ment that it was limited to the HL engine as you put it your self it had to be hacked away at to make it do what you wanted it to do.

Aug 27, 2003, 15:46
Re: No subject Aug 27, 2003, 15:46
Aug 27, 2003, 15:46

waxthirteen, I dont think melee is horible, as a matter of fact most of the testers dont. We used to have duels of just melee. Problem is that you have to learn how to use melee as it is a big part of the game. As humans you have to master the ability to block and as beasts the art of pouncing, and going against someone who has and you havnt, will surley get you wooped.

I have been testing this game for about 6 or so months and the only complaints I have seen from the melee aspects of the game come from people who havnt learned how to use it properly yet.

Aug 27, 2003, 15:17
Re: No subject Aug 27, 2003, 15:17
Aug 27, 2003, 15:17

While other games have been made of the same style, there is something about Savage that just actually is differnt then the rest. While Natural Selection comes close it is really limited by the fact it uses the halflife engine and is just a mod. Savage however was designed ground up for this type of thing and truley pulls off the combination.

Clans should see some great gameplay, because with a great leader and a disaplend field team you can perform some devistating tactics.

Jun 13, 2003, 17:14
Re: No subject Jun 13, 2003, 17:14
Jun 13, 2003, 17:14

As a beta tester for a long time of savage I can contest that the dev team is very interactive with the testers. Often times they will hold conversations with us in irc and are active among the beta forums, as well as the public forums (makes me wonder how they program at the same time) If you want to help mold the game you plan on buying simply putting in a preorder for it seams hardly a cost to pay, after all the preorder money goes to the cost of the game.

Re: You Expected
May 17, 2003, 00:26
Re: You Expected May 17, 2003, 00:26
May 17, 2003, 00:26

Ya I was disapointed with the auto aim as well, thats one of the big things that alerted me to the fact that its still a console game, the other being that if its not in focus(which it doesnt hold at all)it in a sence closes its self, so whoever was wondering how they did it I dont think you want to do it this way.

You can however jump into first person mode and have a janky free aim, its definitly not to par with fps in aiming.

I have found kung fu fighting rather fun, specialy in the later levels when you fight more advanced guys, and yes its just punch, kick and throw, but there is special moves and combos and blocking. It really is more comprehensive then I originaly thought.

No subject
May 16, 2003, 22:03
No subject May 16, 2003, 22:03
May 16, 2003, 22:03

I guess this is the patch that trys to port the console game into a PC one.

I sure hope they keep releasing patches because I can tell this game was rushed to the PC to make the movie debue release deadline.

Re: Alright!!!
May 7, 2003, 18:50
Re: Alright!!! May 7, 2003, 18:50
May 7, 2003, 18:50

Ya the beta came on 3 cds then an aditional hour download(dont understand the point of sending out cds if your going to make the testers download additional hour of patches at the launch of the build)

And if you dont have a super fast connection dont bother downloading it unless you loved tribes. My perspective of the game is that its a big game of tribes which never comes to an end, and makes you feel like you have no purpose in game. Its a lot of back and forth and you never realy have a purpose to hold any ground in the game. Not to menchen if you goto sleep everything you did gets undone.

But hey some people do like it, I for one wouldnt pay a monthly fee for it, probaly not even pay a one time fee.

10 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older