Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Werner Spahl

Real Name Werner Spahl   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wesp5
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2003, 10:38
Total Comments 178 (Novice)
User ID 16932

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > MS on Win10 App Openness
22. Re: MS on Win10 App Openness Mar 31, 2016, 08:12 Wesp5

Tachikoma wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 04:39:
Now, yes, they`re catching up with the big boys. What`s surreal though is that the others - Apple, Google, Valve etc get a free pass despite being million times worse, but it`s okay since these are "cool" brands.

I completely agree to that! I know it possible to get Android apps from elsewhere, but I don't think this is possible with iOS apps or Steam games and look how many fanboys these two have...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tyranny Announced
10. Re: Tyranny Announced Mar 16, 2016, 03:57 Wesp5

Jerykk wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 23:28:
The premise is definitely unique, as you are no longer playing as the savior of the universe.

Since when is this unique? I bet you will turn on your master sooner or later and then it's just another dystopian future game only this time in a fantasy setting. Honestly, I've had enough of these since HL2! Give us a WoD RPG already where the world is alive, err dead, and kicking...

News Comments > System Shock Remastered Footage
9. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 04:20 Wesp5

This really looks great! I have a question though, as I never played the original SS: Do we need to fight endless enemies with a pipe like we had to do in SS2 with the wrench or is this just a demo issue?  

News Comments > SUPERHOT Released
10. Re: SUPERHOT Released Feb 26, 2016, 07:04 Wesp5

heroin wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 00:41:
Awesome sound, awesome experimental design art stuff, awesome graphics & white rooms, awesome scenarios, addictive mechanic.

I haven't played this yet so I can't say anything about the mechanic, but "experimental design art stuff" and "awesome graphics & white rooms" seem exaggerated to me, because when you create a map this is more or less where you start and very easy to do. Applying textures is the hard part and I would rather see something like this in a real full featured world than in all white prototyp design...

News Comments > Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3
40. Re: Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3 Feb 18, 2016, 09:53 Wesp5

Qbex . wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 05:12:
At the time SS came out there was nothing like it, it was grandfater of immersive fps/rpg hybrids in the era of flipping Doom clones. For me it was start of a new era of games. SS2 was great but nowhere near as groundbreaking.

For me this was Strife, a FPS/RPG hybrid on the Doom engine! I don't know which one was first ;)...

News Comments > Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3
11. Re: Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3 Feb 17, 2016, 15:05 Wesp5

Cutter wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 12:54:
That's because it didn't. SS2 was much better.

Really? I never played SS1 but I heard that SS2 was rather a kind of copy including the same twist. Also people seem to forget the endless respawning enemies you had to kill with your wrench because your weapons would break after a few shots while you could get ammo from soda dispensers. I really hope that SS1 wasn't worse than that ;)!

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
101. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 7, 2016, 15:30 Wesp5

DangerDog wrote on Jan 7, 2016, 04:05:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 20:26:
What makes the vive better than rift?

Valve support.

LOL! Do you mean like the downtimes of Steam without explanation except weeks aferwards? Or the games on Steam that don't run in the version sold? Or the quick deliverance of games like HL3? Of course Valve will probably sell cool hats for VR at double the price they do right now, because you know, you see them on two different eyepieces...

News Comments > System Shock 3 Announced
14. Re: System Shock 3 Announced Dec 14, 2015, 11:41 Wesp5

Kajetan wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 10:19:
Since this project will not have the budget that Take2 put in Bioshock ... no need to pander to the mainstream.

Small studios can make graphically impressive games too nowadays ;)! I was surprised how much SOMA was better than the Penumbra and Amnesia games. I only have a question left: as I never played SS itself and I can't remember much about SS2 because I really hated it, how can it be that Shodan is still alive? Wasn't he destroyed at the end of SS2?

News Comments > Obsidian Game Announcement Coming
12. Re: Obsidian Game Announcement Coming Nov 16, 2015, 03:33 Wesp5

Maybe they'll change their unfinished RPG to play in the World of Darkness, now that Paradox has bought White Wolf!  

News Comments > System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible
40. Re: System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible Nov 13, 2015, 04:19 Wesp5

nin wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 14:52:
Wesp5 wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 14:50:
I remember breaking weapons which forced me to play half the game using a wrench, endless respawning enemies out of rooms with no way for them to enter
I turn both of those off...
That wasn't possible at the time I played it. I heard they added the option in a later patch, but for me the game had already been spoiled!

News Comments > System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible
23. Re: System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible Nov 12, 2015, 14:50 Wesp5

Necrophob wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 11:08:
I don't think I could take a modern SS2. The monkeys...

The same here! I think most people wear pink glasses when remembering SS2. I remember breaking weapons which forced me to play half the game using a wrench, endless respawning enemies out of rooms with no way for them to enter, stupid vendor machines making ammo and a confusing level layout resulting in continuous backtracking that did not look one bit like a spaceship! Not speaking of no live NPCs which was a great letdown after Half-Life and a twist, which they copied over from SS1 and then again copied into Bioshock and Bioshock Infinitive later on.

News Comments > Steam Item Stores
12. Re: Steam Item Stores Nov 5, 2015, 03:14 Wesp5

NetHead wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 21:22:
Also it seems there is one thing in common with this nonsense, be it wanting to be paid for customers making mods or silly little cosmetic bonuses, which is the Valve Corporation.

Well said! I agree completely, besides pimping up some mods as a base for all of this and to still maintain the impression they are a game developer, Valve has learned from Steam that it's much easier to live of other people's work instead of doing games on their own (HL3?). To extend this to mods and assessoires is only the next step...

News Comments > Another New Steam User Record
41. Re: Another New Steam User Record Nov 2, 2015, 10:01 Wesp5

nin wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 09:02:
It's just a news blip, man, nothing more.

Yeah, as were the Starcitizen announcements and I can remember the reactions to those here ;)!

37. Re: Another New Steam User Record Nov 2, 2015, 09:00 Wesp5

nin wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 08:43:
Gamespot reported it. Other than a stat keeping page, I don't see valve announced it?

So is Blues citing GameSpot then or just pushing the numbers himself for whatever reason?

35. Re: Another New Steam User Record Nov 2, 2015, 08:32 Wesp5

LittleMe wrote on Nov 1, 2015, 14:20:
FWIW Blue I like seeing these Steam concurrent user records.

I don't. They remind me a lot of Starcitizen's weekly announcements when they hit another million of support! What is Valve trying to hype here? Especially when you look at the article proving that there are in fact much less games sold on Steam than Valve wants us to believe. I was always suspecting something like this because in times of no big new releases CS always rose very quickly into the top ten sales...

News Comments > The Park Released
18. Re: The Park Released Oct 28, 2015, 04:05 Wesp5

gravity wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 21:55:
Also a solid few (three/four) jump scares that were quite effective, even when I felt a couple were coming.

Well, but can you really call this a game? Jump scares are typical for movies and interaction with the world is basically zero. Nothing survival in it, just about an hour of walking around in a depressing story! And that at a size bigger than good old games, like the mentioned Undying or even my favorite Bloodlines with hours of fun and tension.

News Comments > New Steam User Record
10. Re: New Steam User Record Oct 20, 2015, 03:03 Wesp5

I agree with your view about PC gaming, it is pretty much in good shape and won't go away soon. Still I'm not really amazed by that number. I mean didn't they just announce a few days ago that 9 million people played the SW:Battlefront beta? It seems to me even with CS and DOTA2 Steam isn't quite as big as Valve wants to make everyone believe...  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Open to All
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Open to All Sep 18, 2015, 13:16 Wesp5

LittleMe wrote on Sep 18, 2015, 12:32:
Just think of all the new Origin installs.. *rubs hands* muahahhaha!

Yeah, exactly what Valve did with Counter-Strike and Steam... muahahhaha!

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Client Updated
4. Re: GOG Galaxy Client Updated Aug 26, 2015, 06:25 Wesp5

jimnms wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 21:05:
Then when I tried to re-install them, the client installed version uses a modified .exe which made me unable to install the patches because they look for and modify the original game .exe.

As far as I know GOG removes any kind of DRM from the games they sell so they need to change the .exe! It's more weird that patches modify the .exe in the first place...

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Gameplay Video
8. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Gameplay Video Aug 6, 2015, 03:58 Wesp5

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 19:39:
The thing is, the core concept is so awesome that it's amazing two developers can fuck it up so badly.

Really? I mean the US conquered by North Korea, a country that can't even feed it's own population? This is a complete joke as a concept! In my opinion we got enough resistance games already, from HL2 over CoD to the recent Wolfenstein New Order.

178 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo