Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Werner Spahl

Real Name Werner Spahl   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wesp5
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2003, 10:38
Total Comments 270 (Amateur)
User ID 16932

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood
11. Re: L4D Creators Announce Back 4 Blood Mar 15, 2019, 04:58 Wesp5

Avus wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 23:26:
It will be a big FU to Valve if this game become an exclusive for Epic Games....&#65279;

And with good reason, after what I read about how Valve failed to make L4D3...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Layoffs Included Artifact Creators
25. Re: Valve Layoffs Included Artifact Creators Mar 10, 2019, 14:54 Wesp5

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 10, 2019, 14:37:
I mean, another short episode like 2 with a team that was able to work almost blindfolded with the engine and the tools back then wouldn't even have taken any real effort.

I agree and I bet Marc Laidlaw left and wrote his EP3 summary because he was fed up that nobody could be bothered. And then they made Artifact as a game completely dependent on selling virtual content and I'm so glad that it failed! Maybe with that and competition by the Epic Store they will wake up eventually...

14. Re: Valve Layoffs Included Artifact Creators Mar 10, 2019, 05:21 Wesp5

Dev wrote on Mar 9, 2019, 20:46:
The sad part is, people told them this early on. They could have changed it, changed the money making strategy to be less greedy.

In my opinion Valve is all about greed since they managed to make Steam a quasi monopoly. They only release a few games inbetween to keep the image up that they are a game developer and not just an online store like Amazon...

6. Re: Valve Layoffs Included Artifact Creators Mar 9, 2019, 13:10 Wesp5

Maybe they didn't get fired, but left on their own? Contrary to the oh-so-great-atmosphere-at-Valve presented by that leaked developer document, weirdly enough all major mod authors they bought out have left in the meantime. This is valid for the Counter-Strike and Portal guys, and now for the Artifact creators as well...  

1. Re: Valve Layoffs Included Artifact Creators Mar 9, 2019, 10:50 Wesp5

Maybe they should actually create some game of their own for a change, instead of buying others to do stuff in their name! Once the Epic store and others eat more and more into the monopoly of Steam, the times where they can just move their desks around doing nothing may be over...  

News Comments > 3D Realms' QUAKE-Engine Shooter Reveal Tomorrow
2. Re: 3D Realms' QUAKE-Engine Shooter Reveal Tomorrow Mar 7, 2019, 03:38 Wesp5

Didn't they want to make another Build engine game too? So where is that...  

News Comments > Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players
15. Re: Apex Legends Boasts 50M First Month Players Mar 4, 2019, 14:45 Wesp5

I wonder how many concurrent players they have now. Because I tried this myself to once look into the BR craze with a free version and have already uninstalled it...  

News Comments > Lonely Adventure Demo
1. Re: Lonely Adventure Demo Feb 22, 2019, 11:55 Wesp5

Why do most of these indie Unity engine games not give you the option to define, or in this case, even see the control keys? I'm pretty sure there must be Unity assets for this! Why are indie developers so lame or careless that they often ignore such a basic feature?  

News Comments > RAGE 2 Trailer
14. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Feb 12, 2019, 17:12 Wesp5

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 12, 2019, 14:04:
You push some buttons in a room with a handful of trash mobs jumping around at you, then the really short cutscene plays and ends on a cliffhanger. I wonder if they're even continuing that with this sequel, or if the whole "story" from the first was scrapped entirely.

The Rage 1 ending wouldn't have been too bad, if there would have been an immediate sequel to continue where it left off. But now it seems to me that Rage 2 completely ignores Rage 1's story and just reboots the setting and uses the name. Like the Star Wars sequels that are no real sequels, but just pushed some quick buttons to undo everything from the old movies so they can basically copy them without need for new original ideas...

News Comments > Starbreeze Sells System Shock 3 Publishing Rights Back to OtherSide
7. Re: Starbreeze Sells System Shock 3 Publishing Rights Back to OtherSide Feb 12, 2019, 17:05 Wesp5

El Pit wrote on Feb 12, 2019, 12:02:
I still think Arkane's Prey was System Shock 3 to some extent. I absolutely loved that game!

I agree. It had nothing in common with the original Prey but a lot with the System Shock/Bioshock games! Although I never really liked the latter with their endless backtracking, which was the basic feature of new-Prey too ;), it probably would have sold much better with the name "System Shock 3"!

News Comments > Paradox ARG Teasing New Vampire: The Masquerade Game?
15. Re: Paradox ARG Teasing New Vampire: The Masquerade Game? Feb 11, 2019, 10:39 Wesp5

J wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 05:05:
I'm amused by how quickly you responded to the thread, especially as you had not previously posted. I wonder if you have a vampiric version of the spidey sense?

Actually I read Blues News several times a day to see what's up in the gaming world :)! And I post often too if the topic interests me...

News Comments > Paradox ARG Teasing New Vampire: The Masquerade Game?
11. Re: Paradox ARG Teasing New Vampire: The Masquerade Game? Feb 11, 2019, 03:01 Wesp5

J wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 02:59:
I figure that, at the very least, it'll keep Wesp5 busy for at least another decade.

I really do hope not :)!

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Tease
8. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Tease Feb 7, 2019, 06:26 Wesp5

ItBurn wrote on Feb 6, 2019, 23:34:
Stalker is waaaay better than Metro. I don't really have faith that such a game can be created nowadays though.

Sorry, but I disagree. Both games are rather different, Metro is a linear shooter and Stalker was one of the first sandbox games. Which probably is one reason it became a classic, although it was so buggy at first that I couldn't finish it either when I played it years ago. In my opinion Metro has the better atmosphere though, I'm curious how their take on a sandbox game will play in Metro Exodus...

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 2019, 07:26.

News Comments > Boycott May Cause Next Metro Game to Skip PC
50. Re: Boycott May Cause Next Metro Game to Skip PC Feb 2, 2019, 16:16 Wesp5

Steele Johnson wrote on Feb 2, 2019, 15:18:
Look what all the whiny babies did now. Good job! Gamers continue to ruin gaming by complaining about everything.

I completely agree. I never understood how Steam fanboys can be as blind to the bad sides of this monopoly! Their reaction now is as if they wouldn't buy a game because they can't get it at WalMart and need to go to GameStop instead. Only they don't even need to go anywhere, just install a new client which nobody who loves Steam running always in the background should really care about...

News Comments > Metro Exodus an Epic Store Exclusive - What This Means for Steam Preorders
44. Re: Metro Exodus an Epic Store Exclusive - What This Means for Steam Preorders Jan 29, 2019, 08:50 Wesp5

Prez wrote on Jan 29, 2019, 08:38:
The choice of which platform to purchase on was never removed, making it far less anti-consumer in my view.

Hello? Since Steam became the quasi monopoly for PC games even if you bought a game retail in the store you needed Steam to get it to run! Where is the choice in that? Steam basically killed off retail games that you actually owned until GOG turned up. It's only fair and square to get some competition to this bloated store with no support at all!

News Comments > Rumor Update: Star Wars Cancellation Was for Smaller Game
11. Re: Rumor Update: Star Wars Cancellation Was for Smaller Game Jan 16, 2019, 14:10 Wesp5

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 13:20:
Spektr wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 11:17:
The smaller project will involve only one planet, will be a survival game which require you to find food and craft tools and weapons. It won't have quests and NPCS and will be called Star wars 76.

And have a battle royale mode.

And probably be for mobiles, because come on, a "smaller project"...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 16, 2018, 14:03 Wesp5

Where is Valve's own Artifact game? Does it not sell well enough to get into the top ten?  

News Comments > Discord Store Undercuts Epic With 10% Split
31. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2018, 04:16 Wesp5

Avus wrote on Dec 14, 2018, 21:33:
Go Wikipedia and read how Steam was born.

I don't know what's on Wikipedia, but I remember how Steam was born: Counter-Strike was the MP hit of the day and to play it, you were forced to install Steam! The rest was a self-runner and soon Valve could stop making games and instead bought mod teams out to do it for them to keep the developer face up. Nowadays their 30% are not enough though, so they invented Early Access, Green Light and Steam Direct to get anything on Steam and even tried to get money from free mods. Which just bloated it up...

Epic does exactly the same now using the Fortnite player base, but maybe they end up like GOG who care about what they sell and not only about the money. The more competition, the better for players and developers! Steam can undercut if they want ;).

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Announced
11. Re: The Outer Worlds Announced Dec 7, 2018, 06:22 Wesp5

NKD wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 04:57:
Why are they STILL USING BETHESDA's FUCKING AWFUL GAMEBYRO ENGINE IN 2019!!! DIE, DIE, just DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH YOU TERRIBLE GODDAMN PIECE OF SHIT ENGINE.

I checked this and it seems they are using UE4?

Yes, it does indeed use UE4. How could Gamebyro even manage to do such great facial animations? I hope it's as good as Bloodlines, which was the last game that Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky worked on together :)!

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Development On Hold
4. Re: Unreal Tournament Development On Hold Dec 5, 2018, 12:29 Wesp5

I remember UT to be the first single player game that I cought cheating! Like if you played against bots, in the final stages of a match they would always get better, most probably because they just reacted to you pressing fire, like the enemies in the original Unreal did. Just recently the same happened in the GOG freebie Shadow Warrior 2, which basically makes the rocket launcher and other slow weapons useles...  

270 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo