Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Werner Spahl

Real Name Werner Spahl   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wesp5
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2003, 10:38
Total Comments 247 (Novice)
User ID 16932

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > A Typo Broke Aliens Colonial Marines AI?
24. Re: A Typo Broke Aliens Colonial Marines AI? Jul 15, 2018, 03:28 Wesp5

Creston wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 01:22:
Another way to read this story is: "Gearbox did absolutely zero testing before shipping ACM, otherwise someone would have fucking found a simple typo bug."

I agree with that. There were similar issues with "Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines", the original game broke when you played a Nosferatu which showed that Activision never even tested that clan! Also a lot of dialogue options didn't work because someone wrote "Intimidation" instead of "Intimidate"...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Competitor Coming from China
26. Re: Steam Competitor Coming from China Jul 9, 2018, 16:21 Wesp5

Cutter wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 16:10:
Because Gabe doesn't need to and money is not Valve's motivation. They already have more money than stink and they're not greedy.

What? Did you forget about their payed-mods-initiative's and the failed Steam machines? Also they haven't made a decent game in years that wasn't based on someone elses ideas, because everything Valve cares about right now is money and they basically get it with little effort due to the monopoly of Steam. The more competition the better and maybe Valve will need to make real games some day again ;)!

News Comments > RAGE 2 Gameplay Trailer
10. Re: RAGE 2 Gameplay Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 09:04 Wesp5

I liked the first RAGE too, once my PC could handle the textures ;). But this sounds as if it doesn't care about the first game at all? You are the last Ranger when the first game ended with you opening all other arches? How could you loose everyone when you were frozen? You don't even play the guy from the first game so what happened to him in the cliffhanger? What happened to all other arches? This sounds like the Disney SW reboot, instead of delivering a real sequel with a changed setting, they quickly reset everything to the known one-against-all formula!  

News Comments > Starfield Announced
14. Re: Starfield Announced Jun 11, 2018, 07:09 Wesp5

A setting similar to Babylon 5 would be perfect for this, it's like the middle ground between sterile ST and fantasy SW and hopefully with a good narrative like the show and not a lackluster ending like the cheap copy Mass Effect.

DeepShadows tried to do an open world SF RPG FPS long ago, it's called "The Precursors" and worth the money, although it's kind of unfinished...

News Comments > TWIN MIRROR Announced
1. Re: TWIN MIRROR Announced Jun 9, 2018, 00:39 Wesp5

No mentioning of Vampyr? Is this not selling well or what?  

News Comments > Steam Opening the Gates
4. Re: Steam Opening the Gates Jun 6, 2018, 17:34 Wesp5

Summary: We will put everything on Steam regardless of quality or content because we want our cut! Except if the outcry is large enough to possibly hurt our sales, then we might react to it...  

News Comments > Apple on Steam Link iOS Rejection
11. Re: Apple on Steam Link iOS Rejection May 28, 2018, 04:30 Wesp5

El Pit wrote on May 27, 2018, 15:49:
Guideline 1: We make money, you won't. Even if you want your app to be free, we will make some money with it. We are Apple!
Guideline 2: We don't care if your app is broken as long as guideline 1 is being followed. We are Apple!

I'm pretty sure at least these two guidelines apply to Steam as well! Remember Valve trying to sell free mods on Steam? Remember the broken greenlit rubbish or the old games that won't run at all unless you get them from GOG? Seems to me two walled-garden-wannabe-monopolists are fighting now!

News Comments > Apple Rejects iOS Steam Link App
7. Re: Apple Rejects iOS Steam Link App May 25, 2018, 06:31 Wesp5

Comet wrote on May 25, 2018, 03:18:
Steam link is being locked out of Apple store because Apple considers it a gateway to the steam store.

Exactly, and it supports PC gaming as well which you can't do on Macs. So this was one wanna-be-monopolist against the other, no wonder they did it...

News Comments > Valve Acquires Campo Santo
28. Re: Valve Acquires Campo Santo Apr 23, 2018, 02:52 Wesp5

Slick wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 17:24:
Do you mean employees? I highly doubt that, people will line up around the block to get in on that office.

Yeah, normal people might, who long for regular pay without much to do. But I don't think any creative mind that Valve had make something is still with them. Marc Laidlaw was the last to go, but I think the Counter-Strike guy or the Portal people have left long ago to make new games instead of just wasting time at Valve with nothing coming out of it...

News Comments > Valve Acquires Campo Santo
6. Re: Valve Acquires Campo Santo Apr 22, 2018, 16:08 Wesp5

Firewatch was just another walking simulator, I agree. But then look at the original demo of the team that Valve bought to make Portal! At least if they don't want to make some own games (HL3 confirmed!) they keep buying other teams to keep the fake image up that they are still a game developer and not just a game distributor.  

News Comments > Shadows: Awakening Beta Access with Pre-purchase
6. Re: Shadows: Awakening Beta Access with Pre-purchase Apr 8, 2018, 05:08 Wesp5

When I read the title I thought for a second that someone had finally made a "Babylon 5" game after all these years :)! But no, so it's back to waiting for the update of "The Babylon Project"...  

News Comments > Mental Illness and Indie Developers
5. Re: Mental Illness and Indie Developers Apr 5, 2018, 03:31 Wesp5

Hm, maybe this is connected to a lot of these indie walking simulators being about psychic issues like guilt, being left alone, having horrible dreams or memories?  

News Comments > Valve Plans to Make Games
22. Re: The Battle for Star Control Continues Mar 9, 2018, 13:08 Wesp5

Ha ha ha, Newell complaining about closed systems when he basically started it all by trying to make Steam the monopoly for PC games in the first place! Luckily we got alternatives like GOG in the meantime...  

News Comments > White House Game Summit Recap
15. Re: White House Game Summit Recap Mar 9, 2018, 13:03 Wesp5

While I agree that some of the violence shown in the video is just too much for my taste, how come that in other countries where the same percentage of people play violent video games, less shootings occur? Because less people have weapons or they are better controlled, that's why...  

News Comments > The Station Released
2. Re: The Station Released Feb 21, 2018, 03:19 Wesp5

I agree. This seems to be a typical indie walking simulator, always all other people have mysteriously vanished! Doesn't Unreal 4 and Unity 5 include some character prototypes and AI?  

News Comments > Remastered System Shock on Hiatus
35. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 17, 2018, 10:42 Wesp5

El Pit wrote on Feb 17, 2018, 01:53:
Also, Prey (2017) feels a lot like a modern System Shock 2 to me. I LOVE it and am surprised that it was not a success.

In my opinion System Shock 2 is overrated due to System Shock 1 nostalgia of many players. Games like Half-Life had already shown that you can have a great story without endless respawning enemies, playtime prolonging backtracking and always dead NPCs. While Prey 2017 did indeed remind me a lot of System Shock 2, it still had all it's faults so without nostalgia bonus it failed!

News Comments > The Station Next Month
8. Re: The Station Next Month Jan 9, 2018, 03:51 Wesp5

Wow, enother walking simulator where everyone else has mysteriously vanished! Isn't it possible even for AAA veterans to program some AI nowadays?  

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Adds The Last Jedi Content
10. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Adds The Last Jedi Content Dec 13, 2017, 17:16 Wesp5

DangerDog wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 15:23:
“Owen, you must hide this baby, at all costs, from Anakin Skywalker.”
“Okay. Should we continue to call him Luke Skywalker?”
“Seems fine.”

That's all the prequel's fault! I don't think it is ever mentioned in the original trilogy that Darth Vader's name was Skywalker. The way Obi Wan tells Luke about it in A New Hope it actually sounds as if his name is really Darth Vader, like first name Darth, no title, and last name Vader. So Luke could have been a born Luke Vader just hidden and renamed Skywalker...

News Comments > EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear
23. Re: EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear Nov 30, 2017, 06:29 Wesp5

So no one wants a linear single-player game anymore? Does anyone have numbers on how well the Doom and Wolfenstein remakes did? Because they were classical linear single-player shooters!  

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown
15. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown Oct 27, 2017, 16:43 Wesp5

So two weeks after the game release the first DLC will be out. I hope this is free, otherwise it screams "we cut a piece out of the game to make more money" all over!  

247 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo