Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Werner Spahl

Real Name Werner Spahl   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wesp5
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2003, 10:38
Total Comments 228 (Novice)
User ID 16932

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown
15. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown Oct 27, 2017, 16:43 Wesp5

So two weeks after the game release the first DLC will be out. I hope this is free, otherwise it screams "we cut a piece out of the game to make more money" all over!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans
12. Re: PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans Oct 23, 2017, 14:02 Wesp5

Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 10:48:
Every day there are probably hundreds of kids turning 6-8 and discovering Minecraft for the first time, and for whom graphics aren't a huge deal.

Is this really the audience of Minecraft? Remembering some of the worlds I saw on YouTube I would guess it's rather the ultimate Nerd's dream...

News Comments > CS:GO Dust II Revamp
1. Re: CS:GO Dust II Revamp Oct 11, 2017, 12:54 Wesp5

Wohoo, so there are still actually some game developers left at Valve ;)?  

News Comments > Inmates Breaks Out
1. Re: Inmates Breaks Out Oct 6, 2017, 07:06 Wesp5

"...in this most disturbing of horror games." So how is this different to the dozend of other mystery-horror walking simulators without a living sould present?  

News Comments > Prey Trial Version Released
30. Re: Prey Trial Version Released Aug 17, 2017, 06:43 Wesp5

ForgedReality wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 02:27:
Ending? You mean endings. There are multiple.

Not really, there are only two endings that you decide about in the last second and they are not connected to the game you played at all! The endings before have no meaning after that, which is why I think the ending sucked badly. It suddenly killed all the interest in the game world for me!

As for people loosing interest in this kind of games. It's fine that Prey or Dishonored or Deus Ex offer multiple solutions to situations, but I want to see new things too, like new locations, new characters, new weapons and more. After a few hours of Prey everything looks very similar and you are moving back and forth between about ten levels. Compare that to the CoD series, where you move ahead into new beautiful levels all the time which people seem to like much more. I personally like the middle ground like in my beloved VTM: Bloodlines that has over hundred different maps which you sometimes visit more than once but are completely new often enough.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patched
14. Re: No Man's Sky Patched Aug 12, 2017, 03:53 Wesp5

It seems they finally added a lot of the things they promised from the beginning :)!  

News Comments > Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales
14. Re: Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales Aug 10, 2017, 11:55 Wesp5

ForgedReality wrote on Aug 10, 2017, 11:13:
On a positive note, I just picked up Prey 2017 for thirty bucks. Holy shit it's totally worth it. I mean, it starts out slowly, but I play my games slowly anyway, scrounging every little nook and cranny to try and find every little thing.

Congratulations ;)! You'll be able to finish the main story in about 5 hours (I don't know if side missions count), while visiting the same 10 plus maps over and over in a backtracking record that beats SS2 easily to stretch out a short game. You might like it nevertheless if you liked SS2 because it's basically SS3 :)...

News Comments > Tacoma Released
10. Re: Tacoma Released Aug 3, 2017, 03:25 Wesp5

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 17:52:
And as for good AI, please give a few examples of what you consider 'good AI'.

I know it's not really good AI, but in my favorite game VTM Bloodlines you can just stroll around and talk to some NPCs and other NPCs just move around and do their own things. Makes the world feel alive! The HL series is another great example for peaceful and enemy AI and so is The Dark Mod, which even is a fan project. So I really get annoyed by all these indie game where everyone has always vanished ;)...

6. Re: Tacoma Released Aug 2, 2017, 16:58 Wesp5

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 10:58:
I told them to make a zombie survival moba, didn't listen.

Well, there are enough of those around as well :)!

Something about they want to make the game they want to.

Or maybe make the game they can without too much effort, because good AI is oooh so difficult and probably not included with Unity or Unreal! I think most of these story-driven indie games have all other people always gone before the game starts. Yeah, probably because all of them like big empty worlds...

2. Re: Tacoma Released Aug 2, 2017, 10:21 Wesp5

And another walking simulator where you only observe and to not act or interact with NPCs. For a good story I rather read a book or watch a movie if there is little I can actually do in the game world anyway...  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 24, 2017, 09:37 Wesp5

I would really like to see some numbers instead of a ranking. Because whenever Valve posts this, CS:GO is in the top ten and I can't really imagine that a 5 year old game still sells tenthousands of copies...  

News Comments > DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend
19. Re: DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend Jul 20, 2017, 07:06 Wesp5

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 06:58:
Could have been so much more with just some little tweaks.

I agree! Why make such photo realistic demons and then have them drop colorful iconized goodies that kick you right out of the immersion? Why make the gameplay so obvious you-enter-a-combat-arena now? I played a few old Doom 1 and 2 levels recently and some were much more complicated and creative!

News Comments > JackHammer Announced
3. Re: JackHammer Announced Jul 18, 2017, 14:33 Wesp5

How many more arena shooters do developers think people will play? Didn't they learn anything from Overwatch vs Battleborn?  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Jul 17, 2017, 15:12 Wesp5

I don't get it! This list is except for GTA V completely different from the Steam bestsellers of the same week. Isn't Steam the monopoly it wants to be and more people are buying elsewhere or are GB gamer just different?  

News Comments > Raf Colantonio Leaving Arkane
12. Re: Raf Colantonio Leaving Arkane Jun 28, 2017, 04:45 Wesp5

Rattican wrote on Jun 28, 2017, 02:50:
Prey at least is more interesting, feels fresh even, which is probably why I enjoy the game more.

Really? Ever played a System Shock game ;)? This could pretty much be System Shock 3, including using a wrench much more often than you like...

News Comments > John Guthrie Leaves Valve?
8. Re: John Guthrie Leaves Valve? Jun 17, 2017, 09:07 Wesp5

Dacron wrote on Jun 17, 2017, 01:55:
And with how profitable tf2/csgo are in the market and how wildly popular portal is they're basically a guaranteed a remake as well.

Remakes don't really need designers and writers, maybe artists to make higher resolution models and textures but that's it...

News Comments > Empathy: Path of Whispers Released
1. Re: Empathy: Path of Whispers Released May 17, 2017, 03:24 Wesp5

Sorry, but how many of these walking simulators are going to be there with all people gone, because to program AI is sooo difficult or what?  

News Comments > Valve Outlines Steam Inner Workings and Future Plans
1. Re: Valve Outlines Steam Inner Workings and Future Plans May 9, 2017, 10:40 Wesp5

Hm, this might just show all the data that Steam collects about it's users and what it learns about them in the process ;)!  

News Comments > Prey Released
16. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 16:15 Wesp5

So has this anything of the stuff that made the original Prey special? Like the first use of portals, even in real environments and not boring puzzle rooms, or walking up-side-down through a map?  

News Comments > Uncut Half-Life in Germany
18. Re: Uncut Half-Life in Germany Apr 28, 2017, 15:15 Wesp5

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 28, 2017, 15:00:
It was crazy good at the time because of things like floating boxes and physics but overall the game had probably one of the worst endings I can remember, the only game that had a worse ending was RAGE.

Are you talking about HL1 or HL2 here? Because HL1 didn't have any physics and didn't end unfinished like HL2 or RAGE. Also while some people didn't like Xen, I loved it because it was finally an alien world that looked alien, not like Unreal which looked much too normal. The jumping sucked, but otherwise the ending was the typical boss fight at the time...

228 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo