Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for  

Real Name     
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dubfanatic
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 18, 1999, 17:13
Total Comments 1771 (Pro)
User ID 169

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Worms W.M.D Launch
1. Re: Worms W.M.D Launch Aug 23, 2016, 21:00 dubfanatic

The reviews are saying this is a worthy successor to Armageddon and World Party. Really considering picking this one up.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 17, 2016, 18:24 dubfanatic

jdreyer wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 13:22:
LOL, Gawker moved a bunch of cash offshore keeping the money out of Hogan's hands.

Such a parenthetical thing to do.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 15, 2016, 22:49 dubfanatic

NKD wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 21:24:
Wikipedia is full of no life autists with axes to grind. Wikis in general are like that. The compulsive editing and updating of a single-purpose page is like fucking heroin to autistic people.

Just view the user pages of any Wikipedia editor. Every one is pure, undiluted autism. It would be funny if these people didn't have such influence over debates by virtue of being Wikipedia editors... Well, OK, it's still funny in a way. #ClownWorld

TVTropes still has Wikipedia beat for sheer autism though.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Released
39. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 03:01 dubfanatic

heroin wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 02:30:
it's like the people who made Bryce took their software and threw in some WASD and controller support, lol

That's what I was thinking when I saw the gameplay videos. I thought "hey that's cool, it's like the worlds I used to make in Terragen 20 years ago" then I realize they are charging 60 bucks for it and now I feel silly for not getting in on this racket.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Released
12. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 12, 2016, 20:22 dubfanatic

Pigeon wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 19:48:
Very unfortunate. I remember thinking it looked neat way back when, but wondered what they'd do to keep the concept interesting past a few hours. From what I hear they did nothing.

Hold up, So what you're saying is... This is the Black & White of the 2010s?

News Comments > No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill
32. Re: No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill Aug 9, 2016, 03:21 dubfanatic

ShadyPete wrote on Aug 8, 2016, 21:29:
put Yes's Starship Trooper on repeat. In fact the art has a very 70's prog rock vibe.

yup confirmed NMS is actually a procedural 70's prog band album art generator.

That's still better than Spore, which could only produce Budgie album art

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 8, 2016, 14:10 dubfanatic

What a shithole San Francisco has become. You couldn't pay me enough to get me to live there.  

News Comments > Crusader Kings II: The Reaper’s Due This Month
1. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Reaper’s Due This Month Aug 2, 2016, 21:10 dubfanatic

I'm hoping it's better than Conclave. That was the first gameplay DLC for this that I didn't bother with.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 18, 2016, 16:22 dubfanatic

dangerman77 wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 18:15:
"1000%" sure sounds a lot more impressive than the actual number of "just $80000".

Not to mention she leans anti-science, anti-vaccine, pro-homeopathy, and completely bombed a reddit AMA two months ago.

It's hilarious how half of my Facebook feed, which is all the I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE crowd is throwing their weight behind Stein. Of course when you realize that leftists have no principles and base their entire worldview on ideology it makes perfect sense.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jul 16, 2016, 14:15 dubfanatic

LOL Blizzard goes way out of the way to make a "diverse" game and this is what they get for it. When will they ever learn, you can't ever appease liberals.  

News Comments > Splash Damage (and Digital Extremes) Sales
6. Re: Splash Damage (and Digital Extremes) Sales Jul 9, 2016, 14:39 dubfanatic

Fantaz wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 14:21:
what's with the Chinese buying up all the western FPS game devs?

It's cheaper than a Vancouver condo

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Vote
1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Vote Jul 7, 2016, 21:27 dubfanatic

MAKE HEAVY GREAT AGAIN  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 1, 2016, 21:00 dubfanatic

File under "The Death of Western Civilization"  

News Comments > G2A Planning Changes
51. Re: G2A Planning Changes Jun 28, 2016, 17:23 dubfanatic

The main reason for regional pricing is that consumers in Eastern Europe/Asia can't afford the prices that North America/Western Europe markets can bear. The fact is that despite all the nerd rage, nerds in first-tier markets will still plunk down $60 for the latest AAA title, and as long as they're willing to do so that's what the companies will charge. Likewise, taking a minimal profit from the Russian market beats being totally undercut by piracy. If being cognizant of supply/demand is "greed" then I don't really know what to say. But something tells me you're all the kind who think you can just raise the minimum wage by 60% and everyone will magically have more money and everything will cost the same as before. #FeelTheBern  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2016, 22:19 dubfanatic

Along with cashback bonuses, this is one reason why I put all my bills on a credit card. If you're high time preference and can't be trusted to pay a credit card statement off on time, then that sucks...  

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Scale Change Plans
11. Re: American Truck Simulator Scale Change Plans Jun 24, 2016, 22:17 dubfanatic

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 20:20:
Although at the same time, ATS already felt very low on content even with its reduced scale - not enough cities or things to see - so I hope this change won't make the game feel even more sparse.

Interesting, I thought this was one area they improved on over ETS2. The cities, at least in vanilla ETS2, I thought were pretty generic, whereas ATS at least tried to make the cities actually look like their real life versions. The Scandinavia expansion was an exception to that though, they did a good job mixing up the city design a bit.

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Scale Change Plans
7. Re: American Truck Simulator Scale Change Plans Jun 24, 2016, 16:59 dubfanatic

This is great, the scale of the map always seemed off. e.g. Santa Cruz - Oxnard was a shorter drive than Fresno - Bakersfield. Also no more uncontrolled intersections in the middle of freeways!  

News Comments > Overwatch PTR Launches
14. Re: Overwatch PTR Launches Jun 22, 2016, 22:13 dubfanatic

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 21:51:

Because playing Barbie dress up™ with hats added how much depth to the game?

Quit being a dense nerd. Do you remember TF2 on release? It had six maps, one of them being 2fort, and three game modes, one of them being Territorial Control which was so flawed that Valve never released another map for it. Even before it went free-to-play with hats and drops, it was a vastly improved game.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: Seinfeld.wad - Jerry's Apartment: A DOOM II .wad… Jun 22, 2016, 17:10 dubfanatic

SirKnight wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 10:53:
Just. So. Awesome.

These pretzels are making me thirsty!

You have to listen to the Doomfeld theme while playing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thEbQkcjUWk

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Second Assault for Free
3. Re: Battlefield 4 Second Assault for Free Jun 22, 2016, 14:55 dubfanatic

Xero wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 08:16:
Disgarding this, Origin does actually have a NICE freebie out of all the garbage they usually drop you.
NOX. Anyone remember that? I still remember owning the disc copy.
To my surprise when I went to download this freebie I saw that and immediately grabbed it.Fired up problem free. Classic game.

Yep, I saw that as well, usually I skip the free games but I had a blast with that game back in the day.

1771 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo