Descending
Limit Results:

87 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  ] Older

No subject
Oct 17, 2006, 23:10
No subject Oct 17, 2006, 23:10
Oct 17, 2006, 23:10

I have no gripes with VALVe, to even compare them to the anti-christ EA execs is insanity. I've never felt like a peon to VALVe, I never felt like they shoved half-baked shit out the door to safe money, I've never felt like they took the core team off of supporting their franchise title and turned the games over to a bunch of fucknuts that couldn't spell the word "patch" let alone create one. Every possible turn EA has given it to their customers when they could have risen above it all and showed us that they wanted to earn our loyalty. Nope - instead its all about a bunch of sports-coat wearing, Brite Smile, game show host looking executive fuggers watching the stock price all day.

I'll bet you that most, if not all, of the EA executives wouldn't even know what a WASD was from a widescreen LCD. They suck, they're ruining gaming with their blood sucking approach to raping gamers - and most of you fuggers sticking up for them are to blame.

Want to play an NFL licensed game? Well I hope you like EA because thats you're only choice. What this does is they corner the market and squash competition and basically run a genre into the ground. They tried whoring all the major sports but the other sports had some ethics.

Games for gamers by gamers? Nope - a bunch of suits just looking to make games for money. Its great if you're a stockholder, sux if you're a gamer. It will never be about you - it will always be about the green. They will acquire, devour and kill off any company to reach their master plan = fat golden parachutes for all their board members and execs. There is no such thing as a valued EA customer, we're all just a means to an end. I have NO problem with them making money, there is a way to do it and a way not to do it. Respect your customers EA.

-----------------------------

$OE - they put the FU in fun!
==Boycott EA==
This comment was edited on Oct 17, 23:12.

No subject
Oct 17, 2006, 22:58
No subject Oct 17, 2006, 22:58
Oct 17, 2006, 22:58

Hi Turbine - welcome to "Nobody Gives a Fuck Town". This game was topical about 2-3 years ago. No one really cares anymore because we already have over 20+ MMOGs with dwarfs and elves.

I'm a total LOTR fanboy and I could not wait to play this game.....about 2 years ago when it was first announced....

Someone really needs to teach these guys about creating and maintaining and milking hype. They made a decent splash at E3 then fugged themselves by going radio silent for months afterwards.

==Boycott EA==

Re: ugh
Oct 17, 2006, 19:13
Re: ugh Oct 17, 2006, 19:13
Oct 17, 2006, 19:13

ugh Oct 17, 17:44 Hump

I would have NEVER ordered this thing via the download app if I knew they were going to hold it back a day just so EB and the rest don't go into hysterics.

I hate being on a bandwagon but.....

...FUCK EA, FUCK 'EM IN THE ASS.

No, no....no - they fucked you you fool, you bought the damn game. You deserve what you get, you're not going to get any sympathy from me.

==Boycott EA==
This comment was edited on Oct 17, 19:14.

No subject
Oct 17, 2006, 16:55
No subject Oct 17, 2006, 16:55
Oct 17, 2006, 16:55

EA doesn't listen to their employees or customers - the stock is their most valued asset. Go to the Yahoo Finance boards and post how you feel.

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/mb/ERTS

Maybe if their stock price takes a deep dive they'll pay attention.

==Boycott EA==

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 16:57.

Re: No subject
Oct 17, 2006, 14:07
Re: No subject Oct 17, 2006, 14:07
Oct 17, 2006, 14:07

Good points. But I have never felt cheated or treated as poorly as I have by a gaming company as I did with BF2 and EA.

The video game mantra used to be "games for gamers by gamers". With EA its nothing but a bunch of suits, watching their stock options, concered with only money. Every decision, patch and feature is run thru a "cost analysis". Which is great if you're an EA stock holder but awful if you actually buy their games. EA is not interested in making great games - they are only interested in games that make money - which is why we have about 5 types of the SIMS on store shelves. They're not interested in creativity, just proven IPs that make money - support EA and you'll be flooded with nothing but games that are sequels or expansion packs. They fugged the sports scene by whoring the NFL license.

==Boycott EA==

Oct 17, 2006, 13:50
Re: No subject Oct 17, 2006, 13:50
Oct 17, 2006, 13:50

Release date patches are a fact of life and almost the norm...even on consoles (There has just been one for the latest splinter cell).

I really don't get the hatred and bickering.

You are part of the problem, if you accept it then you're contributing to it. Why pay full price for a product that isn't complete? Do you buy a pizza that is missing a couple of slices? Or a car missing a door?

==Boycott EA==

No subject
Oct 17, 2006, 13:24
No subject Oct 17, 2006, 13:24
Oct 17, 2006, 13:24

QUAKE WARS WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People buying this game would be less likely to do so if we had some other options out right now. I promise you if folks had Quake Wars and this Spyware, broken POS on the shelf this game would lose.

Any website that gives this game a positive review and doesn't slam EA for putting out a patch the same day the boxes are delivered sucks the teet of EAs ad dollars. Funny but when you go to Gamepsot they have a BF 2142 flash ad up before you get to their website, now you tell me; are these guys going to be objective? God damn whores

==Boycott EA==

Re: Not just EQ remade...
Oct 14, 2006, 01:31
Re: Not just EQ remade... Oct 14, 2006, 01:31
Oct 14, 2006, 01:31

Wait a minute....you mean an MMORPG with elves and Dwarfs?!?!?!?! ZOMG - all they need is a Cat and Lizard race and I am on board!!!! Brad WcQuaid is a genius.....

==Boycott EA==

Re: Don't buy the collectors edition
Oct 4, 2006, 22:03
Re: Don't buy the collectors edition Oct 4, 2006, 22:03
Oct 4, 2006, 22:03

Woody wrote - Screwing the original purchasers out of any resale value their boxes had.

Yeah, Blizzard needs to worry about eBayers?!?!?!?! LOL

==Boycott EA==
This comment was edited on Oct 4, 22:05.

Oct 4, 2006, 19:21
Re: No subject Oct 4, 2006, 19:21
Oct 4, 2006, 19:21

No need to defend yourself for liking WoW - the haters can go fug themselves, they're just jealous that their MMOGs sux and can't break 1 million, let alone 7 million.

==Boycott EA==

Oct 4, 2006, 18:05
Re: No subject Oct 4, 2006, 18:05
Oct 4, 2006, 18:05

He's obviously a WoW hater and a troll, which explains why he rattles off all his chars from every other MMOG in his signature but WoW. Why? Because he doesn't play WoW. He'd rather just knock it and troll.

And you can turn off /general and /lfg chat.

Go back to your lame ass EQ2?!?!?! And who the hell is still palying AO, really dude - get off it.

==Boycott EA==
This comment was edited on Oct 4, 18:06.

No subject
Oct 2, 2006, 13:08
No subject Oct 2, 2006, 13:08
Oct 2, 2006, 13:08

And Jesus weeps........

==Boycott EA==

Sep 29, 2006, 12:04
Re: No subject Sep 29, 2006, 12:04
Sep 29, 2006, 12:04

So because I played a Battlemage I wasn't actually playing AC? So what game was I playing?

I'm sorry but I fail to see how "innovative" AC was. What you described was simply a design decision - poorly implemented, like you said, but just a design decision none the less. The game was a shell, they had a game engine then added content later on. Lets face it - it was a close 2nd to EQ upon release and slowly withered and died and unable to keep pace with EQ.

Yeah you were trolling, showing up to post something negative strictly for the sake of being negative is a troll.

==Boycott EA==

No subject
Sep 27, 2006, 23:34
No subject Sep 27, 2006, 23:34
Sep 27, 2006, 23:34

Did this move basically kill CoH/CoV? How many players, myself included, would continue to play CoH/CoV knowing that they could play Marvel Online?

==Boycott EA==

No subject
Sep 27, 2006, 23:31
No subject Sep 27, 2006, 23:31
Sep 27, 2006, 23:31

$OE - Please kill this game already so we can give the sequel to a worthy developer.

==Boycott EA==

Sep 27, 2006, 23:29
Re: No subject Sep 27, 2006, 23:29
Sep 27, 2006, 23:29

Dipshit I played AC - I had a high level Battlemage. What exactly did AC bring to the table that was so innovative? What the subway? Buffing for ten minutes?

And as I expected someone that doesn't play MMOGs here to shit all over them for the ppl that do. Just another troll looking to make his candle brighter by blowing out everyone else's.

==Boycott EA==

No subject
Sep 27, 2006, 17:04
No subject Sep 27, 2006, 17:04
Sep 27, 2006, 17:04

I really wish some of you WoW haters played the MMOGS we had a few years ago. Before WoW. You guys wouldn't last 10 minutes in EQ. And the guy commenting on wishing WoW was more like Asherons Call.......damn I fell outta my chair. Theres like 10 ppl running around promoting Asherons Call - even Turbine gave up on it years ago.

Asherons Call couldn't hold a candle to EQ at the time, the game was never upgraded, supported or enhanced - it took them how many years to come out with 2 expansions? There were combat macros that were never addressed and at the upper levels you had every skill you could possibly want really eliminating the need to create new chars. I have no problem with ppl not liking WoW, I get bored with it too, but my god to bring AC into your argument is so weak and makes me question anything that comes out of your mouth.

I've said it before, I guess I need to say it again - those cartoony graphics that you all hate allow Blizzard to run WoW on lesser hardware. Which is probably why they have 6+ million ppl playing. All you naysaying fuggers swore the game would whither and die and it has only gotten bigger and bigger. And all these seem fuggers woulda probably b1tched if Blizzard created WoW with graphics that didn't follow those of the franchise?

I had a new machine when EQ2 came out - EQ2 brought my rig to its knees. Sure it looked great but it took you 5 minutes to spin around in place with the graphics set to medium.

Keep hating it, keep sitting there on the sidelines playing your lame a$$ MMOGs hoping that more ppl will come join you.

WoW a grind....please tell me which MMOG isn't a grind? In WoW I have 3 level 60 chars and each one was a blast to play. I'm a casual player and I hit the level cap with 3 chars, I never did that in any other MMOG (hit the lvl cap). You don't like to raid? Then don't. But don't complain that you have 5+ lvl 60 chars and NOW you're bored.......LOL......do we really need to play an MMOG for 10 years? I love the pacing of WoW. You hit 60 - go out and enjoy life, read a book - jesus fuggin christmas.

I bet you that when BC hits the WoW subscriber count will hit 7 million.

==Boycott EA==
This comment was edited on Sep 27, 17:05.

Jun 20, 2006, 20:04
Re: No subject Jun 20, 2006, 20:04
Jun 20, 2006, 20:04

Agree, the next patch does look great - it will obviously shorten the BG queue times. What I will miss though is the guild rivalries that have popped up.

World PVP is welcome too.

The game just keeps getting better.

==Boycott EA==

Re: blah
Jun 20, 2006, 18:25
Re: blah Jun 20, 2006, 18:25
Jun 20, 2006, 18:25

Here it is - welcome to HELL Mythic you sellouts.

Employees readying class-action lawsuit against EA
A lawyer representing the plaintiffs addresses a proposed class-action lawsuit seeking unpaid overtime from the world's biggest third-party publisher.
By Curt Feldman, Tor Thorsen, GameSpot
Posted Nov 11, 2004 7:56 pm PT

Yesterday, a blog entry from the spouse of a worker at Electronic Arts lashed out against the game giant. "The current mandatory hours are 9am to 10pm--seven days a week--with the occasional Saturday evening off for good behavior (at 6:30pm)," read the post, which went on to claim that EA employees receive no overtime, "comp" time, or additional vacation for their efforts.

The veracity of the claims in the online rant is difficult to confirm. However, GameSpot News decided to investigate the matter--and found that there might be some truth behind the blogger's anger.

Following a tip from an informed source, GameSpot contacted attorney Robert C. Schubert, a partner at the San Francisco law firm Schubert & Reed. He said that he has initiated legal proceedings to start a class-action lawsuit on behalf of a group of EA employees. "We are seeking unpaid overtime for a good number of [EA] employees who weren't [properly] paid," Schubert told GameSpot this afternoon. "EA contends they were exempt," Schubert said. "We contend otherwise."

To recover the money they feel is owed to them, said employees are trying to file a class-action lawsuit against EA seeking overtime pay. On July 29, the complaint Jamie Kirschenbaum vs. Electronic Arts, Inc. was filed in San Mateo Superior Court. Kirschenbaum is one of the members of The Sims 2 design team, although his current employment status at EA could not be clarified as of press time.

However, to initiate a class-action suit, a group must first be first certified as a "class" by the court. Schubert also said that until a class is certified by the court, he couldn't say how many individuals would seek to participate in the legal action. "We haven't been certified as a class yet," he said, admitting that certification "is a big battle."

And it looks like the lines for that battle are already being drawn. GameSpot was sent a copy of an e-mail purportedly sent to Electronic Arts employees over the summer, alerting them to the lawsuit. The e-mail went so far as to inform them that if they chose to participate in the lawsuit by joining the class, if it were to be certified, there would be no repercussions.

The e-mail, while not yet confirmed as authentic, frames the dispute between the proposed class and Electronic Arts as follows:

"On July 29, 2004, a class-action lawsuit was filed against Electronic Arts Inc. ("EA"). This communication responds to earlier e-mail communications from EA management regarding the litigation. The lawsuit alleges that EA improperly classified some of its employees, including 'animators,' 'modelers,' 'texture artists,' 'lighters,' 'background effects artists,' and 'environmental artists' as exempt from overtime, and therefore failed to pay those employees overtime compensation. Plaintiff's action seeks statutory penalties, damages, restitution, and injunctive relief.

"EA denies plaintiff's claim. It is EA's position that it treats its employees fairly and lawfully, and that it has properly classified its employees within the meaning of the law. The plaintiff is seeking to bring this lawsuit on behalf of himself and to represent a proposed class of current and former EA employees as a class action. The court has not yet certified this case as a class action.

"If the case is certified, members of the class will be notified as directed by the court, and may be given the opportunity to be excluded from the class ('opting out'), or to hire their own lawyers to represent them.

"EA will not retaliate against employees for exercising legal rights, including by participating in the proposed class action."

According to Schubert, the most recent action taken by the court was the denial of a motion by EA that would have stopped the certification process in its tracks.

E-mails to Electronic Arts requesting comment had not been returned at press time.

==Boycott EA==

Re: blah
Jun 20, 2006, 18:23
Re: blah Jun 20, 2006, 18:23
Jun 20, 2006, 18:23

Does anyone have the link to the blog of the wife of the EA employee where she flamed EA? And also, didn't those employees wind up winning their court case?

==Boycott EA==
87 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  ] Older