Descending
Limit Results:

4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Whoa!!
Aug 12, 2003, 03:34
Re: Whoa!! Aug 12, 2003, 03:34
Aug 12, 2003, 03:34

Jup, nwvault.ign.com there is a "hall of fame" wich includes the most popular modules.

hmhmhm
Aug 11, 2003, 18:05
hmhmhm Aug 11, 2003, 18:05
Aug 11, 2003, 18:05

say, all you people wich say the DM client sucks.. have you actually tried it? Its one of the BEST features of nwn right after the very powerfull toolset. Is the DM client made for running a PW? no neither is NWN. It is made for a group of 4-6 players with a DM. About the same amount an average PnP group has. With this it is unbelieveably great and easy to actually DM a game Online and have a great roleplaying experience. Can you just hop on any server out there and expect it to be great? no. Play with your friends or people you know a while, just like in your standard PnP group. Of course it takes some time to learn the DM client. But generally i am quiet happy with it.

Personally i could not care less about the OCs. if they are good fine, if they are mediocre or bad, fine. they are not more then a showcase for NWN content for me and many others anyhow.

No other game has such an easy and powerfull editor with wich you can build your own content for others to play. NWN is NOT a pure single/multiplayer game like BG or BG2 was. It is foremost a toolset with a scripting language, models, Area tiles with an OC to show what you can do with the toolset. Could you create a game like BG2 with the NWN toolset? Propably. Was this what bioware wanted to do? no!

So is NWN a perfect game for me? far from it. Is it the first good "RPG Game Toolbox" yes. Is it perfect at that? no but really close. Is the scripting language perfect? no but they add constantly new features to it. I have yet to encounter a barrier in NWN that prohibits me from doing something i want to do. Is it always easy? no i have to do workarounds qiet often. ah well its to hot here i should stop my useless rambling. I just want people to consider if they talk about NWN they are not Talking a bout a simple multi or singleplayer game, they are talking about a whole bunch of tools and content. :0

Tegyr the mad

Re: free, uhu
Apr 23, 2003, 05:38
Re: free, uhu Apr 23, 2003, 05:38
Apr 23, 2003, 05:38

well after a little bit more diggin i found that guild wars is NOT a mmorpg in the common sense. check here http://www.ve3d.com/Comments.aspx?ID=4759&contenttype=1 and here http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/guildwars/preview_6025496.html

basicly it sounds like a 3d chatroom with rpg elements and Missions. Hmm if only the persistant parts like the "Towns" and "outposts" are provided by them but the mission areas would be delivered by a player aka "missionopener" or something (like in battle.net) it could work.

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 05:40.

free, uhu
Apr 22, 2003, 15:27
free, uhu Apr 22, 2003, 15:27
Apr 22, 2003, 15:27

and pigs can fly... i canīt imagine how this could possibly be a valid business model. where does the money come from to pay the people wich produce the new content and the hosting/traffic?

besides as an european i feel really a tad "pissed". why should all the others pay a montly fee if the people in north america can play it for free ?

4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older