Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian

Real Name Brian   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bodolza
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Overworked and Underpaid
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 18, 2003, 16:27
Total Comments 632 (Apprentice)
User ID 16753

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 18, 2013, 15:27 Bodolza

LittleMe wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 14:49:
RollinThundr's comment didn't read as a strawman argument to me. On the contrary your post reads like meaningless nonsense, because that's exactly what both parties are endorsing whole heartedly.

I would agree with the idea that there are those in government that have totalitarian leanings, and that there are people in this country who support that, but I'd also counter that they are both the minority in government, and among the populace. I do not currently believe that the majority of Americans want a totalitarian regime, nor do I believe, or have I seen any evidence that many politicians on either side, do not support most of the principals in the Constitution. It's certainly not part of either party's platform.

Also, neither of you still have yet to address the issue originally being discussed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 18, 2013, 14:23 Bodolza

RollinThundr wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 14:06:
Oh for sure, but just giving up our rights because some in power want to go the totalitarian route isn't the answer either.

Lord forgive me for responding to TrollinThundr, but here we go.

This is a classic straw-man argument. Neither side supports this. Who on this board, or anywhere else, advocates doing nothing when rights are taken away? Even those that support the governments monitoring program say it's because it (debatably) follows due process as established in the Constitution. Do you really only see conservatives upset at government monitoring? Are you aware that the ACLU, who's entire mission is to uphold the constitution, is perceived as a leftist organization? Why do you insist on constantly saying stupid stuff like this?

You've also completely failed to address the issue being discussed, which is the libertarian disconnect from reality.

9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 18, 2013, 12:23 Bodolza

Paul wouldn't have a chance. I can't see him even winning the Republican nomination. Libertarians don't even do well in the primaries. McCain basically had to abandon his libertarian positions to win the nomination.

It never made much sense to me that most libertarians are Republican's, either. They seem to be constantly against their own party platform. Although, I guess a disconnect from reality is a requirement for being a hardcore libertarian.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 17, 2013, 14:30 Bodolza

After getting tired of the constant ads on Pandora, I finally decided to give some its competitors a try-out last week. So far, my favorite has been Songza. I definitely prefer their curated play lists to Pandora's random, yet somehow still repetitive, play lists. Much less obtrusive ads as well.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 12:53 Bodolza

Sorry, but that talk was not good. It was 9 minutes of off-topic bad jokes and 3 minutes of actual information.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 30, 2013, 11:53 Bodolza

Stick with 2003 if you can. The ribbon interface is a bad joke that won't die. I've been using it for 5 years, and I still hate it.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse May 21, 2013, 12:59 Bodolza

Agreed that the new Flickr design is eye-bleedingly awful. Thankfully, I use Picasa (and Picasaweb), which is still refreshingly old-school. I'm just crossing my fingers that Google doesn't pull a Yahoo! with their service.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews May 8, 2013, 12:36 Bodolza

Naturally, it's a video interview, cause no one would be interested if there weren't pictures. Rolleyes

I've got no problem with her using her looks to get ahead. We all use our inherited genetic abilities to succeed (and fail).

33. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2013, 14:31 Bodolza

Why are you talking about high schoolers? The majority of this country are not kids looking to get buzzed.  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2013, 14:05 Bodolza

PHJF wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 11:12:
No more people will use weed when (and it is WHEN) it is legalized than use it now.

Of course they will. It's still illegal just about everywhere, and plenty of American's don't like breaking federal laws. If it stops being illegal millions more will decide to try it just because they can.

Usage will sky-rocket. The question is, do we care? I personally don't, as long as we have the same prohibitions that we do against normal smoking (i.e. not in public places or in buildings).

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2013, 12:25 Bodolza

That's unique. I don't hear many xenophobic rants from people who want to immigrate to the US.  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2013, 18:47 Bodolza

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 18:17:
Read that more people die of obesity than anything else......lets do background checks on McD's and BurgerKing.

I know you're being sarcastic, but if we didn't actually require food to survive, fat and sugar would probably be regulated just like alcohol. No hamburgers unless you're over 21.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2013, 16:30 Bodolza

Brumbek wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 16:18:
a fatalist or Calvinist...or an evolutionist.

One of these things is not like the other two.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2013, 12:55 Bodolza

Well, then, this should make you feel even better.

On average, about 25 people were murdered by gun yesterday. Another 25 today. Another 25 tomorrow, etc.

Around 90 people in the US died in car accidents yesterday. About 90 more will die today.

Intentional or accidental, the real damage in lives caused by these terrorist acts are miniscule compared to what we do to ourselves every day.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
16. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 15, 2013, 13:01 Bodolza

Beamer wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 09:30:
Yup. 50% darker.

No it's not. The projector brightness is increased to compensate for the loss of light. Unless you're going to some crappy theater that was already running dim.

And, regardless of who you are, after about 10-15 minutes you stop realizing things are in 3D

Yes, if done right. That's called immersion, and I consider it a good thing. It means the 3D isn't being used as a gimmick, but to enhance the experience.

3D movies have been around for 70 years. They predate color movies. They aren't going anywhere.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 5, 2013, 13:11 Bodolza

PCs aren't going anywhere. My cellphone is just a small PC, like a shrunken down iMac. I don't think towers are going to go away until the high-bandwidth add-in cards, like GPUs, either get miniaturized or can be put in external boxes.

I just built a new HTPC on this platform: http://us.shuttle.com/barebone/Models/DS61V1.1.html

It's small, quiet, and I still get to pick my CPU, storage, and memory. but the on-board graphics are just barely adequate for gaming. Once that's resolved, I'll probably ditch the tower PC.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2013, 13:11 Bodolza

nin wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 09:12:
Off topic: Anyone bought anything from beatport?

They're legit. I've bought stuff from them before. I'd say they're the biggest site for electronica. They frequently work directly with creators and labels.

They've got a pretty decent amateur community, too. They're usually running remix contests where they offer the original audio stems.

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Mar 29, 2013, 12:18 Bodolza

I was on the "typical PC overreaction" side of things until I checked out the second link. Trashy is fine. It's a club setting, after all. Topless, on the other hand, is clearly over the line for an industry party.  

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Mar 22, 2013, 15:23 Bodolza

Hallelujah, man. Twitter is a scourge on humanity.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 21, 2013, 13:50 Bodolza

What most people miss is how great his presentation skills are. Even if you go back and watch his earliest videos, he has a natural charisma and charm in front of the camera. It's especially apparent in those first X-Play episodes when Morgan was terrible.  

632 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo