Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian

Real Name Brian   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bodolza
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Overworked and Underpaid
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 18, 2003, 16:27
Total Comments 620 (Apprentice)
User ID 16753

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2013, 16:30 Bodolza

Brumbek wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 16:18:
a fatalist or Calvinist...or an evolutionist.

One of these things is not like the other two.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2013, 12:55 Bodolza

Well, then, this should make you feel even better.

On average, about 25 people were murdered by gun yesterday. Another 25 today. Another 25 tomorrow, etc.

Around 90 people in the US died in car accidents yesterday. About 90 more will die today.

Intentional or accidental, the real damage in lives caused by these terrorist acts are miniscule compared to what we do to ourselves every day.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
16. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 15, 2013, 13:01 Bodolza

Beamer wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 09:30:
Yup. 50% darker.

No it's not. The projector brightness is increased to compensate for the loss of light. Unless you're going to some crappy theater that was already running dim.

And, regardless of who you are, after about 10-15 minutes you stop realizing things are in 3D

Yes, if done right. That's called immersion, and I consider it a good thing. It means the 3D isn't being used as a gimmick, but to enhance the experience.

3D movies have been around for 70 years. They predate color movies. They aren't going anywhere.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 5, 2013, 13:11 Bodolza

PCs aren't going anywhere. My cellphone is just a small PC, like a shrunken down iMac. I don't think towers are going to go away until the high-bandwidth add-in cards, like GPUs, either get miniaturized or can be put in external boxes.

I just built a new HTPC on this platform: http://us.shuttle.com/barebone/Models/DS61V1.1.html

It's small, quiet, and I still get to pick my CPU, storage, and memory. but the on-board graphics are just barely adequate for gaming. Once that's resolved, I'll probably ditch the tower PC.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2013, 13:11 Bodolza

nin wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 09:12:
Off topic: Anyone bought anything from beatport?

They're legit. I've bought stuff from them before. I'd say they're the biggest site for electronica. They frequently work directly with creators and labels.

They've got a pretty decent amateur community, too. They're usually running remix contests where they offer the original audio stems.

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Mar 29, 2013, 12:18 Bodolza

I was on the "typical PC overreaction" side of things until I checked out the second link. Trashy is fine. It's a club setting, after all. Topless, on the other hand, is clearly over the line for an industry party.  

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Mar 22, 2013, 15:23 Bodolza

Hallelujah, man. Twitter is a scourge on humanity.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 21, 2013, 13:50 Bodolza

What most people miss is how great his presentation skills are. Even if you go back and watch his earliest videos, he has a natural charisma and charm in front of the camera. It's especially apparent in those first X-Play episodes when Morgan was terrible.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Feds and warrants Mar 19, 2013, 15:27 Bodolza

And it's a shame that so many American's don't realize that government IS the people.  

6. Re: Feds and warrants Mar 19, 2013, 12:23 Bodolza

ACLU vs. Obama administration. I can hear the sound of conservative heads exploding as they try to figure out which side to root for.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
4. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 11, 2013, 12:43 Bodolza

No defense is necessary. Apple wasn't found to be a monopoly by the EU. They were also not found to be abusing said monopoly. They were also not required to open their browser options by the court. Lastly, they did not ignore that requirement, violating their court agreement.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2013, 15:31 Bodolza

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 13:43:
Are you high or just stupid?

He might just be uninformed. No need to resort to name calling right off-the-bat. Save that for the people that actually deserve it.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 6, 2013, 12:45 Bodolza

Maybe I'm being cynical, but in Best Buy's case, I think they're just trying to get people to quit voluntarily. That ship is sinking.

Yahoo at least has a chance of turning things around if they can regain focus.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2013, 12:38 Bodolza

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 12:29:
Remember, the 1st amendment is great, unless you say something that isn't part of the liberal pc mantra. The party of tolerance only if you share their opinions.

I just knew it would be the forum idiot who tried to make this point. This is a private organization and a private individual. No government is involved. This has zero to due with the 1st amendment.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 5, 2013, 14:37 Bodolza

Looks like someone forgot to take his meds this morning.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 1, 2013, 12:52 Bodolza

I've known a few struggling actors. The entertainment industry doesn't work that way. She's middle age by TV standards. When BBT goes off the air, she might never see another major TV role again. She's also making over $7 mill a year. That's a lot of incentive to toe the line.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
20. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 28, 2013, 13:13 Bodolza

Beamer wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 07:25:
I can deal without Google knowing what I watch and download and then tying it to my real name

You mean like what Comcast and most other ISPs currently do?

15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 27, 2013, 16:22 Bodolza

RollinThundr wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 13:26:
Let's be honest it's politically incorrect to celebrate Christmas.

I can't let this bullshit fly. Christmas is the most celebrated holiday by far in the U.S. Where I live, the majority of the houses will have Christmas lights up. It's impossible to go to any commercial area without being inundated with Christmas regalia. All media is filled with Christmas commercials. There's usually a slew of Christmas movies in the theater.

Talk about a disconnect from reality.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 27, 2013, 12:40 Bodolza

I did a quick check. I've had 5 calls on my phone in the past 2 months. I don't use it as a phone. It's a mobile computer/game platform. These days, being able to receive phone calls is a side benefit.  

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 27, 2013, 12:31 Bodolza

The ACLU has consistently fought to keep government out of people's private lives. I always found it ironic that they get the most attacks from Republicans.  

620 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo