Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian

Real Name Brian   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bodolza
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Overworked and Underpaid
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 18, 2003, 16:27
Total Comments 665 (Apprentice)
User ID 16753

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2017, 16:30 Bodolza

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 15:11:
First and foremost, there is a pretty major cut, if you didn't notice this, then maybe rewatch it again, but this time pay attention to everything else aside from the dog. This does not make the video fake, but it does make the video heavily edited.

Yeah, I'm not blind. There is a single cut in the video between two different scenes. It's obvious that they're taken at different times. Everything is different - the background, the camera on the boom, the water structure, the people standing in front of the camera. There's also a big wipe between the scenes. I don't agree that single, obvious cut between two scenes makes the video "heavily edited".

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2017, 13:50 Bodolza

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 13:30:
The video is a good example of fake news

I don't see anything fake about this video. I see a video of a freaked out dog being forcibly dropped into the water by his trainer. There are no cuts. It's not CGI. The dog very obviously doesn't want to do it. Whether or not they completed the scene is completely irrelevant.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 13:15 Bodolza

Trump makes unverified accusation that intelligence agencies leaked report with unverified accusations.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 9, 2017, 17:48 Bodolza

Steazy wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 16:57:
I'm more surprised that Twitter would suspend Shkreli for targeted harassment of a reporter but completely ignore @theRealOrangeOrangutan .

What's @theRealOrangeOrangutan? Twitter and Google don't show any results.

News Comments > GeForce Now Streaming Announced
28. Re: GeForce Now Streaming Announced Jan 5, 2017, 13:21 Bodolza

This service has been around for years. It was included with Shield devices for free for about a year while it was in beta. This news seems to be just about them porting the app to Mac and Windows, instead of only Android devices.

I tried it out quite a bit during the free period. It worked okay for slow moving games, like Lego Star Wars, but the input lag was noticeable. Also, it may have been streaming in HD, but there were constant video artifacts. Most of the library is games that are 2+ years old, so you can already pick them up at bargain prices to play them locally.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 21, 2016, 13:55 Bodolza

Cutter wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 23:08:
I generally like the EFF but this is complete bullshit and outright lying.
Sorry, Cutter, but this is all accurate.

He promised to identify and deport millions of your friends and neighbors
Donald Trump: "We have at least 11 million people in this country that came in illegally. They will go out"

track people based on their religious beliefs
Donald Trump: "We’re going to have to look at a lot of things very closely We’re going to have to look at the mosques. We’re going to have to look very, very carefully."

suppress freedom of the press
Donald Trump: "I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money"

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2016, 18:28 Bodolza

Pretty much agreed on Rogue One. The script could have used some tightening, and the final battle was a bit long. They could have dropped the Imperial Pilot's end mission entirely without affecting the plot at all. Also, the movie really should have ended about a couple minutes before it did. There was a perfect shot of Vader to end on.

Those are all fairly minor quibbles, though. Any fan of the old EU stuff should really check out this movie. It may not feel like a "Star Wars" movie, but it captures the feel of those comics, books, and video games that came out in the 90's.

Much better, IMHO, than the travesty that was TFA.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 19, 2016, 13:16 Bodolza

Sadly, Slashdot has gone the same way. A whole bunch of whiny, entitled, thin-skinned geeks up-voting each other. There's no actual discussion anymore on those discussion forums. People just fire off some comment and never respond.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 16, 2016, 16:42 Bodolza

NetHead wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 15:43:
When hacking location or country X, simply go through something that won't want to cooperate with them which is conveniently often very well known.
Yeah, I'm sure the intelligence agencies never though of that. Maybe you should offer your brilliant insight to the CIA.

Considering all intelligence agencies are confirming the attacks came from Russia, I don't see a good reason to doubt them. After all, these are the same agencies that are wiretapping every conversation coming in and out of the USA. The only thing that seems to be in dispute is intention.

Also why is the issue that information was made available rather than what the information itself was.
That information has already been released, examined, and litigated. It's not news. Bringing it up is another attempt to try to redirect conversation from the news.

Why aren't you bothered by a foreign governments attempts to interfere with US elections through criminal activities? Are you okay with the CIA doing the same in other countries?

News Comments > Ubisoft Giveaway Second Chance
16. Re: Ubisoft Giveaway Second Chance Dec 16, 2016, 13:01 Bodolza

I find Uplay less intrusive than Steam. It takes fewer system resources, I don't need it running at all to play the games, and it's not constantly restarting to update itself.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 16, 2016, 12:58 Bodolza

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 02:00:
And what about OP-ED's ?

Did you read the article? By definition they're opinion based and not news, so wouldn't fall under this policy.

News Comments > Arizona Sunshine i7-Exclusive Content Released for All
8. Re: Arizona Sunshine i7-Exclusive Content Released for All Dec 8, 2016, 14:19 Bodolza

If they were listening to their customers, they wouldn't have tried to pull this in the first place. Also, someone had posted a work-around to github literally within a couple hours of release. I imagine it was an even quicker fix for the devs. They probably just needed to comment out an "if" clause.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2016, 13:34 Bodolza

I started watching Oliver Stone's Untold History of the US on Netflix recently. Besides being relentlessly depressing, one of the things they postulated is that if the Japanese and Germans had actually coordinated in any significant way, they could have crushed Russia by attacking on two fronts. Interesting how the Nazi's racism both drove their rise, but eventually caused their downfall.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2016, 14:01 Bodolza

What is up with that South Park article? It was just word salad -- like someone ran it through Google Translate twice. I wonder if someone is testing out a news bot.  

32. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2016, 20:14 Bodolza

Cutter wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 14:56:
BTW for all you VR cats, how important are the HDMI slots?

For me, not very. Vive happily runs off of DisplayPort or HDMI. I'm using an MSI 1070 right now. The lone HDMI port is driving the 4K monitor, and the Vive is plugged into DisplayPort. No problems here.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 23, 2016, 12:35 Bodolza

Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 11:43:
As always there's never been any shortage of skilled workers, just greedy employers who don't want to pay people decently for their work.

You don't know what you're talking about. As someone who's done some hiring in the tech industry, I can absolutely tell you there is a shortage of skilled workers. I've spent months interviewing people from all over the country for some positions. Or do you think $150K/year salary isn't decent pay?

The real problem is the abuse of the H-1B visa program by companies taking advantage of poor oversight and enforcement.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
27. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2016, 15:28 Bodolza

Quboid wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 15:11:
The DNC leaks are a separate issue to Clinton's private email server -

That's true, and I didn't read every single article in the search results, but just looking at the first page of results, about half of the articles are specifically about the leaked e-mails. Assuming that holds for the rest of the search results, that's still around 500 articles.

23. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2016, 14:52 Bodolza

WaltC wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 14:30:
The suit (launched at NY taxpayer's expense, of course) failed to affect the outcome of the election and so the NY AG is settling as he i never had a suit he could win in the first place
What is this? Some copy/paste from a pro-Trump talking point website? It's like a robot wrote this.

Trump settled for $25 million dollars. If it's true that the AG wouldn't win, why would Trump settle?

Notice that the state of NY has signified in writing that Trump broke no laws and committed no wrongdoing--it's in the agreement, of course! The whole thing was a fraud from day 1.

You are apparently clueless on how settlements work. Please go inform yourself on how legal settlements work before posting more uninformed drivel.

22. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2016, 14:45 Bodolza

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 13:24:
You mean they didn't. Sorry, the media didn't dig into the DNC leaks.

There have been over 1000 articles about the DNC emails on the NY Times alone in the past year.

http://query.nytimes.com/search/sitesearch/?action=click&contentCollection=Politics& region=TopBar&WT.nav=searchWidget&module=SearchSubmit&pgtype=article#/clinton+emails/365days/

That's just a single newspaper. So, as I said, you are either woefully misinformed, or a liar. Which is it?

12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2016, 13:22 Bodolza

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 13:07:
Something that the media didn't cover.
Yes they did. You haven't been paying attention.

The very first scandal about "selling access"
This is not the first. It's been happening for about 200 years. You are either grossly misinformed or a liar.

Several of whom are still in the clinton foundation, work in the DNC, and so on.
The "so on" includes members of both parties, and the current President Elect who has actually bragged about doing it.

665 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo