Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian

Real Name Brian   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bodolza
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Overworked and Underpaid
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 18, 2003, 16:27
Total Comments 684 (Apprentice)
User ID 16753

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2017, 11:56 Bodolza

McSterls wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 09:08:
and yes I'm very tired of waiting for it.

Pity us Venture Bros fans.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 27, 2017, 18:46 Bodolza

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 17:30:
They can run it how they choose.
No, they can't. They're a business, therefore they are subject to regulations, just like every other business in the world.

Since when is promoting your products illegal?
It becomes illegal when you use your market dominance in one area to influence another. That's been the case for roughly 2,000 years.

Pretty sure they're not the only search engine in the world.
The bar is not to be the only company. Market dominance is enough to be considered a legal monopoly.

Sprint isn't allowed to say their service is better than T-Mobile?
a) Sprint isn't the dominant company in the market
b) This isn't what Google is accused of doing. They're not saying their internet search product is better than another company's internet search product. They are intentionally lowering the natural search ranking for their competitors non-internet search products.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 22, 2017, 14:15 Bodolza

If they had admitted that election counts could have been hacked, it would throw the country into an immediate constitutional crisis. I'm not saying that there's a conspiracy to hide the truth about the extent of the hacking, but if there was going to be cover-up, this would be the time.  

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil 2 Trailers
10. Re: Beyond Good and Evil 2 Trailers Jun 13, 2017, 15:09 Bodolza

Apparently Ubisoft has absolutely no idea why the first one was so popular.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 1, 2017, 16:19 Bodolza

I've been using duckduckgo a lot recently, and they use bing as their backend search engine. I've got to say that they always have much fewer results than Google, but not only do they frequently have entirely different results, but it's often more relevant. Google does too much guessing about what it thinks you're searching for.  

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 1, 2017, 14:45 Bodolza

What's funny is that my company was already in the middle of migrating off of Onelogin to a competitor specifically because of a lack of confidence in their security.  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jun 1, 2017, 14:41 Bodolza

Jesus, I had that exact TV in the first picture. I remember taking a hammer to the stupid reflective screen. Can't to that to a modern TV. I eventually gave it to my mother when I upgraded to HDTV, and she used it for WebTV.  

News Comments > Star Trek: Bridge Crew Released
24. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Released May 31, 2017, 13:34 Bodolza

I played a bit last night - just the tutorials and the first mission solo. It's pretty fun. I'm looking forward to playing with some actual humans. You almost feel like you're on the bridge, but the graphics are holding it back from true realism. I guess that's the downside of having to be PSVR compatible. On the plus side, it's buttery smooth on the PC.

It's still real enough that more than once I tried to lean on the non-existent consoles in front of me. I can imagine someone making custom furniture for this game.

Complexity is similar to Artemis. I'd say helm and engineering have more to do than Artemis, but tactical is fairly basic, but that's true to the show, too.

The ToS bridge is bonkers. Everything is just colored cubes were you have to memorize their functions.

10. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 10, 2017, 15:31 Bodolza

descender wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 15:12:
It must be exhausting never watching a repeat of a single tv episode or movie and always having to find something new to watch... :D

Not at all. There is way more to watch than I'll ever have time for. My Netflix queue is hundreds of items long, and I've got stuff on TiVo going back years that I haven't had time for. I also seek out material that isn't just a rehash of stuff I've seen before. I rarely rewatch anything, and if I do, it's either because I know there are things I didn't catch the first time, or because I haven't seen it in so long I don't remember what happened. If a TV show starts becoming repetitive, I drop it.

I would imagine that the reason most of us choose gaming as our preferred medium of entertainment is that we desire interactivity. To me... being told a story (TV/Movies) is the opposite of that.
I prefer to have my cake and eat it too. My favorite games are ones that are both interactive, and also tell a good story. Games like Grim Fandango or Half-life. In general, I don't like rogue-likes or RTS games for the same reason. Thankfully, there are plenty of story-driven games out there for people like me.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2017, 14:57 Bodolza

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 14:49:
Like counterstrike? Survival games? MOBA's?

Yes, I find them about as interesting as other sports. I once made it through about 15 minutes of a Counterstrike match before getting bored watching them do the same thing over and over again. I tried watching a MOBA, but I couldn't even figure out what the hell was going on. Haven't tried watching a survival game, but I've played enough of them that I imagine it's got the excitement level of a golf game.

I, personally, find story-driven experiences much more involving. I don't criticize people that like watching sports, but generally speaking, I don't find them interesting.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2017, 14:25 Bodolza

And the 1964 Grammy for Best Rock & Roll Recording is "Downtime". Rock on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV7Qt9afSho

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2017, 14:14 Bodolza

Some of us find most sports mind-numbingly boring. I don't get how someone can be interested in watching the same thing over and over and over again for hours on end.  

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Apr 7, 2017, 13:25 Bodolza

Your taxes also paid for that $100 million in missiles we used to just blow up an airfield.

"America has spent approximately $6 trillion in the Middle East, all this while our infrastructure at home is crumbling. With this $6 trillion we could have rebuilt our country -- twice." - Trump

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 27, 2017, 13:57 Bodolza

"Special snowflake" is just another term for self-centered. Older people have been complaining about the younger generation being self-centered since the dawn of time.

"The world is passing through troublous times. The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age."
-Peter the Hermit A.D. 1274

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 22, 2017, 12:55 Bodolza

Creston wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 10:06:
Also, holy fucking fuck, IBM has 2600 fucking marketing people? TWENTY-SIX HUNDRED! WHAT FOR?

Do you have any idea how big IBM is? That's about 0.5% of their workforce.

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 20, 2017, 14:16 Bodolza

WaltC wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 12:57:
Comey testified that they were investigating *to see* if there was any "Russian interference" in the election.

You are behind on your information. The FBI, and several other intelligence agencies, have already investigated and concluded that the Russians intentionally interfered with the election in an attempt to assist Trump. Trump himself has acknowledged this as a fact.

Today's testimony is about the investigation into possible coordination or collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2017, 19:45 Bodolza

Cutter wrote on Mar 12, 2017, 19:48:
Looks pretty good...except for Chris Pine.

Better than Gal Gadot. She may look pretty, but she has so far demonstrated no personality or acting ability in BvS or these trailers.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 28, 2017, 19:43 Bodolza

Every review I've read for TPCast says no noticeable lag and little to no video degradation. The battery isn't attached to the headset, so the box that sits on top of your head is unnoticeable.

Also, it's first generation wireless tech for a first gen headset. Right now, the graphics cards are the real bottleneck, anyways, not the display resolution. When the next generation of headsets and graphics cards come out, they'll be on their second gen of wireless as well.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
7. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 27, 2017, 12:59 Bodolza

Windows 7 at least gives me the option of uninstalling the updates that include telemetry. It's baked in to Windows 10, so you'll never be able to totally get rid of it.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2017, 16:30 Bodolza

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 15:11:
First and foremost, there is a pretty major cut, if you didn't notice this, then maybe rewatch it again, but this time pay attention to everything else aside from the dog. This does not make the video fake, but it does make the video heavily edited.

Yeah, I'm not blind. There is a single cut in the video between two different scenes. It's obvious that they're taken at different times. Everything is different - the background, the camera on the boom, the water structure, the people standing in front of the camera. There's also a big wipe between the scenes. I don't agree that single, obvious cut between two scenes makes the video "heavily edited".

684 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo