Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian

Real Name Brian   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bodolza
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Overworked and Underpaid
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 18, 2003, 16:27
Total Comments 702 (Apprentice)
User ID 16753

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
16. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 8, 2017, 11:57 Bodolza

jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 00:49:
Sia just uploaded a nude photo of herself[/url] for that reason.

I hope she checked with her lawyer before hand to make sure she had publishing rights to those photos. Otherwise, she just opened herself up to a big lawsuit from the real owners.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges
27. Re: Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges Nov 6, 2017, 16:37 Bodolza

MajorD wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 15:41:
You should probably stop using GMail, Social Media, and your cell phone then.

Unlike Windows 10, none of those can track every application I run, every keystroke I type, and every website I visit.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 2, 2017, 17:41 Bodolza

Okay, I'll bite. I use to work as an IT Security Professional. In my professional opinion, the Russia hacking is entirely plausible. But really, there's no need to speculate. We now know the Russians themselves told Trump campaign members that they did the hacking.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 27, 2017, 12:56 Bodolza

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 21:22:
Ok the server is wiped, but you can't tell me the owners of such server don't have backups and if they do and their gone, really there has to be some new prison term rules for this.

They intentionally wiped the backups as well. I'm sure the Republicans think sacrificing a few people to prison is worth it. It should be interesting to see how they try to blame Mueller for this.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2017, 16:40 Bodolza

Simon Says wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 15:28:
Still waiting for them to explain how the bullet which supposedly came from behind magically pushed the head backward on impact

Not sure if you're serious but that was explained decades ago.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 17, 2017, 17:08 Bodolza

Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 10:01:
Some people let it out into the face of others. So what? I can deal with an angry gamer going ballistic over BS. Who cant?
Judging by this rant, I'd say you can't.

Only people who are very insecure, which is a problem in their whole life and they should get professional help to get it fixed or they will have far more serious problems outside of games.
Agreed, professional help sounds like a good idea.

Here's a simple idea that will solve this for everyone involved: Don't be a dick

It's not hard to not be a dick. There are plenty of other words available to you to express your frustration which are not epithets. Why not use one of those words instead? It will make others happier if you do, and it's so easy.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 10, 2017, 16:59 Bodolza

NKD wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 15:15:
every version of Windows has been an overall improvement.

No it hasn't. Windows 10 is a major step backwards from Windows 7 both in terms of UI and privacy. The under-the-hood changes were minor, and could have been done in a Windows 7 service pack, like they're doing with the "Creators Updates" now. The only reason to upgrade to 10 is that Microsoft is basically forcing you too by intentionally breaking or limiting functionality in 7.

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Sep 15, 2017, 13:27 Bodolza

Dash wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 02:56:
You mean, way back, before all the current garbage started up, and people didn't pay attention to the characters as long as they were well-written

Video games are mainstream now, which means they're subject to mainstream sensibilities. We're never going back to a time when AAA titles are produced by 10 guys. It's another mass-media product, and has been for some time, which means it now carries all the baggage of our culture.

You might as well accept that, cause it's not going to ever go back.

News Comments > Into the Black
17. Re: Into the Black Sep 13, 2017, 14:21 Bodolza

If you have to rely on as-yet-unwritten movies in the future in order for your movie to make sense, then you've created a bad movie.

This post pretty-much sums up my feelings in a better way than I could express: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/78534#comment-3514804812

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black Sep 1, 2017, 13:13 Bodolza

We haven't changed because there's no good reason to. Celsius is not a "metric" measurement. Both are base 10. Both scales are based on physical properties. The only reason to switch to Celsius is because other countries use it.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 16, 2017, 12:46 Bodolza

Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 12:17:
Obama's tweet is a fantasy and nothing more.

So you actually think people are born hating Jews?

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 9, 2017, 12:32 Bodolza

dubfanatic wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 11:57:
Is this still justified?

Yes. That person knew the culture of the company, yet still chose to work there. As long as the company is not doing something illegal, it's within their rights to fire them for violating policy. This is especially true in California, which is an at-will employment state.

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 8, 2017, 17:09 Bodolza

Orogogus wrote on Aug 8, 2017, 16:14:
it's illegal in California.
FYI, their was a huge drop in diversity of colleges in California after that law was passed.

You say discrimination is okay if it's for a good cause.
I never said this. I said we all discriminate all the time about lots of stuff. I made several discriminatory decisions today when I decided what to have for lunch. Discrimination itself is not inherently good or bad.

I've very intentionally left out any judgement of whether I think these particular policies are good or bad. My only point is that widely posting ANYTHING that goes explictly against company policy is dumb.

Maybe it is, but if you're not allowed to even talk about it then how do you know if it's gone too far, or far enough?
It would seem Google agrees with you.

"First, let me say that we strongly support the right of Googlers to express themselves, and much of what was in that memo is fair to debate, regardless of whether a vast majority of Googlers disagree with it."

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 8, 2017, 15:51 Bodolza

Pretty much everything listed under "The Harm of Google's biases". Every decision is discriminatory in one way or the other. People choose colors, what car they drive, their shoes -- all based on discriminatory choices. Google has chosen to discriminate based on race and gender towards the goal of increasing diversity and inclusion. Those are the values that the company leadership has decided to embrace.  

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 8, 2017, 15:04 Bodolza

I read it. It is anti-diversity and inclusion. Regardless of whether you think his points are right or wrong, Google, and many other companies, have made it corporate policy to encourage diversity and inclusion, even if it's not the most economical or efficient in the short term. This guy is an idiot for publicly posting something directly against corporate policy. It doesn't really matter what the subject was. Going against corporate policy is always a good way to get fired.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2017, 16:55 Bodolza

Cutter wrote on Aug 7, 2017, 14:30:
Fucking spoilers, man! Use secret text.

My bad. Edited the post. GoT is literally the only show I watch live. I found that avoiding spoilers is practically impossible if you don't.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2017, 14:23 Bodolza

Blue wrote on Aug 7, 2017, 13:16:
I also like their recent use of portals for travel.

Spoilers:
Seems to me that they've just stopped showing us months of travel time between scenes. At the end of last episode they had just raided Highgarden. By the time the attack happens at the end of this episode they've traveled all the way back to King's Landing and unloaded all the gold.

Highgarden is farther away from King's Landing than Dragonstone, giving an army on horseback plenty of time to catch up with the slow moving loot train.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2017, 16:52.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2017, 11:56 Bodolza

McSterls wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 09:08:
and yes I'm very tired of waiting for it.

Pity us Venture Bros fans.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 27, 2017, 18:46 Bodolza

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 17:30:
They can run it how they choose.
No, they can't. They're a business, therefore they are subject to regulations, just like every other business in the world.

Since when is promoting your products illegal?
It becomes illegal when you use your market dominance in one area to influence another. That's been the case for roughly 2,000 years.

Pretty sure they're not the only search engine in the world.
The bar is not to be the only company. Market dominance is enough to be considered a legal monopoly.

Sprint isn't allowed to say their service is better than T-Mobile?
a) Sprint isn't the dominant company in the market
b) This isn't what Google is accused of doing. They're not saying their internet search product is better than another company's internet search product. They are intentionally lowering the natural search ranking for their competitors non-internet search products.

702 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo