Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian

Real Name Brian   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bodolza
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Overworked and Underpaid
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 18, 2003, 16:27
Total Comments 713 (Apprentice)
User ID 16753

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 15, 2018, 15:29 Bodolza

No, we aren't.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Free Weekend
16. Re: Fallout 4 Free Weekend Jan 30, 2018, 16:08 Bodolza

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 15:42:
There's a lot of bugs with VR i hear, making it a horrible shit pile.

You hear wrong. I've encountered a few minor bugs. None are game breaking - just a minor annoyance. For example, it's possible to accidentally bring up both the inventory and settlement menu at the same time, making it impossible to exit either menu, so you have to restart. Annoying, but once you do it a couple times, you learn to be careful about not activating the settlement menu.

Scopes don't work yet, but that's supposed to be fixed very soon.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Free Weekend
11. Re: Fallout 4 Free Weekend Jan 30, 2018, 14:52 Bodolza

The game is pretty amazing in VR. Standing on top of Trinity Tower at dusk and watching the fires burning below and fog rolling through the hills in the distance. Knowing you can walk to anywhere you can see. As someone else said, it's what we dreamed about as kids.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 26, 2018, 13:26 Bodolza

He didn't actually apologize. He said he would apologize - and then didn't. I suppose that's a slight improvement over his tendency to outright contradict himself within the same sentence.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 25, 2018, 17:02 Bodolza

Anyone upgrading to vCenter 6.5 with PSC is an IT professional, and the good ones know that a) you should always test the upgrade first because b) vmware's documentation is terrible, and they always have 100's of bugs. I had to do a test run of the 5.0 upgrade at least 3 times to get a working process.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 9, 2018, 15:11 Bodolza

ledhead1969 wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 13:52:
Meanwhile, back in reality, the typical Blue's sheep never said a word when Obama did the same thing.

Do you bother to read the things you post? The first article is about bringing broadband to under-served parts of cities - exactly the opposite of low-density, high cost internet.

The second article is just about a meeting the administration had. Nothing was done.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2018, 14:36 Bodolza

Pigeon wrote on Jan 7, 2018, 14:32:
Not that I'm surprised an arcade game is rigged, but I wonder that rigging would make it run afoul of gambling regulations (depending on local laws).

I have a feeling this guy just unknowingly kicked off a shitstorm. I can imagine local news agencies across the country are going to pick this up. I'll bet most parents weren't aware that these games were essentially gambling for children.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2017, 13:43 Bodolza

F.E.A.R spent way to much time in office cubicles, but it did have the best enemy A.I. of any game I've ever played to this day.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
9. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 18, 2017, 14:48 Bodolza

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 04:31:
I stopped watching (And caring) after they killed the 1 female character that I cared about (the farm girl)

That's funny. I also stopped watching at the exact same time. It wasn't the fact that they killed the character - it was how they did it. It felt totally random and unnecessary. I realized at that point that the writers were more concerned with shock-value than anything else, and decided I didn't need the narrative abuse.

General Discussion > Star Wars Spoiler Thread
14. Re: Star Wars Spoiler Thread Dec 17, 2017, 02:10 Bodolza

I had a lot to say on TFA - most of it not good. My review for this one is much shorter: Okay, but kinda boring.

Overall, I'd rate it similar to AOTC. None of TLJ's best moments were as good as the best of AOTC, but nothing was as bad as some of the stuff in AOTC. They both suffer from a lot of uninteresting and unnecessary stuff.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2017, 16:14 Bodolza

Coincidentally, I started re-watching all the Bond films this past weekend. I've actually made it through the first 11 films so far, and I'm not normally a binge watcher. Many of them I haven't seen in decades, and I've never watched them back-to-back like this. It's been fascinating to see the character evolve, and also re-evaluate my opinions of the movies now that I can really compare them closely.

Dr. No was never a favorite, but was actually better than I remember, though still pretty slow near the end. Goldfinger is considerably worse then I remember, however. I'd be hard-pressed to name my favorite Connery film. None of them are really stand-outs. The first two Moore films are terrible, but Moonraker was actually pretty fun. The last 20 minutes are ridiculous, though.

For the most part, the blu-rays look fantastic, even on the older films. I've never seen most of these movies in widescreen or high-def, so it's nice to be finally be able to appreciate the scenery and set design.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
16. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 8, 2017, 11:57 Bodolza

jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 00:49:
Sia just uploaded a nude photo of herself[/url] for that reason.

I hope she checked with her lawyer before hand to make sure she had publishing rights to those photos. Otherwise, she just opened herself up to a big lawsuit from the real owners.

News Comments > Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges
27. Re: Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges Nov 6, 2017, 16:37 Bodolza

MajorD wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 15:41:
You should probably stop using GMail, Social Media, and your cell phone then.

Unlike Windows 10, none of those can track every application I run, every keystroke I type, and every website I visit.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 2, 2017, 17:41 Bodolza

Okay, I'll bite. I use to work as an IT Security Professional. In my professional opinion, the Russia hacking is entirely plausible. But really, there's no need to speculate. We now know the Russians themselves told Trump campaign members that they did the hacking.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 27, 2017, 12:56 Bodolza

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 21:22:
Ok the server is wiped, but you can't tell me the owners of such server don't have backups and if they do and their gone, really there has to be some new prison term rules for this.

They intentionally wiped the backups as well. I'm sure the Republicans think sacrificing a few people to prison is worth it. It should be interesting to see how they try to blame Mueller for this.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2017, 16:40 Bodolza

Simon Says wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 15:28:
Still waiting for them to explain how the bullet which supposedly came from behind magically pushed the head backward on impact

Not sure if you're serious but that was explained decades ago.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 17, 2017, 17:08 Bodolza

Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 10:01:
Some people let it out into the face of others. So what? I can deal with an angry gamer going ballistic over BS. Who cant?
Judging by this rant, I'd say you can't.

Only people who are very insecure, which is a problem in their whole life and they should get professional help to get it fixed or they will have far more serious problems outside of games.
Agreed, professional help sounds like a good idea.

Here's a simple idea that will solve this for everyone involved: Don't be a dick

It's not hard to not be a dick. There are plenty of other words available to you to express your frustration which are not epithets. Why not use one of those words instead? It will make others happier if you do, and it's so easy.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 10, 2017, 16:59 Bodolza

NKD wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 15:15:
every version of Windows has been an overall improvement.

No it hasn't. Windows 10 is a major step backwards from Windows 7 both in terms of UI and privacy. The under-the-hood changes were minor, and could have been done in a Windows 7 service pack, like they're doing with the "Creators Updates" now. The only reason to upgrade to 10 is that Microsoft is basically forcing you too by intentionally breaking or limiting functionality in 7.

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Sep 15, 2017, 13:27 Bodolza

Dash wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 02:56:
You mean, way back, before all the current garbage started up, and people didn't pay attention to the characters as long as they were well-written

Video games are mainstream now, which means they're subject to mainstream sensibilities. We're never going back to a time when AAA titles are produced by 10 guys. It's another mass-media product, and has been for some time, which means it now carries all the baggage of our culture.

You might as well accept that, cause it's not going to ever go back.

713 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo