Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Brian

Real Name Brian   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bodolza
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Overworked and Underpaid
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 18, 2003, 16:27
Total Comments 786 (Graduate)
User ID 16753

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
27. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 26, 2019, 14:47 Bodolza

After burning through Obra Dinn, I'll have to pick up Papers, Please for $5.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 198X Released
2. Re: 198X Released Jun 21, 2019, 12:35 Bodolza

Looks interesting, but part 1, and 2 hour play time has me concerned. I think I'll be waiting until they complete the game.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 19, 2019, 13:46 Bodolza

jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 03:02:
No one wants to "ruin" SF by putting in 30 story apartment complexes. But gentrification has pushed out everyone who might work in a restaurant.

There are large apartment building buildings going up all over the Financial District. The problem is that they're market rate, so the only people that can afford them are foreign investors and millionaires.

e.g. https://181fremont.com/

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jun 12, 2019, 14:00 Bodolza

Agreed on all points. I thought Brie Larson was pretty good as an action star in Kong, so I'm blaming the director for that performance. It's probaby an uncommon opinion, but I enjoyed Dark Pheonix quite a bit more in comparison.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 6, 2019, 16:52 Bodolza

I've been using TripIt for many years, now. I think I got for free from Amazon back when they still had an app store. It's been pretty reliable.  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jun 6, 2019, 15:05 Bodolza

The reviews aren't good, but they seem to consistently rate it higher than Apocolypse. That wasn't a great movie but I liked it enough, so if Pheonix is better, I'll catch it in the theater.  

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 5, 2019, 15:11 Bodolza

Verno wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 12:17:
And you can't ban someone from Youtube for being mean.

They sure can. It's written very plainly in their ToS.

"Content or behavior intended to maliciously harass, threaten, or bully others is not allowed on YouTube."

"Donít post...content that makes hurtful and negative personal comments/videos about another person"

"Your channel will be terminated if you receive 3 strikes."

News Comments > Obduction Free in GOG.com Summer Sale
10. Re: obduction is boring. Free is good. May 30, 2019, 14:02 Bodolza

Now that I've upgraded my system, I'll give this a shot again. It was pretty poorly optimized last time I tried it in VR.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2019, 12:54 Bodolza

There's not enough in the trailer for me to form much of an opinion. It looks like Sarah Conner Chronicles: The Movie, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. And, yeah, the CGI is distractingly bad. I expect more from the person who basically invented it.  

News Comments > Beat Saber Released
3. Re: Beat Saber Released May 22, 2019, 15:57 Bodolza

Is it still a wave shooter?  

News Comments > STAR WARS Battlefront (Classic, 2004) on GOG.com and Steam
1. Re: STAR WARS Battlefront (Classic, 2004) on GOG.com and Steam May 2, 2019, 14:38 Bodolza

I always preferred the Galactic Conquest Battlefield mod.  

3. Re: Morning Metaverse May 2, 2019, 14:31 Bodolza

Meanwhile, Hulu and YoutubeTV are still stuck in stereo.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2019, 15:37 Bodolza

Mr. Tact wrote on May 1, 2019, 11:49:
The people those fan service moments were directed at, are going to love the film

This is me, so yes, I did enjoy the hell out of it. In terms of story structure, it's not as good as Infinity War, but I found it more effective on an emotional level.

Without getting into spoilers, I also think there are far fewer plot holes than people think. The plan is pretty convoluted, but it was clearly thought through extensively by the writers.

News Comments > Sweeney: Valve Matching Epic's Commission Would End EGS Exclusives
16. Re: Sweeney: Valve Matching Epic's Commission Would End EGS Exclusives Apr 25, 2019, 13:47 Bodolza

People sure do have short memories. Steam is anti-consumer, monopolistic trash. I'd be happy to see the platform die ASAP. They're solely responsible for the death of right of resale for PC games. How rich that people complain about exclusives, when Steam itself already has tons of exclusives.

It's a privacy nightmare with the ability to track everything you do. It forces updates both for its own client and applications more frequently and forcefully than Microsoft ever did. It's a resource hog even when doing nothing. It's also full of DRM.

I personally try to use GOG for as many purchases as possible.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
20. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 16, 2019, 16:36 Bodolza

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 15:56:
You're providing facts to a rock. It's a waste of time.

Oh, I know. But if we let lies like that stand unchallenged in an open forum, then someone else reading it might actually believe what he wrote. That's how these things spread.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
18. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 16, 2019, 15:02 Bodolza

Scheherazade wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 13:05:
- Black US persons since the ~80's haven't had institutional racism directed against them.

"Black male offenders received sentences on average 20.4 percent longer than similarly situated White male offenders...violence in an offenderís criminal history does not appear to contribute to the sentence imposed"

https://www.ussc.gov/research/research-reports/demographic-differences-sentencing

News Comments > EU vs Valve and Others Over Geo-Blocking
18. Re: EU vs Valve and Others Over Geo-Blocking Apr 5, 2019, 15:01 Bodolza

Beamer wrote on Apr 5, 2019, 13:43:
There's no reason, except that some countries average $85,000 per year for a family of four, and other countries, with the same currency, average $25,000.

And because they're part of the EU, those families are free to move and work in those other countries if they want the higher salary. Of course the cost of living will also be higher, so it might not be worth it, but they have the freedom to choose where they live and work.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Apr 5, 2019, 14:32 Bodolza

HoSpanky wrote on Apr 5, 2019, 07:10:
The ridiculous part is that the studios could EASILY make that pay scale worth more by relocating studios to less costly locations.

You're looking at it backwards. The studios could easily move, as long as they don't mind not having anyone work for them. These places are expensive because that's where people want to live. The studios open offices there because that's where the talent is. If your skills are in demand, you get to pick the place you live and the companies come to you.

News Comments > Get The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind for Free
10. Re: Get The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind for Free Mar 26, 2019, 16:23 Bodolza

An issue that continued on into Oblivion. I was able to stack enough chameleon charms to reach 100%, which basically turned me into a god.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 20, 2019, 16:07 Bodolza

I have access to fiber, and it's still a joke. It's not the bandwidth that's the problem - it's the latency. I've tried the Nvidia service several times. It's fine for adventure games, but contoller lag is unbearable for action games.  

786 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo