Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian

Real Name Brian   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bodolza
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Overworked and Underpaid
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 18, 2003, 16:27
Total Comments 763 (Graduate)
User ID 16753

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
18. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jan 14, 2019, 14:05 Bodolza

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 13, 2019, 23:35:
I'm still rocking a HTC one from 4 years ago, mainly because I simply will not buy a phone without a headphone jack, SD card support and ideally a easily-replaceable battery.

Samsung Galaxy S9 has a headphone jack and SD card support. Also no notch and reasonably sized. No removable battery, but good luck finding a phone with that. I recently upgraded to a S9+ because most web sites are so full of slow javascript these days that the old phone was barely coping when loading pages. Always having a decent camera on me is also nice.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Steam Awards 2018 Nominees - Winter Sale Starts Thursday
18. Re: The Steam Awards 2018 Nominees - Winter Sale Starts Thursday Dec 19, 2018, 14:38 Bodolza

I don't understand the parameters here. Some of these games came out years ago.

I agree that Beat Saber will win, but only because it's the "cool" game that all the kids are playing. I've spent far, far more time in Skyrim VR. Beat Saber isn't even a tech demo compared to the amount of content and gameplay in Skyrim.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 12, 2018, 20:19 Bodolza

MeanJim wrote on Dec 12, 2018, 16:13:
Even if Google were bias, is that illegal? They made it so corporations are people, and people can have political bias.

They qualify as a monopoly, so they do have additional regulation applied to them in regards to what they can do. I don't know if political bias is one of them.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 30, 2018, 13:03 Bodolza

As a long-time fan of Daredevil, I also thought the Netflix production was great. Head-and-shoulders above the rest of Netflix's Marvel shows. I'm pretty sad to see this happen.

I'm pretty sure this is due to Disney's new streaming service. It's not like Marvel/Disney isn't above this type of pettiness, like when they cancelled the Fantastic Four comic just because they didn't have the film rights.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2018, 17:08 Bodolza

I remember even for the time that the graphics in Half Life were unimpressive. Not Jedi Knight level bad, but still behind the curve. That intro sequence more than made up for that.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2018, 14:16 Bodolza

Heads up that the Samsung Odyssey+ is on-sale for $299. This is a Black Friday deal, but they've started it a bit early.

link

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 1, 2018, 13:37 Bodolza

After reading the article, it sounds like the head of ACE has a significant personality disorder. These kind of people only get more extreme when you attack them, so ACE is probably dead as a mainstream organization. Too bad.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 31, 2018, 15:45 Bodolza

True. It's much smarter than most real autopilot systems that just keep you level and pointed in the same direction.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 30, 2018, 14:24 Bodolza

feh.

https://youtu.be/6cGTsX3O-2E?t=5m23s

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 25, 2018, 13:37 Bodolza

CCP Games released a mediocre multiplayer only game for a high price, and exclusive to Rift. They deserved to fail.

As to VR in general, I truly do not understand why every person on this site doesn't already have a headset. This is a gaming site, and VR is the biggest advancement in gaming since 3D accelerators. Most people here already have a PC gaming rig that's capable enough, and you can pick up a headset for under $400. Adjusted for inflation, that's cheaper than 3DFX card was when they were released.

News Comments > Into the Black
21. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2018, 13:19 Bodolza

Scheherazade wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 10:30:
Trump never called nazis fine people.

His quote was : "You had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides"

The meaning of his comment are extremely clear to everyone. Only one side had Nazis. If you're marching with Nazis, then guess what - YOU'RE A NAZI. Naziism isn't an ethnicity you have to born to, or a club you have to sign up for. It's a social movement. If you support a social movement, then you are part of it. So yes, Trump did say Nazis were "very fine people".

News Comments > Intel i9 9900K CPU Reviews
5. Re: Intel i9 9900K CPU Reviews Oct 19, 2018, 15:12 Bodolza

Looks like the i5-9600K is the current sweet spot.  

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 19, 2018, 15:03 Bodolza

Linthat22 wrote on Oct 19, 2018, 13:12:
So let me get this straight....first it was the Russians for botnets and now it's Saudi Arabia? Puh-lease!

Are you incapable of holding the thought in your head that more than one country is capable of running a botnet?

1. Bing Article Oct 17, 2018, 15:09 Bodolza

This should tell you all you need to know about the Bing article:

"Anecdotally, it feels less burdened with ads."

I though Wired hired actual journalists?

News Comments > Pit Blocks 3D Released
1. Re: Pit Blocks 3D Released Sep 28, 2018, 13:07 Bodolza

https://classicreload.com/blockout.html  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 21, 2018, 15:34 Bodolza

Beamer wrote on Sep 21, 2018, 13:31:
What real VR headset is that cheap and doesn't need a $500+ phone?

Lenovo Explorer. Same resolution as Oculus Rift and Vive and head-tracking is just as good. No IPD adjustment, but apparently the optics are better than Rift/Vive. It's another $70 if you also want tracked controllers.

link

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 21, 2018, 13:20 Bodolza

Do people not realize you can get a real VR headset for $100 today?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 20, 2018, 13:19 Bodolza

Simon Says wrote on Sep 20, 2018, 12:11:
*nods in approval* Thanks!

How ironic. A good part of the article is about people blindly taking the word of random people on the internet. Read the article yourself. Don't be part of the problem.

News Comments > EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers
12. Re: EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers Aug 28, 2018, 16:59 Bodolza

NKD wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 16:23:
Until people decide they no longer want the 2nd Amendment

People have already decided we don't need the 2nd Amendment. We're just arguing on the margins at this point. If you go with the interpretation that the 2nd Amendment applies to everyone, and not just Militia, then we already have massive restrictions on arms.

If people realize that the 2nd Amendment is already moot, there's a chance it could get repealed.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 24, 2018, 13:03 Bodolza

Seems like Daneel would be the "person" to follow, since he's around for the entire series.  

763 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo