Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Brian

Real Name Brian   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bodolza
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Overworked and Underpaid
Homepage http://
Signed On April 18, 2003
Supporter -
Total Comments 843 (Graduate)
User ID 16753

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > More About Playing Half-Life Alyx Without VR

6. Re: More About Playing Half-Life Alyx Without VR Mar 27, 2020, 13:57 Bodolza

I'd like to see someone pull off the catch-and-trap a headcrab trick here without tracked controllers.

https://youtu.be/Shw47ChNYYg?t=226

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Released

9. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Released Mar 23, 2020, 14:46 Bodolza

Why do you people keep propagating this lie?

The game will run on just about everything, including an Oculus Quest which is $399 retail. And if you have a PC, Samsung Odyssey Pluses have been on sale for under $250. The bigger issue right now is that all the headsets are out-of-stock.

News Comments > 2020 Game Developers Choice Awards Winners

1. Re: 2020 Game Developers Choice Awards Winners Mar 19, 2020, 12:45 Bodolza

How does the "Game of the Year" not win in any other category? It doesn't have the best design, or best art, or best story, but somehow is still better than everything else that came out?  

News Comments > GOG.com Freebie Roundup

5. Re: GOG.com Freebie Roundup Mar 18, 2020, 18:38 Bodolza

One of the Ultima games alone will last you until the vaccine is released next year.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 4, 2020, 14:59 Bodolza

Seeing as they didn't put it in the headline, the app in question is Clean Master.

News Comments > Morning Multiplex

1. Re: Morning Multiplex Feb 25, 2020, 13:04 Bodolza

The One Punch Man trailer did not disappoint.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

15. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 14, 2020, 13:18 Bodolza

Why is it silly? You said "nothing ever changes" based on who is in the White House. I gave you an example of how something has changed based on who is in the White House. Are you disagreeing with the basic fact that Trump has changed the budget for the CDC, or that the CDC has any effect on disease control?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 14, 2020, 13:10 Bodolza

And since this was California which still has the death penalty, the opportunity was there to execute him.  

13. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 14, 2020, 12:48 Bodolza

Prez wrote on Feb 14, 2020, 08:57:
Nothing ever changes regardless of who is in the White House

I could give you hundreds of examples of why this is wrong, but here's one to get you started. Every year since being in office Trump has been cutting the budget for the CDC. Because of Trump, the country is now worse equipped to deal with a large-scale virus outbreak. It's highly unlikely a democrat in the White House would have done that.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2020, 19:55 Bodolza

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 11, 2020, 17:23:
So, you think someone could approximately predict the creation date of music they don't know?

Absolutely. Along with certain musical styles, chord progressions, or instrumentation, there are some production techiniques that are closely tied to the technology of the time. For example, early digital reverbs had a certain low-fi quality. People still use digital reverbs today, but they're much higher quality. Synths went from analog to FM to sample-based and each has their own sound.

There are a bunch of other things that factor in as well. Individually each one might be enough, but taken together, someone that knows what to listen for can nail the time period of a record pretty well.

News Comments > etc., etc.

4. Re: etc., etc. Feb 11, 2020, 13:06 Bodolza

Reminds me of people critiquing the saber fights in the Star Wars prequels. Like there exists any expert in the world with experience not only wielding a sword that can hurt you if it merely brushes you, but also fighting as and against someone who can see the future and read minds.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance

4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 7, 2020, 14:15 Bodolza

"Trolling" seems like a light term to describe straight-up direct election interference. The FBI needs to get involved with this stuff ASAP.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2020, 13:21 Bodolza

Simon Says wrote on Feb 6, 2020, 13:08:
there was no PREACHING,

And let me stop you right here. Picard was preaching CONSTANTLY in TNG. "Measure of a Man", considered one of the best TNG episodes, is almost entirely preaching. He was also arguing AGAINST Starfleet in that episode.

News Comments > Dan Houser Leaving Rockstar Games

6. Re: Dan Houser Leaving Rockstar Games Feb 5, 2020, 19:10 Bodolza

I really enjoyed the writing in Bully as well. That game is underrated IMO.  

6. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Feb 5, 2020, 19:07 Bodolza

The show became too action-oriented towards the end. The Noir atmosphere and world-building is what made the earlier parts of the season work. Hopefully they learned that lesson for the second season.  

News Comments > Journey to the Savage Planet Review Roundup

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2020, 17:44 Bodolza

This mostly reminds me that I never did finish The Savage Empire. I probably still have the software around somewhere...

And now I just learned that it's free on GoG! https://www.gog.com/game/worlds_of_ultima_the_savage_empire

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2020, 17:42 Bodolza

I remember liking Heart of Darkness and Gulliver's Travels when I read them in High School. But everything else on the "worst" list that I read/tried to read were rough going.  

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 24, 2020, 13:53 Bodolza

Lots of fans may be unhappy with the quality of the product KK is producing, but with the exception of Solo, she's still bringing in bucket loads of money. All the whining in the world won't make a difference if the money is still flowing.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

17. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jan 9, 2020, 19:41 Bodolza

Drath71 wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 19:14:
If Obama had done it, the media and libs would be gushing over his bravery and how many lives he saved, and had every right.

Then you've got a short memory. Obama ordered plenty of drone strikes, and they were very controversial at the time from both sides. Of course, the same Repubs that attacked Obama's strikes are supporting Trump, but that's no surprise to anyone at this point. We all know they have no actual moral standards.

11. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2020, 15:51 Bodolza

Ozmodan wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 09:16:
The California fires can be directly attributed to the environmental lobby preventing PG&E from clearing the areas under their lines, yet that never ever gets mentioned

My guess is that it doesn't get mentioned by the press because it's total BS.

843 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >