Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian

Real Name Brian   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bodolza
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Overworked and Underpaid
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 18, 2003, 16:27
Total Comments 742 (Apprentice)
User ID 16753

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 15, 2018, 13:50 Bodolza

I'm all for banning Jones, but I found this kinda funny: "We consider abusive behavior an attempt to ... silence someone else’s voice.”  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2018, 13:17 Bodolza

I thought the point of having multiple engines was that you could still keep flying if you lost one of them.  

News Comments > Onward Free Weekend
2. Re: Onward Free Weekend Jul 20, 2018, 13:08 Bodolza

Movement is quite slow and very smooth. There's little chance of sickness in this one.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 20, 2018, 13:05 Bodolza

"Those familiar with the decisions have labelled the mass exodus of senior officials as "highly unusual""

Hmm, who should I believe? Random internet person or people close to the issue?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 13, 2018, 13:13 Bodolza

Makes sense. Hassling Obama supporters is probably a lot more fun for the Russian troll farms.  

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Jul 13, 2018, 12:54 Bodolza

I watched Covenant last week and found it aggressively mediocre. I, too, enjoyed Prometheus, even with it's flaws. Covenant repeats all those same flaws, throws on some extra cliches, and wraps it in an extremely predictable plot.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 12, 2018, 13:52 Bodolza

redundant comment removed  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 10, 2018, 15:02 Bodolza

Scheherazade wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 09:26:
Why would I care if someone has a shit opinion.

Because these bubbles will grow larger and larger, and eventually become political movements. Then you have no choice but to live under the rule of those opinions.

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 28, 2018, 14:07 Bodolza

Instagram has become incredibly popular. No arbitrary character limitations like twitter, and none of the complexity or security headaches of Facebook. Plus, the vast majority of users are using the app, so no ad-blockers. I imagine the ad revenue is pouring in.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Minimum Specs Raised
8. Re: Oculus Rift Minimum Specs Raised Jun 28, 2018, 13:58 Bodolza

Alien: Isolation, Skyrim, Fallout 4, Subnautica, Solus Project, Onward. Plus dozens of other high-quality smaller games. Considering you can pick up an Oculus or Odyssey for $400 (or less if you wait for a sale), there's really no reason for anyone that considers themselves a gamer not to have a VR headset.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2018, 14:34 Bodolza

I don't see how the cat was bullying anyone. It was minding its own business until the sheep started pestering it. Most likely it was only there in the first place because that's where the human was, and a lot of cats like hanging out with the humans.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2018, 14:19 Bodolza

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 12:27:
Octopussy?

Octopussy wasn't the main villain of the movie. There have been loads of female Bond villians, but Marceau has been the only female main villain.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jun 1, 2018, 13:35 Bodolza

Not to take anything way from the nice choreography, but why is anyone assuming the spear is real? Rubber tipped weapons are extremely common.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond – Chapter Two This Month
5. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond – Chapter Two This Month Jun 1, 2018, 13:32 Bodolza

If they'd just add the option to fast-travel to stations, it would eliminate a huge chuck of the boring grind. Take a lesson from TES.  

15. Re: Morning Metaverse May 22, 2018, 16:50 Bodolza

Icewind wrote on May 22, 2018, 16:22:
It's also allowed you to have a hepatitis epidemic in San Francisco due to people defecating on the streets,
The hepatitis outbreak has also affected states like Arizona and Utah. Are you going to claim they're far left, too?

a homelessness epidemic
Yes, we could be doing better here

and a high unemployment rate.
But this is just wrong. California is right around the middle of the pack for unemployment rate.

People are fleeing California in record numbers
I wish this were true. Traffic around here does suck with all the influx of people that have come into the state over the past few years. Where are you getting that the population is shrinking? I've only seen stats that migration is still net positive.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/12/21/california-population-nears-40-million/

12. Re: Morning Metaverse May 22, 2018, 15:17 Bodolza

wtf_man wrote on May 22, 2018, 13:33:
Uh... California in general, is definitely far left, and mostly out of touch with the rest of the country.

Thank goodness. It's allowed us to have the 5th largest economy in the world, while still having clean air, clean water, public parks, lots of high-paying jobs, diverse communities, sane zoning laws, a rainy-day fund, and good beer.

The rest of the country should be thankful, too, since California is a donor state.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
19. Re: Evening Mobilization May 22, 2018, 14:44 Bodolza

I think it's safe to say this is all about the money. My guess is that the Obama/Letterman interview had huge ratings, so this is the next logical step for Netflix.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2018, 14:13 Bodolza

I assume we're excluding computer games, cause Half Life did that pretty famously back in '98.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2018, 16:18 Bodolza

Scheherazade wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 15:27:
100% voluntary action in every regard by every party.

The sender voluntarily sent nudes. The receiver voluntarily posted them online.

By that logic, if you tell me where you live and I come over to your house and shoot you in the head, then you volunteered to get shot.

News Comments > Get Amnesia Collection Free on Steam
8. Re: Get Amnesia Collection Free on Steam Mar 9, 2018, 13:16 Bodolza

Is this already over? Steam wants to charge me $34.99 for it.  

742 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo