Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian

Real Name Brian   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bodolza
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Overworked and Underpaid
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 18, 2003, 16:27
Total Comments 653 (Apprentice)
User ID 16753

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2016, 13:34 Bodolza

I started watching Oliver Stone's Untold History of the US on Netflix recently. Besides being relentlessly depressing, one of the things they postulated is that if the Japanese and Germans had actually coordinated in any significant way, they could have crushed Russia by attacking on two fronts. Interesting how the Nazi's racism both drove their rise, but eventually caused their downfall.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2016, 14:01 Bodolza

What is up with that South Park article? It was just word salad -- like someone ran it through Google Translate twice. I wonder if someone is testing out a news bot.  

32. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2016, 20:14 Bodolza

Cutter wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 14:56:
BTW for all you VR cats, how important are the HDMI slots?

For me, not very. Vive happily runs off of DisplayPort or HDMI. I'm using an MSI 1070 right now. The lone HDMI port is driving the 4K monitor, and the Vive is plugged into DisplayPort. No problems here.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 23, 2016, 12:35 Bodolza

Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 11:43:
As always there's never been any shortage of skilled workers, just greedy employers who don't want to pay people decently for their work.

You don't know what you're talking about. As someone who's done some hiring in the tech industry, I can absolutely tell you there is a shortage of skilled workers. I've spent months interviewing people from all over the country for some positions. Or do you think $150K/year salary isn't decent pay?

The real problem is the abuse of the H-1B visa program by companies taking advantage of poor oversight and enforcement.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
27. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2016, 15:28 Bodolza

Quboid wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 15:11:
The DNC leaks are a separate issue to Clinton's private email server -

That's true, and I didn't read every single article in the search results, but just looking at the first page of results, about half of the articles are specifically about the leaked e-mails. Assuming that holds for the rest of the search results, that's still around 500 articles.

23. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2016, 14:52 Bodolza

WaltC wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 14:30:
The suit (launched at NY taxpayer's expense, of course) failed to affect the outcome of the election and so the NY AG is settling as he i never had a suit he could win in the first place
What is this? Some copy/paste from a pro-Trump talking point website? It's like a robot wrote this.

Trump settled for $25 million dollars. If it's true that the AG wouldn't win, why would Trump settle?

Notice that the state of NY has signified in writing that Trump broke no laws and committed no wrongdoing--it's in the agreement, of course! The whole thing was a fraud from day 1.

You are apparently clueless on how settlements work. Please go inform yourself on how legal settlements work before posting more uninformed drivel.

22. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2016, 14:45 Bodolza

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 13:24:
You mean they didn't. Sorry, the media didn't dig into the DNC leaks.

There have been over 1000 articles about the DNC emails on the NY Times alone in the past year.

http://query.nytimes.com/search/sitesearch/?action=click&contentCollection=Politics& region=TopBar&WT.nav=searchWidget&module=SearchSubmit&pgtype=article#/clinton+emails/365days/

That's just a single newspaper. So, as I said, you are either woefully misinformed, or a liar. Which is it?

12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2016, 13:22 Bodolza

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 13:07:
Something that the media didn't cover.
Yes they did. You haven't been paying attention.

The very first scandal about "selling access"
This is not the first. It's been happening for about 200 years. You are either grossly misinformed or a liar.

Several of whom are still in the clinton foundation, work in the DNC, and so on.
The "so on" includes members of both parties, and the current President Elect who has actually bragged about doing it.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: RBDOOM-3-BFG version 1.1.0 Nov 21, 2016, 13:11 Bodolza

Doom 3 works surprisingly well in VR. I think the slower pace of the gameplay really helps. It's also the first game I've played both with and without VR, and I'm surprised at how easy it is to aim in VR. Being able to aim and look in two different directions makes such a huge difference.

It's funny that the first quality AAA title we have wasn't even designed for VR.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 21, 2016, 13:03 Bodolza

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 16:38:
Only one game went for broke on being an actual adventure, and it's made by one guy.

Have you tried The Solus Project, yet? It's a full length adventure/survival game and far more complete an experience than Vanishing Realms. There's also Alice VR, which is more of a traditional adventure game.

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie for Vive Released
8. Re: EVE: Valkyrie for Vive Released Nov 18, 2016, 13:20 Bodolza

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 00:06:
It's neat, but it's not the picture-perfect thing you may believe it's gonna be.

You've got some high standards there. It's the entire Earth. Are you really expecting high-resolution 3D imagery to be available and instantly loaded?

I've spent several hours flying around, and I'm pretty impressed with what they've done. From a few hundred feet up, things look pretty great. Interestingly, non-cities fare better close up. It certainly gives you a relative sense of scale like nothing else.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 16, 2016, 15:22 Bodolza

My take-away from that article is never buy Western Digital. The rest seem about on-par with each other.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
15. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2016, 18:45 Bodolza

raz-0 wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 15:21:
You mean during the last republican administration where tons of people said a whole bunch of things and nothing bad happened to them for it?
You don't have a very good memory. Does Valerie Plame ring a bell?

Much like the Current administration who did nothing.. Oh wait.. who sent the IRS after people who disagreed with him and his party.
Which were never directly associated with the administration, and widely denounced by liberals at the time. Meanwhile, the Plame leak was tied directly to the White House.

And the Morality police? Are these any more numerous or rabid than the social justice warriors?
Yes, and they have more power. SJW can dox you or shame you on twitter. The Morality police actually have real police behind them that will throw you in jail. 'Member John Ashcroft?

Hillary has respect for the constitution? The DNC does? We'll crank the censorship time machine dial back, and look at Good old Al and Tipper Gore.
So you had to back 30 years to something she didn't actually do for an example? That's pretty weak argument.

Like or hate the 2nd amendment, there are rules and laws, and that is NOT how it is supposed to work.
You don't actually support the 2nd amendment, so stop pretending like you do. Almost no one in this country supports the 2nd amendment as written. Last polling information I saw, 90%+ of Americans are for some gun control laws. The only disagreement is over the degree of control.

Trump, on the other hand, during this election cycle has directly attacked the first, fourth, and eight amendments.

The problems of an increasingly militarized police state administered by an executive branch that has been radically expanding it's powers over the last 30 years is party independent. Who wins just shifts the demographics of who is in peril a bit.

This I can agree with, except we've never nominated such a thin-skinned, authoritarian like Trump before, which makes his control of that military all the more concerning.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2016, 13:04 Bodolza

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 11:33:
Why is everyone pretending this is somehow worse under Trump than it would have been under Clinton? Am I missing something?

Because we listened to what Trump said, and we remember what it was like during the last Republican administration. The Repubs are in charge again, which means the moral police will be out in force. Trump has repeatedly said he's very pro "Law and Order". Combine that with legislation that will be out to ban anything on the internet the Repubs don't like, and you're looking at a big crack-down on internet freedom. The Patriot Act was passed under the last Republican administration. Obama has been slowly dismantling it piece-by-piece, but I expect it to come back even harder now.

We've also seen how vindictive Trump is, and with no respect for the Constitution. I'd expect his administration to go after anyone who slights them with all the power they have, including your internet history.

89. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 20:25 Bodolza

Creston wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 20:10:
- In the three years of Obamacare, my premium went from 280 to 300 to 400 to 720 (what it would be next year if I kept it..

You have no evidence that your premiums wouldn't have gone up just as much if Obamacare didn't pass. They might have gone up even higher. If you're low income, then your premiums are probably lower with subsidies than they were before.

I honestly hope you don't have a pre-existing condition, because if you do, once Obamacare is repealed, you're fucked.

Millions of Americans are going to lose their healthcare in a couple months. People are going to die unnecessarily because of what happened last night, and that makes me really sad.

74. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 17:57 Bodolza

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 17:28:
DNC let everyone down by simply picking Hillary because it was 'her turn'

The DNC didn't "pick" anybody. That's revising history. The leaked e-mails didn't show any mass conspiracy. In fact, there were e-mails both for and against Hilary.

The Democrat voters picked Hilary, and by a wide margin. Bernie only won in caucus states -- the ones most liable to party influence. In states that had a straight vote, Bernie got trounced.

Democratic voters only have themselves to blame. First they picked Hilary in the primaries, then they didn't bother to show up in the general. If as many Democrats turned up to vote as they did in the last presidential election, Trump would have been destroyed. Stop trying to blame the "party leaders" for your own choices.

82. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 03:22 Bodolza

A kind message to our non-US friends - Trump won the popular election by (currently) 0.6%, so when you call Americans a bunch of idiots for making the orange dirt-bag the most powerful man in the world, just remember, you're only half right.  

News Comments > Win10 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Refund Over Player Counts?
22. Re: Win10 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Refund Over Player Counts? Nov 8, 2016, 16:13 Bodolza

After running Win10 on my main machine for over a year, I finally got annoyed enough to reinstall Win7 yesterday, and I sure don't regret it. First, it's nice to have a regular start menu back, without all the huge tiles cluttering up things.

More importantly, I had forgotten how much better Windows 7 looks than 10. It feels like I just moved forward a decade in graphics. For something I'm staring at 10 hours a day, that makes a big difference.

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: Into the Black Nov 2, 2016, 12:49 Bodolza

No reason you can't use more than one. All-clad pans have superior heat distribution, are lighter, and I don't have to worry about rust, so I use them for 80% of my cooking. I use a good non-stick pan for really sticky foods, like eggs. Then I use the cast-iron for when I want to make cornbread, dutch baby, or just want to sear the hell out of something.  

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider Title Leak?
4. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Title Leak? Nov 1, 2016, 14:37 Bodolza

Apparently continuing their tradition of stealing titles from Batman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Shadow_of_the_Bat

653 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo