Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Veinman

Real Name Veinman   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Veinman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Mar 31, 2003, 18:20
Total Comments 746 (Apprentice)
User ID 16624

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Quake Champions Will Be Free-to-Play
17. Re: Quake Champions Will Be Free-to-Play Mar 11, 2017, 11:34 Veinman

I don't think the rental concept sounds good, but I would be very surprised if you couldn't permanently unlock characters for more currency. Although it will likely be an insane amount, like it is for Rainbow Six: Siege. That said, it's nice to know that I can try the game for free. I expect I will like it and buy it... I have been a Quake fan ever since there was a Quake, and despite the gaming landscape having changed a great deal, these people are not stupid. Yes, there will be modern nonsense in there, but I am hopeful that there will be modes that appeal to the traditionalists out there as well.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quake Champions Beta Signups
11. Re: Quake Champions Beta Signups Mar 7, 2017, 23:32 Veinman

I'm looking forward to it. I'm not thrilled about the whole "hero" concept, but as long as I can play plain old Quake dude, I'll be happy.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records
4. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records Mar 1, 2017, 23:22 Veinman

Nah, if you want that, play Arma. I played the Ghost Recon Wildlands beta. It was fun, buggy, and I have to say, way too hard. Enemies spawning all over the place....

Also, whomever wrote the dialog... don't let that person write anything else.

News Comments > Sniper Elite 4 Released
3. Re: Sniper Elite 4 Released Feb 14, 2017, 10:06 Veinman

It unlocked for me last night on Steam. I played the first mission on Hard, which took me just under 2 hours. I loved it, but I was a huge fan of the last game. You are basically a nazi-killing Sam Fisher, in huge environments full of ways to cause chaos.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend
6. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Jan 31, 2017, 00:14 Veinman

It's a cool game. Is it the best R6 game? Not even close, but it's still a good game in its own right. Hopefully they make a cooperative campaign with this tech.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Announcement Tomorrow
4. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Announcement Tomorrow Jan 31, 2017, 00:11 Veinman

I bought this over the Christmas break, and I enjoy it. It's not Skyrim, but it definitely feels like Elder Scrolls. And there is a ton of content.  

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Colony Remake Plans
18. Re: Titanfall 2 Colony Remake Plans Jan 29, 2017, 12:31 Veinman

VaranDragon wrote on Jan 29, 2017, 04:13:
Everyone is talking about the SP. Anyone willing to expand on the multiplayer though? Does it have dedicated servers? If so what kind are they? (Player admined or not) What type of gameplay types? How is the skill level of the game? Is it more of a traditional type of game, with weapon pickups or is it loadout based? Most importantly does it have "legs"?

Dedicated servers, yes. You build loadouts in advance, both for your pilot and for your titan. No pickups of any kind. It has legs for months, since you can upgrade to level 50, then regenerate 10 times. Regenerating only gets you cosmetic upgrades but it's there if you want it.

You'll run into all sorts of skill levels, but many players are quite good. My guess is unless you are a wizard, you'll be challenged. Team DM is popular, and a variant on it where you have to deposit money earned from kills. There are control point maps, and a few other modes that most people don't play. One cool one that I wish got more love is "Last Titan Standing", in which everyone starts in a titan and from there it's like the title says.

Matches are short, so you can play a little or a lot, which I like. As for how a match goes, everyone starts out as a pilot. As you get kills, or just as time passes, a meter builds that will earn you your titan. You get into it and stomp around, laying waste. You get blown up, the cycle repeats. It's great. This game is not to be missed if you like FPS, and it's the closest you'll get to Shogo in this day and age.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Colony Remake Plans
8. Re: Titanfall 2 Colony Remake Plans Jan 28, 2017, 20:32 Veinman

This game is not dead on PC. I played several matches today and never had a problem finding opponents. Granted, I play Attrition which is by far the most popular mode.

SP was great, and I'm glad it didn't have any bloat to it. I prefer a sweet 6 hours to an okay 13 hours.

News Comments > Might & Magic Showdown Early Access
4. Re: Might & Magic Showdown Early Access Jan 20, 2017, 09:26 Veinman

You can download the paint studio for free. I just messed around with it; it's pretty cool but really needs an air brush tool and the ability to do gradients. The layer system is great.  

News Comments > Sniper Elite 4 Hitler Preorder Bonus
2. Re: Sniper Elite 4 Hitler Preorder Bonus Dec 13, 2016, 13:09 Veinman

I may actually buy this one at full price. Sniper Elite 3 was a total surprise and thrilled me to no end.  

News Comments > No Full Clip Edition Upgrades for Bulletstorm Owners
6. Re: No Full Clip Edition Upgrades for Bulletstorm Owners Dec 5, 2016, 22:49 Veinman

I bought the old one years ago in a sale. It has literally never run for me even once. I haven't bothered to return it, since I was hoping it would eventually start to work. Not yet...  

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free DLC Next Week
10. Re: Titanfall 2 Free DLC Next Week Nov 23, 2016, 08:03 Veinman

In the USA, if I'm playing the popular game modes, I can get in a match pretty effortlessly. If you want an unpopular game mode... well you can probably forget it.

The game is fantastic, and yes the single player is really great. Scoring this game on sale is a real bargain.

News Comments > THQ Nordic Acquires NovaLogic Franchises
2. Re: THQ Nordic Acquires NovaLogic Franchises Oct 31, 2016, 11:13 Veinman

New Joint Ops, please!  

News Comments > Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Closed Beta Signups
8. Re: Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Closed Beta Signups Feb 4, 2016, 23:26 Veinman

I absolutely loved the first game and am really looking forward to this one.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Update
3. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Update Feb 2, 2016, 23:20 Veinman

Not correct. I believe the count is now at least 11.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 24, 2013, 09:30 Veinman

Did anyone else's spyware detection go off with this link?  

News Comments > Half-Life 3 A Shooter; Not Due Next Year: Shocking Report
16. Re: Half-Life 3 A Shooter; Not Due Next Year: Shocking Report Sep 20, 2012, 12:39 Veinman

I hear the next Pac-Man has dots that you eat.  

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Sep 4, 2012, 23:37 Veinman

Wow, and I thought I was getting a good deal on the BL2 Steam pre-order for $54. Now I feel like a sucker.  

News Comments > Warren Spector Lifetime Achievement Award
3. Re: Warren Spector Lifetime Achievement Award Feb 3, 2012, 11:33 Veinman

Deus Ex is definitely in my top 5 PC games of all time. Perhaps number 3, behind Fallout 2 and Arcanum.  

News Comments > Just Cause Film Moves Forward, Third Game Coming
9. Re: Just Cause Film Moves Forward, Third Game Coming Dec 14, 2011, 15:01 Veinman

Razumen wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 14:35:
If I remember correctly you can, it's just slow and meant for fine tuning your aim, airplanes just can't do fast flat turns and it would be stupid if they allowed them to in the game.

You're right, they were clearly aiming for a high level of realism in the game where you have an unlimited instantly deployable parachute.

746 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo