Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1729 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PUBG Bans a Nation's Worth of Cheaters
8. Re: PUBG Bans a Nation's Worth of Cheaters Oct 2, 2018, 21:58 Xero

13 million? Really. That's a sad amount of players that need to get the upper advantage. Goes to show kids these days will take whatever shortcuts in life than actually GETTING GOOD AT IT.

Lame.

Primarily playing ATM: Shadow of Tomb Raider, FarCry 5, Warhammer 2, Shadow Warrior 2.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties
35. Re: The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties Oct 2, 2018, 17:58 Xero

christheshitter wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 16:34:
Really i can't believe everyone is so down on the Witcher games. The Witcher games are the most overrated games in history.

They are assboring!

It's sad that you kids don't know good games from bad games.

I would LOVE for a list that you can provide that tops Witcher 3. Give me at least a top 10. I'm talking credible mentions and not just, Oh yeah I had fun with this game so let me throw it out there.

We can know what kind of gamer mind you got with the list you can provide.

Thanks.

Primarily playing ATM: Shadow of Tomb Raider, FarCry 5, Warhammer 2, Shadow Warrior 2.

News Comments > The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties
18. Re: The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties Oct 2, 2018, 12:57 Xero

My co-worker who read the majority of the Witcher novels says that Geralt was more so boring in the books than he was in the game.

Honestly, CDPR probably did more for Geralt's personality than the books ever did but I wouldn't know for sure. What I do know is that this dude should be a little more grateful that CDPR did his character and the world justice.

So many would have never heard of his books if it wasn't for the games (me included), and I don't think he should be acting like a doosh about it when he IS reaping the rewards from the exposure CDPR has had on his creation.

News Comments > How to Hitman in HITMAN 2
1. Re: How to Hitman in HITMAN 2 Oct 2, 2018, 10:59 Xero

It's been awhile since I've played HITMAN. I still remember pre-ordering the original and having a lot of fun with it. My attention to the series then waned shortly after Hitman 2 released and then the follow-ups.

I did pick up Hitman Absolution and thought the environments were nicely detailed however I could not get back into that style of game again. Maybe this one will bring me back into the series. I just might give it a go.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 2, 2018, 10:08 Xero

ItBurn wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 01:56:
PC or nothing. No, I don't want to encourage this practice and buy a shitty console and have a sub-par experience. I'll just play my infinite list of good PC games I already have to play. If you like consoles, ok, but I don't.

Honestly, this. I've skipped out on plenty of games that are console exclusive because there is no way I will purchase an entire console for "1" game. The actual fact that there are people that do is mind blowing.

I rather skip out on the title and "wait" if it does eventually come out on PC and have all the enhancements and DLCs included than buy it for a console experience.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Odyssey Reviews
20. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Reviews Oct 2, 2018, 10:02 Xero

I've picked up a few older AC titles and I've always tried to get into them but never could. I don't know why. Perhaps I should give this one a go? I do like the time period. Then again I also thought I would like AC Origins and got bored rather quickly.

Uuugggh, I wish these games were a bit more like something else. Not sure what though.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Oct 1, 2018, 14:36 Xero

The SIMS is back for world sales charts domination!

YUCK!

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
24. Re: Sunday Mobilization Oct 1, 2018, 09:12 Xero

Cars driven by AI sounds dreadful coming from a gear head. I mean, I understand it for people that hate driving or suck at it, but how can you want to leave your freedom to the Ai? Having a car gives you more freedom in life to get where you want to go whenever you please, however you please. I don't want Ai to determine how it gets me there.

Don't get me wrong, I love technology that helps us with what we already have and to improve that, but to take away a feeling of freedom to me and giving that to the Ai is hard to swallow.

I also agree with the idea that the Ai can never be smart enough to deal with real world situations where judgement is required in a fraction of a second.

There are so many situations you encounter on the road out of random, whether a powerline just went down and now you are being detoured around it off a dirt path, or something else. A police officer is telling you when to go cross an intersection despite the traffic lights still working because of something else going on. I mean, how can the Ai understand all this?

News Comments > BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Ticket Includes Blizzcon WoW Classic Demo
11. Re: BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Ticket Includes Blizzcon WoW Classic Demo Sep 27, 2018, 16:32 Xero

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 27, 2018, 15:55:
I don't see how it could possibly be fun or interesting. I loved it at the time, but most of the love was learning everything and the newness of it. Neither of those will be available in a re-release.

I can't deny, I had some great memories from classic WoW. It was the only MMO I ever payed for and had a blast with it. Never kept going past level 60 and moving on to the Burning Crusade.

News Comments > Tech Support: Error Unknown Announced
5. Re: Tech Support: Error Unknown Announced Sep 27, 2018, 14:48 Xero

Let me leave my job as a software support technician to go home and PLAY my job as a software support technician, rofl. NO WAY!  

4. Re: BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Ticket Includes Blizzcon WoW Classic Demo Sep 27, 2018, 14:12 Xero

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 27, 2018, 12:59:
I'm guessing a demo for the soon to be released of "Vanilla" version or as they are apparently calling it, Classic WoW -- ie.. WoW before all the expansions.

That's hilarious since the last time I played WoW was during vanilla. I still own the original collector's edition of WoW but never went beyond that. So to me it would be just like I remembered

2. Re: BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Ticket Includes Blizzcon WoW Classic Demo Sep 27, 2018, 12:24 Xero

Can someone explain what the heck is a WoW classic demo?  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 25, 2018, 20:12 Xero

Rofl. Xbox one, officially a poor (child's)man's PC.  

News Comments > THQ Nordic Acquires Alone in the Dark & Act of War
1. Re: THQ Nordic Acquires Alone in the Dark & Act of War Sep 19, 2018, 22:30 Xero

Can some company for the love of jeebuz acquire the rights for "Nocturne"? Was I the only one that lived when that game came out and blew me the f**k away? Who the hell else knows what I'm talking about. I never hear anyone mention of it. It was pure badass for it's time. I'd even love to buy it now with proper Win10 support.  

News Comments > Dead by Daylight Expansion and Free Week
1. Re: Dead by Daylight Expansion and Free Week Sep 19, 2018, 09:18 Xero

Is this game still any good?

I thought the whole, hide and seek thing got old quickly however this one still keeps on going.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 18, 2018, 08:23 Xero

Avoid Kentucky Route Zero at all costs!

I bought the damn thing and it has a broken game bug within the first 5-10 minutes of starting it.

Just read comments/reviews and you will see and apparently the developers did nothing to correct it. There doesn't appear to be a pattern as to why it occurs but I could never advance because of it. I unfortunately was also out of the refund range by the time I played it.

News Comments > Wolfenstein III Confirmed
1. Re: Wolfenstein III Confirmed Sep 13, 2018, 21:44 Xero

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

News Comments > Vortx Environmental Simulator
2. Re: Vortx Environmental Simulator Sep 13, 2018, 21:43 Xero

Must be 04/01/18. Oh wait, no, we passed that. WTF!!!!!!!!  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free
2. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 12, 2018, 11:39 Xero

Bah, I think Battlefield 3 was much better than 4. 4 was like a rehash of it.

I honestly hate EA's schemes. They make you pay through your teeth for all kinds of membership/platinum deals when their games drop and then the game is 1 title away from their newest they begin to give away some of the paid DLCs for free. Then when the game is 2 titles away from their latest it becomes free. It's all a marketing scheme I tell ya!

You can say, oh but it's free! Nah, EA has other ideas up their sleeves on why they are giving away it free. Then 4 titles in deep from the latest and they will shut off the servers.

I don't buy EA's generosity or their "on the house" which was mostly absolutely shieet titles.

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider Reviews
23. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Reviews Sep 11, 2018, 10:21 Xero

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 02:12:
This was never a good franchise, it claim to fame was one of the first 3dfx games way back with big ass boobs, the rest is trying to milk a brand that is bleh.

Honestly, it was fun for it's time on the PS1 when Playstation needed it's own 3D adventure mascot where N64 had Mario 64. It catered more the mature audience with boobs and guns. Looking at it now you would write it off as garbage but back then, there wasn't much else going on to compare it with and it stood well on it's own.

Nowadays, you can deflate her boobs and make her a real protagonist with her own adventure and it holds up well with what they did. It's a female version of Uncharted and does it's own things well. Just dismissing it because of it's very old roots isn't all that fair because it is a solid rebooted franchise in it's own right and paved the way for many to follow.

1729 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo