Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1533 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Alan Wake Free Bonus Materials
11. Re: Alan Wake Free Bonus Materials Dec 29, 2013, 23:05 Xero

Beelzebud wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 15:13:
I got Alan Wake and all related content for $1.00 on a Humble Weekly Sale, months ago. Overall I really enjoyed the game.

The atmosphere, and mood of the game world is very well done. It's an odd mix of X-Files, Twin Peaks, and Twilight Zone. The only thing that keeps me from really raving about the game is that the combat gets extremely repetitive.

It was a strange experience, because I was so hooked on the story and the atmosphere, that I forced myself to finish it even though I wasn't enjoying the combat. I almost wished I had just put it on the super easy mode to just basically watch it.

I have not tried American Nightmare, but if I do, I might just play it like that.

I know that situation. I was enjoying the story as well but the combat kind of got in the way, lol.

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Counter Strike Go, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Unannounced Blizzard Game Revealed
36. Re: Unannounced Blizzard Game Revealed Dec 10, 2013, 19:38 Xero

BitWraith wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 12:57:
Xero wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 12:17:
Blizzard is riding on technically 3 stale franchises and still thinks they are king. I haven't been impressed by anything since Warcraft 3 that they put out but that's just me. Diablo 2 was their last awesome ARPG. Warcraft 3 was their last awesome RTS IMO, and Starcraft 1 was their last awesome Starcraft. At this point, I don't know what they have left. Blizzard has gone 100% full corporate. Money first, fans second.

I got nothin against StarCraft 2. I thought that was a quality game.

I enjoy StarCraft 2 but it's far from anything ground breaking. A remake of StarCraft 1 or a reimagining with fancy graphics. Nothing against it but it's far from their best effort of the past.

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Counter Strike Go, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor

News Comments > Unannounced Blizzard Game Revealed
19. Re: Unannounced Blizzard Game Revealed Dec 10, 2013, 12:17 Xero

Blizzard is riding on technically 3 stale franchises and still thinks they are king. I haven't been impressed by anything since Warcraft 3 that they put out but that's just me. Diablo 2 was their last awesome ARPG. Warcraft 3 was their last awesome RTS IMO, and Starcraft 1 was their last awesome Starcraft. At this point, I don't know what they have left. Blizzard has gone 100% full corporate. Money first, fans second.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $34 Million
31. Re: Star Citizen Hits $35 Million Dec 8, 2013, 23:30 Xero

Your telling me, between each 3-5 million increase they get in funds, they are adding all these new features that some could take months and months to develop. Yet as the money keeps rolling in, so do these apparent features additional content? Let's see, how many employees work at the company? What are their average salaries? I'm sure they got enough money to fund an entire company at this point to start a whole new venture outside of gaming, lol.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VIII
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VIII Dec 6, 2013, 08:52 Xero

I got FF7 on Steam when it came out and enjoy it so I might as well get this one too. I still own the actual original disc copies of FF7 and FF8 from back in day. FF7 with the funny shaped Eidos box and FF8 with the shimmering, glistening box, lol.  

News Comments > War of the Vikings Free Weekend
1. Re: War of the Vikings Free Weekend Dec 5, 2013, 13:51 Xero

Looks like another Chivalry/war of the roses in 3rd person, *yawn*.  

News Comments > Vector Jumps Onto Steam
1. Re: Vector Jumps Onto Steam Dec 5, 2013, 10:38 Xero

Haha, wow, I forgot all about this. Used to rock it on my phone. The video makes it look a lot better than it really was. The jumping and landing was a biatch that wasn't fully responsive when you needed to be precise and you had to unlock moves which in the end really are just for looks/animation and serve nothing more than that.
My experience with the game was rather stressful than fun after the first couple of missions, lol.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Trailer
10. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Trailer Dec 4, 2013, 13:56 Xero

Cutter wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:04:
Xero wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 12:12:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 11:55:
MajorD wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 11:49:
Impressive!

It sure is but I wonder how much of this tech can the consoles run, because if they can not run it, we won't see them on the PC either.

You sure are incorrect. Just because the console can't run it doesn't mean our beastly machines can't. I'm sure we'll get games with full support for all the bells and whistles using the Unreal engine 4 even if they are disabled for the consoles and their puny hardware, lol.

You're stoned if you actually believe that. How long have we been waiting on new engines, 64 bit gaming, etc.? Right, until the new consoles. Oh sure there'll be a few devs who pump up the jam but the vast majority won't spend a dime more on a port than need be.

I didn't say all the developers would be but the majority I think that will be developing games that are PC and console using THIS engine will allow you to run the games at a higher level than on that of the consoles just as unreal engine 3 has been for us PC gamers... I'm not specifically talking about 64bit.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Trailer
4. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Trailer Dec 4, 2013, 12:12 Xero

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 11:55:
MajorD wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 11:49:
Impressive!

It sure is but I wonder how much of this tech can the consoles run, because if they can not run it, we won't see them on the PC either.

You sure are incorrect. Just because the console can't run it doesn't mean our beastly machines can't. I'm sure we'll get games with full support for all the bells and whistles using the Unreal engine 4 even if they are disabled for the consoles and their puny hardware, lol.

News Comments > Desert Strike TMed
1. Re: Desert Strike TMed Dec 3, 2013, 11:15 Xero

I remember Jungle Strike and Urban Strike for the Sega Genesis and Game Gear systems back in the day. Flying around a chopper in an isometric view while trying to line up your bullets to take down towers and tanks and what not. Good fun for it's time even when it was a biatch to control the chopper's movements, lol.  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
54. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 28, 2013, 07:38 Xero

I'm waiting out for maybe Skyrim once it hits Flash Sale level. Remember to wait for that. I'm sure it'll drop down another 10% making it practically 3 shells. Lol.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million
94. Re: Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million Nov 27, 2013, 09:12 Xero

In reality, 1 million is being spent on the cost of the game. 30 million is going to each person on the development team, lol. Did you realize how almost every sentence ended with an exclamation point? That should more like be an, LoL at the end. They are laughing all the way to the bank.  

News Comments > RAGE Free Weekend
6. Re: RAGE Free Weekend Nov 21, 2013, 21:44 Xero

I've always been tempted to buy this game but never could pull the trigger. I think now going for 4.99 and the little DLC at 1.xx, I'm going for it. Id always made decent shooters if anything, and I think 5 clams is worth the fun you could get out of this one  

News Comments > Thief Dropping QTEs
4. Re: Thief Dropping QTEs Nov 15, 2013, 10:02 Xero

Yeah, we all know how radical changes can affect a game. Diablo 3 is prime example. Radical changes all the way until release with mostly features upon features promised in the beginning getting hacked away until we were left with, MEH.  

News Comments > Warcraft and Warcraft II Coming to Modern PCs "In Some Form or Fashion"
23. No subject Nov 11, 2013, 16:39 Xero

I imagine they might remaster them using some sort of SC2 engine tweaks or they are testing a future Warcraft 4 RTS game with maybe a new engine that they'll just convert WC1 or WC2 into? Hey, wishful thinking, but yeah, the good days of Blizzard are long behind.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $24M; New Video
50. Re: Star Citizen Hits $24M; New Video Oct 23, 2013, 15:59 Xero

Are they being funded for a Hollywood Sci-fi movie or a video game? This is crazy. In the end, I bet it won't even live up to expectations. Someone has to put an end to these fund raising kick-starters when they get more than enough funds to get the job done. At this point, they are just sucking in any potential funds from the weak minded.  

News Comments > Devolver's Blood Hint
10. Re: Devolver's Blood Hint Oct 23, 2013, 13:35 Xero

While were on these oldie goodies, anyone remember, SiN? I still own it on disc format.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins 17 Minute Trailer
8. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins 17 Minute Trailer Oct 21, 2013, 16:51 Xero

I had some a$$hat who can't afford sh!t jack my paypal account to preorder this with an Ebay online code. I wish I could buy him a retail copy and shove it up his a$$ for being a tool. Just hope Ebay and fraud investigators drop the hammer on him.

Aside from that, this game looks ok. Think I'm tired of this already.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers?
17. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 12:28 Xero

If Rockstar wants another few millions, they should do right, do smart, and release the damn thing on PC. If it makes dollars, it makes sense, and well...it makes sense on PC!  

News Comments > Anachronox on Steam
8. Re: Anachronox on Steam Oct 18, 2013, 09:36 Xero

Holy memory lane! I forgot all about this title, literally! Brings back memories back in the day on this one. Good ole ION Storm days.  

1533 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo