Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1612 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Resident Evil HD Specs
12. Re: Resident Evil HD Specs Jan 12, 2015, 07:53 Xero

Yeah, that's part of the reason we loved and hated RE at the same time. The tank controls were a pain in the ass when you had to get out of a tight spot in a jiffy. Then when you finally turned yourself around and bolted, the camera would shift to kick your a$$ further, lol  

Currently playing: Counter Strike Go, The Witcher 3, Shadow Tactics
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Resident Evil HD Specs Jan 11, 2015, 14:27 Xero

I've played all the RE's that were on PC just fine with the tank controls early 2000s but that's when we had to make sacrifice to enjoy our titles. Tank controls are so barbaric these days. I'll still take pointing and moving in the direction that I press, even if that means the camera is going to screw with me 90% of the time.  

2. Re: Resident Evil HD Specs Jan 11, 2015, 11:12 Xero

I was going to ask about the controls. Will they be officially updated or are they going to remain tank controls. I honestly do not need any tank controls in my life.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Evolve
21. Re: Gone Gold - Evolve Jan 8, 2015, 22:48 Xero

I honestly was looking at a Giants Citizen Kabuto type of game when this was first announced. It seemed to not really become that after all.

Who the hell wouldn't want another Giants Citizen Kabuto? Heck, even a remastered edition would be great as the game was loads of fun and multi had plenty of great moments despite the bugs

News Comments > Mafia III News Soon?
9. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 7, 2015, 23:18 Xero

I don't think Mafia's competition is GTA5 just because it's in a sandbox world. There are plenty of sandbox games but they don't have to compete with each other unless they try.

Mafia was in a different time setting completely which to me, immediately removes GTA comparisons just as The Saboteur when it came out.

Mafia 1 was an awesome game(minus the race part), and the story was movie like. Mafia 2 I never beat but played a bit into and thought it had a lot of great moments as well. I just might have to reinstall it soon.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB
28. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 15:46 Xero

Well my recent PC build more than meets the recommended requirements

I do love the feeling of rebuilding every 5-6 years. The improvements are astonishing!

News Comments > Loading Human VR Video
1. Re: Loading Human VR Video Jan 6, 2015, 17:50 Xero

Shoot the cubes? Was that suppose to be a joke or something?  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 6, 2015, 10:17 Xero

Sony doesn't impress me 1 bit these days anymore. In the 80s and 90s they were serious premium electronics. I remember buying my first DVD player, a Sony costing $200. The damn thing couldn't even read burnt DVD media, yet a weird, no name brand, $50 dollar DVD player my sister picked up months later was able to, plus more.

Now I picked up a Sony Xperia Z3 phone just to try something different and I regret it just about everyday. Wishing I just kept with the HTC M8 as I was coming from the M7. The phone is so generic and missing so many shortcut features and helpfulness that the HTC packed. The second HTC comes out with the M9, I'm done with Sony for life, lol.

News Comments > Far Cry Poll
5. Re: Far Cry Poll Jan 5, 2015, 11:22 Xero

I dig the idea of dinosaurs only because I can't count how many times I thought there would be some great moments had a T-Rex been chasing me down the road, lol

I think they would have to go back though on the weaponry and make it a bit of Turok except without the crazy guns. Bows and arrows of course, shotguns, burst fire rifles, and maybe coconuts.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Server "Strike" Plans
50. Re: Battlefield 4 Server Jan 2, 2015, 08:57 Xero

Man, I just bought BF4 and loving the multiplayer so far. I hope this doesn't happen. I'm just getting my feet wet in this game! GRrrrr!!!  

News Comments > Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight
76. Re: Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight Dec 30, 2014, 20:18 Xero

Considering this game is not much different than what you can do in GTA4-5, actually GTA probably being worse, I find it a joke that people come out of their quiet caves to complain about a game that hasn't even been released yet.

It's probably going to turn into a sh!tty game that everyone will forget in a few weeks after release and make you forget this was ever a big deal. Actually, the trailer is what made it a big deal and if the Devs wanted to get your attention, they sure did.

Tell me, you couldn't make that exact same trailer in GTA 4 or 5?? Heck, GTA could do that plus show him getting head in a car, then shortly after, killing the prostitute, and getting his money back. But that is OK right? Because every 12yr old kid on the planet bought the game when he asked his mother and she approved.

Is it because the dude wears a trench coat and it brings back thoughts of Columbine? Well there is a well too deep to dig into if you want to know how much media has been released since then in gaming and movie forms that bring back memories of Columbine.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2014, 08:50 Xero

I jumped on Thief for 7.50 at Humble Bundle. Sounds like a pretty good price on a game that I hear isn't as bad as made out to be.
Still have to find time to download all 22gb of it...

Was a fan of the original Thief back when it took my PC with 32mb of memory about 5 minutes to load the first level, lol.

Wasn't so much into the game when you had to dodge and hide from zombies as I preferred the medieval human element it had going originally.

Hopefully the new one brings some kind of memories of the original but I don't have my expectations set all that high.

News Comments > ROTT TTURNS TTWENTTY
8. Re: ROTT TTURNS TTWENTTY Dec 22, 2014, 12:39 Xero

I still remember sitting around watching my cousin play this on his PC the day it came out. Good memories even though I never played it, lol.  

News Comments > Outcast 1.1 Released
10. Re: Outcast 1.1 Released Dec 20, 2014, 21:00 Xero

GREAT GAME!

Not sure how well it holds up. I still own the original box and cd when I bought this game YEARS ago. One great gaming experience in it's day.

If nothing much holds up with this game, you can still appreciate the orchestrated music and awesome sound effects. Still remember that sound of running thru the snow and trying to get to the island with the big dinosaur at the water world location.

Good times...

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Dec 19, 2014, 20:59 Xero

That's what I've been on saying, but I can't say my wallet is feeling sad about it. I consider it, SURVIVING day 2, lol  

News Comments > Larian's "Leaked" RPG Plans
2. Re: Larian's Dec 19, 2014, 09:56 Xero

Xero wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 09:55:
I wish they would go back to make another title similar to Divine Divinity 2 Ego Draconis.

I was deep into the game prior to reformatting and rebuilding a new gaming rig.

After about 14 hours or so, I finally hit the moment when you can morph into the dragon at will. That was pretty badass and I felt the game had just begun.

Despite it's bad graphic coding (even my older powerful gaming rig felt awkward choppy despite the graphics not being too strong), and the controls could be fetchy. If you can see thru this stuff, it's a very good game behind it all.

A newer Ego Draconis style title action/adventure/rpg with updated graphics, I'm there.

News Comments > Larian's "Leaked" RPG Plans
1. Re: Larian's Dec 19, 2014, 09:55 Xero

I wish they would go back to make another title similar to Divine Divinity 2 Ego Draconis.

I was just deep into the game prior to reformatting and rebuilding a new gaming rig.

After about 14 hours or so, I finally hit the moment when you can morph into the dragon at will. That was pretty badass and I felt the game had just begun.

Despite it's bad graphic coding (even my older powerful gaming rig felt awkward choppy despite the graphics not being too strong), and the controls could be fetchy. If you can see thru this stuff, it's a very good game behind it all.

A newer Ego Draconis style title action/adventure/rpg with updated graphics, I'm there.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale Begins
17. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 18, 2014, 14:58 Xero

lol, I didn't even realize it as Steam had the other ones. Oh well, we can dream for it to his Steam I suppose  

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale Begins
15. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 18, 2014, 14:41 Xero

I myself wouldn't mind Dragon Age I on sale. There starting sale lineup is pretty weak thus far as I'm concerned.
Made it thru round 1! PHEW! My wallet is still shivering however.

News Comments > Lords of the Fallen 2 Plans Revealed
2. Re: Lords of the Fallen 2 Plans Revealed Dec 17, 2014, 10:56 Xero

Hmmm, I had interest in the first one but waiting on a bigger sale. Not sure about the DRM you talk about.  

1612 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo