Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1729 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Rumor: Blizzard Pulled a Diablo 4 Announcement
46. Re: Rumor: Blizzard Pulled a Diablo 4 Announcement Nov 9, 2018, 12:06 Xero

I laugh mostly at everyone that got annoyed that D4 was not announced. Blizzard didn't have to do anything.

So they made an announcement nobody wanted, big deal. You can't expect every BlizzCon for them to drop a hammer with a major release title, it ain't happening.

Primarily playing ATM: Shadow of Tomb Raider, FarCry 5, Warhammer 2, Shadow Warrior 2.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warcraft III: Reforged Announced
25. Re: Warcraft III: Reforged Announced Nov 9, 2018, 12:02 Xero

MindStalker3 wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 10:29:
Slick wrote on Nov 2, 2018, 20:34:
Oh, and FUCK HEROES in the WC3 main game, I hated them. I'm a macro kinda guy, I hated having to micro some dumb oaf, they were always just a liability to me.

Yeah, this is why I wish they would revamp WC2 more than WC3. I just don't understand the need for Heros.

You clearly didn't get WC3 if you didn't understand the need for heroes. That would be called either WC1, WC2, SC1, or SC2. WC3 is different from all of these because of the heroes and made for more tight nit battles. Every unit was important and you didn't want to let any die including a peasantly Footmen soldier. This is opposite to a game like Starcraft where you send mass waves of expendable units to their doom because you can mass reproduce them quickly. That is what makes them different.

Warcraft 3 an entire battle could be turned around by the hero units when properly managed. This made the battles a lot more intense and required more management on how well you "danced" around your heroes and kept the units alive that supported the hero units. It was highly addictive once you mastered it.

Primarily playing ATM: Shadow of Tomb Raider, FarCry 5, Warhammer 2, Shadow Warrior 2.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 9, 2018, 09:32 Xero

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 9, 2018, 07:00:
GinRummy wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 12:51:
Do I need to bother if I don't have a 20x0 card? I wish they'd just say that.

usually with a newer gen card, especially with a dramatic core architecture change, i would stay on top of updating the driver more frequently as new issues are worked out.

really depends on whether a game you play got patched or some other core issue.

Fixed Issues in this Release:

[Windows Defender Application Guard][vGPU][Surround]: Edge Browser with Application Guard cannot be opened when Surround is enabled. [200443580]

[Turing GPU]: Multi-monitor idle power draw is very high. [2400161]

[GeForce RTX 2080 Ti][G-Sync]: Blue-screen crash may occur when exiting games when using a G-Sync monitor with a non-G-Sync monitor. [2431628]

[GeForce RTX 2080 Ti]: Stuttering occurs with HEVC video playback. [2414594]

[GeForce GTX 970]: When audio playback is paused, audio receiver switches from multi-channel to stereo. Increased period from 5 seconds to 10 seconds. [2327715]

[GeForce GTX 1060]AV receiver switches to 2-channel stereo mode after 5 seconds of audio idle. [2204857]

[SLI][NVIDIA TITAN X][NVENC]: Recording and streaming of NVENC applications do not work. [2421622]

[DirectX 11 games]: Mouse cursor causes FPS to go out of sync with windowed G-Sync. [2411009]

[ARK Survival]: Improved game stability. [2420789]

[Shadow of the Tomb Raider]: Improved game stability. [2416743]

[Witcher 3 Wild Hunt]: Flickering occurs during gameplay. [200455193]

[Monster Hunter World]: Corruption is seen when Volume Rendering is off. [2400914]

[Far Cry 5]: Flickering occurs during gameplay. [2400207]

This is ALL I care about. So since no specific card is mentioned, it's a general stability improvement regardless of card? On a 1070ti but can always use improvements. Currently having a blast in the game. Worth updating my drivers now while I'm in it if the improvements will come.

EDIT - Just realized Witcher 3 was in there as well. Pretty cool considering the game's age now. I'm not sure I ever experienced flickering but I do have it installed as well working on another playthrough. Good to know they are still fixing what they can.

News Comments > Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry Released
1. Re: Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry Released Nov 8, 2018, 10:07 Xero

I don't know how well this one is but if you need a really good classic LL game, try "Love for Sail". I just recently installed it off the Steam and it runs it perfect with the built in DOS emulator.

It's still as corny and funny as I remembered many years ago. Definitely worth it and even don't feel bad using a walk-through guide just so that you do not miss anything (plenty of Easter Eggs ) and can actually complete the game. It's a fun ride while it lasts.

I have this one on my wish list and may pick it up if the reviews are decent and the price drops.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Nov 6, 2018, 09:45 Xero

Blizzard really just needed to make this announcement on the side and not lead into it as a "Big" event/announcement. That's what really hurt them. I could never see a "mobile" title worthy of a big announcement, like ever. Not when the company was never known for it and did not have a mobile "fanbase" of that caliber to begin with.

It was just really bad managing of BlizzCon or desperation to show off something when they really had nothing "Huge" to show at the conference. Warcraft 3 Reforged is awesome (in my eyes as a huge fan of the original), but even that wasn't worthy of a huge announcement because it's just a rehash of an old title of theirs.

It's kind of like, they want a yearly BlizzCon but then don't have the content to provide the fans that come expecting big announcements each time.

News Comments > Rumor: Blizzard Pulled a Diablo 4 Announcement
25. Re: Rumor: Blizzard Pulled a Diablo 4 Announcement Nov 6, 2018, 08:18 Xero

christheshitter wrote on Nov 6, 2018, 04:29:
I don't care for another WoWified Diablo. Diablo 3 was a complete mess in comparison to the previous games, it never felt like a true Diablo game.

This is true since D3 was even announced. Remember it looked too colorful? Blizzard's response was that D2 just never had the graphic power to pull off more colors so they had to stick with a darker color tone/scheme. I call that BS.

Ultimately Blizzard wanted to cater to both. The WoW and Diablo fans by creating a PG-13 type of game. There was the occasional corpses being shown but the overall design did not feel gothic enough from what I remembered of D2 or D1. The mood was missing.

I can never see Blizzard going back to that darkness again with the amount of $$$ they made switching to the color. They are ultimately driven by money and will not cater towards the few fans that have nostalgic feelings towards the game when their new fans are probably 20 years younger than the original Diablo players...

News Comments > Warcraft III: Reforged Announced
4. Re: Warcraft III: Reforged Announced Nov 2, 2018, 19:37 Xero

I just bust a nut. My favorite RTS game of all time updated to make me want to play it all over again... Damn you Blizzard. I might go into comatose once they show off a reimagined Diablo 2.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic Demo Play Time Limitations
8. Re: Vanilla was boring as hell... Nov 2, 2018, 11:45 Xero

JohnBirshire wrote on Nov 2, 2018, 11:06:
I really do not understand why so many people have been clamoring for "WoW Classic" servers for so long.

I was an MMO player since the beginning, starting in Neverwinter Nights, Shadows of Yserbius through Meridian 59, Ultima Online (still the GOAT), and Asheron's Call Darktide. So when WoW was announced I was excited to play it, and followed the development closely.

Bought the game on day 1, leveled to 60, waited for enough people to catch up to play through the endgame content, and then...stopped. There was literally NOTHING to do. No battlegrounds, no arenas, no armor sets, no good dungeon/raid content, etc. All this stuff was added months or years later. People would literally get to 60 then just reroll another character and play through the same leveling content again, for lack of anything else to do. A lot of people quit playing until expansions were released, vanilla WoW was simply boring.

When that Blizz Dev publicly said "People think they want classic servers, but they really don't" he got flamed for it by the community, but I actually understood exactly what he meant. I think a lot of these people didn't actually even play vanilla WoW, or they have extreme nostalgiac reactions to the memory of it which alters their perception of what the game actually was back then.

You can say it was boring when you hit level 60 but think about how much work was involved just to get the game to have the content and scope that it had back then. Blizzard has since quadrupled (probably more), their staff with the amount of revenue WoW brought in, allowing so much work for the additional expansions. What WoW did during it's vanilla days was something the majority of MMOs could not.

They weren't necessarily catering to players who sped to level 60 and wanted more. They wanted to provide an awesome experience on your way to level 60. Once you hit that, well, that's what expansions were for. You can't get everything you want in 1 shot. You have to wait sometimes.

I honestly had all I could take once I reached level 60 with maybe 3 characters total at vanilla times. By the time the first expansion hit, I had no desire to continue playing it. I just felt I experienced all there was for an MMO and considering it was the only MMO I got into and paid a subscription, I thought I had seen enough.

News Comments > Anthem Gameplay Video
11. Re: Anthem Gameplay Video Oct 29, 2018, 09:34 Xero

I feel like this was a game put together on what looks "cool" and the nerds will eat it up. Someone mentioned it looked soulless and I think that is reason why. It is like a game that was just slapped together with crazy high production values with everything nerds love.

I'm not saying it is bad yet. It remains to be seen if this can turn into it's own classic upon release but with EA, I'm not holding my breath.

News Comments > Just Cause 4 Panoramic Trailer
2. Re: Just Cause 4 Panoramic Trailer Oct 26, 2018, 11:26 Xero

Creston wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 10:25:
Very purdy. A damn sight better than the same boring grassland and same town copy-pasta'd all over the map in JC3.

JC3 is a real nice looking game also though, you can't deny. It had plenty of screenshot capture worthy moments.

I unfortunately grew tired of the formula though to liberate each town in a similar manner. The explosions though were always awesome.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 26, 2018, 10:31 Xero

ROFL! I'm sure he's getting HELL from what he did. Making him feel like the POS that he is. I'm glad.

He's basically whining that he was never good enough to be elite level at the game so he required cheats to do so and then cries when he was bust for it. What a loser.

These are the kinds of kids I wish were tied up on my heavy bag at the gym, lol.

News Comments > No Man's Sky: The Abyss Next Week
24. Re: No Man's Sky: The Abyss Next Week Oct 25, 2018, 18:09 Xero

I'm loving all the content that they've been adding but I wish the game was more arcadey at times to be honest. Less managing of your life suit/oxygen levels and more of blowing sh!t up on various planets.

I find myself moreso bored when it becomes just a grind to keep your levels high and it's like a constant clock ticking against you.

News Comments > Trine 4 Announced
1. Re: Trine 4 Announced Oct 24, 2018, 11:10 Xero

YES!!!!! Def in my top 3 favorite side scroller platformers of all time. Can't really dethrone Ori as #1 but it's close to it.

I even enjoyed part 3 despite the flak it received. It wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. Yes, shorter levels but there was quite a few so it wasn't terribly short. Still, nothing beats part 2.

News Comments > Project Warlock Released
1. Re: Project Warlock Released Oct 18, 2018, 22:07 Xero

I played this at PAX East last year in Boston. Was really fun. Developer that was at the booth was really cool dude also. I'll def buy once it's not GOG exclusive.  

News Comments > Blizzard "Working on Different Diablo Projects"
20. Re: Blizzard Oct 18, 2018, 17:27 Xero

Could it be a Diablo MMO? It's not like it would be geared entirely towards a mature audience. Diablo 3 did have a lot of color in it. If they actually darkened it up a bit to differentiate it from WoW a lot more, I think it would have some appeal.

All I really am looking forward to is a remaster of Diablo 2. Diablo 1 is OK for nostalgia purpose but let's be real, the dungeons aren't all that appealing. At least 2 had the different zones that were uniquely different and felt different.

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Adds The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon
4. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Adds The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon Oct 17, 2018, 14:09 Xero

I've had this on my wish list for awhile now but was hesitant on picking it up due to the game breaking bugs.

Hoping to hear more positive reviews eventually.

News Comments > EA Exploring C&C Remasters
14. Re: EA Exploring C&C Remasters Oct 12, 2018, 09:13 Xero

I wouldn't mind a Red Alert2 remake. I know some might say RA3 was similar but it really wasn't. I want straight up RA2 with just modernized graphics/support. Keep the same gameplay. Also, please no cel shaded graphics like RA3. That's an either you love it or hate it look and I'm mostly on the hate it side.  

News Comments > Internet Archive Launches Commodore 64 Library
4. Re: Internet Archive Launches Commodore 64 Library Oct 10, 2018, 20:37 Xero

Can't tell you how much fun I had with this thing when I received one right before summer break. It was given to me from the father of a kid my mother used to babysit. He was a hardcore gamer on that thing.

I literally received it with tons of games. Both cartridge based that you would stick into the keyboard and floppy disks (the literal ones). Had a blast with that thing.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 8, 2018, 13:35 Xero

I also see the streaming thing becoming an issue mostly because while a lot of people are looking to cut cable and opt for apps instead to get their tv/movies/shows fix, some of them are too spread out. If I need to subscribe to multiple steaming platforms and it's going to cost just as much as cable, how is that benefiting me then?

Or in my case, I'm a huge boxing fan. That is mostly the only reason I need apps. Boxing nowadays is spread over, ESPN+, DAZN, ShowTime, and various PBC channels. It's getting crazy. Luckily HBO just dropped out of boxing due to the competition claiming all the best fighters, but damn, it's still too much to pay across to get my fix in. Sucks.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 5, 2018, 23:20 Xero

Little Nightmares is a perfect game for October. While it's by no means a perfect 10, I got a lot of enjoyment out of it and beat it. Solid title for the price.  

1729 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo