Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1638 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Universal Combat CE Free on Steam
13. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 9, 2015, 12:05 Xero

Just because they give you a free turd doesn't make it a better turd.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Beta Details
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews Feb 9, 2015, 11:35 Xero

ELITE wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 10:57:
Tried the Beta - it felt like a mod.
If you're gonna do Cops And Robbers - why am I running around with BF4 weapons?

I was really hoping they were trying something different.

I'd rather have Battlefield 1942 updated...

Same. Or even 2142. I guess with the new Star Wars they will avoid any other futuristic Battlefield game that can steal it's thunder.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Rogue Pre-Purchases
9. Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue Pre-Purchases Feb 8, 2015, 11:03 Xero

Yeesh! Assassin's Creed 3? I booted it up to test out my 970gtx and prompty uninstalled it following horrendous controls and dull gameplay.

I'm done with anything with the word Creed in it I think.

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
8. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 11:21 Xero

Shadow of Mordor wins 8 awards and Dragon Age gets game of the year. Makes sense.

No wait, no award show for gaming makes sense. It's nothing more than advertising and fluffing your money guns around.

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X Specs
11. Re: Mortal Kombat X Specs Feb 5, 2015, 08:52 Xero

Super Street Fighter 2 X or whatever hell it was called for SNES was going for $79.99 at my nearby Toys R Us store back when N64 was already out. I always wondered what the hell warranted it but I guess there are some diehard fans that would of paid it.

I actually paid I think it was $70 dollars for MK Trilogy on the N64 when that first released because there was like zero titles available to buy for N64 at launch.

lol, my 2 launch titles were MK Trilogy and Super Mario 64, lol night and day.

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter
4. Re: Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter Feb 4, 2015, 12:17 Xero

I read the plan first... then watched the video. YEESH!

I think better looking games were made with a lot less from smaller indie companies.

News Comments > White Night Next Month
3. Re: White Night Next Month Feb 3, 2015, 08:12 Xero

Looks a bit SinCity inspired. Not terribly bad but I'll pass.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Specs; Beta Preloads; Video
15. Re: Battlefield Hardline Specs; Beta Preloads; Video Feb 3, 2015, 08:11 Xero

That beta install size is huge. Not sure I give enough sh1ts to want to install this, lol.  

News Comments > Blizzard Rumors: "Low Expectations" for Heroes of the Storm?
16. Re: Blizzard Rumors: Jan 30, 2015, 12:13 Xero

Task wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 12:08:
I have low expectations that Blizzard will finally make a Warcraft 4 RTS.

That would be heaven for me. I just find it hard that they would given they are constantly updating the story via WoW and until WoW possibly stops with expansions, they won't want to interrupt it's timeline.

Also with Heroes of the Storm and Starcraft 2 taking most of their resource as far as their strategy gaming department goes. Wasn't the Starcraft 2 designers part of Warcraft 3?
Heroes of the Storm requires tons of balancing and issues to work out a long with the new Starcraft 2 expansion. I don't think Blizz wants to take on another strategy game just yet.

14. Re: Blizzard Rumors: Jan 30, 2015, 11:56 Xero

Shineyguy wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 11:33:
Zyrxil wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 11:12:
All things are not equal in the real world. Some no-name game from Namco going offline is far more likely than a hit game from Blizzard going offline. The Diablo 2 servers are still running 15 years after release.

Ah, but you'll still be able to play Diablo 2 even when the servers do eventually go down. Diablo 3? Not so much...

I would have to imagine if Blizz ever decided to take down D3 servers, they would release a patch that made the game offline capable. Otherwise I think they would be hit by lawsuits or something where someone paid for a service or good and was denied it after the vendor took the money. In small terms, that's called stealing.

9. Re: Blizzard Rumors: Jan 30, 2015, 11:08 Xero

Heroes of the Storm? Fun game but yeah, the idea of paying for unlockables and basically skins doesn't sound appealing to me. Especially at Bliz rates.

I also think their Overwatch game looks dull, and they should of just stuck to one of their current IPs and just continue with what works best.

News Comments > HATRED Preorders
29. Re: HATRED Preorders Jan 30, 2015, 09:23 Xero

Honestly, let's get real here. I'm going to buy it for the following reasons:
1.) the Physics look fun
2.) the animation looks fluid and smooth
3.) the isometric style view is old school and brings back fun memories
4.) The game should have some sort of challenge and it could turn out to be a decent fun shoot em up game with ultra violence, lol.

It's not like we haven't seen this type of violence before. Plenty of other games have you killing civilians by accident or on purpose and it's not like a lot of players actually avoid to not kill civilians. It's all virtual so who cares?

Some of us played games like Postal 1, Soldier of Fortune 1 & 2 and I think turned out OK, lol.

With that said, I would not pay more than probably $10 bucks for this game.

News Comments > HATRED Preorders
5. Re: HATRED Preorders Jan 29, 2015, 19:45 Xero

Not enough violence. I'll pass.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups
32. Re: Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups Jan 28, 2015, 16:47 Xero

I use g2a and hope the keys don't give me any issues in the future. Thus far they've worked great and I got some great deals there.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Jan 23, 2015, 10:49 Xero

I'm surprised HARDOCP sh!t all over the Corsair CX750 PSU. I bought that last month for my PC build and it runs great. I've had zero problems with it and I'm running pretty heavy loads of hardcore gaming.

I only paid $60 for it when Microcenter had a sale going on so I'm not sure how bad I should feel if it does go bad but thus far I think it was a great deal.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Beta Access with Founder's Pack
14. Re: Heroes of the Storm Beta Access with Founder's Pack Jan 21, 2015, 09:42 Xero

SimplyMonk wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 09:25:
Xero wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 07:52:
Well if you want that, PAY UP.

I have no problem with that, but the rate they are asking for is extremely high compared to other titles in the market. DOTA2 gives you all heroes for free, SMITE has a $30 unlock everything forever option, LoL's bundles and heroes are a lot cheaper and I'm not sure I've seen another lower tier MOBA come anywhere near Blizzard's pricing.

But this is Blizzard we are talking about. The people that still charge $15/month for an MMO, have an extremely player unfriendly business model for their CCG, charge you $15-25 to run a stored procedure in aforementioned MMO and have rediculously priced digital items for sale in their store. And they get away with all of this, making tons of money.

So yeah... I guess this is to be expected from them because they know they can get away with it.

I understand that but again, that is up to you if your too impatient and have to fork out the $$$ rather than earn the unlocks. The heroes are rotated randomly for free which can be annoying or refreshing depending how you look at it.
I for one love to unlock stuff so I would never pay to get things that could be earned for free, but to each his own.

If you must pay and think it's too high of a price, that's on you.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Postmortem
28. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Postmortem Jan 21, 2015, 09:21 Xero

Wolf going for 17 bucks on G2a.com

Think I'll wait it out a bit longer but I've been hearing a lot of good things about it.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Beta Access with Founder's Pack
12. Re: Heroes of the Storm Beta Access with Founder's Pack Jan 21, 2015, 07:52 Xero

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 19:04:
You mean I can pay money right now to test your game for you!? Fucking sign me up!

I lol'd with this comment.

The idea is correct, you basically are paying to test a game as it's not complete yet... With that said, even the game in Alpha, it was probably 90% more complete/stable than many others that release in COMPLETED status. So I guess that is the difference between Blizz and the others.

On the other hand, balancing is always an on-going gig that will go on well after the game comes out because there are always abused and overpowered abilities that need constant tuning and nerfing.

If you can see past the games bundles, skins, mounts, and colors, and just play the game as is, you might find there is a ton of content for...free. The problem are LAZY people that want it all accessed immediately. Well if you want that, PAY UP.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Resident Evil HD - Stream Tonight
5. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Resident Evil HD - Stream Tonight Jan 20, 2015, 15:48 Xero

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 15:15:
The true horror is trying to play this on KB+M. It's about as horrifying as I suspected so I'll really have to haul ass and find a cheap gamepad.

Still worth it though. Ink ribbons!

I did the same to play Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition on the PC. Bolted out to Walmart and Steel Series was my choice of cheapness and it makes me feel weird. I regret the purchase because it's such a shitty gamepad, but at the same time, it didn't break the bank. Paid like $10 bucks for it at Walmart...

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Resident Evil HD - Stream Tonight
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Resident Evil HD - Stream Tonight Jan 20, 2015, 14:50 Xero

lol, perhaps too much hype/advertising on a 17 year old title? lol

I'll pick it up when it drops to around $5-10 bones. My new spending limit is $20 and the game has to be crazy worth it for me to dish out $20.

1638 Comments. 82 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo