Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1617 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Jan 19, 2015, 15:06 Xero

I got a NZXT for my PC build last month although not the exact same as this one, very similar. No front bays, 3 fans instead with a removable front door to clean the filter. The case hides the PSU along with all the cables underneath and behind the mobo. A very clean, slick look and I get compliments from all my nerdy friends.

This review listing actually got me to buy the be quiet! Pure Rock CPU cooler. I've been looking into a CPU cooler for some time without going water cooling and just enough to give my stock fan/heatsink on my i7 a cooler boost. I think this should suffice. My biggest gripe with previous coolers I read about was that I would have to remove my motherboard for the installation. F that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 19, 2015, 09:20 Xero

Early access is just taking pre-order to the worse level. Rather than pre-order the game so the developer/publisher knows they got your money, they release a non-complete/finished title be it alpha form or worse and let you be a part of the game in all it's sh!tty glory to the finish line.

Then while you complain of what a horrible experience it is and give up on it, others will have full enjoyment of the title when it's completed and playable as was originally planned having not burnt themselves out on the sh!tty state of the early pre-release.

It is an industry just out for your $$$, regardless of your experience.

News Comments > Resident Evil HD Preloads
8. Re: Resident Evil HD Preloads Jan 19, 2015, 07:53 Xero

lol, the ONLY way it wouldn't be completely consolized is if they do in fact include updated controls. Of course tank controls are the original that started in what? 1996?

I would still like to see how it would play with an updated set that lets you move in the direction you point. Actually, Nocturne if anyone remembers that horror PC game I believe had tank controls mixed with full 360 degree aim movement with the mouse and utilized laser pointers on the guns to assist with knowing just where the hell you were pointing them considering the locked camera angles.

News Comments > Resident Evil HD Preloads
4. Re: Resident Evil HD Preloads Jan 18, 2015, 19:31 Xero

Any confirmation on updated controls or tank controls are it?  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jan 18, 2015, 14:46 Xero

Can we get an updated Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast already?  

News Comments > Hatred Earns AO Rating
8. Re: Hatred Earns AO Rating Jan 16, 2015, 23:28 Xero

Sounds like Robocop in the 80s. Got multiple X ratings when the movie didn't have much sexual scenes but rather for it's ultra violence.

Not much different here!

News Comments > Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations
28. Re: Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations Jan 16, 2015, 15:41 Xero

The only expectation I saw met in Watch Dogs was the main character ran around in a trench coat with cloth physics which was something new and incredible to console kids.

Mean while I was doing that years ago in Mafia 2. lol

News Comments > MS: Windows 10 "Best" OS Ever Created for Gamers
12. Re: MS: Windows 10 "Best" OS Ever Created for Gamers Jan 16, 2015, 09:54 Xero

I'm shivering right now  

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Nominees
25. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Nominees Jan 16, 2015, 09:25 Xero

Any award shows/programs are just paid off advertising for companies. It's all opinionated at the end. So 1 doesn't win but the other does, does that make the first a shitty game? No, in fact some might think the opposite of the winners and nominees. It's just a matter of opinions and having the right muscle behind the vote.  

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: "Just Pirate It"
24. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: Jan 16, 2015, 08:14 Xero

Looking forward to Hotline Miami 2. Miami 1 was one of the few titles I actually completed to the end, lol.
Had a lot of fun playing it so I look forward to this one even if it would be almost equal to an expansion.

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
14. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 11:27 Xero

nin wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 11:06:
Xero wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 10:57:
Wish I got a demo to see otherwise!

There's a beta, but I've not heard anything positive about it, either.

Is the beta available to everyone?

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
11. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 10:57 Xero

Still don't trust em! Gameplay should be solid enough prior to even DLC releases to think about releasing DLCs before a launch! From what I hear, the game is a turd.

Wish I got a demo to see otherwise!

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta
14. Re: Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta Jan 15, 2015, 08:16 Xero

Devinoch wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 15:39:
There are a number of things I like about HotS, but there's also a bunch I absolutely *hate*. Their pricing model is gouging beyond gouging, and having 90% of the gameplay locked behind a paywall is utterly infuriating. Like, I enjoy what they've done with the map rotation, as well as objectives, and the shorter game time is often nice, although I'll confess, I'm much less invested than I am in a Dota2 game. But the amount of gouging they're doing in this game has me utterly unable to enjoy playing it regularly, because it's like being accustomed to racing Formula-one cars and then being put in a Prius and being told to have fun racing! I keep giving it a try here and there, but too much of the content is behind a paywall, and the prices for entry are waaaaaaaaaaay too high.

This is true to an extent...

Blizzard prices things up there to make enough return on their time to develop the game and pay everyone's paychecks at the end of the month. Let's remember, they didn't make this game for free to just give out to the masses and say, ENJOY, WE LOVE'D WORKING FOR FREE.

With that said, if you aren't going to pay up and would rather, freeload the entire game, you have to earn it. Gold rewards are weak, but they do give free hero rotation weekly so you won't get bored of using the same heroes while the rest are on lock down. The downside would be that you have less time to truly master 1 hero if you have to give him up each week when he's thrown out of the rotation.

I see the ups and downs and think it's nice Blizzard gives you a chance to play every hero eventually thru the random rotations and that lets a newbie player get his feet wet and experience a little bit of everything and earn something while you play. On the otherhand, if your truly hardcore and want a specific character or character set, you have to pay up to get it immediately... I think that separates the hardcore from the, I'm just here to play for free freeloaders.

News Comments > All Platform Battlefield Hardline Beta Coming
14. Re: All Platform Battlefield Hardline Beta Coming Jan 15, 2015, 08:11 Xero

Funny how people complain when companies don't release a demo anymore these days. Yet can't find appreciation for a company that allows you in there BETA TEST FOR FREE.

People will say it sucks but that is why they are letting us all in, to find out that truth. Not to mention if it is still an incomplete game, they can make tweaks still.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for this beta because I just bought BF4 recently and felt like I just fell in a love with Battlefield all over again.

Worse comes to worse and Hardline isn't worth my time, I'll just stick with BF4 until the NEXT Battlefield comes out, lol.

3. Re: Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta Jan 14, 2015, 10:02 Xero

Ozmodan wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 09:39:
By the time this gets into release, MOBA's will be on the decline.

I don't think they can ever be in a decline. It's a genre in itself just about. There are many out there and each has it's own perks to build a fanbase.

DOTA2 from Valve has their groupie. LoL undoubtedly has their own and when Blizzard releases HOTS, I'm sure a lot of players of those groups will switch over and consider HOTS the most refined version of them all and jump on it.

I just don't think it will ever disappear. You got new players all the time, and when those players learn all they can, they become the next gen players when the old timers retire or get bored of it. It's just a never ending cycle.

1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta Jan 14, 2015, 08:59 Xero

Awesome! Alpha has been rock stable as far as my experience. If anything I've noticed the coding/performance gets better and better with each patch. Now with my PC upgrade, the game runs smooth as butter and that was during Alpha.

Beta should bring more polish as the game feels probably 90% more complete than most others in Gold status.

If your looking for the next best DOTA style game, keep an eye on this one because to me, Blizzard has perfected what makes DOTA great, but players don't want to spend 30+ minutes on a match.

News Comments > Evolve 4th Monster; DLC; Season Pass Details
14. Re: Evolve 4th Monster; DLC; Season Pass Details Jan 13, 2015, 16:40 Xero

There are other titles similar to this one, on a lower budget of course, and honestly this style of gameplay gets boring quick. Try out Primal Carnage on Steam to get an idea or even Depth.

The most fun I've had with this style of gameplay was Giants Citizen Kabuto but it had so much going for it including a fun as hell single player.

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
55. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 16:38 Xero

Strango wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 14:48:
Whiskers wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 14:26:
Max Payne 3 ran great on my last computer, so I'm hoping GTA V will run really well. If only you could skip the cutscenes in Max Payne 3....

Did you notice that there weren't any loading screens in Max Payne 3? They played the pre-rendered cut-scene movies while the next area was being loaded. I seem to recall that they made a post-release patch that allows you to skip the remainder of a cut-scene after the loading was complete.

This is true but it isn't implemented well. You can skip, only until after it's done loading which you have no idea so all your doing is constantly pressing the enter key to skip while it tells you basically to wait. You don't know why you have to wait to skip at random moments unless you knew it was preloading the level in advance.

I think Battlefield 4 suffers this as well or I noticed wrong.

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
54. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 16:35 Xero

I understand delays suck but whatever. Deal with it. Cancelling your pre-order or claiming you will pirate the game will not change the fact that it's delayed.

Delayed is only for the better to get a bug free, stable game. I actually built my PC for this game but I have soooo much other sh!t to keep busy meantime that I honestly don't care this is delayed at this point.

Just relax, the time will go by quick (February is the shortest month), and play something else meantime.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Safe Haven DLC Released
5. Re: Alien: Isolation Safe Haven DLC Released Jan 13, 2015, 16:31 Xero

Is Alien Isolation worth the buy? I'm not looking at any DLC content, just the base game. Is it honestly worth it? I've been on the fence but do enjoy the Alien universe.

I'm just not so sure I dig these hide and seek type games. I'm getting enough fill with Outlast and it's wearing thin on me that I don't think I could go thru it again.

Graphically the game looks great though and I'd love to have another game to show off my recent build. Just wondering if I should wait for GTA5 for that.

1617 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo