Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1657 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront to Support Dolby Atmos
1. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront to Support Dolby Atmos May 6, 2015, 09:36 Xero

Awesome! I'm always down for new ways to enhance the gaming experience that don't just have to do with the visuals. I think Star Wars universe has tons of sound FX to make it worth bringing this to. Looking forward to hearing it.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X PC Patch Today
4. Re: Mortal Kombat X PC Patch Today May 5, 2015, 15:48 Xero

Great patch. All I read on the forums is that everyone lost their saved games. lol...  

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X Jason Voorhees Bundle Tomorrow
6. Re: Mortal Kombat X Jason Voorhees Bundle Tomorrow May 5, 2015, 14:08 Xero

Jivaro wrote on May 4, 2015, 23:44:
Xero wrote on May 4, 2015, 21:05:
Since I got the premium edition, I'm suppose to get all these characters when they come out? Why the hell did I have to pay for Goro?

You paid extra for Goro? I thought it was the pre-order bonus. It was for me through Amazon.

I am loving this new MK. The story is, as always, cheesy and only mildly entertaining but the variety of gameplay modes provide some great replay value. I am underwhelmed with Jason, but the other addon characters look interesting although I hope Tanya isn't a Sonya clone in a different skin.

Still looking for a good fighting stick for my PS4 though. I had two for my PS3, one came with a Collector's Edition of Street Fighter vs Tekken and the other came with the Collector's Edition of MK9. I dig the new dualshock but it's still not nearly as good as an arcade stick for fighting games.

I never preordered, maybe that's why Goro wasn't included. But I do have premium.

5. Re: Mortal Kombat X Jason Voorhees Bundle Tomorrow May 5, 2015, 14:08 Xero

intermarer wrote on May 5, 2015, 04:36:
Do NOT get MKX on PC. Worst port I've ever seen. I've got 2x 780GTX in SLI and quad core cpu. I'm getting around 5 fps, if that; really choppy/laggy/super-unsmooth gameplay. Tried all settings, plenty of different hacks on forums. It's just plain horribly.

Must be your configuration. I'm on a single 970gtx and it runs smooth as butter...

1. Re: Mortal Kombat X Jason Voorhees Bundle Tomorrow May 4, 2015, 21:05 Xero

Since I got the premium edition, I'm suppose to get all these characters when they come out? Why the hell did I have to pay for Goro?  

News Comments > DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley
26. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 11:55 Xero

SpectralMeat wrote on May 1, 2015, 10:14:
Xero wrote on May 1, 2015, 09:57:
All these demos do is show you what games with the latest graphics will look like in about 3-4 years.

I still remember the butterfly chick technology demo from Nvidia yeeeeeaaars ago and thought it was the most amazing thing when I ran it. Of course no gaming actually used those graphics or anything close to them.
No because most of these graphical bells and whistles won't be implemented into games unless consoles can handle it.
Very very rare to find a developer that will include PC exclusive features into their games that requires extensive development.
Maybe Chris Roberts can take advantage of some these DX12 features in SC

I never specifically said which platform would use these graphics but yes that is correct. Until consoles are on par with what we got, developers would never use the latest and greatest tech. I understand that. Occasionally we get a PC exclusive though that uses our firepower. Very rare, but yeah for a AAA we won't see it for a few years.

News Comments > DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley
7. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 09:57 Xero

All these demos do is show you what games with the latest graphics will look like in about 3-4 years.

I still remember the butterfly chick technology demo from Nvidia yeeeeeaaars ago and thought it was the most amazing thing when I ran it. Of course no gaming actually used those graphics or anything close to them.

Nowadays with the games out, she looks outdated, lol.

News Comments > Hatred in June
6. Re: Hatred in June Apr 29, 2015, 10:47 Xero

Will I be judged for owning this game?

BTW- BONUS points Blue for embedding the video here! (didn't have to enter my login creds)

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass and Premium Edition Details
9. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass and Premium Edition Details Apr 29, 2015, 08:29 Xero

Man, the days of gaming have gone to shiiiet when it comes to pricing models. Premium editions, season passes, DLCs, hold on to content for post-release despite announcing it prior to release, or better yet, paying for the content and not receiving it yet (MKX).  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patched
41. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 28, 2015, 16:44 Xero

Quinn wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 14:21:
I think SHIFT was swimming. W and S was swimming down and up!

I'll give it a shot when I get home. Thanks.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patched
39. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 28, 2015, 10:06 Xero

I'm still trying to figure out how to swim properly... lol.

All he wants to do is go down instead of up and I end up drowning. I think I've pressed every button on my keyboard and nothing has gotten him to go up instead of down, lol.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer
6. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer Apr 28, 2015, 09:47 Xero

That looks like a trailer directed by Michael Bay and John Woo.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide
8. Re: Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide Apr 22, 2015, 11:23 Xero

Well, well, let me chime in to join the party. I'm also on a 970!

To be honest, most of the games, it picks accurate settings although I bump down the 3XXX screen res that my LCD supports but is not the standard res and it's overkill in-game. Causes a lot more lag performance hit than need be when the 1920 by whatever looks just as good.

But yeah, in GTA5 I think it overpicks the settings and I experienced more lag vs what the game optimized on it's own. I generally prefer to let the game pick what's best and then bump things up slowly to see what I can get away with and what causes a hit.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide
2. Re: Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide Apr 22, 2015, 10:15 Xero

Shineyguy wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 10:10:
Shouldn't GeForce Experience be doing this automatically for users? I don't believe my install has detected GTA V as of yet...

Double check where you are pointing Geforce Experience to look for new titles. I checked mine and noticed GTA5 was installed to a different location than I have set for it to search, thus it would never see it. Once I corrected it, it found it.

With that said, there are TOO many options available that it makes it almost sickening to read in to. My advice, let either Geforce Experience auto optimize your game and go with that or let the game itself pick the best settings for you.

I don't think you can go wrong either way but the Geforce settings actually seemed to lag me moreso.

News Comments > WWE 2K15 Coming to PC
5. Re: WWE 2K15 Coming to PC Apr 22, 2015, 07:56 Xero

Jonjonz wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 07:54:
Note to self: WWE means something to do with the world of professional scripted buffoonery, delete it from my remote, and skip it if encountered elsewhere.

Oh dude, the show is ludicrous at this point. I quit watching nearly 15 years ago when I was nearly 15years old. Recently stumbling upon it on tv, I can only take maybe 3 minutes of it before I'm like, whaaaaaaaaat?! And I change channel. It's bad.

On the flipside, a game is a game, and if it's fun, I'll take it regardless of the material it's sourced from.

News Comments > Trine 3 Early Access
2. Re: Trine 3 Early Access Apr 22, 2015, 07:54 Xero

siapnar wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 19:51:
I think I'm more inclined to get this once it's finished.

For this type of game, to me, early access doesn't make a ton of sense
The level editor does sound pretty cool, though

Same here.

Really want the game as I'm a huge fan of the first two, but I don't want to spoil it until the game is official, 100% complete.

I seriously hate this early access crud unless it's for free and given in a alpha/beta form acknowledgement because what's the point of buying a game to get early access of a bug ridden game when all your doing is paying to beta/alpha test it so the final game is better?

At the point of the final game, your bored and tired of it and others who then buy the game get to experience at maximum enjoyment and polish while you who already paid for it early are tired of a broken game... It's really genius that they make people buy into this format.

News Comments > WWE 2K15 Coming to PC
3. Re: WWE 2K15 Coming to PC Apr 22, 2015, 07:51 Xero

Depends how this does on reviews, I might actually pick it up.

I haven't played a wrestling game since Wrestlemania 2000 on my N64 and I played the sh!t out of that game. That one along with WCW vs NWO Revenge remain my top favorite wrestling games of all time.

Then again, since I haven't played all the newer ones, I don't know how well they fair these days.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Early Access
1. Re: Killing Floor 2 Early Access Apr 21, 2015, 15:43 Xero

I like how they throw in all those quotes from various news outlets when the game is just giving early access now, lol.

I'm sure they were talking about the alpha version when they talked about how great fun it was???? Lol... marketing...

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm in June
21. Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 21, 2015, 07:47 Xero

About time! I thought this alpha/beta has gone on long enough and it's pretty damn rock solid. Balancing will always be on-going as they continue to release new heroes constantly and I don't doubt they'll stop anytime soon after launching in June.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
8. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 20, 2015, 10:00 Xero

I finally got to play this yesterday after the massive download and it set my settings fairly nice by default. I then ran the Nvidia Optimizer and it pushed the settings even further which surprised me.

When I ran it via the Nvidia settings I got more chop than when I left them at the default settings that it detected originally. Originally most of the settings were set to Very high and High, but Nvidia bumped some that were high to Very high as well as some other fancy settings.

With that said, I'm running it at the 60fps and it runs smooth as butter at the 1920 by wahtever resolution.

It's quite a graphical achievement...

1657 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo