Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On March 29, 2003
Supporter -
Total Comments 2072 (Senior)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Eternity: The Last Unicorn Next Month

5. Re: Eternity: The Last Unicorn Next Month Feb 21, 2019, 12:13 Xero

I had a buddy that was playing this at last year's PAX East. It looked so mediocre but he was hooked to it, lol. We had to walk away and leave him playing it.

Yeah the combat and animations were stiff as all hell and the game looked very generic fantasy. I'm surprised it's here today.

The company that made it had a booth that was advertising like 1 game of every genre just to show they got it all covered. Unfortunately every game looked terrible, lol.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Ion Fury, Dishonored
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Space Engineers Launches Next week

1. Re: Space Engineers Launches Next week Feb 20, 2019, 10:46 Xero

Oh HEY! I actually own this, lol. I bought it waaaay back in Early Access and didn't really enjoy the crazy long load times. I think that was 2 years ago or so and haven't tried it since. I guess I'll give it another go once it finishes launches and see how much has changed since then...  

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Ion Fury, Dishonored

News Comments > Evening Interviews

2. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 19, 2019, 09:54 Xero

Creston wrote on Feb 18, 2019, 20:07:
Anyone play it yet, by any chance?

I've been hearing mostly positive things about it. Although maybe short, I think I heard 10 hours long? That kind of fits the bill for what I like these days. It's also not fully priced at 40.00 compared to the usual 60 (although still more than I want to pay).

If anything a nice hold off until Rage 2 comes out if these types of games are your thing. I'm still on the fence with Rage 2 but I've been enjoying FC5 a bit so the next logical move might just be to pick up this one instead of Rage 2.

News Comments > etc.

2. Re: etc. Feb 18, 2019, 10:43 Xero

I think the more appropriate way to review it are the ones that are giving it a positive if the game itself is good, and then just throwing up the fingers below that towards Epic. They are making their point with that, lol.  

News Comments > Far Cry New Dawn Dawns

2. Re: Far Cry New Dawn Dawns Feb 16, 2019, 00:39 Xero

I'm currently enjoying FC5 probably more than any previous one although I would have to think that through. FC1 obviously has a place in my heart but that was like before the series turned into what they've become. I think Far Cry 3 was also a fun one because it was within the islands also...

This one is surprisingly getting good reviews on Steam. I like that they didn't go full price on it but it's still higher than I would pay for it. I will most likely def pick it up once it's on sale.

News Comments > Anthem Launches on Origin Access

13. Re: Anthem Launches on Origin Access Feb 15, 2019, 17:08 Xero

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 15:57:
Creston wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 15:49:
Buddy of mine is going to play it, so I think I'll just plop down 15 bucks, play it for a month, then be done with it.

Nooo, don't give in to the subscription model! Where will you be when the game is finally awesome in 1 year or so, after numerous patches?

lol, well he can just sign up again for 15 bucks. Play it for a month until he's bored and unsubscribe again, lol. Still cheaper than the initial 80 bones. Not to mention you get full access to the Origin library to boot (if you care).

News Comments > Anthem Launches on Origin Access

1. Re: Anthem Launches on Origin Access Feb 15, 2019, 12:21 Xero

So 15 dollars a month gives you access to the full t!ts verson of Anthem or you could pay what was it? 80 dollars for that version?

So play the hell out of it for 2-3 months, 30-45 dollars worth, plus access to the rest of the library. Quit the subscription, and you saved yourself 40+ dollars on the full t!ts version of Anthem. Good idea.

News Comments > Mortal Kombat 11 Trailer

1. Re: Mortal Kombat 11 Trailer Feb 15, 2019, 11:25 Xero

Looks badass. Jade was one of my favorites from MK Trilogy. I see some of the motions she makes with her staff attack they even kept from MK Trilogy.

Sweeeeeet.

News Comments > The Textorcist: The Story of Ray Bibbia Released

1. Re: The Textorcist: The Story of Ray Bibbia Released Feb 15, 2019, 09:47 Xero

I wonder how this is? As lame as a "typing" game sounds, after playing the Epistory The Typing Chronicles, I've found a new passion for these types of games. They made this style game so enjoyable to play, it was definitely a unique experience.  

News Comments > Far Cry New Dawn Launch Trailer and Reviews

1. Re: Far Cry New Dawn Launch Trailer and Reviews Feb 14, 2019, 11:44 Xero

I'm still playing Far Cry 5. Not sure how I feel about this. Especially considering it's like a colorful 5 and could have probably been done by a fan based mod team. I just don't think anyone cared enough to try this, lol.

So the question is, was this ever needed? I'd probably pick this up for 10-15 max. I dunno, I would like to hear more from fans of Far Cry 5 if it truly is worth it or not.

I'm still not sure how they managed to f**k up a zombie DLC so bad for FC5. All they really had to do was use the current FC5 map and change everyone into zombies, done deal. It would of been a heck of a lot more creepy and satisfying.

Whoever runs their DLC department needs to have their head checked.

News Comments > Hollow Knight: Silksong is a Sequel

4. Re: Hollow Knight: Silksong is a Sequel Feb 14, 2019, 11:31 Xero

I never tried the original but it has good reviews. I might have to pick it up before this as I am a fan of Metroidvania type games.

For me Ori is king though. Waiting on THAT sequel

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider: The Price of Survival Released

4. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider: The Price of Survival Released Feb 13, 2019, 11:48 Xero

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 13, 2019, 00:45:
I always ask myself if they really expect me to keep a game like that installed, that I finished months ago, just so I can pay and play a short DLC some time in the future? And then after that I do the same thing again?
lol...

This is my dilemma. I already uninstalled the 25+gb(?) game months ago. I had a lot of fun with my time in it but it was all like momentum based. I was enjoying everything and into it ...back then.

Now they drop a DLC maybe worth trying out months later and it's like, do I want to reinstall 25+gb(?) just to play a DLC where I already lost my momentum and "into the game" feeling? I hate it. They honestly don't give a f**k about the gamer's experience when it comes to this DLC stuff most of the time.

I tried doing one of the Rise of the Tomb Raider DLCs and I installed it, just to be like, BLAH/MEH, and uninstalled it rather quickly. It's just stupid.

News Comments > 2018 Steam Awards Results

7. Re: 2018 Steam Awards Results Feb 8, 2019, 23:44 Xero

Wait what? Witcher 3 still winning awards? I'm all for it, but when did it release? lol.

Actually with all the graphic improvement mods out there, it still can compete with the best out there. Besides, the quests/side stories -dialogue is still probably the best I've ever played.

I think a Witcher 4 might be the only thing that could beat it.

News Comments > AMD Radeon VII Reviews

26. Re: AMD Radeon VII Reviews Feb 7, 2019, 17:01 Xero

No Thanks AMD. You were my first CPU when I bought a PC but never got into the graphic cards.

Just that I read waaay too many articles regarding patches specific for AMD cards and games due to glitches/issues. Don't need that in my life.

News Comments > Assassinís Creed III Remastered Next Month

11. Re: Assassinís Creed III Remastered Next Month Feb 7, 2019, 09:33 Xero

This was my first official dive in the AC world and probably the reason it ruined my attempt at just about any other. It came free with a Samsung SSD drive back when they first launched their EVO series. I was so hyped to try it out and was quite bored within the probably 3 hours I gave it, if even that.

On another note, I was enjoying the play time with AC Odyssey while Google provided that free streaming test. Those assholes still never hooked me up with a free copy!

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Band of Bastards DLC Delivered

5. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Band of Bastards DLC Delivered Feb 6, 2019, 14:47 Xero

I've been on the fence about this game for so long now. I've had it in my wishlist on Steam forever.

I think between all the bug reports and some people like the realism, others don't, it's made me skeptical.

I remember one of the developers at PAX last year say it was Dungeon's without the Dragons, lol.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 3 Left for Dead?

17. Re: Left 4 Dead 3 Left for Dead? Feb 6, 2019, 10:16 Xero

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 6, 2019, 01:14:
Very fond memories of playing L4D. Skipped the second one though. Was burned out on the first game, and it basically came out like 6 months later or something...

Same here. I played the crap out of L4D and was surprised when 2 dropped and thought it could of been an expansion rather than a "2" but they did do enough with it to qualify as a "2" in the end. I also had a lot of fun with "2" but definitely not as much as the first as I did too much of the first to the point where it was easy to get bored of "2" quickly.

Still, I was dying for a part 3 with a new engine. Sad to see it never happened. Oh well, just add this to the list of part "3" that Valve can't get off the ground (ahem Portal!)

News Comments > Morning Patches

2. Re: Morning Patches Feb 5, 2019, 14:41 Xero

Damn these first person view mods. They make it so stressful to decide how I want to play through it.

The Evil Within 2 had that option as well and it was done quite well. Ultimately I stuck with the 3rd person aspect. Especially because you can angle the camera to see around corners, but it was still real good in FPS as well.

RE2 is probably just as good if not even better in first person. Damn!

News Comments > Steam Top 10

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 4, 2019, 10:21 Xero

I tried hard to get into these survival based games such as No Mans Sky and Subnautica. They are just not for me.

It's like, get this to make that, to get more of this, to make that, and then make more of this, to make more of that, so you can finally do this. Yeah f**k that. Nobody got time for that grind in life.

Graphically, both look amazing, and I'm sure once you really get deep into them, they both open up and become more than just a grind, but the initial start is so damn slow and grindy, yeah nope. Not for me.

With that out of the way, I'm having a BLAST with RE2. I played RE2 so many damn times when I was younger and then let it disappear out of memory. Playing this, some of it has come back to me while a lot of it is like, holy crap I don't remember this ever in the original. Great game.

News Comments > Boycott May Cause Next Metro Game to Skip PC

115. Re: Boycott May Cause Next Metro Game to Skip PC Feb 4, 2019, 10:07 Xero

To me, it all comes down to having all these damn gaming services installed, running together. Multiple friends lists, multiple notifications, multiple achievements in different services, multiple locations of installations of files.

I mean yeah, in the end, it's probably nothing to get bitchy about, but for the OCDs in us, we like keeping everything under one umbrella, lol.

I don't care about this game, so I don't care what happens with it and the service it's on, I'm just chiming in on the overall picture, lol.

Yes, I've become a Steam whore. But it's also because 95% of my games are sitting on that platform...

2072 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >