Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1965 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Prodeus Announced
2. Re: Prodeus Announced Nov 26, 2018, 13:24 Xero

So... where do I insert my money to play this RIGHT NOW????!!!  

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
5. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Nov 23, 2018, 14:48 Xero

lol, free fly. It means log in to get tempted into throwing more money at them.

They are getting real good at this.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2

News Comments > No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow
30. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 21, 2018, 19:50 Xero

I'm glad they are throwing all these free updates out there. Since I bought it, I gave it some play time but then got burnt out and I was barely anywhere I think.

At least when I get the urge to get back to it, I'll be all patched up with plenty of additional content and fixes.

Overall, I can't say I am bitter with the company because I never picked up the game at launch or soon after. No, I just picked it up a few months ago so I didn't deal with the broken promises.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Nov 21, 2018, 19:17 Xero

Hellblade has been quite frustrating game. It started out good but then it felt like a tedious walking simulator made more frustrating by her animation where she appears to be running but not fast enough.

The combat was obviously lackluster and becomes too easy when you find that you can trick almost all enemies into the slip and dodge, attack, slip and dodge.

Regardless, I'll install this patch, fire it up, see what's up, and then exit, lol.

News Comments > Black Mesa Xen in Q2 2019
18. Re: Black Mesa Xen in Q2 2019 Nov 19, 2018, 14:20 Xero

chickenboo wrote on Nov 19, 2018, 12:37:
I'm as anti-Pre-Purchase as they come. I tend to avoid Early Access titles and prefer playing the game on official release in the state the developers intended the game to be played as v1.0. Last year, however, I caved on Black Mesa: it was like $8.49 and I wanted a new playthrough of HL1. It blew me away how great it was, though! They really captured the spirit of the original, only fire fights are better now, the visuals improved, the AI somehow even fiercer. The moment I got to the city street level with the army fighting the Xen creatures and being caught in the crossfire, I was convinced, the team behind this game know what they're doing.

I don't regret this Early Access purchase, even though it goes against my personal views of not to buy until it's done. I'm also eagerly awaiting Xen, as I personally enjoyed those levels of the original game. This trailer makes it look great and I fully intend on playing through Xen on the big screen TV, Steam Controller in hand, all lights off.

Honestly you just reminded me that the AI was probably the weakest aspect of this and it's not entirely surprising as AI is one of the trickier aspects to duplicate of a previous game made by top professionals. The AI in Black Mesa was kind of weak.

News Comments > Black Mesa Xen in Q2 2019
4. Re: Black Mesa Xen in Q2 2019 Nov 19, 2018, 10:30 Xero

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 19, 2018, 10:21:
Xen a.k.a the turning point when HL turned from a pretty decent FPS into a completely retarded jump & run shitfest.

It's no surprise they are taking so long with that garbage part of the game. I would also be less than enthused to be working on that crap.

lol, then you should really pick up Black Mesa just to play it up until that point. The game literally goes like dark once you reach the XEN portion and is like, coming soon...

I had a fun time playing it through all the way even after playing the original Half-Life hours on end back when it released. Surprisingly I never made it as far as I did in the original than I did with the Black Mesa remake. It just played real well and the extra details were nice. GREAT SOUNDTRACK.

I was not looking forward to the Xen portion but I'll probably re-install and play it just to complete the entire game fully once this releases. I also wasn't too excited about the Xen world. It definitely was creepier within Black Mesa.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $200M
11. Re: Star Citizen Passes $200M Nov 17, 2018, 14:05 Xero

Roberts taking your money all the way until his retirement, rofl.  

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Nov 15, 2018, 14:16 Xero

I swear, the voice over for the girl in the game is the same one in the current Shadows of the Tomb Raider. They sound IDENTICAL. At least from what I could remember from like 18 years ago. I still own Trespasser on disc. Even the box I think.

It was highly unique for it's time. The box art showed these insane graphics that nearly no one could power with a PC at that time, lol. I still had a blast despite lots of bugs, hilarious arm control, and just plenty of wtf moments. Try aiming a gun with no iron sights and literally having to position the arm in the correct posture to make sure you fire um, straight. lol. It was hilarious.

Despite all of it, it was fun luring different species dinosaurs towards each other and watching them duke it out while you hide. Seeing a T-Rex roaming the open world was exhilarating for it's time.

But yeah, if only a proper Trespasser could be made nowadays. I always said, the Far Cry engine would be perfect for it. I was so disappointed with Far Cry Primal. We need that but like, in the JP world...

News Comments > The Textorcist Announced
1. Re: The Textorcist Announced Nov 15, 2018, 14:03 Xero

After having a blast with Epistory Typing Chronicles, this may have actually peaked my interest. I gotta admit though, EpiStory was a very unique take on a typing game. I don't think we'll ever see something like it again outside of a part 2 by the same developers.  

News Comments > Command & Conquer Remaster Details
20. Re: Command & Conquer Remaster Details Nov 15, 2018, 10:59 Xero

lol, of course EA would follow Blizzard's remake all the classics now. Easy work. The gameplay is already there, only need to work on graphic/sound enhancements and done deal. The product sells itself.

While I probably would have no object to a C&C Red Alert 2 remaster, I don't care so much about the other ones. Tiberian Sun was my first official RTS game I believe that I owned, but Red Alert 2 officially made me a fan. I put countless hours into that game until Warcraft 3 eventually hit and became my newest obsession.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
10. Re: New GeForce Drivers Nov 14, 2018, 15:04 Xero

It may be part of the MS update at the same time and yes this is like the second Nvidia update in 5 days. Really annoying. Their drivers are the size of older games now. It's nuts.

I hate installing them.

7. Re: New GeForce Drivers Nov 14, 2018, 13:28 Xero

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 14, 2018, 11:37:
Xero wrote on Nov 14, 2018, 11:08:
I installed this driver last night and immediately had issues in Shadow of Tomb Raider where it would get hiccups in the game. I'd get sudden pauses out of no where. Never had that prior. Just a warning.

What card and DirectX 11 or 12 dude? And have you tried switching between modes to see if there is a difference?

Need MOAR INFO ya know?!

DirectX 12 and 1070ti. I think it had something to do with the sound though causing it. I changed my sound mode to 7.1 vs it was on Stereo before and it appeared to get rid of the stutter. Not sure what they changed but I had zero issues prior and these were same areas of the game I had been to before without issue so it's not like I just encountered something new from a new location.

1. Re: New GeForce Drivers Nov 14, 2018, 11:08 Xero

I installed this driver last night and immediately had issues in Shadow of Tomb Raider where it would get hiccups in the game. I'd get sudden pauses out of no where. Never had that prior. Just a warning.  

News Comments > Cloudpunk Announced
4. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Nov 12, 2018, 14:26 Xero

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 12, 2018, 13:39:
Not sure how I feel about the retro graphics, but they nailed the Bladerunner atmosphere.

I do wonder though what Rockstar could do with a Bladerunner license. Hell even without it, I think GTA Cyberpunk style could be kind of awesome.

If there is any company that can challenge CDPR CyberPunk, it is Rockstar. Only they have the team large enough to put together a fully realized world as they've done with GTA and Red Dead. I would totally eat it up also.

Heck, it's about time Rockstar tries something new. Why not get in on the Cyberpunk world? It's a goldmine waiting to pop.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Nov 9, 2018, 17:27 Xero

Ahhh good ole Prima games. I've bought so many of their strategy guides back in my N64 days and maybe even SNES. Not sure if they went back that far but I had some type of guides for SNES.

I remember when I'd get the guide, whether for Turok, Goldeneye or Mortal Kombat Trilogy, by the time the game released, there were alterations done that the guide did not have yet because they begin working on it long before the game comes out.

I can't see how anyone would really buy a guide now other than for collector's purposes. I did that for the giant Witcher 3 book.

Honestly, if Prima just stuck with collectibles or novels, they would probably be better off.

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider The Forge Co-op Trailer
2. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider The Forge Co-op Trailer Nov 9, 2018, 17:06 Xero

I could careless at the moment. Been having a lot of fun in the single player and I just started it.

Personally I'd prefer more Tombs to explore w/puzzles.

News Comments > Rumor: Blizzard Pulled a Diablo 4 Announcement
46. Re: Rumor: Blizzard Pulled a Diablo 4 Announcement Nov 9, 2018, 12:06 Xero

I laugh mostly at everyone that got annoyed that D4 was not announced. Blizzard didn't have to do anything.

So they made an announcement nobody wanted, big deal. You can't expect every BlizzCon for them to drop a hammer with a major release title, it ain't happening.

News Comments > Warcraft III: Reforged Announced
25. Re: Warcraft III: Reforged Announced Nov 9, 2018, 12:02 Xero

MindStalker3 wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 10:29:
Slick wrote on Nov 2, 2018, 20:34:
Oh, and FUCK HEROES in the WC3 main game, I hated them. I'm a macro kinda guy, I hated having to micro some dumb oaf, they were always just a liability to me.

Yeah, this is why I wish they would revamp WC2 more than WC3. I just don't understand the need for Heros.

You clearly didn't get WC3 if you didn't understand the need for heroes. That would be called either WC1, WC2, SC1, or SC2. WC3 is different from all of these because of the heroes and made for more tight nit battles. Every unit was important and you didn't want to let any die including a peasantly Footmen soldier. This is opposite to a game like Starcraft where you send mass waves of expendable units to their doom because you can mass reproduce them quickly. That is what makes them different.

Warcraft 3 an entire battle could be turned around by the hero units when properly managed. This made the battles a lot more intense and required more management on how well you "danced" around your heroes and kept the units alive that supported the hero units. It was highly addictive once you mastered it.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 9, 2018, 09:32 Xero

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 9, 2018, 07:00:
GinRummy wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 12:51:
Do I need to bother if I don't have a 20x0 card? I wish they'd just say that.

usually with a newer gen card, especially with a dramatic core architecture change, i would stay on top of updating the driver more frequently as new issues are worked out.

really depends on whether a game you play got patched or some other core issue.

Fixed Issues in this Release:

[Windows Defender Application Guard][vGPU][Surround]: Edge Browser with Application Guard cannot be opened when Surround is enabled. [200443580]

[Turing GPU]: Multi-monitor idle power draw is very high. [2400161]

[GeForce RTX 2080 Ti][G-Sync]: Blue-screen crash may occur when exiting games when using a G-Sync monitor with a non-G-Sync monitor. [2431628]

[GeForce RTX 2080 Ti]: Stuttering occurs with HEVC video playback. [2414594]

[GeForce GTX 970]: When audio playback is paused, audio receiver switches from multi-channel to stereo. Increased period from 5 seconds to 10 seconds. [2327715]

[GeForce GTX 1060]AV receiver switches to 2-channel stereo mode after 5 seconds of audio idle. [2204857]

[SLI][NVIDIA TITAN X][NVENC]: Recording and streaming of NVENC applications do not work. [2421622]

[DirectX 11 games]: Mouse cursor causes FPS to go out of sync with windowed G-Sync. [2411009]

[ARK Survival]: Improved game stability. [2420789]

[Shadow of the Tomb Raider]: Improved game stability. [2416743]

[Witcher 3 Wild Hunt]: Flickering occurs during gameplay. [200455193]

[Monster Hunter World]: Corruption is seen when Volume Rendering is off. [2400914]

[Far Cry 5]: Flickering occurs during gameplay. [2400207]

This is ALL I care about. So since no specific card is mentioned, it's a general stability improvement regardless of card? On a 1070ti but can always use improvements. Currently having a blast in the game. Worth updating my drivers now while I'm in it if the improvements will come.

EDIT - Just realized Witcher 3 was in there as well. Pretty cool considering the game's age now. I'm not sure I ever experienced flickering but I do have it installed as well working on another playthrough. Good to know they are still fixing what they can.

News Comments > Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry Released
1. Re: Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry Released Nov 8, 2018, 10:07 Xero

I don't know how well this one is but if you need a really good classic LL game, try "Love for Sail". I just recently installed it off the Steam and it runs it perfect with the built in DOS emulator.

It's still as corny and funny as I remembered many years ago. Definitely worth it and even don't feel bad using a walk-through guide just so that you do not miss anything (plenty of Easter Eggs ) and can actually complete the game. It's a fun ride while it lasts.

I have this one on my wish list and may pick it up if the reviews are decent and the price drops.

1965 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo