Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1639 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Footage
7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Footage Sep 13, 2015, 15:51 Xero

lol, reminded me of Tribes. Honestly, it doesn't look all that bad. Did anyone NOT play Star War games in 3rd person in the past? There were a few... Although for this particular game, I would definitely stick with 1st person.

I think the guys playing it just had a typical type of match and it wasn't designed to show off the game per say like the other videos released by EA. Once your in the game and having fun, your videos would look just like this as well, lol.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > First Wonder Trailer
7. Re: First Wonder Trailer Sep 11, 2015, 21:45 Xero

Giants Citizen Kabuto needs a TRUE sequel. It was a fantastic game when it hit and I have some fond memories of it. I even had the damn game pre-ordered for my PC.

First thing that stood out was the very colorful visuals, beyond that it was the awesome gameplay whether 3rd or first person(I favored 3rd in it), and controlling the Giant was awesome in multiplayer.

Remember all the controversy of the nude Reapers? They ended up throwing a bra on the character only to have a nude patch released shortly after, lol

News Comments > The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux
6. Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux Sep 11, 2015, 21:40 Xero

I'm actually shocked because I still think the original looks amazing so I can't imagine redux. I'm still only like 10% into the game so this is perfect. Can't wait to see see just how crazier it can look than it already did.  

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Multiplayer Cut
6. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Multiplayer Cut Sep 6, 2015, 13:51 Xero

Um, not that I even knew it had multi planned to be honest, but I'll take an awesome single player experience ten fold over a sh!tty multi that was just slapped together to do some lame deathmatch just because they wanted an extra feature to throw on the description of what the game provides.

Tomb Raider should always be about the awesome single player and unless they design a CO OP feature around the single player where someone plays Lara and another plays some side kick come along, I can't see multi working for this series in a strict DM, TDM type of way.

News Comments > Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video
17. Re: Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video Sep 5, 2015, 14:20 Xero

*yawn* wake me up when this game is released. Too tired of all it's BS to keep my eyes open right now.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch
22. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 17:36 Xero

*whispers* I bought this last night on the cheapo, hoping for it to finally get patched to completion so I can have a fully playable BAK on the cheapo before prices skyrocket again upon it's re-release.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Rexxar Spotlight
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Rexxar Spotlight Sep 4, 2015, 17:34 Xero

Rexxar was one tough hombre in Warcraft 3. Looks OK here.

Not sure how I feel about HotS these days as I'm wishing just for a Warcraft 4 at this point and in the end, HotS has every hero that WC3 had. Would Blizzard really want to triplicate the heroes again for a Warcraft 4 in addition to the new ones they add?? Has me worried...

News Comments > DOOM SnapMap Trailer
1. Re: DOOM SnapMap Trailer Sep 4, 2015, 17:32 Xero

Look as easy as MSPaint.
I still remember putting my own D3 maps together with just pointless enemies everywhere, guns dropped all over the place. Was total madness that I got stupid joy out of.

This looks a heck of a lot easier though!

News Comments > Turok & Turok 2 PC Remasters Coming
10. Re: Turok & Turok 2 PC Remasters Coming Aug 26, 2015, 21:08 Xero

I got Turok 1 on launch week for N64. Ah the great memories. I remember originally saying, wtf is up with the controls, and then got used to it and wouldn't have an FPS in the N64 any other way.

Turok 2 was awesome in it's own right but I still remember having better times on Turok 1.

Remember the expansion pack they sold for N64 to increase the memory by 4mb and that actually helped Turok 2 run so much smoother? lol

News Comments > On Trine 3's Length and Future
2. Re: On Trine 3's Length and Future Aug 22, 2015, 12:59 Xero

I think the part where there is no upgrading your characters anymore and discovering chests is a major bummer. There was always that enjoyment of level hunting for orbs and chests that made the first two a blast.

In this one, what I hear, you start and end the game with your character exactly the same throughout with no upgrades and improvements. That's a major bummer and shocking they let it release that way.

In all honestly, the full 3D originally caught me by surprise when it was shown the first time and I thought, damn, I actually preferred Trine as an awesome 2D scroller platform game. It's what I felt made it very unique. Taking the game into full 3D puts it back with the rest of every other similar platform game out there.

Really, aside from having the Trine name attached to it, what makes it really stand out at this point from the rest? They didn't cram enough goodness in to it to make it that much different.

Here's hoping 4 (if it ever releases at this point), goes back to basics and they come back to 2D scroller with all that made the first 2 great.

News Comments > Trine 3 Released
7. Re: Trine 3 Released Aug 22, 2015, 11:41 Xero

I've played the first 2 solo and had a blast. Don't see why I won't here...

Looking forward to it when the price drops a tad.

EDIT-The Steam reviews are bashing the game for being too short, too limited, and basically a downgrade from the first two. Not a good sign.

I had high hopes for this game. Not sure I want to give $$$ for a downgrade of the first two considering my hopes are that each one tops the last one. What happened here Frozen Byte???

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 Remake Confirmed
7. Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Confirmed Aug 12, 2015, 22:21 Xero

By the way, after all this RE remake, can I get a DINO CRISIS remake??? HELL YEAH!  

6. Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Confirmed Aug 12, 2015, 22:21 Xero

Dachande wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 17:17:
Finally!!

What puzzles me is why they say they couldn't remake RE2 until now after wasting time on pretty pointless HD remakes of RE 1 and RE 0.

Oh well, better late than never

I don't think the RE1 remake was pointless as it sold a ton of copies so there definitely was an audience for it. I think RE Zero on the other hand is a waste of time and could probably be scrapped to better focus on RE2. Heck, even RE3 Nemesis would be a more worthy remake than Zero.

4. Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Confirmed Aug 12, 2015, 14:16 Xero

Considering they have nothing to go off of besides um you know, the actual original RE2, this gives them great room to use a graphic engine with amazing effects while retaining all of the original's angles and scenes.

Meaning, Resident Evil 1 was remade on Gamecube so the HD import wasn't all that difficult. RE2 has nothing remade in the past so it's a fresh remake (if that makes sense lol).

Bring it on!

News Comments > The International Results
28. Re: The International Results Aug 10, 2015, 07:53 Xero

I don't mind people getting paid for doing something they do really well and entertain others for. I just hate the terms e-Sport or was the other one, e-athletes?

I'm sorry but playing with a mouse and keyboard is not a sport, nor are you an athlete by any stretch of the imagination.

When you don't have to put your body through a grueling exercise to show your physically better than the average Joe and compete at the high level physically in whatever sport your doing, your not an athlete.

Any nerd can pick up a mouse and keyboard and be physically the same. The only difference is how much time you devote to learn the game vs a real athlete who can devote plenty of time to the game, but if he's not physically fit/in shape, it don't mean jack sh!t.

News Comments > Assassinís Creed Syndicate Gameplay Video
7. Re: Assassinís Creed Syndicate Gameplay Video Aug 7, 2015, 15:09 Xero

Maybe, JUST maybe, after this one, AC fades away into obscurity??? Maybe?  

News Comments > Journey of the Light Steam Refunds
5. Re: Journey of the Light Stean Refunds Aug 7, 2015, 09:28 Xero

Man, Valve/Steam needs to seriously review these games before green lighting them. At this point they would green light a pile of sh!t and they wouldn't know.

It's getting worse than the Google Play store.

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
15. Re: Mad Max Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 15:09 Xero

Game comes out right in line with the Fury Road movie hitting DVD/Blu Ray.

I rather pick up the movie and watch it a few hundred times than probably this one.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Trailer
4. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 15:07 Xero

My favorite Russian invasion game still remains to be Freedom Fighters by IO. Good memories.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 HD Hints
4. Re: Resident Evil 2 HD Hints Aug 2, 2015, 21:54 Xero

RE2 was the first PC game I ever paid for. Platinum Edition to be exact!

Still remember buying the game and not having a PC to play it on, lol. I would just stare at the box art and read the manual over a hundred times until my parents finally bought our first PC. I believe that was in 1998.
BTW-If someone wants to buy this copy off me, I still own it including the original box!

1639 Comments. 82 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo