Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1974 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry New Dawn System Specs
9. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 16, 2019, 12:18 Xero

El Pit wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 11:50:
A reskinned FC5 mod? I will buy it when it comes down to $30 or $20.

More like $10, $15 tops for me. For $15, I'd have to hear great things about it.

My biggest problem with all of these Far Cry games is that the formula gets old after you seen it all.

Sometimes all these open world sandbox games fall into the same patterns and this is where a linear based game, with a structured story that keeps you on rails has the advantage.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry New Dawn System Specs
3. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 16, 2019, 11:27 Xero

Isn't this just supposed to be a post apocalyptic version of 5?? Does that mean they are re-using the previous assets with new skins on them?? I don't know, seems odd that they would take the series in this direction. Rage 2 will probably make this irrelevant.

I wish so bad that they would acquire the Jurassic Park license and put out a legit game based on that. The engine would probably pull it off effortlessly.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Odyssey Legacy of the First Blade - Shadow Heritage Released
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Legacy of the First Blade - Shadow Heritage Released Jan 16, 2019, 09:22 Xero

Ok scratch that. I just read the testing went on until January 15th (yesterday) and we will be notified following that date. My question then is why I couldn't log back into it to test further in the first week of January or so...That's why I thought it was over.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Odyssey Legacy of the First Blade - Shadow Heritage Released
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Legacy of the First Blade - Shadow Heritage Released Jan 16, 2019, 09:06 Xero

Google still hasn't hooked me up with the free copy of AC Odyssey following testing their streaming project for over an hour. Crooks!  

News Comments > Can You Actually See Ray Tracing?
10. Re: Can You Actually See Ray Tracing? Jan 15, 2019, 13:00 Xero

I remember watching a video I think IGN put together comparing BFV with Ray tracing enabled vs not. Actually it may have been Nvidia site now that I think about it, rofl. Watching the comparison videos I could hardly see a difference. I mean they had side by side of the same video and the difference was no way worth any type of crazy money.

If you are going to buy one of these newer cards, buy it for the power that you probably don't even need yet, but don't buy it for some gimmicky feature that is nearly impossible to spot and impossible to spot if you didn't know it was there.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 14, 2019, 10:01 Xero

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 13, 2019, 17:10:
Xero wrote on Jan 13, 2019, 16:43:
Not bad when a demo cracks the top 3.
A new bunch of pre-orderers sure to get their feelings smashed.

That might be true however they did at least get a demo before preordering it. It was an awesome demo if I might add and I'll definitely buy it when it takes a price drop. Had a lot of fun in the demo. I just don't think an extra weapon or skin is worth $15+ .

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2019, 16:43 Xero

Not bad when a demo cracks the top 3.  

News Comments > THQ Nordic Reels in Outcast
3. Re: THQ Nordic Reels in Outcast Jan 11, 2019, 17:38 Xero

lol, I'm not exactly sure how much more we need to dive into the universe but I was thoroughly entertained by the remaster. I was actually able to beat it. Something I never managed on the original.  

News Comments > Get What Remains of Edith Finch for Free
2. Re: Get What Remains of Edith Finch for Free Jan 10, 2019, 20:21 Xero

Amazing game! Get it while it's free! Can be beat in under 2 hrs and you won't forget the story anytime soon after.  

News Comments > EVGA NU Audio Card Announced
4. Re: EVGA NU Audio Card Announced Jan 9, 2019, 11:52 Xero

I remember when I installed the Creative Labs Sound Audigy ZX2 I think? What a difference it made in vanilla WoW, lol. All a sudden I could hear the noise of my mount when trotting along, previously unheard without the card. So much other ambiance, it was totally worth it.

Nowadays, I don't want a slot taken up in my PC just for a sound card. We should have mastered amazing sound and have that built into either the GPUs or motherboards similar to no longer requiring the PhysicX card.

I hate having extra things and am more into less is better.

News Comments > The Textorcist Next Month
1. Re: The Textorcist Next Month Jan 9, 2019, 11:48 Xero

Awesome. I actually never thought I would find a typing game fun until playing and beating EpiStory. I had a blast with that game. If you want to test out your new fancy mechanical keyboard, give that a shot.

I'll definitely pick this one up when it comes out.

News Comments > Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required
5. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 8, 2019, 12:03 Xero

EDIT - When I said I don't got time for that, I was mostly referring to coordinating to play an online game with a group of friends. As seen in my sig, I currently play CS GO often and the likes of Warhammer 2 which are obviously multiplayer but I play with a bunch of Randies all the time.  

News Comments > Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required
3. Re: Anthem Specs: Windows 10 Required Jan 8, 2019, 11:33 Xero

What if I don't want to play with friends because I don't got time for that?

Honestly, all these games that run off your connection and as soon as you login you are greeted with news feeds and new challenges for the day, etc. etc. They drive me nuts. I just want to get in, not look at what's available to mine today and just play for a small time and get out. I think I'm turning into a grumpy old man gamer. lol

News Comments > Anthem Alpha Gameplay Video
16. Re: Anthem Alpha Gameplay Video Jan 5, 2019, 11:42 Xero

I don't know why, but I got major Tribes 2 vibes from some of that, lol.  

News Comments > What Remains of Edith Finch Free Next Week
10. Re: What Remains of Edith Finch Free Next Week Jan 4, 2019, 20:18 Xero

Yeah, how about we have permission to DELETE OUR OWN POSTS? lol  

News Comments > Twitch Prime Freebies
1. Re: Twitch Prime Freebies Jan 4, 2019, 11:35 Xero

Out of that list, I own Hotline Miami 1 and 2. Crossing Souls and STRAFE. All of those titles are very good and hella fun.  

3. Re: What Remains of Edith Finch Free Next Week Jan 4, 2019, 11:08 Xero

Sorry for the duplicate post, meant to edit the original...  

2. Re: What Remains of Edith Finch Free Next Week Jan 4, 2019, 11:07 Xero

Xero wrote on Jan 4, 2019, 11:07:
Wow... I mean it was only going for 10 bucks on Steam during the sales. One of the best games I've ever played.

It's short (can easily be completed under 2 hours but expect around 3 hours if you are going to explore every nook and cranny) and proves that storytelling in a game can be right up there with the best of movies.

1. Re: What Remains of Edith Finch Free Next Week Jan 4, 2019, 11:07 Xero

Wow... I mean it was only going for 10 bucks on Steam during the sales. One of the best games I've ever played.

It's short and proves that storytelling in a game can be right up there with the best of movies.

News Comments > Diablo III: The Darkening of Tristram
8. Re: Diablo III: The Darkening of Tristram Jan 4, 2019, 10:09 Xero

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Jan 4, 2019, 00:50:
On a positive note I'm enjoying this now on the platform it was made for - PS4. The auction house self detonation kept me off of it on PC but couch coop is smooth as butter on the sony gaming gnome.

lol the auction house hasn't been around for YEARS. You also cannot say the platform it was made for. It was NEVER made for console. It got babied to be consolefied with the controls.

The game came out on PC back in like 1995 and then part 2, finally 3 many years later. It was always a PC game first, and then console to collect more $$$ for Blizzard's pockets.

1974 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo