Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1735 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Epic's Online Store To Undercut Steam Royalties
4. Re: Epic's Online Store To Undercut Steam Royalties Dec 4, 2018, 11:32 Xero

It's always great to have competition but I do not want multiple platforms installed on my PC.

No joke. I had no idea that Far Cry 4 was sitting installed on my PC for the past 2 years, lol. I never launched the Ubisoft launcher until I just installed Far Cry 5 last week, rofl. It showed me that Far Cry 4 was available to play. I was like, wtf??? I uninstalled it.

Primarily playing ATM: Shadow of Tomb Raider, FarCry 5, Warhammer 2, Shadow Warrior 2.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
3. Re: Sunday Interviews Dec 3, 2018, 09:55 Xero

Creston wrote on Dec 3, 2018, 09:47:
They have other Big weather systems too (one for each biome), but yeah, I agree the tornado gets way too much exposure. Apparently it's going to always be on the map too, which is just silly. Then again, it's Just Cause, so silly is the MO.

I decided to get it, I've always loved the series, even though JC3's map was boring as hit. This looks to at least be more of a return to form of the map of JC2, very different looking bases and biomes etc.

I think it should unload today for preorders.

Yeah I don't doubt I'll end up picking it up eventually even though I did get bored with JC3 at some point. It's just the kind of game that always draws me back at some point. It's a great stress relief when the explosions start to go off and all hell breaks loose

Primarily playing ATM: Shadow of Tomb Raider, FarCry 5, Warhammer 2, Shadow Warrior 2.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
1. Re: Sunday Interviews Dec 3, 2018, 09:34 Xero

I really enjoy the Just Cause series. I had a lot of fun in 3 mostly but I feel this tornado thing is just a gimmick. It's like the big seller for this release. Like honestly, a tornado? lol. I mean whatever sells.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week Earns $7M
19. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Earns $7M Dec 3, 2018, 09:32 Xero

Tavil wrote on Dec 2, 2018, 21:28:
This is like seriously starting to make me angry. Someone needs to put a stop to Chris Roberts and his scam. People evidentially cant protect themselves so someone needs to step in to do it for them. This is a con of massive proportions.

Well if people are still doing it, whose really at fault here at this point? Everyone should know what's up, it's been years. At this point, you blindly don't give a sh!t and are happy to throw your money at it, or you are honestly dumb as bricks if it doesn't turn out how you thought it would.

I laugh all the time reading about this, but Chris Roberts may actually be a genius here. I joked in another thread that the dude will milk this all the way to his retirement, but now I'm not so sure it was a joke. He knows what sells, what keeps people throwing more money at them. He hasn't given a finished product yet and is living like a king. Good for him.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 30, 2018, 15:19 Xero

jdreyer wrote on Nov 30, 2018, 15:03:
Interesting that this new Ultraman is CG Anime, given that the original was live action for decades.

Yep. I used to love that show. That one along with Super Human Samurai Syber Squad.

Had the Ultraman toy too. Mamories...

News Comments > Dragon Age Tease
16. Re: Dragon Age Tease Nov 30, 2018, 10:01 Xero

Loved the first, hated the second, and found the third a tad boring.

Don't know if I care about this series anymore but would be interested to see how a 4th comes out. Not completely writing it off yet as just having an awesome "Origin" and then going to sh!t Har har har.

News Comments > New AMD Drivers & NVIDIA Hotfix
2. Re: New AMD Drivers & NVIDIA Hotfix Nov 30, 2018, 09:59 Xero

Has anyone else experienced sound issues with Shadow of Tomb Raider following the past couple Nvidia Driver releases?

I thought I had resolved it but no. Since getting the second to last Nvidia driver release, I've gotten a decent amount of sound issue where the sound completely goes away and comes back. Otherwise, the performance of the game is solid. Drives me nuts though.

Have no idea wtf it did to affect the sound but it's so annoying. So many updates to stay on top of latest releases but then they f**k up older releases.

News Comments > OVERKILL'S The Walking Dead Gets Season 2 and New Starter Edition
3. Re: OVERKILL'S The Walking Dead Gets Season 2 and New Starter Edition Nov 30, 2018, 09:33 Xero

maddog wrote on Nov 30, 2018, 01:49:
Darks wrote on Nov 29, 2018, 19:38:
All that and still no difficulty changes. The game sucks, its way to hard, the hoard meter is so fucked up its not even funny.

The Devs failed in every aspect of this game and will continue to fail until they really openly listen to what the community has been saying about the damage model and difficulty of the game.

It just was not even enjoyable to play. I gave it about five minutes before I uninstalled. Went back to L4D2.

Too bar really, the graphics looked great. Wish they could do a Left 4 Dead remake in that UE4 engine.

This is what I want. Or cmon Valve!!! Give us L4D3!!!! It will forever be the bar that has yet to be broken regarding these 4 man team undead survival games.

I put so much time into the original and the second. Had a blast. Unfortunately, yeah the graphics aren't holding up as well nowadays with everything else out. I would love a graphic enhancement and they would be right back at the top.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2018, 09:51 Xero

I finally ended up picking up Mafia 3. Can't go wrong for 10.00 bucks and honestly, I can't see how you could even say it's a bad game. The reviews are mixed although more recently Mostly Postive, but I can't see how it was ever bad.

The controls can use some tweaking but overall they are pretty responsive. The combat isn't terrible by any means. There are plenty worse out there.

So far I'm enjoying it and again for 10 bucks you cannot go wrong.
I beat the original Mafia and had a blast. I never finished the second and this one is quite different, but overall, it's a solid series and think the direction they took 3 is a nice take within franchise.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
1. Re: New GeForce Drivers Nov 26, 2018, 22:47 Xero

Nvidia onslaught of new drivers never ends!!!!!! lol.  

News Comments > Prodeus Announced
2. Re: Prodeus Announced Nov 26, 2018, 13:24 Xero

So... where do I insert my money to play this RIGHT NOW????!!!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
5. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Nov 23, 2018, 14:48 Xero

lol, free fly. It means log in to get tempted into throwing more money at them.

They are getting real good at this.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow
30. Re: No Man's Sky Free Visions Update Tomorrow Nov 21, 2018, 19:50 Xero

I'm glad they are throwing all these free updates out there. Since I bought it, I gave it some play time but then got burnt out and I was barely anywhere I think.

At least when I get the urge to get back to it, I'll be all patched up with plenty of additional content and fixes.

Overall, I can't say I am bitter with the company because I never picked up the game at launch or soon after. No, I just picked it up a few months ago so I didn't deal with the broken promises.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Nov 21, 2018, 19:17 Xero

Hellblade has been quite frustrating game. It started out good but then it felt like a tedious walking simulator made more frustrating by her animation where she appears to be running but not fast enough.

The combat was obviously lackluster and becomes too easy when you find that you can trick almost all enemies into the slip and dodge, attack, slip and dodge.

Regardless, I'll install this patch, fire it up, see what's up, and then exit, lol.

News Comments > Black Mesa Xen in Q2 2019
18. Re: Black Mesa Xen in Q2 2019 Nov 19, 2018, 14:20 Xero

chickenboo wrote on Nov 19, 2018, 12:37:
I'm as anti-Pre-Purchase as they come. I tend to avoid Early Access titles and prefer playing the game on official release in the state the developers intended the game to be played as v1.0. Last year, however, I caved on Black Mesa: it was like $8.49 and I wanted a new playthrough of HL1. It blew me away how great it was, though! They really captured the spirit of the original, only fire fights are better now, the visuals improved, the AI somehow even fiercer. The moment I got to the city street level with the army fighting the Xen creatures and being caught in the crossfire, I was convinced, the team behind this game know what they're doing.

I don't regret this Early Access purchase, even though it goes against my personal views of not to buy until it's done. I'm also eagerly awaiting Xen, as I personally enjoyed those levels of the original game. This trailer makes it look great and I fully intend on playing through Xen on the big screen TV, Steam Controller in hand, all lights off.

Honestly you just reminded me that the AI was probably the weakest aspect of this and it's not entirely surprising as AI is one of the trickier aspects to duplicate of a previous game made by top professionals. The AI in Black Mesa was kind of weak.

News Comments > Black Mesa Xen in Q2 2019
4. Re: Black Mesa Xen in Q2 2019 Nov 19, 2018, 10:30 Xero

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 19, 2018, 10:21:
Xen a.k.a the turning point when HL turned from a pretty decent FPS into a completely retarded jump & run shitfest.

It's no surprise they are taking so long with that garbage part of the game. I would also be less than enthused to be working on that crap.

lol, then you should really pick up Black Mesa just to play it up until that point. The game literally goes like dark once you reach the XEN portion and is like, coming soon...

I had a fun time playing it through all the way even after playing the original Half-Life hours on end back when it released. Surprisingly I never made it as far as I did in the original than I did with the Black Mesa remake. It just played real well and the extra details were nice. GREAT SOUNDTRACK.

I was not looking forward to the Xen portion but I'll probably re-install and play it just to complete the entire game fully once this releases. I also wasn't too excited about the Xen world. It definitely was creepier within Black Mesa.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $200M
11. Re: Star Citizen Passes $200M Nov 17, 2018, 14:05 Xero

Roberts taking your money all the way until his retirement, rofl.  

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Nov 15, 2018, 14:16 Xero

I swear, the voice over for the girl in the game is the same one in the current Shadows of the Tomb Raider. They sound IDENTICAL. At least from what I could remember from like 18 years ago. I still own Trespasser on disc. Even the box I think.

It was highly unique for it's time. The box art showed these insane graphics that nearly no one could power with a PC at that time, lol. I still had a blast despite lots of bugs, hilarious arm control, and just plenty of wtf moments. Try aiming a gun with no iron sights and literally having to position the arm in the correct posture to make sure you fire um, straight. lol. It was hilarious.

Despite all of it, it was fun luring different species dinosaurs towards each other and watching them duke it out while you hide. Seeing a T-Rex roaming the open world was exhilarating for it's time.

But yeah, if only a proper Trespasser could be made nowadays. I always said, the Far Cry engine would be perfect for it. I was so disappointed with Far Cry Primal. We need that but like, in the JP world...

News Comments > The Textorcist Announced
1. Re: The Textorcist Announced Nov 15, 2018, 14:03 Xero

After having a blast with Epistory Typing Chronicles, this may have actually peaked my interest. I gotta admit though, EpiStory was a very unique take on a typing game. I don't think we'll ever see something like it again outside of a part 2 by the same developers.  

News Comments > Command & Conquer Remaster Details
20. Re: Command & Conquer Remaster Details Nov 15, 2018, 10:59 Xero

lol, of course EA would follow Blizzard's remake all the classics now. Easy work. The gameplay is already there, only need to work on graphic/sound enhancements and done deal. The product sells itself.

While I probably would have no object to a C&C Red Alert 2 remaster, I don't care so much about the other ones. Tiberian Sun was my first official RTS game I believe that I owned, but Red Alert 2 officially made me a fan. I put countless hours into that game until Warcraft 3 eventually hit and became my newest obsession.

1735 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo