Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1618 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Legion Preorders; Cinematic
5. Re: World of Warcraft: Legion Preorders; Cinematic Nov 7, 2015, 00:49 Xero

Enough WoW!

Give us WC4, make it create a huge story arc, and then, go a head and create WoW2 based off of everything WC4 creates.

The cow is on the floor with it's eyes rolled back and Blizzard is still beating it for more milk.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launch Schedule
3. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launch Schedule Nov 5, 2015, 20:00 Xero

Obviously it wasn't your type of game because those people playing it in 1998 were still playing it until Starcraft 2 launched... Some still didn't want to let it go, so I'm sure you don't get it if you weren't one of those.  

News Comments > Blizzard Updating Older Games for Modern OSes
18. Re: Blizzard Updating Older Games for Modern OSes Nov 4, 2015, 21:27 Xero

I don't think they should resell them because it's not really the way to go just for a graphics/OS overall.

If they want to instead draw more interest into future titles by bringing the classics back, that's a great marketing move if anything.

News Comments > Blizzard Updating Older Games for Modern OSes
13. Re: Blizzard Updating Older Games for Modern OSes Nov 4, 2015, 18:38 Xero

If they mean Diablo 2 at higher resolutions or Warcraft 3 at higher res and Starcraft 2 interface improvements(hotkeys etc.), AWESOME.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds
33. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds Nov 1, 2015, 14:29 Xero

They apologize by offering full refunds up until the end of 2015... Meanwhile Valve is hoping to get the refund rejections issues fixed before the end of 2015...  

News Comments > StarCraft II Legacy of the Void Beta Ending
2. Re: StarCraft II Legacy of the Void Beta Ending Oct 26, 2015, 22:18 Xero

Glad to hear. Couldn't even get my stupid voucher to work Amazon sent me.

Oh well, I didn't preorder the CE for the beta. I just got the other 2 and figure I should keep the collection going, otherwise I really don't have much interest in the game, lol. I definitely have to get back to beating HotS.

I enjoyed SC2 WoL and beat it, but after the year went by, my attention waned and I never fully got into full HotS mode despite playing it a few missions and I'm somewhere in the middle I think.

I'm hoping I can get back to it right before LotV launches so I have a better understanding of just wtf is going on.

Honestly, my once favorite genre of RTS is hanging by the edge of a cliff with SC2 barely keeping me up, if Blizzard would fully focus a WC4 after this, I will be back 100%.

News Comments > Ashes of the Singularity Early Access
1. Re: Ashes of the Singularity Early Access Oct 22, 2015, 20:23 Xero

Man, the more I keep seeing the word Early ACcess, the more I can't help but think are all the players that are having the game experience of a completed game spoiled for them.

By the time the final product releases, your bored of basically alpha/beta testing it for them.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Just Cause 3
5. Re: Gone Gold - Just Cause 3 Oct 22, 2015, 20:21 Xero

I honestly am enjoying the hell out of Mad Max despite it's repetitive nature. I think the visuals along with the enjoyable ground combat keeps me coming back for more.

I never got into the Just Cause games. I think the controls drove me a bit bonkers as I stick with keyboard and it was kind of confusing. Took me out of the game as I was constantly stumbling over which key to press to perform whatever maneuver I needed.

News Comments > Prey for the Gods Revealed
4. Re: Prey for the Gods Revealed Oct 18, 2015, 20:52 Xero

Shadows of the Colossus anyone?  

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Preloads
10. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Preloads Oct 18, 2015, 20:17 Xero

That sucks. WC3 my all time favorite RTS game.

I wish it would get patched to allow higher res with new monitors though as the lower resolution matched with not all that far out of a viewing makes it looks extra low res these days.

Still, in it's prime years, WC3 was the finest RTS out. How I'd love for a WC4 to come out before I'm dead and still keep most of the WC3 gameplay intact.

News Comments > Gauntlet Support Ending; Pre-order Bonuses Freed
3. Re: Gauntlet Support Ending; Pre-order Bonuses Freed Oct 10, 2015, 14:52 Xero

Had a great time with this game pre-patch when it had just released and had a nice community online. Helped me get through a week of pneumonia that kept me bed ridden and at times, able to game on the PC.

Enjoyed every second of it. The new patch while it added a ton of stuff, I'm not sure I've had as good a time as I did with the original release last year.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Announced
28. Re: Far Cry Primal Announced Oct 6, 2015, 21:57 Xero

PHJF wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 21:04:
How could anyone forget Computer Gaming World "Coaster of the Year" winner Trespasser? Then again, I wouldn't even trust that game's disc to hold my beverages.

First off, a lot of the complaints when it released was that nobody could run it due to it's steep requirements at the time. I was even questioned by the EB salesperson when I dropped the box on the counter, asking me if I had a rig that could handle it.

With that aside, you also had a myriad of bugs that plagued it. DESPITE all that, if you did manage to get a grasp of the game and figure out her awkward as f**k arm mechanic, it was an enjoyable game due to the decently believable creature AI at the time and again, physics that were I believe groundbreaking for it's time. You had collision's based on weight and object type which I don't think any game had physics in them the way it did at the time.

Putting that aside, I do understand why it got a bad rep. Doesn't mean nobody couldn't go a head and create the original vision as it was intended.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Announced
26. Re: Far Cry Primal Announced Oct 6, 2015, 20:33 Xero

Man, what the hell is this. Can Ubisoft license the JP IP already and make a SOLID Jurassic Park game? Does ANYONE remember Trespesser??

I still own the CD copy of that game. Can we get a similar idea remake of it with today's technology? Basically, survival style on a dino island with nobody around but the lizards.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Back on Sale This Month
16. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Back on Sale This Month Oct 2, 2015, 23:41 Xero

I got my copy just in time!  

News Comments > Age of Mythology: Tale of the Dragon Announced
3. Re: Age of Mythology: Tale of the Dragon Announced Sep 20, 2015, 11:11 Xero

I enjoyed Age of Mythology a lot for it's time... Now? Not so much, even with the HD edition.

Sounds like this is to help raise money to go on to bigger and better things if it sells well. I'm not sure. It's just really, odd.

News Comments > New Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Animations
6. Re: New Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Animations Sep 17, 2015, 08:59 Xero

Ray Ban wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 17:45:
I read that as Offensive Animations. Now that would be something ...

Your not far off. I actually tried it last night and they are nothing at all to write home about.

Very odd looking animations when moving around and the bomb diffuser is practically an April fools joke. It looks as if the animations were made with LOW polys because they are very off at times and doesn't look smooth at all.

Same with the animation where you take out your gun.

Not impressed at all.

News Comments > Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 Free on Origin
26. Re: Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 Free on Origin Sep 17, 2015, 08:52 Xero

So I got home and couldn't find this anywhere within Origin or the online Origin store to download. Yep, cool EA.

They can't even setup a free promo on an ancient game properly because, keyword, FREE.

News Comments > New Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Animations
3. Re: New Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Animations Sep 16, 2015, 15:45 Xero

Looking forward to this when I get home. I just recently quit CS Go as I was paired up with horrendous players followed by derankers back to back giving me a solid 8 losses in a row.

Didn't know a patch like this was in the works. Definitely something to look forward to. I do hear on the CS GO forums that this does take a significant hit to performance due to the new physic implementations and probably higher poly count on the animations.

News Comments > Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 Free on Origin
17. Re: Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 Free on Origin Sep 16, 2015, 15:42 Xero

RA2 is my all time fav C&C. Waaay too much time with online and skirmishes. Plus I had an enjoyable time with the corny story as when your 15years old, anything is cool.

Probably won't be anything close to what I remembered but for free, I'll take it.

I still own the original RA2 discs and RA2 cardboard box with the twin towers on fire before the box got remade.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Footage
7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Footage Sep 13, 2015, 15:51 Xero

lol, reminded me of Tribes. Honestly, it doesn't look all that bad. Did anyone NOT play Star War games in 3rd person in the past? There were a few... Although for this particular game, I would definitely stick with 1st person.

I think the guys playing it just had a typical type of match and it wasn't designed to show off the game per say like the other videos released by EA. Once your in the game and having fun, your videos would look just like this as well, lol.

1618 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo