Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1516 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 3 Hint?
16. Re: Left 4 Dead 3 Hint? Jul 1, 2016, 08:49 Xero

I would soooo be all over this. Heck, I'd be all over L4D2 I think if it was on an updated engine at this point. I do miss my L4D fix. Played the hell out of both games.

You got to admit though, nowadays, Source looks like arse. I still remember when Source was first shown as a tech demo and it blew everyone's mind. I showed a buddy and he immediately dropped his console stuff to join the PC world. He never looked back since.

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Counter Strike Go, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 27, 2016, 12:55 Xero

Watching the soccer games that were going on the past couple weeks made me realize just how more lamer eSports are. However if someone spends a long time to master anything, I suppose it should be respected.

I think the biggest issue here is that the gamer is mastering something that he actually has zero control over. The rules and variables involved of skill are all programmer controlled. They can change anything they want which could render your skill useless. As opposed to learning a skill such as, I don't know, juggling a ball. It looks impressive and you have full control over it.

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Counter Strike Go, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Beta, Battlefield 4, Gauntlet, Red Faction Guerrilla, BioShock Infinity, Thief, Shadows of Mordor

News Comments > LIMBO for Free
8. Re: LIMBO for Free Jun 22, 2016, 13:25 Xero

Surprised considering Steam Sales is right around the corner that they would let anything go for free. Trying to compete with Origin with the giveaways at this point?

Either way, it's a great game worth little money or not. In other words, I paid for it (I think 5 bucks years ago), and do not feel bad at all if it's free at this point.

I did beat it, a long with the plenty of deaths that went a long with it. But it was a heck of a way to die each time

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Second Assault for Free
1. Re: Battlefield 4 Second Assault for Free Jun 22, 2016, 08:16 Xero

Disgarding this, Origin does actually have a NICE freebie out of all the garbage they usually drop you.
NOX. Anyone remember that? I still remember owning the disc copy.
To my surprise when I went to download this freebie I saw that and immediately grabbed it.Fired up problem free. Classic game.

News Comments > DOOM Demo Extended
31. Re: DOOM Demo Extended Jun 21, 2016, 16:39 Xero

I completely forgot this demo was available this past weekend. Just to think, I had moments where I was wondering wtf to do and I had no idea i could of tried this out :/  

News Comments > Styx: Shards of Darkness Trailer
2. Re: Styx: Shards of Darkness Trailer Jun 9, 2016, 18:00 Xero

I still have the original Styx and haven't gotten far enough. It looked nice graphically but the game play was kind of simplistic/annoying stealth. Annoying in that sometimes you were seen when you thought you wouldn't be.

I'm not sure I'm eager to return to the world anytime soon.

News Comments > Just Cause 3: MECH LAND ASSAULT Early Launch
5. Re: Just Cause 3: MECH LAND ASSAULT Early Launch Jun 3, 2016, 15:34 Xero

I definitely enjoyed JC3 the most of the series, however I have grown a bit tired of it and still aren't even close to finishing it. This mech in the video looks kind of corny. Sliding around on wheels? I would of liked more leg movement action to feel more mech like. But whatever, I doubt I'll ever get around to getting this as I'm no where near finished with the original.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Expansion Next Week
3. Re: Just Cause 3 Expansion Next Week May 31, 2016, 16:53 Xero

Yeah, surprising, for all the open world and crazyness of the game, I found the bug count pretty low. Can't recall any specific that I encountered. However the game does still take a decent amount of time to load and that prevents me from jumping into it for a quick session.

I did get a little tired of it however, as it does get a bit boring when it's the same raid and capture town over and over with unlimited spawning enemies until you destroy everything needed.

News Comments > OUTCAST - Second Contact Announced
10. Re: OUTCAST - Second Contact Announced May 30, 2016, 10:08 Xero

Nuhauser wrote on May 30, 2016, 03:39:
Outcast is one of my all time favourites. The Voxel based engine was a complete anomaly that ran well on many different kinds of hardware without dedicated GPUs, which definitely contributed to its success. However, I can't help but think of it as a product of its time. Even with updated 3d graphics, I don't think the gameplay is going to stand up well to modern comparisons.

It's game play can stand up as long as they modernize it a bit. This isn't a graphic over hull of the original as they already did that. This is a remake of the original which means they can do whatever the hell they want to modernize the game play and well, everything. The only things that should remain intact really is the story and everything that goes with it.

BTW- I still have the original on disc and the huge box that PC games were known for, lol. Make me an offer, and it's yours!

News Comments > OUTCAST - Second Contact Announced
2. Re: OUTCAST - Second Contact Announced May 30, 2016, 00:21 Xero

I had a blast with this game back in the day. The music was epic.  

News Comments > Mafia III Trailer
10. Re: Mafia III Trailer May 29, 2016, 10:22 Xero

The trailer wasn't all that appealing, however I have no doubt this game is going to be great. The team has had plenty of time to work on this and I feel they inject all that they can in their Mafia games before releasing them, with no stone left unturned.

What you basically get each Mafia release is an updated graphic engine, with as much as they could put in to the game storywise to provide you with practically a feature film gangster/mafia movie.

Who knows, the graphics we saw here might be from the console version. Mafia was never #1 on graphics either way. It's story was what carried them.

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend
11. Re: Morning Mobilization May 27, 2016, 09:48 Xero

Agent.X7 wrote on May 26, 2016, 23:59:
Pretty fun. LFD in the Warhammer universe. The price it's at now is probably as much as I'd pay though.

Yeah there was a time where L4D took up all of my time. I was hooked to the game. I was amazing how many times you can repeat the same campaigns over and over and not get tired of them.
L4D2 was just as good, however it didn't maintain the same sticking time as L4D1 did. I think L4D2 the maps felt larger or took longer to beat and that may have been why. That or they just weren't as inspiring as the first game and I lost interest quicker.

This game looks similar, however I don't know how long it will keep my attention for. 17 bucks doesn't look like a bad price point for this type of game though.

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend
6. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend May 26, 2016, 22:59 Xero

I never heard of this until now.

Watched some gameplay videos and it looks quite fun. Looks like a medieval fantasy Left for Dead. Not sure that's so much of a bad thing. Just wondering how the hell I never heard of this before... I suppose I'll wait for an additional price drop although by then, probably won't be able to find anyone left to play with...

News Comments > King's Quest Episode One Free
3. Re: King's Quest Episode One Free May 18, 2016, 12:18 Xero

Yeah I was just going to mention. I paid for the first one, and haven't got the new ones yet but was planning on it.

Now your saying, the first one is free so that I CAN pay for the other ones?

Damn, I hate the way business works.

News Comments > Shadwen Released
2. Re: Shadwen Released May 17, 2016, 16:56 Xero

I wonder if it improved at all since the first gameplay release they revealed. That was horrendously bad and made me question how the hell it was from the same company as Trine.

Will have to check out the video above later. At work.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Dates Leaked?
20. Re: Steam Summer Sale Dates Leaked? May 16, 2016, 17:53 Xero

jdreyer wrote on May 16, 2016, 16:17:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 16, 2016, 11:03:
The last few years Steam Sales have been kinda crappy. Games have been cheaper elsewhere.
Besides I have so many games I got no time to play I am not aching to buy anything new atm.

This pretty much. Also, less and less time.

And less energy to learn something new. When I sit down for an hour of gaming at night, I find myself playing old favs as opposed to spending the effort to learn something new.

Over saturated market.

News Comments > DOOM Released
61. Re: Morning Mobilization May 13, 2016, 16:38 Xero

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on May 13, 2016, 15:56:
Xero wrote on May 13, 2016, 13:03:
While I have disposable income these days, I still can't justify the high prices at times when I have other priorities to pay for such as I don't know... RENT, car payment, student loan, electric, phone, FOOD, etc. It makes it hard at times to include full priced games, but it's what I enjoy. Gaming. Does that mean I should be excluded because I can't afford to pay full price at times?

I wasn't aware we were all entitled to the luxury items that we want regardless of our ability to pay. I should try that tactic when I replace my car in a few years and see if I can leverage my used Corolla budget to get a new Porsche.

Were not talking about jacking a Porsche here. Paying 60 vs paying let's say 20 or 30 is a big difference when you see what you can buy at a lower income with that 30 or 40 your saving. Food, gas, a utility bill.

Some people at the higher bracket would never understand that because they never had to deal with it and feel nobody lives like that.

News Comments > DOOM Released
35. Re: DOOM Released May 13, 2016, 13:03 Xero

Slick wrote on May 13, 2016, 12:25:
Darks wrote on May 13, 2016, 12:09:
ItBurn wrote on May 13, 2016, 11:26:
When you buy your games on these shady sites with huge discounts, you have to understand that you're shooting yourself in the foot. The developers get less money per sale and this affects the frequency and quality of games of that type. Vote with your wallet. Encourage the devs and games you like... I understand that these publishers aren't panhandlers and that you're not rich, but you're still affecting the game industry.

The developer can kiss my ass. I have no sympathy for them when they take short cuts on games and give you a half assed game that's last around 5 to 6 hours. Sorry but you are barking up the wrong tree here pal.

Well. You're reasoning in this case is utter bullshit because this particular game seems like the developers really gave what the gaming public wanted from a DOOM game. so saying "screw the devs" buys you no clout in here.

However, I do frequent the grey market, because if you think that the developer is getting less money because of the grey market, I'd first look at their publisher's take-home, their online distributor's take-home, before you look at 30% reduced revenue from a grey market site.

If you really been heartwrenched about not giving devs a proper cut, just mail them a cheque directly for the full price of the game, it will be 20x more effective than buying on Steam. I used to pirate a lot of games when I was uber poor, and always felt shitty about it, it's nice now that I have some disposable income sometimes that there's a way I can still buy games legitimately without putting me in the poor house. fucking $79.99 CAD, with tax in my province it's about $93 for a fucking game. If grey market sites didn't exist, I highly doubt any singleplayer game would ever get a dime from me.

lol, I feel this guy.

While I have disposable income these days, I still can't justify the high prices at times when I have other priorities to pay for such as I don't know... RENT, car payment, student loan, electric, phone, FOOD, etc. It makes it hard at times to include full priced games, but it's what I enjoy. Gaming. Does that mean I should be excluded because I can't afford to pay full price at times?

I used to pirate back in the day but it was for the reason being that I simply had no money. Now that I do, I never pirate, however paying full price is even a burden these days. You almost need price brackets just for gaming because you have your "child" gamers, "rich adult gamers" and "poor/midclass adult gamers" that find it hard to put out the extra $$$.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline Free DLC
2. Re: Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline Free DLC May 4, 2016, 10:53 Xero

EA are scummy. Anything they give out for free should not be considered a huge act of generosity but rather them letting go of "junk" or a way of advertising a new product that will bring them more $$$.

News Comments > DOOM Single-Player Video
55. Re: DOOM Single-Player Video Apr 29, 2016, 17:59 Xero

You guys want a true Doom feeling sequel, grab yourself a FREE copy of Brutal Doom (provided you have one of the older Doom games on Steam), and enjoy.
It's so damn fast, fluid, gory as hell, and well, it's DOOM. Incredibly addicting due to the modern updated FPS controls and speed at which you mow down hordes of Demons.
If they charged for it, I would of happily paid.

1516 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo