Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1553 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Feb 19, 2017, 19:41 Xero

That sucks that they abandoned the original plan to update the S6-S6 Edge with this as well. I believe the S6 is perfectly potent enough to handle the upgraded OS. It's a beast of a phone.  

Currently playing: Counter Strike Go, The Witcher 3, Shadow Tactics
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti Confirmed?
13. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti Confirmed? Feb 19, 2017, 18:23 Xero

Confirm anything!!! I just want some price drops already on the 1070!  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 9, 2017, 11:27 Xero

descender wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 09:58:
T-Mobile, Verizon Now Tied in Network Speed, Coverage

in cities

Every goddamn cell provider works "in cities". It's rural coverage and speed that matter and T-Mobile is horrendous compared to ATT/Verizon for that.

Oh, is that so? I sit here in Lawrenceburg, TN. Total bumble f*k out here. My supervisor I'm riding with his AT&T, and others are using Verizon that work at this site. Me and one other dude are on T-mobile and are the only ones with signal here. In fact my supervisor was complaining of barely having 1 4G bar the airport in TN while I had full 5 bars, 4G service.

Don't you realize, if the income is lower, your probably going to be using T-mobile, thus causing T-mobile to have better service in the areas where income is tighter. At the same time, their metro coverage is awesome. I've honestly been nothing but blown away by T-Mobile since I switched from crappy ole Sprintz.

News Comments > Fallout 4 High-Resolution Textures
34. Re: Fallout 4 High-Resolution Textures Feb 7, 2017, 21:02 Xero

I don't have this game but was curious to see what all the fuss was about. After viewing this video, I'm honestly shocked at the amount of space they are asking when I could not tell a difference from vanilla to hd...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NwJDIP_PMc

Crazy.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 1, 2017, 10:31 Xero

S7... *SIGH* So much for the S6 ever getting this update after it had been rumored for awhile.

I guess all the more reason to finally switch to the S8 when it drops. MY biggest gripe with the 6 is the battery blows.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend
4. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Jan 30, 2017, 21:57 Xero

Is it that bad? I have buddies at work keep pushing me to get on it, and friends outside of work also. I've been hesitant due to like the 50gb installation I heard and then you need to buy characters because it's almost impossible to earn the in-game currency to do so. At least from what I hear... I have the cdkey just sitting around for weeks now.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Server and Mod Support Details
5. Re: Conan Exiles Server and Mod Support Details Jan 13, 2017, 16:36 Xero

Kxmode wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 13:22:
Perhaps the 10,000 banned Koreans can play Conan Exiles. See what I did there?

lol, I approve of this message.

News Comments > DiRT Showdown for Free
19. Re: DiRT Showdown for Free Jan 13, 2017, 11:27 Xero

Dacote wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 10:46:
Xero wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 10:24:
These days, freebie games are typically sh!t and only used as a gimmick to get you tied to the site in some way. Either on their mailing lists, using their application, or something along those lines. For them, giving away a game that is probably worth 1.50-2.00 is worth associating you to a weekly mailer that might get future buys or their application installed which is even a bigger win for them (Origin).
Because no one has ever, in the history of the internet, used the unsubscribe feature, deleted an email w/out reading it or set up a spam filter.

Nefarious free games are nefarious.

What will they think of next, free bacon cheese samples in the grocery store to entice you into purchasing some. Oh the horror.

Of course you can do that. I'm just stating what their goal is with these freebies. A sh!t bait and hook.

News Comments > 10,000 Overwatch Bans in Korea
3. Re: 10,000 Overwatch Bans in Korea Jan 13, 2017, 11:21 Xero

I never understood a cheater's mindset outside of disrupting other player's fun.

If they think they can move on to some high level ranking, be recruited by a clan, and then for e-Sports, get real.

When you get to the level where people can watch your screen with you, what you gonna do then? Show your lack of legit skill?

Sad ass players.

News Comments > DiRT Showdown for Free
17. Re: DiRT Showdown for Free Jan 13, 2017, 10:24 Xero

These days, freebie games are typically sh!t and only used as a gimmick to get you tied to the site in some way. Either on their mailing lists, using their application, or something along those lines. For them, giving away a game that is probably worth 1.50-2.00 is worth associating you to a weekly mailer that might get future buys or their application installed which is even a bigger win for them (Origin).

News Comments > Morning Patches
3. Re: Morning Patches Jan 11, 2017, 11:47 Xero

Brutal Doom 64 is disappointing compared to the original Brutal Doom. I feel almost like it's just an updated version of Doom 64 in regards to textures or something. Doesn't have the raw run and gun gameplay additions that Brutal Doom contains.  

News Comments > For Honor Closed Beta This Month
2. Re: For Honor Closed Beta This Month Jan 11, 2017, 08:44 Xero

Quinn wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 01:40:
I signed up for this early last weekend. I think the game will be similar in stroy-telling as games like The Cursed Crusade and so will be awfully linear and maybe even incredibly shallow.
I am however bored out of my nuts lately so hell, looking forward to this nevertheless.

If you ever played the Joan of Arc game back in I wanna say early 2000s, I believe this game's premise was inspired by that one. You basically had an army that you would be able to assign orders to as far as attacking or staying back, and you would control Joan in 3rd person or first as you assault a castle/village to overtake it. Was ahead of it's time I believe and probably wasn't all that well received but I had a good time with it. You can still catch it on STEAM.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 10, 2017, 16:52 Xero

Dr donkles wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 15:41:
Nintendo knew what they were doing. They saw the retro pi market, and figured they could sell a cooler version of it themself.

Sure, they don't tell you to root it and run your own roms, but they surely knew that would happen. Looks like they even encourage it with this news.

Exactly. Nintendo, Sega, etc. They all know their games can be downloaded and ran off emulators a multitude of ways. This is about getting these ROMS to the casual fans or diehard fans that would buy it regardless that they know they can get these titles through other means.

I have a Sega emulator for my dreamcast that has every game made, but would probably buy this same thing if Sega dropped one in a heart beat. Hell, SNES, I'd pay a lot to have an SNES knock off loaded with the Donkey Kong Country series, Yoshi's Island, and Super Mario World, lol.

These can easily be dropped to the masses for easy money. Especially if they make them easily compatible on newer TVs.

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 biohazard Film Tie-in for Consoles
6. Re: Resident Evil 7 biohazard Film Tie-in for Consoles Jan 10, 2017, 11:23 Xero

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 10:41:
Dentorro wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 10:22:
not saying these movies are timeless classics or anything, but beeing a fan of zombie movies/games and stuff, I think these are worth watching, seen a lot worse movies with better reviews.

I'll give the first film some credit for being alright in spite of having its fair share of eye-rolling moments because Milla is an awful actress when she's given more lines than "multipass" but it went completely off the rails from that point on. The second film was nostalgic for all the wrong reasons but once it hit the third film and turned in to Mad Maxine with psychic powers I just shut it off and walked away from the franchise.

lol, I can never get over the laser room scene, where the black dude gets sliced up into hundreds of little cubes. I tell myself, there is room in the back to hide safely where the laser doesn't travel along the wall! CMON!!!!! GET OVER THERE!!!!! lol

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jan 10, 2017, 10:34 Xero

I have the original be quite! Pure Rock CPU cooler and it's still an awesome cooler to this day. I've made sure to perform routine dust cleanings of my PC to prevent any dust build up on the heat sink or the fan blades, and it still looks like the day I installed it. Looks great from my PC case window.

On the performance side, I believe it's still effectively dispersing the heat off the CPU as the day I installed it which is almost 2 years ago. I idle around 27 and during gaming, it get to around 55. My buddies new Cosair water cooling only drops his CPU idle 2 lower than mine so I believe it's quite impressive and during high loads, it sees similar temps to mine.

I would definitely look into getting another one for my future build.

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 biohazard Film Tie-in for Consoles
3. Re: Resident Evil 7 biohazard Film Tie-in for Consoles Jan 10, 2017, 10:29 Xero

I remember enjoying the first RE movie on my PC shortly after it was released, and then I think missed the sequel. I then caught I think the 3rd movie in the theater on a movie date with this hottie and couldn't tell you 1 thing that happened in the movie as I didn't pay attention to one thing during it, lol. I never cared to try and re-watch it either. Absolutely no interest in this series really.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Trailer
16. Re: Conan Exiles Trailer Jan 6, 2017, 19:41 Xero

I don't know, this game looks like it's 7 years too late or 7 years too old.  

News Comments > Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP
12. Re: Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP Jan 3, 2017, 22:37 Xero

Haha, going back to the days of downloading RIPS, Project IGI was one of them. It used an airplane simulator graphic engine to allow the larger open outdoor environment that by today's standards obviously looks like ass, lol.

I had OK fun with the game. Wasn't my favorite shooter, but it was something at that time.

People that mentioned Soldier of Fortune and NOLF, WORD UP. I had Soldier of Fortune pre-ordered the day after I downloaded the demo on my 56k modem that took me all day and I beat it.

NOLF I was just talking about the other day after watching Austin Powers Spy Who Shagged Me, on TV. Man, I wish they would bring that back. If anyone can do it, Flying Wild Hog - Shadow Warrior 2 peeps. They got the humor in Shadow Warrior occasionally. I think they can go balls out with a NOLF 3 game.

News Comments > 8-Bit Invaders! Released
1. Re: 8-Bit Invaders! Released Dec 17, 2016, 19:52 Xero

I was familiar with 8bit Armies and had no idea they did 8Bit Hordes or that this was coming out. Pretty cool idea. Obvious nod to Starcraft with this one and Horde was Warcraft. One of my favorite games ever. Might have to pick that one up. Still haven't picked up Armies though.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Dec 11, 2016, 18:17 Xero

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 17:44:
Shadow Tactics looks pretty interesting. Anyone played it?

I'm highly interested in it. Was a Commandos fanatic back in the day and even had a blast with Desperados back then.

Had no idea about Shadow Tactics and it seems like it came out of nowhere. I'm certainly going to pick it up once it gets a price drop.

1553 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo