Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1996 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Commandos 2 HD & Praetorians HD Beta Access with Preorders

2. Re: Commandos 2 HD & Praetorians HD Beta Access with Preorders Nov 13, 2019, 13:28 Xero

Wait, wtf? Your going to beta test a game that's already been out for years to basically test the new "improvements"? Hmmm, not sure this makes too much sense.

I definitely want to pick up the game but would definitely avoid any type of testing and rather play the original game, lol.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Google Stadia Launch Lineup

22. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 17:17 Xero

I wonder if you play MK11 multi-player online if you'll get double lag. One for the first output of using the service and then another for the standard lag you get when playing online.That slight delay should definitely give you a disadvantage.  

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2

21. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 10:54 Xero

El Pit wrote on Nov 12, 2019, 03:19:
So, you pay for the service and seperately for each game? Well, at least you don't have to pay a monthly fee for using GOG, Steam, UPlay, Origin, Epic, and all the others... YET.

Wait, you mean, after I've bought over 4 grand in games from Steam, they're going to hold them hostage unless I pay them a monthly fee?

Yeah, I don't think that'll ever sit well. Forget the legal technicalities, Valve better be ready for the horde that will invade their office in arms.

I can't imagine that ever a thing because Steam is just a store ultimately. It's a method to purchase your games online and have them in a neat library. They are already making the $$$ there. Them adding some type of monthly user fee without adding increased benefits (Amazon Prime), would be the death of them.

News Comments > Age of Empires IV Release Date Reveal This Week?

1. Re: Age of Empires IV Release Date Reveal This Week? Nov 11, 2019, 21:53 Xero

Um, how does this not have any comments? Wtf? One of the all time best selling RTS games in history is finally getting a 4th sequel and not a word in the comments? *SIGH*  

News Comments > Evening Interviews

2. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 11, 2019, 21:47 Xero

The man wants boobs he can feel.  

4. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 11, 2019, 21:46 Xero

I beta tested this service with Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Didn't jive well with me. The slight lag although minimal is still there. I don't see how they can ever get around that. Also, while it looked real good, it still didn't look as good as playing it running through my own graphic card. There is slight pixelation because it's coming through a secondary output.

After testing, they gave me the actual copy of ACO so I immediately installed it on my own rig to see how it fared. It was like a night and day experience. I enjoyed it so much more on my own PC.

However, if you broke as F**K, this is a nice alternative for you than buying your own PC stuff and putting it together.

News Comments > Diablo IV Leak Revisited

21. Re: Diablo IV Leak Revisited Nov 11, 2019, 20:42 Xero

I don't get how some of you responded to my post that D4 is basically D2. No way it's not. You clearly didn't play D2 then and are just going by the fanboy talk that said, oh yeah, it's darker! It's back to D2. No. D2 was NOT MMO based. It did NOT need online only if you wanted to play solo/offline.

This is clearly not D2 and if you think so just because it's darker, your kidding yourself. All they did was take the ART back into that darker direction, but the game itself is not going to be anything like D2. THUS why they could have still done the remaster. It would not have cut into their own profits of D4 because people will still buy D4 no matter what. They'll also buy D2 whether it was a preorder bonus or sold stand alone after D4 launch.

If you ever played D2, you would have bought the remaster more than likely whether D4 existed or not (granted you enjoyed D2).

I also agree with whoever mentioned D2 and D3 was total sh!tfests at launch. D2 took tons of patches before it became it's "legendary(?)" status. D3 was a mess beyond all hell. A mess to the point of the game director losing his mind and going off. D4 will be the same. Guaranteed you will probably be stuck in a queue trying to get in on launch day. Didn't have that with D2...

News Comments > Diablo IV Leak Revisited

13. Re: Diablo IV Leak Revisited Nov 11, 2019, 16:30 Xero

"Diablo II Remake/Remaster was planned, but they later realized that it would be much better to give the franchise a complete reset and put majority of the fans requests into 1 giant package."

Wait so this means they aren't going to do a remaster of D1/D2? At least of D2? I thought for sure that was in the works.

Are they stating, D4 is a compilation of D1 and D2? Um wrong right there. D4 is not D1 or D2 and never will be. D4 is built upon D3. D2 is built upon D1.

I want a remaster of D2 because it's D2 damnit, only modernize it for today's hardware. Keep the game the same as it's always been.

That really sucks if they took everyone off that project to move towards only D4. I knew it was too good to be true that a remaster of D2 would of happened.

If they were smart, they would give D2 remaster with preorders of D4. Allow people who preorder D4 get to dive right into D2 remaster but if you cancel your preorder, they detach the D2 remaster from your account, lol. Something to that nature.

News Comments > Sunday Multiplex

1. Re: Sunday Multiplex Nov 11, 2019, 10:52 Xero

Unless I'm missing something, that game looks like it was developed in early 2000s, lol.

Is this supposed to come out soon and we ignore that it looks like it's being developed on the same engine as Shenmue 2? lol

News Comments > Need for Speed Heat Races Out

2. Re: Need for Speed Heat Races Out Nov 8, 2019, 17:44 Xero

For me, the most fun I had with NFS was Most Wanted Black Edition. I think that was back in 2006? I had a blast with that game playing with a manual transmission and it's what made me want a manual car, lol. I also understood 100% how the RPMs worked and to effectively change gears with a manual car because of it, lol.

Supra all the way.

News Comments > Morning Multiplex

1. Re: Morning Multiplex Nov 8, 2019, 13:32 Xero

The effects in D4 appear to have been dialed down a bit from D3. I'm actually thinking I like that more because D3 became a cluster f**k with everything firing off everywhere that you would practically lose tracking of where your character was.

It also adds to the gloomy look where the effects appear simplified similar to D1 even. Rather than glorifying the magic or abilities, it keeps them honest. Kind of how The Witcher gave off it's magic effects. They were mostly subtle but kept a realistic look about them within the world.

News Comments > I.G.I. Origins Officially Announced

3. Re: I.G.I. Origins Officially Announced Nov 6, 2019, 22:03 Xero

Lol, still remember playing Project IGI. It might of been advertised as one of the first open world FPS but I know they played hard on the fact that they used like a flight simulator engine to make the game. I mean that showed... Game itself was meh. For it's time though, it was better than a lot that we had FPS wise at that time on the PC when it came to new releases...  

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Released

1. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Released Nov 5, 2019, 14:25 Xero

If I own the standard edition, is there a way to upgrade to this? I'd probably give the game an entire new play through with any new content since launch. Just had no desire to reinstall after beating it to play some new tombs here and there... I had a good time though.  

News Comments > Pro Fortnite Player Banned

28. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 4, 2019, 19:48 Xero

Rofl, this day in age, crying like a biaaatch online because you've been banned in a game. Geezous. We are getting soft here boys.  

News Comments > Diablo IV Announced

21. Re: Diablo IV Announced Nov 1, 2019, 22:15 Xero

RaZ0r! wrote on Nov 1, 2019, 19:15:
Gameplay trailer doesn't look as good as III to me.

III had a huge impact at it's time because there was no ARPG really with that art style out yet. It was the first of it's kind. Now there are so many D3 clones and similar looking ARPG's that it makes 4 look ALMOST the same but it's not quite. While the others might look alike, I still maintain nobody can do it like Blizzard. When they listen to their fans, they make great games. D3 had it's hiccups, especially with that stupid auction house and using real money, but the Jay Wilson got burned for that hard by the fans. As you can see, he's no longer the director...

I think Blizzard is one of those companies that was always for the fans first. When you thought they lost their way because they got big headed with WoW and the amount of money they were racking in. Yet when they go back to their core, the games that made them popular and great, they know best as to what it was that got them where they are today.

Only time will tell how Diablo 4 stacks up to the legacy of 1 and 2. Let's remove 3 because although they fixed the crap out of it since launch, it never quite had the Diablo feel because of maybe the look of it. It felt more like an isometric WoW. Diablo 4 might return back to its roots and that's not a bad thing...

News Comments > Diablo IV Announced

14. Re: Diablo IV Announced Nov 1, 2019, 19:56 Xero

Wow... Actually looks dope. Definitely a darker look. Reminds me of 1 actually more so than even 2. I imagine they are going for a larger aspect if there are now mounts. I don't see how mounts fit in the Diablo world since it's fast paced hack and slash but I'm assuming the worlds are so large now that they can make some sense to be used.

The animations/graphics look like they can still use some work but I'm sure we are years away so it's no biggie. They'll polish it further. That giant snake looked pretty badass. The cinematic was also awesome. I've let go of Blizzard awhile ago but when they get back to what they do great, it can show.

I have WC3 Reforged preordered already since Wc3 consumed my highschool life. I'll definitely pick this one up. I've just stayed away from WoW since vanilla but if that's your thing, nothing wrong with it.

News Comments > Morning Multiplex

1. Re: Morning Multiplex Oct 31, 2019, 13:22 Xero

That physics video was very pleasing to watch, lol.  

News Comments > Rumored Diablo 4 Details

1. Re: Rumored Diablo 4 Details Oct 31, 2019, 12:36 Xero

That sounds too good to be true.

Previous discussion when D3 images/videos were released was that the reason D2 had the dark look was because the sprite based graphics just couldn't handle the vibrant look that normal polygons would display. Thus the look for D3. Most felt it was BS but went with it because they blow Blizz highly.

If they can truly give this the old school look WITH polygons, then I'm all for it.

News Comments > Death Stranding Coming to PC

6. Re: Death Stranding Coming to PC Oct 30, 2019, 12:31 Xero

I watched a gameplay video of this yesterday. Kind of just skimmed the video and had no idea wtf I was watching. Was odd for sure. Not really interested in it unless I hear something groundbreaking about it within the reviews.  

News Comments > Kingdom Under Fire 2 Next Month

1. Re: Kingdom Under Fire 2 Next Month Oct 23, 2019, 13:26 Xero

Does anyone remember when the original Kingdom Under Fire had straight up copied Warcraft in like every aspect but then had Starcraft graphics? lol, it was a mess but honestly, I had some fun with it. It had good music. Difficult as hell for a single player skirmish though. Then again, so was Starcraft.  

1996 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >