Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On March 29, 2003
Supporter -
Total Comments 2124 (Senior)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mafia II: Definitive Edition and Mafia III: Definitive Edition Revealed

5. Re: Mafia II: Definitive Edition and Mafia III: Definitive Edition Revealed Apr 6, 2020, 14:08 Xero

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Apr 6, 2020, 11:45:
Mafia III sucked...Could not get into it at all...

Same. At first when I picked it up I thought everyone was wrong about it. The graphics looked great. The animation was dope and the shooting mechanics were generally really well done.

It's just missing something that grabs you. Maybe it was the location or something that I couldn't get into much at all.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Ion Fury, Dishonored
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saints Row: The Third Remastered Announced

7. Re: Saints Row: The Third Remastered Announced Apr 6, 2020, 14:07 Xero

Well that certainly does look like they put a lot of effort to truly remaster it. The graphics look noticeably improved.

Can't say that for some other remasters that have been released where they either simply "sharpen" up the textures/graphics and leave the interface outdated and terrible. Those are quick money grabs.

Even the general idea of a remaster is a money grab but how much effort they put in goes ways to show whether they actually cared to remaster it or not.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Ion Fury, Dishonored

News Comments > Mafia II: Definitive Edition and Mafia III: Definitive Edition Revealed

2. Re: Mafia II: Definitive Edition and Mafia III: Definitive Edition Revealed Apr 6, 2020, 11:09 Xero

Dacron wrote on Apr 6, 2020, 10:45:
I'd rather see #1 redone, was a great game.

Same. I remember being blown away by the story telling and ending of it all. Mafia 2 never grabbed me the same way but I heard good things about it. I just could never get into it the same way Mafia 1 had me.

Mafia 2 still isn't terribly looking. I mean the trench coat does flap... so it has that going for it, lol.

Mafia 1 on the other hand was as good as it got prior to physics being introduced on everything these days. I would love to see a full blown remake. With that remake however, at least fix the racing segment in the game, lol.

News Comments > Steam Top 10

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 6, 2020, 09:12 Xero

I don't want to take a dump on Alyx because I never played it myself and maybe in time I will (not interested in VR at the moment. Not a $$$ issue, more of a space issue).

With that said, beating Black Mesa last night made me realize what a revolutionary company Valve was at the time that they put out Half Life. Taking away the better graphics in Black Mesa, the level design is still there from Valve regarding the puzzles/pacing, encounters and it's done so perfect. Definitely my #1 FPS of all time. It's probably my 5th overall play through of Half Life 1 in some form and it's never dull. If it's remade in another 20 years, I'll happily do it all over .

News Comments > Saints Row: The Third Remastered Revealed

3. Re: Saints Row: The Third Remastered Revealed Apr 4, 2020, 19:04 Xero

Remakes and remasters are all the rave these days. Damn though, this isn't even 10 years old and getting one..? The hell?  

News Comments > RESIDENT EVIL 3 Breaks Out

3. Re: RESIDENT EVIL 3 Breaks Out Apr 3, 2020, 13:31 Xero

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 3, 2020, 13:14:
I'm about two hours in and it's okay. RE3 was more action-oriented than the previous two titles but I feel they've gone a bit too far with it and the similarities between both title are few and far between. While it has the same locations and characters the story itself is out of order which creates this weird pacing and the creative liberties make this more of a hard re-imagining than a soft remake especially when you look at how RE1R/RE2R were done. I really, really hate how they went about introducing Nemesis though.

It's nice seeing Raccoon City from the ground floor but when I saw the game clocked in at ~20GB I was pretty surprised so I am gearing up for a very quick game which I worry has little to no replay value since Mercenaries was stripped out.

I have a feeling that if Resistance wasn't bundled in then this would have made more sense as a $30USD game or maybe even as an expansion pack to RE2R.

Shorter game times surprised me at times but are also welcomed. With the amount of back log that it's easy to accumulate these days, where in the heck can anyone find all the time to get through and literally beat every title in their library? 6-10 hours is my perfect game time of how long a game should be. Just enough to get out before it either gets boring/repetitive or eats up too much time I can put into another one of my other games.

Yeah, 1st world problems.

News Comments > New Commandos Game in Development

3. Re: New Commandos Game in Development Apr 3, 2020, 12:42 Xero

After that disaster Commandos 2 remake, I've lost all faith or desire for a new Commandos game. I hope it's gonna be good though.

On the bright side, Desperados 3 is looking awesome. Damn I wish I played it while I was at PAX. I watched some play it and it looked good. I just wasn't into holding controllers/mice/keyboards with a potential death virus on the loose.

News Comments > Star Citizen Raises More Cash

21. Re: Star Citizen Raises More Cash Mar 30, 2020, 17:30 Xero

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 30, 2020, 11:37:
El Pit wrote on Mar 30, 2020, 11:26:
Avus wrote on Mar 30, 2020, 11:01:
Goodtry wrote on Mar 30, 2020, 10:58:
I remain amazed that people keep throwing money down this hole.
I am guessing these whales have a "it is too big to fail now" mentality.
Hope and beliefs cannot be questioned from the outside - the believers themselves need to find a way out of the labyrinth they willingly walked into. They got to find their own escape route - again by their own effort.
Humans are a believing bunch.
Cults and religions rely on people not being able to find a way out.

That's why Fox news still exists, and people not looking to discover the truth themselves! - ZING!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 30, 2020, 11:24 Xero

I kind of forgot about the FF7 Remake and don't ultimately care if it does or does not come out on PC but does anyone know if they're plans for it?  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions

2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 30, 2020, 11:21 Xero

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 30, 2020, 10:24:
Good thing a video game can't be rigged.

I was just going to say. If hacks are hard enough to detect, I can only imagine when millions of dollars are on the line with betting. It'll only add to the need to make better undetectable hacks.

I know people love to treat competitive gaming like real sports but the reality is, they're not. I mean sure, an athlete can juice up, but in the end, his skills are still there that the juice should only compliment/enhance how good he already was.

In gaming, a hack can take a sh!!ty player to a whole new level. Once that hack is removed, guess what, he's still a sh!!tty player.

I also don't like the fact that the rules and balance is in the hands of the programmers who decide what gun they want to nerf/buff based on how often players use it or exploit it. Then a player can just get real good with that 1 gun until it gets nerfed and he's again, a shat player...

Competitive gaming will always be bound by the limitations of the code and whose behind that code to decide how good you really are.

News Comments > Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Early Access

4. Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Early Access Mar 30, 2020, 11:01 Xero

I was always intrigued by the first games but never got into picking one up. I looks like it reminds me a bit of Joan of Arc. I was hooked on that game when it came out. Seems similar yet probably weaker overall. You got your troops that aren't all that intelli, you charge forts/castles, villages, and your like this OP'd hero within the troops.

These games looked a bit more on the realism side in comparison.

News Comments > Sunday Multiplex

3. Re: Sunday Multiplex Mar 30, 2020, 09:04 Xero

Yeah, the 3rd person didn't do much for me in that video. Looked janky as f**k because clearly not designed with that look in mind.  

News Comments > Get The Deed for Free

2. Re: Get The Deed for Free Mar 28, 2020, 18:40 Xero

Snagged! Will never play it!  

News Comments > Predator: Hunting Grounds Free Trial Weekend [Updated]

8. Re: Predator: Hunting Grounds Free Trial Weekend Mar 27, 2020, 12:16 Xero

I saw this in action at PAX this year and it looked awesome. I think the Predator character just has the look to be more fun in 3rd person than 1st person as he's always previously been represented.

Fun fact, I owned this in my hayday, lol,
http://retrovania-vgjunk.blogspot.com/2017/08/predator-nes.html

My, how times have changed.

News Comments > Predator: Hunting Grounds Free Trial Weekend [Updated]

3. Re: Predator: Hunting Grounds Free Trial Weekend Mar 27, 2020, 10:39 Xero

I got the same message but then again, I'm not sure I want to step over to the dark side with EGS to try this.

News Comments > Bright Memory Leaves Early Access

1. Re: Bright Memory Leaves Early Access Mar 26, 2020, 09:12 Xero

Wait, waaaaht? "created by one-man development studio FYQD"

The game looks like something a big budget studio would put together. I'm baffled.

News Comments > Avalanche Studios Rebrands; Teases New Game

4. Re: Avalanche Studios Rebrands; Teases New Game Mar 25, 2020, 12:27 Xero

Bill Borre wrote on Mar 25, 2020, 12:21:
Does it get better? I saw positive comments about it here so I picked it up on sale and played for an hour but it was just meh for me and I deleted it to go on to other things. I'm sure there's more stuff to do if I fire it up again.

I mean, it's 5 years old now and I remember beating it shortly after it's release so it could just be memories but I had a fun time with it back then. I know it started out kind of slow but once you start tacking on upgrades to your vehicle and character, it gets a lot better. Plus I found the combat tons of fun. Has the same Batman style of just clicking at the right time to parry/counter/dodge except you pull off like WWE moves on the enemies, lol.

News Comments > Avalanche Studios Rebrands; Teases New Game

1. Re: Avalanche Studios Rebrands; Teases New Game Mar 25, 2020, 11:26 Xero

All I want from Avalanche is a Mad Max 2. As easy as it can be to make a sequel for it, I'm fully aware that they can screw it up as well (Just Cause 4). I also tried Rage 2 and ended up refunding it. Just couldn't get into the over the top that they were going for. Was a little too much.

Mad Max was probably the most fun I had with an Avalanche Studio game. JC3 was good but also a tad over the top in madness that I could only handle in short play times.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots

2. Re: Morning Screenshots Mar 24, 2020, 17:44 Xero

Looks like it was made in 2013... Nothing to see here. Move along folks.  

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Adds Free Map

1. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Adds Free Map Mar 24, 2020, 17:44 Xero

I got to try getting back into this game. The one thing that always has bothered me even from Vermintide 1 was when you are in the frantic melee combat, it's just like, slash slash slash and you can barely see anything. The weapon overtakes the entire screen. I feel like the majority of the combat with the melee weapons results in me just randomly slashing at everything since I can't see too well what the heck is going on.

With that aside, the graphics were real nice and the animations. I would like to get into it a bit more but it's missing that "catching" factor others have.

2124 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >