Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1606 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Free Weekend Underway
16. Re: SpellForce 3 Free Weekend Underway Nov 27, 2017, 00:18 Xero

I was a huge AMD fan when they first came out and I got my Compaq with one installed. I tried to stick with them being the cheaper of the two but in the end, you get what you pay for.

Intel has been headache free for me since I switched from AMD in my builds. I never went back. My last AMD was the Black Edition of whatever it was called, lol. Long ago.

Currently playing: Counter Strike Go, The Witcher 3, Shadow Tactics
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > One Hour Star Citizen Video
26. Re: One Hour Star Citizen Video Nov 25, 2017, 00:22 Xero

By the time this game comes out, it's gonna look old and outdated. There is so much already in there that looks like been there done that. Heck the spaceship in Alien Isolation has a more realistic look than that.

I also find the facial animations to look quirky but I'm sure they can fix that up.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Expansion & Patch
1. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Expansion & Patch Nov 21, 2017, 18:58 Xero

This game reminds me of Left 4 Dead 2 (I know, probably couldn't be anymore different). Except that Left 4 Dead 2 was almost Left 4 Dead, with everything done right. Graphically identical more or less and just added so much more to what was already a fun game on it's own. Left 4 Dead 2 just felt complete.

While Shadow of Mordor was quite repetitive to me, watching the gameplay videos of this new one, it looks nearly identical. Obviously with plenty of new enhancements that warrant a sequel positioning as L4D2.

I haven't played this Shadow of War title yet and probably will not until the price drops to bargain bin, but it at least appears this way from all the gameplay videos I've watched. Heck, even the music seemed identical to the original...

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
8. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 19, 2017, 17:45 Xero

CDPR is just old school. Not too many of those companies left around that put out AAA quality games.

Typically speaking, if you are making AAA games, you are including micro transactions, DLC's up the wazoo, or charging an arm and a leg for the DLC's. So far, CDPR hasn't done that, but they don't have a huge catalog of titles under their belt either. You can take that both ways. Surprised that with the lack of titles that they don't try to grab more easy money where they can, or surprised that with lack of titles they choose to give more back to the gamers/fans while not filling up their own wallets.

Business sense, it doesn't seem to make sense, but honest sense where every other AAA companies have left, surprisingly, it's there. One thing for sure, it will make business sense in the long run when the gamers stick with them and help support them for what they've given out initially.

When the AAA companies turn their back on the fans and start nipping at us every way possible, I imagine they don't give a sh!t about what we think and are aiming at the kids who get their mom/dads CC to pay for everything because I sure as hell won't.

News Comments > Outcast - Second Contact Released
3. Re: Outcast - Second Contact Released Nov 15, 2017, 18:26 Xero

I have Outcast 1.1 and the original still on disc including the box. Needless to say a huge Outcast fan here.

This update is totally worth it. I mean I got it with a 45% discount on Steam but wouldn't go after it for more than that. It's totally worth 20 bucks. It's the same game with a graphic make over and it's a beauty. The moment you appear in the farmlands and hear that symphony kick in, you will have nostalgic memories immediately.

I see a lot of hater reviews on Steam but don't know exactly what else they were expecting. It's an awesome overhaul but nothing overly done. The game is nearly identical in every aspect gameplay wise. They added a sprint feature which I guess is neat but then an annoying dodge feature which I could do without. Otherwise, everything else is mostly faithful including the amazing sound effects and fun voice acting.

Highly recommended for old time fans and newcomers that don't have a clue what they missed out on in 1999.

News Comments > LITTLE NIGHTMARES: The Hideaway Released
1. Re: LITTLE NIGHTMARES: The Hideaway Released Nov 11, 2017, 20:20 Xero

Beat Little Nightmares and it was honestly a bit underwhelming. I even tried the first DLC and that too was pretty weak.

Think I'll skip out on the rest of the DLC they put out.

News Comments > On PUBG Cheating
14. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 6, 2017, 10:10 Xero

This will always be the number one complaint of many gamers that prefer console gaming over PC. They always point to the rampant cheaters online vs console online gaming.

While it does suck, I probably don't play enough online gaming to care. Other than CSGO which does have it's fair share, it's usually easy to point out which are obvious cheaters vs fair skill.

News Comments > StarCraft II Going Free-to-Play
12. Re: StarCraft II Going Free-to-Play Nov 3, 2017, 22:02 Xero

This isn't a bad thing. I got all 3 collector editions and I'm not sour.

The game is aging and quite frankly, if nobody is paying for it full price anymore, why not come up with a better strategy to make $$$ off of it?

I got my money worth for the time the game was released. You can't compare then to now. Now doesn't compare to then.

News Comments > Three Games Free on Steam for the Weekend
4. Re: Three Games Free on Steam for the Weekend Oct 26, 2017, 22:46 Xero

HellDivers was disappointing for me. Made by the peeps that did Gauntlet which I had a blast with. HellDivers controls just are too nutty when the heat gets going. The reloading of the guns feels too frequent and I didn't see an auto reload so often I was stuck firing an empty gun until I hit "R".

I also found the interface a tad clunky to get a mission going. It does have a nice following though still playing it.

News Comments > Outcast Second Contact Next Month
1. Re: Outcast Second Contact Next Month Oct 26, 2017, 20:03 Xero

GTFO!!! Whaaaaat???? I LOVE THIS GAME. I still have it on disc. I even bought it on Steam and it has like a zillion achievements. Everytime you pick something up the achievement icon pops up, lol.

This remake looks stunning. I honestly put some good time into the original despite the graphics from the 90s. It's that addictive. I can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Stunning music, fun shooting mechanics that aren't all that complex, and a free world to roam from the get go once you get off the snow planet (basically training planet).

News Comments > Injustice 2 PC Beta Delayed
2. Re: Injustice 2 PC Beta Delayed Oct 25, 2017, 17:31 Xero

I really want to give this a try.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
1. Re: New GeForce Drivers Oct 23, 2017, 16:38 Xero

Nvidia driver releases are annoying. Waaay too often. I know they want the competitive edge by having every new game released under their umbrella, but it's annoying to constantly install them. They aren't too quick to install either...  

News Comments > First-Person Mode Within The Evil Within 2
5. Re: First-Person Mode Within The Evil Within 2 Oct 22, 2017, 16:51 Xero

Still stuck on the chainsaw guy in TEW1, lol. Since I've never gotten past that part I gave up on the game, haha.

Don't know if I have any interest in ever getting this one but that fps view looks awesome.

News Comments > The Witcher Turning 10
7. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Sep 4, 2017, 18:32 Xero

Played Witcher 3 first. Found it to be probably the greatest game I've ever played. Attempted Witcher 2 and couldn't believe what an upgrade Witcher 3 was in terms of just about EVERYTHING. Sure the visuals in Witcher 2 aren't bad when maxed out... hold up pretty nice even to today, but the gameplay is just so far behind Witcher 3.

Witcher 3 plays like the XFiles in Medieval Fantasy. Just when you thought you investigated something that seemed obvious, it turns into something completely out of the ordinary that you would of never imagined. I loved that.

Someone mentioned it was hard to get going in Witcher 3, I'll admit the same feelings, but once it picks up, it just never lets up. I think the ending of the Barron story is when I was officially hooked.

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Trailer and CE Preorders
1. Re: SpellForce 3 Trailer and CE Preorders Aug 17, 2017, 21:54 Xero

Wish they had an actual gameplay trailer but the cinematic was done well. Considering Witcher 3 was my all time favorite action adventure RPG, I'm not sure how I feel of them using Geralt's voice in the trailer. It felt awkward.  

News Comments > StarCraft: Remastered Launch Event Next Week
3. Re: StarCraft: Remastered Launch Event Next Week Aug 12, 2017, 23:01 Xero

Task wrote on Aug 11, 2017, 21:05:
Did you forget Diablo 1?

Nah. Look I'm greatful for Diablo 1. If it wasn't for it and it's success, we would never have had Diablo 2, but in the grand scheme, Diablo 1 is lacking greatly overall. Sure, a remaster would be nice nostalgia but Diablo 1 is nothing in depth compared to Diablo 2.

Don't get me wrong, I had great memories playing with Diablo 1 and online with it but if I had to choose between 1 and 2 being remastered, I'd go with 2 all the way. Have even better memories with that game.

News Comments > StarCraft: Remastered Launch Event Next Week
1. Re: StarCraft: Remastered Launch Event Next Week Aug 11, 2017, 19:49 Xero

I forgot I had this pre-ordered since it was announced. I hope I actually get around to playing it when it launches, lol.

If anything, I'm only paying to support their remasters until we can get a remaster of Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3. That's the ONLY reason I'm paying for this, lol.

News Comments > DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend
10. Re: DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend Jul 19, 2017, 22:19 Xero

This was an interesting game for me. For awhile I had no intention of buying it after trying the demo. I thought it had nice graphics but not much else. I grabbed it cheap on sale and began to play through it.

I was determined to beat it and did so, but what a chore it felt like. It constantly felt like it was coming to an end only to not, and it only made the push to beat it that much more exhausting, lol.

The game-play gets very predictable but if you enjoy like "combat zone" scenarios where you enter a room and you know what's coming as soon as the rock music kicks in, this is for you, lol.

News Comments > Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer Released
5. Re: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer Released Jun 27, 2017, 22:09 Xero

So originally Diablo 3 planned a fresh take on classes with bringing zero back from the first games. They might of forgot the Barbarian was in Diablo 3. Then the Monk was in Diablo Hellfire (not same style though and wasn't Blizzard specifically involved with that, but still), and now Necro is back.

Sometimes I hate when people complaining of having the same thing in a sequel, but then request bringing back old things... Can never win.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Launches
1. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 22, 2017, 13:31 Xero

I might be blind, but I don't see any deals on the front, lol. They all look nearly full price.  

1606 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo