Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1965 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Best Games of the Century List
7. Re: Best Games of the Century List Sep 19, 2019, 13:22 Xero

The Pyro wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 11:54:
Half-Life 2 was certainly influential but IMO the mechanics and storytelling are not particularly noteworthy compared to more recent titles. I wouldn't have ranked it that highly. Meanwhile, counter-strike (in various forms) has been a premier competitive FPS for nearly 20 years now and it didn't even make the top 50?

Yeah I remember when HL2 came out, it wasn't as mind blowing as I felt when I played HL1. It was kind of like everything we did in HL1 with cool physics, but not revolutionary by any means. The tech demo that displayed it's physics was a real highlight prior to releasing but by the time it actually came out, we had other titles that contained physics (not as good but still).

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Best Games of the Century List
4. Re: Best Games of the Century List Sep 19, 2019, 12:01 Xero

Absolute garbage list which I imagine was intended to as said, generate clicks and rage.

I would have not cared about any of the below #1 ranking and had Witcher 3 in #1.

That game is beyond simple gaming. The storytelling is unmatched. I've yet to find a game that has dialogue and story telling as well as Witcher 3 and we probably won't see it again. Sure the combat is mostly generic, hit and dodge with the occasional magic involved, but I honestly don't care.

The game's visuals (with HD mods installed now), music, storytelling, and feeling of open world is still unmatched to this day. I'm on my 2nd play through right now and my god, it's better than the first and that was an epic experience for me. Now I'm encountering so many more quests and stories that I missed the first time around and it's blowing my mind how much more content I'm discovering this 2nd play through that I I missed entirely.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2

News Comments > Get DiRT Rally for Free
4. Re: Get DiRT Rally for Free Sep 15, 2019, 18:03 Xero

jdreyer wrote on Sep 15, 2019, 17:32:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 15, 2019, 15:34:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 15, 2019, 15:30:
Snagged.
ditto

Tritto?

Quitto?

News Comments > Another J.J. Abrams/Bad Robot Gaming Deal
1. Re: Another J.J. Abrams/Bad Robot Gaming Deal Sep 13, 2019, 12:54 Xero

I find a Half Life movie wouldn't translate to the big screen well. I mean what made it great for it's time was living the experience in the eyes of a peasant scientist. The lack of talking from Gordon and just listening in on everyone else losing their minds or succumbing to the accident is what made it so tense.

The movie would be little more than a sci-fi survival film that probably wouldn't stand out much more than any other typical sci-fi movie but non-revolutionary.

It's just one of those games that was meant to be played and not really watched on tv, lol.

News Comments > A Plague Tale: Innocence Free Trial
1. Re: A Plague Tale: Innocence Free Trial Sep 13, 2019, 12:20 Xero

I might give this demo a go. Game has been on my wishlist for awhile but just not at a price I'd like to pay, lol. Steam reviews are pretty favorable for it.  

News Comments > Borderland 3 Reviews
21. Re: Borderland 3 Reviews Sep 9, 2019, 17:34 Xero

I tried getting into Borderlands 2 after a sale was giving it for like 12 bucks on Steam.

I couldn't get into it. The music was pretty cool. The guns felt meh as did the impact. I also didn't like that I could only hold like 2 guns at a time (probably because it was still early), and like zillion different guns were dropping. Granted, a lot of those guns felt dull to me.

I dunno, also the cel shaded look is definitely something your either into or not. I never really was but thought I'd give it a chance considering the hype.

The dialogue was pretty funny and I did enjoy it. At least in the starting phase of the game. I didn't get too far though to see if it turns into a really amazing experience though.

I felt like I had an idea of what it was all about and again, the gun feel failed to get me hooked which is what an FPS is all about...

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 5, 2019, 15:27 Xero

I don't understand what the point was with this idea. By adding a "fold" you just added a new step that I have to perform to see my screen. Why would I want that? The idea of quickly grabbing my phone out of my pocket while I simultaneously hit the power button so when I pull it up to my eyes, it's unlocked and ready. That's all I want to do.

We had a fold on older cell ideas such as the LG "VX9800". That was early 2000s and we don't need that back again...

News Comments > New Steam Library Beta This Month
12. Re: New Steam Library Beta This Month Sep 5, 2019, 08:50 Xero

I've been using STEAM skins for years. I actually just recently switched back to a black color one similar to the original but a bit more clean. For the a few years until recently I had the entire interface pale white with blue accents to match my PC case, lol.

If they are going to make a big change, I'm sure it'll disable/break skins but eventually someone will figure out how to do it again unless Steam offers the ability from the get go. If I were them, I would probably allow that since it gives Steam a nice added touch to personalize it more. This could add another edge over EGS/Origin/Uplay, etc. Not saying that's the primary reason we use these stores, but every little reason to feel they are in favor of the consumer more is a plus in my book.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 4, 2019, 12:48 Xero

Put back your mother's credit card kids! FF VIII remastered is confirmed trash.  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC
5. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 4, 2019, 12:46 Xero

F*******k a half arse multiplayer just to appease to those that feel they need multiplayer in everything.

Don't sacrifice quality to appease the peons.

I'm totally down with a rock solid, awesome single player game. AKA, THE WITCHER 3.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Will Offer PC Preloads
10. Re: Borderlands 3 Will Offer PC Preloads Sep 4, 2019, 09:20 Xero

Man, this whole EGS is their last hope once FortNite dies down and no more of that $$$. They are trying to capitalize before it's all OVA.  

News Comments > Alec Holowka Dead
80. Re: Alec Holowka Dead Sep 2, 2019, 00:35 Xero

Sounds like the dude couldn't live with himself once the stories were coming out of the stuff he did.

Similar to when that gay dude was secretly being reported in his dorm and once he found out that someone had a video of him with another dude, he ended up jumping off a bridge.

I wouldn't defend this dude for what he's done but he probably could of used help earlier on before it ever got to the point of him doing what he did to these women.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Deep Dive Video
1. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Deep Dive Video Aug 30, 2019, 20:52 Xero

I'm honestly done with these gameplay videos already. Just give me the damn game. No need to spoil it anymore. I know what to expect out of it.  

News Comments > Spyro Reignited Trilogy Next Week
1. Re: Spyro Reignited Trilogy Next Week Aug 29, 2019, 09:30 Xero

Man, they really overhauled it graphically. I thought it was just going to be HD old textures. They've cleared added quite a few more polygons to the animation and overall level architecture. It looks like a brand new game... I never played the originals so I might look into picking this up.

This and Crash Bandicoot I need to look into.

News Comments > Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive
5. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 21, 2019, 12:03 Xero

MattyC wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 11:17:
Xero wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 11:11:
I'll sum up what they were trying to say in a "humble" manner. They were paid more money to be an EGS exclusive and took the bait.

Man, I hate EGS so bad. What a sh!t e-store competition it's become. They're logic has just turned into, let's snag as many exclusives as possible to force people to buy from us.

Um, how exactly did you think publishers worked previously?

Getting their content on as many stores of their choosing as possible provided the store allows it.

News Comments > Morning Multiplex
2. Re: Morning Multiplex Aug 21, 2019, 11:58 Xero

I was honestly looking forward to the Terminator in all it's cyber form, but I guess we'll have to settle for Arnie.

Sindel seems kind of boring but I thought Nightwolf was going to be also and he's actually quite fun.

Spawn should be badass. Can't wait to see his other outfits and gear pieces.

News Comments > Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive
1. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 21, 2019, 11:11 Xero

I'll sum up what they were trying to say in a "humble" manner. They were paid more money to be an EGS exclusive and took the bait.

Man, I hate EGS so bad. What a sh!t e-store competition it's become. They're logic has just turned into, let's snag as many exclusives as possible to force people to buy from us.

News Comments > Metro Exodus: The Two Colonels Released
11. Re: Metro Exodus: The Two Colonels Released Aug 21, 2019, 10:23 Xero

I was wondering if I should ever try the newer Metro games as I remember playing the very original and thought the coding was terrible. I had horrible FPS in the game with a beefy system at the time and thought, if they can't properly code, I'm not even going to give it a chance.

Judging by recent reviews, it appears they still have wonky coding or bugs that are rather apparent. I think I'll pass on this as well until they get their shieeeet sorted out.

News Comments > Little Nightmares II Announced
3. Re: Little Nightmares II Announced Aug 20, 2019, 09:16 Xero

Cutter wrote on Aug 19, 2019, 22:59:
I just picked up the original today - as it's on sale for $6 atm. Hope it's good.

It's not like Inside as much as it's compared to it so don't expect that, but it's a fun game in it's own right with a great spooky atmosphere. For 6 bucks, you can't go wrong. I think I paid around 12 for it when I got it and totally thought that was worth it.

News Comments > Little Nightmares II Announced
1. Re: Little Nightmares II Announced Aug 19, 2019, 22:52 Xero

Oh sweet. That was unexpected.

I don't think the original is all that incredible but I had fun with it. I'll definitely pick this one up if it's at least as enjoyable as the first.

1965 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo