Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1576 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer
4. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer May 17, 2017, 13:23 Xero

Same here. Game got very repetitive and I had no interest in going back to finish it.  

Currently playing: Counter Strike Go, The Witcher 3, Shadow Tactics
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Alan Wake Sunset Sale
27. Re: Alan Wake Sunset Sale May 13, 2017, 20:27 Xero

jimeh wrote on May 13, 2017, 16:50:
word of warning: I picked this up and its got a very confusing 3rd person perspective where the player is off to the side which makes it sort of hard to walk in a straight line or know where you're looking.

Aren't other 3rd person games use the same style? Dead Space? The Evil Within? I'm sure there are plenty more I can't think of right now.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale May 5, 2017, 20:57 Xero

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 5, 2017, 20:08:
LIMBO is easily worth that price, arguably worth the full price of $10, if somebody is still on the fence for that game.

Limbo was good, Inside is GREAT.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Tease
18. Re: Far Cry 3 Tease May 3, 2017, 18:51 Xero

I played Far Cry 3 as far as I possibly could and that was well into boredom. It gets very stale when it's the same, clear out a camp formula, liberate, and repeat.

I swear, I think the only game that kept me going at it with this formula was Mad Max. I enjoyed each and every camp/base liberation. Probably because the combat was style was so addicting.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15
11. Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15 May 2, 2017, 12:44 Xero

VaranDragon wrote on May 2, 2017, 11:20:
Bludd wrote on May 2, 2017, 10:56:
I feel old

Heh. I remember waiting for Morrowind for YEARS. It was the first game I was really hyped for.

It was all about those amazing water effects! Could only see them if you had a Geforce 3!

News Comments > Little Nightmares Released
4. Re: Little Nightmares Released Apr 29, 2017, 17:36 Xero

Reviews are stating it's a 3 hour game at the most. That a lone seems to get everyone mad that reviewed it.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Flow Video
2. Re: NVIDIA Flow Video Apr 23, 2017, 15:02 Xero

I don't understand what the uproar is about it. Especially in the comments of even the utube video. Nvidia is showing off future tech just as they always have in the past. Yes, it takes a few years before we can actually see it in games, but it's a demonstration of what's to come. Every single Nvidia tech demo I've watched since early 2000s has come into standard gaming years later.

I still remember watching the faerie Nvidia chick sitting on a branch years ago and thought we would never have graphics like that in regular games. Now we have better graphics than even that tech demo. So yes, it goes a long way but eventually this stuff becomes standard technology in the games. This is just the base of it.

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Beta
3. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Beta Apr 12, 2017, 13:41 Xero

They had initially discussed they weren't bringing back any old classes when D3 was releasing info prior to release. Obviously they made an exception with the Barbarian and oh yeah, the Monk if you count the Hellfire expansion for Diablo1.

Now they are bringing the Necromancer. I'm not sure it all makes sense. It's just rehashing the same game play just into Diablo3.

Also, regarding more content, there isn't much more they can do at this point. Diablo is one of those guys that is fun for probably a month and then it gets boring. Or at least until you max out the new character they release and are done and bored again.

News Comments > BAFTA 2017 Winners
1. Re: BAFTA 2017 Winners Apr 6, 2017, 20:42 Xero

Glad to hear about, INSIDE. I just bought the game, am nearly done with it, and have to say it's one of the most interesting experiences I've ever had with a game. The ending portion will make your jaw drop in humor and like, wtf is going on here. A definite reaction from a game that had me on the edge all the way so far.

Try not to view any spoilers or help files. Everything can be done with your brain and it truly isn't worth spoiling it if you have even the slightest thought to play the game. It's an epic 3 hours worth your time.

News Comments > Agents of MAYHEM in August
16. Re: Agents of MAYHEM in August Apr 4, 2017, 00:34 Xero

I had a blast with Red Faction Guerrilla but not so much the one after that.

They also released a nice patch that updates it with modern bellz and whistles for updated hardware. I think that was pretty nice of them.

On a side note, this looks like sh!t.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 in Full Development; More Witcher Games Likely
22. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 in Full Development; More Witcher Games Likely Mar 31, 2017, 22:58 Xero

Oh god I would love another Witcher. My life has been empty since I beat Witcher 3 and the DLCs. I had been hooked on it Since May 2016 until early February when I finally beat it. Just about playing it every day straight. What an experience. I'll never experience something like that again, for sure.

I'll support whatever CDPR decides to do, but I doubt they can ever top Witcher 3.

News Comments > Mad Catz Closed
6. Re: Mad Catz Closed Mar 31, 2017, 21:10 Xero

Good. I still remember buying my second N64 controller from them and the damn thing got jammed in the system. The stupid hook up end of the wire to the system broke off inside the system and I had to mail my N64 back to Nintendo for repair, rofl. Madcatz didn't do shit about it. Assholes.

You know what it was like for a hyper active 14 year old who lives off a console to not have it for almost a month? Rough.

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free
15. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 26, 2017, 20:45 Xero

JeffD wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 17:21:
odd... its still 2d? .... why? its like star craft 2 but shit animation.

Of course it's still going to be 2D. If they were going to invest into completely remaking the game engine, why even bother with Starcraft 2?

Starcraft 1 is still widely the top eSport game in South Korea. Basically if it ain't broke why fix it? While they make do with dealing with it the way it currently is, I'm sure eSport and fans in general of Starcraft 1 won't mind an update. This is moreso for the diehard players still at it vs the ones that have no idea about it and are just getting on board and only know Starcraft from Starcraft 2.

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free
9. Re: StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free Mar 26, 2017, 15:57 Xero

HoSpanky wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 13:14:
Oddly, while the individual units look better, the higher resolution steals the per-pixel gorgeousness of the original, making it look like a cheap Flash game. It's why I'm glad the older Mario games haven't been made over like this.

Yeah this is something I'm afraid of too but I guess it'll just depend when actually having it in front of your own screen and seeing it.

I think with all the additional effects and artwork of the units on display together, it should make it feel more than a cheap flash look in the end.

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Trailer
2. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Trailer Mar 24, 2017, 19:56 Xero

They edit the shots so quick you can't get a chance to analyze the HD textures, lol.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Year Five
10. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 24, 2017, 19:54 Xero

Only in America will people spend hard earned money on a game that is not yet released and continues to sap their wallets year after year without giving a physical object in return that you can hold and say, yeah, this was worth it! lol

To be fair, I know, I'm sure some rich kids in Euro have dumped $$$ on it as well.

News Comments > StarCraft II Skins Previewed
7. Re: StarCraft II Skins Previewed Mar 24, 2017, 17:28 Xero

Kxmode wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 15:51:
This has to be one of the worse justification comments on Blizz's forum.

"For everyone complaining, let's think of it this way: If you like Starcraft 2 and want to see the development team continue to patch and update it so many years after its release (something that doesn't happen with most video games), you can donate $2.49. As a special thank you for your donation and dedication to SC, they will give you a FREE skin. Does that sound better?"

This response sums up why Blizzard can keep getting away with this stuff. Their customer base is truly brain dead.

This was the exact comment I was referring to. The dude is actually stating let's pretend we are DONATING to Blizzard instead? Can you please get Blizzards ballz out your mouth. This is such a fanboi type of excuse for Blizzard just taking advantage of it's ignorant, loyal fan base that will buy a turd if Blizzard sold it.

For those that act like it's OK practice and for us to just ignore it if we aren't interested, that is fine, of course I'm going to ignore buying such stupidity, but that doesn't mean I can't state my opinion for what this really is.

News Comments > StarCraft II Skins Previewed
2. Re: StarCraft II Skins Previewed Mar 24, 2017, 14:09 Xero

This is so lame and the fact that the comments on the Blizzard page show the blind devotion the Blizzard fanbois have, they substitute the reason of the costs as giving them donations to produce more content.

Do you think a billion dollar company such as Blizzard needs donations to produce additional content? gtfo. This is a cheap cash grab on the weak minded that feel paying 2.50 for a graphic change PER unit is worth it.

News Comments > New AMD Crimson ReLive Drivers
1. Re: New AMD Crimson ReLive Drivers Mar 6, 2017, 20:56 Xero

If your card has drivers that cause issues with a game like CS GO, it might be time to rethink what hardware you rock under the hood.  

News Comments > Agony Trailers
2. Re: Agony Trailers Mar 2, 2017, 19:20 Xero

I don't know man! I think it's a refreshing change of environment for once. Bored of the typical space station/real world scenarios.

I know some like to think in DOOM your in hell, but I never felt that way. THIS looks out of it's mind whack type of hell I can imagine being like if it did exist. I'm down.

1576 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo