Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1676 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Project Warlock Released
1. Re: Project Warlock Released Oct 18, 2018, 22:07 Xero

I played this at PAX East last year in Boston. Was really fun. Developer that was at the booth was really cool dude also. I'll def buy once it's not GOG exclusive.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard "Working on Different Diablo Projects"
20. Re: Blizzard Oct 18, 2018, 17:27 Xero

Could it be a Diablo MMO? It's not like it would be geared entirely towards a mature audience. Diablo 3 did have a lot of color in it. If they actually darkened it up a bit to differentiate it from WoW a lot more, I think it would have some appeal.

All I really am looking forward to is a remaster of Diablo 2. Diablo 1 is OK for nostalgia purpose but let's be real, the dungeons aren't all that appealing. At least 2 had the different zones that were uniquely different and felt different.

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Adds The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon
4. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Adds The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon Oct 17, 2018, 14:09 Xero

I've had this on my wish list for awhile now but was hesitant on picking it up due to the game breaking bugs.

Hoping to hear more positive reviews eventually.

News Comments > EA Exploring C&C Remasters
14. Re: EA Exploring C&C Remasters Oct 12, 2018, 09:13 Xero

I wouldn't mind a Red Alert2 remake. I know some might say RA3 was similar but it really wasn't. I want straight up RA2 with just modernized graphics/support. Keep the same gameplay. Also, please no cel shaded graphics like RA3. That's an either you love it or hate it look and I'm mostly on the hate it side.  

News Comments > Internet Archive Launches Commodore 64 Library
4. Re: Internet Archive Launches Commodore 64 Library Oct 10, 2018, 20:37 Xero

Can't tell you how much fun I had with this thing when I received one right before summer break. It was given to me from the father of a kid my mother used to babysit. He was a hardcore gamer on that thing.

I literally received it with tons of games. Both cartridge based that you would stick into the keyboard and floppy disks (the literal ones). Had a blast with that thing.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 8, 2018, 13:35 Xero

I also see the streaming thing becoming an issue mostly because while a lot of people are looking to cut cable and opt for apps instead to get their tv/movies/shows fix, some of them are too spread out. If I need to subscribe to multiple steaming platforms and it's going to cost just as much as cable, how is that benefiting me then?

Or in my case, I'm a huge boxing fan. That is mostly the only reason I need apps. Boxing nowadays is spread over, ESPN+, DAZN, ShowTime, and various PBC channels. It's getting crazy. Luckily HBO just dropped out of boxing due to the competition claiming all the best fighters, but damn, it's still too much to pay across to get my fix in. Sucks.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 5, 2018, 23:20 Xero

Little Nightmares is a perfect game for October. While it's by no means a perfect 10, I got a lot of enjoyment out of it and beat it. Solid title for the price.  

News Comments > PUBG Bans a Nation's Worth of Cheaters
8. Re: PUBG Bans a Nation's Worth of Cheaters Oct 2, 2018, 21:58 Xero

13 million? Really. That's a sad amount of players that need to get the upper advantage. Goes to show kids these days will take whatever shortcuts in life than actually GETTING GOOD AT IT.

Lame.

News Comments > The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties
35. Re: The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties Oct 2, 2018, 17:58 Xero

christheshitter wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 16:34:
Really i can't believe everyone is so down on the Witcher games. The Witcher games are the most overrated games in history.

They are assboring!

It's sad that you kids don't know good games from bad games.

I would LOVE for a list that you can provide that tops Witcher 3. Give me at least a top 10. I'm talking credible mentions and not just, Oh yeah I had fun with this game so let me throw it out there.

We can know what kind of gamer mind you got with the list you can provide.

Thanks.

News Comments > The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties
18. Re: The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties Oct 2, 2018, 12:57 Xero

My co-worker who read the majority of the Witcher novels says that Geralt was more so boring in the books than he was in the game.

Honestly, CDPR probably did more for Geralt's personality than the books ever did but I wouldn't know for sure. What I do know is that this dude should be a little more grateful that CDPR did his character and the world justice.

So many would have never heard of his books if it wasn't for the games (me included), and I don't think he should be acting like a doosh about it when he IS reaping the rewards from the exposure CDPR has had on his creation.

News Comments > How to Hitman in HITMAN 2
1. Re: How to Hitman in HITMAN 2 Oct 2, 2018, 10:59 Xero

It's been awhile since I've played HITMAN. I still remember pre-ordering the original and having a lot of fun with it. My attention to the series then waned shortly after Hitman 2 released and then the follow-ups.

I did pick up Hitman Absolution and thought the environments were nicely detailed however I could not get back into that style of game again. Maybe this one will bring me back into the series. I just might give it a go.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 2, 2018, 10:08 Xero

ItBurn wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 01:56:
PC or nothing. No, I don't want to encourage this practice and buy a shitty console and have a sub-par experience. I'll just play my infinite list of good PC games I already have to play. If you like consoles, ok, but I don't.

Honestly, this. I've skipped out on plenty of games that are console exclusive because there is no way I will purchase an entire console for "1" game. The actual fact that there are people that do is mind blowing.

I rather skip out on the title and "wait" if it does eventually come out on PC and have all the enhancements and DLCs included than buy it for a console experience.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Odyssey Reviews
20. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Reviews Oct 2, 2018, 10:02 Xero

I've picked up a few older AC titles and I've always tried to get into them but never could. I don't know why. Perhaps I should give this one a go? I do like the time period. Then again I also thought I would like AC Origins and got bored rather quickly.

Uuugggh, I wish these games were a bit more like something else. Not sure what though.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Oct 1, 2018, 14:36 Xero

The SIMS is back for world sales charts domination!

YUCK!

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
24. Re: Sunday Mobilization Oct 1, 2018, 09:12 Xero

Cars driven by AI sounds dreadful coming from a gear head. I mean, I understand it for people that hate driving or suck at it, but how can you want to leave your freedom to the Ai? Having a car gives you more freedom in life to get where you want to go whenever you please, however you please. I don't want Ai to determine how it gets me there.

Don't get me wrong, I love technology that helps us with what we already have and to improve that, but to take away a feeling of freedom to me and giving that to the Ai is hard to swallow.

I also agree with the idea that the Ai can never be smart enough to deal with real world situations where judgement is required in a fraction of a second.

There are so many situations you encounter on the road out of random, whether a powerline just went down and now you are being detoured around it off a dirt path, or something else. A police officer is telling you when to go cross an intersection despite the traffic lights still working because of something else going on. I mean, how can the Ai understand all this?

News Comments > BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Ticket Includes Blizzcon WoW Classic Demo
11. Re: BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Ticket Includes Blizzcon WoW Classic Demo Sep 27, 2018, 16:32 Xero

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 27, 2018, 15:55:
I don't see how it could possibly be fun or interesting. I loved it at the time, but most of the love was learning everything and the newness of it. Neither of those will be available in a re-release.

I can't deny, I had some great memories from classic WoW. It was the only MMO I ever payed for and had a blast with it. Never kept going past level 60 and moving on to the Burning Crusade.

News Comments > Tech Support: Error Unknown Announced
5. Re: Tech Support: Error Unknown Announced Sep 27, 2018, 14:48 Xero

Let me leave my job as a software support technician to go home and PLAY my job as a software support technician, rofl. NO WAY!  

4. Re: BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Ticket Includes Blizzcon WoW Classic Demo Sep 27, 2018, 14:12 Xero

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 27, 2018, 12:59:
I'm guessing a demo for the soon to be released of "Vanilla" version or as they are apparently calling it, Classic WoW -- ie.. WoW before all the expansions.

That's hilarious since the last time I played WoW was during vanilla. I still own the original collector's edition of WoW but never went beyond that. So to me it would be just like I remembered

2. Re: BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Ticket Includes Blizzcon WoW Classic Demo Sep 27, 2018, 12:24 Xero

Can someone explain what the heck is a WoW classic demo?  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 25, 2018, 20:12 Xero

Rofl. Xbox one, officially a poor (child's)man's PC.  

1676 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo