Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1644 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Trailer
4. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Trailer Aug 12, 2018, 17:14 Xero

Hmmm. Well I'm sorry for poster below me who isn't enjoying the writing, but besides that, I had a blast with these remakes. Can't wait for this one. Although I'll wait it out and get it on a discount because I'm too cheap to pay full launch prices these days.

I know Lara turned into mass murder with this reboots but I've had a blast anyway. She was meant to be at this point. There is only so much statue pushing I can take from the 90s. Mix some puzzles in with action and you can't go too wrong with the production values that they are wrapped in.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RAGE 2 Trailer
9. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Aug 11, 2018, 13:44 Xero

I'm sure it's gonna be good and fun as heck but that woman's voice narrating is so annoying. Should of chosen another one.  

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer
2. Re: DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer Aug 10, 2018, 22:37 Xero

Looks dope. Can't wait.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 5, 2018, 21:28 Xero

I picked up NMS after 3 other workers at my job got it and egged me to do it.

While I'm not entirely disappointed yet, I'm also unsure about it. The interface is so damn annoying on selecting this and that to do this and that. I've found myself spending so much time just fumbling over the controls to figure out how to make something happen, it's crazy.

On the bright side, the music is very well done and after figuring out how to adjust the graphics and turn off the stupid v-sync, it runs flawless maxed out. Looks really damn good.

Not sure how much time I will ultimately put in yet because it remains to be seen if it can hook me. Hasn't yet with 3 hours (I know, a long way to go still).

News Comments > Gone Gold - Shadow of the Tomb Raider
14. Re: Gone Gold - Shadow of the Tomb Raider Jul 25, 2018, 21:41 Xero

I'm so down. Loved the last two. The previous one even brings my 1070ti to it's knees maxed out at 1920 by 1080. It's got beast visuals and I expect this one to be no less.

While the movie reboot was a bomb, the game series reboots have been awesome. They certainly turned around an aging franchise that I was so sick of previously.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Demo
4. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Demo Jul 19, 2018, 14:46 Xero

I'll probably give this demo a shot but I'm not expecting much. I got bored of the first after a lot of repetition. I hear this is more of the same with improvements.  

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased
8. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Re-leased Jul 4, 2018, 09:52 Xero

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jul 4, 2018, 00:09:
I could take a dump and make a better game then this....W.T.F.......

Clearly you must of never played the original upon release. It was awesome. I had too much fun in the game and constantly would reinstall in Steam to get my fix years later.

This is an unexpected nice gesture from the devs who did not have to do this at all. I did not see this coming and wouldn't have honestly cared. The fact that they did and gave it free to those that already own it in their library gives me enough reason to revisit the red planet.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 26, 2018, 13:26 Xero

This is why PC e-sports suck unless you are playing in front of an audience that can see your screen. Anyone can be a script kiddie at any time. Yes, the proper term for someone using another programmer's creation is called script kiddie, not "hacker". That term is thrown around too loosely and is probably too good for the cheating c**t, lol.

If he can't play proper, he most likely can't develop his own hack.

News Comments > Life is Strange 2 Tie-in Demo
1. Re: Life is Strange 2 Tie-in Demo Jun 25, 2018, 23:03 Xero

Getting positive reviews so far. I couldn't get too much into LiS. I think it moved too slow, but I'll give this a shot. I hear it's a pretty quick one to setup the continuation.  

News Comments > Jurassic World Evolution Released
4. Re: Jurassic World Evolution Released Jun 13, 2018, 00:30 Xero

Can you wander on foot first person style once you have your park built? I think that would be pretty neat. Almost like a JP map editor allowing you to build something out of the movie and go about within that world. Of course, we would need, GUNS! GUNS! GUNS!  

News Comments > Tripwire Enters Publishing; Announces Maneater
2. Re: Tripwire Enters Publishing; Announces Maneater Jun 12, 2018, 23:28 Xero

AWESOME.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 Announced
6. Re: Resident Evil 2 Announced Jun 12, 2018, 16:29 Xero

Resident Evil 2 was the first PC game I purchased before I even owned a PC.

Can't tell how many times I stared at the box and re-read the details of the game that I could not play, lol.

News Comments > Battlefield V Video
1. Re: Battlefield V Video Jun 10, 2018, 14:17 Xero

The initial reveal trailer looked awesome. Watching this reminds me what I got so tired of in the past few Battlefields... the multiplayer just makes you feel so useless, lol. You are a little peon in the grand scheme of things. You die quickly and respawn quickly. I think that's why I've been sticking to CS-GO of all possible games out there, lol.

Oh well, if anything, I would probably buy it for it's single player.

News Comments > Does Vampyr Suck?
14. Re: Does Vampyr Suck? Jun 5, 2018, 13:10 Xero

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 11:44:
Darks wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 10:28:
Its looks good and all, and I really dig he old London feel, but the combat seems to get a bit repetitive after a while. Have to grab this when its on sale next year.

Vampire the Masquerade is still my all time favorite game.

Redemption, or Bloodlines? *Disclaimer: I loved both, in spite of their flaws, but I feel you get bonus points if your answer is Redemption.

I still own this on cd. Was very enjoyable for it's time but I honestly preferred when you stayed in the medieval era than when it went modern but still a cool concept.

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Next Month
1. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Next Month Jun 4, 2018, 21:38 Xero

Whaaaaaat? I thought they already did one. This is awesome.

This is my favorite Red Faction game of them all. Cool.

News Comments > Mega Man 11 in October
3. Re: etc. May 30, 2018, 14:43 Xero

deqer wrote on May 30, 2018, 14:19:
Oh jeez, I hate HD graphics. You can see the detail on megaman's face, and his facial expression just looks so weird. With an 8-bit face, it leaves it up to me to fill in that gap of detail with my own imagination of what his expression is and what he's feeling during his adventure through the chaotic fields of robot monsters.

And those run animations--too many frames. The 8-bit style had 3 frames for run animation, and it worked well because it captured certain details of megaman's posture, such as fist pump for example.

Well dude, you might as well pull out your NES because it's time to move on. Not everyone wants pixelated everything still. I for one am practically sick of the over saturation of pixel look games out there. Can't wait until it's over.

News Comments > Battlefield V in October
2. Re: Battlefield V in October May 23, 2018, 20:42 Xero

How many people are on the team to develop these games? lol. Nuts.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2018, 10:44 Xero

I still remember arguing with a friend back when Morrowind first hit that nobody would ever need 512mb of ram, lol. That it was overkill.

Oh the fun days.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale May 22, 2018, 20:28 Xero

I'm so tempted to get Kingdom Come but I've heard it's more show than substance when the magic trick is revealed. It ultimately is plagued with bugs that make the game seem like it never went through QA.

I think I'll wait until they patch the hell out of it and reviews start flooding in that the problems have been MOSTLY fixed. I mean Witcher 3 even has it's bugs here and there but either they are funny or non-game breaking. The same can't be said for Deliverance.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announcement and Gameplay Trailer
30. Re: RAGE 2 Announcement and Gameplay Trailer May 16, 2018, 10:29 Xero

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 16, 2018, 06:54:
I'm now more interested. Avalanche's last big title was Mad Max which was fucking awesome.

Let's not forget Just Cause 3 which is actually a lot of fun. I enjoyed it a heck of a lot more than 1 and 2. Yeah Mad Max is also highly underrated. Constantly on sale around 5 bucks, it's a damn steal.

1644 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo