Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xero

Real Name Xero   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 29, 2003, 01:39
Total Comments 1628 (Pro)
User ID 16605

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield V in October
2. Re: Battlefield V in October May 23, 2018, 20:42 Xero

How many people are on the team to develop these games? lol. Nuts.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2018, 10:44 Xero

I still remember arguing with a friend back when Morrowind first hit that nobody would ever need 512mb of ram, lol. That it was overkill.

Oh the fun days.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale May 22, 2018, 20:28 Xero

I'm so tempted to get Kingdom Come but I've heard it's more show than substance when the magic trick is revealed. It ultimately is plagued with bugs that make the game seem like it never went through QA.

I think I'll wait until they patch the hell out of it and reviews start flooding in that the problems have been MOSTLY fixed. I mean Witcher 3 even has it's bugs here and there but either they are funny or non-game breaking. The same can't be said for Deliverance.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announcement and Gameplay Trailer
30. Re: RAGE 2 Announcement and Gameplay Trailer May 16, 2018, 10:29 Xero

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 16, 2018, 06:54:
I'm now more interested. Avalanche's last big title was Mad Max which was fucking awesome.

Let's not forget Just Cause 3 which is actually a lot of fun. I enjoyed it a heck of a lot more than 1 and 2. Yeah Mad Max is also highly underrated. Constantly on sale around 5 bucks, it's a damn steal.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announcement and Gameplay Trailer
8. Re: RAGE 2 Announcement and Gameplay Trailer May 15, 2018, 20:22 Xero

This is insane. Almost too good to be associated to the title "Rage". Whoever said Doom reskin is on crack. Looks nothing like Doom.

Count me the f**k in!

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announce Trailer
4. Re: RAGE 2 Announce Trailer May 14, 2018, 15:07 Xero

I'm shocked that Avalanche never did any add-on DLC content for Max Mad. I mean serious content, not just stupid skins/weapon. I loved that game. Had a blast beating it and trying to get 100% completion.

I'm not sure if I care about a FPS Mad Max but they are the right team to do it.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 14, 2018, 10:25 Xero

I've had this on my Steam wish list for a while now. Hoping it sees completion.  

News Comments > RAGE 2 Video Leak?
7. Re: RAGE 2 Video Leak? May 14, 2018, 10:24 Xero

I don't get all the hate Rage gets. So much is made about it's graphics and yet it has plenty of eye candy moments from what I remembered. Sure, it had some low res textures but you act like other games do not.

The game play also wasn't that bad. Pretty standard FPS and for the time it came out it was pretty on par with everything else. Granted I didn't play it enough like I should have but that was mostly because my backlog is so crazy that it always pulled me away.

News Comments > Vampyr Specs
1. Re: Vampyr Specs May 9, 2018, 12:38 Xero

Daayum, 970gtx is no longer a viable minimum spec. graphic card. Now I feel old. lol.

Damn you miners! I want my 1080ti already but I'm not paying more than it's already not worth!

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trailer; Preorders
8. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trailer; Preorders Apr 27, 2018, 18:24 Xero

Looks like the jungle. Can be awesome. Enjoyed the foresty moments of the first Tomb Raider reboot. Didn't like so much the snow in the second. Was overkill. While I beat the first to 100% completion, I just didn't have the interest in the second. Can't say this one can be any worse though because even the second was a good title overall.

I'll grab this one also when it drops.

News Comments > Warcraft III Job Listing
10. Re: Warcraft III Job Listing Apr 25, 2018, 20:24 Xero

jdreyer wrote on Apr 25, 2018, 15:55:
heroin wrote on Apr 25, 2018, 11:55:
Warcraft 4 ALREADY!
They made WC4 already. It's called "Heroes of the Storm."

Not even close.

I went 8 years hard with WC3. Heroes of the Storm is the bastard child offspring spit out from the WC3 "custom" games. Never liked those. Those custom games were for the people that couldn't really stay with WC3's actual gameplay. I stuck with it.

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 500K
2. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 500K Mar 12, 2018, 18:58 Xero

I'm willing to give this a go eventually. I have the first although it never quite grabbed me. Not like Left 4 Dead anyway. I felt it was missing something. Even the combat got kind of dull quickly because your just swinging away mad without requiring much skill there.

I've heard they greatly improved the hit detection/combat overall so that that's a great leap already if they did. If they just made the progression through the stages a tad more clean then I'm sold. The first was just missing maybe polish or something to really move it into AAA grade quality game.

News Comments > Tomb Raider Remasters Announced
12. Re: Tomb Raider Remasters Announced Mar 11, 2018, 20:11 Xero

I wish they put a full effort for a remake and not just a tad graphic haul. I know it would be costly, but I think it would have it's fans that would buy it for these days. I'm talking the Rise of Tomb Raider graphics with Tomb Raider 1 and 2 and that would be sick.  

News Comments > Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn This Spring
1. Re: Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn This Spring Feb 15, 2018, 22:25 Xero

lol I had the original ShaqFu for Sega Game Gear. It was pretty weak but kept me up at night with the Game Gear's bright screen.

This looks just as horrible, lol.

News Comments > Sunday Patches
7. Re: Sunday Patches Feb 11, 2018, 23:01 Xero

For those that beat Witcher 3, I recommend one of these HD patches and having another go at it. Makes it totally worth the next go around. I actually plan to use one of these HD mods (there are a few) as soon as I upgrade my graphic card to redo the entire experience again from scratch. Greatest game I ever played.  

News Comments > Steam top 10
11. Re: Steam top 10 Feb 11, 2018, 22:26 Xero

Wow... Witcher 3 still going strong. Heres hoping those that just bought it play more than 20 hours worth to realize they are taking part in probably the greatest game ever made.  

News Comments > Q.U.B.E. 2 Trailer
5. Re: Q.U.B.E. 2 Trailer Jan 16, 2018, 19:55 Xero

It's funny because although Portal 2 has been out for ions I feel, I just recently got into it and beat it. I loved it so much I played the original as I had that in my library since the Half Life Orange Box, lol.

I can see how so many companies would be inspired to have their own take. At this point with no Portal 3 most likely on the way for decades, I'm happy if others can do just as good of a job at their attempt to bring that magic back.

News Comments > ESA Rebukes President Trump
28. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 11:41 Xero

Whether you agree with what he said or not, I'm sure the LEADER of the FREEWORLD could have selected a better choice of word to use.

The POTUS always had a strong stature amongst countries around the world for us showing our integrity and "peaceful" solutions to police the world. At this time, NOBODY in any other country thinks that way of the POTUS. If you simply don't care about that because your in it only for what he can do for you, well, quite selfish ah?

News Comments > Mad Catz is Back
18. Re: Mad Catz is Back Jan 4, 2018, 22:31 Xero

I bought a MadCatz controller for my Nintendo 64 2 weeks after launch. The damn controller connection end got stuck in my Nintendo 64 requiring me to mail the entire console to Nintendo for repair, rofl.

Last time I ever bought a Madcrapz product.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend
4. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Dec 30, 2017, 18:23 Xero

I bought this game on a cheap sale despite not really caring too much for it when I got into the beta.

I was hoping it would be my new L4D fix but it's far from it. It plays too arcadey and feels too hectic at times. Almost like too much is going on and too many arrows/markers showing you where or what you have to do. It gets crazy.

While L4D had a more organic feel to it and the sense of dread around a corner, this game just feels like chaos. Graphics aside, it's pretty damn weak all around.

1628 Comments. 82 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo