Total Posts
2273 (Senior)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

2273 Comments. 114 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    114  ] Older

Re: Serious Sam 4 Story Trailer
Sep 22, 2020, 15:10
Re: Serious Sam 4 Story Trailer Sep 22, 2020, 15:10
Sep 22, 2020, 15:10

Serious Sam and having a story do not go together.

In fact, the new DOOM games are as far as I want a story in a game like these. Hand me a gun, give me a target, and make sure that is done well.

Re: Hades Sells a Million
Sep 21, 2020, 12:14
Re: Hades Sells a Million Sep 21, 2020, 12:14
Sep 21, 2020, 12:14

Cool. Been on my wish list for awhile. I'll pick it up eventually. Art looks neat and I hear it has a killer soundtrack.

Re: Morning Consolidation
Sep 21, 2020, 12:13
Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 21, 2020, 12:13
Sep 21, 2020, 12:13

That is quite a hike but I recall when I used to walk into Toys R'us in my youngin days and they had Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Edition for $80.00 for the SNES. N64 was already out and it's games were typically priced around 60.00 so I was like, wtf? To me it was looking at a holy grail of a game or something to cost that much back then. We're talking the 90s...

I guess, Street Fighter always had it's huge fan following and they would pay anything for the game. I didn't know at that time so to me it was just like, what in the hell is so great about this fighting game that they're charging more than a Next Gen game?

Though yeah, back on this topic, I would never pay that much for a new game. I'm too much of a need a sale guy anyway so regardless, it would either have to be on a nice sale or bargain bin.

Re: Freedom Fighters on GOG.com
Sep 21, 2020, 11:50
Re: Freedom Fighters on GOG.com Sep 21, 2020, 11:50
Sep 21, 2020, 11:50

lol same. Remember having a good time in it. Would this be the equivalent to a modern Tom Clancy's The Division? I'm only asking because I never tried the Division but based on some gameplay videos, it gave me Freedom Fighter vibes.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 System Requirements; Trailers
Sep 18, 2020, 19:59
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 System Requirements; Trailers Sep 18, 2020, 19:59
Sep 18, 2020, 19:59

Well, my build is 5 years old and I meet the recommended. I'm GOOD!

Re: Life is Strange 2 Episode 1 Now Free
Sep 18, 2020, 15:04
Re: Life is Strange 2 Episode 1 Now Free Sep 18, 2020, 15:04
Sep 18, 2020, 15:04

I think I ought to give this a try. I received a free shirt from the developers at PAX specifically for this. I've worn it a few times and had the occasional, what is that? I'm like, oh a game. What's it about? No clue, I've never played it Just couldn't say no to a free shirt

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Stream Today
Sep 18, 2020, 14:32
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Stream Today Sep 18, 2020, 14:32
Sep 18, 2020, 14:32

I'm probably lukewarm on excitement (probably my age, lol), but have also kept away from watching videos. Mostly because I know I will eventually play it and when I look back on it, I never watched a single Witcher 3 video before buying that game. Again, I had zero interest in that game before it came out which ironically turned into probably my favorite game of all time but it probably helped that I had zero clue what I was getting into or what to expect.

Re: Get Watch Dogs 2 and Stick It To The Man! for Free
Sep 17, 2020, 23:09
Re: Get Watch Dogs 2 and Stick It To The Man! for Free Sep 17, 2020, 23:09
Sep 17, 2020, 23:09

I gotta say, if nothing, EGS's idea of building up a huge free library of games so you have no excuse to say, all my games are on Steam is probably working. I still think their site is amateurish in design and overall weak compared to anything Steam has done, but Steam is also light years ahead of EGS.

I guess I'm done complaining. I didn't think EGS would keep doing this but for the time they have, it is quite astonishing and at this point, if you've been snagging all these free titles, congrats. I still have plenty of back log on Steam to not make me care one bit that I haven't snagged jack from EGS.

Re: Medieval Dynasty Early Access
Sep 17, 2020, 14:16
Re: Medieval Dynasty Early Access Sep 17, 2020, 14:16
Sep 17, 2020, 14:16

JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 17, 2020, 13:34:
There is a big part of me that really dislikes this early access phenomenon.

Games come out as EA, are bug ridden, incomplete, lack basic functions every game should have. By the time the game is complete it's years later, old news, the novelty wore off, and nobody cares anymore. You can point to a few exceptions, but the majority of the time these EA games are ghost towns by the time they hit version 1.0.

This is very true but I'm sure this game is more stable in EA than Kingdom Come Deliverance is in its official release state.

Overall though, buying anything in EA is a risk. You basically are free alpha/beta testers to them while already handing over your money agreeing that you are not buying a final product and heck, you might never even get to see the final product. In that regard it is risky, depending how much you care to see it out to it's final release or are just interested enough in the early content they are giving you to make it worth the $$$ you spent.

On the other hand, for games that I'm like eeeeh, I don't need to try it just yet, I can wait. You basically get to play the game in it's true state now while the others who got it earlier are like you said, either tired and burnt out, or basically played a half baked product. The ONLY argument I guess is that EA typically is cheaper than when it finally launches out of EA. Again, a risk. Either wait it out and pay more for a final product, or get it cheaper, bug ridden, testing it for them, and probably getting tired of it before you ever see the final product.

Re: Crysis Remastered 8K Trailer
Sep 16, 2020, 11:07
Re: Crysis Remastered 8K Trailer Sep 16, 2020, 11:07
Sep 16, 2020, 11:07

Honestly, this is like watching the Quake 2 RTX trailer.

They did it. So what? Do you honestly think this entices me to go out and upgrade my graphics card for 600+ dollars. Now do you think I will buy a 1000+ 8k monitor for something like this? Gtfo.

I suppose when ALL of that becomes standard hardware that we can all obtain for realistic prices, I'd MAYBE(?) pick this up at a bargain bin price. That purely because I never played the original so I rather play it looking at it's best at this point. Although I have zero desire to truly do so as of now.

Re: Star Citizen Drama
Sep 14, 2020, 18:01
Re: Star Citizen Drama Sep 14, 2020, 18:01
Sep 14, 2020, 18:01

Anyone that that has thrown big bucks at this deserves to be burned at this point. Like I mean seriously, are you that easily conned? Think I know who you voted for!

Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake Announced
Sep 11, 2020, 09:08
Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake Announced Sep 11, 2020, 09:08
Sep 11, 2020, 09:08

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 11, 2020, 01:56:
Yep... I know I've come off as somewhat of a pedant here before, pointing out the difference between the two terms and when one is being used incorrectly, but the reaction to this is proof: 'remake' carries with it certain expectations of effort and quality that 'remaster' does not. All they had to do was call this the latter and the buzz would not be so negative. Asking $40 isn't doing them any favors either way, though, for something that looks on par with the canceled PoP game that would have come out almost a decade ago.

Yep. Looking at this, I would call it a remaster (and a bad looking one at that ). For me a good definition example of a REMAKE is something like Resident Evil 2 or 3. It is in no way the original Resident Evil 2 or 3 in terms of looks and format and they've even spiced things up a bit so it's not like you know EVERYTHING to expect. That is a remake for me in the same vein you have so many movie remakes. Most of those are in no way a frame by frame copy of the original and a lot of them have twists in the end or something they change so you aren't seeing an exact replica of the original.

Remaster on the other hand, well have you heard of a REMASTERED movie? That usually means, better picture quality and sound enhancements on whatever movie they're remastering, which could be a movie from frikin 1970s...

All I see here is maybe they've sharpened up the textures but not that dramatically. This should be called a remaster though without a doubt.

Re: Assassin's Creed Valhalla Coming a Week Early
Sep 9, 2020, 18:02
Re: Assassin's Creed Valhalla Coming a Week Early Sep 9, 2020, 18:02
Sep 9, 2020, 18:02

Verno wrote on Sep 9, 2020, 15:58:
Odyssey was proof that there definitely can be too much of a good thing. Too many forts, make less but more unique ones. Too many cultists/etc, make the encounters less numerable but more memorable. And so on. Everything in the game was done to death and even if you ignore the side content the game long overstays its welcome. The power curve with your character never felt right due to enemy scaling, whacking away at basic grunts gets really old. At first the gamification was welcome because we were all burnt out on trailing missions and other nonsense from the old games. But it turns out that maybe that stuff wasn't so bad, its just the usual Too Much problem at Ubisoft. Constantly designing the games with 10 different studios seems to ensure each sticks to an aspect of gameplay and makes a formula out of it. This is a Ubisoft problem in general, they stuff their games with too much cruft without considering the larger experience and arc. Weak writing also seems to follow them around - characters being introduced late into the story, constant pacing issues and incomprehensible conspiracy plot devices have been dogging them for a long time. Ubisoft desperately needs to learn that sometimes less is more. And frankly Odyssey would've been a lot more forgettable without the amazing VA performance of Melissanthi Mahut.

Anyways I can't say I'm super interested in this. It looks like the "hey we needed another one of these!" iteration. The games have totally lost track of what they set out to be and instead have become generic loot/level mashers. Ghost of Tsushima is filling the AC niche for me right now.

This was probably how I felt with Odyssey. At first I was blown away by the graphics. Once I got over them, it was like, Okay, combat isn't terrible and I actually enjoy the sneaking aspect. Yet this all grows old rather quickly. Then the lack of a meaningful story or strong writing, it just left me not caring much and strictly coming back to get my occasional conquer a fort fix. Eventually that got old and yeah, uninstall came next. This was after probably around the 20 hour mark.

There was a lot to do. Just so much to do that I felt it was all a waste of time. Like you said, it's just overstuffed. So much and nothing really feeling rewarding enough. I get that vibe usually with the Far Cry series these days but I had my fun with New Dawn for some odd reason. Perhaps because it felt like a mockery of FC5 which I found dull as hell. Though back on track, Valhalla will probably be a buy for me when it hits bargain price. I already know what to expect. I know exactly what to expect. Since I know, I know how much I want to pay for that. I'm basically expecting AC Odyssey all over again with a new coat of paint. Although, I do dig this particular look, so that is why I'm willing to give it a shot for as long as I can until boredom hits as it always does with these games.

Re: New Lords of the Fallen 2 Developer Revealed
Sep 8, 2020, 20:03
Re: New Lords of the Fallen 2 Developer Revealed Sep 8, 2020, 20:03
Sep 8, 2020, 20:03

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 8, 2020, 18:49:
I bought Lords of the Fallen on a pretty steep sale also... I'm starting to think those types of games, Soulish, etc. are just not for me. The only one I've kinda actually enjoyed playing so far, out of some of the Dark Souls, Lords of the Fallen, and some other junk, has been The Surge, but I'm getting to the point with that where I may just be hitting a wall. Tough combat(compared to other games) for each enemy on the map, and they respawn if you go back to the base/fire/campsite? Recipe for uninstall.

Tough combat per enemy, but they STAY DEAD, would make way more sense for these sorts of games, in my opinion. If it's a matter of farming resources/experience, then have an option to turn some/all of them back on, or a respawning area, etc. Respawning the whole map just makes me run through enemies ignoring them, or grinding them all repeatedly for crafting material, makes the game boring overall to me, after awhile. I can't even fathom how the Dark Souls series is popular, it's like the king of annoying mechanics in any game I've played outside of old school 80s arcade games.

As far as Lords of the Fallen 2, well, good luck, on the third developer? How does that even work?

Yup same. Once I hit the first boss in LotF, I pretty much thought, this isn't my type of game. I don't have the patience for it. I didn't realize Fallen Order also fell in the category of souls like when I first picked it up. At least not until I hit the first boss encounter and then, it became really annoying. You basically need to identify the pattern to hit, not get hit, rinse and repeat, for 25 more shots, until he drops. The second you miss a beat or get tagged, you lose half your health and need to pray for not 1 more hit. Once that happens, yay, back to the beginning, everything respawns. It really is annoying and I'm not sure how it became a fun experience for many.

Listen, I'm all for challenging, hard AF games (Commandos, Desperados, those types), but it needs to be more a long the lines of thinking and planning. If you planned bad, okay you pay for it (yet still not as bad as these soul like type games where you go back and everything respawns). The part of being punishing because your timing of clicking was off, is not so much fun. In fact, if Fallen Order didn't allow me to dial down the difficulty just for the bosses, I probably would have never completed it. Just wouldn't have been worth the frustration to get to the end.

Re: POSTAL: Brain Damaged Announced
Sep 6, 2020, 20:11
Re: POSTAL: Brain Damaged Announced Sep 6, 2020, 20:11
Sep 6, 2020, 20:11

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 6, 2020, 19:45:
Xero wrote on Sep 6, 2020, 18:28:
Wait, so Postal 4 is still in Early Access but they've been working on another Postal? Can someone explain how that works?

Read the first sentence of the story, as many times as it takes.

rofl. I thought i did when I saw Running with Scissors announces...missed everything right after that, hahahah. That's actually really funny to me because what a difference that makes.

Re: GRAVEN Announced
Sep 6, 2020, 18:30
Re: GRAVEN Announced Sep 6, 2020, 18:30
Sep 6, 2020, 18:30

Another game to prove we need the 3080GTX in our life. lol

Re: POSTAL: Brain Damaged Announced
Sep 6, 2020, 18:28
Re: POSTAL: Brain Damaged Announced Sep 6, 2020, 18:28
Sep 6, 2020, 18:28

Wait, so Postal 4 is still in Early Access but they've been working on another Postal? Can someone explain how that works?

Re: The Witcher 3 Next Gen Upgrade Free for Current Owners
Sep 5, 2020, 12:56
Re: The Witcher 3 Next Gen Upgrade Free for Current Owners Sep 5, 2020, 12:56
Sep 5, 2020, 12:56

Bodolza wrote on Sep 4, 2020, 20:23:
As timing would have it, I'm currently on my first run through of Witcher 3. I'm about 100 hours in at this point. Probably close to finishing the main story line, and haven't hit the expansion. Now I've got to decide if I'm going to go cold turkey until the upgrade is released.

Having just played 1 & 2 before starting 3, I'd say that while the graphics were rough in 1, I probably enjoyed it more than 2. Remembering what affect albedo had on potions vs rubedo was a lot to remember in 1, but they simplified it too much for 2. They found a decent balance in 3. The fighting in 2 was also a weird mix of the Diablo-style clickfest of 1 and the more action-oriented fighting of 3.

Witcher 1 was also a good challenge. You really needed to prepare and use potions to survive some of those fights. I don't think I've died a single time from a monster in Witcher 3, yet. Majority of my deaths are from falling.

What difficulty level are you playing on? The lowest will pretty much guarantee you won't die no matter how hard you try unless as you said, you fall from heights. The mid level difficulty to me is just the right degree but even that one, some bosses (one in particular in Heart of Stone), it's brutal. Like nearly a few hits and you're dead. To the point where I would dial down the difficulty just to kill the boss and then crank it back up. Yeah it feels like a cheat doing that, but it's either frustration to the point of giving up the game, or just getting through a road block and continuing the awesome story. I like to feel I'm being at least damaged by the normal baddies so the mid difficulty is just right, bosses aside. You can switch difficulty at anytime.

Re: The Witcher 3 Next Gen Upgrade Free for Current Owners
Sep 4, 2020, 11:47
Re: The Witcher 3 Next Gen Upgrade Free for Current Owners Sep 4, 2020, 11:47
Sep 4, 2020, 11:47

I been telling everyone, if they re-released this game in 10-15 years with a graphics overhaul but kept the game identical, I'd pay full price for it and happily play it all over again a 3rd time. I'm thinking a graphic upgrade along the lines of like Outcast 1999 vs the one they released a few years ago. There is no second guessing that they upgraded the graphics...

Now I just recently finished my 2nd playthrough around March I think of this year. As much as this sounds awesome, I'm not sure I want to give it another go just yet. Especially since I don't have an RTX card, and I played my 2nd playthrough using some stunning graphic enhancement mods to improve it dramatically.

I'm wondering if this will be similar to Skyrim Legendary Edition where they include "upgraded" textures yet if you downloaded texture mods for the original Skyrim, it looks a hell of a lot better than their sold "Legendary" edition with enhanced graphics...

Like, if they improved textures across the board, improved animations (they're good but can use enhancing at this time), and really added some easily noticeable eye catching effects, it is probably worth it.

Re: Morning Multiplex
Sep 3, 2020, 13:10
Re: Morning Multiplex Sep 3, 2020, 13:10
Sep 3, 2020, 13:10

Simon Says wrote on Sep 3, 2020, 12:23:
Doom Eternal? Not impressed.

It looks sharper but runs about as fast as my 1070ti at 1080p lol.

Overall, Doom Eternal hasn't been as impressive as I expected. I heard the levels were laid out more like playgrounds and it truly feels like it. So much designed specifically to do your acrobatics that leave a very unnatural feel to the environment. I'm not sure. On one hand I like that it's fast paced run and gun, then I also prefer the old school Doom where you didn't have to enter a large arena for the action to commence. Like, you literally went through corridors and claustrophobic hallways with a demon running at you.

I see that this is the new Doom and direction it is going so it's either a like it or not into it kind of vibe for most.
2273 Comments. 114 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    114  ] Older