Total Posts
418 (Amateur)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

418 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 13.
Newer [  1    6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ] Older

Re: Patch It!
Nov 15, 2006, 13:56
Re: Patch It! Nov 15, 2006, 13:56
Nov 15, 2006, 13:56

Any indication as to when they're planning on pushing it out? Before/after thanksgiving?
Hopefully it won't come out a week before the expansion... get everyone's hopes up and then drag drag drag feet

Have they said if we'll get a free re-spec out of this one?

And it's good to see more 3rd party mods being incorporated into the main UI, though I hope they do it better than they did with the combat text... I'd prefer a little more flexibility...

Re: South Park
Oct 5, 2006, 13:42
Re: South Park Oct 5, 2006, 13:42
Oct 5, 2006, 13:42

As a WoW player, I was kind of disappointed as well.

It didn't really show anything about what the game was like, and the plot was for a number of reasons. I was hoping for a something a little more based in the game. Not a whole lot more, but just a little. Can we see some Horde? How about some raid bosses? Something interesting.

I just hope the extra animations they showed there make it in to the game sometime.

It's pretty clear they were doing this on a private copy of the server with custom game rulesets (alliance killing alliance in goldshire? INCONCIEVABLE, not even in a duel, you don't really die. Mage wearing a plate helm? UNPOSSIBLE).

It's the little things that kill ya...

Re: Wait...
Oct 5, 2006, 13:37
Re: Wait... Oct 5, 2006, 13:37
Oct 5, 2006, 13:37

Molyneux is a douche bag.
Always was, he just used to have a bunch of good people surrounding him.

Now he's surrounded by people like himself, so now it's more apparent.

He just straight up lies about what the games are going to be or have in them before release. It's sad.

I'm glad I don't have to work on his crap anymore.

Re: No subject
Aug 29, 2006, 13:13
Re: No subject Aug 29, 2006, 13:13
Aug 29, 2006, 13:13

Shouldn't that be "worlds"?

Personally, I'm fairly excited for this project. I was disappointed when the original FPS was cancelled. I really hope they can pull this off in a manner that is both fun (IE, gameplay is interesting and makes sense) and true to the SG-1 universe.

Re: Tilt
Aug 15, 2006, 15:11
Re: Tilt Aug 15, 2006, 15:11
Aug 15, 2006, 15:11

I got bored with it fairly quickly, and just alt tabbed to another app.

Came back a few hours later and it was in the 100's of thousands.

Awesomeness is my score, heh.

My highest legit score is about 2500 or so.
In another tab I have it stuck again, going for a million
Or maybe i'll just see how long it takes to overflow the score counter >_>

No subject
Jul 26, 2006, 21:17
No subject Jul 26, 2006, 21:17
Jul 26, 2006, 21:17

Does anyone else find the Sidekick pop up flash ads to be really fucking annoying?

Re: ...
Jul 24, 2006, 17:26
Re: ... Jul 24, 2006, 17:26
Jul 24, 2006, 17:26

Maybe as an additional GPU but not as a replacement... it would limit upgradability; it would be like going back to soldering processors into their socket.

Depends on what you're using it for. For dedicated game systems (consoles)? It's great. For consumer desktops? Well, maybe not yet. Though as GPUs become more general in their processing, performance increases will come from optimized micro-code over mid-generational hardware changes. This will extend the life-span of the hardware.

Also, not having to carry around the daughter-card creates a huge savings in terms of redundant hardware. I mean, how much of your $600 video card is spent on RAM? Probably near or more than half of it. True, there is a premium on chips that have all pipelines functioning (lower end editions are often the high-end editions that have some of their pipelines disabled because they didn't pass QA), but G/DDR3 is not cheap by any means.

Re: What this means
Jul 24, 2006, 17:22
Re: What this means Jul 24, 2006, 17:22
Jul 24, 2006, 17:22

It's just a penny pinching solution, nothing more.

Is that to say that the original X-Box was not big enough for you?

I, for one, am tired of big clunky towers. But I like the customizability that I can get from them over a laptop.

Why do I have 2.5GB of RAM in my system when 512 of that is purely for video and is only fully utilized when playing games? Why can't I let my other apps use it?

A unified memory structure is the future of this cycle in hardware development. It reduces costs (significantly). It may temporarily complicate architectures as it bridges the generation gap between non-unified and unified, but the transition phase will not be a difficult one (from a consumer perspective).

I don't know about you, but I like to pay less for my hardware, not more.

Re: What this means.
Jul 24, 2006, 17:18
Re: What this means. Jul 24, 2006, 17:18
Jul 24, 2006, 17:18

And they cost easily 3x as much...

This isn't about raw performance. Stop getting hung up on that. It's about cost/performance. 3d cards (and even CPUs) are sorely under-utilized as is. The next generations are going to be about shrinking the die and reducing power consumption over pure performance increases because we are begining to see serious limits. Most of the advances in performance have come not from raw increases in speed but through optimized processes (algorithms, additional hardware on die, chip mfg improvements, etc). This is where future performance increases lie, not e-penis "my mhz is bigger than yours" that gimps such as yourself can't get past.

Perhaps if you had read the whole post before responding with your ignorant bullshit you would have seen this:

One thing this means, though, is that bus speeds and bandwidth will need to grow to take back the performance loss of moving the GPU to a thinner bus and slower RAM.
Look for A(MD/TI) moving to larger caches...

But I can't expect fuckwits like you to grasp anything like that.

Instead you make vague references about people not doing their research and post nothing of substance yourself.

Die in a fire.

What this means.
Jul 24, 2006, 16:19
What this means. Jul 24, 2006, 16:19
Jul 24, 2006, 16:19

AMD will have a top of the line graphics chip that supports Coherent Hyper-Transport out the gate.

You will no longer have to buy video cards for AMD systems, you will buy GPUs and plug them directly in to the motherboard. It will share system RAM with the processor.

Imagine buying a board with 4(or more) sockets. You start with some basic on-board video technology, nothing fancy. Initially you just have one CPU (dual-core, whatever). Later you realize you miss your favorite 3d games. You go out and buy an A(MD/TI) GPU and drop it in the cHT socket. Voila, instant 3D gaming. It would probably be cheaper, too. No PCB, no extra RAM (though expect the "standard" amount of RAM on systems go to up to 2GB or higher.). A few years later you find the system getting a bit sluggish from the added Vista requirements that came with the newest "Service Pack". Simply slot in another CPU and GPU to "double" your performance.

This is what this means.

Once it is out the door and proven with ex-ATI GPUs, Physics co-processors, advanced 3d audio chips, or whatever specialty processor you can think of that will take advantage of this would be only as difficult as dropping the chip in. It gets the benefit of living very close to main memory on a fast BUS, no card overhead.

Another advantage of this is that we can start moving towards smaller form-factors for mainboards and systems overall.

Later, GPUs will likely be moved on-die with CPUs as a 3rd or 4th core as they will now be able to take advantage of the higher-density manufacturing techniques that CPU-makers generally pioneer.

One thing this means, though, is that bus speeds and bandwidth will need to grow to take back the performance loss of moving the GPU to a thinner bus and slower RAM.
Look for A(MD/TI) moving to larger caches...

Why do you keep posting ActionTrip?
Jun 30, 2006, 16:37
Why do you keep posting ActionTrip? Jun 30, 2006, 16:37
Jun 30, 2006, 16:37

It has to got be the most un-funny, inane, boring bullshit I've ever seen. Can we stick with something humorous?

Bogus
Jun 14, 2006, 12:04
Bogus Jun 14, 2006, 12:04
Jun 14, 2006, 12:04

I wouldn't trust a random site like f13. Wait for something vaguely professional to back it up before you put any weight behind it.

That said... VU actually has a lot of control at Blizzard. Blizzard is not the company it used to be. They've had a huge amount of turn-over since a year or so before WoW came out 'til now. Look at how many companies are just stocked to the brim with Blizzard refugees.

Yes, Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 are in the works. But do not be at all surprised to see Galaxy of Starcraft, Planes of Diablo or whatever in 6 years...

The article is also wrong... all told, WoW was worked on for about 8 years. War3 provided a large amount of prototyping for WoW and was intended to set the stage for players to get in to the WoW universe. So look back to when War3 started major production and that's probably when you can peg a serious start date for WoW.

Apr 26, 2006, 17:06
Re: No subject Apr 26, 2006, 17:06
Apr 26, 2006, 17:06

Because religion has no problem with killing or injuring people.
They've been doing it for thousands of years, after all. They're used to it.

And if they outlawed it, they wouldn't get to use it themselves anymore.

However, controlling people's reproduction and enjoyment gives them power.

Re: MIA?
Feb 28, 2006, 20:08
Re: MIA? Feb 28, 2006, 20:08
Feb 28, 2006, 20:08

MxO:
Sold a few more than that, I think.

It's still "alive" somehow...

I think they even have some sort of big update underway, too.

Feb 16, 2006, 13:41
Re: No subject Feb 16, 2006, 13:41
Feb 16, 2006, 13:41

What is absurd is that people still buy bug ridden games. Publishers should hold games back until they're bug free, or at least free of crippling and debilitating bugs (crashes, xyz unit is invulnerable / insta-win unit, terrible lag, etc).

The developer should likewise refuse to release buggy products because it gives them a bad name and will end up costing them in the long run. Some really good games have done really poorly simply due to being forced out the door by the publisher. It causes them to lose money. If they hold the release (yes, it's expensive, but frankly, if the product has any redeeming value at all, it is far better) until it's a stable game. Seriously. Look at WoW. It was in development for 8 years. Very few crippling bugs and it gave them time to prepare a lot of major content updates ahead of time. Was an 8 year dev cycle expensive? Hell yes. Are they reaping the rewards for it? Hell yes. Would this be true for every game? No. But pushing out a broken product guarantees a failure in the marketplace. Day-of release patches are not the solution as they are often rushed and similarly broken.

Stop letting publishers get away with forcing garbage on us. Start protesting broken software on release. Start giving the developers the time they deserve to create quality entertainment for us.

No subject
Nov 9, 2005, 02:17
No subject Nov 9, 2005, 02:17
Nov 9, 2005, 02:17

Am I the only one who read "As the ninth member of the Hall" as "At the ninth level of Hell" ?

Oct 26, 2005, 02:03
Re: ... Oct 26, 2005, 02:03
Oct 26, 2005, 02:03

Erm, I don't think they're all banned per se. They're Indexed, yes, meaning they can't be displayed on shelves or advertised. I think there is a ban re: Nazi-related material, but violent games are only placed on the Index.

Likewise, I don't think they give a crap about what you do with it after you buy it.
C&C had black "oil" instead of blood. But a simple tweak changed it back and nobody cared.

/caveat: I'm not German. I've spent a total of 3 hours in the country. I didn't buy any games or visit any game stores.

Oct 12, 2005, 00:22
Re: No subject Oct 12, 2005, 00:22
Oct 12, 2005, 00:22

You're blowing your wad too early. You can't just spam a Paladin to death. You have to pace yourself and force him to use his timers.

Paladins SUCK at chasing people down. Make him run for it, don't just toe-to-toe him.
Do some damage, force him to heal, back off and patch yourself up while he's bubbled. Don't use all your best stuff at once, stagger your timers until he's used both invulnerabilities, then finish him off.

Seriously, Paladins are not that hard to kill, you just have to do it 4 times.

If you are a 'lock or a priest, hit him with low level DOTs. If he clears 'em, he spent more mana than you clearing it. If not, hit him with a bigger one and see if he notices.

Save your roots for when you need a breather. Don't open with them as Paladins aren't very good at running away anyways.

- 60 Paladin

Oct 8, 2005, 03:44
Re: ... Oct 8, 2005, 03:44
Oct 8, 2005, 03:44

It's not that the US date system is wrong... I just view it as ignorant for a huge company like Blizzard to not consider it.

Maybe that's it. Blizzard isn't a huge company (Vivendi Universal is huge. Sony is huge.) Blizzard is a large game company yes, but they're no EA, and we shouldn't wish them to be.

Perhaps it is a bit arrogant of them to assume to use the US date system. However, they are a US company and most of their player base originally came from the US. Having since grown more internationally you would think they would pay more attention to their non US customers, but, eh. Honestly, I think they know they're smarter than most of the folks in the US and didn't want to confuse us poor Americans

No subject
Oct 7, 2005, 18:43
No subject Oct 7, 2005, 18:43
Oct 7, 2005, 18:43

Hurray for idiotic Flash! Which I don't and won't install.
Thanks for making the site all but unusable Blizzard!

418 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 13.
Newer [  1    6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ] Older